Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I don't have a problem with Becky's gameplay. Like everyone in there she's had her good and bad moments. And I'm pulling for her to survive the DE. I just find her really insufferable on the feeds. She's a terrible conversationalist and is constantly talking about herself.

I see a lot of online fans vilifying James and his crew for not voting how she wanted, which I find absurd. Becky was totally fine with Shelli staying and taking out James. You can't fault that group for protecting themselves. And it's not like Becky was ride or die with them anyway. It's a game move. Becky was just a victim of Shelli's idiocy.

• Love 5

I don't see her as the bad person so many here seem to see her as.  (Looking and staring daggers at you, @yankee1151.)  

Right back at you... and I won't look away first :)

Steve and Johnny Mac are quizzing each other for tomorrow. Who the hell would Steve target if he won, or is he still cluelessly planning to throw it?

• Love 3

Interesting, because I see Vanessa as getting much of the dislike around the intertubes. And same thing...the dislike of her makes me root even more for her. :) If anything, at least for feed watchers, she's almost the villian of the season who has to be taken down.

But she's a long shot to win, so I'll enjoy her while I can.

Becky has just been kind of invisible through much of the game, apart from her stupid Abercrombie stories. And I usually root for the underdogs, but I just have never warmed to JJM. James and his one liners are growing on me though.

I dont think any of these HGs are bad people (a refreshing change) but I absolutely find some more irritating than others. Becky is one of them. But I'll give her credit for trying to take out a big target.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 7

The Vanessa hate is warranted. She behaves like an unhinged lunatic most of the time. It says a lot that's she's alienated Austin and Liz, two people who have been with her since the first week.

Whether she's a legitimate villain or just an obnoxious assclown is up for debate.

After seeing her DRs it really seems like she actually believes all the shit she's spewing. At least Audrey admitted she was lying her ass off. I guess what I'm saying is I cannot stand her. There is nothing compelling about her act anymore. Lies, victim, tears, lies, victim, gross exaggerations, more lies, excuses, lies. You get the picture.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 10

Eh, none of the HGs are actually bad people. But Big Brother is no fun without getting extra snarky. Like, I'm pretty sure no one would really laugh at Becky getting hit by a train in real life, but it's her main personality trait on Big Brother. And they're playing a game where bad behavior often makes good game play, and we can watch their every movement for months, so you can pick on whoever is your least favorite for every little thing.

It's easy to get too involved in the outcomes, but then I remember that I care zero percent about these people the second the finale airs.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 14

I only hate really vile HGs like Evel Dick or Boogie. Like mooses says, it's all about the snark. I like Van's drama. Becky is a good competitor but boring.

Back to feed talk, I'm surprised she hasn't reversed the vote again all on her own. I hope she just sleeps tomorrow and doesn't blow it.

For HOH, I'd like to see Julia get it. And no one is throwing it, right? Steve better not.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4

Yeah, I agree there were about five different reasons not to bring Julie back in. I think it's mostly because I really, really wanted Austin to be gone that week that I thought it was sketchy :)

Here's my thing with Vanessa (as she does this with John). If I was in that house, and she was doing her thing where she talks for fifteen minutes, after the third "umm" or the fourth shifting her eyes up and to the left, I would just stop listening. I would assume she's lying, bullshitting, or saying whatever suits her purposes. She always sounds like she's lying with all of her tics. How on earth is she a great poker player?

Also, she's selling Becky out to John. Yeah, she's good, but I'm not buying her as a strategic genius.

Haha! She doesn't say much and she wears sunglasses. Without those two things, she's useless at bluffing. You're absolutely right, she's a transparent liar. And PP was right, she studies the odds/probabilities and runs a CBA vs. being able to read/bluff people. Of course she can but those aren't her strengths. I came in so excited to see Vanessa! As a player I was psyched to see her. Now I can't stand her dumb hats and baggy sweats. And if she says someone else is playing with emotion one more time.... Vanessa YOU are the emotional player, don't get it twisted.

