Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

BR panel at Rose City Comic Con (Sep. 19-20, 2015), talking about Superman, Ray Palmer/the Atom, Daniel Shaw, and other things...

Brandon Routh at Rose City Comic Con 2015 (Full Panel)
Published on Sep 27, 2015, by Rose City Comic Con

I have such issues with his hair. It looks like he got it from an eighties garage sale. It just lies there, unstlyled and untamed, both too long and too short to be ignored. I swear it's the style all the boys in my kindergarten class wore. I guess it's still better than an omnipresent beanie or baseball cap.

I think my complaint, shallow as it may sound, echoes back to frustrations I've had about these guys showing up at personal appearances (where they are the focus) and not putting in even the amount of effort on their appearance that I'd do for meeting friends at lunch or getting help with my taxes.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I thought this was funny

Supernatural pranked its new neighbours in Burnaby’s Canadian Motion Pictures Park today with a Welcome Freshman Class of Lucifer and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow banner. From Supernatural Season 11! That’s an image of Jensen Ackles hidden on the left and Jared Padalecki on the right.

Supernatural-banner-e.jpg

http://yvrshoots.com/2015/09/studio-supernatural-pranks-newcomers-lucifer-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-at-burnabys-canada-motion-picture-park.html#.VgtdiLpH2qQ

• Love 4

Season 11 must seem like an eon in the TV biz. 

Especially on a show like Supernatural where they don't have the luxury of replacing good portions of the cast like the medical, legal and crime shows can do. It really is an accomplishment.

• Love 2

Here's another picture of the welcoming CQMCMkLU8AAMQil.jpgfrom SPN. Dawwww...

Jensen Ackles ‏@JensenAckles 6h6 hours ago

Welcoming some new faces to the studio lot up here in Vancouver. #TheCW_Legends #LuciferonFox ...so  many actors :-/

1swC29S.jpg

• Love 2

Poor the Good guy actors bored on set tonight

12070844_1000844709938032_905576010_n.jp

https://instagram.com/p/8UghEdOGc_/

caitylotz: Our "green room" on the stage. They don't pay us to act they pay us to wait...

Yesterday Ciara posted a picture with her stunt woman

11849078_1503900316598218_2045954647_n.j

https://instagram.com/p/8Sgxv_D9up/

ciararenee8: Twins! #StuntTeam #100HappyDays #Day12

These really turned out huge >.< Should I put them to put them into a resizer and then relink?

Edited by tarotx

OK found out how to post Instagram pictures :) 12080431_1494524774177325_483211291_n.jp

Ciararenee8: So so so so happy to have such a talented, open, and hilarious cast to work with! Even if they totally out-smize you in pictures!

Edited by tarotx

Caity taught Victor Garber how to use Instagram and he's posting meme's of himself. It's adorable. 

OMG this is the greatest thing. I'm really looking forward to the Sara/Stein dynamic. I have high hopes for something Giles/Buffy-like.

• Love 6

I hope for that too. Sara could use a good mentor, that she hasn't slept with or is related to her. 

I could see Stein not liking her at first because of her reckless attitude and the things she's done, but then realize how much she's survived and respect her for it. 

• Love 2

I think that would be a cool dynamic.  I actually think that Stein has a more cold, pragmatic side to him, just based on his reactions to Ronnie right after they were first separated, so I could definitely see him having a lot of respect for Sara's ability to do what needs to be done.  

Then again, I suppose it'll depend on which version of Sara we get on this show...

• Love 1

So after seeing that Victor Garber was on Instagram I pretty much started following the whole cast and going back and checking out all their photos. About two weeks ago apparently there was a cast (and I imagine crew) hike up the side of the a mountain in Vancouver. (I think it's referred to as The Grind) Seems it kicked the asses of our future Hawkman, Rip Hunter and Jay Jackson (with him vowing never again). At first I thought it was the cast just walking to a shooting site but I'm thinking it was a team building exercise or something.

Things I also learned from my Instagram staking, Franz Drameh (Jay Jackson) has a very pretty singing voice as does the future Hawkgirl (I swear I learn all the names soon, I only remembered Franz since I had to look him up earlier today) So more proof somewhere down the line we NEED a DC TV Universe multi cast singing extravaganza!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Things I also learned from my Instagram staking, Franz Drameh (Jay Jackson) has a very pretty singing voice as does the future Hawkgirl (I swear I learn all the names soon, I only remembered Franz since I had to look him up earlier today)  So more proof somewhere down the line we NEED a DC TV Universe multi cast singing extravaganza! 

