Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

2h3pf7m.jpg

Here they all are... :)

Some I like better than others, but I think overall they all look good. Cpt Cold I think wins for looking the most cool as a badass. SL gets MVP, because she looks the most capable to actually being a badass with or without her weapons. I will give RP an honorable mention for MIP, since I only half believe that this was taken at your local Tae-Bo Class.

And I love Martin Stein, but he looks a little out of place. Although he does look the most Noble of the bunch.

Lastly, Hawkgirl's costume really reminds me of She-RA. And I'm not gonna lie after that crossover performance, part of me wishes LoT had cast & wrote a live version She-Ra instead to join the Legends Crew.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Some I like better than others, but I think overall they all look good. Cpt Cold I think wins for looking the most cool as a badass.

The guy is seriously committed to his brand image! Seriously, everyone else is in an action pose. Not sure how he'd feel about his symbol being a snowflake.  :-P

I'm glad to get a better look at the costumes.

And I love Martin Stein, but he looks a little out of place. Although he does look the most Noble of the bunch

Should have just had him cross his arms and look scholarly.  Make do some fire image in the background to connect him to his other half but he shouldn't be doing anything action or imply that he can shoot fire from his fingers.

I love Sara's stance and look but I really think her head is out of proportion.  It's photo shopped in just a bit too large for her body. (It's more obvious when looking at a larger image) I'd say Firestorm suffers from photo shop problems too.  Why no neck? 

Edited by BkWurm1

I probably would have put Stein in the Firestorm card (yes, they look like trading cards to me) with Jay, tbh. I realize that gives short shrift to Victor Garber, but it means Stein doesn't have to try to look physically heroic.

I used to think the same, but I kinda liked Hawkman (which was a total surprise for me!), so I'm in a wait-and-see approach. It felt like the actor managed to insert a bit of personality (douche-y personality, I admit, but it made the dynamic better, and he clearly cared for Kendra) into the very little screentime he got (the writing was also... not very good).

Now, Heatwave and Jax are the characters I'm iffy on the most.

From the review but non-spoilery:

As established in that quasi-trailer over the course of 90 efficient seconds but drawn out in the actual pilot across several scenes, Rip Hunter (Doctor Who‘s Arthur Darvill) — a member of the time-hopping Time Masters — travels back to January 2016 to assemble a team of oneday “legends,” in hopes of thwarting immortal mad man Vandal Savage (Casper Crump).

In actual practice, Hunter’s invitation necessitates a great deal of discussion and debate. Can one half of Firestorm coax his reluctant partner to join in? Does Ray Palmer have anything to lose by bailing on the present? (And what advice does Green Arrow offer via a quick cameo?) And what could possibly convince ne’er-do-wells Captain Cold and Heat Wave to sign on for such a noble venture?

But once said conversations have been had, after the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed, the times ahead promise to be spread across the ages and a whole lotta fun.

My memory is falling me - is the premiere one or two hours?  It sounds like there will be some logic put into the set up of this team...if only just a little bit. 

The pilot is two episodes, part one will air Jan 21st and part 2 will air Jan 28

That doesn't seem like the best idea since it sounds like the first half will be chatty chat chat.  Won't make a difference to me but for the audience they are trying to lure in it seems like a risk to space them out.

• Love 1

Yeah that review pretty much made me lose interest in the pilot. I can't stand the Hawks backstory. I'm only here for Sara and Rip. With a side of cold. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Yeah that review pretty much made me lose interest in the pilot. I can't stand the Hawks backstory. I'm only her for Sara and Rip. With a side of cold. 

Yeah, I'm not impressed with the Hawk's story either. To make matters worse,

I don't think either of the actors are particularly good in their roles. But,

I haven't given up hope. The promos barely feature them. Instead, they focus

on Sara, the Rogues, and Rip. Someone has an idea about who the audience is

going to respond to, and it's not the Hawks.

Their story may be up front in the pilot, but that doesn't mean it's going to

dominate the rest of the show.

• Love 1

Their story [Hawks] may be up front in the pilot, but that doesn't mean it's going to

dominate the rest of the show.

My thoughts exactly.  Once the premise and the need to go after Vandal is established then the Hawkes can fade to the background.  I also am confident that as the season blows through its budget, the MUCH cheaper real fighting will get more of a spotlight.  It's not like if they go in undercover that Suites or power guns or wings are easy to conceal. 

