Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Med in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is great news!  I don't usually read this thread but now I'm so very glad I did.  I won't miss either of them!  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Oh man, I saw a headline on FB this afternoon and meant to come here to post, but was afraid it was too good to be true. So glad I was wrong. I will most certainly not miss either of them. 

• Love 5

Hallelujah! Great news.  I’m sure the actors don’t deserve all the fan hate, but they can thank the writers for making their characters so despicable.  So, will Natalie jump off a building or stab herself?  Lol Naay, she’ll probably get a new better job offer and move to take it.  🙄

• Love 3

Very good news about April and Natalie. I can't stand either of them (although they are both absolutely beautiful).

I don't know what her name is, but I wonder if that Indian doctor will become a season regular? I quite like her.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'm about ready for Maggie to be written off, too.

Yes please!

I've been liking her less and less and after lasat night's episode, I really don't like her at all.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

It’s way past time for April to move on.  That character was hard for me to tolerate.  Natalie?  Meh...  Whatever.

I agree with the poster who said the negativity they feel about these characters is not the fault of actresses but that of the writers.  

• Love 2

Time to cut this show loose.  It had gone downhill since Connor Rhodes left and it became a "hit and miss" show for me.  Now that others left/leaving--which Nat & April were not my 2 faves anyway; however I think a character assassination was done on both, imo, as  , they were not that terrible when the show first started.  The remaining cast and storyline is just horrific and can't carry this show any longer.   Again, imo, a once decent show ruined.  I'm through with Chicago Med

• Love 1

I’ll disagree - I thought Natalie was awful from the get go.

I do think both suffered from the fact that Med has the same plotline in each episode ie “Natalie dictates how a child should be treated usually against the parents wishes” and “April disagrees with a doctor”. The shows inability to ever write them in the wrong is what Made them hateful. Week after week it was just watching two smug assholes.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, cathmed said:

Time to cut this show loose.  It had gone downhill since Connor Rhodes left and it became a "hit and miss" show for me.  Now that others left/leaving--which Nat & April were not my 2 faves anyway; however I think a character assassination was done on both, imo, as  , they were not that terrible when the show first started.  The remaining cast and storyline is just horrific and can't carry this show any longer.   Again, imo, a once decent show ruined.  I'm through with Chicago Med

They actually were that terrible.

The problem with this show is that there's been no character growth from any of the characters. Will has always believed his judgment is better than his patients', to the point where he thinks he's God. Natalie always believes she's right, and if someone disagrees with her, she'll go over their head, and get rewarded for it. Ethan always makes judgments on patients without knowing their story, and has been wrong on more than one occasion. And April always drags her personal baggage to work. That's how they've been since Season 1.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, AnnA said:

Yes please!

I've been liking her less and less and after lasat night's episode, I really don't like her at all.

She seems to be taking Natalie's & April's place- 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, momo said:

She seems to be taking Natalie's & April's place- 

There must be some kind of rule writers follow to give us at least one annoying character to dislike.

• Love 1

Little late to this party, being in the UK the news is only just filtering through here about Natalie and April, but I am ECSTATIC!! 

Natalie is horrible. Just horrible!! That ridiculous whiny voice, her holier than thou ‘I’m always right and we’ll do it my way even though I’m wrong’ attitude makes the show completely unwatchable. 
They say they’re leaving because they want to do other projects, but I’m secretly hoping Dick Wolf reads these forums and listened to the viewers. Lol 😂

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was wondering why Dr. Stevie left, but there’s a photo online if her and she’s very pregnant.  Makes sense. 

She’s married to the guy who plays Douglas on Bob ♥️ Abishola. Congratulations to them.

• Useful 2

Chicago Med: Grimm's Sasha Roiz Is Among Season 8 Additions

Grimm alum Sasha Roiz is one of two recurring guest stars announced for Season 8 of NBC’s Chicago Med.

Per our sister site Deadline, Roiz will appear on #OneChicago’s medical drama as Jack Egan, a multimillionaire renaissance man.

Additionally, Lilah Richcreek Estrada will fill the role of Nellie Cuevas, a psych fellow working alongside Oliver Platt’s Dr. Charles.

• Love 1

Chicago Med: Brian Tee to Exit NBC Drama After Eight Seasons

Tee’s last appearance will be in Episode 9, titled “Could Be the Start of Something New,” airing Dec. 7. (He will return to make his directorial debut with Episode 16.)

Per Deadline, Tee chose to exit Med in order to spend more time with his family and pursue other career opportunities.

“Playing Dr. Ethan Choi on Chicago Med has been such a gift and a blessing,” Tee told the site. “I am forever grateful to our fans and my colleagues both in front of and behind the camera as I embark on a new journey. I am forever indebted to Dick Wolfe, NBC, and Universal Television for choosing me.”

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

I saw another article calling him a "fan-favorite" and I wondered to myself, are there really any fan-favorites on this show?  Almost all the characters on the show are horrible human beings.

There were in the first season. Maybe even the first couple of seasons. Since then? Not so much.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, KeithJ said:

I saw another article calling him a "fan-favorite" and I wondered to myself, are there really any fan-favorites on this show?  Almost all the characters on the show are horrible human beings.

Agreed. There’s usually one likeable character in an ensemble show. This show? Not so much. They’re all appalling.

• Love 1