Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I too noticed that gave a small nod to Oliver in that trailer (and Laurel).  Barry was featured in other trailers though so I'm sure we'll see him.  Not sure how I feel about Hawkman being around for a long time.  I kind of wanted Kendra single.  We need another woman stat.

• Love 2

Supergirl isn't in the same universe (yet anyway).

My gut feeling is that Supergirl is on what I think of as "Earth-K" relative to the Earths 1 and 2 of the CW shows.  Gotham, if we accept that it takes place in the past, could be on any of the Earths or its own (I strongly doubt we'll get to see that one crossover with the Berlanti shows, ever).  Rip, we don't know... he may or may not have between-worlds travel capability on top of time travel.

I too noticed that gave a small nod to Oliver in that trailer (and Laurel).  Barry was featured in other trailers though so I'm sure we'll see him.  Not sure how I feel about Hawkman being around for a long time.  I kind of wanted Kendra single.  We need another woman stat.

FWIW, Hawkman's actor still wasn't listed as a regular in the press release, even though he was positioned that way in the promo.
  • Love 2

The Arrow EPs must be spitting blood that they had to give over Sara for Buckles.

Serves them right. They were the ones that chose to kill her for Buckles. They discarded SL like trash. It's classic one man's trash is another man's treasure. And I don't think LoT will squander it from the clips so far. Arrow most definitely got the short end of the stick, but that is all on the Arrow EPs.

• Love 3

I'll love it if Sara's the spy of the group, as an assassin she's trained to go in unnoticed and blend in. It'll be more fun with the different decades. 

I will also love if they go around them saying what they can do and what their powers are, then they look to Sara and ask why she's special and she just says  "Me? I was murdered last year. Does that count?". 

• Love 2

Maybe they think that Arthur Darvill isn't famous enough to American audiences to justify a bigger spot?  It has been a few years since he left Doctor Who.  For what it's worth he's also the only character who hasn't made an appearance in either of the other shows.

• Love 2

I don't know at the con in Peru she said it's hard to move in the leather costumes, it's probably easier to fight without a tight jacket on. 

Don't know what's going on with her hair though. If you want it out of your face put it up. 

• Love 1

She probably had it up but took it down so it still has the product in it. I think Caity doesn't wear the white Canary costume much. She's more under cover or living it up in time period costumes for most of what we have seen in the previews. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Having her arms unencumbered would be an asset for Caity in her action scenes and, if she does enough of them, she shouldn't be too cold.  I think she was cold in the corset because it just exposed cleavage, which she (presumably, I don't know her life) doesn't use in stunt work.  That said, I do hope they keep everyone properly clothed and warm in between action scenes.  I've never been to Canada but I've been to New York in January and that place is COLD!  So I assume that Vancouver winter is similar if not worse since it's farther north.

• Love 1

Vancouver can get in the 30's in the winter, plus get snow. Caity's a California girl anything below 70 is freezing. I joked about that with her when she as in Chicago last March. The week before she came it 10 degrees, the week of the Con, we got into the 60's. 

From Caity's Instagram

@caitylotz: “If we were a boy band”

tumblr_nyvgqxUjmJ1uw4ew0o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyvgmt17Ab1uw4ew0o1_540.jpg

The cast looks like they are having fun, hopefully that chemistry translates on screen. The show will be fun if does. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
Would have thought Rip Hunter would be more prominent.

I'm glad he isnt. Should have been Booster Gold.

Anyway why are the Hawks wearing mask/helmets, when everyone else doesn't seem to have a secret identity?

Edited by WildcardC

Is Sara not wearing the jacket anymore? She's not wearing it in the promos either.

legends-tomorrow-poster.jpg?w=620&h=931

I had mentioned it with the first costume reveal, but Hawkman's mace still looks too small. I mean, the costume includes wings and a hawk helmet, I don't think a weapon that's somewhat exaggerated is going to hurt the look.

Also, another website I visit had this poster rotated to a landscape format, and it looked so much better! Maybe they designed it for a billboard first.

I don't know about that; Booster's from the future, but even given that it's not like time travel is his specialty. I think of him as more a passenger in a time machine than its pilot.

Anyway why are the Hawks wearing mask/helmets, when everyone else doesn't seem to have a secret identity?

4000-year-old habits are hard to break? Plus, it's probably safer to wear a helmet when you can actually fly.

Would have thought Rip Hunter would be more prominent.

I agree that his character isn't as prominent since he's the unknown character at this point.  I pretty much expect the love for him to quickly grow.  I like what I see of him in the clips a lot. 

Isn't Rip Hunter the guy in the comics that actually has a time travel device and a team that runs around on adventures?  Why should it be his dad instead of him on the show?  Plus, doesn't Booster Gold have the wrong personality for this? 

On the other hand, product placement would be a very easy with Booster Gold. 

The Pilot's done as per Geoff Johns tweet . Waiting for it to leak like supergirl and Flash pilots lol.

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/673372115970605058

They were so excited and hyped about how much fun the crossover was too and yeah, that didn't go so well for me.  At this point I'm really trying not to be negative about the show despite how negative the crossover made me about the show runners (and their tendency to ruin nice things) but hype from the show runners only makes me ragey.  I hope the pilot does get leaked so I can get a take on it from a more reliable source.

