Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Well it looks like Sara will have interactions with all the characters (Maybe not HM). I wonder who won't have early scenes together. PK was pretty Gitty about new dynamics happening as late as episode 6?

It brings a tear to my eye that Sara gets the hero label. And survivor as well. I love seeing her smile about saving the world. If the Arrow death is a Lance it's going rip her raw.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I loved that Sara got Survivor. She is, she survived more than most people will survive in 5 lifetimes. 

I love that she's getting to have fun and smile, the poor girl deserves all the happiness she can get. (until they kill off someone in her family). 

We know Sara has scenes with Rip, Cold and Heatwave, Stein (old and young), Jax, Ray and Kendra. That's why I'm thinking Hawkman is going to be the first death of a teammate. We'll see him in his past incarnations. 

• Love 2

It brings a tear to my eye that Sara gets the hero label. And survivor as well. I love seeing her smile about saving the world. If the Arrow death is a Lance it's going rip her raw.

Ooh!  Maybe that could be the thing that she wants to go back in time and change, the death of ....(Insert Lance name).  I swear anything else in her past is an impossible tangle of threads that can't be pulled or they mess up the time line of both Arrow and Flash too much (Barry likely would not have been in his office waiting for the lighting if he hadn't been kept extra time in Starling to save Oliver's life)  But they could have her go after something hasn't even happened yet. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Are those all from the pilot though? They have filmed 8 episodes already.

And that one looks like a mix of all the other promos with some new voice overs.

Edited by Sakura12

I loved that we can see Caity doing all the fighting! 

Well Sara got those two on her side, she likes to have fun and fight like they do. I still love Snart just standing there holding her beer. Even Rory is fine with letting Sara take care of it. Then gladly joins in when she asks. 

• Love 2

I love how everyone is ragging on this show because ONE reviewer hated it. I've seen others say it was enjoyable, but a pilot. Which imo are rarely good or the best episode. That's why they are not even given titles most of the time. Everyone knows they are nothing but set up and info dumps. I never judge a show by it's pilot. If I did I would have nothing to watch on tv. 

I think I'm going to stay out of the Arrow boards since I'm probably not watching it anymore, nothing on that show really interests me. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Yeah I'm guilty of allowing the negativity to affect me. Most of the stuff has been good. Minus the Hawks (and even them I may gravitate toward the bad things because of my own Flash/Arrow Hawk issues. ) and #tvpilotproblems. 

• Love 1

I love how everyone is ragging on this show because ONE reviewer hated it. I've seen others say it was enjoyable, but a pilot. Which imo are rarely good or the best episode. That's why they are not even given titles most of the time. Everyone knows they are nothing but set up and info dumps. I never judge a show by it's pilot. If I did I would have nothing to watch on tv. 

I think I'm going to stay out of the Arrow boards since I'm probably not watching it anymore, nothing on that show really interests me.

For me, it's an absolute lack of trust of the people making this show to: a) write a decent episode, and b) not screw over the characters I love for the hell of it. That bar fight scene did a lot to reassure me that, despite whatever issues the pilot might have, they haven't completely screwed the pooch here.

I remain concerned about the Hawks. Neither of those two can act, and their story is ridiculously bad. I'm less concerned about Ray. I didn't watch season 3 of Arrow after Sara died, so I have no real issue with him, as long as they don't try to present him as the lead of this ensemble cast.

• Love 1

I'm not that concerned with the people making the show because they got some great writers from other shows that had an ensemble cast, Chuck and Forever. Forever also had a past and present storylines that were flowed well together. While those other people are still involved they are not the only ones. 

I have no opinion Ray either since I didn't watch season 3 of Arrow either. I think this show they will be making fun of each other which will help soften some of the characters. The Hawks while not impressive are not the only characters on the show. There are tons of others. I put up with Laurel for over 2 seasons and I don't hate the Hawks as much as I hate her yet. 

Plus there's her. 

tumblr_o0rhwi6Rgt1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

I'm not going to let one reporters review sour my excitement for this show.

Plus as Sakura12 said, there's Sara.

• Love 2

That gif is perfect.

But I have to say, it's not just one critic who was iffy on the pilot, I've seen some very mixed reactions from others too. Still think I'm going to enjoy the hell out of the show anyway.

• Love 1

I wasn't wowed by Arrow until season 2 (and even then it didn't last) and by Flash, well, never, which is why I'm quite skeptical of the critical reception. As long as they get my favorites right and don't bore me with the plots it'll be OK. Although I hope for more than OK TBH.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

The first few episodes of Supergirl was kind of bumpy too but I think it's great now.  I already know I'm watching the whole season.  There will be good and bad stuff but the good will be very good, I just have a feeling.  ;)

I have no opinion Ray either since I didn't watch season 3 of Arrow either

I did watch season three and honestly, by the end of the season, he was a lot of fun.  Even those that refuse to forget his more problematic introduction (on principle) agreed they finally figured out how to write him.  Ray will do just fine.  He'll bring the earnest campy comedy and also, I think he'll do the more serious scenes justice too.   

• Love 2

News reports on LoT that came out of the 2016 TCA press tour...

How The CW's Time-Traveling DC's Legends of Tomorrow Will Intersect With Arrow and The Flash
by Kaitlin Thomas | Jan 10, 2016 5:06 PM EST
http://www.tvguide.com/news/legends-of-tomorrow-arrow-the-flash-crossover-the-cw/?ftag=twtrsoshares

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW IS KEEPING THE STAKES HIGH
10 JAN 2016  BY TERRI SCHWARTZ
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/10/legends-of-tomorrow-is-keeping-the-stakes-high

CW PRESIDENT: "LEGENDS OF TOMORROW" IS "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY" MEETS "DOCTOR WHO"
13 hours ago Brendan McGuirk
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/legends-of-tomorrow-producers-show-mixes-dysfunctional-family-with-dirty-dozen

Greg Berlanti on ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’: ‘It’s a Dysfunctional Family
JANUARY 10, 2016 | 11:55AM PT  Maureen Ryan
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-berlanti-1201676247/

• Love 2

Fun and entertaining is all I'm looking for with this show. Seeing the characters interact with more than just drama and action is what I'm hoping to see.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

"Thick does that mean stupid?"

