Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: You Don't Know Jack

A string of homicides have the press asking Captain Renard if a Jack the Ripper copycat has arrived in Portland. While dealing with the investigation, Nick, Hank, Monroe and Wu deal with a situation they never expected. Meanwhile, Adalind and Rosalee must work together on a last ditch attempt to fix Juliette's condition. Elsewhere, Juliette decides to help her new ally even if it means hurting those around her.

HOLY HELL!!!!!!

Monroe better not be dead.   He just better not be.   He was Nick's first Wesen friend.   And despite everything that happened to him, he STAYED Nick's friend.   

Did you get that Juliette, you bitch.    Last anyone knew from your mouth you hated being a hexenbeist.   You disappear and decide you like being a bitch.   Then when your concerned friends find a fix for your situation, you attack them for NOT KNOWING SOMETHING YOU NEVER TOLD THEM.    Way to take responsibility for your own action.

Had to laugh when Adalind said she didn't do this every day while mixing the potion.   No you don't because you SUCK at magic.   But was that the most awkward carry of a woman ever when Nick carried her away to rest?   It's like he just picked her up around the waist and carried her standing straight over to the bed.   Oh and "our baby."   Yeah it might be "our baby" but there ain't gonna be no little cottage with a white picket fence and a closet full of Grimm weapons.   You are going to have work out a custody arrangement dearie.

So Jack the Ripper was a wesen or a Grimm?   Would have preferred more of that story than oh look Juliette is a bitch and Renard is bleeding.   

Oh and Henrietta, I have decided you are about as good a hexenbeist as Adalind.   

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh. Juliette is beyond boring. They made her even MORE boring and insufferable then I could have imagined. The worst. I'm simply hoping she dies and we're rid of her permanently. That is pretty much the only story line I care about.

In the promo,

it sounds like it's Nick screaming NO. I'm guessing Juliette does something to his Mom and he's screaming about that. Not about Juliette, cause why care?

The worst.

ETA - spoiler tagging the stuff from the promo. Don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Edited by msani19
  • Love 2

Holy Hexenbeiste! OK, I know it's technically Zauberbeiste, but I love the sound of the former. I had a niggling feeling at the beginning of the episode that Renard was possessed by the spirit of the killer. Being possessed by Jack the Ripper really sucks out loud for Sean. Thanks, Maman Renard, for that little gift. Talk about a nasty side effect. Watching Sean lose control was quite disconcerting.

I really wanted to slap Adalind with her passive aggressive coffin side speech to her mother. I really can't believe she drank the suppression potion. Considering what Adalind went through to regain her powers, I sincerely doubt that potion was permanent. Adalind was counting on someone killing Juliette while she was vulnerable. I swear, her playing the helpless pregnant female is getting on my last nerve. I can't believe the guys are falling for her manipulations. Watching her suffer after drinking the potion did alleviate some of my annoyance, though.

Cutting up Adalind's mother's corpse grossed me the hell out. I dont' know why. I watch The Walking Dead, but this episode made me squeamish. Seriously, the gore on Walking Dead seemed tame by comparison.

Last, but not least, D'OH, stupid cliffhangers! That was not nice.

• Love 5
(edited)

Upside: I only have two episodes to watch before I am done with this show. Unless the writing is so spectacular that I just have to tune in for the next premiere. Yet, I doubt it.

Downside(s):

*wasting Garcelle Beauvais

*draggingplots out even more

*inserting a case that should have either gotten it's own episode, and preferably before now, or just not used until next season.

Then the previews show me that the writers don't think much of Kelly's critical thinking. Yes, Kelly doesn't seem to know what we know, but then again, we actually don't know what she knows. 

Nice scenes with Rosalee and Adalind.  I also enjoyed Adalind getting Catherine up to speed; it was a really good scene for Ms. Coffee!

Bud! You do you, hon. Never change.

While I'm glad there wasn't much lying to Juliette, the actual lies of omission are probably part of what peeved Juliette. Plus, they were really weaksauce pleas.

While I am glad someone thought Teresa might be needed, I feel the Show is trolling. I would love a Teresa return, but it feels like it is a sop more than something organic.