I can't figure out who the ADC is, but I'm sure I'll get it later on. Austin?

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

Steve and Johnny Mac are quizzing each other for tomorrow. Who the hell would Steve target if he won, or is he still cluelessly planning to throw it?

Becky and a pawn.  After hearing that all three floaters are on the hit list, he knows he has to fight for it.

I only hate really vile HGs like Evel Dick or Boogie. Like mooses says, it's all about the snark. I like Van's drama. Becky is a good competitor but boring.

Back to feed talk, I'm surprised she hasn't reversed the vote again all on her own. I hope she just sleeps tomorrow and doesn't blow it.

For HOH, I'd like to see Julia get it. And no one is throwing it, right? Steve better not.

I think Austin is going to throw it and that's it. I'd like a longer Julia reign because half the fun will be her and Liz trash talking everyone who campaigns to them.

• Love 1

Steve would target Becky but I wonder what he would do if she won veto. Vanessa and Austin would be pushing for JMac to go. Steve doesn't seem like the type who would enjoy making a decision like that in a few minutes. Let's hope it happens.

Julia told Vanessa that she wants to distance herself from Liz/Austin (because the trio factor is dangerous) and if she wins HoH she wants to make s big move and not waste it on Steve/John. She wants to put up James/Jackie.

At the rate Liz is going with Austin, I'm not shocked that Julia is ready to broaden her horizons. Austin can't fool Julia, he would sell her down to river to isolate Liz even more if he could. Liz must be suffering from some form of Stockholm Syndrome or the fumes from Austin's unwashed body are finally getting to her.

It's going to be an good DE tonight depending on who wins HOH. So much potential for the house dynamics to shift. I'm still team Vanessa.

• Love 6

I'm beyond pissed at JJM. This could have been such a good week with Vanessa nominated and they've blown it and practically handed her and the Austwins the game.

I'm going to need Johnny Mac and Becky to win every remaining hoh or this season is ruined.

• Love 3

Would like to see Austin win the first HOH tomorrow night only to see the panic in his eyes as he looks for someone else to tell him what to do, cause he can't come up with an original idea to save his sorry tattoo covered hickey giving ass.

• Love 7

Would like to see Austin win the first HOH tomorrow night only to see the panic in his eyes as he looks for someone else to tell him what to do, cause he can't come up with an original idea to save his sorry tattoo covered hickey giving ass.

No no no. He can't win. Becky and John must survive tonight.

It seems that Vanessa is pushing Julia and Liz towards a James/Jackie nomination for DE. Julia is all for it. Hahahaha

• Love 1

I'd be game for a Julia HOH, she nominates Jackie/James, James wins POV, Julia puts up Becky or Meg. Watch the sparks fly. Meg's useless and dumb but it would be a waste of a DE, so I'd rather it be Jackie vs Becky. That would be hilarious. Becky would most likely go in that scenario.

The fact she's helping James, Jackie, and Meg study right now tells me which side she's truly on and should be telling them the same thing.

I think it shows she picked the wrong fucking people to trust, and to her credit she IS the only non S6 playing the damn game, I don't hate Becky, but I do find her boring as fuck. Sorry, not Sorry.

Interesting, because I see Vanessa as getting much of the dislike around the intertubes.

For fucking real.

How on earth is she a great poker player?

As has been pointed out MANY times, Big Brother is not Poker, much less PROFESSIONAL Poker. It involves relationships and emotions in ways poker doesn't even come near, and you can count on people playing for big money to behave RATIONALLY instead as irrationally as fuck like these idjit hamsters. No one is saying Vanessa is a genius, just that she is the best strategic player in the house and that she has the ability to persuade admittedly dumb people in a stressful situation that she's on their side and trustworthy.

