Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

That's why I give Austin much more credit for his (purely social) game than most people do. I still think he's icky though.

I agree with this. Austin is playing a really great social game right now. I hate it because I want him gone!

She actually was friends with ADC and I think that relationship had more of a chance of being salvageable then James and company believed.

Shelli did nothing to help them believe it. She has been awful this week. In every way. Honestly she deserves 100% of the blame for her going It's not even ADC's obtuseness or Vanessa's mist, it's just Shelli's arrogance.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I don't agree. I don't really know why I don't, but like what else do you do but deal with immediate threats? Thinking too far ahead is usually what kills games imo.

Echo echo. Shelli has killed her game this way, TWICE:
  • Last week, pre-PoV Meeting; Shelli and Clay OTB, and HoH James also holds PoV. James is meeting with ClamShell in the HoH room, and James is all but begging them to give him a name on which to hang Jason's nom the previous week; drop the name, and James will take one of them off the Block and put the named person up in their place. Now, Clay and Shelli have both steadfastly (and falsely, truth be told) maintained they had little or no hand in picking Jason, and have strongly implicated - but never explicitly named - V as architect of the plan. James has picked up on the implications, but he's had enough of the shade - neither is coming off the block without saying the name. And they DON'T - with Shelli specifically stating the reason why is she doesn't want people slamming her for a betrayal NEXT WEEK. James is incredulous - stating, "Yeah, but... you'd be HERE" - but Clelli holds firm, the noms stand, and Clay goes home.
  • Last night, when Shelli is lobbying for ADC's votes to stay. At a point when Shelli should be strapping on her knee pads to beg for her BB life, she AGAIN expresses reservations at making a deal, questioning if ADC might keep her THIS week, only to vote her out next week. Once again, nimrod - AT LEAST YOU WOULD BE HERE NEXT WEEK.

Shelli is a perfect example of not seeing the trees for the forest; she has her eyes so firmly fixed up the road looking for the prize on the horizon, she doesn't see the great big deep hole she's fixing to step into RIGHT NOW.

ETA: typos

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 15

You just don't know, so you have to go with the present information - which is never enough.

Right which is why I would never say getting rid of Shelli is *bad* move, but I still think Shelli has borne out via her game play this week that she is the one who should be kept, because her game play both social and strategic this week has SUCKED, and has sucked for basically three consecutive weeks (flipping out about Clay and the Veto, and going to Vanessa to stop Austin's ouster, lying about the extent of their role in Jason being both renommed AND voted out, letting Vanessa do all the work in saving her last week while she isolated with Clay and expected everyone to hail the queen on her deahtbed, and now this week assuming security where none exists.) Vanessa meanwhile has scrambled wildly and crazily for her two days on the block, but she's the one who is likely staying while Shelli appears to be out the door. And that's giving Vanessa and S6 one more chance to come after ADC. I just don't see how that's the best option either this week or long term. They are STILL the largest and most solid alliance in the house. ADC are only three strong and have made zero overtures to get bigger except toward Austwins, one of whom is targeting them. Becky, John, and now Steven continue to flail about as "independent" operators, w/o having any relationships they can depend on. 

James is all but begging them to give him a name on which to hang Jason's nom the previous week;

Except it wasn't really about that, they all fucking KNEW Vanessa was the "name", what they were pissed about was the personal betrayal of not being "informed" of what THE HOUSE wanted and despite having the opportunity to save Jason Slay chose to vote him out. Somewhere deep inside ADC EXPECTED Vanessa to fuck them over, they didn't expect it from Slay. James said as much.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

Echo echo. Shelli has killed her game this way, TWICE:

