Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

• Start Topic

What happened to Jeyne Poole is worse than what happened to Sansa.

We don't actually know that because Sansa's "relationship" with Ramsey is just beginning. The wedding night is just beginning.  For all we know, Theon will be playing the same role in Sansa's marriage bed that he played in Jeyne's.  I hope the show won't go there.  But they could.

(edited)

One thing about Baelish is he really always took his lumps. I thought much of Sansa's introduction to Baelish in the books was learning that he didn't try to hide his humble castle, his lack of physical prowess, his ownership of brothels, his bedding of Lysa, his deviousness. So, I guess maybe we will see her have to endure Ramsey until she moon doors him.

And he got exactly what he wanted from Cersei. He gambled Sansa for certain, but she is his queen and he is trying to get all his pieces around her without endangering his relationships in Kings Landing.

I did think the Many Faced God crypt/temple was awesome and about what I predicted. So, I am thinking Arya's story will be a better translation. I am worried that Jon's is changing and I surely hope we get Sam seeing a crazy girl in Braavos vignette.

Edited by Funzlerks
  • Love 1

Sansa cooly telling psycho Myranda to back off had me hoping for another ending for Sansa's wedding night...that Ramsay revealed his evil self so completely freaked me out. And, repulsed me. The eerie beauty of her wedding in the Godswood, and the smooth voice of Roose just lulled me along into total horror. I'm guessing old Ramsay sent Myranda along to unnerve Sansa. Bring it on Stannis...time for Ramsay, Roose and the psycho harem to meet the Red God's fire. 

Thank the seven Olenna's in town. Where are the Tyrell armies? Time to cut the food supply to King's Landing and roll those soldiers into KL. Tommen can die now as well...totally useless waste of space. And Cersei...glad to see the shifty Littlefinger screwing her over. Add Sansa to another of Littlefinger's Stark victims.

• Love 8

Ugh, I did not enjoy this episode.

The thing about this show, and the book series as well, is that awful things happen to people all the time, but you can usually take a step back and understand how things ended up playing out the way they did.  Like, the Red Wedding was awful, but it made sense.  Sansa getting book!Jeyne's storyline is also awful, but it's made worse by the fact that it doesn't make sense.  Even in the little details, it's like no one really thought it through.  Why are there no other Northern lords at the wedding?  Why didn't they have a wedding feast?  Okay, part of this complaint is that I'm still bitter about losing the Manderleys and the Frey pie (side note: where did all the Freys go?), but it seems like they just decided that the most important thing to include in this whole storyline was the rape scene, and that's incredibly worrisome.

I was also a bit bothered by how Myrcella was depicted in this episode.  Admittedly, there's not a ton a characterization for her in the books, but the way they showed her and her relationship with Trystane just felt off to me.  She's described as being brave, smart, and confident while Trystane is the one who seems to follow her lead more.  Maybe it'll change if we see more of them, but that isn't the direction they seem to be going in at the moment.

• Love 5

I also think Sansa is given way too little credit by attributing one act to turning her into a damsel. She is playing a long game and will be a large catalyst in how the future politics of the North continues. Her scene with Myranda was chilling. This woman knows what she is doing, and doesn't afraid of anything. 

We saw Sansa's terrified face at the end, and her genuine cries of pain.  The point of that scene was so that Ramsay could prove her wrong.

• Love 4

In addition to what was done to Sansa, I'm disappointed that we're apparently not going to have a massive wedding party trapped at Winterfell during a blizzard like in ADWD.  That was a great exercise in gothic horror.  Now the tension will come from wondering what horrible thing Sansa will have to endure from Ramsay next.

• Love 4

EW already has two interviewers out about the final scene. One from Bryan Cogman and one from Sophie Turner.

Gee, what a "shock" it was that Alex Graves was the first one to bring this to Sophie Turner's attention.  After Graves said he didn't think the sept scene was a rape and that was it his favorite scene to shoot, I'm sure he was disappointed he didn't get to film the Ramsay/Sansa wedding night scene.

Cogman backed away from that whole "Theon joins in" storyline like a plague thankfully.

• Love 3
(edited)

Cogman could not come off worse.

In addition to what was done to Sansa, I'm disappointed that we're apparently not going to have a massive wedding party trapped at Winterfell during a blizzard like in ADWD.  That was a great exercise in gothic horror.  Now the tension will come from wondering what horrible thing Sansa will have to endure from Ramsay next.

