Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

Sheesh, was Bethenny manic as hell in this ep or what?  Does she feel she has to give Satan Andy his million bucks worth?  The woman can't relax for a second.  She seems like such a bundle of raw nerves.  Man, I'd hate to be anywhere near her.  She skeers me enough thru my TV.

She has GOT to be on something. All that screeching about trying to get Ramona laid. She's not funny, she's becoming a bore. I guess Satan Andy has sold his soul to the devil and told Bethenny if she would come back she could use the show as a platform to advertise her Skinnygirl crap as much as she wants. It's obvious that's the only reason she came back. Not interested. 

• Love 13

I'm unzipped. Carole and Dorinda unzipped me. I thought the visit to the church, discussion with the priest and laying down in the hotel room with hand on urn very awkward. However, I loved, loved the discussion between the 2 ladies. One of my greatest fears is having to watch a loved one die after a long period of illness. Dorinda's comment about feeling relief and finally being able to sleep was such a brave thing to say on tv. 

Honestly, I think Moaner's faking us out.  Look, she said what actually was going on with the dudes she & Lu brought back that night in T&C.  The guy with her was just a friend of the guy Lu was interested in.  It all started with Lu's slutty interests.  As usual.  Well, Idk why Sonja didn't hook up with anyone that night, but I guess that's another story.  

It does seem odd because Ramona was playing it pretty damn coy with the sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth looks while dropping lines like a lady never kisses and tells and mums the word. It seemed like she wanted the girls and the audience (or maybe just one audience member - Mario) to think she had. Even Sonja seemed to allude that something happened. Now Ramona is out and out denying it and Sonja acts like she wasn't even there and can't confirm or deny a damn thing. I don't know if I believe this mess. 

Dorinda, on the other hand? I can appreciate her moments of reflexion as well, but she still irks me. She's so very crass, and like Ramona, it seems to be happenstance that she ended up in the circles she ran with the men she married and dated. What her friend revealed when Dorinda told her when she first started dating John made Dorinda come off money-hungry. It was something about how Dorinda was recently dating a "fat, rich, Armenian..." and the other stuff was muffled, but I'm going to hazard a guess that Dorinda said "A fat, rich, Armenian with a big dick" (or something). 

To paraphrase Kanye: I ain't saying she's a golddigger, but she messing with no broke .... asses. It appears her 1st husband was wealthy too if she was living in London, shopping on Bond Street, wearing Chanel and hobnobbing with celebs. I am curious about her 1st husband. I assume they divorced and perhaps she got a nice settlement? Going back to the Berkshires episode she was so contradictory about the house and how she got it. First she said her husband Richard brought it for her and then in her stories to the girls talking about how her dad worked there and had to use the back service entrance she recounts it as her telling her dad, she brought the house. I am not pulling a Vicki from RHOOC and saying that because Richard brought and paid for it with his money that it is his and she shouldn't take the credit but nothing wrong with saying it is our house and we brought it. It was a small thing but it stuck with me. Given the tone of the story (poor immigrant fresh off the boat treated like 2nd class citizen but now look his daughter has made it and now he can come in through the front) it just seemed like she was trying to sell it as the all American dream attained via pulling up her bootstraps when really she married into it - twice. It always sorta irked me a bit.

• Love 12
(edited)
Urnthony.

Oh, I hope we're not going to do this. :( I'll just be the party pooper asshole on behalf of the many for whom "what remains" of a loved one IS that urn and say this makes me very uncomfortable. Sometimes snarking a ho'w can ricochet. I sure can't stop anyone, but figured maybe I'd go ahead and voice it and hope some take it on themselves to understand.

As someone who has lost nearly my entire family, a little light, dry humour can be a relief from the sadness of a loss.
Kristin said she wanted to "meet" him and Carole was referring to the urn as "him" which is personifying an urn, Anthony is not here anymore. So I personally find the nickname endearing. - I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, just trying to explain mine:) Edited by Lisin
  • Love 11
(edited)

She has GOT to be on something. All that screeching about trying to get Ramona laid. She's not funny, she's becoming a bore. I guess Satan Andy has sold his soul to the devil and told Bethenny if she would come back she could use the show as a platform to advertise her Skinnygirl crap as much as she wants. It's obvious that's the only reason she came back. Not interested. 

