Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Except Rip's first comics appearance was in 1959, so maybe we should hold a seance and ask Verity Lambert :)

Besides, the Doctor isn't known for picking up assassins as companions and getting into bar fights.

There is nothing new under the sun.

And yet I keep watching TV.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Except Rip's first comics appearance was in 1959, so maybe we should hold a seance and ask Verity Lambert :)

Besides, the Doctor isn't known for picking up assassins as companions and getting into bar fights.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the 24 years he's spending with River on Derillium, there'll be a bar fight.

• Love 1

It's interesting that ATOM is so prominent in the posters but is barely mentioned in the articles or seen in the promos. Most of the promos feature Sara, Sara and Rip, Sara and Captain Cold and the most recent one Sara and Old and Young Martin Stein. The Hawks are barely mentioned either. 

Edited by Sakura12

It's interesting that ATOM is so prominent in the posters but is barely mentioned in the articles or seen in the promos. Most of the promos feature Sara, Sara and Rip, Sara and Captain Cold and the most recent one Sara and Old and Young Martin Stein. The Hawks are barely mentioned either. 

I think the promos are being made, or at least approved, by someone higher up the network food chain than whoever made the posters. That person is clearly putting his/her money on Sara. Rip's getting a lot of play lately, and

the Rogues have gotten plenty in the past, but through  it all, Sara's been prominently featured.

That snippet with Sara and Rip dancing was probably included because the network noticed shipper

interest in the two. Networks love shippers. I'm surprised they haven't shown anything really shippy

with Sara/Cold; the CW loves triangles.

Edited by Lokiberry

I think the promos are being made, or at least approved, by someone higher up the network food chain than whoever made the posters. That person is clearly putting his/her money on Sara. Rip's getting a lot of play lately, and

the Rogues have gotten plenty in the past, but through  it all, Sara's been prominently featured.

That snippet with Sara and Rip dancing was probably included because the network noticed shipper

interest in the two. Networks love shippers. I'm surprised they haven't shown anything really shippy

with Sara/Cold; the CW loves triangles.

The person in charge of the promos seems to be a Sara fan. Not that I'm complaining, Sara's the main reason I'm watching. Along with Captain Cold, Rip Hunter (because of AD) and Stein. The rest are kind of just there for me right now. 

• Love 2

I think everyone has potential. The hawks may not have been well-received, but I still have hope. Could be a great story with Hawkman dying in the present and Hawkgirl meeting his past self in different eras (total speculation). And while Jay Jackson felt absolutely boring to me in his introductory episode, in the right hands and with the right actor, it's still possible to make him a stand-out.

But yeah, I'm here for Sara, Stein and Cold, and probably Rip Hunter, too.

• Love 3

I'm only here for Sara if they do something beyond assassin or sex toy, which they didn't manage on Arrow.

The Hawks are dull.

Firestorm, both halves, and Rip are the draw for me.

I know it's a CW drama from Berlanti and its to be expected, but it's very pale, and male. And if it's anything like Arrow the lesbian storylines will be played for the male gaze.

What lesbian storyline are you talking about on Arrow? Sara and Nyssa had a total of one kiss and about 7 scenes together. None I'd consider for the male gaze. They were both fully clothed for the kiss. They also had Sara's straight sister hanging around her girlfriend more than she ever did on screen. Then they forced Nyssa to marry a man. 

I hope they do better representing the LGBT community with actually showing a storyline on this show. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
I'm only here for Sara if they do something beyond assassin or sex toy, which they didn't manage on Arrow.

On Arrow, Sara was a tragic anti-heroine, and to see her a sex toy (really? she slept with only one character on-screen, Oliver, plus Nyssa in the backstory and season 2.5 comics) feels like very arbitrary thinking to me.

• Love 1

That's what Oliver used her as. I means it's disgusting, as with most of his behaviour, but that's all they did with her. They actually had a real opportunity with Sara to explore a complex relationship between two women, with both Nyssa, and more importantly for the show, her relationship with Laurel, but they chose the sex with Oliver root. And of course spiced it up by teasing the relationship with Nyssa.

Just thinking how many episodes will it take this show to pass the Bechdel test? I'm not sure Arrow or The Flash ever have.

There are two women on Legends. One of them linked with a male. This show isn't likely to pass. Sara having Sex with Oliver was her being used as a test toy? Sure the relationship was used to stall Olicity but both Sara and Oliver were in a place where they needed someone who understood them and a small relief from the dealing with drama.

• Love 2
That's what Oliver used her as. I means it's disgusting, as with most of his behaviour, but that's all they did with her.

Soooo... having consensual sex with a woman you've known for a long time, had a lot of shared experiences with, a mutual attraction and a past romantic (if not unproblematic) relationship means using her a sex toy?! Wow. I mean wow.

They actually had a real opportunity with Sara to explore a complex relationship between two women, with both Nyssa, and more importantly for the show, her relationship with Laurel, but they chose the sex with Oliver root. And of course spiced it up by teasing the relationship with Nyssa.

I won't argue that an Oliver/Sara romance was unneeded, because it really was, but her and Nyssa really were way more problematic than her and Oliver. Most of the fandom just prefers to ignore it because representation, femmeslash, Nyssa's general hotness/badassness, yadda yadda. But this is a woman who thought that kidnapping her ex' mother and threatening to kill her to blackmail said ex into coming back was OK. And Sara was willing to kill herself rather than go back, too.

