Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Al Sah-him

Lisin
  • Start Topic

If they have one in the next two eps..then ok.

Doubt it though. 

Well no they won't... Because Thea will be with Roy and Laurel will be with Diggle/Felicity/Nyssa/Tatsu in NP??? 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Also that it's happening in a season--in a series--littered with textbook examples of misogyny. Sorry, I ran out of benefit of the doubt around when they threw Sara at a dumpster and then into a literal fridge.

• Love 15

My god, shut the up felicity. I'm just tired of hearing her mope and cry all the time. Damn , I'm actually missing her being with Ray now.

I'm with you on that one. Felicity is getting more and more on my nerves as the season progresses. Now, it's like she only has two settings, crying about Oliver or screaming about Olivier. EBR also mumbles a lot, so when she has to cry, which was a lot this episode, I couldn't understand a lot. I feel she has inherited a lot of Laurel's character problems of the first two seasons, most notably the confrontational aspect. It's like she is always angry and she always think she is right and that everybody should do as she said.

I don't hate her yet, but if the show continues transforming her into a mary-sue, the next seasons will be really hard.

On a positive note, I'm really enjoying Laurel these days. When she is partnered with someone that soften her, KC really shine. That's why I liked her with Tommy and with Sara during the positive scenes or even with Cisco recently.

And last, Go Thea go! You chose what you want to do and I hope to god that everyone else will cease with the "Oliver's sacrifice himself for you". Well that was Oliver's choice and now that Thea is still alive, it's her choice to choose what to do next with it.

• Love 1

Was Ra's referencing Batman's son Damian? Does his daughter Talia not exist in this show?

I loved Thea shooting Oliver, but does hoodie always equal deep voice on this show?

I think Laurel has fallen for Nyssa. And who can blame her.

I am super sad that this show has fallen to this shit. :(. 

What is the fucking point of the Canary Cry when it sounds pretty much EXACTLY like Sara's device except Laurel has to open her mouth to activate it?

Oliver and Nyssa marriage is horseshit.

As often as I was upset about Laurel or Moira dying destroying Oliver is just making me not even care about the show anymore.

/has a sad

• Love 4

So venting my spleen before the episode really helped me enjoy it. Ha, just kidding that was the Cabernet.

Seriously though I did think it was, like Sara, a very well executed episode full of so much stupid and offensive plot crap. I loved Lyla taking Dig's guns (heh), and shooting the shit out of the LoA, I liked the hint about HIVE/Damian Darhk, I enjoyed Nyssa/Laurel, and Thea/Felicity, and TA trying to rebuild in the face of the lowest moment yet, facing an Oliver who is seemingly beyond reach. I mean shit, I even l liked the Canary Cry because it saved Nyssa's life temporarily.

But if I thought this season was plot driven before, the shit going down to night was essentially and entirely "because reasons".  Ras is the single lamest villain I have seen on television. Sarab I will KILL you for your betrayal! Haha kidding, no I won't. Nyssa I will KILL you for your betrayal. Nah, just joshin' I want you to marry you off and breed you (why else mention her "blood", UGH) because....oh who the fuck really knows, because it's Wednesday! 

Oliver is drugged AND brainwashed, and now thinks he's Christian Bale in Batman. I sure hope he goes off on Ra's about how he's a fucking professional.

Even though I enjoyed Laurel, watching her sitting alone with her french fry had me laughing my damn ass off.

Oy vey, this season can not be over fast enough.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 12

Well no they won't... Because Thea will be with Roy and Laurel will be with Diggle/Felicity/Nyssa/Tatsu in NP??? 

Hence why I said two eps. 

Nyssa stopped calling herself that, true...but Ra's doesn't know. 

I'm not giving this shitshow any ratings, (I know you collect my data, Direct TV!) and plan on deleting it unwatched, but I did view this episode. What a waste of my time. And I had an unexpected neck biopsy today and needed a bit of joy in my life, damn you! 

I thought it was shitty that Laurel hadn't told Nyssa about Oliver, and I also thought it was shitty that Felicity hadn't told Thea about Roy. Boo!

All of this Ra's stuff is stupid. I've expressed my feelings on his brilliant, evil plan (and this lame wedding idea) before, but it was just as gross as I thought it would be. Misogynistic, homophobic, bullshit. No one else in the LOA seems to be brainwashed. Not Maseo. Not Nyssa. Not that random LOA guy who had lines when Sara showed up in S2. So WTF? I know it's going to be Oliver's loophole for being evil, but eff that (I'm was really going to try not to swear. I have failed this reply.) You left a baby alone. OQ's going to have to do some major groveling to get back on my good side.

However, I did enjoy all the TA family scenes. I would rather have watched an entire episode full of that. I hope this isn't the end of the Diggle + Extended Family Dinners. I just hope they have some happy ones in the future.  

