Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

When Claudia says "teeth and eyes" on this show or one of the ladies brings up her "teeth and eyes" comment, then she can answer the "teeth and eyes" question.  But nobody has mentioned it on the show, nobody has blasted her for it on the show so why should Claudia have to answer for something she didn't even say on this show?  Maybe somebody can tweet to Nene or Porsha about Claudia's "teeth & eyes" comments so they can get at her next year.

I think the "teeth and eyes" comment is relevant because if that's what she thinks about darker skinned black people; what would her good friend Kenya think of that?  I mean didn't Phaedra get upset with Nene because of something Nene said to one of her sisters, about Phaedra?  That wasn't on the show either.

I will watch again when Bravo does a new show a few years from now with both the Moose and her son Byson making their living fencing razors on a street corner.

I don't even know what this means.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

It's a reference to Bryson's arrest for shoplifting razors from Walmart.

I think we need to shelve the "teeth and eyes" unless it's brought up at the reunion. Since it's not, there's no place for it in this discussion.

• Love 3

I know Cynthia has better wigs than the one she chose for this reunion, so why did she choose that fugly mass of yuck she has on her head? Her dress is also the most unattractive of the group. What the hell happened to the good sense of style Cynthia used to have?

I thought the wig review was hilarious. I'm beginning to wonder if these women are deliberately having us on by wearing these hairpieces. Surely no one with a mirror and half a sense of style would wear half of what we've seen this season. That bad stuffed toy fur thing on Cynthia was one of the worst.

• Love 5

I think the "teeth and eyes" comment is relevant because if that's what she thinks about darker skinned black people; what would her good friend Kenya think of that?

Actually I think it would be relevant because you cannot play the tragic mulatto when you make statements like this.  Tweet Nene or Phaedra about it or even Andy. Unfortunately I don't think Porsha could handle this.

• Love 2

A few things

1. This show has cemented for me the fact that Porsha does not make up anything she says on Dish Nation. She has good writers. Her comments there are occasionally thoughtful, she seems knowledgeable for world events, definitely not the person I saw last night.

2. I think Kenya really needs to leave this show.  I don't think the personality she puts on for the show is her real one and I'm tired of this fake ass, drama loving, brainless woman.  I really wish we could see the Kenya who I thought she was before she came on the show.  She had a good reputation as a smart businesswoman.

3. Claudia looked like crap.  Whatever she did to her face she needs to get her money back.  Looks like fillers.

4. Porsha also looked terrible. Never noticed her jaw was so square before. 

I kind of feel deceived by the last episode.  They made it seem like for the most part the ladies were getting along. Only now to realize they still all actually hate each other.  

• Love 5

Another thing I found interesting in Phaedra's comments was when she said she didn't want her sons to see these shows in reruns one day and them to see/hear her putting Apollo down. Yet she has no problem with them seeing their Mother calling another woman a whore repeatedly.

I often wonder if they watch themselves after the shows have been edited and put together, and cover their eyes and ears in horror. I realize they each have a role to play, as Porsha alluded to last night several times (with Andy making a "Don't go there" face at her), and bringing drama keeps you employed. But at what price?

• Love 8

All this nonsense about props making Porsha react is bullshit, and the more that hash is reheated, the more the shit stinks. That scepter was already out of Kenya's hand, and no the "metal sound" did NOT make her feel "threatened."  The bullhorn was annoying  but it didn't kill Cynthia and Porsha could have stopped the filming by getting up and walking off until it was taken away from Kenya. She had CHOICES, is the point here. So none of that caused her to physically strike Kenya, even while she was talking shit about "rancid vaginas." No, she wanted to fight, and she stood up - not to walk away from the noise, but to get in Kenya's face - and then she dragged her to the ground. She couldn't control the situation, and thus couldn't control herself. On NO planet should that be applauded, ever.

Let's just ALL be real about what went down, provoked or unprovoked, depending on your POV. She wanted to fight, and she did. She didn't lose her job, but she certainly lost her peach for it. However, all the akkalades she's gotten from people who hate Kenya have made her feel (and act) like she won something. It's pitiful and pathetic, and worst of all, she's too stupid to see just how pathetic it really is.

But then, what else would one expect from someone who would proclaim themselves a THOT. *SMH*

That was awesome. Shut her right the fuck up.  I don't know which deserves best in show, that, or Kenya's I'd be the best 'ho read. Ahh, they both win.