We'll see if she even stays, they still have hours until eviction time, though Shelli seems to have been correct about her ability to play the game walking out the door with Clay. I would never have predicted that, I thought she'd improve without him, but I also knew that Shelli didn't really develop relationships in the house independent of Clay and that would be a liability moving forward, than and her entitled arrogance that she doesn't actually need to work to stay, and every one in the house is there to play their game FOR HER.

Julia told Vanessa that she wants to distance herself from Liz/Austin (because the trio factor is dangerous) and if she wins HoH she wants to make s big move and not waste it on Steve/John. She wants to put up James/Jackie.

I am SO glad to hear this, the best possible thing for my viewing pleasure and Vanessa (and Julia's) game is to cut the fat of Liz/Austin. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 5

Dark glasses and no talking?   I wonder too.

She's good because Poker tends to require calculating odds + noticing subtle behaviors.  At the Poker Table, Vanessa is very, very good at both of those. 

It also requires you STFU - which Big Brother does -- but you have to be very aware of the changes, and you have to know WHEN to STFU...Vanessa does not understand that STFU is NOT an 'all in' type of play within this game, it seems clear:  She figures silence is deadly, so she fills that silence with whatever.

Having followed Vanessa for years on the poker circuit...it's odd watching her in this game...because this is NOT Poker Vanessa...at all.

• Love 6

Vanessa does not understand that STFU is NOT an 'all in' type of play within this game, it seems clear:

Right, perfectly said,  which again though I think goes back to her insecurity around how her opponents are playing the game, that they articulate clearly *irrational* game theory moves TO her as if it's the "best thing for them". Also there is no expectation in Poker that you are nice, or friends, she's not not going to win because someone thinks she's crazy, or a bitch, or dumb and just hates her guts.. 

• Love 1

I'd be worried about Vanessa staying if people were still blinded to her, but they're not. James just knows that Shelli is a more direct threat to him personally, and he knows that Meg and Jackie are easily swayed (so long as it is a choice between two HGs that they dislike, Shelli and Vanessa). If Vanessa was on the block against someone else, I think Jackie would not be moved. But she's just as over Shelli as she is Vanessa, so she was easily moved from Vanessa to Shelli. 

But the end result is that they all know Vanessa is a big player, John and Becky know Vanessa is a big player, Steve knows she is a big player and even the Austwins sort of know she's a big player. She's not flying under the radar, ya know? So if she manages to make it to the end, it will be through a lot of comp wins, which if she does, all the more power to her. That'll be an impressive as heck run to the end for her if she pulls it off.

• Love 9

So Becky has been spending time quizzing the ADC in the HOH room about the pics they saw. She seems to have a lot of good memory. So obviously she's a bitch just looking out for herself and not ADC, so they'll probably use this to win and boot her tomorrow. It appears that I have a soft spot for Becky, because all of this anti-Becky sentiment the last few days has really upset me. Vanessa is now my enemy, and must be destroyed. Finally. It's my Big Brother.

This. I tend to gravitate towards whoever is most hated by the audience for reasons I can not comprehend. I'm really rooting for Becky now. And of course she's doomed. I also tend to gravitate towards whoever has no chance of winning lol.

I think Steve will throw it tbh. I don't believe he's ready yet to make a move. But we'll see. He needs to go for it. Everyone does.

Please don't let Julia win HOH! 

I really need Jackie, James, Meg, or John to win HOH. I don't want Becky to go and I want to lose at least one more Sixth Sense member, preferably Vanessa, but I'll take any of them!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

I forget BB History a lot of the time because I have a horrible memory but isn't it very Rare when someone is "backdoored" after Veto and is the intended target and doesnt get evicted, cuz your usually basically about 5 1/2 feet under. Jason even mentioned it when he got put up that it's VERY hard and very rare. Also I watched Eric Stein on Rob Has a Podcast last night said the same thing. So If Vanessa makes it out of tonight intact props to her. She has a very good chance of running through this game the end.

• Love 2

she had anything to do with staying.

