Type keyword(s) to search

Megyn Kelly and Fox News Speculation: Where the Talking Hits the Road

I concur.  This is one of those "Be sure your sin will find you out" deals.  You don't get to call that many people sinners without your own sins being thrown at you; or in this case, your own crimes and the resulting cover-up that continued to expose your daughters to a self-confessed child molester.  

And if Megyn (this spelling still makes my head want to explode) Kelly actually consults with an Arkansas lawyer about the legality of the FOIA request, I'll buy everyone in this forum yet another drink.

Mmmm, M-e-g-y-n, well, we have J-i-n-g-e-r....

• Love 2

Mods, the show airs at the same time on the West coast. (6pm here). Everyone will have the opportunity to watch it as it unfolds (can't say live since it's taped). 

Just wanted to throw that out there for my west coast peeps who might think they have to wait until 9. Not true! 

• Love 4

The irony there was that in the dust up after that story, a lot of people found out for the first time that "St Nick" was actually not white, and neither was Jesus. So if she does circle the wagons now it may not work out the way she hopes it will.

Is she the one that said pepper spray is just a food product?

Dumb question - I'm assuming this is airing tonight during the 9pm EST episode of "The Kelly File" ? It is listed as new but doesn't give an episode description.

My cable provider provided this description of tonight's episode:

"Television personalities Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar discuss the molestation allegations surrounding their son Josh."

Mods, the show airs at the same time on the West coast. (6pm here). Everyone will have the opportunity to watch it as it unfolds (can't say live since it's taped). 

Just wanted to throw that out there for my west coast peeps who might think they have to wait until 9. Not true! 

I live on the edge of the MST/PST time zone and get 2 feeds. You are correct my MST fox says 7pm and my PST says 6pm.

I won't be able to watch live because I fear my blood pressure would get too high. Set my non cable box  DVR (not giving them ratings) and will see reactions before I carefully watch what I predict to be several segments of their back story(debt free, early marriage) and then lots of turning the "crime" into the obtaining of the report and not of the abuse.

• Love 2

Those letters are almost enough to make one want to lose their will to live.

in other words, it's okay to molest your sisters. Because Jesus.

And there is no reasoning with those who believe this; it's a HOLY WAR to them and they believe their religion excuses any transgression against another person.

Leghumper bingo for the win!

• Love 2

But what the Duggars seem to be doing here is setting up a straw man (the unauthorized release of the report) to divert attention away from the real story (crime, cover-up, hypocrisy).

I don't want to hear about youthful mistakes, repentance, and forgiveness tonight.  I want Megyn to confront them about what I've bolded above.  Most of the outrage I've heard from people I've talked to is about the cover-up and hypocrisy surrounding Josh's crime.  The fact that the survivors had to experience even more abuse after JimBob knew because he didn't do what should have been done in the first place makes me sick to my stomach.  I hope, at some point, JimBob and Michelle get what they deserve for their horrendous parenting.

• Love 4

TomServo- your FB feed description is perfectly described. My Fundy friends are insisting this is religious persecution, my liberal friends say nothing short of jail will satisfy them.

Neither group, really, has watched the show.

I don't get the interview here in Ireland, and it will be the middle of the night. So I expect great things from all of you!!

(edited)

Why is Michelle holding that piece of paper in her hands? What is that? A copy of the police report? Or more likely, typed out answers to pre-screened questions?

Also she just refered to Josh's actions as "bad choices"! Ugh.

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 9

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/06/03/what-to-expect-from-the-fox-news-interview-with-josh-duggars-parents/?tid=sm_fb

WaPo's take on the interview based on comments Megyn Kelly has made.

I don't have much hope for this debacle of an interview, but I'd love to be wrong.

"We sought out God as never before."

And God said, 'Go on reality television where ye shall be an example to all people."

I'm sure they thought that God meant that they'd be a good example. But apparently he had something else in mind.

• Love 12

Or more likely, typed out answers to pre-screened questions?

It wasn't a police report. I'm surprise she just didn't use a teleprompter.

Hopefully Megyn points to the pics on the fridge and asks that the family is doing to protect THEM. Also, it's interesting to thee the set (house) lighted and staged in an 'adult', mornful tone.

First look at The Interview (cross-posted from the Media thread):

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/videos/vb.15704546335/10153327081996336/?type=2&theater

Note Megyn in her Republican Red, well-covered on top. I hope her knees aren't showing (as they usually are). 

And yes, Michelle, you are a failure as a parent. With a capital F. 

It looks like she is wearing black pants, so she is fully covered. No defrauding knees, here!

• Love 1
(edited)

It looks like she is wearing black pants, so she is fully covered. No defrauding knees, here!

That video sure looks like they recorded the interview right there in the Duggar kitchen and I had read that it wasn't going to be right in the Duggar home, but at another location outside the Duggar property. If that's where the interview was conducted, I'm already suspicious of the outcome.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Why is Michelle holding that piece of paper in her hands? What is that? A copy of the police report? Or more likely, typed out answers to pre-screened questions?

