Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Aren't the vapors over "the c-word" long gone?   Does anyone care?  Sticks and stones, ladies.  Sticks and stones.

Since we were discussing name calling, that's one that came to mind. It's still rude and meant as an insult even if it doesn't offend you. 

James is still one of my favorites, though, so I wasn't saying I wrote him off because of it. I was just saying no one is innocent of talking trash.

At the moment, James explaining the basics of trying to stay off the block and that Vanessa is trying to stay good with whoever doesn't leave this week to Meg. But they want someone to come in from the jury house and put up Liz or Austin...or Vanessa.

And Vanessa's plan to test James' and Meg's loyalty has the Austwins freaking out about John putting doubt in their mind. Austin and Liz decide to be "proactive." Vanessa riled everyone up, but I'm not sure that was her intention.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Yeah, Vanessa hasn't had any crying meltdowns in the DR, right? Even, when she was crying the first week (over missing her girlfriend) it was in the house and not in the DR. I guess it could all be gameplay. She could have been playing everyone with her crying tantrums to throw them off of her/their game. With Audrey, she alienated everyone with her antics but somehow Vanessa just has everyone thinking she's overly emotional. That said, I could be totally wrong because I can't remember if she's cried in the DR or not?!

• Love 1

Vanessa riled everyone up, but I'm not sure that was her intention.

Honestly, when I was reading from what happened today my first thought was that she was employing  some  sort of  "chaos theory" strategy; but again, no way to know what her actual intent was or is or will be:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Vanessa irritates me because of her tactics not because she's a woman employing those tactics. In my perfect BB world situational alliances would rule the roost, everyone would be bathe in blood and there would be no such thing as a three headed monster making it this far into the game unscathed.

• Love 6

Honestly, when I was reading from what happened today my first thought was that she was employing  some  sort of  "chaos theory" strategy; but again, no way to know what her actual intent was or is or will be:)

True.

To me it's all about distraction. Keep people thinking about anything but her.

• Love 1

This. So much this. John is not much more game savvy than Victoria and yet he is the fan fave and Victoria was made fun of daily online. And I agree that this is the best example of the sexism.

I respectfully must disagree. 

Victoria was not ridiculed because she was a female. 

Victoria was ridiculed because she was a flake.

I cannot accept a parity comparison between John and Victoria unless/until I see a verifiable account of JMac either (a) discussing his Scranton neighbors walking their cats on leashes, or (b) recounting a childhood occasion of being carried away by a large bird.

• Love 13

I think it's a little difficult too. I remember last year there was so much more animosity and outright hatred expressed for Derrick and no one thought it was because he was a man. He actually played a pretty inoffensive game, but he was hated for being boring, phony, and talking too much about playing for his daughter. Sometimes people don't like other people just because. People didn't like his style of play.

Maybe here, on the Internet -- but the show certainly doesn't treat Derrick as boring or forgettable. They treat him as a genius, the latest to join the Big Brother hall of fame of game geniuses, including Dan and Dr. Will. The women they've brought back? Rachel is treated as a showmance joke: her comp wins/record and game win nearly entirely disregarded. Jordan is best known for her real life showmance with Jeff more than the fact that she won the game. Britney seems to be brought back for her amusing commentary, not her game acumen. But Cody, the big, dumb puppy dog, gets partial credit for being the genius' teammate.

I'm seeing it now in how the show is edited -- Vanessa is crazy and everyone hates her. The (from my standpoint, reading this thread) incredible ovaries-to-the-wall, hail Mary gameplay -- including comp wins -- that has saved her from certain eviction week after week is treated as a joke by the show or others are allowed to take credit in the DR for not putting her up. She has been portrayed as "lucky" and I absolutely believe if she somehow does win, she won't join the Big Brother strategic mastermind hall of fame (I know the contestants have given her credit -- I'm talking about the show). Because she cries and she's manic and she talks a mile a minute, and her lies aren't charming like Dr. Will, or affable like Dan or as professionally precise as (ugh) Derrick. In other words, she's not playing a "man's" game: strategic, surgical, where emotion is employed as strategy not because it's the player's natural state.

Much is made of Jeff Probst's archetypal winner on Survivor (the Alpha male), but this show has one, too, and women don't fit into that mold. This show has never given a woman credit for a great game years later. I don't care if they didn't want to come back or not -- it doesn't erase them from history. Except in the case where it does.

