Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

I guess my girl card should be revoked because I hate shoes. HATE them, so, spending an exorbitant amount on them is just foolish to me.

Well, if that's the case, I should be entitled to at least a Bronze Girl Card because I'd like to be thirty again (for a year or so) to have access to some of those shoes.  I'm not saying I'd pay big money (like Sherri), but I'd sure find the best knock-offs.  Luv shoos!!!!

• Love 2

How generous of the Jonases to be charitable towards a struggling single mother who only makes a few million dollars a year. If she wasn't joking, I'm grossed out. Actually, even if she was joking, I'm grossed out. I'm guessing actual struggling single mothers don't find her crying poor to be very funny.

• Love 9
Well, if that's the case, I should be entitled to at least a Bronze Girl Card because I'd like to be thirty again (for a year or so) to have access to some of those shoes.  I'm not saying I'd pay big money (like Sherri), but I'd sure find the best knock-offs.  Luv shoos!!!!

Boy, me too, Medicine Crow!   I always had great shoes...starting with Baker's cheapest (but still cute) in the mid 50s.  Before being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in my early 50s, my KNEES started really killing me and I had to quit wearing high heels...stilettos, strappy shoes, etc.  That was the 90s and I wore "nice" brands...nothing like today's shoes that cost a month's rent on a nice apartment.  I still yearn for those heels, but joints and income keep me from them.  There have been a lot of REALLY cute flats the past couple of years.

Backformore...don't forget her BEST-SELLING books!

• Love 3

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  51m51 minutes ago

This woman on @BravoRHOC used leeches to suck her blood & rubbed the blood on her face to stay young - must be nice to have $$$ to burn

After her most recent shoe purchase- Sherri really should keep quiet about how others choose to spend their money!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 6

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  51m51 minutes ago

This woman on @BravoRHOC used leeches to suck her blood & rubbed the blood on her face to stay young - must be nice to have $$$ to burn

After her most recent shoe purchase- Sherri really should keep quiet about how others choose to spend their money!

Sherri really can be obnoxious most of the time can't she?  And I how much you want to make a bet she checked to see how much it cost and made herself an appointment?

• Love 3

C'mon Roger, "we" need a snide comment on Sherri's Twitter!!!

I would love a comment about the Detroit event she retweeted about (soon after getting her new shoes)  

The Million Shoe March  "Shoes for soles in need"

She probably thinks it is a religious event for souls in need!

The money she spends on one pair of shoes sure would provide a lot of pairs for those who have none!

• Love 6

Was watching Pitch Perfect 2 on dvd last night and there is a quick View cameo towards the beginning of the film featuring Rosie O, Rosie P and Nicole Wallace reacting to the wardrobe malfunction of the Rebel Wilson character. I was struck by 2 things: 1. How quickly outdated this appearance became with all of these ladies  no longer co-hosts. Actually even at the time of its release back in May, it would have been outdated with Nicole being the last one standing at that point. 2. I wonder why Whoopi didn't appear. Was it a money thing? Was she holding out for an extended role, or did she just not want to share screen time with Rosie O. With her love for musical entertainment, I'm sure Rosie O was easy to get on board for this and Nicole probably was just thrilled at the chance to appear in a movie.    

• Love 1

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 21m21 minutes ago 
My son wants me to have the same last name as him (which is my ex ex hubby's last name)... should I change it back from #Sally to #Tarpley?

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 17m17 minutes ago 
Jeffrey's dad (Mr Tarpley) is going to have a fit when I tell him I may change my name personally back to #Tarpley - cracks me up

There are no words. Except these STFU Sherri.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7

While I'm not crazy about Sherri's comment that changing back to Tarpley would give her "ex" a fit, I do understand Jeffrey's wish that they both have the same last name.  That's exactly the reason I kept my (awful) married name rather than going back to my maiden name when I divorced and my boys were small.  I didn't want them to have to "introduce" me at school, etc. when most people would assume my name was Mrs. XXXXX, rather than Ms. ZZZZ.  I still haven't changed it, but now it's b/c all my records, credit, etc. would have to be adjusted, and that's such a royal pain!

• Love 3

While I'm not crazy about Sherri's comment that changing back to Tarpley would give her "ex" a fit, I do understand Jeffrey's wish that they both have the same last name.  That's exactly the reason I kept my (awful) married name rather than going back to my maiden name when I divorced and my boys were small.  I didn't want them to have to "introduce" me at school, etc. when most people would assume my name was Mrs. XXXXX, rather than Ms. ZZZZ.  I still haven't changed it, but now it's b/c all my records, credit, etc. would have to be adjusted, and that's such a royal pain!