This is show is more like Guardians of the Galaxy than any Justice League. Mick is Dax. "Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast I will catch it"

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

"Can I burn some stuff now?"

"I wish you would"

OMG, I'm going to love Heatwave! And Cold and Heatwave, and Sara/Cold/Heatwave!

ETA:

Have they done Cold's character promo yet?

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-universe-online-expands-with-legends-of-tomorrow-dlc-xbox-one-edition

Obviously, the "Legends of Tomorrow" Episode is related to the upcoming TV show, which is a spin-off of "Arrow" and "The Flash." But how does the game's Episode connect to the TV show?

In Episode 21, one part, "The Final Piece," introduces a mysterious Time Traveler that is putting together a team for an urgent mission. Like the TV series, this mystery figure is recruiting heroes and villains. Episode 21 features Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Captain Cold and Heat Wave, but it also introduces the Atom to the game. The coolest part of all this, though, is that this hero/villain team in the game also features the player character, meaning players will basically get to become a Legend of Tomorrow too.

I did know they plan each season to self contained. I only really care about Sara staying on for me to watch :p She can link to the rumored Constantine because he returned her soul. I do think this is what they plan with Vixen to be added to a magic centric season.  Hawkgirl has some magic in her past as well. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2016/01/10/Tuned-In-The-CW-introduces-comic-book-Legends/stories/201601110035

Leonard Snart (aka Captain Cold) is among the future legends, played by 1990 Quaker Valley High School grad Wentworth Miller. Fans will need to enjoy his presence while it lasts.

“My commitment to this show is not long-term,” Mr. Miller said today. “I don’t expect to be playing this character forever and that’s in line with the original concept of ‘Legends,’ which is this revolving door drama. Characters are meant to move in and out. No one is here permanently.”

Edited by tarotx

That's like the Lego Batman game where you can unlock Arrows, Oliver, Felicity, Roy, Diggle, Slade and Sara's Canary. 

Wentworth is also doing the Prison Break revival. However I don't think they should be that set on changing the entire cast. This isn't a cartoon, people don't watch tv to see new actors every season. I also think they should see how the show does before planning another season.

Edited by Sakura12

I don't play video games so I have no idea. From my son I know it's a free to play but have pay add on's or you can get a subscription. He's still really early in the game though.

Edited by tarotx

From that Post-Gazette article I posted earlier. I didn't want to quote a large chunk of the article in the op because it's short (though has some stuff about another show as well). It's going to be interesting seeing Heat find his way and Cold destabilize. I really wanted more about Cold (past one season). I wanted his sister to join the cast. Maybe on Flash. Cold can come back and guest after they leave to do Prison break or whatever. 

Snart was introduced last season on “The Flash” alongside Mick Rory/Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell, Mr. Wentworth’s “Prison Break” co-star) with Snart as the brains and Rory as the brawn, but on “Legends” that relationship will change.

“[snart] starts to rely on that heavily so that when that changes and Mick starts to evolve and change as well, that’s destabilizing to Snart,” Mr. Miller said. “To take a character who’s cool, calm and collected and move into new territory where he’s coming apart at the edges is interesting as an actor.”  

I'm looking forward to seeing Heatwave grow as a character and how it effects Snart. He's used to being in charge of him and with a team Heatwave no longer needs just him. 

I already like that Snart and Mick respect Sara's skills and let her do her thing with smiles on their faces. And Sara knows to let them join in the fun of a bar fight. They would of course gravitate towards each other being the "bad" ones of the group but it will be interesting to see that dynamic change as the series goes on. 

I also love the continuation of people liking and respecting Sara. It's like people can't help but like her, Dr. Ivo and Nyssa became attached to her and I'm sure even if Stein and Ray don't like her at first, I can see them warming up to her quicker than with Cold and Heatwave. 

Here's a Who is your favorite superhero/heroine of DC TV (not including Gotham)? poll on SpoilerTV

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/usd-poll-who-is-your-favorite.html

Oliver's winning and Sara's slightly behind Barry in 3rd place. I like that three woman heroes are in the top 5 (even if I don't like one of them)

Edited by Sakura12

If they switch up the entire cast next season than I will only be watching one season of this show. I don't watch tv to see new characters every season. 

They are lucky to be premiering this season IMO, most of the new shows this season have been disappointments or only vaguely interesting. I gave up on all the new shows I started and have been sticking with my old ones. 

I don't think they will change the whole cast. I also think that each season has to feature at least one of the 8/9 Legends. If Magic is the centric arc for Next season I can see why Cold&Heatwave aren't there. 

I suppose that's why Constantine and Vixen being added is being thrown around. While I'd miss Cold, I can handle him, Heatwave and Hawkman leaving especially if they even out the genders a bit more. If it's magic next season then Zatanna should show up. Although it would be cheaper to have Lady Blackhawk, but for that they need to find another martial arts trained actress. 

• Love 1

I don't think they will change the whole cast. I also think that each season has to feature at least one of the 8/9 Legends. If Magic is the centric arc for Next season I can see why Cold&Heatwave aren't there.

I don't buy the rumors that were posted about Constantine and all the other stuff that was said on Thanksgiving. I don't think Cold and Heatwave are gone after this season. All the negotiating for WM and DP between WB and Fox for Prison Break IMO means they will at least be back for a second season of Legends should it happen.