Yeah, I don't like the bad choices line.    Also, the interviewer called Josh a young boy. I disagree, at his age he would be considered a young man imo.

• Love 4

About 20 years ago evangelicalese started referring to sin as "bad choices" as it was a less culturally loaded term. Of course, as Fundies, the Duggars always enjoyed using the word "sin" up until now.

• Love 4

At least they are somewhat consistent? Molesting your siblings is a choice, just like being gay or lesbian or transgender is a choice. Of course, Josh repented and is on the right track now, whereas those gays and lesbians and transgenders . . .

• Love 8

I, for one, will definitely be needing alcohol to get through this. And I'll be tweeting through the show directing people to donate to RAINN. Gotta do something to combat the ick I'll be feeling. 

Wow I am surprised Jessa and Jill will be able to tell their stories. I wonder if it was pre-recorded at the same time as Jim and Michelle's or if they are going to wait to see the response to tonight's airing and then do damage control with Jill and Jessa

Re:https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial?fref=nfthis post in the media thread

Now this, I don't know if I'll be able to handle watching "live."

• Love 5

Wow I am surprised Jessa and Jill will be able to tell their stories. I wonder if it was pre-recorded at the same time as Jim and Michelle's or if they are going to wait to see the response to tonight's airing and then do damage control with Jill and Jessa

Re:https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial?fref=nfthis post in the media thread

There is nothing that would convince me that this wasn't the parents decision to make them talk.     Since they are supposed to be the family who CONFESSES everything and this was hidden and kept secret and Josh was made out to be their golden boy, then oh ok.

Jessa who didn't want her first kiss to be public or televised and now she wants to talk about molestation?    

There will never be a way of knowing the truth, but if those already slimy piece of shit creepy parents are forcing those girls......I hope they are struck by lightening.    

I wish Child Protection could find a way to take all the younger children away for good, to non fundie homes where they can be free.

• Love 14
(edited)

I just saw the clip. Megyn calls Josh a young boy. I was thinking I consider a young boy 6-10ish, but I realize different people have different definitions of young vs mature vs older.

Then remember the Duggar's kids get driving permits at age 14.

They Duggar's boys have gotten their own gun at age 14 or younger.

The Duggar's "graduate from Homeschool" at 16.

So do they let their young son Josh drive and own a gun? and he graduated from homeschool 1 year after this happened.

Most people would consider a male that drives, owns a gun and is about to finish their education a young adult not a young boy.

I would love the  question, so the mistake happened when Josh was 15 when he was a young boy  and then he went to a 3 month hard labor camp, got adequate counseling and managed to  graduate from homeschool and start a political media firm all within 1 year of the mistake?

Editted because I just remembered wasn't young boy Josh courting at 14?

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 8

Yeah, I don't like the bad choices line.    Also, the interviewer called Josh a young boy. I disagree, at his age he would be considered a young man imo.

The DUGGARS would have considered Josh a "young man" at 14. They don't believe in "teen" years, and put their boys to work with JB - adult work - as soon as they turn 13. Of course, the Duggars will do nothing to correct Megyn; it's all about a "boy" who made "bad choices." Ugh...

• Love 11

So if two sisters are also going to talk, why isn't Josh?

And the sisters will be "forgiveness, forgiveness, brought us closer, made us stronger," etc., and no one will address the crime.

• Love 19
(edited)

So after Jessa has gone on tv on Friday to explain that it was all no big deal and she and God have totes forgiven her brother, how long will it be before the news reports mention the many people she's condemned to hell on instagram over the past year?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

By their own religious beliefs, he was almost certainly "accountable" by now older than eight. In the tradition of Fundy arrogance, particularly for an oldest child, he may have been held accountable from the age of four. At some point he would have had a testimony and baptism, one assumes. Now, that doesn't mean that he no longer sins (that's a theological can of worms we don't need to open) but that he was AWARE of things morally AND spiritually.

• Love 1

Good point. Josh needs to talk. I know they are going to try to distance themselves from him (if the show goes on) but it's ridiculous to not have him be interviewed, but Mommy and Daddy and his victims will be?!

• Love 5

I have a feeling that I'm going to want to throw something at my TV at some point during the interview, so I'm making sure my slippers  are nearby, they're softer. I wonder if Josh and Anna and the kids will be watching something entirely different to get it off their minds?

beyonce-tv.gif

• Love 3

There is nothing that would convince me that this wasn't the parents decision to make them talk.     Since they are supposed to be the family who CONFESSES everything and this was hidden and kept secret and Josh was made out to be their golden boy, then oh ok.

Jessa who didn't want her first kiss to be public or televised and now she wants to talk about molestation?    

There will never be a way of knowing the truth, but if those already slimy piece of shit creepy parents are forcing those girls......I hope they are struck by lightening.    

I wish Child Protection could find a way to take all the younger children away for good, to non fundie homes where they can be free.