Chances are this show could suffer from too big of a cast but hopefully it will find it's balance. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

MTV.com review: mild *spoilers*

Basically, “Legends of Tomorrow” is the “Avengers” of sadness.

But also there’s explosions! And romance! And all the soap opera meets super-powered trappings we’ve come to expect from The CW’s two other DC Comics based shows (that would be “Arrow” and “The Flash“), from which “Legends” spins off. And before you get concerned that you haven’t watched three seasons of “Arrow” and a season and a half of “The Flash” and will be instantly lost, “Legends” gets you caught up to speed in record time.

New, action-heavy promo:

• Love 1

Avengers of sadness? What does that mean?

The context is in the review:

Basically, between all the explosions, superheroics, sci-fi jargon and laugh-out-loud funny quips, there’s a much darker, sadder idea skimming below the surface… That no matter how hard we try, our lives don’t mean much; and no matter how much we try to change ourselves to try and make our lives matter, they never, ever will.
  • Love 1

Basically, between all the explosions, superheroics, sci-fi jargon and laugh-out-loud funny quips, there’s a much darker, sadder idea skimming below the surface… That no matter how hard we try, our lives don’t mean much; and no matter how much we try to change ourselves to try and make our lives matter, they never, ever will.

Lol, let's hope that this isn't really the theme they are trying to convey cause yeah, that would be just a little too much of a constant downer. 

• Love 2

LoT is #2 on GamesRadar's list of the "20 Best New TV Shows We're Looking Forward to in 2016" and is also among AdWeek's "12 TV Shows We're Most Excited to See in 2016"...

The 20 best new TV shows we're looking forward to in 2016
Sarah Jordan on December 29, 2015
http://www.gamesradar.com/best-new-tv-shows/

2. Legends of Tomorrow
It’s impossible not to be excited about Legends of Tomorrow, a DC Comics show that is reportedly so expensive it’s going to need a loan from Mark Zuckerberg to make it to the end of its first season, let alone a second. Showrunner Greg Berlanti has already proven his talents transforming Arrow and The Flash for the small screen, but Legends of Tomorrow is gearing up for an anthology-style set-up, with characters dipping in and out depending on the storylines.

The CW has arguably opted for a ‘go hard or go home’ approach when it comes to Legends of Tomorrow, especially as they’ve already introduced us to most of the characters in The Flash and Arrow. We’re most psyched about Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell as Captain Cold and Heatwave, but Doctor Who star Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter is sure to keep things interesting. If you're not on the couch on January 21 we'll presume something terrible has happened to you...

Here Are the 12 TV Shows We're Most Excited to See in 2016
Jason Lynch December 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
http://www.adweek.com/news-gallery/television/here-are-12-tv-shows-we-re-most-excited-see-2016-168744

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW, Jan. 21)
Greg Berlanti, Adweek’s TV Producer of the Year, has gone three-for-three with his comic book series—Arrow, The Flash and now Supergirl—which gives me high hopes for his latest DC Comics-based show: a time-traveling adventure starring many of the best recurring heroes and villians from Arrow and The Flash who team up, Dirty Dozen-style, to fight the evil Vandal Savage.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

As dark funny and exciting this show looks like its going to be. It also feels likes its going to be rather depressing from a character standpoint. I can so see the show being Avengers of Sadness. There is no joy in saving the world if it seems like its your only option and your fate/destiny rolled into one. Plus if you do try to change anything you probably will ruin the fabric of time. So there's that to stop you. I doubt this is going to be like Flash where BA has his steady cheerleading squad supporting every decision bad or good. This show feels like its going to be more Arrow s1 where the heroes are moody & dark with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Only now there is a whole bunch of them, but at least they can be snarky in this show- it doesn't seem like they take their miseries too seriously.

Lol, let's hope that this isn't really the theme they are trying to convey cause yeah, that would be just a little too much of a constant downer. 

ITA; let's just hope that the MTV reviewer just neglected to take his Zoloft that morning. It certainly doesn't go with the tone of the promotions.

LoT is #2 on GamesRadar's list of the "20 Best New TV Shows We're Looking Forward to in 2016" and is also among AdWeek's "12 TV Shows We're Most Excited to See in 2016"...