• Last week, pre-PoV Meeting; Shelli and Clay OTB, and HoH James also holds PoV. James is meeting with ClamShell in the HoH room, and James is all but begging them to give him a name on which to hang Jason's nom the previous week; drop the name, and James will take one of them off the Block and put the named person up in their place. Now, Clay and Shelli have both steadfastly (and falsely, truth be told) maintained they had little or no hand in picking Jason, and have strongly implicated - but never explicitly named - V as architect of the plan. James has picked up on the implications, but he's had enough of the shade - neither is coming off the block without saying the name. And they DON'T - with Shelli specifically stating the reason why is she doesn't want people slamming her for a betrayal NEXT WEEK. James is incredulous - stating, "Yeah, but... you'd be HERE" - but Clelli holds firm, the noms stand, and Clay goes home.
  • Last night, when Shelli is lobbying for ADC's votes to stay. At a point when Shelli should be strapping on her knee pads to beg for her BB life, she AGAIN expresses reservations at making a deal, questioning if ADC might keep her THIS week, only to vote her out next week. Once again, nimrod - AT LEAST YOU WOULD BE HERE NEXT WEEK.
Shelli is a perfect example of not seeing the trees for the forest; she has her eyes so firmly fixed up the road looking for the prize on the horizon, she doesn't see the great big deep hole she's fixing to step into RIGHT NOW.

ETA: typos

Agreed.

It was always what can you do for me, as opposed to what Shelli can do for them. Asking a million questions to get an answer from someone who controls her fate when she frankly has n grounds to stand on, getting defensive when she was pushed for an answer.

I think Vanessa is a very good stragetic player, but all over the place emotional and can go off. But she was the brains of the Shelli, Clay, Vanessa alliance. And obviously the brains of the AusTwins as well. Shelli doesn't know what to do without Vanessa telling her what to do. And that's a big problem.

• Love 1

Honestly imo it just boils down to either way ADC is fucked and to me it makes sense why James wants Shelli out more. I see it a bit less from Jackie's perspective, but she's decided to play with Meg and James and therefore it doesn't make a lot of sense for her to push against them. At least she's still gonna go for Vanessa next, I think.

I can see why ADC thinks Vanessa is kinda done for. After she got nommed she went crazy and it seems like everyone has dropped her. After Shelli got nommed she acted like the same arrogant person she always has and didn't even bother with ADC and then went through James' things. I mean honestly I would be more surprised at this point if they didn't wanna vote Shelli out.

• Love 2

What a week to be without feeds, although it was probably better for my sleep patterns/health to solely rely on this thread and twitter to keep up with the game!

I agree that ADC is not necessarily making a bad decision taking out Shelli over Vanessa.  What I don't understand is why at least James/Meg seem ready to bounce Becky right out of the game as well.  That would, in my opinion, be a huge mistake for them because she is at least casually working with them. 

Can someone tell me who Becky's second "Generals" alliance was with?  I cracked up when it was reported that she tried to re-use that name and it bit her in the ass (recycling isn't, apparently, always prudent::).

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

I think a strong argument can be made that Shelli is a single player with no strong allies especially should Vanessa leave.  Whereas, if Vanessa stays she has three to four strong allies in the Austwins and Steve.  The problem with keeping Vanessa isn't so much about the decision in a vacuum of who to keep between these two.  It's the fact that it it will tell us that ADC still don't completely understand that Vanessa is in an alliance with Austwins.

• Love 2

I think choosing to evict shelli over vanessa is a bad decision for reasons that ADC are clearly unaware of.  Vanessa is the glue that holds her side together.  Despite Austin's recent misgivings, I think he would always go with Vanessa if he has a choice.  Vanessa also has strong ties to the twins.  It's unclear at this point what her relationship with Steve will be going forward but I believe that if she wanted she could get him in her back pocket again.  Without Vanessa, Steve has nobody aside from the useless Johnny Mac.  Austin and the twins are less powerful without Vanessa.  I also think Shelli would distance herself from Austin and the twins if Vanessa left.  She actually was friends with ADC and I think that relationship had more of a chance of being salvageable then James and company believed.