Your decision to simply keep your married name and carry on is logical.  Sherri changing her name to the first husband's name is just silly.  Why would she introduce herself as anything other than "Sherri Shepherd" anyway?  She must be bored.

• Love 4

Sherri changing her name to the first husband's name is just silly.  Why would she introduce herself as anything other than "Sherri Shepherd" anyway?

It's possible that Sherri, like many other celebs, uses her legal (rather than stage) name for personal matters, such as school registrations, taxes, etc.  So it makes sense to me that she'd go with Tarpley for Jeffrey's sake, especially with his special circumstances.  Ivana Trump, Tina Turner and Demi Moore are just 3 examples of many who kept or returned to an ex's name even after remarriage, for family or business purposes. It's not that unusual.

• Love 1

True.  But neither Ivana, Tina, or Demi changed their names (at least publicly) when they eventually re-married, only to go backwards and change it to the first one after divorces.  I don't have strong feelings about women changing their names after marriage..everybody does what feels right.  I didn't change my name after marriage and never even considered it….always felt alien to have his name.    

• Love 2

Using Demi Moore (again) as an example, that's not quite true. 

According to http://madamenoire.com/328128/15-celebs-kept-ex-husbands-last-name-divorce/10/

Source: WENN

Demi Moore

While Demi Moore was married to Freddy Moore she took his last name and kept it once they divorced in 1985. She went on to keep his last name even after she married and divorced Bruce Willis after 13 years of marriage. She did finally change it to Kutcher after she married Ashton Kutcher in 2005. They divorced in 2013.

Without spending any more time on it, I'd think there are probably many others.  Anyway, whatever works for Jeffrey is best, IMO.

:-)

• Love 1

Well, She has a son with Mr. SALLY too. I wonder what one has to do to use a first ex's name again? Jeffrey seems (according to her nonsense on Twitter) to be questioning many things with Sherri lately. I feel sorry for the child.

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 21m21 minutes ago 

My son wants me to have the same last name as him (which is my ex ex hubby's last name)... should I change it back from #Sally to #Tarpley?

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 17m17 minutes ago 

Jeffrey's dad (Mr Tarpley) is going to have a fit when I tell him I may change my name personally back to #Tarpley - cracks me up

There are no words. Except these STFU Sherri.

Sherri is thinking about making life changes based on advice from her son??  Now that's funny!!!

• Love 7

Sherri is thinking about making life changes based on advice from her son??  Now that's funny!!!

Even funnier is that she's asking people on TWITTER for advice.  

I get making the decision to keep or change your name when you get married, or when you get divorced.   But going backwards to a previous ex's name doesn't seem logical.  

But this is Sherri Shepherd, so why would anyone expect logic?

• Love 10

I joined Twitter.  Sherri is ranting about a young man with autism working without pay at Applebees

(he transitioned from an unpaid position and he was never put on payroll)

Sherri is blaming Applebees-  I blame the social service agency overseeing the job placement!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

Reading this article, sounds like lots of parties, including Applebee's, shoulder the blame. Can't really blame Sherri for the outrage.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/22/applebee-s-stiffs-autistic-employee-and-they-re-hardly-alone.html

It is a situation I would've resolved in my position as an employment coordinator for individuals with disabilities.

His job coach (helping on site) and the agency needed to rectify this by contacting Applebees and the state labor board.

The position was initially unpaid and the transition to paid was when the confusion resulted. The agency had means (and contacts) to rectify this- They dropped the ball.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

She uses Sally so all of her adoring fans won't bother her at hotels since she is not registered as Shepherd. Lol - the idiot just gave that away on twitter so now everyone knows.

Me thinks that Sherri does not have so many, if any adoring fans anymore so she has told her Twitter world how she registers at hotels so WOW, SURPRISE, where did all these "fans" come from????

• Love 2

I am unfamiliar with any hotel of any decent reputation that would disclose the name of a guest. The only thing I can think of is a reporter or "fan" calling the hotel on thr phone and asking for her by name and getting connected to her room. But seriously is her fan base that *crazy* for her?

• Love 1

I am unfamiliar with any hotel of any decent reputation that would disclose the name of a guest. The only thing I can think of is a reporter or "fan" calling the hotel on thr phone and asking for her by name and getting connected to her room. But seriously is her fan base that *crazy* for her?

Why go to all that trouble?  She seems to live on Twitter - it wouldn't be that hard to find Sherri if someone really really wanted to punish themselves like that. 

• Love 3

A difficult topic but why does Sherri make it more dramatic? Someone else had to remind her that Jeffrey has a Dad!