Here Are the 12 TV Shows We're Most Excited to See in 2016

Jason Lynch December 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EST

http://www.adweek.com/news-gallery/television/here-are-12-tv-shows-we-re-most-excited-see-2016-168744

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW, Jan. 21)

...Greg Berlanti, Adweek’s TV Producer of the Year, has gone three-for-three with his comic book series—Arrow, The Flash and now Supergirl—which gives me high hopes for his latest DC Comics-based show: a time-traveling adventure starring many of the best recurring heroes and villians from Arrow and The Flash who team up, Dirty Dozen-style, to fight the evil Vandal Savage.

That's the first comparison to The Dirty Dozen I've seen for this show, but it did really strike me that way in the most-recent trailer.  Ironic, considering the movie folks made Arrow shut down their Task Force X in preparation for a movie whose elevator pitch is "The Dirty Dozen with supervillains."

I don't I think they can go with they can't change their past because that is what makes them who they are today. If Sara never got on the boat then she would never have the skills needed to help save the world. She might have been happier or she might not have been. But from what happened to her, she's now part of something bigger than herself. Same with the rest of them.  We can go also go with Doctor Who's lessons, some things are fixed points in time and can never be changed. 

If we are going to see or hear anything about past changing I would rather it just be on Earth 2. Where in my headcanon Sara didn't go on the Gambit with Oliver and became a doctor.

They will all probably try to things and mess up the timelines. I also think I'd rather Sara not do something for herself, instead I can see her going to Sin's father and telling him or making it impossible for him to get on that plane that would've flown over Lian Yu. She would erase herself from meeting Sin but Sin would never have lost her father. And it could explain (since Bex is on another show) why Sara hasn't visited her. 

I don't I think they can go with they can't change their past because that is what makes them who they are today. If Sara never got on the boat then she would never have the skills needed to help save the world. She might have been happier or she might not have been. But from what happened to her, she's now part of something bigger than herself. Same with the rest of them.  We can go also go with Doctor Who's lessons, some things are fixed points in time and can never be changed. 

If we are going to see or hear anything about past changing I would rather it just be on Earth 2. Where in my headcanon Sara didn't go on the Gambit with Oliver and became a doctor.

They will all probably try to things and mess up the timelines. I also think I'd rather Sara not do something for herself, instead I can see her going to Sin's father and telling him or making it impossible for him to get on that plane that would've flown over Lian Yu. She would erase herself from meeting Sin but Sin would never have lost her father. And it could explain (since Bex is on another show) why Sara hasn't visited her. 

ETA: Is there a reason this thread moved to "L"? 

Edited by Sakura12

I, for one, don't mind such an idea (hey, I'm an "Angel" fan). But the promo looks great. And I definitely wouldn't mind a CanaryHunter ship, at least visually they look great together in that 70s (I presume) scene.

I only watched Angel in it's last season. It was awesome but I bawled through too many episodes.  

I liked the idea the first time I read it but I was rewatching early season two and the reason that Roy is finally brought into the Arrow Cave is because he got injected with the mirikuru and the only reason he got injected is because he was running down a lead about one of SIn's friends that was killed and the only reason Roy knew Sin was because she was a known friend of the woman in black. 

The ripple effect really is never ending. 

There's always going be ripple effects, it just depends on how hard the writers think of them. I don't think Roy continuity is on the top of their lists since it wasn't when he was forgotten about after being electrocuted. 

I just wonder if this show will more like Flash where they murder the Earth 2 bad guys and no one says anything or like Arrow where they murder people and that is all anyone talks about. 

• Love 1

i really love the new promo. It has A LOT of Rip, and the "how many knives do you have scene" got expanded; perhaps as a response to how well the first one was received in the other promo. It looks like someone at the network is looking at reactions, and adjusting future promos accordingly: lots of Rip and Sara, although not very  much  Cold this time.  However, he did get that cool Boba Fett line.

• Love 3

I feel like Capt. Cold is going to be the scene-stealer for the show. Like, they'll give Wentworth a lot of snarky lines because he can pull them off.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
ETA: Is there a reason this thread moved to "L"? 

Consistency; we use "Agents of Shield" in preference to "Marvel's Agents of Shield," so now we're doing the same here by dropping the "DC's".  If you use features like the "My Shows" function, the thread name will update automaticaly.

I haven't seen that one. It's good to see Rip be the focus since he's the mystery one. 

I wonder how he convinces the Time Masters that he needs the 8 misfits he puts together. They almost read like the Breakfast Club. A rich kid, a scientist, a mechanic, a criminal, a hothead, an assassin, a barista and a prince. 