Just thinking how many episodes will it take this show to pass the Bechdel test? I'm not sure Arrow or The Flash ever have.

Pretty sure Arrow passed Bechdel test somewhere in season 1. It's actually much better with female characters than it's usually given credit for, and I'm far from a fan of this show (I've dropped it after s2 and only returned for Sara's resurrection episodes). I agree about The Flash, it's way too male-focused.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4

Sara and Nyssa have way too many issues. One being Nyssa's response to Sara breaking up with her is to poison her sister and kidnap her mother. Sara doesn't need that in her life. I'd rather Sara find someone that is not connected to her trauma, male or female. 

• Love 3

Are the Hawks really popular in comic books?  I liked barista Kendra but the Hawk stuff just looks kind of cheesy - and not in the fun sense of the word.  Unless they have some kind of tingly Spidey sense that tells them where Vandal Savage is, I don't see the point.  The CGI has to be really expensive. 

I figure that scene with Sara is the closest with Sara and Ray :p And weird that Ray gets his Good bye with Oliver. I guess because they knew Felicity would have some issues around the start of Legends.

I guess someone finally told them to feature Ray in the promos.

I'm here for Sara, Stein, Rip, and surprisingly, Ray.  I'm very curious what they can do with him now that the writers have seemed to find his voice.  He's surrounded by characters that can keep his ego in check and be bemused by his enthusiasm.   Cold is rapidly growing on me and Heatwave probably will amuse me. 

Jax is too much an unknown- we've only seen him in a single episode.  Kendra and Hall have had more on screen time but have we really seen how they will be on the show?  I am willing to give them a chance to win me over.  Same with Vandal Savage.  I did love his very first scene on the crossover.  More of that please. 

From following on Instagram, I have only good things to say about the actress that plays Kendra and nothing negative to say about Hawkdude.  I think the actor playing Jax would annoy me in real life (way too proud of his sneaker and watch collections) but then 90 percent of the dude bros his age probably would irate and that really doesn't mean that he won't be great on screen. 

So I guess I'm here for everyone for now.  :D

• Love 4

I started thinking of LoT as more Guardians of the Galaxy then D-List Justice League awhile ago. The Justice League is full of heroes, the LoT team has criminals and an assassin. For me it's more like Firefly as well. A ragtag team of misfits that will be big damn heroes when it really counts. 

I think this show has found a great mix of characters and a solid cast to play them.  I kind of hope they keep it as a shorter run series to keep the cost down (and avoid filler eps) because I think the show has a lot of potential. Also, while they could probably trade out a character or two - I hope they keep most of the puzzle pieces in place.  At least the ones that I think are going to work really well together are Sara, Ray, Stein, Cold, and Rip.  I suppose that means the Hawks and HW are exchangeable, but I hope we keep Hawkgirl just to keep some girl power on the show.

• Love 1

I was excited about Hawkgirl at first, but now it feels like she's become just one half of "the Hawks", and I'm far less interested. I may feel differently after a few episodes, but right now I wouldn't object to changing her out for another female hero next season. Or two or three....seriously, the gender imbalance on this show is ridiculous.

• Love 2

Well they have died in the past so their past incarnations are out amongst time. I'm Hoping Hawk dies so Hawkgirl can become her own character without him.  

They've connected the Hawks to Savage, so I think as long as he is around, they will be around.

Sara better get a scene with Oliver too. He should be the one telling her fight in the light. He was the one trying to help her see that in season 2. Sara's goodbye is going to wasted only on Laurel again isn't it? I really hate that the only way they could make Laurel fit is to pretend that Sara doesn't have relationships with anyone else including her father. 

• Love 6

Casting spoiler:

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/jewel-staite-cast-legends-of-tomorrow-episode-10/

Legends of Tomorrow: Jewel Staite Cast as a Future Genius With Ties to...?

By Matt Webb Mitovich

Jewel Staite is being called upon to assist the Legends of Tomorrow.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Firefly and Stargate Atlantis alum will guest-star on the The CW’s upcoming, timey-wimey Arrow/Flash offshoot as Rachel Turner, a tech genius/roboticist who exists in a future in which technology has an even firmer grip on our lives than it does today. (Which apparently is possible…? I will let you know after I TweetBook a photo of my breakfast.)

A descendant of a long line of inventors — one of whom turns out to be someone from the DC Universe! — Rachel believes that her creations can make that world a better place. Alas, what the brilliant beauty cannot foresee is that her work is destined to fall into the hands of immortal baddie Vandal Savage, who will use it to take over the world. Unless Rachel can team up with the Legends to stop him.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow premieres Thursday, Jan. 21 at 8/7c, where it will lead into Season 3 of The 100. Staite will appear in Episode 10.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

So future tells me this might be Rip related and Tech makes me think this might be Ray centric then? Or perhaps future Cisco will be involved in this episode. I love Kaylee. I held out watching firefly until I saw clips of her.

• Love 1

I guess I'll be the voice of meh. :) I'm one of the few people in the world, I think, who is not a Kaylee fan. And I wasn't crazy about her time on Stargate Atlantis as Jennifer Keller either. But she's not a regular, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Firefly is the only show where I liked all the main characters. However I hated Keller on SGA. They'd never get Nathan Fillion unless he was able to play Booster Gold. 

I'm thinking she's related to Ray. Unless they are going with another DC Inventor we haven't met yet. 

Edited by Sakura12