Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Didn't he walk her down the aisle for the Franco wedding too?

Yes, but that doesn't count. I pretend like Carly almost marrying Serial Killer isn't a thing that really happened. Not that I'm a fan of Carly marrying Sonny, but still. At least he's not Serial Killer. 

• Love 2

Only on a technicality 

Who else has Sonny himself actually killed aside from that guy he twirled and shot a few months ago, and Carpuff?

Otherwise, yeah he is technically not a serial killer only because he paid a brain damaged to actually pull the triggers.

• Love 4

Ugh Lucas should loathe Carly, or at least associate her with Tony going mad and falling into disgrace. Oh, and Carly shot Tony, too.

Really, the whole damn town should hate Carly or at least treat her like a pariah. Carly has screwed over or just been mean to everyone- including her mother and children. What does someone have to do to be hated in PC? Oh right. Anger Jason/Sonny/Carly.Which is stupid af.

• Love 6

Yes, but that doesn't count. I pretend like Carly almost marrying Serial Killer isn't a thing that really happened. Not that I'm a fan of Carly marrying Sonny, but still. At least he's not Serial Killer.

Sonny most assuredly is a serial killer. Called a mob boss. I bet if you counted all the heads of both. Sonny would come out on top. I don't like Franco, or Sonny, but then I also hate Carly with the fire of a thousand suns. She came to town and started all this because she wasn't raised in a brothel ?The unholy three ran this show into the toilet, with the acting unholy three.
  • Love 12

Sonny most assuredly is a serial killer. Called a mob boss. I bet if you counted all the heads of both. Sonny would come out on top. I don't like Franco, or Sonny, but then I also hate Ca. y with the fire of a thousand suns. She came to town and started all this because she wasn't raised in a brothel ?The unholy three ran this show into the toilet, with the acting unholy three.

The thing is, the unholy trinity could have and actually did work for a few years, arguably 2002 -2005.  

But like all things it wasn't sustainable.  There's a reason iconic characters and iconic shows don't run forever aside from financial reasons.  Don Draper, Tony Soprano, Carrie Bradshaw, etc., all have limited shelf lives.  Sonny Corinthos "expired" at least ten years ago.  Yet here he is, still front and center, still never losing, still never paying for anything, still repeating the same tired stories over and over and over again.  

ETA: In late 2005, I think they actually had the peices in place to successfully transition the show.  That brain whatever Jason was suffering from should have either un-did the 1995 brain damage or created a third iteration, Carly could have come back briefly with either Tamara or Sarah in the role to tell Sonny that he was the sick one and that she was leaving town, and Sonny could have transitioned to an outright bad guy with Robin, Patrick, Liz, and Jason (back in med school) becoming the new core of the show.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

I think this "Is Morgan bipolar/aww poor Sonny is paralyzed " thing would be better with Silas. He already expressed disdain for Morgan, hated Sonny's job, had ties to Avery and Ava. It'd have made the whole thing more interesting imo and less one sided of "gosh darn it, we gotta get the bad guys!" Again from Corinthos etc. Especially when alleged bad guy is guilty of the same thing as Sonny, but now we have legacy characters ignoring that a mere supposed guest character who outstayed his welcome twenty years ago murdered or ruined yet another legacy character.

Or did Micheal Easton hurt Maurice and Steve's fragile egos when McBain was a more forefront character in 2012 and ratings were high? But I'm gonna sip my tea.

• Love 3

This won't be popular, but I can deal: I want a Scrubs reunion. Yes, I said it. Has Patrick been a stupid douche? Yes. Has he been written to forget Robin? Sure.

But, for me, I can hand wave it all because KMc wasn't on the show and RC was the King of All Douche Hacks. So he was hellbent on destroying Patrick because he couldn't make his pet Sobby fly.

I figure, having had to hand wave so much shit for years now, if one more wave can give me and the characters (but especially me!) some happiness? I'll go for it. Moments are all this show gives now, anyway.

Yes, it may fly in the face of bad treatment, but since it's all fiction, I'll wade in the shallow end of the pool and hope against hope that this is where Patrick's exit is going. Hey, I tried to forget the good days of this couple, but I'm also a self-admitted chemistry whore, and I thought KMc/JT had it in spades.

Not sound reasoning, but it works for me.

• Love 15

This won't be popular, but I can deal: I want a Scrubs reunion. Yes, I said it. Has Patrick been a stupid douche? Yes. Has he been written to forget Robin? Sure.