• Love 3

They are not disappearing, they are going to be seen throughout time. If you hear about a White Canary, an Atom and a Captain Cold in 1867, then again in 1932, then again 1978, then in 2016, then 2166 that will make be seen as Legends. Myths that can't possibly exist in all those times. The present isn't the only thing that matters anymore. The Green Arrow's rein will be maybe 20 years, the LoT Team's rein will span for centuries. 

They are legends because they are saving the world, not just defending one city from one villain. Star City, Central City and the rest of the cities are going to benefit from what the LoT team does. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/the-cw-schedules-legends-of-tomorrow.html?m=1

THE CW GIVES VIEWERS AN EXCLUSIVE LOOK ACROSS DC COMICS WITH TWO ALL-NEW SPECIALS, “DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: THEIR TIME IS NOW” AND “DC FILMS PRESENTS: DAWN OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE,” PREMIERING TUESDAY, JAN. 19

The World Premiere of the New Trailer for “Suicide Squad” to Debut During “Dawn of the Justice League” Special

I didn't copy the whole link

• Love 1

They are not disappearing, they are going to be seen throughout time. If you hear about a White Canary, an Atom and a Captain Cold in 1867, then again in 1932, then again 1978, then in 2016, then 2166 that will make be seen as Legends. Myths that can't possibly exist in all those times. The present isn't the only thing that matters anymore. The Green Arrow's rein will be maybe 20 years, the LoT Team's rein will span for centuries. 

They are legends because they are saving the world, not just defending one city from one villain. Star City, Central City and the rest of the cities are going to benefit from what the LoT team does. 

What they become and what they are currently are different. He says that he gathers them because they are legends, he could very well be lying about that which is what I am speculating.  There has to be a reason why he chooses who he chooses. He could be telling the truth that they are legends in the future or he could be lying and just assembling a rag tag team of heroes/villains who, due to this gathering will lead to becoming legends.

Edited by Primal Slayer

He knows they become Legends, he's a time traveler. In the very first promo piece they put together. He tells them that they do defeat Vandal Savage. Which is probably what makes them Legends. They just aren't legends now. It's in the future they will be. That's why it's called Legends of Tomorrow. 

I wonder how he convinces the Time Masters that he needs the 8 misfits he puts together. They almost read like the Breakfast Club. A rich kid, a scientist, a mechanic, a criminal, a hothead, an assassin, a barista and a prince. 

Yeah, I get the impression that Rip doesn't bother to convince the Time Masters before he ran off to recruit them. 

• Love 1

Of course they will become legends, I want to know if they are legends before Rip encounters them and changes their potential futures. Just as Barrys future was changed by Thawne, he always was going to become The Flash but he wasn't going to become The Flash until later in life. Rip could've been lying to them initially which wouldn't be surprising since the Flarrowverse is all about secrets.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Their Time is Now is an in-depth look at the origin stories of the heroes and villains of the highly-anticipated new series, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, premiering Thursday, January 21, 2016 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT). Featuring show clips and interviews from “Legends,” Arrow and The Flash executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Phil Klemmer, and Wendy Mericle, ...

I guess since it's mid-season, TPTB thought it needed an extra promotional push -- even though it's been promoted since last spring.... I wonder what CBS thinks about the network quickly becoming a marketing vehicle for DC?

I can see it now:

Rip: Snart, you stole the Koh-I-Noor diamond? Where is it?

Cold: It's in Palmer's shorts, sir.

• Love 3

Wait, so Rip Hunter steals a time machine, runs away from the stuffy, robe wearing Time Masters, picks up some companions, and starts saving the world? I think I've heard this story somewhere before.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 7

Wait, so Rip Hunter steals a time machine, runs away from the stuffy, robe wearing Time Masters, picks ups some companions, and starts saving the world?. I think I've heard this story somewhere before.

Ding, ding, ding.   :D

• Love 2

Wait, so Rip Hunter steals a time machine, runs away from the stuffy, robe wearing Time Masters, picks ups some companions, and starts saving the world?. I think I've heard this story somewhere before.

It works for me.  :-)  Although I don't think my brain could handle Sara taking Rip home to meet Mom or to Nanda Parbat to meet the current RaG. 

• Love 1

Except Rip's first comics appearance was in 1959, so maybe we should hold a seance and ask Verity Lambert :)

Besides, the Doctor isn't known for picking up assassins as companions and getting into bar fights.

• Love 1