She has better relationships with ADC than Shelli, she is as responsible for that as Shelli is for NOT having those relationships and it's again evidence of the ADC making a personality based decision v. purely strategic one, and what is BEST for their game moving forward. I still think they are dumb as shit as a unit, though James is at least shown hints of having his eye on HIS game but finds himself allied with dumbfucks.

As has been pointed out MANY times, Big Brother is not Poker, much less PROFESSIONAL Poker.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I was more speaking to the times in poker where she DOES have to talk:  "I, ummm, am going to raise, like, ummm $50, so, ummmm, yeah".

• Love 7

I would give Vanessa props for that if she had anything to do with staying. But she doesn't. At all. And honestly she's actually playing this terribly. She just got lucky. 

Yeah, Vanessa, like Derrick last year, is a strong player, but not a versatile player. She basically has one schtick and when it doesn't work on someone she's got nothing else and gets very frustrated and marvels at how the other person could play the game so "irrationally." Van doesn't get that everyone doesn't buy into her fake friendly act and convoluted deals. Becky has her number, so she refused to engage in Vanessa's bullshit and it blew V's mind.  Even now when she's gotten a reprieve (due to some lucky breaks), she's going back to overplaying. She promised ADC the sun and the moon, then immediately turned around and schemed to have others put them up in the DE (so, technically, she is "keeping her word" by not putting them up herself). She just can't stop herself.

She has better relationships with ADC than Shelli, she is as responsible for that as Shelli is for NOT having those relationships and it's again evidence of the ADC making a personality based decision v. purely strategic one, and what is BEST for their game moving forward. I still think they are dumb as shit as a unit, though James is at least shown hints of having his eye on HIS game but finds himself allied with dumbfucks.

That is a fair point, but despite the fact that Van's relationships with ADC are better than theirs with Shelli, they still don't trust her and they still see through her at this point. If they could evict 2 people this week they would gleefully send Van out with Shelli; they still don't trust her and they still want her out.

• Love 2

I actually think it's the opposite. They view Shelli as more of a direct threat to their immediate safety in the game than Vanessa, which is true. I'm not even sure if Vanessa is the bigger long term threat anymore. She's basically only got Julia at this point. 

The one thing I will give Vanessa credit for is her planting the seeds with ADC that Shelli is in an alliance with JMac, Becky, Steve. After every pitch from Shelli they are on the verge of being swayed but always come back to how dangerous that group would be if they left Shelli in. 

• Love 5

It's really more about Shelli being petty and allowing her emotions to take over her game.  "Shirtgate" was ridiculous.  What she should have done was try to get on the good side of the other side of the house.

• Love 8

Please don't let Julia win HOH! 

Julia has to win to take out James. She was upset Austin and James think they can make deals on her behalf. 

Let Meg and Jackie crawl to Becky and John when their 6 person deal (which 6 is insulted by) blows up in their faces.

The target on Vanessa is still huge even if John or Becky doesn't survive DE. All of ADC plus John or Becky will still be coming after her. 

Anyone can win these quizzes. People are putting too much stock into who is studying. Last year Caleb won the first DE HOH quiz and Derrick won the second *on the first question* when he was trying to throw it. They're crapshoots. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

they still don't trust her and they still see through her at this point.

I think that is true of Jackie, and only Jackie. I think James likes Vanessa, and think he thinks he can *play* with her despite not trusting her. Mostly likely, especially after last week/this week, he thinks she's a good person to be standing next to in the end, because so many people are on her ass right now: the jury if so would be Becky/Jackie/John for sure a vote against V, and Meg a vote absolutely for James, so he only needs one more, and I think one if not both of the twins depending on how they got booted would vote for against Vanessa. I also think Meg likes Vanessa, and is basically Dorry the fish in the house, she forgets her ish with someone five minutes after she realizes she had any ish.