Why should it be his dad instead of him on the show?  Plus, doesn't Booster Gold have the wrong personality for this?

Booster is Rip's dad? i didnt know that. I  just think Rip is so... blank, I don't find him interesting, I will give him a chance though .

BG is a "joker" but I dont think he wouldnt take his job seriously. 

4000-year-old habits are hard to break? Plus, it's probably safer to wear a helmet when you can actually fly.

Firestorm can fly too. Those things look uncomfortable. 

Edited by WildcardC

Booster is Rip's dad? i didnt know that.

It's one of those timey-whimey confusing things since Rip and Gold seem to have stared out as contemporaries in the future and later it is Rip that seems to be dragging Booster Gold around time and space and multi-verses trying to fix the timelines. and I'm pretty sure Gold doesn't know it and the specifics of who, when, and why are left murky.  (As is Rip's real identity)

Edited by BkWurm1

Late to the Poster Party... was harboring some anger for MG from the xover and frankly bored by the Hawks.

That being said, the trailer that aired made the show look so cool & interesting. I am looking forward to the show and the Hawks were never a draw for me anyway. So I just hope they find a better way to write them in the team element.

But back to the poster. I like the layout. Not sure why RP has to be so big. But my biggest complaint is everyone (except CL) seems to be doing something awkward, weird or dumb with the hands. I know its action shots. But I guess I was looking for more superhero cool and less superhero cheesiness which is what the poses feel like.

But my biggest complaint is everyone (except CL) seems to be doing something awkward, weird or dumb with the hands.

Not looking closely has some advantages, lol. 

Now I can't unsee the problems.  What in the world is Victor Garber trying to do?  Why would his hand glow?  And what's with the weird knee placement for Cap Cold?  And I don't think arms actually bend the way they show it done on Ray Palmer. (With his lower arm overlapped behind his upper arm)  

Edited by BkWurm1

CL is the only one that looks somewhat normal. Was she the only one at the photoshoot? Did they photoshop the rest in? 

The CW really needs a new art/marketing department. They can actually get HQ pictures yet the fans working with whatever they find online can produce better posters. 

• Love 2

Not looking closely has some advantages, lol. 

Now I can't unsee the problems.  What in the world is Victor Garber trying to do?  Why would his hand glow?  And what's with the weird knee placement for Cap Cold?  And I don't think arms actually bend the way they show it done on Ray Palmer. (With his lower arm overlapped behind his upper arm)  

Sorry :(

RP hands are possible. It's just a really bizarre boxing stance. Which come to think of it, is probably dumb for the flying robot to be doing. Hand to Hand combat has never been RP's strength. I didn't even notice Cpt C's knees until you mentioned them, just awful.

I blame Firestorms artistic "flight of fire" pose which started it all for me. It then got me to see Hawkman's "to the moon" stance and then it was downhill from there.

Here's the poster in landscape view. It looks a little better this way. Except for his face being turned away Rip does look more prominent in this poster. Atom, Canary, Cold and Rip are more in the foreground while Heatwave, Firestorm and the Hawks are in the back.

Lot%20Side%20Poster2_zpsdjwvyhyv.jpg

• Love 3

Here's the poster in landscape view. It looks a little better this way. Except for his face being turned away Rip does look more prominent in this poster. Atom, Canary, Cold and Rip are more in the foreground while Heatwave, Firestorm and the Hawks are in the back.

Lot%20Side%20Poster2_zpsdjwvyhyv.jpg

Ah! Much better. Now I see what I thought was Rays arm is actually his torso and the arm position now makes sense, lol.

I really love that Sara's logo is the Canary after all.

I'm back to looking forward to LoT. I really didn't like The Arrow half of the crossover but the midseason finale for Arrow was so good that it restored a lot of my faith in what Guggenheim could do on LoT. (Though technically WM probably should get the credit, still, I'm felling generous).

Cap Cold over on The Flash mid season finale was pretty adorable with his stolen coco as well. So the Hawks were underwhelming, but they can grow into their roles when we already know how great A lot of the others will be. I still expect the pilot to be overly jam packed - I think that's just how these show writers role, but as long as there remember to pause for some emotional beats, we should be good.

I like that Sara's bird looks like a knife with wings. 

I really wonder if these logos are going to be used on the show or are they just for marketing purposes? 

I assume it is for marketing but I'd also not be surprised if it is in the opening to the show.  All the symbols flying in.  I can't quite imagine how they'd use the symbols IN the show. 

I assume it is for marketing but I'd also not be surprised if it is in the opening to the show.  All the symbols flying in.  I can't quite imagine how they'd use the symbols IN the show. 

Well, this is a world where Cisco came up with a "Flash Signal" based on something he saw in a comic book, so who knows?  :)

(Incidentally, that's part of original DC Canon: in Barry Allen's first comics appearance in 1956, he was shown reading a copy of Flash Comics #13, which featured Jay Garrick.  That eventually led to the idea that things that happened on one world (e.g., Earth 2) could leak through into the dreams / imaginations of writers on another Earth (Earth 1) and be chronicled as comic books.)

• Love 1

That's fan art (the creators name is on the top right), it does look much better than the actual poster (even with the Stars Wars font). The CW needs a new marketing/promotional dept since fans can put out better posters. 

Edited by Sakura12