More excuses from Porsha. Unless she could see into the future, she didn't apologize when Kenya did because she doesn't think she did anything wrong, not because sometime in the future, Kenya would co-sign what Claudia said. And when I thought of Claudia before she joined RHOA, it's true I didn't think of Deal or No Deal or Rickey Smiley. I thought of Celebrity Apprentice, because I don't know a damned thing about her sex life and I suspect most people still don't.

Is she really that stupid that she would sit there and say "I only told Phaedra," ... while a camera is fliming it for 4M people? What am I saying. "Next stop, Alabama. All aboard!"  Go away, Friend of the Show. LOL.

Loved the flashback to all the shit Nene talked about Porsha's "African" early on. Just wish they had showed it as part of the package, not some weak-ass shade for the audience. We know that shit happened, remind NAY-NAY it happened, fool.

It's clear one of Phaedra's five degrees is not in language skills. She's a mangler. It might be "clear" to her that she isn't there because she needs the money, but it looks that way from where I'm sitting. Because if I were her, I wouldn't be crying crocodile tears about what I would have to explain to my boys when they were old enough to get ahold of the tapes, I'd get my ass the fuck off of Tee-Vee while my huzzbin - their father - was about to go to jail. Not amp it up. Phakedra, indeed. 

I'd also be a little less liberal with the whores and bible lessons if both my pastor and huzzbin were convicted felons, and my clients doubled as swizzle sticks for my drinks.

I'm late as hell, but after this, all you need to do is drop the mic like Sexual Chocolate in "Coming To America." You said EVERYTHING I was thinking and feeling., particularly the bolded. Yes ma'am!

• Love 12

I mean didn't Phaedra get upset with Nene because of something Nene said to one of her sisters, about Phaedra?  That wasn't on the show either.

It was Nene that got upset about something Phaedra said to one of Nene's sisters. 

• Love 1

For the most part, I find Phaedra confounding. She's considering staying married and hasn't filed any legal paperwork to the contrary because she wants to do what's best for her children? Umm . . . then what was up with the decision to film scenes in which her mother fantasized about finding the boys dead at their father's hands? She doesn't want to take Dylan and Aiden to visit Apollo because "molestors" are sentenced to prison? Then, you know, don't leave them unsupervised during the visit. The sensationalism is really odd, as is the coyness about whether or not she suffered physical abuse and the revisionism about her response to the pyjama party. I don't think Phaedra is responsible for Apollo's misdeeds . . . but the necessity of paternal presence for Dylan and Aiden does not evaporate just because recidivism is inconvenient emotionally . . . The back and forth between Kenya and Phaedra also suggests that Phaedra's interpretation of the Bible is selective. There is no textual evidence that Mary Magdalene was a whore. And, um, I don't think the New Testament exactly promotes crowing ad nauseum about someone's "whorish" behavior, making clumsy rhymes on epithets, and generally slut shaming those you don't like as much as possible . . . I'm glad Phaedra is promoting her men's empowerment initiative. Good for her for utilizing the platform the show provides in some philanthropic capacity. But I remember Kenya repeatedly touting the Detroit Public Schools Foundation during her time on the series

Thank you for putting into words what I feel about Phaedra whenever she appears. She is a walking contradiction. Most of the time when she says, "Fix it, Jesus," she is using it to throw shade at someone, and even when she seems sincere, she will be throwing shade within a few sentences. So much of her behavior belies who she claims to be, especially the examples you cited. I'll leave it at that.

As far as her claims about visitation, she is making up roadblocks, especially when she talks about having to nurse or potty "The President." I'm sure there are restrooms directly connected to the visitation areas. Who is going to restrict either of these activities in the women's restroom? Please. The list of requirements published shows that her biggest problem will be with the dress code. The rest of the list published at the Federal Bureau of Prisons site basically talks about pre-approval, length of visit, allowed behavior regarding physical contact and decorum. Nothing there to show there aren't any accommodations regarding children, nor any rules regarding children except that they must be supervised. The fact that children are allowed attests to the fact there must be some provisions. This is just a smokescreen, IMO. Personally, I don't think she wants to be seen there herself. She apparently doesn't want to trust his brother, which I can't say I fault her for, but perhaps she can find someone among her family that she would trust to take them. I understand her conflict, but for her to confabulate excuses is as ridiculous as when she told the other housewives she had no idea when Ayden was due. Please.