When I can guess the Jack the Ripper "twist"/whatever, then maybe the writers need to take maybe one more pass. Yes, it is linked to Renard, but there isso much going on and this could have maybe been handled earlier in the half season?

So, are The Writers: The Show as Juliette: The Grimmebago?   The feeling gets stronger every week. I don't think it is what I am supposed to feel.

Shallow note: I love Henrieitta's house. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's lovely.

I think I am back to sort of hating the NBC promo monkeys. I feel very deflated now.

eta:

Bud is on babysitting duty with Adalind.  Go Bud!  Just if you see Juliette, hide.  At this point, she would kill you without blinking an eyes.  She's evil cray-cray now.

Maybe telling Bud would be a good thing to do, Nick, et. al.? Yeah, he's a babbler, but he is protecting Adalind from a hexened Juliette. I think it's fair to inform a safehouse person about the level of direct threat they could be facing.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 5

Holy Hexenbeiste! OK, I know it's technically Zauberbeiste, but I love the sound of the former. I had a niggling feeling at the beginning of the episode that Renard was possessed by the spirit of the killer. Being possessed by Jack the Ripper really sucks out loud for Sean...

Seriously? I missed that.

About the attempt to de-biest Julliette:

Surely one half of the remaining potion was sufficient to hand her in a breakable container over a hard floor.

But if I was there and in charge: Juliette would've been rendered unconscious and had the stuff put into her via IV. I'm sure many viewers would think this was wrong, but I also stomped on a big hairy centipede at work yesterday because it was menacing a large young man, even though I'm sure the boss would've preferred to have it captured in a jar and let loose in the wild.

• Love 7

Juliette can't die soon enough. I could care less that she's a victim too.

I doubt the writers intend me to feel this way but you can't take a marginally irritating character and make me care when she goes evil.

I'm more interested in Adalind's redemption now. She's Chipped!Spike. And Juliette is Angelus.

• Love 15
(edited)

I just don't know what to think at this point, because I really can no longer buy any kind of "The Hexenbeast in her is doing this!" excuse for Juliette.  I could even by the loss of the trailer (boo!) from last week, because it was a impulsive, rash decision out anger, and I could buy (barely, but still) that she was letting her temper get the better of her.  But this?  Teaming with the Royals; who she knows damn well are not good; setting Kelly up to pretty much die (does she really think the Royals are just going to let her go?) assaulting Hank/Monroe/Rosalee, and then possessing Nick and maybe making him shoot Monroe?!  Nope, that has gone beyond that.  She is planning and going out of her way to harm people.  And whatever her feelings are about Nick, the rest don't deserve it.  So, sorry, show. If this is going to end with Juliette being cured and excused, I will never, ever buy it.  Only way I can see this work is that she's full-blown evil now.

I'm also in the camp that thinks this "Jack the Ripper" is going to end up being a possessed Renard.  I could be totally wrong, but I think this is where it is heading.  It's just too bad they randomly killed of Henrietta like that.  Stupid.

Bud is on babysitting duty with Adalind.  Go Bud!  Just if you see Juliette, hide.  At this point, she would kill you without blinking an eye.  She's evil cray-cray now.

So, did Adalind tell the truth and her powers really are pushed back?  I just can't see her willing to do that, after everything she went through to get them back.  I wonder if she has another angle.  And, if nothing else, she had to believe that there was a strong possibility Juliette would refuse the potion, so now the battle has become extremely lopsided.

Next week:

oh, thank goodness.  Trubel is back.  At this point, we need someone who might actually go full-Grimm on Juliette's ass, if the gauntlet is thrown.  That's assuming I watch.  Because if next week's episodes starts with Monroe's dying, I'm changing the channel.  Only so much shit I can take, show.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 6
(edited)

This WILL contain preview spoilers- so don't continue if you don't want to know.