If this wasn't a DE week, I'd agree with you. Shelli might have a dismal social game but makes up for it spades as a strong competitor. She would have the better chance in winning the HOH or veto, thus being the bigger threat. Vanessa might win one of the comps but the odds is not in her favor.

But depending who wins HOH and the POV during DE, they might both go tonight anyway.

• Love 1

I also think Shelli would distance herself from Austin and the twins if Vanessa left.  She actually was friends with ADC and I think that relationship had more of a chance of being salvageable then James and company believed.

Meg and Jackie knew Shelli was going directly after James beyond a shadow of a doubt. She picked Vanessa for HG choice! She was also hanging out with those against ADC after noms;  while getting cozy with JMac and Steve and was talking a lot with Becky.  Let's not forget her mean girling with the twins over Clay's dang shirt. And the icing on the cake was she never approached any of ADC about votes prior to Becky prodding her.    I guess I don't see how they were supposed to see or know anything beyond what was going on all around them at the time, making Shelli the clearer threat of the two, imo.  

Now that may indeed come back to bite them, but that's highly dependent on who wins HOH for the DE.    I think they are sitting better than they were a couple weeks back.   

• Love 6

I think a strong argument can be made that Shelli is a single player with no strong allies especially should Vanessa leave. Whereas, if Vanessa stays she has three to four strong allies in the Austwins and Steve. The problem with keeping Vanessa isn't so much about the decision in a vacuum of who to keep between these two. It's the fact that it it will tell us that ADC still don't completely understand that Vanessa is in an alliance with Austwins.

One factor is that the Austwins have developed a good relationship with ADC. And, to their credit, it is (mostly) genuine on both sides - or at least seems it because they only let Austin speak on behalf of the twins.

Shelli has the Austwins, and Becky and John. So of course her target will be ADC, whereas Vanessa has Becky and Maybe John as targets before them.

They just want to get through DE in tact, and they have a better chance of that with Vanessa there because, on the off chance she weeks HOH, she really hates Becky over them. If Shelli wins HOH, one of them is most likely a goner.

ETA: They can't really go wrong evicting either one, but Shelli staying has more of an immediate downside.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Julia told Vanessa that she wants to distance herself from Liz/Austin (because the trio factor is dangerous) and if she wins HoH she wants to make s big move and not waste it on Steve/John. She wants to put up James/Jackie.

Surprisingly, Vanessa seems okay with it.  I guess she's moved away from John and Becky, at least for the double eviction.  Going after a group you know is a threat is actually a much better choice than wasting it on floaters.

We'll see if she even stays, they still have hours until eviction time, though Shelli seems to have been correct about her ability to play the game walking out the door with Clay. I would never have predicted that, I thought she'd improve without him, but I also knew that Shelli didn't really develop relationships in the house independent of Clay and that would be a liability moving forward, than and her entitled arrogance that she doesn't actually need to work to stay, and every one in the house is there to play their game FOR HER.

This.  But I'm not surprised that Shelli really has proven herself unable to play the game without Clay.  Clay was the one forming all of the relationships.  Shelli just stayed within their Sixth Sense group, save for Austin.  Mainly with Clay and Vanessa, but she occasionally talked to Liz and Julia, too, and even then, it was only because Vanessa told her about the Twin Twist.

I'm actually surprised that James is that gung-ho about getting rid of her.  She's pretty much nothing without Clay, and she's been showing that for days now.  Vanessa, meanwhile, has influence on so many people (mainly Liz, Julia, Austin, and, if she can repair it, Steve), and she can turn that influence into votes against James, Jackie, and Meg.  Is James fucking insane not to see that?

I forget BB History a lot of the time because I have a horrible memory but isn't it very rare when someone is "backdoored" after Veto and is the intended target and doesnt get evicted, cuz your usually basically about 5 1/2 feet under. Jason even mentioned it when he got put up that it's VERY hard and very rare. Also I watched Eric Stein on Rob Has a Podcast last night said the same thing. So If Vanessa makes it out of tonight intact props to her. She has a very good chance of running through this game the end.