• Love 5

1. This show has cemented for me the fact that Porsha does not make up anything she says on Dish Nation. She has good writers. Her comments there are occasionally thoughtful, she seems knowledgeable for world events, definitely not the person I saw last night.

That should have been your first clue that she doesn't write her own stuff. Porsha is both dim and ignorant. She is exactly what you get when you're raised to be a trophy wife.

• Love 6

Porsha is dumb as hell and painful to watch. Not to mention classless as hell. What kind of person physically assaults someone, on national television no less, and then acts all self righteous about not apologizing. Oh, but she was "provoked". Whatever, all of these women have exchanged nasty words with each other, including Porsha. There's never been any excuse for physical violence whatsoever. Even if she thinks Kenya is fake, and she still dislikes her, she should absolutely feel sorry for attacking someone like that IMO. 

What was up with Phaedra calling Kenya a whore yet again when they supposedly buried that shit? The other week on WWHL Phaedra made it sound like Kenya started some shit with her at the reunion, but that's not what happened, or at least not what we were shown. You can tell Kenya genuinely wants to move on, why the fuck is Phaedra STILL on some shit about Kenya and Apollo? Who gives a flying fuck anymore? Linnethia's influence, hmm?

I loved the editors showing Nene lying about implying shit about Porsha. Kim Richards realness. And the preview for next week when Kenya reminds her of her flirtations with Peter and she starts to go into beast mode. Why does she have to get so imposing and LOUD when she's arguing? 

You can tell she is so over this shit (and thinks she's above it) but Broadway or no Nene's acting career is firmly z-list and she needs that steady RHOA paycheck. You would just think she'd work a little harder for it. 

Yup, yup, yup to all this!

What happened to that tearful rapprochement we saw between Phaedra and Kenya? NeNe's involvement is a likely explanation. If there ever was someone who knew how to pretend apologies never occurred (on either side) it's NeNe. She seemed to be the originator of the RHOA retracted apology behavior. Although I agree, Kenya's flirting with Apollo brought her most of the grief she encountered, I thought this had all been talked through and resolved?

Yes, NeNe, it seems whenever there is trouble these days, you are right in the middle of it, even though much of it really has nothing to do with it, it seems once you put your 2 cents in, the waters get extremely muddy.

• Love 3

I know Cynthia has better wigs than the one she chose for this reunion, so why did she choose that fugly mass of yuck she has on her head? Her dress is also the most unattractive of the group. What the hell happened to the good sense of style Cynthia used to have?

Peter happened.  My guess is that her common sense, as well as her style, diminishes bit by bit every day when she checks her bank account.

• Love 8

We did have a major snowstorm this winter so I don't understand the eyerolls from Kandi and Kenya or anyone else for that matter.  I don't blame Phaedra for not wanting to travel with her young sons in it.  People were stranded on the highway and had to be rescued, that's how bad it was.  And right after the snow melted, there was major flooding to the point where a portion of the highway was shut down! 

I'm sorry about how bad the storm was and the damage it caused! I'm from the north and was living in Kentucky when they had probably the first snowfall in about 50 years - this was in the 70's, and I know snow is more common there now, but still not an event that is well prepared for. There was about 1/4 of an inch and most people weren't going anywhere because there were no salt trucks and the only people who knew how to drive in it were us transplants.

I'm sure Phaedra wouldn't want to drive in that with her kids, but there is summer, fall, spring, and probably at least 355 days per year that is *not* happening in KY.

• Love 3

Can we talk for a second about that "weave commercial" or whatever the fuck that was? That was quite a misstep from the producers and/or Andy. 

I, for one, found it hilarious. That was a lot of fun poked at the many questionable wigs we saw this year, and I thought the ladies handled it well. When I saw that, I thought NeNe would probably go off the wall in her response, since IMO her wigs were the most OTT ridiculous, but even she was a good sport about it. Perhaps she missed the the fact that it was worthy snark.

• Love 7

Can anyone explain what was so funny about Cynthia telling Porsha she has to look "very deep inside" herself?

Possibly that there's nothing deep when it comes to Porsha? Or that she'd have to dig to find anything worthwhile? No idea, just throwing those out there.

• Love 2

Can anyone explain what was so funny about Cynthia telling Porsha she has to look "very deep inside" herself?

Possibly that there's nothing deep when it comes to Porsha? Or that she'd have to dig to find anything worthwhile? No idea, just throwing those out there.