•• I've come on here the past few weeks saying about how much I hate this shit with Juliette. Now I think I hate Juliette. A lot has happened to her since Nick found out he's a Grimm. But I just don't think Juliette would act like this. Period. That's one of the reasons this story is so dumb.
•• Wirh every passing episode, I believe more & more that Season 5 will be it. I know they're losing ratings- isn't that a SHOCKER?! It's crazy that I'm looking forward to Supernatural more than Grimm. (SN has been good lately.) SN went to shot after they changes writers- what's Grimm's excuse??
•• If Juliette shoots Monroe, I'll be so sad and mad. They've been stupid, but I don't think the writers are stupid enough to kill Monroe. I hope not anyway.
•• The way everyone is catering to Adalind now makes me wanna puke. She's for HERSELF. She'd kill both Monroe & Rosalee if it would benefit her in any way.
•• Finally Trubel is coming back!! I really hope she stays around for Season 5.
•• My happiness after seeing Trubel lasted for a second after hearing Nick's cries, I'm guessing poor Kelly's a goner, which sucks. What I don't get is how will this happen with Diana there? She's powerful & there's no way she'd let someone hurt Kelly. I don't see her letting anyone even get close to her- but I guess we'll see.
•• I really have no idea why I'm still even watching this show!! I just can't stop yet.

Edited by stacey
Spoiler tag
  • Love 2
(edited)

SPOILER:

To me,  was pretty easy to tell that it was Renard's voice doing a cockney accent.

I sure hope Bud doesn't tell the Royals, "I don't know anything about Adalind being here", before they even ask.  Sounds like something he would do.

Edited by stacey
Spoiler tag
  • Love 4
(edited)

So does Truble know she just needs to get a little of her blood into Juliette to at least de-power Juliette (not sure that the hexenbitch personality can be removed that easily)?

Anyone else expect that when Wu asked for another flashlight that he was going to say something like: Oh. Good. It's okay. I left a flash drive here with pictures of a lot of the book pages that I took with my new hi-res, super-duper featured iPhone 6 (or Galaxy S whatever)?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

I only thought about Nick's Mom when I heard him cry- it never occurred to me that it could be Juliette. She may be a powerful Hexenbiest but Diana is more powerful and Kelly is a bad-ass. Then if Nick, Trubel, & whoever else gets there in time to help, maybe it is Juliette.

(Does this make any sense to ANYONE else? Or am I just hoping?)

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm more interested in Adalind's redemption now. She's Chipped!Spike. And Juliette is Angelus.

I was thinking the same thing tonight(re: Adalind as Spike). I'd like to see them give it a shot. CC is a better actress than BT, can also do comedy and has always had more chemistry with Nick than Juliette.  As for Juliette, turning a good guy into a villain is a good way to make an uninteresting character or weak actor instantly more dynamic. The most recent example being Ward on Agents of Shield, The character of Juliette has never been more interesting to me, and in her role as villain, the big blank eyes and stony expression actually work

I doubt the writers intend me to feel this way but you can't take a marginally irritating character and make me care when she goes evil.

This.Minus the "marginally".   ;)

Edited by bentley
  • Love 1

So does Truble know she just needs to get a little of her blood into Juliette to at least de-power Juliette (not sure that the hexenbitch personality can be removed that easily)?

I don't remember who, but someone on the show said that since Juliette's Hexen-problem is unique, Grimm blood won't de-biest her.

• Love 1

Adalind is not Spike!!! There's no redemption there.

Adalind goes to/with anyone that can benefit her the most. If it happens that someone comes along that can help her more than Nick & co., she'll kill Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, or/and Wu if she had to.

• Love 1

I don't remember who, but someone on the show said that since Juliette's Hexen-problem is unique, Grimm blood won't de-biest her.

IIRC, it was Henrietta. She may have truly believed that or had an agenda that was never gotten around to being explored.

I thought the guys flashbacks were nice. Hank and Wu remembered their first trips to the Grimmebago and Monroe remembered getting the Ogre gun to save Hank, who also remembered that bit of history.  But the other big question: Did the Super-Soaker of Fire Extinguishing survive?   Maybe it could have since it was enough to explode a fire wesen.

• Love 3

Die Juliette die. Please don't try to rehabilitate her. Just kill her off.

They better not try to force a redemption out of her, she destroyed the trailer, blamed Nick for just about everything, attacked Nick and the gang, forcibly controls Nick to shoot Monroe, and possibly is involved with the death(s) in the next 2 episodes.

There should be no coming back after this at all, but I wouldn't past anything by these writers.

