Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I signed in tonight to three reports about posts talking about Vanessa "stans" and an argument stemming from that ridiculousness. I have since edited and/or deleted those posts. 

A general warning to everyone participating in this thread: please refrain from attacking one another. This is a discussion about a silly reality show. Nothing discussed here is that serious. If you find yourself becoming heated and tempted to dismiss, ridicule, or outright argue with another poster, please take a moment to breathe before posting. If we cannot do this, I'll be forced to start doling out warnings which, to be honest, I'd rather not do. 

Leave the drama to the houseguests, please? It's more fun when we're all on the same page of making fun of them for it. 

• Love 8

Vanessa: "Oh, I wish I could write something. I could write a really good song about hypocrisy."

I just can't with this woman.

Although I'm sure her song "Pot, Kettle, Black" would be a real toe-tapper and catchy as hell.

• Love 8

Steve will probably leave on a dentist medical issue & neither Vanessa or Shelli will be evicted. I want Vanessa to leave just for the drama of it. I would then like Shelli next and then let everyone else fight it out. Eventually, the two sides will have to turn on each other. Who will survive then?

• Love 1

I can't find the post, but in one of the threads, someone was complaining that Austin was calling Shellie "grandma" during the HOH comp.  Isn't that what they often call Meg?  If so, wasn't he probably referring to Meg, rather than Shelli?

• Love 3

Would they even have to remove him permanently? Past contestants have been taken out for medical reasons and put back in the house. I don't know how involved the extraction would be, but wouldn't they just take him to the dentist, have the procedure done, then put him back in?

• Love 4

In theory Austwins should be a force but they are in their own little world. Liz and Austin are so self involved they've hardly given Vanessa the time of the day. Lifting a finger to help her stay or avenge her has been shot down by both. I knew it'll happen but I was honestly shocked at how fast they jumped ship. Austin went further to say it'll be a bad idea to go after Becky during DE but they seem fine going after James. I don't know why exactly that is.

I was pretty surprised how quickly they just ignored her also. The others are understandable, but I thought the Austwins would be the Jackie and Meg to Vanessa's Jason. They're definitely just going with the flow of the house and it's working for them, though. They don't want to draw attention to themselves.

I'm surprised Austwins wouldn't go after Becky - especially because they know she's close with pretty much everyone but them. Let Shelli gun for James, Meg and Jackie. John, Becky and Steve are exactly the type of HGs that are the most powerful because everyone needs them as their minions, so they'll go far. I'm surprised Austin doesn't realize this as a fan of the game. But he's also floated the idea of throwing HOH again this week, so I can't expect too much I guess.

ETA: Big Brother isn't like Survivor. If Steve has to see someone about his teeth, he won't be out of the game. Just MIA.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Julia has been more accommodating of Vanessa but Shelli has really been putting in time with her. She knows Vanessa has a mad dirt on her.

That is one of the reasons why I want to see Vanessa stop with the pity party. If she doesn't deliver it like she did the Becky stuff this afternoon, she might be able to do some damage to Shelli's game if not outright get the votes to stay.

Becky is no one's minion. She dumped Shay when she realized she was playing that role.

Steve vacated Rhat role under John's persuasion.

• Love 1

I was pretty surprised how quickly they just ignored her, also. The others are understandable, but I thought the Austwins would be the Jackie and Meg to Vanessa's Jason. They're definitely just going with the flow of the house and it's working for them, though. They don't want to draw attention to themselves.

I'm surprised Austwins wouldn't go after Becky - especially because they know she's close with pretty much everyone but them. Let Shelli gun for James, Meg and Jackie. John, Becky and Steve are exactly the type of HGs that are the most powerful because everyone needs them as their minions, so they'll go far. I'm surprised Austin doesn't realize this as a fan of the game. But he's also floated the idea of throwing HOH again this week, so I can't expect too much I guess.