I took it as a jab to her allegedly sleeping with a married man.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1

I'm sorry about how bad the storm was and the damage it caused! I'm from the north and was living in Kentucky when they had probably the first snowfall in about 50 years - this was in the 70's, and I know snow is more common there now, but still not an event that is well prepared for. There was about 1/4 of an inch and most people weren't going anywhere because there were no salt trucks and the only people who knew how to drive in it were us transplants.

That's fascinating. I'm from Ohio and we get pretty snowy, I would have thought most of Kentucky would, too. Maybe the southern area?

Just checked, Lexington's not that far south.

Edited by What Fresh Hell
  • Love 1

I took it as a jab to her allegedly sleeping with a married man.

I think it was Cynthia's subtle way of making a Porsha vagina joke. If I'm right, and she was making a dig at her sexual history, then Cynthia needs to do better.  Instead of worrying about who Porsha's banging, she needs to check Peter's peter. 

• Love 9

I didn't find that funny. That was one of the "mean girl" moments. I wonder if Kenya, Cynthia, and Claudia know how small it made them look.

• Love 7

I think the reason so many people, and the women who question it, are confused about Phaedra's decision not to take her kids to visit their father is because she's not divorcing Apollo. If she is going to stay married to the crook, then the kids will want to know why they didn't see him all those years. Or is she just playing some sick mind game with Apollo? If he's good enough to stay married to, he's good enough to see his kids. That's why I think Phaedra is up to more than what we're seeing. Something is definitely going on.

Apollo is a jackass, but Ayden loves him and Phaedra, IMO, should do everything she can to make sure Ayden sees him.  I cannot imagine what it is like for him to see his Dad daily then not see him at all.

Also, I thought the prison that Apollo currently resides has white collar type criminals?

I agree with most of this, however, I understand why Kandi is having issues with this.  Nene is someone who has been shitty to both Kandi and Phaedra, and I'm sure both ladies have kiki'd together over how awful Nene has been to them at one time or another.  But to then have Nene come tell you that that same close friend, who as far as you know doesn't roll with Nene "like that", has an issue with you - that sends up a whole lot of flags.  Remember, Nene told Kandi, "You and Phaedra need to work out your issues."  While it may be true that Phaedra never discussed that with Nene, she certainly implied it and (I believe) knew how it would come across to Kandi, who of course was now hurt her close friend hadn't told her they had a problem.  Plus, couple that with the way Nene has treated her "Friends" in the past....I would be concerned too, if my friend was now leaning on someone like that for support.

Kandi's point was clear to me as well. I question how good a friend Phaedra is.  She had to say something to Nene for Nene to make those comments to Kandi.

I thought the wig review was hilarious. I'm beginning to wonder if these women are deliberately having us on by wearing these hairpieces. Surely no one with a mirror and half a sense of style would wear half of what we've seen this season. That bad stuffed toy fur thing on Cynthia was one of the worst.

The wig looked like hair from a stuffed lion.  I don't know what she was thinking.  I think Nene and Kenya looked the best although I thought Nene needed to wear a tank under her jacket and Kenya's dress seemed out of place.

The irony of the statement.  Porsha is about as deep as her Hermes bag.

Cynthia is holding onto that peach for dear life.

That wig commercial was hilarious.

Wouldn't you if you had Peter to feed?

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

That was Jan (feb?) 2014.

We had snow in March also and when it melted we had major floods.  And it was this year.  In fact the floods were just 3 weeks ago.  I'm here, I know!  Thanks!  ;-)

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

I believe the snow storm this year in Kentucky happened around March 5.  Taping for this show was March 25...no snow expected or predicted for the Spring or Summer. Plus there were lots of months in between the time Apollo went to prison and the snow storm.

I really don't care for Apollo or Phaedra.  I just think the kids would love to see their dad.

It took forever for that snow to melt and some side roads were never plowed.  And we had two snowstorms in March. back to back.  In the rural areas, there were what I call snow mountains from snow being pushed up by snow plows that didn't melt for weeks because of below zero temperatures.  Believe me people, I would not take my two small children onto I 65 North during the winter and early spring.  We have atrocious weather here during that time and the highway is under construction which makes it one lane for miles and miles. And like I said, once the snow melted and with non-stop rain for days there was flooding so bad that 1 65 North was shut down in some places.  