• Love 3

IIRC, it was Henrietta. She may have truly believed that or had an agenda that was never gotten around to being explored...

I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that it was only Nick's blood that wouldn't work on her.

So, would Henrietta have expected Adalind's spell to work on Adalind and not on Juliette?

I love Claire Coffee's acting and would be very happy to have her return without the hexenbiest faces.

• Love 2

HANK: The only difference [between Jack the Ripper and the current killer] is, that was London, this is Portland.

ME: And it was over two centuries ago!  That's kind of a big difference!

I also can't believe that they tried to just HAND Juliette the only cure they had (and apparently all of it) IN A GLASS JAR.  The brilliant detectives of Portland and their friends, guys.  She just tried to burn down Grimm Central, what makes you think she's just going to take the cure?

• Love 13

I guess we can thank the Portland rain for saving some of the books once the fire burned through the roof of the Grimmebago. But can a fire burn through a metal trailer roof? And wouldn't that have just resulted in water damage?

If not the rain, why would any of the books lying around in plain sight have been spared? Magical fireproof paper?

• Love 1
So, did Adalind tell the truth and her powers really are pushed back?  I just can't see her willing to do that, after everything she went through to get them back.  I wonder if she has another angle.

Adalind is not smart enough to have another angle....

• Love 5

I also can't believe that they tried to just HAND Juliette the only cure they had (and apparently all of it) IN A GLASS JAR.  The brilliant detectives of Portland and their friends, guys.  She just tried to burn down Grimm Central, what makes you think she's just going to take the cure?

I think that was dumb, too. Knock her out and force the cure down her throat. However, to play devil's advocate, Nick and the gang doesn't know what I know. All they know is that she burned down the Grimmebago. They don't know Juliette has conspired with the Royal Dick and lured Kelly back to Portland. Since they don't know the extent of Juliette's treachery, I guess I can see why Nick and the others thought reasoning with her would work.

I think I'm going to withhold judgement on the Juliette going evil until I see the actual end of it. it's been entertaining for me to see her express her inner witch, but I don't want her to become permanently evil. I do want her to be cured. To me, killing off Juliette makes her the girlfriend who only existed to be discarded for plot convenience.,It also signals the eventual girl of the week, which would ruin the show for me. Worse yet, it  could lead to Adalind and Nick. Adalind, I tell you. I love Juliette, but even if I hated her, I think preventing Nick/Adalind would make Juliette a necessary character on this show. I like Juliette and Nick together. I'm still rooting for those two crazy kids.

Besides, Nick doesn't deserve having to suffer that kind of loss.

• Love 6

Adalind is not smart enough to have another angle....

Exactly, she foolishly went to the Royals for help and when that didn't work and with Juliette after her, she didn't have much of a choice.

...killing off Juliette...

also signals the eventual girl of the week, which would ruin the show for me. Worse yet, it  could lead to Adalind and Nick...

I don't want a Nick-Adalind pairing, but he seemed awfully caring when he helped her onto the bed and covered her with a blanket. I shuddered.

I would like to see Nick playing the field. He's a good looking guy who is not a womanizer.

I also wondered if Renard was Jack the Ripper when Henrietta was killed shortly after Renard ran from her house. My memory was telling me that Jack was dressed more casually, but I guess that the accent or the weird movements Jack made were playing a trick on my mind. My DVR shows that Henrietta's killer was wearing navy blue dress pants & brown leather shoes. That could be Renard. The legs seemed skinnier than I expected of Renard, but I could be wrong about that, and everything else seems to point to him.

Assuming that Jack the Ripper was brought about by Mama Renard's 2-headed snake, the question becomes whether Mama Renard wanted this to happen, was okay with this happening as long as her son survived, or whether she was totally unaware of the possibility?

Also, is there any connection to water in the real Jack the Ripper case?

Not sure whether I want Juliette to die or become evil. I'm not sure she can pull off evil. There was this exchange after Kenneth notices soot on Juliette's hand:

Kenneth: Been burning some bridges?

Juliette: A little payback.

Kenneth: Oh? We're going to have a lot of that.