• Love 7

Oh...I loved Thea being all badass.  She's pretty awesome. 

I just do not understand Laurel.  It's like she's defending Nyssa like she's in love with her. Which I can see why she would but good grief all I could think was...."SHUT UP LAUREL".  I half figured she would say " I know you in your bones!".

Sorry but that whole thing was just too forced for me.

• Love 10

That was everything we predicted today and it is the absolute fucking worst.

Thanks that will make it easier to avoid this site & social media until I get home from work tomorrow am. From what I could deduce from Twitter, it didn't seem that far from the predicatable crapshoot we expected. But still wanna see it first before I completely make any opinions or judgements.

I want to know whose "brilliant" idea this LoA/Al Sah-him storyline was because it's major BLAH.  Watching Oliver act like a robot isn't the least bit compelling.  *yawn*

I really enjoyed the Nyssa/Laurel scenes.  Nyssa trying to be a "normal" girl? Classic.  More of these two please.  I also laughed at Laurel's "This isn't my first day" line.  The Canary Cry though...just no--it looked ridiculous.

Loved Felicity barking at Maseo.  Also loved Lyla being badass and shooting the League stooges.

Yay for no Ray!!!

The Thea/Felicity scenes were a real treat, IMO.  It was nice to see them finally interact in an organic way.  I don't know why it took 3+ seasons to happen.

Could the forced Oliver/Nyssa marriage plot be more predictable?  Meh.  At least both of them absolutely hate the idea so there's that.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 6

I just do not understand Laurel.  It's like she's defending Nyssa like she's in love with her. Which I can see why she would but good grief all I could think was...."SHUT UP LAUREL".  I half figured she would say " I know you in your bones!".

They tried to explain it with the "i'm not going to lose someone else" thing she does, and I get it. I honestly think they did a better job at showing us the bond between Laurel and Nyssa than they ever did between Laurel and Sara. She can talk to Nyssa about Sara, Nyssa knows things about her that Laurel doesn't. I get it, and insofar as this show is capable of showing things like that, I think they did a good job. And it worked for me up until Laurel getting between Diggle and Nyssa because Diggle wanted Nyssa to turn herself in so he could get his wife back. I wish they could've left that out of the episode or done it differently somehow. Because that did make me think SHUT UP LAUREL.

• Love 6

Also, why did they wait so long to tell Thea about Roy? There was no reason! Poor Roy and Thea. Why don't they get a spin-off. If Ray gets a spin-off, they should too! And Nyssa can come!

Is it me, or did Laurels Black Canary costume look extra silly in the scene with Dark Oliver?

First Oliver hooks up with Sara and Laurel, now Nyssa is in love with Sara, and has gotten super close to Laurel? Its amazing they never hooked Moira up with Quentin.  

I presume it's Nyssa and not Talia because Talia belongs to the Batman story.  As Oliver is the poor man's Batman, Nyssa is the poor man's Talia.

I`m pretty sure they thought that Talia had been kind of played out, in the comics and in various adaptation. Nyssa is a cannon character who has never been used very well. I still think its a much better idea to use Nyssa instead of Talia. Too much baggage with Talia, especially after the last Batman movie. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Me too. When she dropped it I was like, "Nooooo, you can still enjoy life, girl. Have that milkshake. Eat that fry!

And well she was looking at that thing like it was a way to communicate with Nyssa. Like she was Princess Leia, the french fry was R2D2 and Nyssa was Obi Wan Kenobi.

• Love 2

Is there anything about this Ra's that isn't utterly stupid?  I can't think of anything just now.  How does he keep his power? I would be organizing a revolt against him all the time.

Why the #$#(#(# would the new Ra's have to destroy his old city?  If anything would break through the brainwashing, it would be to kill all the people he loved.

I'd like to be happy for all the Diggle/Felicity scenes and the general good scenes with everyone left behind (NO excuse for Felicity and Diggle not telling Thea Roy is alive unless they wanted her to stay in SC) and baby Sara and even Laurel with Nyssa but I can't because of all the stupid.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Also, why did they wait so long to tell Thea about Roy? There was no reason! Poor Roy and Thea. Why don't they get a spin-off. If Ray gets a spin-off, they should too! And Nyssa can come!

Is it me, or did Laurels Black Canary costume look extra silly in the scene with Dark Oliver?

First Oliver hooks up with Sara and Laurel, now Nyssa is in love with Sara, and has gotten super close to Laurel? Its amazing they never hooked Moira up with Quentin.  

I`m pretty sure they thought that Talia had been kind of played out, in the comics and in various adaptation. Nyssa is a cannon character who has never been used very well. I still think its a much better idea to use Nyssa instead of Talia. Too much baggage with Talia, especially after the last Batman movie. 