That's because they isolate and are so out of the loop. They know Vanessa is better for their games than Shelli, but think they can't get the votes so won't try.  I understand why they wouldn't want to stick their necks out for a (probable) lost cause, but they seem oblivious to the house dynamics at this point. They seriously think they're golden and no one will target them. Honestly, Liz and Julia should mingle more because Austin is the idiot bringing them info. Last night Becky told Austin she and her pals weren't targeting him or the twins and he just believed her outright, then went and told Liz who also bought it hook line and sinker. They both seemed super relieved. If they feel safe enough to talk of throwing HOHs and not targeting Becky if they win, two of the three of them (please let one be Austin) deserve to go in the DE. 

OTOH, I can see Shelli getting to the final 2 at this point. And she would deserve it. 

• Love 2

They are in position to be that but I don't think they or anyone in the house is aware.

That's kinda why I thought it.  Wouldn't it be great if - under the radar, without any notice or fuss - JMacky organically evolved into the power couple TPTB artifically tried (and failed) to construct in Clelli?  :)

• Love 5

Steve could have his third molar extracted outside the house in a single day, then be back to non-physical comps a couple days later.  He'd probably need about a week before he'd be ready for physical comps.  Steve seems like a healthy young guy, so he'd likely recover from the oral surgery easily.  The greater issue, according to my dentist husband, is the amount of blood involved immediately following the extraction of an impacted 3rd molar.  A bunch of bloody gauze could be problematic on a reality show.  While having Johnny extract the tooth on the set of Big Brother might be entertaining, for a variety of reasons it's probably not the wisest idea. 

• Love 1

O.K fellow posters, I am watching bbad right now and I can NOT take Becky another minute! She is the most self involved houseguest as of right now and I just can't stand her! And if she repeats the finger point ONE MORE TIME.............! Also, what the hell is with the twins and the way they add on 'ah' after everything they say? So annoying!

Edited by kathybgd
  • Love 3

And now, according to Joker's, the ADC crew (sans Becky) has decided they want to keep Vanessa and vote out Shelli.  Wonder if that will stick or...

ETA: I can understand wanting to get the better competitor out first for DE.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 1

Shelli's been awful all day and if she ends up going, her arrogance and pettiness will be the main reasons why. If I were in that house, I'd want to vote her out just because of how smug she's being too.

Honestly, I don't know if getting rid of one is better than the other. If they can get Becky onboard, I think Shelli is a MUCH better choice to leave. But if they can't, I'm not sure it's worth burning one of their few allies for maybe one extra week of safety while Van/Austwins target Becky/JMac.

• Love 5

From here on out,regardless of which one of Shelli or Vanessa goes, I want to see Becky play an independent game. She has been right to trust her instincts when it comes to the ACD. They don't have her back. 

If she survives DE, there is a big possibility she'll lose JMac. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts. If she can.

• Love 1

From here on out,regardless of which one of Shelli or Vanessa goes, I want to see Becky play an independent game. She has been right to trust her instincts when it comes to the ACD. They don't have her back. 

If she survives DE, there is a big possibility she'll lose JMac. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts. If she can.

Isn't that kind of a chicken/egg scenario? The ADC doesn't have her back because they rightly know she's never fully had theirs. She's still lying to them this week as she tries to reel Shelli in for further down the road and JMac is out there pulling together a Shelli/Becky/Steve/JMac F4.

It's not like she did them some huge favor this week. She kept them off the block, just like they kept her off the block last week and would continue to keep her off the block if they're in power next week.

• Love 5

Stick to the plan! It's too dangerous to switch it up now.

Honestly, I am feeling sorry for Vanessa's girlfriend if Vanessa is pulling this kind of testy guilt tripping on her. Vanessa's need to get to the bottom of every single little thing is one of the big reasons she's in this mess.

Just when I start to like Shelli, I am stopped in my tracks. She's all up set about Clay's shirt. Woman, you are 33 years old. Get a grip. Your college sorority days are long gone. Also she seems to have forgotten she's on the block. Save your revenge seeking for when you are in power.