The show should be getting on their knees and kissing Vanessa's feet for all the good TV she brings them, not treating her like a sideshow to the James Prank Attack and Johnny Mac Yells About Stuff Some More Variety Hour. Vanessa is dynamic and polarizing and good at comps and seems to have an OK social game and isn't a total trash human being. The show should be throwing diamond POVs and coup d'etats like palm fronds at her feet. But I genuinely believe they don't know what to make of women players who don't fit into neat little categories ("Comp Beast" "Good Social Game," "Showmance"). And I don't believe they've ever had one quite like Vanessa.

Put it this way: the show managed to make John the dentist into Johnny Mac!, the irreverent, cool character, while Vanessa's seemingly TV-ready, mad scientist personality has become abrasive window dressing. Where is that "Welcome...to Big Brother!" gif when you need it?

• Love 13

I completely disagree about Vanessa's edit on the show. She seems very calm, sane and rational in all of her DRs (how the hell is that possible, because I'm just not buying that all of her manic craziness is pure strategy). And the big thing is when she was put up on the block against Shelli, they showed only a fraction of her meltdown. She spent the whole day in her bed, crying, blaming her alliance for turning on her, saying they weren't there for her, and basically being a huge drama queen. Meanwhile, that night in the Have Not room, James convinced Meg and Jackie that they really needed to boot Shelli. Something he wanted to do since his HOH. Yet the show portrayed Vanessa as talking her way out of eviction, which really was not the case.

They also haven't shown a fraction of her ridiculous plans, the biggest one being telling Austin to fake a fight with Shelli which would somehow result in Clay being booted, and that they needed to blab everything about Becky to James, the HOH who had no vote, right before the HOH that Becky ended up winning. The show did her a huge favor in not showing any of that nonsense.

So no, I'm not seeing this horrible edit Vanessa is getting. I actually don't mind her that much on the show. I can't stand her on the feeds. And I assure everyone, it has nothing to do with her gender :)

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 12

It's the result of a wayward chocolate in one of their endless chocolate dodgeball wars. Poor Meg, she gets hurt simply by playing with chocolate.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 5

I completely disagree about Vanessa's edit on the show. She seems very calm, sane and rational in all of her DRs (how the hell is that possible, because I'm just not buying that all of her manic craziness is pure strategy).

Oh, I believe all the antics are pure strategy; I just think sometimes V falls in love with her own performances, and tends to take them over the top.  :)

What gets me me is I don't see how the other HGs could NOT have caught on by now; you'd think by the 50th performance of Cue Waterworks! they'd have asked Pat Sajak if they could buy a clue.

• Love 2

I love how Johnessa are working together. Vanessa is definitely working as a double agent to keep John in the house and no blood on her hands and him do her dirty work.

Vanessa has Liztin convinced that John wont gun for them if he won HOH. while in hindsight they both discussed he will get the blood on his hands and put up Liztin and use Julia as pawn if one came off the block via POV.

If Austin and the twins fall for this and evict Steve it would be perfect. And yet another resume add to Vanessa's F2 finale speech.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Oh, James, in talking to Austin about whoever gets voted out this week, "we need to make sure the vote is anonymous" so no single person gets blame.  Hee.  This is going to flip back and forth 40 times before Thursday, where it will land, nobody knows.

• Love 1
It's still rude and meant as an insult even if it doesn't offend you.

I know...but we need to take the power away from a simple little word.  There are many words that are rude and definitely used to insult.   If we laugh stuff off and refuse to be shocked or offended, the "bad" words are useless.   For me, calling someone a "liar" is more insulting than the C-word.  It's just not so shocking.  Things will change.  

The weirdest thing for me to come out of these last few days is that apparently Johnny Mac is like Taxi Driver? Just out there, and a vigilante, and willing to blow everything up? I mean, I like him (sorry, not sorry), but Johnny Mac?

Austin is trying to get out Johnny Mac. The twins want him gone. If Vanessa's big plan is to keep him, she's not doing a good job.

• Love 1

The last few minutes I watched it seemed like Austin was waffling in talking to James, and earlier the twins. I've watched about an hour. I admit I didn't see anything today or last night so I just may be hearing something he planned to say.