Eric is one of the few to make it out, and even then, only after some intense rigging by Grodner.  Other than he, mostly pawns put up as replacement nominees have made it out.

I think a strong argument can be made that Shelli is a single player with no strong allies especially should Vanessa leave.  Whereas, if Vanessa stays she has three to four strong allies in the Austwins and Steve.  The problem with keeping Vanessa isn't so much about the decision in a vacuum of who to keep between these two.  It's the fact that it it will tell us that ADC still don't completely understand that Vanessa is in an alliance with Austwins.

I think all of that is true, but I think James' rationale for wanting Shelli out is that there's no doubt that if Shelli won HOH she'd target James with the rest of ADC as back-up targets. She's still salty about Clay, as evidenced by Shirtgate, though James didn't really need any further evidence. If Vanessa wins HOH, she probably won't target James specifically and the other ADCers may or may not be targeted. It's definitely better for James to take Shelli out now, so I totally get why he wants to do it. Meg and Jackie are wishy washy and probably could have been persuaded either way, but since James wanted Shelli they went along with it.

Everything always hinges on who wins HOH, so  it remains to be seen how things will shake out. I don't think it's a sure thing that the Austwins are with Vanessa. If Van wins HOH, they will definitely sidle up to her, but they were very ready to cut her loose this week and if, say, Jackie, won HOH I think they'd readily be her new BFFs and dump Van in a heartbeat. they would have done the same thing if Shelli stayed and won HOH, though.

Vanessa is a better strategist than Shelli, so if she stays and gets back into power she'll be more dangerous for the house in general than Shelli would have been. Becky was right that Van is totally unpredictable. She's after Becky now, but if someone is "rude" to her or she has a dream that someone wants to vote her out, her target could easily shift. From a strictly game perspective, it makes more sense for her to try to mend fences with Becky and go after a bigger game threat like breaking up the Austwins. She could easily realize that, especially if Becky approaches her for a deal and feeds Van the slightest shred of info. If I were a non-ADCer, I would rather keep Shelli, who would most likely go after them, over Van, who could end up going after anyone.

• Love 4

Here's my thing with Vanessa (as she does this with John). If I was in that house, and she was doing her thing where she talks for fifteen minutes, after the third "umm" or the fourth shifting her eyes up and to the left, I would just stop listening. I would assume she's lying, bullshitting, or saying whatever suits her purposes. She always sounds like she's lying with all of her tics. How on earth is she a great poker player?

I'm neither a professional poker player nor a former HG, but I don't see what the two have in common.  While playing poker, there's minimal talking, you only have to "lie" for minutes at a time, and there's no verbal strategizing to convince others to do something.  You also have to make quick decisions, and you can't take back an action.

That's nothing like Big Brother.  Big Brother is all about incredible boredom, isolation from everything/everyone you know, and for the HNs, food and comfort deprivation.  It's also about alliances, likeability, and the long-term con.  Plus, I imagine Vanessa is surrounded by a bunch of sycophantic hangers-on.  From the clip posted in one of these threads, Vanessa seems the most successful of her group of friends, and they seem to live with and off of her.  So Vanessa thrived when her alliance was in lock step with her vision, but fell apart when individuals thought for themselves.

I think she and Shelli have been the best at this game so far, and the fact that Vanessa has somehow flipped the vote when she was a sure eviction, is proof of something.  Whether it's a reflection of her skill or their stupidity, I'm not sure.

• Love 6

I think she and Shelli have been the best at this game so far, and the fact that Vanessa has somehow flipped the vote when she was a sure eviction, is proof of something.  Whether it's a reflection of her skill or their stupidity, I'm not sure.

Vanessa did not flip the vote that I saw. James wanted Shelli out because she would put him up, and he thinks Vanessa would go after Becky.  She did convince him that Becky is the root of all evil, but she didn't flip any votes. And I agree with others that it's not stupid on ADC's part to flip the vote.