What I hated was that the party became all about Ramona trying to find a man, and Beth's manic reaction to it.  I wanted to see Lu, Kristen and Heather interact. When Lu came up to greet them, she greeted them both warmly, and Heather greeted her back the same way. Why couldn't we see how they behaved around each other at the party? I noticed we didn't see any of that at Kristen's charity event either. According to Heather, they had made up after the deal to decorate the jeans and were fine with each other, which is the opposite of what Lu said. It is strange that Bravo seems to be avoiding showing them together at all, which is unusual for Bravo. If there is drama, they always want to show it, which makes me believe there was no drama still going on between the two at the time. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 16

I think the poll was about whether Ramona had game.  On the show Carole said Ramona has no game, however, in a real life situation, Ramona did manage to end up with the man that Carole and Bethenny were interested in.  i mean Crole even went so far as to cry foul and insist on giving Ramona the cold shoulder.  Although I agree that Ramona is just awful at Bethenny's party and several other situations shown last night on WWHL-she did end up with the guy at the conch restaurant.  I don't think the other women should be talking about her game-that is more of a viewers' discussion.

I didn't get the impression either Carole or Bethenny were interested romantically in the owner of the bar. I think they would have found Ramona's behavior rude and boorish no matter who they were talking to. And I wouldn't call the man "got" by Ramoana, more like he was held captive. I'll bet dollars to donuts that there were Bravo camera on them the whole time and he was hoping his bar was getting great exposure.

• Love 12

Having Michael Rappaport on with her was an inspired move. I actually wish he was on the show in some capacity. His energy is that of a male Bethenny.

We are just watching season 5 of Justified with his arc as a reckneck thug.  So funny to see him in that role, and then see the “real” him as a Houswives superfan.  I loved it.

Absolutely.  This was touching, moving & really so beautiful. Not at all what I'd expect to see on a Housewives show, but a very nice surprise.  And I thought, what a difference from Vicki's self-absorbed whining, wailing & crying -- which I could barely stand to watch once & refuse to ever watch again.  Watching both Carole & Dorinda reveal so much of what they had to deal with as their husbands were dying makes me cry as I'm typing this.

It was nice to have the levity of Sonja sorta saying she gets her teeth fixed by a vet or that she has "people".  Er, I wasn't hearing wrong, was I?  She did say that, right?  It was good to have a balance against the somber Carole/Dorinda stuff in this ep.  Btw, did anyone notice Joshie-poo-the-dickhead's hair?  WTF?  Plugs?

And this is fun-

Sheesh, was Bethenny manic as hell in this ep or what?  Does she feel she has to give Satan Andy his million bucks worth?  The woman can't relax for a second.  She seems like such a bundle of raw nerves.  Man, I'd hate to be anywhere near her.  She skeers me enough thru my TV.

Omg. That clip is hilarious.  And yes to Beth being extra-manic at her SG launch party.  I couldn’t tell if she’d done some lines of coke (Skinnygirl Snow—being launched in the fall of 2015!) before the party or was just drunk.

I thought the church scenes were all kinds of awkward, but probably true to life. You could tell Carole felt awkward. I was expecting her to show up, someone would hand her the urn, and she'd leave! OMG, I have to TALK with someone! Once she had the urn, I could feel her emotion -- so difficult.

It was an awkward scene.  But it turns out that Carole had already had a long conversation with the priest ahead of time.  Carole penned this open letter to HW fans with more explanation about the episode last night

I think the poll was about whether Ramona had game.  On the show Carole said Ramona has no game, however, in a real life situation, Ramona did manage to end up with the man that Carole and Bethenny were interested in.  i mean Crole even went so far as to cry foul and insist on giving Ramona the cold shoulder.  Although I agree that Ramona is just awful at Bethenny's party and several other situations shown last night on WWHL-she did end up with the guy at the conch restaurant.  I don't think the other women should be talking about her game-that is more of a viewers' discussion.

I wouldn't say she "ended up" with the Conch guy, so much as "cornered him" and wouldn't let him leave!

Lol.  I walked past him on 8th Avenue a couple years ago. You ever see somebody who's so physically impactful that they make you teeter?  It might not come across on screen but he's over 6', ripped, long wavy white Jesus hair and walked like he had a good one.  Pity that, like so many other things, she might not have been aware the potential she was dismissing.

Nope.  But two notables right here.  a. I'm guessing our teeth are made of...teeth and b. this probably isn't how we'd choose to disrobe a stranger.   Actually I'm not sure she was trying to disrobe him as, I believe, the button was on his cuff.  Lol. 

Ramona.  Should we really still be surprised when shitty people say shitty things?  Really ya'll?   She's an asshole for sure, but what I think she was getting at was something she elaborated on in her description of her ideal bachelor.  It's important for her to be with a man who's not only financially independent enough to care of himself but, if necessary/preferable, take care of her as well, but either way she made it pretty clear, she's not here to take care of him.   She's a snob and a dick and a selfish bastard but realistically, she's probably right about her larger point if it was the ability of a bartender to be at or above her income level.  Or, OR, I could just be reluctantly giving her too much credit and she's an asshole.