The twins were trying to hunt down John just now for the talk he requested, but he was just called to the DR. I'm not a big conspiracy fan, but I can see that they would prime him with questions to help him through what I am sure is going to be a painful conversation to listen to.

Huh, the twins just proposed to John that the deal would be to target the incoming juror and keep Vanessa/Julia/Liz. ETA: I think I misunderstood, they were talking about themselves and Austin from being targets next week, just talking about how Vanessa will be the third vote.

Edited by pennben

James and Meg just said quite a doozy. "We can't evict Vanessa because we don't want to piss off the Austwins. We have to get someone else to do it." So you can't evict HALF of the remaining houseguests? Fuck the heck?

EDITED TO ADD: Austin is outdoing them in dumb ideas. He has the idea to just play rock-paper-scissors before the live vote to see which one of Steve and John they evict. It's dumb, but I must say, if your only idea is to get attention (and Austin has gladly admitted he's on here for the fame), then it actually is kind of a good idea. But only for that one thing - it's dumb for every other reason. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2

okay... potball?  It's just throwing mashed up aluminum foil at pots, yes? I watched BBAD last night and this is literally all the HGs did for two hours. Am I missing some key element to this game, or do they seriously just throw foil at pots night after night?

Oh, yankee, it's a much more highly developed game now. The latest version is flinging headbands on to plates, named SlingBand. I think it is just a testament to  how absolutely boring it gets in the house after 60-70 odd days that this entertains them.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

I'm super intrigued by and rooting for this notion of Vanessa teaming up with JMac, who we all know has not been shy about showing his considerable contempt for her and her gameplay. Even more intrigued by the notion of Becky coming back into the game and JMac possibly getting her on board to work with Vanessa. I'm just hopeful for the potential storyline of former enemies joining forces in the game to take out a mutual threat (the Austwins). It rarely happens that former enemies align and succeed.

Wait, has it ever happened? 

Well Jeff and Russell worked together for a bit and they seemed like they hated each other. 

So, after James/Meg were in bed, Steve came in, asked to turn on the lights and talk to them for a bit.  Essentially, he said that he'd like to give them the courtesy of asking for their votes as it is the polite thing to do.  James/Meg indicated that they would prefer to talk later today, as they need time to try to figure out what is going on, but ask him his thoughts on jurors coming back in and who he would want to target next week.  He says that he would prefer not to be very specific since he is on the block this week.  Helluva campaign there Steve.

Thereafter, he turns off the light and jumps into bed with Meg, I guess he is imitating a James move they have joked about. Then starts rubbing her back, also apparently a James move, and it is clear she doesn't like it.  I think somehow James has set him up by also saying Meg likes people whispering in her ear, which she doesn't, so Steve is saying he's going to whisper a secret in her ear.  She's saying no in a joking voice, repeatedly, while still being quite clear she means it.  As James eggs him on and Steve acts like he is going to do it, she gets out of bed.  Steve goes back into his patter of "you have to tell me if I'm crossing a line, am I crossing a line? am I crossing a line? I never know".  SHE JUMPED OUT OF THE DAMN BED, come on!

Meg wants to say yes, you fuckwit, you are crossing a line, but apparently she has said that a lot to Steve, and doesn't want to keep telling Steve that when it is just something that she doesn't like.  I think what she wants to say is that no, she doesn't like it, but it is okay if James does it because he is her friend and you aren't so get away from me Steve.

This is where I get really uncomfortable with house dynamics from time to time.  Also, and I'm probably going to hell for saying this, but I think sometimes Steve plays up his inability to read cues when someone doesn't respond the way he thought they would; he wants to remain blameless and put all of the responsibility of a blown interaction on the other person.  James was no help either egging on Steve when he knows Steve doesn't fully understand social cues.  Sigh.   

Still willing to bet John is going Thursday, but I'd only wager as high as a quarter at this point.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 9

James and Meg just said quite a doozy. "We can't evict Vanessa because we don't want to piss off the Austwins. We have to get someone else to do it." So you can't evict HALF of the remaining houseguests? Fuck the heck?

Oh my. Meg would probably put up James and Jackie, if the Austwins told her to.

They really have no idea what they're doing, do they?

ETA: I'm wondering if Vanessa's play to the twins to possibly "keep" JMac is all a smoke screen to cover that she's actually back in with Steve. While still hedging her bets in case JMac is actually the one who comes back from the Jury.