And you got something cathartic RIGHT there if you were paying attention to what Manderley was doing.  I mean celebrating cannibalism is where GoT takes us, but fuck the Freys.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 6

Well Cogman confirmed that Littlefinger didn't know Ramsay's predilections.  Because yeah I don't think Littlefinger joins up with someone who is almost as unstable as Joffery.

I also see the other aspect which is something I missed.  Sansa's treatment at the hands of Ramsay opens her to potential sympathy for Theon.  Something we don't get if this doesn't happen.  Before the wedding she doesn't care if Theon gets punished, after being on the receiving end she has more insight.  Yes she was tortured by Joffery,

• Love 5

URGH. I was so hoping Sansa would be able to play Ramsey, so at least the wedding night would be easier for her. It was so simple to write it to that too. When Ramsey all blah blah honesty Sansa should have chimed in, "Well if we're being honest, your little friend Myranda came to me today. She told me you did XYZ. I think she was trying to scare me."

"So you didn't believe her?"

"I believed every word. It just didn't scare me. " Then she could have spun a story about everything she went through in King's Landing and lied that she was the one who killed Joffrey and deliberately framed Tyrion for it.

She could still have had the revelation that she needed to GTFO without the wedding night being so traumatic.

How would that have been in character for Sansa, or for anyone else, for that matter? What experience has Sansa had, that would have made her think that was a good idea? How would it have helped her to do it?

Nothing's worse than a wimpy little braggart saying "you don't scare me," with NOTHING to back it up. That's when the abuser does something horrible like sticking your face on a forge or slicing off some part of you, and says "do I scare you now?" Whatever else she is, Sansa's not stupid.

If she had confessed to the murder of Joffrey, the King, and also to deliberately framing Tyrion, all that would do is confirm in Ramsey's mind that he's doing God's work by torturing her. There's nothing scary about a scrawny little girl bragging she's done evil and that nothing scares her. Theon Greyjoy had an army and some training in arms and Ramsey took him down like candy, and moreover feels good about doing it because Theon was doing something kind of bad at the time. Sansa hasn't even got Theon's battle skills.

• Love 13

How could Littlefinger NOT KNOW about Ramsey? JFC, did these morons read the fucking books? He's not Varys, but he's not stupid.  This show doesn't even make sense in its own universe. Littlefinger is some mastermind but he doesn't do a reference check on his obsession's intended? Does. Not. Compute.  He can fly around GIGANTIC WESTEROS at the speed of plot but can't pull someone aside, offer them a bag of gold and be like "So, Ramsey... what's he really like?"

This show is so fucking dumb.

• Love 16

Show Littlefinger is far from a mastermind unfortunately.  The show had him kill Lysa last season with NO back-up plan whatsoever.  He only survived because Sansa bailed him out.

• Love 2
(edited)

So on topics other than THAT scene...

Does anyone actually believe LF would let Cersei get her paws on his beloved Catelyn-reborn, Sansa? I think he senses the instability in KL and that Tommen's reign is a sinking ship.

I LOVED the "shrine" at the House of Black and White. It was incredibly creepy but was mesmerizing and kind of hauntingly beautiful. I'll be interested to see who a young girl will become. 

Gotta say that Tyrion is quite the quick thinker when his life (or manhood) is on the line. First with the wildlings, now with these pirates. I hope his plot armor can keep him alive and whole!

I did not realize how much I missed Matriarch Tyrell. Dianna Rigg really owns that role and is easily in my top 3 favorite characters in the show. Can't wait for her showdown with the High Sparrow.

Edited by ohaifriendo
  • Love 3

How could Littlefinger NOT KNOW about Ramsey? JFC, did these morons read the fucking books? He's not Varys, but he's not stupid. This show doesn't even make sense in its own universe. Littlefinger is some mastermind but he doesn't do a reference check on his obsession's intended? Does. Not. Compute. He can fly around GIGANTIC WESTEROS at the speed of plot but can't pull someone aside, offer them a bag of gold and be like "So, Ramsey... what's he really like?"

This show is so fucking dumb.

Yeah, this is the man who told Cersei thst information was true power.

I think the show woul have been better off adapting the books only once they were done or to have decided right off the bat to make up their own ending and so decided then who they could cut out, merge, etc.

I'm guessing old Ramsay sent Myranda along to unnerve Sansa.