Call me a sucker I cried when Carole was listening to music on the bed and her mouth started puckering.  A lot of this shit is super fake, but that ugly quivering thing your lip does before your sob gets loud and chokey is something that's hard to pretend.   Rahul, I wholeheartedly agree with you about how intrusive it felt right then.  I wish they would've left her alone with that, we'd seen enough of her journey up until that point to conclude the rest. 

Kristen's "is she dumb" TH. Lmao!  Girl:

kenya-fan.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

The lip quiver on the bed was what got me right in the feels, too.  I wondered what she was listening too, and I imagined that it might have been some songs that held significance to her and Anthony.  Like maybe their wedding song...  Just speculating tho!

• Love 7

I kind of like that Dorinda doesn't place much importance on a mans looks. Unlike Ramona who places all importance on looks. it's much easier to find a happy relationship when you lower some of your superficial standards. Not all, just some. 

• Love 14

Here is another clip of Heather and Beth with Sonja looking at the models. I wonder how Heather comes to be part of the process?  I wonder if this is a place where production tells them this is what is going to happen. I agree that Beth talking about giving someone an eating disorder is beyond funny. I also don't think that anything Sonja said would do that, since she was saying the girl is thin already. 

For me, this is what I've been waiting for, and my heart is happy. To see Beth and Heather - two smart savvy women in their respective careers who are not just "talkers" but actual "doers" is awesome. 

I am sure that the person there who works with Sonja was all kinds of bent out of shape that she had to have Beth and Heather there. The look on Beth's face when the girl said that the clothes were "not what's on trend right now" said it all. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-718/videos?clip=2885944

Here is another clip of Heather and Beth with Sonja looking at the models. I wonder how Heather comes to be part of the process?  I wonder if this is a place where production tells them this is what is going to happen. I agree that Beth talking about giving someone an eating disorder is beyond funny. I also don't think that anything Sonja said would do that, since she was saying the girl is thin already. 

For me, this is what I've been waiting for, and my heart is happy. To see Beth and Heather - two smart savvy women in their respective careers who are not just "talkers" but actual "doers" is awesome. 

I am sure that the person there who works with Sonja was all kinds of bent out of shape that she had to have Beth and Heather there. The look on Beth's face when the girl said that the clothes were "not what's on trend right now" said it all. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-718/videos?clip=2885944

It kind of showed where Bethenny's head is in fashion. I like the cut of Sonja's collection and I do consider it more traditional than on trend. This is trend to me: http://www.starpulse.com/news/Kevin_Blair/2015/01/07/watch-as-brandi-glanville-flips-out-thand I so hope it never catches on. I do find Sonja's advisors pretty funny, the are so intense and all about the jargon.

• Love 1

I didn't get the impression either Carole or Bethenny were interested romantically in the owner of the bar. I think they would have found Ramona's behavior rude and boorish no matter who they were talking to. And I wouldn't call the man "got" by Ramoana, more like he was held captive. I'll bet dollars to donuts that there were Bravo camera on them the whole time and he was hoping his bar was getting great exposure.

My point was lost. . .if the end result of game is getting the guy, Ramona's moves worked.  Much to my chagrin. He had the ability to walk away or excuse himself in two hours.  If nothing else a nature call-even Ramona can't deny a bathroom break.   I thought she was rude to take up his time instead of taking back to the table and meet with the other women.  BTW Bethenny standing behind the guy squawking about Ramona being hyper sexual was bad game as well.  All in all I think Ramona objectifies men.  Don't see anything different in last night's episode.  There were guys she could have laughed and danced and had a goodtime but she was in the zone and booked out of there blaming Bethenny for lack of selection.

I kind of like that Dorinda doesn't place much importance on a mans looks. Unlike Ramona who places all importance on looks. it's much easier to find a happy relationship when you lower some of your superficial standards. Not all, just some. 

I felt that way, too! Until I heard her call John a fat, rich, Armenian.  Some girlfriend that was to divulge that little secret.  Had Dorinda not shushed her and diverted her to whisper, would this 'friend' just have blurted that out?  I mean, not that it matters anyway because we heard it, but did she think Dorinda would appreciate that?  Friends like that...

• Love 6

It kind of showed where Bethenny's head is in fashion. I like the cut of Sonja's collection and I do consider it more traditional than on trend. This is trend to me: http://www.starpulse.com/news/Kevin_Blair/2015/01/07/watch-as-brandi-glanville-flips-out-thand I so hope it never catches on. I do find Sonja's advisors pretty funny, the are so intense and all about the jargon.