Very emotional trying to figure out who would care for Jeffrey if something happened to me. Nobody loves him like me
@SherriEShepherd Umm, what about his father?

nobody can love Jeffrey like me or his dad, but he is older as well... planning for Jeffrey's future still necessary

• Love 2

Plus is this a topic appropriate for Twitter, and with strangers?

I've no real idea of Jeffrey's complete profile cognitively, but is she indicating that he'll need to be supervised for life?  Then I understand the necessity of planning for his life's future - but not on the damn Twitter!  This woman just blows me away with what she Tweets, so inappropriate!

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 9

Sherri has been doing "Periscope" on Twitter where she attempts to "counsel" her fans on different issues. This is truly scary that ANYONE would listen to her & act on her advice. This latest will talk is just another opportunity for her to slam Sal...

Someone just sent me this very thought provoking quote from Joan Chittister a well know Catholic nun:

Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up the hypocrisy in the ‘pro-life’ movement:

" I do not believe that just because you’re opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don’t? Because you don’t want any tax money to go there. That’s not pro-life. That’s pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

http://samuel-warde.com/2015/07/catholic-nun-explains-pro-life/

What would Bitsy & her cohorts say ???????

• Love 13

A difficult topic but why does Sherri make it more dramatic? Someone else had to remind her that Jeffrey has a Dad!

Very emotional trying to figure out who would care for Jeffrey if something happened to me. Nobody loves him like me

@SherriEShepherd Umm, what about his father?

nobody can love Jeffrey like me or his dad, but he is older as well... planning for Jeffrey's future still necessary

Hahahaha!  Sorry, but this cracked me up.  What a dumbass. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Sherri has been doing "Periscope" on Twitter where she attempts to "counsel" her fans on different issues. This is truly scary that ANYONE would listen to her & act on her advice. This latest will talk is just another opportunity for her to slam Sal...

Someone just sent me this very thought provoking quote from Joan Chittister a well know Catholic nun:

Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up the hypocrisy in the ‘pro-life’ movement:

" I do not believe that just because you’re opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don’t? Because you don’t want any tax money to go there. That’s not pro-life. That’s pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

http://samuel-warde.com/2015/07/catholic-nun-explains-pro-life/

What would Bitsy & her cohorts say ???????

Well said.  Reminds me of someone (not me) who said "Life begins at conception and ends at birth".  

Not proud of this, watched a Periscope of Sherri at her hotel in Canada! (She fails to realize she is in the city of Toronto, province of Ontario in Canada)She said there was a fire alarm at 3 AM & she had to hobble down 17 flights of stairs (she had hurt her ankle jogging, not walking on 6 inch heels) AND she was sleeping naked & had to scramble to find something to wear.

How far down the scale of common sense has this individual fallen, then again, did she ever have common sense......

• Love 3

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  Oct 29

fire alarm going off in my hotel room - have to emergency evacuate & on the 17th floor but I can't find my wig!

If  I had to evacuate a hotel room in am emergency- Searching for my wig (and tweeting about the search for it) would not be my priority.

Periscope (once evacuated) would not be on my list of things to do either!

Hopefully Jeffrey is learning his fire safety skills at school!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

Isn't this the second time she was in a hotel naked when something happened?  I remember her tweeting a story about window washers catching her naked one morning.  Jesus, you would think Sherri would learn to wear pj's in a hotel.

• Love 4

Back when she was still with Sal she told some story about her house burglar alarm going off and how havoc ensued - Sal looking for the house gun, naked Sherri running down the hall to get Jeffrey. Who knows if it happened.

• Love 3

Sherri always chooses to tweet while an event is happening......like the elderly, confused man got into the backseat of her car parked by Rumba. That was twofer.....me exercising and scared out of my wits. Yet her photo showed there were not any cars in the lot except hers....not even for Rumba clients.

Or when she is pulled over for violations. like...oh, no....here is a cop. See my instagram.

• Love 3

But...............what would she have to talk about, exaggerate & make part of her stand up??????

Exactly.  Think about the number of times the same gag is used in movies, tv shows, commercials.   Someone is in a hotel, they get out of the shower, wrap a towel around them, or have a bedsheet around them.  They step out into the lobby, or outside of the motel door, for 2 seconds, and the door slams, catching their towel or sheet, and leaving the person naked without a way to get back in the room.  

Sherri WANTS to be able to say this happens to her, so she can use it as a gag.  so she makes it up, exaggerates, to tell the story.   In her mind, she's the modern-day version of Lucille Ball, with the facial expressions and the hysteria, over-reacting, etc.   Sherri gets acting jobs, she may be good at taking direction.  But when she makes stuff up, it's overdone and slapsticky.

• Love 8