Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Don't Be All, Like, Uncool

• Start Topic

(edited)

I just watched the show.   I don't know if Heather was assaulted or not.  I do think she was startled by the naked man in the bed, right next to their room.  She immediately asked Carole if she checked her valuables, her watch, her wallet.  I think Heather was more concerned about theft than sexual assault.  Heather reacted the way she did because she didn't expect this group of women to act that way, so irresponsible; she commented that you act that way when you're nineteen.    I think Heather was shocked.  

So Bethenny told Kristen not to talk about her in the press?  Dear Beth, some day, hopefully really soon, NOBODY will talk about you in the press because nobody will give a shit, you'll be totally anonymous.  If she didn't want people to talk about her, then why come on this show?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 20
(edited)

Someone wrote in and asked, "Luann is like Epcot's World Showcase.  She's had a Frenchman, an Italian and now a Scotsman.  Does she only do it with Euros?"

Carole:  "Ohhh.  Maybe..."

Heather, cutting Carole off:  "Not really. Heh heh heh."  Bares toofuses.

Carole:  "She pretty much does it with anyone."  Looks to Heather for approval.

Heather rewards her minion by nodding and showing twenty more teeth than usual. 

As far as taking the high road approach, it doesn't prove anything. People who take the high road in an argument, generally aren't the type that need to prove anything to anybody.  If someone is taking the high road, they don't expect a medal.  They do so because it's natural to them.  They're just above.

Just because someone doesn't get down 'n' dirty with the pigs doesn't mean they're taking it up the bum like Sonja with the pirate.  (Thanks, Carole.)  It just means they are more fluent in the art of war.  Graceful.  Not willing to tarnish their own reps by sinking to the level of their enemy. 

On point one, thank you for the recap. I don't even know if I'd classify that as "slut shaming," though. LuAnn has made it abundantly clear that she loves her a man. When they were on the yacht, she was the one who quipped about seeing the line-up of Turks & Caicos premiers or friends of premiers or whatever it was that she was quick to say "Hey, hey, hey! Let's wait 'til we see these men" about.

It strike me as curious, though, that at the beginning of the season--and well throughout--some folks were real eager to joke about Carole's man and who she dates and yada yada yada. Like, up in arms that she'd dare pursue a 28 year old (at her age...GASP!). Now, those same folks have whipped the capes out for LuAnn and who she chooses to sleep with (and nary a quip about the young guy who Bethenny mentioned in passing or the married dude).

On point two--I do think it's often (particularly in the case of HWs) about the outward appearance of "taking the high road." 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

I forgot to mention one of my favourite moments from poor Manny's jeans party. Sonja is talking about the feather doodads not sticking to the jeans. The way she says "Little glue doesn't work. Lot of glue, better", cracked me up! She sounds like a child doing a craft project, which I guess was her point.

• Love 6

I think I'd fall over in shock if any of the Housewives took the high road. 

I racked my brain really hard to think of one.  I think it takes a certain type of person/fame seeker to be hired as a HW.  The personality traits that are inherent in that type of person likely don't include the ability to take the high road.

• Love 4
(edited)

Heather is the one who expresses disassociative behavior? Heather? Wow. Well, Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny, and Dorinda are on a sound mental platform, I guess. Just wow.

And LuAnne has certainly never broached divulging others' private information or participated in dirty deeds nor engorged Twitter with insulting diatribes. And, on WWH, she most assuredly did not WRITE AND PERFORM A SONG castigating Heather et al. prior to Heather's appearance.

Damn that Heather! She is going to cause the "End Times".

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 11

Someone wrote in and asked, "Luann is like Epcot's World Showcase.  She's had a Frenchman, an Italian and now a Scotsman.  Does she only do it with Euros?"

Carole:  "Ohhh.  Maybe..."

Heather, cutting Carole off:  "Not really. Heh heh heh."  Bares toofuses.

Carole:  "She pretty much does it with anyone."  Looks to Heather for approval.

Heather rewards her minion by nodding and showing twenty more teeth than usual. 

As far as taking the high road approach, it doesn't prove anything. People who take the high road in an argument, generally aren't the type that need to prove anything to anybody.  If someone is taking the high road, they don't expect a medal.  They do so because it's natural to them.  They're just above.

