Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Spoilers, First Look Previews, Gossip, Etc.

• Start Topic

I don't have outsize sympathy for Cynthia. She really seems to enjoy wagging her finger at others and, if I recall correctly, was more than comfortable leveraging her height advantage against Kandi during their argument at the pyjama party. However, in this specific situation, she removed herself from the initial dispute with Porsha and her adversary followed her to ultimately perpetuate the conflict. From the footage, Porsha's hand goes way further than Cynthia's during their finger-wagging, possibly to the point of making contact with Cynthia's face (not certain about that, though). Cynthia responds by removing Porsha's hand from proximity to her eyes - this is reasonable, in my opinion. When Porsha stands up, she is in an explicitly aggressive posture - whether that's from her intent or a lack of balance, leaning into someone's physical space and over them while holding their hands obviously telegraphs malevolent intent and escalates the situation. The need for self-defense would inspire muscle memory/flight-or-fight in most people from my perspective. Cynthia demonstrably couldn't flee considering she had already distanced herself as much as possible from Porsha after their initial argument.

• Love 2

Sure, Porsha came over after Cynthia left, but Porsha didn't address Cynthia aggressively. She tried to explain herself in a level tone, but Cynthia was still blowing up with her misdirected internal rage. All this rage over a who bitch didn't make any sense. I think that's what trapped Porsha. She tried to address Cynthia like a friend she inadvertently insulted but Cynthia saw Porsha as some demon worse than Peter. Lord knows she never gets enraged when Peter disrespects her. Can't stand Peter but I look forward to him side eyeing the kicks. Serves her right.

• Love 8

It looked like Porsha kneed Cynthia first, then Cynthia hit her in the stomach with her feet. Porsha should have stopped right there and walked away, but nooooooo. And someone's having to hold her down. Again.

That's how I see it too. She kneed her 1st and was invading Cyns space and Cyn responded with a rabbit kick.

• Love 3

I'm not so sure about this, have any of the HWs tweeted about it or is TMZ the only one reporting it? TMZ is not above making a story up or blowing it out of porportion, like claiming a verbal fight got physical when it did not. JS

Kenya did an interview with KTLA this morning, Dec. 7 and confirmed that Porsha was in a recent fight, around the 2:30 mark.

http://ktla.com/2015/12/07/does-kenya-moore-think-porsha-needs-anger-management/

What the hell is Porsha doing?  She got a second chance with being upgraded to housewife after the altercation on the reuinion and is doing well with the Ricky Smiley show on Dish Nation.  She kept on screaming Cynthia was trying to make her (Porsha) lose everything, since Cynthia lost everything, but dang Porsha...at this point you are doing it to yourself.

Getting into a fight with a friend, because you do not like her date? Really??

• Love 3

Kenya did an interview with KTLA this morning, Dec. 7 and confirmed that Porsha was in a recent fight, around the 2:30 mark.

http://ktla.com/2015/12/07/does-kenya-moore-think-porsha-needs-anger-management/

Sorry, I do NOT trust Kenya when it comes to Porsha, Nene OR Phaedra, at all.

Click here, scroll down past the two photos to the video:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/05/porsha-williams-fight-rhoa/

I didn't see any "video" of the fight in that 'report'., and it says it was NOT filmed in the 'report' itself. Of course, my computer is on it's last leg. LOL

• Love 1
Sorry, I do NOT trust Kenya when it comes to Porsha, Nene OR Phaedra, at all.

I am pretty sure if Kenya is lying that Porsha would be talking about suing her AND TMZ by now, kind of like she threatened to do when Claudia exposed her about her married sponsor last season.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

I am pretty sure if Kenya is lying that Porsha would bet talking about suing her AND TMZ by now, kind of like she threatened to do when Claudia exposed her about her married sponsor last season.

Actually, Porsha usually just takes to facebook and give her spin on it.  If she did it, she usually owns up to it.  However, I have not seen anything from her site talking about a third fight nor have anyone else had any info about it except TMZ.

• Love 1

See, ya'll keep saying it's Peter that wants the peach but it's Don Juans messy ass that's putting in overtime to try and get one.

I don't care how good a friend he is to Kandi he is woefully unaware of what his place is. It's like when a child curses and a parent laughs cause they thinks it's cute. Now this child has a potty mouth and you can't shut it down. Kandi should have put Non Juan in the corner a long time ago.

