Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

If they ever - EVER - kill Sara again I am so gone.  I'm not counting in episode reversed deaths.  I usually don't have to make that kind of caveat but we are dealing with time travel.  I guess that's my only current deal breaker, otherwise even if it's a monster of a mess, I think it will be a rollicking ride. 

• Love 4

Phil Klemmer interview from TCA

With Legends of Tomorrow being on The CW, will there be any romance?

Absolutely. I mean, there’ll be more sex than romance, but eventually, there’s the possibility of romance.

Honestly, I'm surprised even by the sex.  I wonder if LoT will air at a later hour than Arrow or The Flash.  Get more room to wiggle for violence too. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It's the CW; they only have 2 hours of primetime. I don't think the time slot really factors into content of the show.

But speaking of time slots, where would they put this in the schedule?  I think Tues. and Wed. are a lock. Fridays? (After ANTM has finished.)

Edited by Trini

Sex makes more sense than romance. I imagine the sex takes place with the people they meet in the different time periods. I could see Sara hooking up with men or women in the different places they go to.  I would say Nyssa but apparently Nyssa belongs to Laurel now. And whatever they do with Hawkgirl and Hawkman. 

As for the rest, Captain Cold seems kind of asexual to me, Heatwave maybe, Ray I think will be busy trying to find a way to save his wife in the past. And I have no idea about the mystery guy since we nothing about him. 

So with Hawkguy a regular that's going to be a huge cast. I worry about Hawkgirl being just a love intetest now. And I worry about Sara's screen time. She is the reason I'm watching Lot. Though I am looking forward to Hawkgirl As well.

• Love 1

There is starting to be too many men on Legends. Sara and Kendra better have a lot of screentime then. 

My thoughts as well. Did they look at the cast of eight with only 2 women and decide, hey, I know what we need. More dudes.

• Love 4

They should just bring VIxen into live action. Instead of hiring another guy. Hawkman isn't necessary so early. He could've showed up later after hearing about a girl with wings helping save the world. 

I'm also hoping that with that many men that it's one or two of them that don't make it or get stuck in time. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm hoping a few of the guys get taken out. Top of my list is Heatwave, although after watching the video from SDCC I feel kind of bad about that - Dominic Purcell seems pretty cool in RL. I just don't like his character.

Yeah It seems so since MG tweeted the comic resource headline and the link to their article.

:( I thought he was just going to be recurring. I'm sorry. If we didn't have so many guys on the show already I might feel differently, but we already have too many male characters as it is, and I feel like having him as a regular runs the risk of making it more about him than about Kendra, and I'd rather focus more on her.

I wouldn't worry about it so much, but I think on both Arrow and Flash the writers have showed a worrying tendency to make the female characters' stories revolve around supporting the male characters' stories. I don't think they will do that with Sara so much, but I am worried about Kendra now. I'm not really wanting another Ronnie/Caitlin situation.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

It's the CW; they only have 2 hours of primetime. I don't think the time slot really factors into content of the show.

But speaking of time slots, where would they put this in the schedule?  I think Tues. and Wed. are a lock. Fridays? (After ANTM has finished.)

there has been talk of putting a show on a longer mid season hiatus and putting LoT there but no details on which show. Also, Supernatural regularly shows more violence than Arrow as does The 100. I don't think it's an accident that the are not on at the earlier hour.

So with Hawkguy a regular that's going to be a huge cast. I worry about Hawkgirl being just a love intetest now. And I worry about Sara's screen time. She is the reason I'm watching Lot. Though I am looking forward to Hawkgirl As well.

I think Hawkman will be one of the team members to die so I don't think we have to worry about him cluttering up the clubhouse for long. I have predictions about Heatwave as well. Maybe stuck on past for him rather than death.

• Love 1

Gotta agree with @BkWurm1, a show airing at 9p by censors is allowed to show more sexual & violent content. That being said, the writers could write a story the way they want & then have the editors worry about the censors if the show gets a 8p slot.

Personally, I think the writers & TPTB want a more adult show so I think it will secure a 9p slot. Judging from the current CW fall line-up my guess is Mon or Fri night. Or they will move Supernatural to Fri (that fandom will follow its show anywhere, and I think it had good numbers when it was on Fri before, if I remember correctly). That will allow LoT to slide into its Weds slot to build an audience from the ARROW lead. I

I don't think Flash is a good lead off because it hasn't proven what audience numbers it will bring in s2. More importantly though, i think IZombie is too new to move its slot around in s2, so the Tues 9p slot is not ideal IMO for LoT . Plus having LoT as the last show of the week for DCtv universe is a perfect way to end any crossovers. So another reason I think it will not be Tues.

• Love 1

It's funny for me being in the Central time zone when people talk about a show being too dark for 8pm, I'm like it's 7pm here. Lol. Then all the shows are done by 10pm when the news starts. 

The 100 went pretty dark (with the lead character committing genocide) and I think that started at 8pm for us. I wouldn't mind Legends being the more adult show of the three by starting at the later hour. 