Just because someone doesn't get down 'n' dirty with the pigs doesn't mean they're taking it up the bum like Sonja with the pirate.  (Thanks, Carole.)  It just means they are more fluent in the art of war.  Graceful.  Not willing to tarnish their own reps by sinking to the level of their enemy. 

Here's the thing though.  This means Bravo set the slut-shaming up and thus by watching the show at all, we're slut shaming. 

• Love 3

When these ladies went to Morocco, I recall Sonja hovering over her luggage and explaining that people steal luggage if you don't watch them.  She was very, very concerned about this.

And wasn't Ramona sporting a fanny pack on one of their trips so she could hold on to her valuables in the market?

I remember that too. 

Heather brought up on an interview today that someone stealing possessions and/or taking photos of them sleeping that could be posted on the Internet before they woke up was a concern.

• Love 8

I agree.  Sounds like Bethenny territory but LOOKED like Brandi territory.  The way Heather was corralling Dorinda with her arm to keep Ramona away?  Shades of Brandi, Kim and Kyle on poker night.  Ah, good times, good times. 

I thought the same thing.  

Ramona & Dorinda have been close friends for a long time, long before Dorinda hopped on board this show.  So it's perfectly understandable that Ramona would want to give Dorinda a hug or a word of encouragement.  Not to mention it's totally harmless.  But Heather wasn't having it.  I'm so done with her headstrong bulldozing in every situation.  Her holier-than-thou judgmental attitude has turned her from one of my favorites into someone I can barely watch.  It's her way or the highway, and she has no tolerance at all for anyone else's point of view, so strong is her focus on what SHE thinks is best.  I've never seen anyone with such an incessant need to constantly be taking over.

They may all act like kindergarten children from time to time, but she's not their teacher.  She's not superior to them, and no one put her in charge.  Keeping Ramona from Dorinda was a power play.  So ridiculous.  And yes, keeping a friend away from a friend is very similar to what Brandi did when she kept a sister away from a sister.

• Love 10

Heather saying, "I guess Luanne and I have different values and morals" is the epitome of slut shaming. Equating a grown woman's sexual behavior with values and morals does not fly. Period. There were many more examples that I have recounted in earlier posts and am too lazy to find them again, but the intent to shame was pretty obvious IMO.

A woman of Heather's status, yeah- it would be a huge liability (and PR nightmare) for her to get assaulted on Bravo's time.

I guess its all irrelevant since Heather has left the show now.

I'm not convinced that Heather will actually quit the show. She gets a lot of free publicity for her products on the show that she'd have to pay a lot of money for if she wasn't on RHNY

• Love 3

That Dorinda, Sonja, Ramonja can all behave with no small degree of instability and Heather can too are not mutually exclusive propositions. Yes, in this specific context, Heather escalated into increasingly grandiose revisions of what actually transpired: first the man was asleep in a separate room; then he was in the same room; then, finally, he was "in her bed." That's disassocation from reality if she actually believes each account. Then there was the preoccupation with things that there was never any evidence to suggest occurred (the observation of them while they slept, the snapping of pictures, t theft of their jewelry . . . according to Heather herself, the man was unconscious and minding his own business in the bed in which Ro had placed him). This is not the first time Heather has totally retconned what occurred on camera (or, if you prefer, "it's all on fucking camera! You will all see the truth! YOU WILL ALL SEE THE TRUTH!" Tm Shannon Beador). Last season, her aggressive Hamptons tirade in which she literally chased after Amanda and Aviva somehow became Aviva "siccing her minion" on Heather.

• Love 9

I'm not convinced that Heather will actually quit the show. She gets a lot of free publicity for her products on the show that she'd have to pay a lot of money for if she wasn't on RHNY

I agree.  She actually was able to parlay her stint on HW into appearances on a few talk shows like Steve Harvey and she did at least one Bethenny show.  She has been on the NY Live show (NBC) a few times and was on today.  She didn't confirm the rumors of her departure today and said that the season's not over yet.  IMO she seems to know how to work the media to her advantage whereas she doesn't have control over a bad edit or deleted scenes.

On the other hand, possibly she is looking at the circus that is RHoNY and wondering if it is worth it at this point.  She is one of the few fortunate ones that can afford financially to walk away.

• Love 2
(edited)

Think I'll go to TJ Maxx tomorrow to see if I can find any SG products I can toast with to the future Mrs. Bethenny Stonestreet.