Um, if they move Roy, Thea, and Nyssa to a spin-off - I might follow them and never come back.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 4

. . . still better than Survivor. And Laurel looks a little better, though I've never dipped a fry into a milkshake. That would be weird . . . though I don't remember the last time I had a milkshake.

Damn, when Ollie turns dark, he does not fuck around. It's going to be hard to wring a happy ending for this season, but I have a semblance of faith. On the other hand, I kindasorta called Felicity being armed, though I didn't think of Lyla grabbing the guns.

• Love 2

Is there anything about this Ra's that isn't utterly stupid?  I can't think of anything just now.  How does he keep his power? I would be organizing a revolt against him all the time.

Why the #$#(#(# would the new Ra's have to destroy his old city?  If anything would break through the brainwashing, it would be to kill all the people he loved.

I'd like to be happy for all the Diggle/Felicity scenes and the general good scenes with everyone left behind (NO excuse for Felicity and Diggle not telling Thea Roy is alive unless they wanted her to stay in SC) and baby Sara and even Laurel with Nyssa but I can't because of all the stupid.

I KNOW!  There were things to enjoy. Heck, I enjoyed Nyssa and Laurel and want to see more of them.  But this shit with Ra's is just the worse ever!

. . . still better than Survivor. And Laurel looks a little better, though I've never dipped a fry into a milkshake. That would be weird . . . though I don't remember the last time I had a milkshake.

It's delicious, but the fries need to be salty. Laurel knows what's up.

• Love 9

Was it never possible for Nyssa to become the next Ra's? What hometown would she have destroyed? My only hope now is that she destroys Nanda Parbat and ends the whole mess.

• Love 13

Here's what I want to know: Since the new Ra's has to destroy their hometown, is there any chance that we're going to find out that Malcolm thought at one point he was going to be the new Ra's, and that's how The Undertaking came about? I know this doesn't jibe with Nyssa calling herself Heir to the Demon, but I'm wondering if there's going to be something more to that story? Like maybe the blood debt wasn't real and Ra's and Malcolm have been working a long game? Not sure why Malcolm would've gotten everyone else involved in The Undertaking, but...I don't know. Just trying to find out if there's something more.

• Love 7

Also, why did they wait so long to tell Thea about Roy? There was no reason! 

Because they needed Thea to visit Roy in 3x22 so they could fake us out with an Oliver/Nyssa marriage when it's really Thea and Roy getting married. 

Shhhhh let me have it

• Love 15

"Bride of the Demon", eh?

Wasn't there a movie with the same title?

Also, can they choose a pronunciation for Ra's and be done with it!  "Raysh", "Rahs", it's frustrating.  I prefer the former because of Batman: The Animated Series and always assumed that was the correct pronunciation.

• Love 1

Actually, I know it sounds weird, but fries and a chocolate milkshake? Yum.

Now I'm hungry.

Also good? Potato chips dipped in milkshakes, preferably a Frosty from Wendy's. 

It's weird to me that my first "Yes, Laurel. YES" moment is about fry dipping.

• Love 5

First reaction

n4fe634e83ef20.jpg 

Why, show? Why? I just got the permission to not take anything seriously ever again.

And now I am just cackling madly.

Also, Oliver's face upon hearing about the impending nuptials. It was just a "wait, what? Man, this is dramatic. How do i feel about this?" and Nyssa was pretty much "Oh HELL NO!".

I liked all the team arrow scenes and Diner at the Diggles' needs to be a thing. And go Laurel, she was great this episode. Loved the Thea and Felicity scenes. A+ for the baby Sara reaction shots, priceless. 

Also, Diggle you will wear an "identity concealer", mister! Shaking my finger.

Edited by fantique
  • Love 1

Was it never possible for Nyssa to become the next Ra's? What hometown would she have destroyed? My only hope now is that she destroys Nanda Parbat and ends the whole mess.

My theory is that Ra's realized that Nyssa would have had to destroy Nanda Parbat and kill her surrogate family, the LOA, and he arbitrarily decided to make Oliver his heir because of the logic fail.

• Love 9

I too am not convinced that Oliver is brainwashed.

I have zero faith that anyone has a long game (your thoughts re Nyssa and Oliver working out a plan before Thea was even stabbed), but I would be fine with it.  But I do really, really, really hope he's not actually brainwashed.  

• Love 3

Stephen Amell said that he was ashamed of Oliver in this episode or the next one?

They wanted to spring it on Thea but they could have just as easily have had Thea know about Roy but think he is lost to her only for Felicity to give her a speech and inspire her to stop wondering what if and go find out since Roy is still in her reach.  Again, boo to the writers for being lazy and thus making the characters act OOC and look bad.  Cruel actually and again, it makes no sense.  A couple days sure but 3 and half weeks including a family dinner???  No way.   Neither she nor Diggle would do that.  They had no reason to. 