• Love 3

I think a strong argument can be made that Shelli is a single player with no strong allies especially should Vanessa leave. Whereas, if Vanessa stays she has three to four strong allies in the Austwins and Steve. The problem with keeping Vanessa isn't so much about the decision in a vacuum of who to keep between these two. It's the fact that it it will tell us that ADC still don't completely understand that Vanessa is in an alliance with Austwins.

Agreed. Vanessa has sold herself as in her words "solo dolo" which backfired on her because that is how people preceeved her and that is why was put up because they think she is a "floater". In actuality she is strongly aligned with the people she has been working with The Sixth Sense & AusTwins she was trying to protect them and in turn she overplayed her hand. But what I don't get is she was HOH for 2 weeks, Shelli was HOH for 2 weeks and they all know they are close so why would they even believe that she is a floater. They obviously were working together. So the week James was in power she went and spoke to him to keep herself off the block is just protecting herself not stabbing anyone in the back. She had a plan and objective and she kept Shelli. Granted they all don't see it that way. And plus the AusTwins know she isn't a "solo dolo" but they would never out her as not being a solo player cuz she is working with them.

I think that there is SOME stupidity involved in the ADC wanting Shelli out over Vanessa, in the sense that it is stupid of them not to realize that Vanessa is closely aligned with the Austwins (she wouldn't nominate the guy the week she backdoored Jason, so what did they expect, really?). But I think their change of heart was primarily a mixture of Shirtgate and James just already knowing that Shelli was going to be coming for him after he nominated her and Clay (and also made it pretty obvious that he wanted her gone, not Clay). Shirtgate remains one of the most mind-numbingly dumb pieces of behavior I have ever seen from a Big Brother HG that was on the block. "It looks like the guy I clearly am after is actually going to not vote me out this week, so FUCK THAT GUY! Let me put that guy in his place for taking Clay's shirts!" Great googley moogley! 

Also, remember, when Becky won and she celebrated with ADC, they all assumed Shelli was the target. Even when she let them in on the grand plan to BD Vanessa, they definitely DID go along with it, but it was a sort of, "Eh, fine, we do hate her, too" sort of thing. 

• Love 1

One factor is that the Austwins have developed a good relationship with ADC.

Which is exactly why LIZ or Austin should have been on the block this week, that way you get half o Vanessa/Shelli OR you take out the other three strong alliance in the house (that you still too fucking blind to see are in an alliance with Vanessa - Jesus).

Shelli has the Austwins, and Becky and John. So of course her target will be ADC, whereas Vanessa has Becky and Maybe John as targets before them.

This is an assumption, a fuckton of them actually, and I think most of them are wrong, and even they aren't I wouldn't make decisions made based on assumptions. I don't see where Shelli is more of a comp threat than Vanessa they both won a decent amount, but both have been on a hard core losing streak. Again there is ZERO reason to trust that Vanessa won't change her mind, like she did with Austin/Jason, and target the ADC. ZERO.  Assume they are both coming for  your ass because they are playing  a game for money and owe you nothing, and THEY ARE ALLIES. Also they can't be trusted and then make your decisions based on some other more reliable metric.

• Love 1

Except it wasn't really about that, they all fucking KNEW Vanessa was the "name", what they were pissed about was the personal betrayal of not being "informed" of what THE HOUSE wanted and despite having the opportunity to save Jason Slay chose to vote him out. Somewhere deep inside ADC EXPECTED Vanessa to fuck them over, they didn't expect it from Slay. James said as much.

My impression was, James was after something much more specific - and strategic - than revenge over feelings of personal betrayal. Yes, all ADC knew Jason's nom had come out of the Vanessa/Shelli/Clay HoH confabs. James, however, wanted something much more specific - the name of the person who VERY FIRST mentioned Jason's name as a possible renom to take Austin's place, because THAT person would be the ADC's immediate primary threat. And while Clelli had been throwing VERY intense shade toward V as the culprit, they had never explicitly named her - which in itself was strategically suspect as an attempt to mislead while avoiding culpability for an outright lie. And James was right to suspect some kind of shady shuck-and-jive, because IIRC the very first person to broach Jason's name was Shelli.