That will be interesting if it's true but it seems more likely to me that Myranda is playing her own game, driven by jealousy, and at some point she's going to do something to Sansa that Ramsay does NOT approve of and she'll be punished.  And it will be awful.  In the meantime -- it's probably a good thing for Sansa to know just what a sick MoFo Ramsay is so that she is careful.  She said she wasn't scared but after what she heard in the bath I'm sure she was frightened and that goes even farther to explaining her not standing up for herself at all in the bridal suite.

• Love 2
I'll be interested to see who a young girl will become.

My guess is the young girl she gave the water to.

And the Queen of Thorns is going to make sure the High Sparrow takes down the Queen of Tarts.   I totally expect that LF plans to take the Vale army north to beat whomever is left and then will marry Sansa.  The king will have no choice but to name him Warden of North.  I think LF expects that Tommen's reign won't be too long either and by then he'll have proven himself a potential candidate.

Nice quick path to Mereen we're getting.  Gotta love Tyrion's quick wit.

• Love 4

One other annoyance about this episode, so minor it was drowned out by my horror at the ending...Cersei bandies a few words with Littlefinger about his fidelity, then turns away saying, "If that will be all..." Uh, lady? You ordered him to come to KL. Surely you had more in mind than simply a declaration of fealty that you could've gotten by raven. Maybe he could take up his old position as Master of Coin, since you don't have one anymore? No? Okay, whatever.

• Love 8

At first I thought the final scene was intended to motivate Theon to take action, since probably nothing less would be emotionally strong enough for him to overcome the Reek conditioning.  Or, setting the stage for Sansa to be rescued by Brienne and Pod.  I was appalled at the thought that Sansa's abuse was to advance the story line like that.  But now I'm thinking that the rape wasn't to motivate Theon, but Sansa herself into taking action sooner, rather than later.  LF may be in for quite a surprise.

• Love 8

Well considering what happened to Jeyne poole it could be worse.  But yeah I'm not thrilled they went there.  If I understand Baelish's plan it's basically let Stannis and Bolton break each other then come in  with the knights of the vale and take the west and the east.  Then take those forces and take over kings landing?

They really are setting Cersei up big here. I can't believe she doesn't think Lancel is a danger to her.  The Main difference between the books and this section though is that they reveal it was false tesitmony against Margery and Loras, so what will the High Sparrow do?  Keep them there or what?

I hate to say it but the point of that scene wasn't meant  for Sansa it was meant for Theon, to give him the impetus to break free of Ramsey's control.

And yeah using a woman's rape and pain to inspire the man is a bad trope and it really really sucks, but Martinb did it too, if i remember correctly it's was his treatment of Jeyne that got Theon to escape. 

I just hope they don't break Sansa  like Jeyne was.

One advantage of being an experienced "victim" (as people seem to want to call it), is that you don't break that easily anymore. Sansa will duck her head and play along, because she has to if she wants to live.

Dramatically it's better that it's Sansa, not Jeyne. It raises the stakes, it is consistent with Sansa's skillset, and it's an empathy-building experience for Sansa. She sort of needs it, really.

• Love 8

Show Littlefinger is far from a mastermind unfortunately.  The show had him kill Lysa last season with NO back-up plan whatsoever.  He only survived because Sansa bailed him out.

I see this as a show vs tell thing. Like we're TOLD constantly how SMRT Littlefinger is and yet everything we dissect later falls apart by what they actually show us.  We're told constantly he's playing some kind of speed chess but upon examination after the episode he's really just playing tetris: he's shoving pieces into where they fit instead of using a solid, long-term plan. And I think his plans are going to end like all tetris games: all stacked up with so many holes in it and no place to put a new piece.

• Love 8

One advantage of being an experienced "victim" (as people seem to want to call it), is that you don't break that easily anymore. Sansa will duck her head and play along, because she has to if she wants to live.

Dramatically it's better that it's Sansa, not Jeyne. It raises the stakes, it is consistent with Sansa's skillset, and it's an empathy-building experience for Sansa. She sort of needs it, really.

So what she went through in King's Landing wasn't empathy building? Her rape brings nothing to the narrative other than shock value, 

• Love 5

I thought Littlefinger played Cercei like a cheap banjo.  He outed Sansa, because that was a secret that wouldn't keep anyway, and he was able to use it to drive a wedge between Lannisters and Boltons.  He got her permission to mobilize the armies of the Vale, who are completely fresh now, and send them north.  I don't think he's going to fight the winner of the Stannis / Roose showdown, I think he's going to join forces with them.