Scroll down here to see the pic of Bethenny & Satan Andy looking mighty, mighty, mighty chummy.  Co-inky-dink on how great an edit Bethenny is getting & how she always comes out looking just A-OK & everyone else looks like crap?  Sure, sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3162907/It-represents-peace-freedom-Bethenny-Frankel-love-new-T-J-Maxx-decorated-Hamptons-home.html

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Rewatched tonight. I freely admit I do not like Heather or Carole, and this did not make me change my mind. Jeez, LuAnn was pretty blameless in all this. Ramona, yeah, she did not behave well. She IS sort of like Teflon. But why pile on LuAnn? LuAnn did nothing wrong, in my opinion. But those other harpies, Heather and Carole! Carole especially is a hypocrite, she of the free love and so on hippie crap. And Heather is a prissy controlling bitch! I am sorry I bought a Yummie tank, but mostly because it hurt! (And I am not fat.)

• Love 8

Think I'll go to TJ Maxx tomorrow to see if I can find any SG products I can toast with to the future Mrs. Bethenny Stonestreet.

Scroll down here to see the pic of Bethenny & Satan Andy looking mighty, mighty, mighty chummy.  Co-inky-dink on how great an edit Bethenny is getting & how she always comes out looking just A-OK & everyone else looks like crap?  Sure, sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3162907/It-represents-peace-freedom-Bethenny-Frankel-love-new-T-J-Maxx-decorated-Hamptons-home.html

When did Andy get so grey?? Agree on their chumminess. Brynn is a very pretty little girl.

Rewatched tonight. I freely admit I do not like Heather or Carole, and this did not make me change my mind. Jeez, LuAnn was pretty blameless in all this. Ramona, yeah, she did not behave well. She IS sort of like Teflon. But why pile on LuAnn? LuAnn did nothing wrong, in my opinion. But those other harpies, Heather and Carole! Carole especially is a hypocrite, she of the free love and so on hippie crap. And Heather is a prissy controlling bitch! I am sorry I bought a Yummie tank, but mostly because it hurt! (And I am not fat.)

But why didn't Lu just say "hey, not me, go talk to Ramona?" Ramona just totally slipped through here.

Lu was better as a "friend of." I have watched from the beginning, and she always portrayed herself as so Classy, a Woman of Manners, putting others down. That is why I give her the side-eye now. I don't care who she sleeps with but I tire of her portraying herself as better than others. I still think she is the most beautiful of all the RHONY.

• Love 4

Ok, I initially misinterpreted this comment.  I thought - they zoomed in on the sheets?  That's disgusting!

Oh dear, I'm so sorry that I phrased it the way that I did - how dreadful! Seriously, so gross.

Ah man, you are seriously harshing my mellow. I loved this episode because it was funny. Now we got posts trying to outdo others based on their "values and morals". Not cool...

I'm with you dude.

• Love 4

Here is a story with a poll about Heather overreacting or not?  http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/14/rhony-heather-attacks-luann-ramona-naked-man-july-14-recap/  Two thirds of the voters said Heather did overreact.  A far cry from the First Looks thread where it was running about 10% in the Heather overreacting department.

It's pretty evenly split now but that doesn't mean much. This is a poll that allows multiple votes so obsessed people can vote repeatedly.

heather%20poll_zpsq47rzulr.jpg

• Love 2

Ah man, you are seriously harshing my mellow. I loved this episode because it was funny. Now we got posts trying to outdo others based on their "values and morals". Not cool...

Yeah but ain't nothin gonna bring me down. It. Was. Hysterical. 

It also helps that I was looking at recaps at other sites. The comments were really entertaining.

This really saved the season for me. Anytime Andy hypes something up I get worried because it's usually a letdown. But Luann and Sonja knocked it outta the park. I've never laughed so much from this show.

• Love 9

Heather has fan support.  I don't know how many more buyers she will get from YT continued exposure on the show.  Heather has done some amazing charitable things, she pushes herself physically, she has a company to run and two relatively small children I would think it would be a good time to walk away with her dignity intact.  This was not a good year for her and with two of Andy Cohen's favs on the show she is dispensable and I doubt the editing will get any friendlier.   She fought with everyone but Carole and Kristen and Kristen days are numbered.  I was always impressed she had time for theshow.

• Love 8

It also helps that I was looking at recaps at other sites. The comments were really entertaining.