Porsha is just a bitter bitch because Claudia took her peach and it looks like Claudia will keep her peach...

Agreed.  Porsha lost her peach for the most part because she physically attacked a fellow cast member.  Porsha lost her peach all by herself and rightly so.  That peach just happened to roll over to Claudia who picked it up and ran with it.

This pisses me off to no end because those bitches on RHOM got into a fight and both of them were able to keep their peach.  I don't like how the Atlanta ladies are held to different rules than the other franchises.  If the rule is that when you physically fight someone you lose your peach, it should be set for all of the franchises across the board. 

Maybe Kentucky has a special Spring/Summer type of snow which the rest of the world calls pollen.

No, we have winters that are very sporadic and unpredictable.  Some years we only see a few flurries and other years we see snow accumulate to the point where you can't even recognize that you have a car in your driveway overnight.  I have built snowmen on Easter Sunday before.  I'm pretty sure other states have had the same. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

How sad for those precious boys to have such a creep for a dad - one of the the most important parenting decisions a woman makes is choosing the man who will be her kids' dad.

Phaedra isn't the only one who has chosen a crappy dad for her kids.  Riley hasn't had her dad in her life for a while.  When he tried in Kandi's first season, Riley didn't want to have anything to do with him.  I heard rumors that Riley's dad was married to someone else when Kandi was canoodling with him.  Anyone else here this rumor?  Even if Peter claims none of his kids speak bad about him, the fact that he's no better than Kandi's late ex Ajay with the multiple baby's mamas makes him a crappy dad in my opinion.  With Peter's demeanor and self absorption I doubt he spent very much time with those kids.  The fact that he flitted around from woman to woman like a damned bumble bee flitting from flower to flower pollenating them along the way gives me all the evidence I need to know that he's a cheating cheater who cheats!  And we all know that once a cheater; always a cheater! 

It took forever for that snow to melt and some side roads were never plowed. And we had two snowstorms in March. back to back. In the rural areas, there were what I call snow mountains from snow being pushed up by snow plows that didn't melt for weeks because of below zero temperatures. Believe me people, I would not take my two small children onto I 65 North during the winter and early spring. We have atrocious weather here during that time and the highway is under construction which makes it one lane for miles and miles. And like I said, once the snow melted and with non-stop rain for days there was flooding so bad that 1 65 North was shut down in some places.

This pisses me off to no end because those bitches on RHOM got into a fight and both of them were able to keep their peach. I don't like how the Atlanta ladies are held to different rules than the other franchises. If the rule is that when you physically fight someone you lose your peach, it should be set for all of the franchises across the board.

No, we have winters that are very sporadic and unpredictable. Some years we only see a few flurries and other years we see snow accumulate to the point where you can't even recognize that you have a car in your driveway overnight. I have built snowmen on Easter Sunday before. I'm pretty sure other states have had the same.

Not to mention the ice storms. The ice storms down this way are very bad. I'm in Illinois, but I'm less than a hour from the KY border, and travel there frequently.

Hey neighbor Swankie.

• Love 2

The irony of the statement.  Porsha is about as deep as her Hermes bag.

I straight up laughed when the self-professed "Princess of THOTlandia", who not that long ago dragged another woman off a couch and across a stage floor by her hair, then proceeded to throw a flailing leg and arm tantrum about it, had the nerve to tell someone else "to look inside themselves".  Girl, that's the pot calling the kettle and demanding her ramen noodle wig back!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

Apollo is a jackass, but Ayden loves him and Phaedra, IMO, should do everything she can to make sure Ayden sees him.  I cannot imagine what it is like for him to see his Dad daily then not see him at all.

No, just no. I don't think it's Phaedra's responsibility. It was Apollo's responsibility to stay out of jail. But because he was an idiot, she should now make sure his son's relationship stays intact? That's unfair, I think. I was in the same situation. My children's father went to jail in another state. I never took my younger children, just my oldest son once. And that was it. Their relationship with their father didn't suffer at all. Children are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for.

• Love 11

I didn't find that funny. That was one of the "mean girl" moments. I wonder if Kenya, Cynthia, and Claudia know how small it made them look.

It's a thing they keep doing, this over the top laugh at things that either 1) aren't funny at all or 2) aren't nearly as funny as they're pretending.

I find them so damn tiresome.

• Love 11

It's a thing they keep doing, this over the top laugh at things that either 1) aren't funny at all or 2) aren't nearly as funny as they're pretending.