• Love 9

And now, according to Joker's, the ADC crew (sans Becky) has decided they want to keep Vanessa and vote out Shelli. Wonder if that will stick or...

ETA: I can understand wanting to get the better competitor out first for DE.

I don't think it will stick. James usually doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision. And Vanessa will do something shady or annoying that will seal her fate.

Is any of this Vanessa's strategy? Is she rolling over and dying in order to make Shelli and her confidence a more obvious target? She seems far more self-aware in her diary room sessions than on the show itself, so I'm wondering if there have been any hints on the feeds?

It wouldn't be Big Brother if people didn't go back and forth over who they want to get rid of a few times before Thursday. :)

I think that they'll probably eventually come back down on voting out Vanessa, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they stick with getting rid of Shelli. Shelli is a major threat and if you leave in Vanessa, she's coming for Becky, not the ADC. 

• Love 4

It wouldn't be Big Brother if people didn't go back and forth over who they want to get rid of a few times before Thursday. :)

I think that they'll probably eventually come back down on voting out Vanessa, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they stick with getting rid of Shelli. Shelli is a major threat and if you leave in Vanessa, she's coming for Becky, not the ADC.

And all this shirt silliness (don't know if James knows) just makes it clear that Shelli is out for James. If Shelli wins DE, James is gone. If Vanessa wins, her likely target is Becky.

I mean, simply for my viewing pleasure, I would like Vanessa gone because she is trouble in River City. I see their rationale for Shelli, but what does that do to their alliance with Becky, or is that simply a faux alliance? Does Becky like Shelli because she seems like someone who would shop at A&F?

Questions, questions. And unlike Vanessa I have no one to interrogate.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 5

I suppose it's because I most identify with Vanessa and Steve(n), that I hope Vanessa gets a reprieve on Thursday, even if she ends up leaving at the double elimination.  Whether through good game-play or bad game-plan (and sheer good luck) James, Jackie and Meg have been led to see (or otherwise realized) that Shelli remains the bigger threat in competition and making social connections. 

Maybe it's because there are no alliances in poker that Vanessa didn't really do well in choosing or maintaining hers, while at the same time being loyal enough to work (and over-play) to save them, at the cost of her own game. It's interesting to me that the two people with whom she was most closely aligned both put their real-or-imagined show-mance before their alliance (and their game). 

It seems that it always happens around the mid-point of the game ... I remember why I don't watch much reality TV–it always manages to show us the worst of people. 

• Love 5

Is any of this Vanessa's strategy? Is she rolling over and dying in order to make Shelli and her confidence a more obvious target? She seems far more self-aware in her diary room sessions than on the show itself, so I'm wondering if there have been any hints on the feeds?

Excellent question. She has used the excessive tears to look weak before -- at least I'm assuming they were strategic tears. I think she pulls them up from a real place of victimhood that she seems to carry deep within her, but I also think they are strategically applied. Weak Vanessa is no threat while over confident Shelli (that "i" ending is über annoying) makes it clear she's hanging out w the Austwins.

Also, wouldn't it be just sinfully gleeful, if the ADC voted Shelli and the Austwins voted Vanessa?

• Love 6

Really smart gameplay by Shelli pissing off a 3 person voting bloc. I mean, seriously. How stupid are these people? Her entitlement is so colossal that she doesn't even realize she's on the block and can be voted out.

I actually hope this does happen just so I can see the smug look on Shelli's face wiped away on national TV.

• Love 9

Both last week and this week, the correct play when you're not the target is to just shut up and not do anything. Last week Vanessa wouldn't do that and this week Shelli won't do that, either. It's some shockingly poor game play from both of them in back-to-back weeks. It's like the old adage, "Stop when you get your yes." This season has had a lot of that between Audrey, Shelli and Vanessa. They just can't be happy with positive developments. They have to keep talking and talking and talking until suddenly they make themselves targets.