Most of them are raking Heather over the coals. Consistently since last night.  If she reads forums, recaps and blogs and if she really IS leaving, I wonder if reading so much negativity aimed in her direction was a catalyst.

Dorinda is getting nailed pretty much across the boards, too.

Seems Sonja is golden, though. In her case, all she had to do for redemption this week was remain sober and not show us her underpants.  Lu, who should absolutely close her legs to married men was saved by her Cool/Uncool comment.  Kristen, even though she dropped the dime on the married guy, is still not commented on often.  Not here or anywhere.

• Love 4

But my take wasn't that Heather was worried that someone was jacking off over her in her sleep.

I only mentioned this because Heather actually said it.  It's quick and she was cut off by other noise, but I did hear her say it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Andy's hair looks like that because he is in direct sunlight on a sunny day, I think.  Plus the lighting on WWHL is majorly fucked up to hide the lines on his and the housewives faces.  I'd try the Skinnygirl salad dressings or the salt/lime popcorn snacks if I ever saw them in reality and not on the show.

I believe Heather is probably unhappy about the edit she is getting this season, I think she is coming off awful.  Her business is just harder to work into the show probably than Bethanny's alcohol.  Jennifer Garner would play Heather in the movie version since she's so good at the wet blanket type.

I'm glad I don't live in a world where I assume every stranger is a serial killer, rapist, jewel thief, jerk off enthusiast, or into taking pics of me sleeping.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

When did Andy get so grey?? Agree on their chumminess. Brynn is a very pretty little girl.

But why didn't Lu just say "hey, not me, go talk to Ramona?" Ramona just totally slipped through here.

She basically did and Carole and Heather responded with "Okay" and walked out of her bedroom. When they were in the kitchen afterwards (but before LuAnn came down), Heather was complaining about Ramona and only Ramona. It's when LuAnn came down and told her to stop being uncool that the whole thing started up with LuAnn again. They weren't complaining about her having a man in her room - once she said she sent her man on his merry way, Heather pulled back.

The only time LuAnn's guy was the focus was when Kristen said that he was married. After that, when everything looked like it cooled down a bit (no yelling), Heather was still focused on the sleeping naked dude while talking with LuAnn in the bedroom. I think that if LuAnn had left it at the conversation they had while she was still in bed and hadn't basically belittled Heather's concerns, then the bull's-eye would have solely been on Ramona.

• Love 15

So we've heard here repeatedly about Heather saying there was a man in her bed but in the same conversation Lu says to Heather  ' you bust down my down my door'.  Just sayin....  Why isn't the countess getting heat for that?

The house manager did not say it was ok for the naked man to sleep in the room.  The house manager told Kristen (I think) that  Romona gave the guy permission to sleep in the room. 

As for Heather having time to gather her thoughts and calm down about the situation.  What is the time that is sufficient for Heather to calm down?  I can speak from my own experience that sometimes you get kind of shocked from something.  You get upset.  You calm down that everything 'is' ok but you're still upset and then you start thinking all the things that might have happened and how dangerous a situation might have been.  And you get even more upset.  Add to that, when you're going through this, you ask someone a question who can't answer a simple question because they don't have their contacts in (hmm, I'll have to remember that excuse) and then someone tells you that they don't know anything and punts to another person.  Sorry, but there's a lot emotion going on and Heather is just as tired as everyone else (add to that the Dorinda nonsense from the night before and then being awakened by the party going on at 3 am).  You go to the next person who claims ignorance about the situation.  I would be damn frustrated at this point.  Lu finally comes out and dismisses you and your feelings.  Heather is not a crier - but I sure get the WTF emotion she was going through - been there, done that.  I personally get it. 

Remember from Kris's first blog of the season:

Bethenny mentions that she is immune to anything negative said about her in the press and that she doesn’t care... NOTED. Peeps, please remember this for later… can’t say anything more than that, but REMEMBER IT!

Yep Kris, apparently not. 

• Love 16
(edited)

When these ladies went to Morocco, I recall Sonja hovering over her luggage and explaining that people steal luggage if you don't watch them.  She was very, very concerned about this.

And wasn't Ramona sporting a fanny pack on one of their trips so she could hold on to her valuables in the market?