But, for me, I can hand wave it all because KMc wasn't on the show and RC was the King of All Douche Hacks. So he was hellbent on destroying Patrick because he couldn't make his pet Sobby fly.

I figure, having had to hand wave so much shit for years now, if one more wave can give me and the characters (but especially me!) some happiness? I'll go for it. Moments are all this show gives now, anyway.

Yes, it may fly in the face of bad treatment, but since it's all fiction, I'll wade in the shallow end of the pool and hope against hope that this is where Patrick's exit is going. Hey, I tried to forget the good days of this couple, but I'm also a self-admitted chemistry whore, and I thought KMc/JT had it in spades.

I'm already sitting at your table. I want it all handwaved and Robin and Patrick ride off into the sunset together.

• Love 4

I thought Leslie Kay's Lois was an excellent recast. I loved Rena Sofer, but thought LK did a good job. The amazing thing she managed to replicate the same romantic chemistry with WK's Ned and was disappointed they didn't try to pursue a relationship after her and Lorenzo fizzled out. 

Which brings me to, I wasn't rooting for Olivia to end up with Ned and wouldn't have hated it if Lois and Ned had gotten back together. Near the end of LK's run, they turned into friendly exes.

Not unpopular with me at all.  I want Robin happy, Patrick and Anna fixed and written in character and happy, and honestly all three actors off this show and in better jobs and for their characters to move out of town in a happy, non-dead or kidnapped way.   The writers wrote them into this hellish corner in a shoddy, nonsensical way -- I'll accept a quick and sloppy fix to this mess.  

Of course, what I'll probably get is Anna in jail for killing Carlos, Robin coming back to town and promptly dropping dead, and then Patrick will shrug over her dead body and be re-cast the next day with a 30-year-old underwear model.  I've learned to manage my expectations, I suppose.  

• Love 5

Of course, what I'll probably get is Anna in jail for killing Carlos, Robin coming back to town and promptly dropping dead, and then Patrick will shrug over her dead body and be re-cast the next day with a 30-year-old underwear model. I've learned to manage my expectations, I suppose.

Lmaooo. This is scary and accurate.

This is probably the mother of all UOs: I kinda like what's going on with Nina and Kiki. I'm so ashamed!

But making her coma baby will really ruin it imo. There's no need. Everything this show does is so stupid.

So I am here too.  And in spite of my Michelle Stafford hate.  Somehow, I like this Kiki.  I never liked Kiki before, with KA and even HE's Kiki, especially when she was working with Morgan to drug Michael (although given recent events I might change my mind on that).

Now that she is alone, no Michael, Ava or Morgan, I like her better.  I like her rapport with Franco.  I generally pretend that Franco is not Franco the serial killer so he doesn't bother me too much.  Franco and Kiki definitely make Nina tolerable.

And if it turns out somehow that Kiki is Nina's daughter (spec on my part), I think that would be a good story.  

• Love 2

And if it turns out somehow that Kiki is Nina's daughter (spec on my part), I think that would be a good story.  

I don't like it simply because the thing I like most about this Nina/Kiki thing is the idea of found families and them being actual mother/daughter takes that away. And like it just doesn't feel necessary at all to me.

But boy am I glad someone else is enjoying them!

• Love 2

It's also easy to like them when there is so little else to enjoy.  I cannot even watch the Corinthi bs.  

It would be nice if they left it as a found family.  Besides, it would be a weird retcon.  Coma Nina has coma baby not miscarriage and somehow Madeline spirits that baby away and gives her to Ava?  

And if Kiki stays a Jerome, she does have some interesting people in her family that should be checking in on her, like Sam and Lucas.  Where are they all of a sudden?  Poor Kiki!

• Love 2

And if Kiki stays a Jerome, she does have some interesting people in her family that should be checking in on her, like Sam and Lucas.  Where are they all of a sudden?  Poor Kiki!

Screw Kiki.  When has she ever been there for Sam or Lucas?

• Love 5

Okay, I get it, I am almost alone in my Kiki like.

Mark my words, when there is no one else to like, you too will like Kiki.

I don't like Kiki (but I also don't hate her as hard as other people do, she's just here being useless) but I support you liking a character that's wildly unpopular around here. Hell, I can say one nice thing about her - she hates Ava. 

• Love 4

Okay, I get it, I am almost alone in my Kiki like.

