Type keyword(s) to search

S14: Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

• Start Topic

The Project Runway show is on the New York Fashion Week schedule for first thing this Friday morning.  (Friday, September 11, 9:45 am @ the Arc, Skylight at Moynihan Station). Does anyone know when solid spoilers from this usually start to come out?  Is anyone going?

I've had a shit week and forgot all about NYFW til a few minutes ago...

Looking over the pictures at Getty Images, I see plus size models so we know that Ashley has a collection, and Swapnil.  Swapnil's is pretty obvious, and it's full on whickety whack, but I'm loving it, beautiful use of silver and mint green.    

ETA - There are a couple of ill fitting collections there. Someone needs to remind them this is a fashion show for clothing, not a requiem for a mammogram.

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 3

Looking over the pictures at Getty Images, I see plus size models so we know that Ashley has a collection, and Swapnil.  Swapnil's is pretty obvious, and it's full on whickety whack, but I'm loving it, beautiful use of silver and mint green.    

ETA - There are a couple of ill fitting collections there. Someone needs to remind them this is a fashion show for clothing, not a requiem for a mammogram.

It seems this was an anonymous show and that 6 designers presented collections. The presence of a fanny pack may indicate that Kelly showed today, and I think Merline could be responsible for the hats. 

So if the pictures and speculation are to be believed, we've got Swapnil, Ashley, Kelly and Merline. Guesses for the other two? I think Edmond is a given, Candace for the sixth?

I found some random pictures, but not specifically of runway shows, so I'll let someone else help out with a link. Looks like Heidi brings short, tight and shiny to a new level and Amanda and Char show that designers may know how to dress their models, but that definitely does not necessarily translate to themselves.

Edited by mansonlamps
  • Love 1

Wow. Alyssa Milano looks attractive and appropriate.

It's hard to choose a winner before seeing the collections move, but I think Swapnil is a contender. I really like the vibe of Kelly's (?) show as well. 

Love that Ashley stayed true to herself and chose full figured models. It was a smart decision, too, because she's bound to get a lot of attention for it. 

Edited by ThatsDarling
  • Love 1

I have to assume Edmond did the monochromatic, draped, ruffly dresses.  There is only one garment that looks to me completely unlike anything else in any of the photos: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/model-walks-the-runway-at-the-project-runway-fashion-show-news-photo/487742532.

Also, Candice's collection appeals to my metal chick aesthetic so hard it's not even funny. She can just go ahead and send me this entire outfit right now: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/model-walks-the-runway-at-the-project-runway-fashion-show-news-photo/487742520.

Edited by Nutjob

Love that Ashley stayed true to herself and chose full figured models. It was a smart decision, too, because she's bound to get a lot of attention for it.

Yes but too bad her collection is hideous, and what is with the flower pots on her models' heads?

• Love 5

But she looks pretty cute with Zac Posen...they are pretty coordinated, almost like a brother and sister act.

Yeah, I thought she looked good. Heidi and Nina looked good, I guess, but they looked an awful lot like they spent the evening before on the phone coordinating their outfits.

This picture is horrifying.  I've never seen a model this starved.  Look at her right elbow.  And then she has huge implants - typically runway models are almost flat chested.  It's the fourteenth picture down, black model with red pants.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/from-model-heidi-klum-journalist-nina-garcia-designe-zac-news-photo/487746178

Agree that the model is scary skinny, I don't know how they manage to function when they are that starved. I personally feel lightheaded and like I'm going to pass out when I get too hungry.

• Love 2

So three in the final, and maybe three decoys...does that sound about right?

Have to say I've looked them over, underwhelmed with Merline's.  It's just about all the same, other than color choices - it's so boring.     

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 3

Some of Ashley's collection was cute and fun, and some of it was straight out of my nightmares...the ones where I, an undeniably overweight grandmother, am forced into the streets with nothing but the contents of my craft room and my underwear. Wrap around some tulle, some crazy loud fabrics, and throw a couple of bouquets on my head in the hopes of distracting anyone from looking below the neck!

I loved the flowing fabrics in Swapnil's collection, and I love the hard & soft mix with chiffon a and leather jackets, but I think there is a bit of wickety wack in there for sure. Maybe a few too many ideas, and I think it may be a nod to his culture, but there seems to be a tendency to over accessorize. Still, I liked it.

I could see Kelly all over her collection! I can't help liking her, but I don't like her style. Still glad she got to show, even if it winds up being a decoy collection.

Merline's really is pretty basic with a bunch of hats.

• Love 4

I don't like any of the clothes. Makes me nostalgic for "Project Runway"s of days gone by. Thinking about Kara Saun, Laura Bennett, LeAnn Marshall and yes, even Mondo. He turned into a little shit, but I've watched every show of every season and his final collection is my total favorite.

• Love 4

I really hope she makes it to the end.

I think it would be amazing and awesome if she actually won.  She's never put on airs and she knows that her looks are never going to be mistaken for Balenciaga or Chanel.  But dammit, the girl is having fun and you know her stuff could be commercially produced at a fairly low price point.  The club gals would go nuts and she could rake in some serious money. 

She's so different from anybody else, that makes me root for her all the more.  

• Love 4

The collection with all the curved hems and the hats has to be Merline.  Her show is basically all the things she's done during the challenges.  I like the architectural lines, but they all looked too similar and all of the shapes were the same.  She did well though, for not having a background in fashion.  I just think at this point, she's the least objectionable and they can't hate her for anything or fault her attitude and work ethic.  