The sand snake fight was ludicrous.  I have a hard enough time telling them apart when they're standing next to each other.  Whirling around with scarves on their faces I was reduced to "the one with a spear, the one with knives, the one with a whip" but no idea which was which, nor any real interest in figuring it out.

I really hope Sansa takes some agency in rescuing herself, but based on the previews it doesn't look that way.  Ugh.

• Love 8
(edited)

Tyrion tells Jorah what happened to his father.  THANK YOU show for filling in that plot hole in the books!

Poor Sansa, how awful.  I understand why they went there - they need Theon to break his brainwashing and Sansa to trust Theon and ignite the fire under both of them to take action themselves instead of waiting for Littlefinger to come back.  Sansa'd move too slowly, if at all, if Ramsay treated her well.  

See Margaery, that's what happens when you marry a weak, easily manipulated man.  He's weak with everyone - including you. 

Can't wait for the Queen of Tarts's little plot to backfire spectacularly.  

I love that Littlefinger is stabbing the Boltons right in the back.  Awesome.

The Sand Snakes are fucking idiots.  If you want to be a ninja, you dress to blend in, not stand out.  I hope Doran locks them and the stupid Ellaria and her stupid haircut in a dungeon and throws away the key.  

I hope there wasn't poison in that blade that cut Bronn.  

There's such a thing called a cock merchant?  Who knew?

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 10

Describing Sansa as a "hardened woman" is a stretch, Cogman, an unlikely one. And yes, Littlefinger does have a clue about Ramsay...he knows Roose is utterly cruel, and it is impossible to believe that Ramsay's flayings of northern lords or the surrendering Ironborn at Moat Cailin were unknown to him. Forcing Sansa into a marriage with another monster works in LF's favor...he will look pretty good as a rescuer assuming Sansa survives. 

The truncated story has left  the various armies forgotten, with the exception of Stannis and the Golden Company. Book Lannister/Frey forces were still at Riverrun, and the Tyrell army was being led by Mace...somewhere. To Cersei's question of whether the Kingdom should be torn apart again...yeah baby, you have the heir to Highgarden and the Queen in chains, do you think Grandma is going to let that ride? Cut off the Tyrell food supply and the Sparrows won't be feeding the poor, they will be cracking heads as riots break out. 

• Love 5

No, it's not dramatically better.  It sacrifices all Sansa's character development in favour of putting her in exactly the same role she occupied before, only worse.  She's in literally the same place she was in season 2.

• Love 13

The Sand Snakes are fucking idiots.  If you want to be a ninja, you dress to blend in, not stand out.  I hope Doran locks them and the stupid Ellaria and her stupid haircut in a dungeon and throws away the key.

Will a tower do?  Because I think the one in the opening credits with the snake wrapped around it may be available.

• Love 4
(edited)

No, it's not dramatically better.  It sacrifices all Sansa's character development in favour of putting her in exactly the same role she occupied before, only worse.  She's in literally the same place she was in season 2.

Exactly.  And so far in Season 2, Sansa hasn't used any of what she's learned to survive.  She's EXACTLY in the same position she was in for the past four scenes, a victim who can't do anything to save herself.  Instead of Jeyne and Theon being abused, it's Sansa and Theon being abused.

The only way this storyline can be salvaged is if Sansa emerges from this as a true power player.  Otherwise, D&D would have put her in this storyline simply to be a victim again, simply to be an objective for Brienne to rescue and simply to be the reason that Theon redeems himself.  That would make her both a victim and a plot device.

Great dig by LF to Cersei about how curious one's choice of companion can be.  Taking a swipe at her twincest there in private made a hell of a lot more sense than it did in Season 2 when he said something similar in front of Cersei's guards.  Cersei needs LF more than ever and can't threaten him for running his mouth.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5

Is anything ever actually happen during those season? We are six episodes in and they are just moving the chess pieces around.

FFS can the producers please move the story along or is this entire season going to build up to a huge finale where every storyline gets 5 minutes and the ending(s) are just going to force us until next season to see a resolution?

Note to the producers that you guys have said it's going to be a seven season series so I don't know what the fuck you guys are waiting for.

• Love 3

I've got other tv shows where I'll get joy from watching them and I've got the ASOIAF book series to finish the story properly. I don't need to entertain D&D and Cogman's misogyny. 

• Love 2

Is anything ever actually happen during those season? We are six episodes in and they are just moving the chess pieces around.