• Love 9

Yes. It's like they are so obsessed with little meaningless details that they forget the big picture. Yes, someone lied to you. Yes, someone is being aggravatingly annoying. Yes, someone voted out your best friend/lover. Put it on pause. How do you get to the end in this game should be your only focus.

That said, I would be so terrible at this game. I would be Steve-- well, a clueless Steve who could t win competitions. I just hope I wouldn't resort to tears to get my way. A powerful woman using tears as a strategy either in game or real life does me in. I can't get behind that ever. Candice crying because she was the victim of racist attacks? That's understandable.

• Love 5

I don't think it will stick. James usually doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision. And Vanessa will do something shady or annoying that will seal her fate.

That's actually why I think it might happen. James has clearly been stewing on this since Thursday. He's tentatively brought it up before, as well as emphasizing to Becky that they had to make sure JMac would vote out Shelli if veto wasn't used. I think he's ALWAYS wanted Shelli to go and Shirtgate gave him something solid to point to to get Jackie/Meg thinking about it. 

• Love 7

I love it. ADC saves Vanessa, keeps the numbers on the other side of the house, and burns their bridges with Becky and JMac. This is just what I want... as someone who doesn't enjoy ADC. :)

Poor Becky. Made herself a target for nothing. She should have kept laying low.

• Love 5

I saw the discussion Shelli had about a shirt that James was wearing which was Clay's with the twins. Did something happen after that? Did she get into a confrontation with James? I also saw Clay's Twitter where he confirmed that the shirt was his but I'm not sure if he said James could have after he left or not. So much drama. LOL!!!

I saw the discussion Shelli had about a shirt that James was wearing which was Clay's with the twins. Did something happen after that? Did she get into a confrontation with James? I also saw Clay's Twitter where he confirmed that the shirt was his but I'm not sure if he said James could have after he left or not. So much drama. LOL!!!

Shelli and the twins went into the HN room, went through James's stuff and took 3 items Shelli said belonged to Clay.   Later, James realized this and made a comment that he would have given it back if asked.    Guess it started getting to him what they did.

• Love 2

I think so, too. Shelli is gunning for their threesome for sure, while Vanessa has Becky and John as primary targets. And Shelli has Becky and John on her side. But I think ADC will be so worried about losing any possibility of working with Becky and John that it won't happen. Plus, the Austwins settled on Vanessa leaving pretty quickly.

Everyone is so afraid of upsetting The House that I don't think anyone will outright admit wanting to change their mind - so everyone will skirt around the idea, not realizing the majority of The House want her to stay. It'll be too easy to just settle on the first decision of getting Vanessa out - especially with ADC and the Austwins having the same strategy of going with the flow.

Also, Vanessa is going to start throwing people UTB before she gets wind of this, and I think that will make ADC decide she's too shady to keep around.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

I will say that Becky has been super chatty since becoming HOH. She has a story for everything. It's not totally annoying but after not hearing for the few weeks it's takes getting used to. Iwmould guess everyone will stick to the plan since Becky did lay the groundwork and didn't nominate ADC. Also, I think it's hysterical how immature & mean girl Shelli became with shirt - gate. She's the oldest one there but she's acting like a teenage love struck girlfriend.

For game play only, Shelli leaving would be the best move over Vanessa for the first eviction on a DE week. Vanessa is less of a physical threat. If ADC crew can make it appear that Vanessa is going and then blindside Shelli would be the best. Good TV, and would throw Vanessa and the twins off their game so one of the ADC might have an edge to win the DE HOH and tossing one of the Austwins.

• Love 4
Yes. It's like they are so obsessed with little meaningless details that they forget the big picture. Yes, someone lied to you. Yes, someone is being aggravatingly annoying. Yes, someone voted out your best friend/lover.

And, yes, Shelli...nothing like this has happened this season...and YOU certainly didn't participate or initiate.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 5

If Vanessa plays it right I can see the ADC keeping her. She just has to play calm cool and collected. If she spooks James enough it's possible. She got a lot of Ammo from Shelli yesterday with her ranting about the shirt. James already knows she took it and said she could of just asked. If Vanessa plays this angle and gives them sound information anything is possible.