Also, James and Meg said they wouldn't vote for Vanessa if she's final two, because she's played a manipulative, dirty game. Meanwhile, they said they would vote for the twins. Who are rays of truthful sunshine, with their 8 separate alliances.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

This. So much this. John is not much more game savvy than Victoria and yet he is the fan fave and Victoria was made fun of daily online. And I agree that this is the best example of the sexism. 

+1.

John is a Dentist.  This gives the audience pre-conceived notions as to his intelligence.  Regardless of his game intellect, people respect his general intellect based on his profession.  He's also at least attempted to play the game, however poorly that attempt was.  Victoria seemed to just be an airhead who did nothing until Derrick gave her the time of day.

• Love 8

Also, James and Meg said they wouldn't vote for Vanessa if she's final two, because she's played a manipulative, dirty game. Meanwhile, they said they would vote for the twins. Who are rays of truthful sunshine, with their 8 separate alliances.

I think that that indicates that the twins have played better games than Vanessa on that level, not that James and Meg are dumb.

• Love 2

This is another reason why I cannot get behind Meg & James. Do they forget what game they are playing? This isn't let's nap our way to half a million dollars. As far as I'm concerned isn't the point of Big Brother is to basically lie and manipulate your way to the win. Obviously along with a few other things.

I'm not saying Vanessa isn't a crazy person. But at least both John & Becky who wanted her out for weeks acknowledge the game she has played and has praised her for it.

Meg is just playing for 50K at this point, not sure if she knows it. But she is. No way she is winning. James has a chance. Meg no way.

• Love 4

I think that that indicates that the twins have played better games than Vanessa on that level, not that James and Meg are dumb.

I don't think so. If Liz wins HOH and puts up Meg and James, I think Meg and James would be singing a different tune. It's just that so far, the twins haven't done anything to Meg and James yet. But if they'd chosen JMac over James and Meg, I'm positive they'd be bitching about it too.

Meg has no idea where she is half the time, and James' big plan is for the returning juror to win HOH and put up Austin and Vanessa.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

I respectfully must disagree. 

Victoria was not ridiculed because she was a female. 

Victoria was ridiculed because she was a flake.

I cannot accept a parity comparison between John and Victoria unless/until I see a verifiable account of JMac either (a) discussing his Scranton neighbors walking their cats on leashes, or (b) recounting a childhood occasion of being carried away by a large bird.

Or a crow. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Jury management is part of the game. Dan played a much better strategic and social game than Vanessa has and fans are able to recognize he botched the jury.

If Vanessa does get to the end and in her jury speech babbles about her integrity and how she never broke her word instead of owning her game then she deserves to lose.

• Love 8

My point is that James and Meg say they'd vote the twins over Vanessa because right now, they haven't been betrayed by the twins. Meanwhile, JMac has been and would vote Vanessa over the twins. James and Meg are blind to the twins right now but think Vanessa is the only one who's done people dirty. While failing to realize what the twins just did to John. That's less about jury management and more about their own stupidity IMO. Meg couldn't even figure out the 5-person alliance Steve and Vanessa were arguing over.

• Love 5

James and Meg are blind to the twins right now but think Vanessa is the only one who's done people dirty.

James has done people "dirty".  I find all of this bluster about when I'm on jury......, just that, bluster and stupid at that, you are conceding you will lose the game and are projecting how you wish your game to be seen by hypothetically choosing who you would want to win.  In this case, I think James is appeasing Meg's vision of the game.  He has no doubt how he has played, and I expect him to play that way going forward (and I admire that).  Meg will always see James as a hero cause he lied to the bad guys, and that ain't lying and that ain't dirty, that's just doing the good work of the good side.  She'll never see him as dirty until he dumps her, and maybe not even then, cause she'll be a martyr for the cause of the good guys.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4

So no, I'm not seeing this horrible edit Vanessa is getting. I actually don't mind her that much on the show. I can't stand her on the feeds. And I assure everyone, it has nothing to do with her gender :)

I agree. Vanessa is getting a great edit. Also, yes, I hate Vanessa, but it has nothing to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her just being insufferable as hell.

Also, and I'm probably going to hell for saying this, but I think sometimes Steve plays up his inability to read cues when someone doesn't respond the way he thought they would; he wants to remain blameless and put all of the responsibility of a blown interaction on the other person.