• Love 7

He doesn't even have lines on his road to know HOW and WHERE his lane is to stay in it. Does he pop off on Kandi's other professional associates this way? These are her coworkers! It is so interesting to me how Kandi is so straight up and take charge as a businessperson but has seemingly no understanding of boundaries in her personal life. Remember when DJ and Carmon were sitting around joking about Todd's dick/sperm (i think) and Kandi sat silent as they clowned the hell out of him? What is her deal? 

Don Juan needs to fall ALL the way back.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4

Don Juan actually said that he can not sit there and imagine Todd's Cocker Spaniel leg humping of Kandi and got up and left like HE was offended.  Can anyone even comprehend talking about their boss's spouse in this manner?

Of course Todd is not my favorite this season, either.  If he can store Apollo's things in his garage (dumb ass move), then he can sure as hell ask Phaedra for the money himself.

• Love 2

Of course Todd is not my favorite this season, either. If he can store Apollo's things in his garage (dumb ass move), then he can sure as hell ask Phaedra for the money himself.

That's the one thing I will never understand. I am pretty sure the asking for money thing is scripted, but storing things in their garage should never have been shown. The FBI is handling that now. With Bravo's complete cooperation, sharing all the footage shot there.

• Love 1

It is possible that Todd and Kandi wanted it to be known that Apollo's belongings were in their garage so they could get rid of it and wash their hands of the matter. Either that, or they are enablers or just plain ignorant.

Who would want to store such large items in their garage for 7 years even if there was no FBI involvement? It would get old quick.

• Love 1

Shady Bravo. LOL.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/episode-9/videos/phaedra-parks-and-todd-tucker-talk-money

That Phaedra talks really sweet to your face, then has a tongue like a viper behind your back/in THs. The only huzzbin scrounging for quarters and needing an allowance, is hers. She has all the nerve in the world talking about anybody else's husband, marriage or lack thereof, ever.

If I was Kandi and I heard that, all bets would be off on this friendship. Although based on that comment, maybe they are right now.

• Love 3

Shady Bravo. LOL.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/episode-9/videos/phaedra-parks-and-todd-tucker-talk-money

That Phaedra talks really sweet to your face, then has a tongue like a viper behind your back/in THs. The only huzzbin scrounging for quarters and needing an allowance, is hers. She has all the nerve in the world talking about anybody else's husband, marriage or lack thereof, ever.

If I was Kandi and I heard that, all bets would be off on this friendship. Although based on that comment, maybe they are right now.

Wow.

{{consultsORwallclock}} time of death:  12/28/15, 12:57pm Central & Mountain.

Phaedra the thing is, you cannot be loud AND wrong boo boo.   Shady Bravo indeed, serve editing room, serve!!  Lol.

• Love 2

Shady Bravo. LOL.

Well, to be honest, they have ALL talked smack about each others marriages/relationships throughout the life of the show. Heck, Kandi/Todd talked about Phaedra's/Apollo's marriage/relationship a few times this season alone. It is part and parcel to being a cast member on this or any HW show. I don't think any marriage/relationship on any HW show across the entire franchise has been spared smack talk from fellow cast members, not 1 that I can think of. LOL

Edited by WireWrap

Well, to be honest, they have ALL talked smack about each others marriages/relationships throughout the life of the show. Heck, Kandi/Todd talked about Phaedra's/Apollo's marriage/relationship a few times this season alone. It is part and parcel to being a cast member on this or any HW show. I don't think any marriage/relationship on any HW show across the entire franchise has been spared smack talk from fellow cast members, not 1 that I can think of. LOL

That's true but I think the difference here is that Phaedra can't hide how genuinely it sounds like she means this behind that southern belle nicety act.  She really looks like she means it and went to the trouble of specifically naming the project Todd is working on that may or not be a financial issue.   Let me put it this way, I haven't ever heard Kandi mention an unflattering or even emasculating comment Kandi made about Apollo, even when it was merited.  The other thing is say what you want about Kandi, what she says in a TH, she has already said to your face. 

• Love 5

That's true but I think the difference here is that Phaedra can't hide how genuinely it sounds like she means this behind that southern belle nicety act.  She really looks like she means it and went to the trouble of specifically naming the project Todd is working on that may or not be a financial issue.   Let me put it this way, I haven't ever heard Kandi mention an unflattering or even emasculating comment Kandi made about Apollo, even when it was merited.  The other thing is say what you want about Kandi, what she says in a TH, she has already said to your face. 