FFS can the producers please move the story along or is this entire season going to build up to a huge finale where every storyline gets 5 minutes and the ending(s) are just going to force us until next season to see a resolution?

Note to the producers that you guys have said it's going to be a seven season series so I don't know what the fuck you guys are waiting for.

With The Winds of Winter nowhere in sight, I have absolutely no idea where the final two seasons are headed.

I was under the impression that Sansa was starting to *get* it, that she was going to be a player in the game. Particularly after reading her latest chapter from WoW. This isn't that. At all. This is exactly what was happening to her in King's Landing. They took away Jeyne Poole, but they just couldn't resist the rape. That's what it feels like to me. It's just so so so disappointing to me.

• Love 8

I thought there was some movement.  The Tyrells are forced into action and Cersei is headed for a huge fall.  The kidnap/rescue of Myrcella by the Sand Snakes that took up so much time in the books was over and done with in just a few minutes in one episode.  Theon and Sansa were pushed together and now have to trust each other and take action.  Jorah and Tyrion are on a fast track to Meereen.  Everyone except Arya got a huge push forward and even she gets to do something else besides scrub floors for a change.

• Love 5

Exactly.  And so far in Season 2, Sansa hasn't used any of what she's learned to survive.  She's EXACTLY in the same position she was in for the past four scenes, a victim who can't do anything to save herself.  Instead of Jeyne and Theon being abused, it's Sansa and Theon being abused.

The only way this storyline can be salvaged is if Sansa emerges from this as a true power player.  Otherwise, D&D would have put her in this storyline simply to be a victim again, simply to be an objective for Brienne to rescue and simply to be the reason that Theon redeems himself.  That would make her both a victim and a plot device.

Great dig by LF to Cersei about how curious one's choice of companion can be.  Taking a swipe at her twincest there in private made a hell of a lot more sense than it did in Season 2 when he said something similar in front of Cersei's guards.  Cersei needs LF more than ever and can't threaten him for running his mouth.

That's the problem with Sansa replacing Jeyne isn't it? Jeyne's abuse is more about Theon's redemption and the Northern Lords joining Stannis. And even if Sansa becomes a leader for the North. Who's going to rally to her? The old lady, peasant guy, Brienne and Pod? 

• Love 1

The other Northern Houses that lost family members in the Red Wedding?

You mean the unnamed background extras? I'd kill for the Manderlys, Glovers and Dustins to show up but its not happening.

• Love 6

At first I thought the final scene was intended to motivate Theon to take action, since probably nothing less would be emotionally strong enough for him to overcome the Reek conditioning.  Or, setting the stage for Sansa to be rescued by Brienne and Pod.  I was appalled at the thought that Sansa's abuse was to advance the story line like that.  But now I'm thinking that the rape wasn't to motivate Theon, but Sansa herself into taking action sooner, rather than later.  LF may be in for quite a surprise.

I really hope you're right.

If it's a deliberate narrative decision to put an older, more experienced Sansa back into the season 2 situation but with higher stakes and have her use that experience to create a different outcome then okay I'm not going to be happy but I understand why the choice was made. However if all they're doing is substituting Sansa for Jayne then yeah I'm going to stop watching.   

• Love 1
(edited)

Plus the time it took for Doran's main goon to come break up the party.  So Ellaria only has 3 Sand Snakes?  Wasn't there more of them? The better plan would have been for one of them to just snatch Myrcella while her sisters engaged Trystane and whoever happened to be around.  

There's 8, but most of them are still children.

Even in the books the only ones that take part in the plot are Obara, Nym and Tyene. Sarella is old enough, but she's away from Dorne (suspected to be in Oldtown masquerading as a novice of the Citadel), Elia is 14, so she could also maybe play a part, but she's also young enough that she can be controlled, and Obella, Dorea and Loreza are all too young (I think they are all younger than 10.)

Edited by Maximum Taco
(edited)

First award for tonight's episode goes to the cinematographer.  The episode was full of visual delights like the hall of faces and the nighttime Winterfell wedding scene.  Always a spectacular looking show, but I really enjoyed this one.  Littlefinger's plans are starting to become more evident now.  Cersei's cool dismissal of Olenna was brilliantly bitchy, as was her setting up Margaery, which is what the trial of Loras is all about.  But it will be fun to see how Cerei's woeful underestimation of the threats to the Lannisters will come back to haunt her in the end when her underfunded, under-equipped, and under-fead army must defend multiple fronts plus those pesky dragons.  Theon, you most pitiful and pathetic charcater ever to grace a tv screen.  How I hate you so.  It's time for Sansa to man-up since Reek obviously can't.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5

No, he set up a situation in which Sansa would feel obligated to bail him out. He killed Lyssa to save Sansa's life, after all. And he made that declaration of love for Cat, too, tipping Sansa off that he might love Sansa, too, since she looks so much like her mother.