But yeah I think the only ones who are onto Vanessa are Jackie, Becky, and John. If Jackie actually made any effort to solidify up THAT little group, I'd be impressed, but she hasn't.  

as more of a direct threat to their immediate safety

Dealing with immediate threats week to week is good way not to win BB. There is no reason on earth they should trust anything Vanessa says about DE, both because she's probably lying or will change her mind. Ideally I'd like to see Jackie/John eliminated form the game this week, I HATE both of them viscerally and their whack ass game playing skills. Mostly I think because I want to see Becky and Steve in the most odd antagonistic alliance since Dani and Dick.

• Love 1

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I was more speaking to the times in poker where she DOES have to talk:  "I, ummm, am going to raise, like, ummm $50, so, ummmm, yeah".

This is a fantastic impression of her!

Yeah, Vanessa, like Derrick last year, is a strong player, but not a versatile player. She basically has one schtick and when it doesn't work on someone she's got nothing else and gets very frustrated and marvels at how the other person could play the game so "irrationally." Van doesn't get that everyone doesn't buy into her fake friendly act and convoluted deals. Becky has her number, so she refused to engage in Vanessa's bullshit and it blew V's mind.  Even now when she's gotten a reprieve (due to some lucky breaks), she's going back to overplaying. She promised ADC the sun and the moon, then immediately turned around and schemed to have others put them up in the DE (so, technically, she is "keeping her word" by not putting them up herself). She just can't stop herself.

+1.

Anyone can win these quizzes. People are putting too much stock into who is studying. Last year Caleb won the first DE HOH quiz and Derrick won the second *on the first question* when he was trying to throw it. They're crapshoots. 

LOL exactly. They are literally luck based imo. It's basically just guessing.

Dealing with immediate threats week to week is good way not to win BB.

I don't agree. I don't really know why I don't, but like what else do you do but deal with immediate threats? Thinking too far ahead is usually what kills games imo.

I HATE both of them viscerally and their whack ass game playing skills.

This perfectly describes my feelings towards Vanessa. Every time she speaks I just want to rip my ears off. Plus her game play is just astonishingly bad to me. And she should be much better than this imo, which makes it even more mind blowing to watch her be terrible lol.

• Love 4

I'd love to see James, Jackie or Meg win. They'd put up Vanessa/JMac, which could backfire on them. It would force Steve to pick a side and I don't know which way he would go. He would cast the deciding vote. Basically, I'm rooting for Steve to feel the most uncomfortable. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

Jackie is the only smart one in the ADC, but Meg and James' stupidity rubs off on her. It's like the opposite of Dan's mist. Meg and James actually want to go to the end with Austin and the twins. I just can't root for people this stupid.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

I don't agree. I don't really know why I don't, but like what else do you do but deal with immediate threats? Thinking too far ahead is usually what kills games imo.

Thinking too far ahead is what messed up 6S. They assumed they'd still have BotB after evicting Jason so instead of keeping the deal for immediate safety, they played for future numbers. And a big alliance isn't as advantageous without BotB.

I'd love to see James, Jackie or Meg win. They'd put up Vanessa/JMac, which could backfire on them. It would force Steve to pick a side and I don't know which way he would go. He would cast the deciding vote. Basically, I'm rooting for Steve to feel the most uncomfortable.

I would like to see John, Steve and Becky feel vulnerable this week. We've had weeks of the two sides going at it, with then in the middle. Becky was uncomfortable this week, but still safe. I want to see them really get pulled into the crossfire. Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

I'm almost positive he'd keep John.

• Love 1

Thinking too far ahead is what messed up 6S. 

YES!

Let me just rant some more about ADC voting out Shelli over Vanessa and people (elsewhere) acting like it's the dumbest thing ever because it is making my blood boil (tm Vanesssa). Like the fact of the matter is Shelli and Vanessa are both 100% coming after ADC. No matter who they vote out, they're still basically screwed unless they win HOH. And both Shelli and Vanessa have people beside them. Vanessa has Austwins and Shelli has Becky/John. So basically what I'm saying is that Vanessa and Shelli are a pretty even threat to ADC. And based on what has happened it doesn't surprise me that they went with Shelli. And it doesn't even register to me as a bad move, let alone the worse one I've seen.