Mark my words, when there is no one else to like, you too will like Kiki.

Oh believe me, I get being in the minority on a character.  Hello, #teambritt.  And I'm probably the only person left who even semi-likes Dr. Obrecht (damn you for being so talented, Kathleen Gati!).

But if you want to call out Sam and Lucas for not being there for Kiki (and yeah, it's weird because Sam at least was there in the early days to comfort her about Silas.  And wouldn't she of all people want Kiki away from Franco?), you have to mention the inverse because Kiki has done little to build relationships with her extended family.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I'll say it, I want Jason and Sam to reunite. I don't want him to be a hit man, I would still like him to be repulsed by all the killing but maybe he & Sam can start a security company or something. I do think BM and KM are sparkly together. She smiles at him differently than I've seen with her pocket pup. And I'm ultimately a Sam fan I guess and Sam wants Jason, God love her. And he did want her too, so I want that for her. If he's at all confused between Sam and Liez however, he can kick rocks.

I also want Lucky to come gather his ex-wife and children and take them far away.

• Love 9

I don't mind Patrick / JT's hair.  Spikes are over and bangs would looks silly.  So would that shaved on the sides, semi-pompadour that TC had for a bit; JT is too mature for that cut. 

Then again I like longer hair on guys.  So, yeah, I think he looks fine.

• Love 1

Lucky is suffering enough. You know, because of the darkness he feels inside.

He should go see Merlin about that.

Black guy, appears late 20's, was formerly stuck in a tree for a few thousand years, and banged Connor Walsh in another life.

I like crazy Liz.  Her shifting eyes whenever anyone mentions Jason around Jake, her manic whispering to Nik, all of it.  It's probably the most outright entertaining thing on the show for me.  I know it craps all over the character and the whole Jakeson story is insipid, but I can't help but love crazy Liz.

• Love 9

It is weird to love Crazy Liz but also dread her inevitable "crazy wimmins" denouement? If only there were a way to reconcile the two. This show goes to that well way too often, and the men do just as BSC things but are never sent to Ferncliff or Shady Brooke. Unless you're Franco, and that was in service to Nina. 

• Love 7

It is weird to love Crazy Liz but also dread her inevitable "crazy wimmins" denouement? If only there were a way to reconcile the two. This show goes to that well way too often, and the men do just as BSC things but are never sent to Ferncliff or Shady Brooke. Unless you're Franco, and that was in service to Nina. 

Plus, with Franco, we were supposed to see it as "oh, look how romantic it is that he's faking being mentally ill to be near the crazy chick he loves!" and not "about damn time his ass got locked up in a mental hospital!" 

• Love 6

Unpopular, I know, but I do NOT want Jake to revert to Jason Morgan, mob killer, Sam lover, and all around Borg to the nth degree.  Bringing back the Jason Morgan character as played by Steve Burton is a huge disservice to Billy Miller who can actually act. 

While I am at it, I am utterly disappointed in the Corinthos Corp and all their blustering.  Pulling Michael back in to the circus makes me want to throw up. 

Sam is BORING beyond belief.  She has become another sanctimonious busybody. Pair her up with Paul and his new corrupt life as the DA.  

There has to be other stories to tell that do not involve anything even remotely resembling THE MOB. 

• Love 5

I never cared about Lulu and Dante.I don't know they always  bored me and I never ws much of an Lulu fan.Also haven't liked maxie in years n ot sure if it was the writing or what but shes gotten ery annoying last last few years.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 3

I don't have a problem with her drinking. Hell, drink yourself into an alcohol poisoning coma and then just drop dead. I have a problem with her being a snot nosed brat. She's the female equivalent of Morgan, who sucks just as much as she does.

• Love 3

She appears to Luke's supposedly superhuman tolerance. 5 glasses of vodka in 10 minutes and all that happens is some wobbly walking.

Was she at the Metro Court? Maybe Carly has the bartenders water down their drinks. ;)

• Love 1

In regards to Lulu wanting another baby: I don't think it is baby rabies by the womynz meme with her. I think it actually somewhat realistic. A lot of married women, stay at home or working, would be planning to have their second child at this stage, as Rocco is around 2 and will be near to 3 if everything goes to plan, which is close to recommend age for the space between siblings. The urgency comes from what the Cassadines and Obercht did to her, as Lante literally have one chance left (that we know off) to have one more biological child together. 

• Love 4