So basically, they give random dudes more access to their pocketbooks than their purses. *snerk*

"I just met you, we had a couple of drinks, I don't know anything about you except your first name (maybe). I'm going to go into this bathroom, watch my purse?" Yeah, right. Never happen.

"I just met you, we had a couple of drinks, I don't know anything about you except your first name (maybe). I'm going to go home; wanna go with me?" Whelp ... 

I have had bad, BAD shit happen in another country. And when it does, you can't get no satisfaction, legally. These "cool" people are stupid asses and yes, I judge the shit out of them for their behavior. At 19 you're learning. 30 years later you should know better than to be Looking for Mr. Goodbar.

The TRULY bad thing to come of all of this is the Countess riding the "cool/uncool" phrase into that horrible song. She's convinced she's an actual singer now, not just a Housewife who made a record. And now I'm reminded of Ramona goading her about singing last year. Ha! Ramona fucks Luanne over six ways from Sunday constantly, but escapes unscathed, always. No songs castigating HER.

RedHeadedZombie - here's your Amen and your Hallelujah, too.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 21

Here's the thing. Yeah, LuAnn can be a hypocrite. Dorinda can be condescending and snobby. Ramona can be a social player. However, Heather is ALWAYS preachy and indignant and "nurturing." Always. Whenever two people are having a conversation, she ALWAYS butts in and adds her two cents in a preachy type way and tries to solve the problem. She makes everything about her. Always. So yes, Dorinda was a nut in the rice scene. But for the most part, she has portrayed herself as pretty normal and focused on her own issues. Heather however has something to say, in her matter-of-fact this is the word type of way about everyone all the time. It's just too much. The only reason she has received so much camera time is because she has thrown herself in front of the cameras for camera time. Now she doesn't like how she is portrayed or edited. Please. You beg for the camera time then cry when you get it. Decide what you want. You realize you are playing with the devil on a bravo show, right?

Bursting into anyone's room who is an adult and screaming at them demanding answers is not okay. Ever. Heather was not harmed. She was not stolen from. She was looking to shame hardcore.

• Love 11
(edited)
That Dorinda, Sonja, Ramonja can all behave with no small degree of instability and Heather can too are not mutually exclusive propositions. Yes, in this specific context, Heather escalated into increasingly grandiose revisions of what actually transpired: first the man was asleep in a separate room; then he was in the same room; then, finally, he was "in her bed." That's disassocation from reality if she actually believes each account. Then there was the preoccupation with things that there was never any evidence to suggest occurred (the observation of them while they slept, the snapping of pictures, t theft of their jewelry . . . according to Heather herself, the man was unconscious and minding his own business in the bed in which Ro had placed him). This is not the first time Heather has totally retconned what occurred on camera  (or, if you prefer, "it's all on fucking camera! You will all see the truth! YOU WILL ALL SEE THE TRUTH!" Tm Shannon Beador). Last season, her aggressive Hamptons tirade in which she literally chased after Amanda and Aviva somehow became Aviva "siccing her minion" on Heather.

I just watched her do it again. At the Bedazzle party, she and Lu are arguing about T&C and Heather says, "You and Ramona came back to the house with a bunch of guys...." and Countess corrects her and says, "No bunch of guys. Two".  

Naked guy probably wasn't even naked.  He probably took his shirt off and had the sheet pulled up to his armpits.  Heather saw bare shoulders and suddenly he's nude.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

It was Ramona who left the guy in the bed in Bethenny's room, next to Heather and Carole's room. It was Ramona's guy who was left to his own devices for a period of time. That's nothing to do with Lu. At all. And yet it was Lu who Carole and Heather went after. Sure it's probably not cool to bring a guy back regardless, but Lu's guy left the premises hours earlier from all accounts. Somehow it became all Lu's fault that there was a guy in the room next to theirs.

At this point Heather and Carole were mislead by Ramona.  That's the only reason they went to confront LuAnn.  Once LuAnn came to the kitchen, she really didn't clear that up, she just lit into Heather for being so upset and told her to "be cool; don't be all, uncool".  At that point Heather took issue with LuAnn  making light of Heather's right to be upset.  LuAnn misunderstood what Heather was upset about.  She thought they were upset at the mere fact that she and Ramona brought back one night stands when actually Heather was just upset about the guy being left naked in their suite.  It wasn't until more discussions that Heather and Carole found out that it was actually Ramona's naked guest in their suite.  By that time, Heather and LuAnn's back and forth had already escalated.