And to me Shelli just seems like more of a threat moving forward. Becky/John seem more likely to hitch themselves to her 100% than Austwins do to Vanessa. Austwins were really and willing to drop Vanessa when they thought that's what the majority was doing. They go where the wind blows; they're malleable. Becky/John are much more steadfast players.

It just sucks for me that Becky's biggest threat isn't ADC's biggest threat. I was really liking the possibility of Becky/ADC working together.

• Love 3

Now that being said, Meg is deeply stupid lol. She actually truly believes Austwins are on ADC's side now. Sigh.

I honestly can't believe those three are relatively safe in the DE. I could see Steve getting rid of Austin, or maybe John breaking them up - only if Vanessa wins Veto. But that's it.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

It just sucks for me that Becky's biggest threat isn't ADC's biggest threat. 

Really sucks for Becky too. ADC majorly screwed her over. They were totally on board with Vanessa going. So Becky moved forward and was probably not as nice to Vanessa as she should have been. (Seriously, I realize that Becky hates Vanessa. Fine. But her ego got in the way and she was insistent on Vanessa knowing that she pulled one over on her. She should've swallowed her need to one up Vanessa and been more sympathetic and say it was a game move, not personal. Say what you will about Vanessa, but she was much better post-nominations during her HOH reigns than Becky was. Vanessa's conversation with Jason after he was blindsided was really, really well done.)

And yes there seems to be great debate whether ADC is making the right move with evicting Shelli. I honestly think it's a toss-up and it depends on who wins HOH tonight and is in power going into next week. I know that is simplistic, but it's really all it boils down to.

I honestly can't believe those three are relatively safe in the DE. I could see Steve getting rid of Austin, or maybe John breaking them up - only if Vanessa wins Veto. But that's it.

That's why I give Austin much more credit for his (purely social) game than most people do. I still think he's icky though.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 5

And yes there seems to be great debate whether ADC is making the right move with evicting Shelli. I honestly think it's a toss-up and it honestly depends on who wins HOH tonight and is in power going into next week. I know that is simplistic, but it's really all it boils down to.

It's true. Just like if 6S had won HOH even just one of the past two HOHs, getting rid of Jason wouldnt have been a mistake. You just don't know, so you have to go with the present information - which is never enough.

• Love 1

I agree with Peach. Never understood why everyone online is so aghast that ADC are looking out for themselves. Vanessa is really unpopular and it also screws over fan favorite JMac - that's all I can come up with. But from a game perspective it's probably 50/50 at this point, but I can see why they would be wary of Shelli working with JMac, Becky and Steve. That's a dangerous group. And the fact Shelli barely even tried campaigning until it was too late is just icing on the cake. She was hanging out with people who were voting her out and ignoring the people she needed the votes from. I still don't understand what she was thinking.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

I agree with Peach. Never understood why everyone online is so aghast that ADC are looking out for themselves. Vanessa is really unpopular and it also screws over fan favorite JMac - that's all I can come up with.

I think this is the crux of it. People dislike Vanessa and just want her gone.

• Love 4

I think choosing to evict shelli over vanessa is a bad decision for reasons that ADC are clearly unaware of.  Vanessa is the glue that holds her side together.  Despite Austin's recent misgivings, I think he would always go with Vanessa if he has a choice.  Vanessa also has strong ties to the twins.  It's unclear at this point what her relationship with Steve will be going forward but I believe that if she wanted she could get him in her back pocket again.  Without Vanessa, Steve has nobody aside from the useless Johnny Mac.  Austin and the twins are less powerful without Vanessa.  I also think Shelli would distance herself from Austin and the twins if Vanessa left.  She actually was friends with ADC and I think that relationship had more of a chance of being salvageable then James and company believed.

• Love 5