Oh, my eyes, my eyes! That outfit on Brandi never fails to amaze me. She must love it because I've seen her wear it a few times.

Me, I know almost nothing about fashion, so I am a terrible judge of whether or not Sonja's line is good. I thought a few of the pieces looked nice. What I do wonder about is someone paying $1200 for a dress that comes in S, M or L.  I would expect for a frock in that price range to actually be sized.  Maybe someone who knows more about fashion can give an opinion on what the expectation would be here? 

Here is a review from the NY Post on her line. I don't think, if memory serves, that the Post is a good friend of Sonja's. Seems like they are the ones who called for a change of cast and named her as someone that should be gone, so this could be anti-Sonja bias on their part.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/19/would-you-buy-clothes-from-this-woman/

• Love 2

Oh, my eyes, my eyes! That outfit on Brandi never fails to amaze me. She must love it because I've seen her wear it a few times.

Me, I know almost nothing about fashion, so I am a terrible judge of whether or not Sonja's line is good. I thought a few of the pieces looked nice. What I do wonder about is someone paying $1200 for a dress that comes in S, M or L.  I would expect for a frock in that price range to actually be sized.  Maybe someone who knows more about fashion can give an opinion on what the expectation would be here? 

Here is a review from the NY Post on her line. I don't think, if memory serves, that the Post is a good friend of Sonja's. Seems like they are the ones who called for a change of cast and named her as someone that should be gone, so this could be anti-Sonja bias on their part.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/19/would-you-buy-clothes-from-this-woman/

I agree about the price point and she is using silk in many of the outfits not the cheap Rayon stuff of LuAnn's-and I think Luann has some nice pieces.  I don't have issues with a three size collection.  I guess I am just not that sophisticated.  This is where I agree with Bethenny-have it tailored.

Luann has some nice pieces but her line is definitely budget-conscious. Sonja's prices are high enough that they're verging on some designer prices. Not quite who the target audience is. But at least one of Sonja's projects has come to fruition. Now for the toaster oven!

• Love 1

Why is Ramona demanding that every event this season turn into her personal Millionaire Matchmaker event and every damn guy fit her Mario shaped requirements? Do you know how sympathetic I would be if she had said she wasn't ready to date? If she sat down with a therapist? Or took this time to pursue interests she hadn't been able to explore when she was married? But that would take introspection. And you can't expect any introspection from the Ramonster.

Ramona is a classic narcissist - it's all about her search for narcissistic supply wherever she goes. You won't get real introspection from her, but Ramona reads people well enough to know when an apology is called for - though it will always be fake from her.

• Love 13

I was hoping they would unearth that scene with Lu walking in on Carole when they were in England.  I honestly don't think I remember it, but someone else mentioned it the other day, and I thought it would be all kinds of awesome if they showed it again.  I will assume it gets discussed at the reunion. Makes Lu look ridiculous. Yes, Carole didn't like her walking in her room followed by a camera crew without being invited, but she didn't go crazy and accuse her of having evil motives, write a song about it, and just generally hold a grudge for months.  And that was back when Carole didn't like Lu. 

IIRC both Carole and Heather said their busting in on LuAnn wasn't big deal because they were due to flm in T&C.  Same would apply here. I think this was a producer driven bit with the Princess sleeping in until noon and the Countess having to wake her. I find it hard to believe Carole slept with her door unlocked to a public hallway in London.  LuAnn, knocked called out to her, received her permission to enter, walked in and told her it was time to go play croquette..  I see zero similarity in the two situations.  The fact that Carole had to mention she might be masturbating--again lock your door.  It seemed to me she had plenty of time to get her hands or toys out of her pants. What was interesting is when Carol went into her Countess spiel, Dorinda took the same position Carole did about Heather, she did not utter an unkind word about LuAnn.  I did appreciate Dorinda putting Ramona on blast. 

• Love 3

One other little thing.  (This is not a Heather ad.)  I read this article Heather wrote about her training and work for No Barriers - she's getting ready to do her big hike and she talks here about what she's getting from this work.

http://wellandgood.com/2015/07/28/heather-thomson-hiking-philanthropy-health/

It just reminds me that there is such a good show to be made - real women facing real challenges, or doing real things.  We saw it with Carole and Dorinda last week.  We saw it with Kristen, just a hint of it, as she tiptoed into charity.  And while we didn't see it with Heather on the show, we see what she's doing (and know she filmed it).

Bravo, are you listening?  If you can't stand to give up Housewives, couldn't you do THAT show also?  I don't care what you call it.  I don't even care who it stars.  (Please star Carole and Heather.)  But I think people are hungry for real stories about real women.  I know I am.  (Funny, too, yes!  You can be funny!  In fact, it's better if you are.  And yes, you need conflict. Conflict is healthy, in life and in narratives; conflict forces change and propels action.  I just hate the toxic, cruel, nastiness that seems to underlie this franchise lately.)