Basically, she's in the finale due to apathy.  And it's kind of sad.  

What a horrible episode. What a horrible, lackluster season.  I was hanging on by a thread....hopeful to see Swapnil turn it around.

Now that that is not a reality, I kinda just don't care.  I'll continue to watch - mostly as a means of supporting Edmond...the only left who I am interested in. 

• Love 1

I'm with you on most of this.

Swapnil

Kelly

HUGE GAP

Ashley & Edmond

Merline & Candace

Not feeling the flowerpots on Ashley's girls combined with some scary clothes, nor the bibs on Merline's, being eaten alive by ruffles on Edmond's nor Tabatha Coffey's collection at all.

This is no big surprise but Blogging Project Runway has revealed the second decoy collection:  http://allprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2015/09/collection-two-spring-2016.html which is, of course, Merline's.

Interestingly, the first two shown were also the first two out... maybe they were actually shown in order of elimination? If so, that would mean Edmond is next out... before Ashley... which would be insanity. But who knows...

1) Swapnil

2) Merline

3) Edmond

4) Ashley

5) Kelly

6) Candice

Interestingly, the first two shown were also the first two out... maybe they were actually shown in order of elimination? If so, that would mean Edmond is next out... before Ashley... which would be insanity. But who knows...

1) Swapnil

2) Merline

3) Edmond

4) Ashley

5) Kelly

6) Candice

That would be insanity for sure, but as some have pointed out here the show has shown a definite soft spot for Ashley all season. I thought she showed some promise in the first couple of episodes, but her weakness in design diversity and possibly taste came through loud and clear rather early on.

• Love 1

I am all for pretty clothes for plus size gals. But I will never support crop tops and midriff cutouts for REAL "real" women, who have rolls. And stretch marks. I can't imagine wearing a crop top and being so uncomfortably aware all day that one wrong move and one of my rolls will come bulging right out. Looking at Ashley's collection, with its cutouts, crop tops and sheer panels, I have to wonder how much of it she would actually wear herself.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5

I am all for pretty clothes for plus size gals. But I will never support crop tops and midriff cutouts for REAL "real" women, who have rolls. And stretch marks. I can't imagine wearing a crop top and being so uncomfortably aware all day that one wrong move and one of my rolls will come bulging right out. Looking at Ashley's collection, with its cutouts, crop tops and sheer panels, I have to wonder how much of it she would actually wear herself.

I agree.  

The way she dresses herself is not attractive either and I think that she is just too big to look good in almost anything.  I know I am opening myself up to being blasted here.  It is a shame but true.  Plus sized models are usually size 12 to 14.  Ashley is beyond that. 

Plus sized models are also, perfectly proportioned which allows for more flexibility in design.  Anyone who is thick in the middle cannot wear clothes with waste lines.  

I bet Swapil could design beautifully draped caftan style clothes and flowing duster style coats to go over slimmer pants and tops.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
The way she dresses herself is not attractive either and I think that she is just too big to look good in almost anything.  I know I am opening myself up to being blasted here.  It is a shame but true.  Plus sized models are usually size 12 to 14.  Ashley is beyond that. 

Plus sized models are also, perfectly proportioned which allows for more flexibility in design.  Anyone who is thick in the middle cannot wear clothes with waste lines.  

I bet Swapil could design beautifully draped caftan style clothes and flowing duster style coats to go over slimmer pants and tops.  

Yep. There is a huge difference between plus size hourglasses, pears, and apples.

"Plus" is not a body shape; it is a body size. I'm not sure Ashley has figured that out yet; she seems to think designing for plus size means designing for a single "type", as though Plus size means a specific silhouette.

All of her models appear to me to be hourglasses and pears. Neither shape is thickest in the middle. In fact, pears give the illusion that they are thinner than they are if you just hide the hips.

Personally, I just don't see Swapnil designing for someone built like Ashley. Maybe he could, but I'm not sure he would.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 6

Personally, I just don't see Swapnil designing for someone built like Ashley. Maybe he could, but I'm not sure he would.

Oh I agree, he would never.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Merline's collection: oh my soul.

And I love her personality, her crazy unawareness that someone may or may not like her, her insistence that yes, people are dying in Africa, so what the judges think in the grand scheme of things is just not that important (one of my favourite things anyone said ever on PR), and her insistence on calling Tim Gunn Timgunn.

But some of the hats didn't even appear to "go" with some of the outfits, and although I think she has some good and interesting ideas, nearly every piece in that mini collection looked the same. Still, I'm glad she at least got to show at FW, and I'm super UBER thrilled she made it so much farther than Joseph.

• Love 4

Although Edmond is pretty much guaranteed to get the save, I won't be upset if he doesn't. I think half his collection is ugly and the other half is boring. Candice's is very hit-or-miss but mostly miss. The only look of Ashley's that I like is the last one, and even then I hate the flowers.

Kelly is looking like the very, very clear winner to me. Of course, that's what I said about Alexandria and Fabio. 

Correct me if I simply missed it (strong possibility). But was Aube shut out of walking in Ashley's show? Or is she walking for someone else - or better yet, out on a real FW job with a REAL designer?

I would assume that Aube didn't walk for Ashley because all of her models were plus sized.

• Love 1