• Love 1

It's funny for me being in the Central time zone when people talk about a show being too dark for 8pm, I'm like it's 7pm here. Lol. Then all the shows are done by 10pm when the news starts. 

The 100 went pretty dark (with the lead character committing genocide) and I think that started at 8pm for us. I wouldn't mind Legends being the more adult show of the three by starting at the later hour. 

Yeah, Central Time Zone here too.  You'll notice I avoided ever mentioning the time, lol. 

Yep, The 100 started at 8. 

I heard that the LoT people are finally getting scripts.  Caity Lotz was Tweeting about it.  I wonder if TPTB would at this point know if they were at the earlier or later hour. 

Hey, West Coast people, what time does Arrow or Flash start for you guys? 

(edited)

I still don't think the timeslot would change anything much, especially when it comes to writing/scripts. If anything, any changes for the network would be made in the editing stage.

(I keep thinking of Prison Break on Fox(which also had only two hours of primetime), which aired at 8pm for years, but the showrunners had made it their mission to get away with as much as possible!)

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

From what I've seen on social media, they could have time to do some filming before this event. Or, they could have filmed more when they did the earlier spot. But those are just possibilities and I don't know for sure.

From a recent interview with Rick Haskins, EVP for Marketing and Digital Programs, The CW...

Do you have a premiere date for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow yet?
Not yet, but it will be a midseason launch. We’re still trying to figure that out. We have traditionally launched midseason shows in January and March.

Will Legends be integrated into Flash and Arrow to the degree that Flash and Arrow are integrated?
I don’t want to spoil it, but if you look at past Flash and Arrow episodes, a lot of characters from Legends of Tomorrow have been in a lot of episodes of those two shows.

CW EXECUTIVE RICK HASKINS TALKS ‘VIXEN,’ THEIR NEW DIGITAL-ONLY EXTENSION OF THE DC COMICS UNIVERSE
By Scott Porch  September 1, 2015 // 10:00am
http://decider.com/2015/09/01/vixen-cw-seed/

Edited by tv echo

LoT at NY Comic-Con...

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11
1:30 p.m. (Empire Stage) Warner Bros. Television Takeover: Join stars and producers from five Warner Bros. Television series — Gotham, Supergirl, Blindspot, Person of Interest and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — for exclusive footage, a pilot screening and a Q&A on the Empire Stage.
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A – When heroes alone are not enough … the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront the immortal threat of Vandal Savage. Attendees will be treated to a sneak peek at upcoming footage from the show, followed and Q&A with series stars Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who), Caity Lotz (Arrow), Ciara Renée and executive producers Phil Klemmer (The Tomorrow People) and Glen Winter (Arrow). From Berlanti Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will premiere Midseason on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWLegendsOfTomorrow and follow the show on Twitter at @TheCW_Legends.

Warner Bros. Announces New York Comic-Con Schedule
Posted by Robert Fruin at Wednesday, September 09, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/09/warner-bros-announces-new-york-comic.html

Edited by tv echo

Hawkguy is making his debut in the Flarrow cross over. And yeah he will take away from not Hawkgirl. I know their stories are linked but I'm still bitter having a 10th leading character.

Sara, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Cold, Heat,Rip, Stein, Jay Jackson, Palmer and the bad guy Vandal.

Edited by tarotx

And Hawkman's mace needs to be bigger. [That's what she said...::snicker::]

In all seriousness, his mace is too small.  Maybe he's holding hers?

I see they got rid of Sara's cleavage and gave it to Hawkgirl. 

Someone on tumblr said it looks like Sara is cosplaying as Kim Possible. haha

Untitled_zpshfxr32f4.jpg

She could have a worse role model.  :)

I loved that show. 

olicity-i-believe-in-you asked:

Hi Marc! Quick question about Legends : if you guys started filming the pilot today, where is the footage we saw in the Legends teaser from? Is it from the crossover that will launch Legends? Thanks a million and good luck with the workload - you are a machine!!

We did a special two-day shoot last year just for the promo.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/129197514989/hi-marc-quick-question-about-legends-if-you#notes

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Beat me to it. Haha

I guess they are getting CGI wings. 

IMHO, Hawkman/Hawkgirl run a huge risk of looking improbable or even silly.   The wings required huge suspension of disbelief in the comic books, but on film?  Guess we'll find out.

Edited by millennium
Casper Crump ‏@caspercrump

I cought my friend between takes! @thefalk #Hawkman #nohelmet #behindthescenes #LegendsOfTomorrow #caspercrump

CPNF3yOUkAAbnq_.jpg

11:08 AM - 18 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/caspercrump/status/644936002243461120

Casper Crump ‏@caspercrump

Legendary night out! @caitylotz @RapaportCasting @OfficialfranzD @CiaraRenee8 #yaletown #nightlife #VandalSavage

CPXXljFUAAAgOX7.jpg

11:01 AM - 20 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/caspercrump/status/645659171099049984

There's a saying that people with larger heads look better on TV.  I think that helmetless-Hawkman photo bears that out, in that one should not be photographed in a costume with large shoulder pads that make one's head look tiny. Or maybe just don't let immortal despots take your photo.