Kandi goes into more detail in her THs than to any HWs face. She never really told Nene much face to face but went in on her in her TH segments or at the reunion and she did that with Phaedra last season as well. Yes, Phaedra likes to act like a "southern belle" much of the time but she also has no problem countering that persona with raunchy comments and ratchet behavior, 2 sides of a coin so to speak, which she owns as well. For sure she is not 1 dimensional. LOL IMO, Phaedra is hurt that Kandi went along with Todd and Todd's friendship with Apollo, not their, Kandi's/Phaedra's friendship. more than anything else. It seems that neither woman can look past their own opinions/needs.  LOL

• Love 2

I'd agree with that.  And add to it every word of a post Yours Truly made in last night's show thread about the deep rooted nature of why each is hurt.  But, level of detail notwithstanding, there are no surprises with Kandi, if she doesn't like you, she won't smile in your face then shank you when the lights go out.  That just may be a mileage thing for some people, as a general personality trait, I can't stand disingenuous.  Phaedra politely showed Todd her entire front row in that conference room then prison knifed him in the TH.  It's not so much that she talked smack at all, it's Phaedra's problem (and Kandi's problem with her) overall, that she's one person in one instance and the complete opposite in the next.  There are few assurances that a person like that is genuine about anything.   They both hurt each other, true, but what I respect Kandi more for is that she says what she's really mad at or she shutsup.

• Love 6

Shady Bravo. LOL.

Phaedra, boo, no matter how hard you try to talk about anyone's huzzzzbin needing an allowance, you can't erase the years of your quickie wedding and subsequent marriage to the man you had to set up with various enterprises. What was Apollo (aside from a thief, that is) during the course of his marriage to Phaedra? 

A landscaper?

A construction worker?

A master barber?

An asset protection analyst?

And all of these were bullshit titles created by Phaedra to cover up that her huzzzzbin was scrounging for quarters not only in their couches, but in the couches of all the other folks he defrauded.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

Surely Phaedra can't think Kandi and Todd will ever forgive her for her pointed comments about Todd and his livelihood. I have not liked Phaedra for a very long time because I she is unrepentant in her vicious words.  Putting an entertaining twist on the words doesn't lessen the hurt any.  Of course one must get past the clown make-up and decide how much of it is all an act.  Phaedra is way too consumed with money and making it.  I would be very curious to learn just how many clients she has, just how many funerals she has worked since getting her license, surely she just isn't embalming bodies on the side for couch change.  Kandi is an easy target because she rarely gets upset, the night of the pajama party is about the angriest I recall her being.  That said come Reunion time she won't be pregnant Kandi any longer and may have choice words for her friend Phaedra.

• Love 2

I'd agree with that.  And add to it every word of a post Yours Truly made in last night's show thread about the deep rooted nature of why each is hurt.  But, level of detail notwithstanding, there are no surprises with Kandi, if she doesn't like you, she won't smile in your face then shank you when the lights go out.  That just may be a mileage thing for some people, as a general personality trait, I can't stand disingenuous.  Phaedra politely showed Todd her entire front row in that conference room then prison knifed him in the TH.  It's not so much that she talked smack at all, it's Phaedra's problem (and Kandi's problem with her) overall, that she's one person in one instance and the complete opposite in the next.  There are few assurances that a person like that is genuine about anything.   They both hurt each other, true, but what I respect Kandi more for is that she says what she's really mad at or she shutsup.

I disagree, Kandi has been all warm smiles towards Phaedra's face and then says "how hurt she is" in her THs. They both do it, although Phaedra is a master at it and Kandi just a bit less so because of how she was raised.....Joyce. LOL

As for the preview, I will wait to see how Phaedra talks to Todd and visa versa to compare TH comments they both make. Bravo has a long history of making the previews look more dramatic than what we end up really seeing, with the exceptions of physical fights that is.

I just read this article Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 8 Producers Faking Scenes? and its a bit annoying to think that they are stagging things this year in order to make up for the fact that NeNe is no longer on the show!

IMO, they, Bravo/production has been staging the HW shows, all of them, since season 3 of the OC. When they started doing the forced get togethers/trips and telling each HW what the others said about them they left "reality" far behind in the rear view mirror. LOL The shows are a combo of real life and old fashioned soap operas, with the lines between the 2 kept very blurry on purpose. JMO

• Love 2

Surely Phaedra can't think Kandi and Todd will ever forgive her for her pointed comments about Todd and his livelihood. I have not liked Phaedra for a very long time because I she is unrepentant in her vicious words.  Putting an entertaining twist on the words doesn't lessen the hurt any.  Of course one must get past the clown make-up and decide how much of it is all an act.  Phaedra is way too consumed with money and making it.  I would be very curious to learn just how many clients she has, just how many funerals she has worked since getting her license, surely she just isn't embalming bodies on the side for couch change.  Kandi is an easy target because she rarely gets upset, the night of the pajama party is about the angriest I recall her being.  That said come Reunion time she won't be pregnant Kandi any longer and may have choice words for her friend Phaedra.