I find them so damn tiresome.

Thank you I thought I was the only one.  I wonder if the realize that people can see right through them, it's obvious to me that they got together before the reunion and have an alliance.  It has been done on many reunion occasion, but this seem a little to petty and clickish. Also Kandi keeps saying that Phadera and NeNe were talking about her, I don't consider NeNe asking if Kandi has reached out talking about someone.  Kandi now sees that she didn't response to her friend in the manner in which her friend needed at the time and instead of apologizing and trying to do better she is digging her heals in.  Kandi is also trying to make NeNe the scape goat. It's fine that Kandi does not like NeNe, but that does not mean that she did not reach out to Pheadra, when Apollo got arrested and filled a void Kandi was unwilling or unable to fill.  My opinion is that Todd is on Apollo's side and so is Kandi so she took a step back from the friendship.  That's fine but put you big girl panties on and explain yourself to your friend and move on. 

• Love 7

No, just no. I don't think it's Phaedra's responsibility. It was Apollo's responsibility to stay out of jail. But because he was an idiot, she should now make sure his son's relationship stays intact? That's unfair, I think.

I totally agree. This is Apollo's fault. Him having limited access to his children is a direct consequence of his actions. If he wanted to see them every day, he should have stayed out of prison - hell, he should have worked in one of the legit businesses that Phaedra tried to set him up in.

This is a big reason I have no sympathy for Apollo. The recidivism rate is high because felons can't find work, but Apollo was in the unique and enviable position of having a wife who could provide for him, and a platform to start his own thing. He could have made something of Donkey Booty fitness (I wouldn't have bought that workout tape, but some people would have); he could have worked alongside Phaedra in the mortuary business; he could have done the typical reality show "show up at parties and get paid" thing. He didn't. So now the chickens have come home to roost, and oh well, he goes to prison, with everything that entails. His fault.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 12

ITA. And, seriously, I can't imagine the man that would want to spend time with Porsha. She is so honestly stupid that I see nothing pretty when I look at her. She's irritating; her squeaky voice is especially annoying.

Nene's skin is so bad!

I can see a lot of men who would want to spend 15-60 minutes with Porsha. To continue to do that and also lavish her with gifts, that makes me wonder. I do not know if she has mad skillz. Men can be stupid though and I could see some older fool with money wanting a dumb young thing. Her viciousness and whorish attitude though will make sure she will be a Miss Right Now and not a long term investment.  

I like Claudia, so if she is back next year I will be proved wrong and she will be terrible. It is so obvious that these women hate each other. I think Cynthia, Claudia and Kenya can be social friends due to their "prettiness" and common enemies. Porsche, NeNe and Phaedra have nothing in common and just tolerate each other for screen time. I know Kandi get hate for being middle of the road but I get her. I would do the same. She doesn't want to get close because they are her co workers. You need to somewhat be in their lives and not get in the middle. If enemies then be friends they turn on you or one never forget you sided one way or the other. Hey, I read Blubber in 4th grade. Petty viscous bitches be petty viscous bitches. Cover your ass and don't poke the crazy. 

• Love 2

My opinion is that Todd is on Apollo's side and so is Kandi so she took a step back from the friendship. That's fine but put you big girl panties on and explain yourself to your friend and move on.

Kandi has a really hard time owning the things she says and does.

I think Cynthia, Claudia and Kenya can be social friends due to their "prettiness" and common enemies.

I think they are friends off-screen. I've seen a lot of photos of them doing things together, on their various Facebook pages and Instagram. Cynthia was with Kenya when she met her new boyfriend James on Millionaire Matchmaker. I think it's why the scenes of them on the roadtrip to Charlotte earlier this season looked genuine and fun.

• Love 3

Kandi has a really hard time owning the things she says and does.

I think they are friends off-screen. I've seen a lot of photos of them doing things together, on their various Facebook pages and Instagram. Cynthia was with Kenya when she met her new boyfriend James on Millionaire Matchmaker. I think it's why the scenes of them on the roadtrip to Charlotte earlier this season looked genuine and fun.

Nothing about their roadtrip seemed genuine or fun to me.  Kenya and her constant braying, Claudia clearly getting annoyed by the end of the night....

They seem like 2 hour friends, not spend an entire day together friends.

• Love 8

Nothing about their roadtrip seemed genuine or fun to me.  Kenya and her constant braying, Claudia clearly getting annoyed by the end of the night....