+100. This so much. And that's a big part of why I can't with Steve.

I hear you all on Victoria vs. John, but I'm sorry I still think they might as well be the same damn player. John is stupid and he has played the game horribly. And he was just as attached to Clay as Victoria was to Derrick. At least Derrick was actually protecting Victoria in the game. Clay was putting John up, asking him to throw comps, and asking him to not use the veto on himself. I mean come on! Also, Derrick spent 24 hours a day with Victoria, meanwhile I think John and Clay talked maybe once every other week. John is just a flop. I think it just enrages me that his fans online are still trying to push him as some strategic mastermind instead of just accepting he's a terrible player. You can still love bad players! It's OK! Pretty much every person I love the most from this stupid show was a bad player.

I don't really care who goes between Steve and John because I hate them both, but I think it might be better for me if Steve goes. He has less of a chance at winning the buy back comp and I will probably go into a deep spiral of rage if John gets evicted and then just comes right back.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Thank god you folks are paying attention because I dropped out ages ago. I miss the show on a regular basis because, well, I don't care. I don't know what it is but I just find this season boring.

We have people who have no idea how to play and are there just for a fun time (Meg and James). We have people who are so clueless that they missed a huge alliance (John, Becky, Meg, James, Jason, ok everyone not in the sixth sense). We have people massively overplaying (Audrey, Vanessa, Clay, Shelli). We have people stupid enough to let a twin in the house (Everyone but Liz). Seriously? I think that is when I lost interest in this season. they figure out the twin twist and they let Julia in the house. How stupid is that?

We have another gross showmance. Look, I get it. The house is boring and people are desperate for something to do. See Pot Ball. But the idea of hooking up with someone and having sex on TV is just gross. Really, really gross. I get the instant infatuation. You are stuck in a house with a small number of people that gets smaller each week. You have no outside contact so you develop very strong bonds very fast. It has to be a strangly intense experience. Hell, I remember freaking out leaving behind new friends made at over night summer camp after two weeks and I could call home and get letters from family regularly. I cannot imagine 90 days wit no outside contact. So I get the intense connections that are made.

Shelli and Clay were annoying in their own way but they were smart enough to know that having sex on TV, hell kissing on TV, is just wrong. Sex is fun and pleasurable but to be willing to have sex with people watching is just icky. Vouyarism at its highest form. Just no.

I don't want the racist, homophobic bullshit. I don't want a ton of drama. I do want people who are there to play and not just have a summer camp experience. I really liked Disney's show Bug Juice when it was on. The first two seasons were gold but Big Brother is not Bug Juice.

Vaness, Liz, and Julia are playing. Audrey was playing. Shelli was playing so that is good. Shelli made a dumb mistake getting caught up in her showmance with Clay but I would have prefered to see Austin and Liz taken out then Shelli and Clay.

I have no problem with Vanesa, Liz, or Julia winning. I would prefer Julia or Vanessa over Liz. Anyone else would be a travesty.

• Love 6

I think Austin is going to join Team Summer Camp soon, because he seems really game-fatigued right now. He's made comments this week about wanting James and Meg to stay because they're fun ("oh well if it hurts us, at least we had fun"), how he's tired of talking game and he's going to leave that to the twins now, how he just wants to work out and decompress, how he's had his moment on TV with the HOH and now someone else can take over. If Liz leaves before Austin does, I suspect Austin will cease giving any fucks at all and purposely tank to be voted out.

• Love 5

I think everyone left, with the exception of maybe Meg and Julia, is playing. Now, of course, most of them aren't very good at strategizing and/or comps and/or the social game, but they're playing imo. But then I'm not one to think people aren't playing just because they don't win comps or talk about theories 24/7 like Vanessa. And I think you can still be playing even if you're actually playing terribly. Like John is definitely playing and always has been, it's just that he isn't very good at it! 

Meg and Julia though, I don't know. Meg sometimes, very rarely, will have a moment where she seems to be thinking, but it's always so fleeting and then she just goes back to her Summer Camp!!!! mindset. Julia just seems very weak to me. She just seems like the type of player that needs another player to tell her what to do at all times. I like both Meg and Julia as people though, probably more than I like anyone else.