That goes both ways. Todd and Kandi sat there talking about Phaedra/Apollo's marriage and then put it out there that Phaedra doesn't allow Apollo to have any contact with their sons while he sits in prison out of state. Kandi took Todd at his word, ones he got from his convicted prison buddy who ripped off a lot of innocent retired victims and she didn't utter a word in Phaedra's defense.

And Kandi is also consumed with "making money" and always has been.  JMO

• Love 3

Television show be damned, there is nothing friend-like in her behavior, never mind Christian. And I wouldn't even care or bring it up except she wears that identity like a cloak.

There are some things you say, that you aren't ever coming back from. Phaedra made sure of that with those comments.

She's not witty or clever. She's mean, bitter and for all the dirt she likes to throw about other people's relationships, jealous. I started to call her the B word, when I really wanted the C word. But as I think about it, she's really the P word. Pathetic.

• Love 9

Television show be damned, there is nothing friend-like in her behavior, never mind Christian. And I wouldn't even care or bring it up except she wears that identity like a cloak.

There are some things you say, that you aren't ever coming back from. Phaedra made sure of that with those comments.

She's not witty or clever. She's mean, bitter and for all the dirt she likes to throw about other people's relationships, jealous. I started to call her the B word, when I really wanted the C word. But as I think about it, she's really the P word. Pathetic.

Girl, I have said this sentence verbatim before.  That Christ-like act is what makes it so hard to spot sometimes. I had a friend who was raised in Louisiana, then married and later divorced, living in Georgia.  She was brought up in the church and, circumstantially happened to associate herself almost exclusively with other church folk.  A southern lady through and through and so were most of the women she rolled with.  They still used words like cotillion and stuff.  Anyway, I was down there visiting her and was home when the mail came.  I picked it up and noticed this one envelope because some writing was crossed out.   I gave her the mail and she held up the envelope, tambout did you see this one?  I said yeah, that looks um, personal.    She goes this is from a girl I went to school with who's also part of my home church family.  I'm trying to decide whether to just stop talking to her because whenever she sends me mail, it's addressed to Mrs. Andrew Carter, then that's crossed out and on top is written MS. Jennifer Jones.  Every envelope.   Some people think just because they're good at hiding their aggression and make the claim of Christianity, that disqualifies them from assholery.   We see you Phaedra.  And I'm not even talking about your flippin in the ghetto on a dirty mattress days.

• Love 6
Phaedra the thing is, you cannot be loud AND wrong boo boo.   Shady Bravo indeed, serve editing room, serve!!  Lol.

LOL.  Bravo came out with receipts and everything in that clip.  It goes without saying, you don't fuck with producer money at Bravo.

• Love 1

I'm posting this in spoilers because I don't think we've seen this woman yet, but apparently she is over it!

The Real Housewives’ First Trans Cast Member Quits After Being Objectified

http://www.newnownext.com/the-real-housewives-first-trans-cast-member-quits-after-being-objectified/12/2015/

Homegirl chose the wrong venue to try to assert herself as a role model. Andy has no interest in any of that. His number one question is "How can I exploit you in ways that line my pocket?"

• Love 6

Homegirl chose the wrong venue to try to assert herself as a role model. Andy has no interest in any of that. His number one question is "How can I exploit you in ways that line my pocket?"

It's even more hilarious, because ole girl has been known to get messy and be bitchy on the twitters.

Like, I'm sure she's a sweet person, but she's not dumb.

• Love 1

Right?  If he isn't willing to let any of the other women "be a role model" why would he let her?  Because she is transgender?  Wouldn't that be somewhat discriminatory?  Not to mention super boring?  Who is looking to RHOA for role models?

Was there a "First Look" this week? I didn't see any at the usual times.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that Kandi is a doormat.

I'm posting this in spoilers because I don't think we've seen this woman yet, but apparently she is over it!

The Real Housewives’ First Trans Cast Member Quits After Being Objectified

http://www.newnownext.com/the-real-housewives-first-trans-cast-member-quits-after-being-objectified/12/2015/

So I wasn't imagining that I heard there was going to be one this season?