They seem like 2 hour friends, not spend an entire day together friends.

Gotta agree with you there, that road trip was cringeworthy.

• Love 2

Another thing I found interesting in Phaedra's comments was when she said she didn't want her sons to see these shows in reruns one day and them to see/hear her putting Apollo down. Yet she has no problem with them seeing their Mother calling another woman a whore repeatedly.

I don't get this.  Apollo is their father; Kenya is nothing to those children.  

• Love 3

I don't get this.  Apollo is their father; Kenya is nothing to those children.  

My point was they'd be hearing their mother use a bad word about someone. Not one she'd want them to use, I don't think. Her children are so well-spoken that I cannot imagine her letting them cuss. But one day, they'll see this on TV, walk in and sit down at the dinner table and say "Hi Mom, my teacher was a real whore today. She was such a whore, I called her that. Oh, and Jenny that sits in front of me is a whore also."

• Love 1

That Kandi seems to be so on "Team Apollo" is the most shocking thing to me. Even with eye rolls and letting everyone know she herself has been to the prison and it's not that complicated to bring kids there. That wasn't necessary other than to make Phaedra look like a hypocrite. 

I think the Phaedra/Nene friendship is really upsetting to her. Perhaps she thought her and Phaedra would have been able to survive whatever they are going through without Phaedra turning to a common "enemy" but Kandi and Phaedra barely speak. Nene/Phaedra see this a new alliance on the show and probably do give each other divorce support. Kandi also probably sees it another betrayal since she and Nene have never truly gotten along and barely tolerated each other since season 2. 

This is the type of drama the show needs (sorry girl!). Kandi has seen Nene discard friends like trash and they have history. No more of this producer driven Claudia drama (seriously, you don't even know Nene) or the repeated pettiness of Porsha and Kenya. Even the Kenya/Phaedra drama needs to be gone or one of them should be. Viewers can only take so much. RHONJ eventually got caught up in the same cast, same story lines for way too long and it helped drive viewers away from the franchise. 

I’m sadly coming to the conclusion that Apollo is holding something over Phaedra’s head that’s keeping her from divorcing.  At least as long as that other lawsuit about the previous crimes is ongoing (if it even still is – the one where the woman is saying Phaedra was the mastermind).  If she dumps his ass completely, there’s nothing to keep him from running his mouth (truthfully or lying, maliciously either way).  My guess is they’re in some kind of standoff – he doesn’t want to scorch the earth and lose both his meal ticket AND his children completely, without recourse for 8 years, and she doesn’t want him getting TMZ to put money on his book... or testifying for the prosecution.

Yeah, I didn't care for the eye rolls that Kenya and Kandi threw when Phaedra was talking about prison visits. Ayden and Dylan are not their children; what Phaedra does with them is not their business.

I think they’re just rolling their eyes at the conflicting sides of Phaedra Parks – by day she’s a prayer lap blanket-wearing Southern Belle, by night she’s banging felons in ankle bracelets on air mattresses. Her personal life is private, thank you very much... but mmmm, she’d love to get her some Asian man.  She’s far too prim and proper to associate with the likes of Kenya Moore Whore who flirts with a man in front of his wife, but on national television she’s given us Ridickulous, the pickle photo shoot, and talking about putting candy up her vajayjay.  Her airs are as phony as her superhuman short gestation period.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

Physical violence is a choice. Kenya's props were not weapons. Porsha is full of crap and should apologize, if only so we don't have to keep hashing this issue.

If she apologized for the assault, what story line would she have or reason to be on the show?

Kenya apologizes and shades based on what image of herself she wants to sell at that moment. Sometimes it's the wise and magnanimous St. Kenya. Or, Kenya Moore, media mogul. In her talking heads she's the feisty beauty queen always ready with a sassy quip.

Porsha doesn't apologize, or makes those weird statements that dance around an apology while never actually making one ("I take ownership of the day"), because she is in some kind of perma tantrum where she cannot, will not say sorry for dragging Kenya across the floor by her hair. It's gone too far for her to concede remorse.

I don't know which is worse.

• Love 3

I believe it is up to Phaedra to choose what to expose her boys to; but, I also am with Kandi about the importance if keeping a connection between the man-children and their daddy, howerver that is done.

But, ultimately, no one gets to make that choice for Phaedra. It is hers to make. Period.

• Love 2