Another aspect of this I find "interesting ": if Clay were truly willing to metaphorically fall on his BB sword for Shelli and execute a virtual self-eviction, why didn't Clay take responsibility for the Jason name-dropping? :)

• Love 5

Actual live feed update and alert:

Vanessa is sitting alone, STFU. Also not wearing a hat. 

This has been a Live Feed Alert.

OH WAIT she is wordlessly talking to herself. Sorry.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 6

I'm in nirvana Julia/Vanessa are talking game, and Julia's hatred of Austin is flowing and it is amazing. I love her and her hatred of him. Liz comes in and defends him per usual, Julia cut her loose!

• Love 5

Well, last night, I was positive that despite everything that happened, Becky would be safe so long as anyone but Vanessa or Steve wins tonight's HoH.  But Vanessa and Julia's talk has me now adding Julia to the list.  I don't know what Vanessa said, but even Julia wants to target Becky now.  Liz and Austin still want John gone before her, though, which is also okay with me, since unlike everyone else, John does nothing for me.

• Love 2

Vanessa latest conspiracy - Austin is feeding Liz the wrong answers for the comp because she won't throw it.

Cuckoo for coca puffs.

Austin is livid with Vanessa, as he should be. Austin: "I don't answer to her anymore. I don't want people think she is running us."

• Love 3

I would love it if Austin flipped the votes and they kept Shelli and she put his ass up on the block tonight like she told ADC she was going to.

"Shelli would never treat me like this!" Yeah well, she'd put you up on the block you idiot.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 4

Julia HATES Austin, at least in this convo with Vanessa (I'm a few minutes behind).  Julia states she will never forget what Austin did to her (revealing her info to Jason), knows that Austin doesn't like her, she doesn't like him, doesn't like that Liz always sides with Austin, agrees with Vanessa that Austin is feeding Liz bad information.  Vanessa thinks she's BD target for DE (not necessarily wrong). 

I don't think Julia is playing here, but these are first feeds I've seen all week.

ETA:  Julia HATES Austin.

• Love 4

Just a reminder for everyone that preseason NFL football starts tonight and in some markets, the local CBS station will be showing a game instead of Big Brother.  So check your local listings!

• Love 2

Interesting twin conversation:

Liz:  going off on Vanessa going crazy (not wrong) and how she needs to be careful (not wrong) and how the only reason that L/J got into house together was because of Austin (not quite full truth).

Julia:  tells Liz she's always scared of being the third wheel that Austin will offer up to anyone who he's working with saying that he wouldn't care if Julia went, only would care if Liz went;

Liz:  responds that that isn't going to happen anytime soon (hmmm) and that he would never directly tell her (Liz) that anyway, so she wouldn't know if he did (hmmmm).

Julia:  more, I hate Austin, don't trust him, he is rudest person I know.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4

Liz:  responds that that isn't going to happen anytime soon (hmmm) and that he would never directly tell her that anyway, so she wouldn't know if he did (hmmmm).

That was interesting. Julia knows she's the third wheel. And Liz knows, too, obviously - and didn't even say "We'll get him first." Just that it's not happening soon and she won't know when it happens anyway, so that's that.

Julia is totally Team Vanessa and Liz is Team Austin. And Vanessa is isolating Liz more and more, so she's in Julia's ear about Vanessa also.

ETA: Julia is in an interesting position. She will obviously never abandon Liz, but Liz doesn't seem like she'll ever abandon Austin. So she can't target Austin, or really get rid of him, but knows she's last on the totem pole.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

I feel like I'm missing something.  Are James and Meg still going after Vanessa in the double eviction, or have they seriously gotten stupid and fallen into step with the plans to target Becky and John?