Ciara Renee is a Broadway actress and singer.  It would be fun to see her singing in an episode... maybe a jazz club in the past?  

• Love 3

Article on the casting of the CW actors. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-man-who-helped-build-the-cw#.au1DYox7Rd

Caity Lotz (Sara Lance, Arrow)

“That was a tough one because we were recasting the role of Sara Lance from the pilot,” he said. (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood originated the part.) “I had seen Caity on Mad Men a few years earlier and brought her in for 90210. She didn’t get that part. Then I brought her in for this and she didn’t get Sara right away, so we kept looking. But it was one of those things where I felt like, We have to go back to our initial instincts because she was so great. And now we’ve ended up building DC’s Legends of Tomorrow around her.

The bolded part stands out to me. Legends being built to be Sara's show, not the Atom's. 

• Love 2

I definitely think it will be more of an ensemble show than Arrow and the Flash. It's just interesting that the casting director said they built the idea of Legends around Sara/CL. For me that means that no other female character was ever in her place, she was who they wanted to lead the show. 

It will be interesting to see who gets first billing in the credits. 

My guess is that billing order will be alphabetical for the main cast, since they're trying to sell it as an ensemble show.  

I'm trying to take the whole "we built the show around her" thing with a grain of salt, because I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but that's definitely nice to see.

• Love 3

My guess is that billing order will be alphabetical for the main cast, since they're trying to sell it as an ensemble show.  

I'm trying to take the whole "we built the show around her" thing with a grain of salt, because I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but that's definitely nice to see.

I think alphabetical listing is the best way to go for an ensemble show. It shows respect for all of the actors. Every player is important in a well written ensemble show.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I think alphabetical listing is the best way to go for an ensemble show. It shows respect for all of the actors. Every player is important in a well written ensemble show.

Except Garber. Give him a "With Victor Garber" at the end. Respect your elders and all that. ;)

• Love 5

Isn't the "And" more important then "With". That usually comes before. 

I don't know if they'll do alphabetical, that would put Franz Drameh first and he's the least known one. Unless they go by First names than Brandon will be first. I think Routh or Lotz will be first, followed by Miller, everyone else then "And Victor Garber". 

Yes, it's an ensemble, but I do think BR, CL, VG and maybe WM are getting paid more than the others. 

Edited by Sakura12

He got an And VG on Alias

I'm OK with VG getting special billing if he wants it. He seems like a team player so he might not want it. But out of all of them I think he deserves it. :)

• Love 1

Some of this is spoilery but it's all coming out of NYCC 2015 (yesterday), so if it needs to be moved to the Spoilers thread, please feel free to do so...

Legends of Tomorrow NYCC 2015 Full Panel
Published on Oct 11, 2015, by Emergency Awesome

Brandon Routh Talks ‘Legends of Tomorrow’, the Concept of the Show & It’s Season Long Arc at NYCC
Published on Oct 12, 2015, by Collider Videos

6 things we learned from the Legends of Tomorrow New York Comic-Con panel
BY SHIRLEY LI  Posted October 11 2015 — 3:06 PM EDT
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/11/legends-of-tomorrow-new-york-comic-con?hootPostID=5de66fcb70973cbf2eb71bc8132ead00

'Legends of Tomorrow' Team Talks Vandal Savage, Resurrection and Romances
OCTOBER 11, 2015 12:31pm PT by Marisa Roffman
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-team-talks-vandal-831245?utm_source=twitter

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also a big no to the Ray/Sara pairing. There is no way Ray could handle Sara and I hope they don't try to force another Olicity like pairing with them. Where Ray is the light that Sara needs to heal her darkness. 

I can only maybe see Captain Cold and Sara having hate sex every once in awhile or because they are bored. 

• Love 1

I hope the only romantic pairing they force is Hawkman/Hawkgirl and that is only because there is some history that is organic to the characters that needs to be addressed & if there is chemistry pursued.

As for the other romantic pairings, I hope they just let the chemistry work itself out. If there is chemistry between 2 people then pursue it. But the characters and their narratives can be wide open, I don't think they need to bog themselves down in romantic pairings. As for the comments about people being stuck on a ship together, I could see how there might be sexual tension that causes "stuff" to happen.