Afterwards, the corners of Juliette's mouth raised approximately 2 millimeters. That was not an evil grin or even a smirk. It was like something registered with her, but you almost needed a microscope to tell.

• Love 1

I also wondered if Renard was Jack the Ripper when Henrietta was killed shortly after Renard ran from her house. My memory was telling me that Jack was dressed more casually, but I guess that the accent or the weird movements Jack made were playing a trick on my mind. My DVR shows that Henrietta's killer was wearing navy blue dress pants & brown leather shoes. That could be Renard. The legs seemed skinnier than I expected of Renard, but I could be wrong about that, and everything else seems to point to him...

Also, is there any connection to water in the real Jack the Ripper case?...

Wasn't Jack a lot shorter than Renard? And now that you mention the accent, I'm going with Jack not being Renard.

Any other Forever watchers wonder if Renard was becoming immortal when he woke up in the pool? I noticed steam rising off of it. Lucky Sasha Roiz didn't have to shoot in cold water--although if the air was near freezing, the water might not have been very warm.

• Love 1

I feel as if Renard has to be Jack. Mama Renard opened some conduit to the other side and something demonic walked through and into him.

Similar to Juliette but I actually feel SORRY for him.

It seems as if Adalind was trying to tell Rosalee that before Nick 'became' a Grimm, she was just a lawyer with the Hexie under control.

• Love 3

Adalind's evil is a lot more fun for me because she's funny. Hilarious lines tonight with her mom's corpse, I laughed out loud a lot. I think this is why I now prefer her over Juliette. Adalind, as bad as she is, is also totally fallible and hilarious while being fallible.

Juliette is just being turned into a completely irredeemable bad guy. And I liked the character before this! With every bad guy, you have to be able to identify with them in some way ... and I just don't with Bad Juliette. Even though you can argue it's the hexenbeist, it makes no sense, since the other hexenbiests we've seen haven't been evil like she's being. So then ... it's her own personality coming out? From where? So many character inconsistencies that you can't explain away with magic. I just really think the writers mangled this badly. The only thing to do is have Juliette be killed (by Nick!). I feel like it's the only way to rescue this.

• Love 4

I think some of this horrible hexenbiest story is due to bad writing, but a lot of it due to bad acting. Bitsie is just not up to the task. These writers have written other villains that I wanted to see more of: Adalind, Eric Renard, Baron Samedi. Hell, Intern Ryan was a more compelling and complex villain than Juliette could ever hope to be. Those characters felt lived in because their actors were so much stronger than Bitsie. The hexenbiesting is weak writing coupled with even weaker acting.

The other problem is that for the most part Juliette has been portrayed as blandly inoffensive with a check box of skills rather than a personality. If Juliette had an actual personality that we were familiar with that we saw peeking through her hexenrage, it would lend some credence to idea that she likes her new powers.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ugh....this show.

I will admit that there were a number of funny scenes tonight and one or two of them were actually supposed to be funny (Adalind speaking to her mother, Adalind trying not to vomit during, well, the dissection).  Mostly, though, this episode was painfully bad in my book.  Even the last scene, which was supposed to be dramatic, came off as hilariously cartoonish.

A couple big feelings I'm feeling right now....

I do want to clarify my feelings about Adalind.  I've posted a lot about my fear of and disgust with the idea of shipping Adalind and Nick.  Ironically, I actually do generally like Adalind, mostly due to Claire Coffee's performance.  Really, I direct all my Adalind hate at the writers.  I do hope, when all this settles, she becomes more than a convenient plot uterus.  And,

I'm thinking that she's faking her subdued nature and she's gearing up for a big betrayal.

Here is an Adalind question from my husband.  If Adalind is afraid that Juliette is going to kill her, why doesn't she just leave town?  My addendum: Why doesn't she use her current pregnancy as leverage to get Nick to send her off to Kelly (and Diana!) for safekeeping?

Oh, because that would make sense.....  Whatevs.

I was especially impressed with Sasha Roiz's acting tonight, but

it looks like I guessed right about him being the Jack the Ripper killer AS THEY SHOWED HIM AS SUCH IN THE PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK!!!  so much for suspense!