• Love 20

As many of you have said, my very favorite part was the 2 ladies discussing the deaths of their husbands.  No fighting or shouting.  Just a very real, touching moment.  Bravo.

I too knew who Trinny was!  I said "Is that THEE Trinny?"  great seeing her.

Sonja's sparkly dress was ugly but Mona's words were even uglier "He is just a bartender."  Poor Bethenny.

• Love 4

Having Michael Rappaport on with her was an inspired move. I actually wish he was on the show in some capacity. His energy is that of a male Bethenny.

That was a truly great pairing. He has a knack for speaking truth to crazy, it looks like.

• Love 1

It is not about the looks, it is how deep their pockets are.

Yep. I went there.

• Love 8

IIRC both Carole and Heather said their busting in on LuAnn wasn't big deal because they were due to flm in T&C.  Same would apply here. I think this was a producer driven bit with the Princess sleeping in until noon and the Countess having to wake her. I find it hard to believe Carole slept with her door unlocked to a public hallway in London.  LuAnn, knocked called out to her, received her permission to enter, walked in and told her it was time to go play croquette..  I see zero similarity in the two situations.  The fact that Carole had to mention she might be masturbating--again lock your door.  It seemed to me she had plenty of time to get her hands or toys out of her pants. What was interesting is when Carol went into her Countess spiel, Dorinda took the same position Carole did about Heather, she did not utter an unkind word about LuAnn.  I did appreciate Dorinda putting Ramona on blast.

Of course no two situations are ever exactly the same. You look for situations where more similarities exist than differences. In both situations someone enters the room of another HW with a film crew behind them, which takes the HW by surprise. In both situations the HW's felt their privacy was violated and said in their TH that they wished it had not happened. We don't know how much production had to do with either situation. Might have been a lot, maybe not much at all. Since we don't know, it cannot really factor in on anything. My thoughts have always been that someone from production did a quick check in each bedroom to make sure there wasn't anyone else in the room, and that the HW's were in there. Not one of the ladies were surprised to see H&C standing over them with lots of questions - they didn't even raise their heads from the pillows - which made me believe they were given a quick heads up. I have no idea if that is true or not, so I cannot really figure it into the equation. What we do know is that in each situation one HW was unhappy with another for the action. One let it go and moved on, but another held a grudge and tried to turn it into a whole conspiracy against people she herself said were her friends.

• Love 7
(edited)

"He's a bartender."    I'd have given anything I own for that bartender to look at Bethenny (in regards to Ramona) and fire back, "She's a bitch."   She's officially reached Brandi Glanville UNWATCHABLE territory.

Poor Carole & the conversation with Father Darius. ("I can't call you Darius") was just so awkward.  And then how 'bout when they were saying good bye and FD went to hug her and she clumsily said "I'm not a hugger."  and hugged him anyways.   It was awkward; yet so sweet at the same time.

I too, was getting frustrated with Dorinda and her interrupting Carole. 

eta:  I love Kristen's hair style/cut.   It's so cute.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 10

One other little thing.  (This is not a Heather ad.)  I read this article Heather wrote about her training and work for No Barriers - she's getting ready to do her big hike and she talks here about what she's getting from this work.

It just reminds me that there is such a good show to be made - real women facing real challenges, or doing real things.  We saw it with Carole and Dorinda last week.  We saw it with Kristen, just a hint of it, as she tiptoed into charity.  And while we didn't see it with Heather on the show, we see what she's doing (and know she filmed it).

Bravo, are you listening?  If you can't stand to give up Housewives, couldn't you do THAT show also?  I don't care what you call it.  I don't even care who it stars.  (Please star Carole and Heather.)  But I think people are hungry for real stories about real women.  I know I am.  (Funny, too, yes!  You can be funny!  In fact, it's better if you are.  And yes, you need conflict. Conflict is healthy, in life and in narratives; conflict forces change and propels action.  I just hate the toxic, cruel, nastiness that seems to underlie this franchise lately.)

Thanks for that great link. Inspiring indeed. You know, I might be feeling overly optimistic, but maybe Heather hosts the season finale event? I thought it was Sonja's fashion show, but that is next week. Maybe there is still hope that something about this makes it in?

• Love 6

Also, wasn't Bethenny dating someone at the time and Carol had started seeing Adam. Doubt either of them were really interested. 