Klemmer promises viewers will see romance on the show… though he won’t say between which characters. When an audience member asked the panel if the show will approach a will-they-won’t-they storyline between teammates like The Atom a.k.a. Ray Palmer (Routh) and White Canary a.k.a. the reincarnated Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), Klemmer kept mum on the specifics. “When people are on a vessel of any sort, you’ll see… any time you’re in a close life or death quarters, weird things happen between people,” he said. “So that was a ‘yes.’” Joked Darvill: “It’s pretty racy.”

Very interesting. 

I hope the only romantic pairing they force is Hawkman/Hawkgirl and that is only because there is some history that is organic to the characters that needs to be addressed & if there is chemistry pursued.

As for the other romantic pairings, I hope they just let the chemistry work itself out. If there is chemistry between 2 people then pursue it. But the characters and their narratives can be wide open, I don't think they need to bog themselves down in romantic pairings. As for the comments about people being stuck on a ship together, I could see how there might be sexual tension that causes "stuff" to happen.

There is a part of me that really can see how Sara and Ray would work but yeah, I totally agree, if it works and the chemistry is there, go for it!!  If not, abort, abort, abort!   DO NOT FORCE.

• Love 3

I'm also very against Ray/Sara. I don't really have any love for Ray and I emphatically don't want Olicity #2. I generally don't care for this type of dynamic anyway (at least most of the time).

I REALLY hope Hawkman and Hawkgirl will have some chemistry, because otherwise, I'm dreading this storyline (oh whom am I kidding, knowing how bad these writers are at romance, I'm dreading it anyway).

From group media interview with PK at NYCC 2015...

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Going All Out
By Garth Franklin  Tuesday October 13th 2015 04:03P
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/39454/dc-s-legends-sets-rules-going-all-out

'Legends of Tomorrow’ Boss Phil Klemmer Reveals Time Travel Rules
BY STEVE 'FROSTY' WEINTRAUB      21 HOURS AGO
http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-time-travel-rules/

Edited by tv echo

I think that LoT Ray is not going to feel like the Ray that started out on Arrow.  I think we will get the best version of him, rather than the early misfire.  I'm good to give that guy a blank slate and see how the characters work off of each other.

• Love 2

I think Ray and Sara could be hilarious together!  In a fun, flirty, nothing too serious kind of way. 

But I don't want any "soul mate" matches the first season.  That's why I'm glad that - as far as I know - outside of Hawkman/Hawkgirl there are no comic book iconic pairings with this crew. I'd prefer it if all "romantic" scenes were basically for "cover" and everything else is just sub-textual flirting.  Because really - while I know "romance" actually kind of comes with the territory in a comic book story, there is something to be said for just playing it all as an action comedy with just a tad bit of flirting on the side.

I just can't see Sara being fun and flirty, if the EP's 3 are saying she's haunted and lethal. 

I'm okay for Sara just using him for sex, however I also hope she can find some women for that as well. 

• Love 2

I just can't see Sara being fun and flirty, if the EP's 3 are saying she's haunted and lethal. 

I'm okay for Sara just using him for sex, however I also hope she can find some women for that as well.

Same. Why can't Sara be with women?

Same. Why can't Sara be with women?

She can, just not from the regular cast since there are only two women so unless Kedra is looking for some fun before getting serious with destiny, than all Sara can have is one episode stands or flirt with a male cast member.

I don't expect that Sara would heavily flirt but even lethal and haunted, Sara will smile sometimes.  It's who she is.  I have bigger hopes on first establishing some friendships for her than a romance.  I want her to have a nice paternal thing with Stein and be amused by Ray and occasionally take the wind out of his sails when he gets a bit pompous and I want her to haze the heat mister (I need to learn his name) and be disturbed by how often she agrees with Captn Cold and think Rip is insane and be more than a bit wistful and just a tad envious that the Hawks have that kind of destined love.   

I'm just really looking forward to Sara.  She is wonderfully complex.

Ray I am looing forward to as well since I think he has a chance to redeem himself as an interesting and fun character in a way he only just started to on Arrow.  Stein is already awesome and he and Ray butting heads will be wonderful.  I'm less certain of what to expect from the rest of the cast. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I think the fated lovers angle is one reason I was...maybe still am....dismayed by the addition of Hawkman to the cast. These writers don't have the best track record with their "iconic" comic pairings right now. Why not just have the ensemble cast and see what develops?

Plus, well. I binge-watched Justice League/JLU over the summer. And while I know that Kendra Sanders is not the same character as Shayera Hol, I just keep thinking, that Hawkgirl didn't need Hawkman to be an interesting character on her own, why does this one?

• Love 4