I really didn't like how they handled the Jack the Ripperness in this episode.  My favorite episode of the series is Nameless from season 2, in part because they handled the source material so well.  It was based on Rumplestiltskin, but Rumplestiltskin was never mentioned.  They made nods to the source material with great subtleness so that the plot could stand on its own.  Tonight it was "Jack the Ripper this" and "Jack the Ripper" that and it just got tiresome.

I have new respect for Rosalee.  There were parts of this show that were, well, disgusting....and Rosalee played it perfectly.

Poor Bud.  Poor, poor Bud.

Adios Henrietta.  To quote Nick, one less hexenbiest in the world would not be the worst thing.  Yet, I was surprised that is how they got rid of her.  It seemed like a lot of trouble to bring in the character only to off her rather quickly.

I have to be honest.  I'm not sure I have it in me to finish out this season.  I don't think I've ever seen a show go in the crapper as quickly and completely as Grimm.  As as someone who has spent a decade of her life watching Grey's Anatomy, that's saying something (sigh, yes, still watching it....).  Maybe I need to just start drinking about half an hour before I start watching Grimm to make it less painful and more humorous.....

Seriously? I missed that.

Re: Renard as Jack the Ripper. They showed it in the preview.

I guess we can thank the Portland rain for saving some of the books once the fire burned through the roof of the Grimmebago. But can a fire burn through a metal trailer roof? And wouldn't that have just resulted in water damage?
If not the rain, why would any of the books lying around in plain sight have been spared? Magical fireproof paper?

Don't ask questions when they need that part of the sound stage for something else.....

I guess burning down the trailer was just a way for the writers to move everything to a central location. It's one stop shopping now.  

The trailer was already in the sound stage (BT posted a picture of it today).  My guess is that they need that part of the sound stage for something else and decided to just, you know, burn down the most iconic part of the show for, what?, Rosalee's basement?

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 8

To me, was pretty easy to tell that it was Renard's voice doing a cockney accent.

Me, too. I wasn't even looking at the TV and was only half paying attention, but when I heard that I looked up and thought, "Oh God, why are they making Renard put on that terrible accent?"

• Love 2

To me, killing off Juliette makes her the girlfriend who only existed to be discarded for plot convenience.

The only “convenience” being that the writers chose to make it the Juliette Drama Hour instead doing the half a dozen other very interesting things they could’ve done with her that would have made her valuable as something other than the Little Woman. She could’ve even slid by on her bad acting. They painted themselves into a corner and now they’re walking on the wet paint to get out of it and they’ll track it all over the living room carpet.

I am soooo annoyed about all the missed opportunities for the character to be interesting, productive, and helpful. But (in writing this just now), maybe it was always intended to be a BT vehicle. She got cat-scratch fever early on.

This is a small group, I think, and I don’t follow shows or celebrities on Twitter or FB, so I don’t how much of the fandom wants her gone, but if I were the network, I’d be giving the writers the side-eye.

Aside: Ditto others on the multiple stupidities in the episode.

• Love 3

This is a small group, I think, and I don’t follow shows or celebrities on Twitter or FB, so I don’t how much of the fandom wants her gone, but if I were the network, I’d be giving the writers the side-eye.

I have started reading the Grimm discussions on the FB posts and the tide there has turned as well.  Yes, there are people who love Juliette's more power...but many, many more who just want her gone.

I also follow Bitsie Tulloch on Instagram (as I do many of the cast as their posts tend to be quite fun) and a day or two after last week's episode, she posted a picture of herself that had absolutely nothing to do with Grimm.  I was floored by the comments on her post--things saying SHE should be ashamed of herself and SHE should die.  There was even a comment from DG saying something to the tune that he knew this would happen if she posted something that day (I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was like that).

I mean, it is ridiculous and just plain stupid to go after the actress for something that her character did and I am not condoning it at all--I found it all pretty disturbing.  But it does show how pissed off people are.

• Love 6

Our heroes screwed up again this week in the name of drama. They mistakenly believed Juliette wanted their help when she had already told Nick that she loves the power. They should have ambushed Juliette, tied her up, and force fed her the one of a kind cure. Morons.

I was glad when Monore woged and was ready to attack Juliette when Rosalie got thrown into the wall. Finally! Someone that doesn't worship the ground Juliette wants on!