• Love 8

I just read the blogs over on Bravo.  Carole must have gotten her"no writing" sanctions lifted by her publisher b/c she wrote a nice open letter to fans.  However, when I read her retelling of getting to the church to get the urn, I couldn't believe she called the priest "Father Damian".  Um, maybe she had a ghost writer (TM Aviva) or her auto correct malfunctioned, but I only watched the ep once & I know his name is Father Darius. It's kind of hard to take in all the pathos and empathy of the situation when you get the name wrong of one of the people you're thanking for his part in your journey.

Ramo-NO should not be invited to any more functions.  She is just so rude and inconsiderate and condesending to everyone in her orbit.  She finds fault with EVERY damn thing.  She sucks all the oxygen out of the room.  It is exhausting to watch her so I can't imagine what it's like to have to be physically in her presence.

• Love 4

I just read the blogs over on Bravo.  Carole must have gotten her"no writing" sanctions lifted by her publisher b/c she wrote a nice open letter to fans.  However, when I read her retelling of getting to the church to get the urn, I couldn't believe she called the priest "Father Damian".  Um, maybe she had a ghost writer (TM Aviva) or her auto correct malfunctioned, but I only watched the ep once & I know his name is Father Darius. It's kind of hard to take in all the pathos and empathy of the situation when you get the name wrong of one of the people you're thanking for his part in your journey.

Ramo-NO should not be invited to any more functions.  She is just so rude and inconsiderate and condesending to everyone in her orbit.  She finds fault with EVERY damn thing.  She sucks all the oxygen out of the room.  It is exhausting to watch her so I can't imagine what it's like to have to be physically in her presence.

It is very possible that Carole "spoke" to Father Damian on the phone, as she wrote about the phone call only, and met Father Darius at the church itself. Many RC churches have more than 1 priest in residence at the same time.

I wished the "bartender" had looked at her, Ramona, and said that he "owned" the catering company and/or the restaurant and that he was not INTO "older" women! LOL

• Love 8

I think when "Doris" bumped her head on the window, there was a pane of glass there, in front of the ledge.  Those old windows were probably not efficient and they probably can't be replaced due to historical/preservation rules.  So they put glass there so the heat/air doesnt come in.  I saw a reflection when she was leaning toward the window.  

• Love 5
It was an awkward scene.  But it turns out that Carole had already had a long conversation with the priest ahead of time.  Carole penned this open letter to HW fans with more explanation about the episode last night

The lip quiver on the bed was what got me right in the feels, too.  I wondered what she was listening too, and I imagined that it might have been some songs that held significance to her and Anthony.  Like maybe their wedding song...  Just speculating tho!

Lol.  Maybe Bravo got it wrong?  I hope so but I'd give her a pass even if not.  There were so many things/reasons/memories to be in her feelings for during this trip, stuff she might've bottled up and never let herself feel before that this may not seem intentional.   When she told him, I wish I had one more day and then trailed off almost inaudibly, just one more day.   I started pre-bawling then. 

• Love 8

Urnthony....

Oh, I hope we're not going to do this. :(  I'll just be the party pooper asshole on behalf of the many for whom "what remains" of a loved one IS that urn and say this makes me very uncomfortable. Sometimes snarking a ho'w can ricochet. I sure can't stop anyone, but figured maybe I'd go ahead and voice it and hope some take it on themselves to understand.

Thank you for writing this. The nickname shows the quick wit of the inventor and this is a snark board where I would hate anyone to feel censored or censured, but sometimes perhaps deference should overrule a quick chuckle.

• Love 8
(edited)

Eventhough I loved this episode, it left me with more questions about Dorinda's past.  Why did she and her late husband spend so much time in London?  Was he British? (Same question about her first husband as well.) Did she relocate to London for a career move as a young woman?  Is that why she ended up living there? 

IDK, the information is a little sketchy to me...I need/thrive on details.  Thanks!

She said her first husband was British, but never explained how they met.  She lived there with him for 10 years.  Until they divorced, I presume.

[edited because Mozelle's post explains the deal with her 2nd husband]

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

Wait. Sonja's line is only doing S. M. L? Like, she's not even going to do numbered sizing (whether it's US sizing, or UK, sizing, or Euro sizing)? That doesn't seem...smart. Especially if her goal is for pieces to be priced in the high three figures, low four figures range. 

• Love 5

For those who are curious, here's the Washington Post obit for Dorinda's second husband, Richard Medley. From the obit:

"Dr. Medley left the publication in about 1990 to work for Soros Fund Management in New York. He used his experience as the firm’s chief political adviser to open a consulting business, Medley Global Advisors, in 1997.

“Trading at a hedge fund gave me a sense of what the markets need to know,” he told the publication Latin Finance.