They're going after Vanessa. And Liz/Julia/Austin know Vanessa's going next also.

The thing is, every time they get poker players on here they think they're gonna be the best players because they play poker. They are always so sure they're smarter and better than everyone. We have proof time and again though that they usually kinda suck lol.

I'm starting my prayer circle that Jackie or John win HOH. I will also accept James or Meg, even though I'm kinda scared they won't actually target Vanessa, but they'll keep the other players I like safe and sometimes that's all I can hope for!

• Love 9

It's no big deal, peachmangosteen, but I don't think I said the first quote you attributed to me above (although I do admit to some painkiller action after oral surgery this afternoon and I could be wrong, which could also explain me not being a big John fan at the moment:)).

• Love 1

It's no big deal, peachmangosteen, but I don't think I said the first quote you attributed to me above (although I do admit to some painkiller action after oral surgery this afternoon and I could be wrong, which could also explain me not being a big John fan at the moment:)).

Well, previously.tv thinks you said it I guess! Maybe they're on painkillers, too!

Oh, I meant to say I too love Julia's Austin hate, but it's becoming annoying to me because it's not like she'd do anything about it. She wouldn't nominate him. And honestly she really probably shouldn't because there's no way in hell he'd actually go after her.

Best case scenario Vanessa follows Shelli out the door. The house dynamics would shift and be so much more interesting with her gone. 

You'd have:

Austin/Liz + Julia

Liz/Julia

JMac/Steve

JMac/Becky

Goblins + Becky

Goblins are dumb and think they're tight with the Austwins when it's really just Austin and sorta Liz. Austin also has a side thing with Steve, though I'm not sure how real it would be with Vanessa gone.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

Oh, I meant to say I too love Julia's Austin hate, but it's becoming annoying to me because it's not like she'd do anything about it. She wouldn't nominate him. And honestly she really probably shouldn't because there's no way in hell he'd actually go after her.

It's true. And because he's been the spokesperson for the threesome, he has ADC's ear and more influence to get rid of Julia through third parties than she does. She just has to hope Vanessa does. Because even if someone nominated Austin it would be against a twin, and the twin would go home over him.

ETA: I wish Liz would get going this week or soon - only because Julia and Austin would be islands and it'd be fun to see where they floated. And seeing Julia reject Austin would be fun.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

I wish Liz would get going this week or soon - only because Julia and Austin would be islands and it'd be fun to see where they floated. And seeing Julia reject Austin would be fun.

I actually really like Liz, but I wouldn't mind seeing her go soon for this very reason. It wouldn't be as good if Vanessa was still there though because obviously Julia would just do what she says.

It's true. And because he's been the spokesperson for the threesome, he has ADC's ear and more influence to get rid of Julia through third parties than she does. She just has to hope Vanessa does. Because even if someone nominated Austin it would be against a twin, and the twin would go home over him.

Right but that's kind of Julia's fault. She hasn't attempted to make connections with anyone. I mean neither has Liz really but she has Austin as a shield.

As much as I hate on Austin he's actually playing a good social game. Of all the people in the house he has connections with the most people. Ironically, the two people who are probably most weary of him are in his alliance (Julia and now Vanessa).

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1

I'm neither a professional poker player nor a former HG, but I don't see what the two have in common.

Oh, thank god, found the quote the site apparently attributed to me, wasn't me.  I was terrified I was posting coming out of anesthesia without any recollection!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

I agree that it was surprising, but things have gone from end of world to excellent for Vanessa in three days.

Only 9 people left and as numbers get smaller, Liztin becomes way, way more dangerous. This takes the target off Vanessa.

Couple that with people being annoyed with Becky and John and now likely Steve and things couldn't have gone better. Likely because she couldn't talk the game out of her hands in the live episode. Really, just an amazing turn of events.

I believe John just put his ass on the line to save Becky from backdoor elimination. I am fairly certain she was Steve's target.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 1