But Sansa's life wouldn't have even needed saving, had he not kissed her. And that kiss was calculated--he timed it when he KNEW that Lyssa would be coming out to tell Sansa off for hitting Robin. He did that on purpose. So, yes, he IS a Mastermind. He was going to kill Lyssa eventually anyway, and he did it in such a way that it would score points with Sansa and get her to do exactly what he needed her to do.

What's amazing about LF is that even when he tells us what he's about to do, and then we see him do it, we still don't realize he did it. He is all about the long con, killing two birds with one stone, and using one mark to set up the next.

• Love 8
(edited)

I have to say that the changes made last year on the infamous Sept scene, plus the changes to Dany's wedding in S1 and Craster's keep mutineers "background" don't plead in favor of the showrunners and their use of sexual violence. Maybe they just substituted Sansa for Jeyne Poole because they thought viewers would be more affected, without regard for her storyline on TWoW/aDoS. 

On the other hand, I don't know where Sansa is going in the books.
First point. Because Harry the Heir seems only to be a vain moron so far, does it mean that he'll be a considerate husband? Because he doesn't flay people, it means that he'll be delicate in bed? Imo, nothing tells how a man is going to behave with a woman he considers as property. And when a woman has to submit to a man she doesn't desire, even though she has been told that's the way things are, she feels violated anyway. The man in question could be good looking, charming or everything, it doesn't make it less horrible: she doesn't want to have sex with him and yet she has to. Maybe substituting Ramsay to Harry only makes that ugly naked truth more glaring.
Second point. Yes, Sansa in the books is learning to play the game and seems to empower herself. But how do we know that she actually succeeds?  The situation reminds me of Jaime getting his hand cut, because Locke wanted to make a point that what worked for Jaime in his world so far didn't protect him anymore. And also of Cersei's "power is power" line to Littlefinger. Your wits can only take you so far, and what Hecate7 said while I was typing.

I know that Sansa is vastly considered as an "end-game character"...maybe she isn't and bound to stay a victim or a pawn. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see an empowered Sansa take Winterfell with the Vale armies behind her, but "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention".  

I now wish that Tyrion wouldn't have been so damn noble because I know how show-Tyrion treats women, and Sansa's first experience wouldn't have been so traumatic -while still horrible as I said above. And honestly, this scene a 6/10? Nope, goes up to 9/10 on the trauma scale. It isn't a 10 because there was no image.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5

Why the fuck would you end the episode on a rape? That's literally the worst possible thing you could do. Making the last image we see  for the week, the rape of a girl that we legit watched grow up is beyond fucked up.  Yes, yes, I get it, you were going for irony. Having her spend her whole time in King's landing avoiding rape and worse just to have her get it when she returns home.  Yes, yes, very clever.  If you insist upon patting yourself on the back by making the audience uncomfortable then at least stuff that in the middle somewhere. Moving on.

Tyrion's at his best when he's using his gift of gab to get himself out of situations.  And while he is no Bronn, Jorah makes quite the companion for Tyrion. I thought their scenes together were well acted.

I appreciate that Arya's slowly becoming an assassin but can we have some movement on that storyline? We're more then halfway done with the season and she hasn't even begun training yet.  By the time she's done, everybody on her death

list will have died of old age.

So the sand snakes decide to kidnap Marcella at the same time that Bronn and Jamie get to her as well as when the prince finally sends his guard to pick her up? Are there any other coincidences that you want to jam in there? I guess Bronn just got infected since you're repeatedly showing us his slash.

I never thought I'd see the day when Lady Oleanna would back down from Cersei. I don't know how to process this. I will give the writers credit for changing up Marge's arrest reason from the book and making it work on the show. Is perjury punishable by death in this world?  I must admit it will definitely be fun watching that smug look go off Cersei's face once the sparrows catch up with her.

Is Tommen the least effective king ever?  Aging him up on the show literally makes no sense if you're going to make him this passive.

• Love 3