Medley Global Advisors was headquartered in New York and had offices in Washington, London and Asia. It provided financial and political analysis to high-end investors. The topics the firm addressed included the war in Iraq and the spread of the SARS virus, the New York Times once reported."

His company had offices in London, which is probably why Dorinda spent so much time in London when she was married to Richard.

• Love 5
(edited)
And yes to Beth being extra-manic at her SG launch party.  I couldn’t tell if she’d done some lines of coke (Skinnygirl Snow—being launched in the fall of 2015!) before the party or was just drunk.

She said something about how she was probably going to get drunk bc she hadn't eaten anything all day. I was a little embarrassed for her by how manic she was but I suppose she was just having fun.

I too found the husband conversation very moving, especially when Carole talked about how when someone is dying you don't sleep and how she couldn't look at his face after he passed bc she didn't want to remember him that way. Dorinda saying "it was an honor" brought the tears too. 

So Dorinda lived in London with her Scottish first husband too. I got the sense she maybe went to boarding school/college in London and that's where all those lifelong lady friends were from?

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode much more than I thought I would. Watching Carole and Doris interacting in London seemed very authentic and touching. More of this, please.

Maybe it's because I haven't been to London, but I was trying to figure out what Dorinda meant by London being a much more gentle lifestyle, to which Carole agreed. Did she mean a more genteel lifestyle? I know New York is frenetic and bustling, and maybe she's comparing it to New York, meaning London being the "New York" of England, it's a more gentle lifestyle??

Anyway, it seemed an interesting and thoughtful way of describing her feeling about being back. It made me want to see for myself. I'd love to visit London.

• Love 1

She places importance on a man's financial status.  Isn't wealth a superficial standard?

• Love 4

I really liked watching Carole and Dorinda in London. Very touching, seemed sincere and genuine.  Very refreshing to see an authentic moment of two women bonding and even having high tea in Carole's room. It's sad topic, but makes them more endearing and real.

I LOVED that they showed Lu busting in Carole's room from season 5 because I just mentioned it here last week.  I was trying to describe the scene, but all of us seeing it for our own eyes is better.  Lu is a hypocrite.

I did not care for yet another SG promo.  Beth is nuts! She was incredibly manic and scary.  She did not act like she was drunk, she was speaking a million words a minute. WTF?  What meds is she on? It was sweet that Kristen and Heather showed up considering Beth did not show up for Kristen's CHARITY event.  Poor Heather did not get one segment this season to show any parties she may have thrown or charity functions she may have done.  I totally get the feeling from the get go it was to be all about Beth and since she did not care for Heather or Kristen there scenes were cut.  I think now that Beth has been getting backlash on social media about Heather and Kris, she is now back-peddling in her blogs.  

Sonja is just a hot mess. I really think Ramona, Lu and Sonja either need to leave the show or since some people enjoy watching nastiness, mean girl crap give them their own show. It will level the playing field of Carole, Heather, Kristen, Dorinda and Beth.  Beth would now be the newbie and I think that would be better for her.

I can't stand Ramona just saying cruel and awful things to people.  It makes me cringe.  

Sonja is on another planet this is the second week in a row where she blogs the day before and the day of..but they have nothing to do with the CURRENT episode. She is still back in T&C and still bashing Heather.  WTF?

• Love 8

I laughed at Bethenny's comments about Ramona. Ramona needed to lighten up and just have fun at the party. Bethenny shouldn't have to make sure her guest list is comprised with men of Ramona's liking just because Ramona will throw a tantrum if it is not. That's ridiculous. Ramona comes off really desperate and I think she just wants to show Mario what he's missing. I don't think he cares that much.

Sonja really needs to get that tooth fixed.

Doris was giving me a minor headache because I was wary of her interrupting Carole during their heart-to-heart. I want to hear both their stories but am more interested in Carole's refections and Doris kept cutting her off.

Which is why I can't watch Dorinda's scenes when she's involved in a conversation with someone. She interrupts constantly and it's very annoying.

• Love 4

The recap reminded me of the trio of duckfaces. I'm hoping that at least one of them (Kristen's) is ironic, but I'm pretty sure that Ramona's is deadly serious. The poor dear has no clue what she's doing. I would love to see what she would put together for her Match preferences: Seeks wealthy, attractive, divorced man between the ages of 55 - 63 with exactly one child, preferably a daughter, in college. First name must start with the letter "M".

That actor, Nick Gregory, that LuAnn set Carole up with is 55. I bet Ramona would have passed on him if he'd have been at the party. I can't imagine that he would ever be interested in her because everything has to always be about her. She can't even fake being interested in someone else. She would never be able to get through a first date.