• Love 11

I just watched her do it again. At the Bedazzle party, she and Lu are arguing about T&C and Heather says, "You and Ramona came back to the house with a bunch of guys...." and Countess corrects her and says, "No bunch of guys. Two".  

Naked guy probably wasn't even naked.  He probably took his shirt off and had the sheet pulled up to his armpits.  Heather saw bare shoulders and suddenly he's nude.

I don't know if Heather said 'bunch' or not but is Heather supposed to discern at 3am different male voices?  I don't remember anyone questioning about the guy's nakedness?  Bottom line is that it wasn't about the guy being 'naked'.  It was about the guy being there.  But hey, I don't remember Heather busting down Lu's door either according to Lu.

• Love 9
(edited)

That likely is all that happened. But the point, for me, is what COULD have happened. They did not know these men from Adam. They had ostensibly just met them and I do not think it's wise or safe to let a virtual stranger have free range of a home being shared by several people without getting their consent. Thankfully it appears nothing happened. 

I understand what you're saying.  But I was responding to someone who said she thought it was suspicious that the guy was naked, and she thought he most  likely had jerked off while watching Heather & Carol sleep.  Not that he might have - that he actually had.  My point was that it was a huge leap to jump to that conclusion.  

My response was simply that lots of men sleep naked, and I thought it was far more likely that he probably just got into that bed (after having sex with Ramona or not) and went to sleep.  Of course lots of things could have happened.  And they could have happened even if he had stayed in Ramona's room.  Or even if hadn't stayed over at all.  But the post I was responding to wasn't about "what ifs".  It was about something she was pretty sure had actually happened, and IMO there was no reason to think that it had.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 3

I'm doing the thing I hate and commenting on an episode I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but...eh long week. So I'm confused on a few points

A. Did Heather actually say she felt threatened or was she just pissed about the situation in general.

B. If Heather did feel threatened, did anyone actually do anything to make her feel that way?

I'm not actually trying to discount Heather's feeling. I think she has the right to be upset and point out that letting people you just met sleep over is stupid and inconsiderate and possible dangerous. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable saying it doesn't matter if nothing happened, it's enough something could have happened...because it sounds like nothing happened and this guy didn't even talk to Heather. So while it is a reasonably stupid situation to find yourself in (and it is true that something bad could have gone down), it also doesn't sound like anyone behaved badly within the stupid matrix that has been set up for this event. This guy feel asleep in an empty bedroom and really didn't actually do anything to try and make anyone feel unsafe. This may not make sense. If someone more articulate wants to try and make my point, go ahead.

• Love 6

I don't know if Heather said 'bunch' or not but is Heather supposed to discern at 3am different male voices?  I don't remember anyone questioning about the guy's nakedness? .

She definitely said a bunch of guys.  By the time she said it, they'd been home several days from T&C.  Heather knew by then, that it was only 2 guys.  But because she likes to bring the drama, she threw out the word "bunch" hoping it would stick, imo.

And because she's done this before, that's why I question whether the guy was laying on top of the sheets, bare assed naked as she would like us to believe, OR if she saw his bare foot sticking out from under the covers and cried naked wolf.

• Love 7

Others have brought up Morocco. I wonder why Ramona and Sonja were so paranoid about their stuff then, but blasé now. Was it because the culture and language are so different in Morocco? Is it because they were newer to the Housewives gig? Or was it because the men Ramona and LuAnn brought home were white?

To be fair, in Morocco, you really should be paranoid about your stuff. My mother and my grandmother who are (were, rip grandma) maroccans when in Morocco kept their belongings real close. My grandma would go to the markets and souks with her wallet in her bra. She never had a handbag there. To her, handbags are an invitation to pickpockets. Also, when getting off the bus which took us from the seaport to the town where my Grandma lived, my mom would make sure nobody would take out our bags from the bus because at the bus stop, there is people here to help you travel lighter if I can put it that way!

So I don't know if it was at the time a race motivated precaution from Sonja and Ramona but it's not an infounded assumption that somebody will take your shit. With that said, I doubt that in luxurious hotels or accomodations it could be a concern but I don't know for sure because I travel with the masses!

