Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I just can't see Sara being fun and flirty, if the EP's 3 are saying she's haunted and lethal.

I'm okay for Sara just using him for sex, however I also hope she can find some women for that as well.

I'm not ok with Sara being with Ray in any way, shape, or form. I'd rather she stay dead than see her with him. Let her use Snart for sex if she has to. Edited by Proteus

I don't really think Sara is going to get in bed with any of them right away, though if she did - I think Cold would be the best candidate for a one night stand. When I said fun flirty - I meant more along the lines of Natasha and Steve in the second Captain America movie.  I can totally see Sara kissing Ray to avoid getting "made" and him having a look of total confusion on his face. That kind of thing.

• Love 2

Has anyone here watched Dark Matter? I've suddenly remembered the horrible romance subplot in that show with One and Two. For those who've missed it, One was a somewhat milquetoast-y designated hero who was the only non-criminal in a team of (former) bad guys. He (of course) had a dead wife whom he was trying to avenge, and also was a billionaire who knowingly thrust himself into danger. Two was a badass anti-hero fighter who was completely inexplicably attracted to One. And then they've started making it a love triangle with an expy of Jayne Cobb from Firefly (seriously, that dude was a complete carbon copy, but at least he was fun).

Anyway, I've started thinking about the possibility of Sara/Ray and this whole situation just came alive in my mind. Please, no.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I have issues with Brandon as a love interest but if they work it in slowly to see how it clicks I might be able to deal with Ray with Sara (even with the high school partner switch aspect).  Although I see Sara more as the type to have lovers and friends and not be in a relationship. If Sara&Ray both make it to season 2 (Sara better) than maybe I see them trying to make a relationship out of them (if the chem and dynamics work) but season 1 should really have Sara be more like Constantine except assassin instead of demon hunter. A bit lost, loose and needing people to help her stay present/grounded). 

I just love the potential in Sara's story.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-sara-lance/

"Her story is really a simple one. It's her trying to regain her humanity, trying to find a human connection," Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer says. "It's kind of this paradox that she's selected for the team because she's this ruthless, cold-blooded assassin and what she really wants is to feel again. And these two things are at odds."

• Love 4

Since CL and BR did a movie together, that might help their chemistry. But I still don't think Ray is Sara's type. I suppose we've only seen her with Oliver and Nyssa, but those two are nothing like Ray even Oliver pre-Gambit. 

Since CL and BR did a movie together, that might help their chemistry. But I still don't think Ray is Sara's type. I suppose we've only seen her with Oliver and Nyssa, but those two are nothing like Ray even Oliver pre-Gambit. 

They'll probably use this as the reason they're "meant to be" (ugh). I'll take a Nyssa/Oliver type over Ray any day (although I have my issue with Nyssa/Sara relationship because of Nyssa's actions in Heir to the Demon).

I don't think what TPTB have released to the media any information that implies a relationship between SL and anyone. I think they are being very coy about a lot of information. From my interpretation, it looks like there might be hook-ups and interesting connections, classic stuff happens on a ship trope. But I don't think they have solidified any official or unofficial couples. I'm just gonna wait until the show or at least some clips air before I try to make more out the little tidbits of info they have released.

• Love 1

Has anyone here watched Dark Matter? I've suddenly remembered the horrible romance subplot in that show with One and Two. For those who've missed it, One was a somewhat milquetoast-y designated hero who was the only non-criminal in a team of (former) bad guys. He (of course) had a dead wife whom he was trying to avenge, and also was a billionaire who knowingly thrust himself into danger. Two was a badass anti-hero fighter who was completely inexplicably attracted to One. And then they've started making it a love triangle with an expy of Jayne Cobb from Firefly (seriously, that dude was a complete carbon copy, but at least he was fun).

Anyway, I've started thinking about the possibility of Sara/Ray and this whole situation just came alive in my mind. Please, no.

I came to really enjoy Dark Matter but yeah, they sooo stole things from Firefly.  The love triangle was weird and weak (so was One too often) Thankfully I don't think Ray will come off as weak as that guy.  (Also thankfully the triangle in Dark Matter seemed to end quickly) 

Edited by BkWurm1

I'm just hoping they don't use that movie as an excuse to put them together. Ray doesn't seem like Sara's type pre-death and even more in her new after death state. Ray also doesn't seem the type for causal hook ups. I can still only see Capt. Cold and Sara having hate sex. Where they don't get along out in the field then ravage each other back on the ship, then leave to sleep in their own rooms. 

I also hope that if Sara hooks up with any of the men that they also have her flirt and hook up with women. I don't want them ignoring that she's Bi. She's the first Bisexual Super Hero on tv. 

Edited by Sakura12

I'm not against something eventually happening with Ray and Sara but I wouldn't worry about the movie being a reason why it would or wouldn't happen.  Those are two completely different characters. 

Our Sara is going to be as traumatized as she's ever been and we don't even know the state of mind Ray will be since we don't know what he's been through.  IF we ever go to the point were Sara could smile that easily, letting her guard down, it would be a lovely thing.  She'll smile, but not without that ever present shadow behind her eyes.  So that clip is something I don't think we are anywhere close to being a reality in this show, not yet.  Not for a long time. 

Answered my own question. Currently in that same market, Flash airs Wednesday and Arrow on Thursday.

So guessing based on that, the LoT should air on Tuesdays in the U.S. Market, likely after Flash. As predicted.