• Love 5

I mostly agree with you. Except I think James only plays on occasion. Not that I think everyone should be playing 24/7 like Vanessa does, but I do think James is putting a lot of faith in Vanessa not winning HOH or veto, and he's putting a lot of faith in the Austwins to nominate her. I'm not sure I've ever seen James have any sort of conversation with Vanessa that wasn't initiated by her, or any sort of game conversation with Steve where they actually talked about the game. If Vanessa wins HOH or veto, James/Meg are screwed and I don't think James has any sort of backup plan brewing at all. 

I'm watching Vanessa and the twins Jedi drilling for the days comp and the before/after comp, and Julia is just terrible. Liz is pretty good, Vanessa obviously knows her stuff, but poor Julia has no chance. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

I was just catching up on stuff from last night and I saw that Vanessa thinks the BB community needs to reconsider their definition of a backdoor for her definition cause she's been in the game. LOL. OK, Vanessa.

Also, Meg's red lipstick that seems to last for 24 hours even while showering is Revlon's matte balm in Striking. In case anyone wants to give it a shot.

• Love 5

I think Austin is going to join Team Summer Camp soon, because he seems really game-fatigued right now. He's made comments this week about wanting James and Meg to stay because they're fun ("oh well if it hurts us, at least we had fun"), how he's tired of talking game and he's going to leave that to the twins now, how he just wants to work out and decompress, how he's had his moment on TV with the HOH and now someone else can take over.

I can really see that. I mean - a stint in the BB House means you just signed on for a job which, although it's WAY WAY down there in the scale in terms on physical exertion, requires you to be on-call about as close to 24/7 as is humanly possible with no downtime or time off for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. Also - unless you hit that 1-in-8 shot of making it to F2, you're doing it strictly for stipend.

That roughly translates to a $52K/year salary job - but finish reading the ENTIRE vacancy announcement before you apply: :)

• Actual maximum tour of three months.
  • No time off.
  • No vacation time.
  • No established work hours.
  • Small employer-defined and employer-constrained physical space.
  • Around the clock employer monitoring, with full video and audio.
  • No contact with any other humans except an arbitrary set of co-workers who by definition were hired on the condition they will try to stab you in the back at some point.
  • No diversions in what little off-the-clock time you do have except a chess board, some religious texts, and whatever you and your crew can come up with on your own.
  • You can be terminated with a MAXIMUM of one week's notice - possibly none at all.
  • Absolutely no severance package at all if terminated within the first two months.
If you saw this want ad, would YOU apply? :)

So yeah, I can see how burnout might become a bit of an issue.

If Liz leaves before Austin does, I suspect Austin will cease giving any fucks at all and purposely tank to be voted out.

Most likely - although something tells me the converse would not necessarily be true.

• Love 9

+100. This so much. And that's a big part of why I can't with Steve.

I hear you all on Victoria vs. John, but I'm sorry I still think they might as well be the same damn player. John is stupid and he has played the game horribly. And he was just as attached to Clay as Victoria was to Derrick. At least Derrick was actually protecting Victoria in the game. Clay was putting John up, asking him to throw comps, and asking him to not use the veto on himself. I mean come on!

Yeah, Steve is so ick. I would be more understanding of we knew he had Aspergers or something, but I don't want to play couch doctor so I can only assume that's just him. I think Meg really doesn't like him and I can see why. The constant requests for hugs would be enough for me.

Question: Did Big Brother actually show John crying over Clay?

• Love 3

James is playing - he just knows he has absolutely no power right now so he's keeping his mouth shut and laying low these past 2 weeks.  He knows he can't do diddly squat at the moment because the chances of him and meg being targeted are very very high.  They're back into a corner to where they can't play the game unless one of them is in power.

And I do not see Liz and Julia playing at all.  They continously mimic what other people say, they agree with everything, and everything is "oh let's get austin and let him decide".  Austin is running that group. 

Johnny Mac.. ugh... I agree, big disappointment. 

Steve HAS to have some form of Aspergers. His mannerisms just don't make any sense otherwise. 

He would drive me crazy in there. 

• Love 3

I can really see that. I mean - a stint in the BB House means you just signed on for a job which, although it's WAY WAY down there in the scale in terms on physical exertion, requires you to be on-call about as close to 24/7 as is humanly possible with no downtime or time off for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. Also - unless you hit that 1-in-8 shot of making it to F2, you're doing it strictly for stipend.