• Love 1

She definitely said a bunch of guys.  By the time she said it, they'd been home several days from T&C.  Heather knew by then, that it was only 2 guys.  But because she likes to bring the drama, she threw out the word "bunch" hoping it would stick, imo.

And because she's done this before, that's why I question whether the guy was laying on top of the sheets, bare assed naked as she would like us to believe, OR if she saw his bare foot sticking out from under the covers and cried naked wolf.

And according to Lu, Heather busted down her door after the fact...  I think it minutia.  Heather had no reason to embellish the story when it happen.  When has she done this before?

• Love 2
(edited)
With that said, I doubt that in luxurious hotels or accomodations it could be a concern but I don't know for sure because I travel with the masses!

Well, first off, they were in a house & it looked off the beaten track to me.  But even if it wasn't, do we know what (if any) security there was or if local police is helpful or inept?  I worked in the DA's office here in Manhattan many years ago & I dealt with so many cases of theft & rape/attempted rape & assault in the hotels here, it drilled into my head to always be cautious when traveling.  It's a personal choice.  If you don't think it's a big deal & are OK with gambling with your safety & well-being, then so be it.  But to drag others traveling with you into dangerous risks, you may be OK with taking, is extremely thoughtless.

Is staying in a resort safer than some house in the middle of nowhere?  I would think so.  But stuff happens in the fanciest hotels too.  Hey, bring a stranger back to your 5 thou a nite suite wherever & he/she could still kill you or rob you blind.  Lu is lucky she hasn't met a similar fate to the gal in Looking for Mr. Goodbar.  And sure, you can write this off as ridiculous & let it give you chortles, chuckles & giggles, but I've lost count at all the stories of gay men who were killed by people they met on Craigslist or something similar.

Dorinda is playing down the risks of this kinda behavior with more idiotic tweets.  Well, at least she somewhat calmed down on the zillions of tweets, but her tweets are so inane & dumb.  Leads me to believe Miss Eyebrows is writing them for her cuz they sound very immature.  But Carole is sounding like an idiot on her Twitter too, altho she says Bravo is editing her cuz everything she says is too intelligent.  Guess Satan Andy clearly does not have her back.  Like I said, the only one he cares about is his million dollar palsy-walsy Bethenny.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

I don't think Heather was threatened. I think she was pissed because she didn't think the guy should be there. How threatening is the sleeping man to her? Does she think he is going to hear her in the room, rise from slumber, and nakedly attack her? He isn't a zombie.

I think it's cool that LuAnn is comfortable with herself and her sexuality to enjoy the company of men. Heather was not in danger, nothing happened to her, nothing was stolen, and the naked guy was fast asleep. If anyone was going to be robbed and raped it would have happened already. It's not like the guy is going to party, fuck Ramona (or LuAnn) go to sleep, then wake up and fighting a nasty hangover look for some strange woman to rape. Let's be real about this. In the morning after everything is over, nothing is going to happen. Heather is upset because of something that DIDN'T happen, and because something happened that she was not in control of. 

I love LuAnn. If she wants to fuck some hot guys and have fun, I say go for it. Enjoy your life. 

• Love 7

I am going to guess that production filmed the partying in the club and at the house but the Scots refused to sign a release. Shows only blur out faces of incidental people who make a stink about appearing on camera, not the faces of people who become a part of the storyline. If the guys were tourists, that is an expensive resort area and Bravo would likely take any threats to sue seriously. Sooo...there may have been a lot of tension if Bravo was pressuring them to sign releases given they had spent the evening filming. Maybe they tried to get releases at the club and when they refused, production didn't want them in the car because they could have at least filmed the drunken girls returning home. Either the Scots told them they would not sign because they were married or production assumed that was the reason. I think production was angry about losing an evening of filming so they told Kris the guy was married and wanted her to say that on film. In the end, they got plenty of drama without any earlier footage.

I also have to wonder if Ramona's guy was also married. Also what the wife or wives were doing. It would be a little odd for a married guy to vacation in T and C with another guy and not his wife. Whatever happened, unless there was some big Scottish convention, the wife will figure it out because how many Scotsmen could be vacationing there at any particular time?

I also remember someone mentioning that the guys were over forty. Surprisingly age-appropriate.

• Love 6
(edited)
also have to wonder if Ramona's guy was also married. Also what the wife or wives were doing. It would be a little odd for a married guy to vacation in T and C with another guy and not his wife. Whatever happened, unless there was some big Scottish convention, the wife will figure it out because how many Scotsmen could be vacationing there at any particular time?