I'm sure it was the parents' decision. But I do wonder whether the girls' desire to get their own show as a spinoff didn't play a role in encouraging them to do it. They aren't the buy-used-save-the-difference Duggars any more, but the young women who got fancy honeymoon trips and eat out all the time and are still convicted to purpose to have 42 children, even though three out of four of the members of these two young couples are essentially unemployed. The screaming brakes of the gravy train have to be ringing pretty hard in their ears.

Good point. Josh needs to talk. I know they are going to try to distance themselves from him (if the show goes on) but it's ridiculous to not have him be interviewed, but Mommy and Daddy and his victims will be?!

So much for being particularly concerned about what the evil police chief and mean media did to the girls by parading their identities in public. Kind of proves that it was never the victims' identities they were in the least concerned about. Their concern is that Josh and, especially, JimBob and Michelle were outed as not being who they claimed to be on television.

• Love 14

So after Jessa has gone on tv on Friday to explain that it was all no big deal and she and God have totes forgiven her brother, how long will it be before the news reports mention the many people she's condemned to hell on instagram over the past year?

y3usJcw1t8g672o1.gif

• Love 5

The interview was previewed on "The Five".  They showed two questions.  First, what was their reaction when the son came to them and told them what he had done?  They gave a spiel about how they raised them to know right from wrong and were of course  devastated.    Second question, do you think you are being judged harshly because of your Christianity?  Boob rambles on with some lame answer while Michelle gazes into his eyes like she is under his spell.  Oy.

• Love 2

Josh won't be on tv because TLC doesn't want Josh anymore.  Josh is done with 19 kids. Jim Bob and Michelle have admitted they are trying to save the show. Jill & Jessa are appearing to test the waters for a spin off. No need to have Jinger on, she isn't courting or pregnant. TLC and Jim Bob knows the money is coming in from Jill and Jessa. How can anyone say anything rude about them if they are victims and have forgiven Josh.

• Love 7

Second question, do you think you are being judged harshly because of your Christianity?  Boob rambles on with some lame answer while Michelle gazes into his eyes like she is under his spell.  Oy.

Oh my GOD. That was one of our joke questions!!!

• Love 5

The moderators have been working diligently behind the scenes trying to make this a place where we can discuss this volatile and difficult subject without flame wars and victim shaming and general grossness. While we appreciate the thoughtfulness of our posters, we have also had to hide and delete a fair number of posts. We're in the forest and we're dousing the embers as we see them to stop everything going up in flames.

Thread Timing

Just prior to the interview, the current interview speculation thread (i.e., this thread) will be locked.
After the interview finishes airing on the East coast, we will unlock the interview discussion thread. There will be no live chat.

Interview Discussion Guidelines

Don't be a dick. That's really it but to be specific on some past pain points there are these guidelines (which have been serving us well so far) and we appeal to your better angels to continue to follow them:

Don't be gross, there are real people involved. Be respectful of the victims and mindful of fact vs conjecture.
Don't speculate about the specific identity of the victims.  Yes, we know most of them were his sisters and that's more than enough for us to know.
Don't speculate about whether Josh was behind further abuse, whether he was abused, who else might have abused someone else, etc.

We will have 6 regular mods around the next couple days, as well as some temporary volunteers, including stacey, radishcake, photofox and WendyCR72 on ember patrol. Help us by being respectful of the situation, your fellow posters and the mods.

Moderation of hot topics usually involves hiding questionable posts for further group review. You may see a few posts disappear and reappear. You will see some disappear and never come back.

• Love 2

Now this, I don't know if I'll be able to handle watching "live."

Me too. I honestly don't know whether I'll be able to watch - yet it won't be fair to comment without watching. Rock, meet creepy place.

• Love 3
(edited)

We forgot to add "tears" and fake angst to the drinking game!

Jill will give us tears.

Jessa wil provide us with her angst that she has been forbidden to posts selfies of her baby bump.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

I keep thinking of teenage Michelle, who was a normal girl from a normal but divorced family.

This was on the last page but when did Michelle's parents get divorced?  I had never heard that one before.  Her mother died young, but I always thought they were married until then.

• Love 2

I assume this will be called the Dillard-Seewald show. Since I still don't see who's going to advertise on any show that's attached to the name "Duggar."

And can TLC seriously imagine that there won't be a massive massive effort to scare off the advertisers after Jill and Jessa are paraded on television for what is clearly no purpose except to shill for more (shhh! Duggar) bucks?

• Love 7

I think I'm going to literally be sick.  I expected JimBoob and Michelle to throw a hail mary pass but to make their daughters talk about this on national TV

when they can barely talk about grown things like sex without giggling like two year olds is shocking.   They must really be desperate.  I can't even imagine the mental pressure those girls must be under.

• Love 7

They showed a clip on "The Five" just caught the tail end. Kimberly Guilfoyle (I think) said "Are they being targeted because they're Christians?" and Greg Gutfeld says "No, they're being targeted because they have a sick son." 

Ha!

• Love 11