• Love 1

"DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW" SHOWRUNNER FEELS AT HOME WITH FLAWED HEROES

What do you like about the mix of characters on this show? It's an eclectic, kind of random cast in that this is a team that was never a group that was in a comic together; it's characters from all over DC put together for the first time.

And I really like how we justify that in the pilot, although I don't want to give away the secret. To me, those are the sort of heroes that really interest me -- the underdog versions. Superman's awesome, but he doesn't have problems that I can relate to. I like the f-up heroes, and the sort of crooked heroes, and to combine them and watch them bump up against each other -- that's a recipe for TV that's fun to write. I came up writing shows that are based on flawed people, like "Veronica Mars" and "Chuck." That's what I'm good at. Those are the kinds of people I relate to.

What can you share about the villain of the first season, Vandal Savage?

With Vandal, with any villain, the trick is always to find somebody commensurately evil or formidable. We have an ensemble of eight-plus heroes -- you have to come up with a version of the antichrist if you want it to feel like it's anywhere close to being an even challenge between the black hats and the white hats; although in truth most of our guys are sort of gray hats. Coming up with an immortal seemed like the only way that we could have a bad guy who matched our team.

Will there be more female superheroes introduced to the team?

I was just thinking about that. I was doing the math -- it does feel like we have a need for some double-X chromosome ass-kickery, although I will say that the two women we do have can certainly hold their own, and make up for their numbers with their strength of personality and pure strength.

In terms of scale, "Arrow" is very urban and "Flash" is mostly grounded in one location -- how different is this?

This is real different. It takes place on a spaceship that travels through time, and arrives in different eras and locations. It is sort of divided into chapters that are serialized. It's not episodic, bad guy of the week, it is two or three or four episodes in a time period.

We want to do the greatest hits of the 20th century. Without giving away spoilers, it's like, if you had a time machine, where would you go? Where would you intervene? Trying to imagine Vandal Savage as the devil in "Sympathy for the Devil" -- imagining that this guy's been going through history, dipping his fingers in human events, and steering the course of history for his own evil purposes.

That's the fun of our show; trying to find him and intercept him at these points in history where the balance seemed tipped, whether that's Cold War, nuclear annihilation or World War II fascism, you name it. If bad s-h-star-star was happening, Vandal was there. The fun of our show is encountering him in these iconic, 20th century crucible moments.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-showrunner-feels-at-home-with-flawed-heroes

• Love 3

I came up writing shows that are based on flawed people, like "Veronica Mars" and "Chuck." That's what I'm good at. Those are the kinds of people I relate to.

I find this very reassuring.  VMars and Chuck sometimes suffered plot problems sometimes, but I always loved the characters. 

• Love 3
Legends of Tomorrow - Premiere Date Announced

Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, November 20, 2015 216 Comments

Thanks to Sparky for the heads up.

At the recent Payley Festival interview Legends of Tomorrow will premiere on Thursday 21st January. No details on which timeslot it will get.

Interview starts at around the 1hr mark.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/11/legends-of-tomorrow-premiere-date.html

This works for me since currently I don't watch anything on Thursday's.

If the 100 airs after it, that will be even better. Thursday will be my must watch tv night. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Sweet! The only Thursday show I've been watching is Heroes Reborn, only out of loyalty to HRG, and I don't even watch it until the weekend. It'll be nice to have a reason to watch tv on Thursdays again.

I also like the confidence the CW is showing with the placement.

• Love 1

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall." Nice that one of the CW shows actually gets to drop a reference like that.

So we just get our first Superman and Batman reference and them being out there in the universe. 

That's why we got our first real reference in that trailer. Batman and Superman exist and have fallen. That's why I kind of like that Rip probably tried with the heavy hitters and they failed so now he's going to try with rag tag team of heroes, villains and anti-heroes. They are all going to bring something different to the table. And be harder to wrangle in. 

Also is this bloodlust Sara? Or does Rip send her to assassinate someone? Which could be interesting if Rip has Sara on side missions to quell her bloodlust by killing Vandal Savage's people he uses to gain his power. 

tumblr_nyalhnGEGh1u27r1bo3_400.gif

• Love 3

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall." Nice that one of the CW shows actually gets to drop a reference like that.

And that green rock Cold is looking at, guessing it's kryptonite.

Edited by Jediknight

I wonder if it's really going to be as action-packed as the trailer suggests?

Even though I like most of these characters, it's the new ones that are really going to have to sell me on this show -- specifically, Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage.

Edited by Trini

I have the feeling I'm going to love Rip and I don't even know the actor from Dr. Who.  There is just something about him that makes me want to get to know him now.  And I can't say how much I loved the reference to Superman and Batman.  I mean Rip is from 150 years in the future and I believe Vandal Savage does - at one point - destroy the Justice League in the comics - so this plot really does work for me.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

I wonder if it's really going to be as action-packed as the trailer suggests?

Even though I like most of these characters, it's the new ones that are really going to have to sell me on this show -- specifically, Rip Hunter and Vandal Savage.

I'm already sold on Rip. I did know the actor from Dr Who but he might as well be brand new. This is NOT Rory from DW at all.

I have a good feeling about the actor that plays Savage but that still leaves the writing to fail him, lol.

I'm loving the look and tone so far. Also, I'll be petty and point out that Oliver is shown in the trailer rather than Barry. (I know, I know, he'll show up later) nice to see a little love tossed to the OG. :)

Yup, I'm doubling down on the Laurel Lance on LoT being a totally different character than the one in Arrow.

• Love 2