That roughly translates to a $52K/year salary job - but finish reading the ENTIRE vacancy announcement before you apply: :)

• Actual maximum tour of three months.
  • No time off.
  • No vacation time.
  • No established work hours.
  • Small employer-defined and employer-constrained physical space.
  • Around the clock employer monitoring, with full video and audio.
  • No contact with any other humans except an arbitrary set of co-workers who by definition were hired on the condition they will try to stab you in the back at some point.
  • No diversions in what little off-the-clock time you do have except a chess board, some religious texts, and whatever you and your crew can come up with on your own.
  • You can be terminated with a MAXIMUM of one week's notice - possibly none at all.
  • Absolutely no severance package at all if terminated within the first two months.
If you saw this want ad, would YOU apply? :)

So yeah, I can see how burnout might become a bit of an issue.

Most likely - although something tells me the converse would not necessarily be true.

But the biggest bullet point of all... You're on reality tv and could pull a Rachel/Brendan/Jeff/Jordan/Hayden/whoever and land future reality show gigs and be able to give up that waitressing or cashiering or personal training job forever.  

James is playing - he just knows he has absolutely no power right now so he's keeping his mouth shut and laying low these past 2 weeks.  He knows he can't do diddly squat at the moment because the chances of him and meg being targeted are very very high.  They're back into a corner to where they can't play the game unless one of them is in power.

And I do not see Liz and Julia playing at all.  They continously mimic what other people say, they agree with everything, and everything is "oh let's get austin and let him decide".  Austin is running that group. 

Austin isn't running anything IMO, based on all the conversations this week. The twins are running Austin. And they are absolutely playing the game. 

As for James, he's backed into a corner he created himself, along with Becky, Jackie, and Meg. He still doesn't even want to put the Austwins up, should he win HOH, for fear of their wrath. James has no plan right now, other than to rely on everyone around him to evict Vanessa and the Austwins. The problem is that everyone around him (not including the Austwins) are Meg, who has never won a comp, and Steve, who has been aligned with F&G all along.

I wish we actually knew for sure if Steve had Asperger's or not. Then I'd be able to have an informed opinion on him.

Vanessa asked him, and he said he wouldn't be surprised but he has never been tested for Asperger's.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Did Big Brother actually show John crying over Clay?

Nope. They have to protect their fave.

Steve HAS to have some form of Aspergers. His mannerisms just don't make any sense otherwise. 

I wish we actually knew for sure if Steve had Asperger's or not. Then I'd be able to have an informed opinion on him.

His mom said on twitter that he does not have Asperger's.

I think the three people who are playing the game are James, Vanessa, and surprisingly Liz. I know Liz doesn't seem like she's playing, but I think from the moment Austin showed interest, she's seen him as a number for not only her, but for Julia (who, at the time, hadn't entered the house as an individual yet). Sure, she ended up having some sort of feelings, but she's in a good position currently. She has two for sure jury votes, and yes she's incredibly bitchy and cruel toward people, but she's got Austin as a bigger target (well, supposedly). Austin's playing an ok game, but he's an idiot and a cheater and a disgusting person, so him bragging that he has Liz while having a girlfriend (well, clearly not anymore) is actually making him look bad. Liz has Austin wrapped around her little finger; she has him going to Meg/James to make deals, while she can sit back, pretty in her position. I don't like her gameplay, but she is playing and I have to respect her for running a guy, instead of the guys running the girls. It's even clear she is not in love with Austin, not like he is with her. Sure, I don't like people using other people, but it's doing well for her at the moment and it's protecting her and Julia, so props to her. Especially since Julia's doing jack squat (and I really like Julia too, but she's becoming like Meg). 

And, of course, James and Vanessa happen to be playing the best games in my opinion.

I think, if I remember correctly, Vanessa brought this up to Steve about him possibly having Asperger's, because you know Vanessa has to blurt out anything she's thinking. And Steve replied along the lines of 'that would make sense'. So I guess he never actually got diagnosed, but it's certainly possible he's on the spectrum somewhere.

• Love 2

Austin isn't running anything IMO, based on all the conversations this week. The twins are running Austin. And they are absolutely playing the game.

I don't agree.  I think Austin is playing quite well right now steering a team of three as far as he can toward the final.  Look, I loathe what I know of the guy, but I can see he's playing the game.