Wasn't the only mention of them being Scottish on WWHL? That would mean the wife or wives would have to not only be fans of RHNYC but care enough to look online about who R and Lu banged and do enough research to figure out when the HW were in T&C. Also, lots of people from the UK do travel to the Caribbean and often travel in groups, so if some woman in Scotland (and who is to say he even lives in Scotland, he could just be Scottish) would have to do a fair amount of detective work and also assume her husband was prone to cheating. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

I'm usually pretty Ride or Die when it comes to Heather.  She won me over during her first season, and I'm not going to bail on her now even though I agree that she did overreact.  Of course, I don't need for my Bravo Housewives to be perfect - I prefer watching them being imperfect - as long as they are not giant, nasty assholes.  No matter what Heather's flaws may be, and it seems that what some people consider her flaws other people consider her strengths, I still think she seems like the kind of person I wouldn't mind knowing in real life.

Her reaction to the guy in the adjoining room reminded me of living with roommates in my 20's.  I would often spend the night at my boyfriend's apartment on weekends, and my roommates got accustomed to this, so one night when they let a bunch of people they made friends with in a bar continue the party at our place, they assumed I wouldn't be home that night and loaned out my room.  For whatever reason I did come home, but it was so late that everyone was asleep and I had no idea people who were strangers to me were there at all.  I opened my bedroom door, flipped on the light, and surprised the hell out of the couple that was having sex in my bed.  I quickly shut the door and decided to sleep on the sofa downstairs, but first went into my bathroom to brush my teeth, and my toothbrush was wet.  A STRANGER HAD USED MY TOOTHBRUSH, and that disgusted me even more than the people in my bed.  So while not the same situation, I can relate that it's unsettling, gross and infuriating when you realize someone who should know better has brought some random person into your space, among your things, in a way that feels personal and like a bit of a violation.  Some of those fuckers even ate my food, and I was on a Ramen Budget, so that really chapped me.  I would have never let someone do that to my roommates, no way.  So the idea of bringing a drunken stranger home and telling him to go sleep in a bed near my friends who have no idea he's there, and then passing out with no regard to what he might do or steal if he decided to roam the house...I'm with Heather on this one, no matter how poorly she handled addressing the issue.

Like others have said, this episode was so enjoyable to me.  I guffawed when Dorinda hot glued the poor host's coaster to the jeans, and again when someone supportively told her that it looked really good.  That's the kind of friendly support I like to see.  You just stuck a coaster to some pants?  Nicely done!  Very original!

• Love 14

I'm not really sure how many times I can say this to you guys before you get it.

There is a HUGE difference between posting your own opinion on these very polarizing ladies and wording your opinion in such a way that it chastises other posters and/or makes them feel attacked.

Example:

"Holy shit, Heather was acting like she had a one way ticket on the crazy train to Crazytown, population her."

vs

"Holy shit. Heather was acting crazy this last episode. I'm not sure why people here defend her when she is so blatantly acting crazy."

One states a strong opinion. The other states a less strong opinion, but almost reads as it chastises your fellow posters for having a different opinion. If you can't see the difference between the two, we're going to have a bit of a problem.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't even know why I remember this but it's called the Villa Bella. hmmp:

8c.jpg

http://www.vrbo.com/445559?CID=a_cj_3747368&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=3747368&utm_campaign=10859114_ic60y9lsjs0004m6001o9#

Features

Great room - 30 ft ceilings, fireplace, large chefs kitchen, 14 person dining table

4 Master suites - King size bed, stunning ocean views

3 Guest rooms - Queen bed / sofa beds and double beds

Kitchen - Miele stove, grill, fridge, large kitchen island

Fitness Room - equipped with spin bikes, dumbbells, barbells and weights

Infinity pool, outdoor BBQ, basketball hoop, 2 sea kayaks

Outdoor dining set and chaise loungers

High speed internet, Wii video game system

24 hour monitored security

Private beach with incredible coral reefs to explore

Property manager provides Concierge Service; bookings, reservations, deliveries

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I typically only read here but inquiring minds need to know-did Kristen go out the last night? I only remember Heather saying her and Carole went back. I am thinking she did not because she would have all the knowledge if she did and I am sure she would share it all.

• Love 2