That would have been a much better way, and it would have consoled Thea a bit for losing Oliver.  Girl shouldn't have to live through everyone she loves -- Robert, Moira, Oliver, Roy --  being lost to her..  The writing for this episode was really sloppy.

So Oliver better be faking the brain-washing or the writing is even worse.

Here's what I want to know: Since the new Ra's has to destroy their hometown, is there any chance that we're going to find out that Malcolm thought at one point he was going to be the new Ra's, and that's how The Undertaking came about? I know this doesn't jibe with Nyssa calling herself Heir to the Demon, but I'm wondering if there's going to be something more to that story? Like maybe the blood debt wasn't real and Ra's and Malcolm have been working a long game? Not sure why Malcolm would've gotten everyone else involved in The Undertaking, but...I don't know. Just trying to find out if there's something more.

Wasn't Nyssa already calling herself the Heir to the Demon when Malcolm first met her?

The Undertaking was only in a small section of the city and one he didn't live in.  If the point of destroying the city is that you have nowhere to go back to, he should have done it in the financial and millionaires' mansion community.  But with this show?  You could be right.

Someone needs to explain this Ra's inheritance stuff because how is it that the current Ra's was select from some city when he had never heard of the LoA, and Nyssa was groomed from childhood to be the Heir when there was that prophecy out there.

Is Ra's making this up as he goes along?

• Love 2

Hold on. Something from the ep I missed.

Dipping fries into a milkshake is an actual thing? 

Surprisingly, yes. My friend introduced me to this very concept last week. I knew it was a thing; I just never knew it might be more common than I thought. And I will say that it's actually pretty good.

I don't really have many new opinions about the episode, other than yay for female friendships, even Laurel/Nyssa's, and yay for badass Thea. And...honestly, I think Oliver went too soft on everyone, but...I get he can't actually kill them outright. 

Other than that, pretty bland episode. Laurel was alright this episode, and I get why she's defending Nyssa. Too much crying Felicity, but she had her great moments, and...Thea, go be with Roy. It'll be less complicated. I hope they're the two getting married for real.

I prefer the former because of Batman: The Animated Series and always assumed that was the correct pronunciation.

It's not, at least not as Arabic pronounciation and for that matter it's Al sa HEEM, or Al sa EEM, not him like limb. RME. And yeah it seriously bugs me, it's pet peeve like when I watch a movie and everybody has a different accent despite all the characters being the same nationality/ethnicity.

• Love 1

Yes, and it is glorious. Ice cream and icing work well too. And can also do it with crisps.

I used to dip a couple of my french fries from McDonalds into their vanilla soft serves. It's surprisingly good! Alas, I've outgrown McDonalds. 

• Love 1

Also, why did they wait so long to tell Thea about Roy? There was no reason!

I'm sure they wanted Thea to find out about Roy on screen, but since we didn't get to see the three weeks that went by in Starling City while Oliver was being brainwashed in NP, they have to contrive that Felicity waited for the "right time" to tell Thea so that we could see it.  Or, plot.

The entire SC portions of the ep tonight took place in one evening, as far as I could follow.  Completely ridiculous.

Loved the Diggle family & friends dinner.  Sara is the cutest!  Loved Thea and Felicity finally sharing conversations.  Loved Felicity's "Don't you dare touch me" and Oliver's little nod.  Loathed Laurel defending Nyssa to Diggle when he was trying to get Lyla back.  Just no.  But basically, this whole LOA storyline is beyond stupid and makes no sense and just seems to get worse the more they pile on. This season is just exhausting.

Oh and Lyla!  Loved Lyla being such a badass.  She was beyond awesome.

Edited by JenMD
  • Love 11

I really wish the League had an actual defined goal and/or purpose. They've spent years being built up as super badass, but they're just an ancient cult of murderous thugs with zero rules, reason, or honor (not like "honor" really means much).

How are they still a secret? How do they think they're going to get away with whipping out an entire city? Starling City does not go down easily, and even if they did, the entire world will be hunting for the people responsible.

Really hoping time dickery on The Flash will straighten some stuff out.

Also, how is everyone running to Nanda Parbat and Starling City this fast all the time?

Edited by MandolinMagi
  • Love 4

I kind of liked that Laurel's mentor at fighting was Nyssa. Other than Xena there hasn't been a lot of shows where the woman is being mentored/taught by another woman, it's always a man or an older man.

• Love 8

Thea, go be with Roy. It'll be less complicated. I hope they're the two getting married for real.

The last season of True Blood, I was all like Sam, run away, run away and be with your baby momma - it won't work out but you can be civil and raise your daughter together some place far away from this mess.

I kind of feel like that for Roy and Thea now - go be happy, crazy, in love vigilantes together far away from the doom and gloom of SC!  And give me that show so I can watch it.

• Love 2