Also Renard as the ripper looks so damn obvious. I am almost hoping the writers are faking us all out, and the killer is revealed to be... Bud. Bud then proceeds to murder Adalind while Nick's group is too busy dicking around with the Juliette drama. Wouldn't that be wild?

• Love 2

I thought the guys flashbacks were nice. Hank and Wu remembered their first trips to the Grimmebago and Monroe remembered getting the Ogre gun to save Hank, who also remembered that bit of history.  But the other big question: Did the Super-Soaker of Fire Extinguishing survive?   Maybe it could have since it was enough to explode a fire wesen.

I wondered why Monroe freaked out over the condition of the ogre gun, since its outer case appeared to be completely intact (as far as I could tell with the movement & flashlights, anyway).

The  plastic super-soaker wouldn't have survived the fire, but I'm sure the rest of the team kept theirs. Besides, it was the potion that defeated the phoenix Wesen, and Rosalee knows how to make more! I hope she writes down the recipes for future Grimms and times that she's out of town.

Speaking of writing stuff down, the entire gang needs to journal all of their previous Wesen cases to start building back their library, when they get a chance to sit down & take a breath. At least a few of their books partially survived the fire.

• Love 4

If Trubel eats it, I will throw something heavy at my television.

You, me and pretty much everyone still watching live, I'd think.  I think Teresa's pretty safe, though Sweet Tooth. Teresa is written as practically asexual, and she's a Grimm, so she's not overly girly and filled with girly cooties. She can be a BAMF, dress pretty when she's undercover, yet be considered helpful.

Also, think about how awful the writing must be to get us mostly agreeing with each other. For weeks, if not months. 

• Love 2

That prostitute was being super particular about not being okay with sex on the ground. Dude, you're a corner ho. Y u so picky?

So, I see Juliette is still alive. That's too bad. Tune in next week, for Adalind's So-Called Life, And How Juliette Ends It. F this show so hard.

(edited)

I liked this episode, & now I hate Juliette because she’s a bitch & not just because she bores the hell out of me.

Adalind’s talk with her mom was hysterical “Thanks mom, for being dead when I needed you the most”

So, for whatever reason the writers decided that Aunt Marie’s trailer was no longer where they wanted to do research & wanted to switch it to Monroe’s basement instead, so they had Juliette burn it all? Lucky Monroe just happens to have all those books. Anyone else think the way they handled Nick & Hank coming over was strange? When they had the voiceover of Monroe saying it was Nick & Hank instead of showing it to us, I thought for sure it was someone else (like Juliette) & they were forcing Monroe to say that & they were there to attack.

Nick: “How do you feel?”
Adalind: “Like I just drank my mother” HA

So is Adalind not a Wesen anymore? Can she go back to being one? Or are the effects just temporary?

Are they ever going to explain what is wrong with Renard?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well that was pretty good. Way to rub in the loss of the Grimmebago by showing us flashbaks to when Nick was just newbie Grimm. Babies! /sniff I still say Adalind has more chemistry with Nick than Juliette which is all kinds of wrong because Adalind is the worst still. As for Renard, it seems he is Jack the Ripper which makes me really sad for Renard.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
(edited)

I guess burning down the trailer was just a way for the writers to move everything to a central location. It's one stop shopping now.  

I think the point of the fire was summed up when Wu said, ". . .and then the bottom of the page is burned, so I can't tell what happened next."  From now on, they're only going to get hints about the various Wesen and then be forced to improvise.  Much hilarity will ensue.  BLEH.  (I, too, expected Wu to whip out a flashdrive backup.)

When I consider quitting this show, it's because I can't believe Adalind is back and bulging with her next baby already.  Short of generating some new competing "Royals" faction, they couldn't have picked a longer, more boring storyline to do again.

For me, one of the most interesting tricks on the whole show was Henrietta's address magically scrambling around on any piece of paper, anytime.  Odd that a woman with that level of self-preservation power let someone stroll right in and slash her jugular.  Henrietta was all set up as a strong ongoing magical character with lots of fun potential and they reduced her to "third Ripper victim," after hooker and hooker's roommate.   Stupid.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5