I just don't think the ADC needs to tell Becky. Okay you piss her off, it's one person. You also might not have the AusTwins as mad at you if you vote to keep Vanessa (but they don't think they are that close so it might not even cross their minds)

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

Both last week and this week, the correct play when you're not the target is to just shut up and not do anything. Last week Vanessa wouldn't do that and this week Shelli won't do that, either. It's some shockingly poor game play from both of them in back-to-back weeks. It's like the old adage, "Stop when you get your yes." This season has had a lot of that between Audrey, Shelli and Vanessa. They just can't be happy with positive developments. They have to keep talking and talking and talking until suddenly they make themselves targets.

Dammit, Brian Cronin, ya beat me to it. :)

• Love 1

By the way, I don't buy any of this as strategy by Vanessa. I mean, "Stay calm and just let Shelli do something dumb" is not an awful strategy, but I don't think that this is that. This is just the calm before Vanessa begins her bargaining storm. 

I am still having a hard time coming to terms with "Getting into a fight in the house with one third of a voting bloc WHILE YOU'RE ON THE BLOCK." I just can't even fathom how dumb Shelli is being. She and Vanessa played so well early on and now they're just falling over each other to see who can make the bigger strategic mistake.

• Love 5

By the way, I don't buy any of this as strategy by Vanessa. I mean, "Stay calm and just let Shelli do something dumb" is not an awful strategy, but I don't think that this is that. This is just the calm before Vanessa begins her bargaining storm.

No, Vanessa is far too hyperactive to let anything be - unfortunately for her, because the lay low strategy is working just fine. If she taught us anything last week, it's that she inserts herself where she doesn't belong to the detriment of her game.

• Love 3

I am still having a hard time coming to terms with "Getting into a fight in the house with one third of a voting bloc WHILE YOU'RE ON THE BLOCK." I just can't even fathom how dumb Shelli is being. She and Vanessa played so well early on and now they're just falling over each other to see who can make the bigger strategic mistake.

Yet they run the house the first half of the season.

Granted they were in power and it was their moves that landed them in these hot seats.

If one of the other survives, they won't do anything different. It is not in their DNA.

Whatever happens on Thursday, it'll be a miracle for both JMac and Becky to survive. A shame because I prefer them as strategic players than I do ADC.

• Love 1

This isn't strategy from Vanessa. She spent yesterday crying in bed but still managed to piss off her closest allies (Austwins and Steve). That's not laying low. That's acting like an idiot.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 6

Vanessa and Shelli are the definition of not having grace under pressure.

Swear to God. Reminds me of this bit from Young Frankenstein:

[after failing to bring the creature to life]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Nothing.

Inga: Oh, Doctor, I'm sorry.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No. No. Be of good cheer. If science teaches us anything, it teaches us to accept our failures, as well as our successes, with quiet dignity and grace.

[starts beating up the creature]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Son of a bitch! Bastard! I'll get you for this! What did you do to me? What did you do to me!?!?

Inga: Stop it! Stop that! Stop it! You'll kill him!

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I don't want to live. I do not want to live.

Igor: Quiet dignity and grace

[rolls eyes]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Oh... mama...

;)

• Love 4

From Joker's:

Mon 11:56 PM BBT Steve makes a "I'll cum half way. That's what she said" joke to Shelli. It went over her head. Van said his delivery was bad.

Mon 11:57 PM BBT Van to Steve: I'll give you pervert pointers. You can't just say "cum half way" and just stand there expecting us to get it.

I'm sorry, but - if you don't think that's funny, there's simply no hope.

• Love 3

Vanessa to Shelli: Remember how cold Becky was to Audrey? There is ice around that heart.

Uh, didn't Becky bring Audrey food when she was on hospice in the HN Room? 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 9