• Love 5

This is for all of you who post over hered on the NYC HWs: I usually read recaps but rarely check the forum comments, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate reading your comments -- which are witty and often insightful. Over on IMDB message boards I've gotten so tired of the really ridiculous, over-the-top postings. Today when I read one that said Carole was vile for exploiting her dead husband for a story line I lost it. So I just wanted to let you know I find the manner of discourse much more adult over here. Thanks.

• Love 23

Wait. Sonja's line is only doing S. M. L? Like, she's not even going to do numbered sizing (whether it's US sizing, or UK, sizing, or Euro sizing)? That doesn't seem...smart. Especially if her goal is for pieces to be priced in the high three figures, low four figures range.

I agree. And the prices are way too high for what they are. The website, or collection, is so weird. I don't get it. Are the clothes selling?

As for the preview, though, I agree with Sonja, and that's a first. The business of modeling is all about what you look like; every inch of your face and bod is looked at and judged - it's not personal. Sure, it would certainly be unkind if you told a model she was fat or homely, but Sonja didn't insult the model at all - she simply wasn't what she was looking for. That's what modeling calls are for....they're used to it. It was just a short clip, but Heather, not surprisingly, seemed to ask smart questions, and Bethenny was wrong on every level. Her eating disorder remark was absurd, as folks here pointed out, and I'm not even sure what she was doing there in the first place.

• Love 5
(edited)

One other little thing. (This is not a Heather ad.) I read this article Heather wrote about her training and work for No Barriers - she's getting ready to do her big hike and she talks here about what she's getting from this work.

It just reminds me that there is such a good show to be made - real women facing real challenges, or doing real things. We saw it with Carole and Dorinda last week. We saw it with Kristen, just a hint of it, as she tiptoed into charity. And while we didn't see it with Heather on the show, we see what she's doing (and know she filmed it).

Bravo, are you listening? If you can't stand to give up Housewives, couldn't you do THAT show also? I don't care what you call it. I don't even care who it stars. (Please star Carole and Heather.) But I think people are hungry for real stories about real women. I know I am. (Funny, too, yes! You can be funny! In fact, it's better if you are. And yes, you need conflict. Conflict is healthy, in life and in narratives; conflict forces change and propels action. I just hate the toxic, cruel, nastiness that seems to underlie this franchise lately.)

I agree with some of this. The thing is, it doesn't have to be the same HWs (for lack of a better term) each season. The show should switch it up and add new HWs, bring back old HWs -- doesn't matter if they had a great season -- they don't and probably shouldn't be brought back on for back to back seasons for the run of the show. And yet, they could be brought back for more than 1 season if they prove to have an interesting and authentic lifestyle portrayed on the show, but I'd like a one or two season hiatus from some of them so I can miss them. The show would be so much better with a much smaller cast of HWs, 8 HWs is at least 3 or 4 too many! And I quite like deeply flawed people, as long as they're not nasty and cruel, mixed in with those who are more alrtuistic and self aware, so I wouldn't eliminate that type of HW. If the show can be done without a lot of producer driven nonsense, I'd be all for it. But this is BRAVO and Andy Cohen, so there's not a snowballs chance in hell of this happening.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does any one know when the season finale episode is coming? 

Wow, this season was really Ramona's to win, sort of speak. "Winning"... meaning, garnering viewer support, respect, even adoration. She just had to show the slightest personal growth in her character. The awful public way in which Mario humiliated and hurt Ramona (and the lovely Avery) by flaunting his torrid little affair was such a given to bring Ramona some viewer empathy. And we thought Ramona almost showed some personal evolvement in one of the opening episodes when she gave what seemed to be a sincere apology (not an I am sorry if you were offended), to LuAnn, regarding R's past judgment and slights against LuAnn during the course of her separation and divorce from the Count - thus minimizing her personal and private pain. 

But no. Ramona thought that just upping her physical appearance gave her game and currency and respect. But alas it was not enough. I am really sorry for what Mario pulled; and I wanted to cheer for her, I really did. But she doesn't quite warrant it...yet. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 15

I really enjoyed this episode much more than I thought I would. Watching Carole and Doris interacting in London seemed very authentic and touching. More of this, please.

Maybe it's because I haven't been to London, but I was trying to figure out what Dorinda meant by London being a much more gentle lifestyle, to which Carole agreed. Did she mean a more genteel lifestyle? I know New York is frenetic and bustling, and maybe she's comparing it to New York, meaning London being the "New York" of England, it's a more gentle lifestyle??

Anyway, it seemed an interesting and thoughtful way of describing her feeling about being back. It made me want to see for myself. I'd love to visit London.

Ha I was wondering the exact same thing!  Like.... did she mean gentle or genteel? I feel like the latter makes more sense.

P.S. Your avatar is everything!

• Love 1