Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I didn’t realize Ron Cephas Jones was in makeup on “This is Us.”  Hot damn he is FINE in his natural state.  

I saw his daughter Jasmine Cephas Jones (And Peggy) in Hamilton a few times. She had some videos of them singing, which was enjoyable, but I saw him without makeup then. So it was less of a shock.

Tina what are you wearing. I love you as well, but did you and Maya shop for dresses together?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

I loved the proposal. I think the audience liked it too because it was a moment of real in all the hoopla.

12 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Hee, he’s wearing a blue tux. He says he can’t wear a black tux cause he gets confused with waiters. 

He read the Father Brown story?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I loved the proposal. I think the audience liked it too because it was a moment of real in all the hoopla.

He read the Father Brown story?

No he said that on one of his appearances on Seth Meyers. I’m just amused that he clearly still thinks about it with his tux choices. 

Not sure why they didn't mute the applause this go around.

Still sad that the likes of Reg E. Cathey, John Maloney, and others are no longer with us, but at least most of them seem to be older and have lived hopefully full lives.  I still remember the years were it felt like half of the In Memoriam was made up of young celebrities, and that made me even more sad.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

They really need to either mute the applause or make everyone do it the entire time. 

I think the applause was from the recording of Aretha singing.

Wow, I didn’t catch the gentleman’s name, but I was impressed with the tenure of someone who could write for both “Brian’s Song” and “Blossom.”

• Love 3

I teared up with Bourdain, but lost it with John Mahoney. I've been re-watching Frasier for the 200th time this week, and he is just so perfect. It was my favorite show as a kid, and I feel like I lost a grandfather when he passed. 

This In Memorium was hard, y'all. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Not sure why they didn't mute the applause this go around.

Yeah, it seemed like they got the message that people didn't like hearing the varying applause. Why go back to not muting it?

I thought maybe they dropped the Fred and Maya bit because it was bombing... Oh well.

• Love 3