Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I recall in the first year or two that sherri started, when I was still watching pretty regularly, the panel was discussing some issue related to pregnancy and babies. Sherrie absolutely said that she had trouble conceiving naturally and had some eggs harvested and frozen. What eggs were not used when she conceived Jeffery (and wasn't there also a twin that sadly did't live? I may be confused on that) were frozen and she said she was paying a monthly fee to the fertility clinic for storing them. She hoped to use the eggs in the future to have a sibling for Jeffery. She also commented that, as a Christian, she could not imagine disposing of the frozen eggs, and called them her babies. (she didn't imply the eggs were fertilized)

I recall a friend and I talked about that was a monthly expense ( frozen egg storage) that we never considered and how, if she never used the eggs that monthly bill could be quite an expense if you viewed getting rid of the egg as murder! My friend suggested that after a certain number of years a doctor could probably advise the frozen eggs would not be viable and that would ease someone's conscience about discarding the eggs.

I wonder if she used all her frozen eggs in this latest surrogate situation, or if Lamar was concerned about Jeffery's medical conditions and wanted younger eggs to produce a magnificent specimen as his son?

There is a difference between frozen eggs and frozen embryos. If a surrogate egg was used for this latest venture it would seem to me that everything frozen is already fertilized with Jeff Tarpley's sperm and would not be acceptable to Sal as he wanted his own son.

The only way this could be Sherry's biological child would be if she recently had eggs harvested or if some of the frozen ones were unfertilized. It appears to me, from her comments before, that everything frozen was fertilized with her ex-husband's sperm and considered embryos. And thus, in her mind, "pre-children" - which is just so sick because her "babies" will be in true limbo until she stops paying the fees or the electricity goes out on the freezers.

• Love 4
And Sherri was involved in this despite being against abortion yet having more "than she can count."

Perhaps like many others, she's against abortion for you, me, and all other women...but her personal circumstances can justify anything.

f I had her salary for 2-3 years I'd retire and be set for life, but I bet she spends it all on $1.7M homes, nannies, special education, travel, personal assistants, private chefs, cars, house upkeep, stylists, financial advisers, managers, shopping, gadgets, etc

I don't mean to butt in, Lordonia, but there are some heavy expenses for wigs (even though she gets a discount), shoes, and....those FABULOUS outfits she squeezes into every day.

The prenup also grants him a mere $60,000 if the marriage lasts between two and five years.

There were stipulations on alimony...depending on the length of the marriage.  I'm too lazy to look up other figures: like five-to-ten?  Or how long the alimony lasts.

There were stipulations on alimony...depending on the length of the marriage.  I'm too lazy to look up other figures: like five-to-ten?  Or how long the alimony lasts.

New York Daily News, May 15, 2014:

Sherri Shepherd’s prenup gives her full custody of unborn child with Lamar Sally: report

Sherri Shepherd isn't playing around when it comes to her prenup.

When "The View" co-host filed for divorce from Lamar Sally earlier this week, some were surprised that she didn't seek custody of their unborn child. Now it seems the issue has already been dealt with.

Sally already agreed in a prenup to give Shepherd full physical custody of their child if they divorced, according to TMZ.

If true, this sheds light on why Sally asked to invalidate their prenup based on fraud when he filed for legal separation two weeks ago. The prenup also grants him a mere $60,000 if the marriage lasts between two and five years, TMZ claims. (The two married in 2011.)

(edited)

I found this in the archives at Huffington Post. The video is gone but Sherri is quoted about her frozen embryos.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/30/sherri-shepherd-on-her-fr_n_70490.html

She calls them "my little boys" which seems odd but is probably just a Sherri-ism.

Thanks for the link Dissy.  Like @CattyTiger posted, the comments sound like the old thread at the old place and they are seven, almost eight years old.   Sherri's firing was long overdue, in fact I don't think she ever should have been hired much less last seven years.  The whole dumbing down of this show really took off when when she arrived. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Sherri has always had too many versions of her "stories" all contradicting each other. Her "comedic license" be damned, lies are lies and does SHE know anymore what the truth actually is???

This latest farce is more bizarre than any soap opera/reality show, is that what Sal & Sherri's ambition is? Sherri has always acted like a reality show is the greatest accomplishment that can be achieved. There are at least 3 innocents being hurt/damaged here: Jeffery, the unborn child & the poor surrogate. What a scandalous mess.........

• Love 3
(edited)

Sherri has always had too many versions of her "stories" all contradicting each other. Her "comedic license" be damned, lies are lies and does SHE know anymore what the truth actually is???

The Tom Kelly (warm up act for the show) story she told was not accurate:

Also, I'm sure it was a set-up but it seemed so rude for Sherri to be bad-mouthing their audience-warmer-upper, Tom.  Apparently he was at her pool party too and got drunk!  Not only did she tell us that he got drunk--that she had him sleep it off at her house, but she let the world know that he left the bedroom in a mess.  What a wonderful hostess...and friend.

Tom was at a party held last year- He made plans to stay over before the party happened

Thomas J. Kelly ‏@TomKellyShow  13 Jun 2013

@SherriEShepherd Your husband @SalfromtheD said I could bring a date and have sex in the wig room this weekend.  #JustSaying

He later joked about leaving the bed unmade in a  tweet to Sal (when they had family staying in their home)

Thomas J. Kelly ‏@TomKellyShow  Jul 28

@SalfromtheD @SherriEShepherd I wonder if they all made their beds?

This years pool party seemed to be for the women's group she is a part of (Mocha Moms)

Edited by springtime

Ironically "Mocha Moms" : "is a support group for mothers of color who have chosen not to work full-time outside of the home in order to devote more time to their families .." So why is Sherri part of this group????

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, I guess with her current unemployed status, she finally fits in with that group then.

Although, she's been away from home working this weekend. She's been in New Orleans for that business contest event at Essence Fest that she's been tweeting about for the last couple of weeks:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  Jul 5
Today was super great! Congratulations to Boomie Odumade on winning the @Chevron @PowerMovesNOLA pitch contest. You earned it!

Super excited to support #minoritybusiness as MC of the @Chevron @PowerMovesNOLA pitch contest! About to hit the stage!

Super excited to support #minoritybusiness as MC of the @Chevron @PowerMovesNOLA pitch contest!  Join me Hall B I hit the stage at 11:55am

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  Jul 3
Know any minority-owned technology startups? Send them to the @PowerMovesNOLA to learn more. Visit http://bit.ly/1I6jw6k

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  Jul 2
I’m excited to work with @Chevron at its @PowerMovesNOLA pitch contest during @ESSENCEFest. Great seeing such a large company #giveback!

I saw that Prince did a concert at Essence Fest on Friday night. I wonder if Sherri went to it.

It must be killing her to be there and not tweet pics, selfies, and her usual stuff. She's only been tweeting about the event she MC'd. 

PowerMovesNOLA did RT a tweet of a group pic she was in:

https://twitter.com/BOLDGuidance/status/485507136923774976

I wasn't sure if it was her but it's this same dress (although she appears to have gained some weight in the last two months):

http://instagram.com/p/oCKaqRILn2/?modal=true

ETA:  Looking at replies to her latest tweets, she's getting some criticism due to the recent articles claiming she wants nothing to do with the surrogate baby:

https://twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/485471418990067713

Edited by LuckyBitch

Ironically "Mocha Moms" : "is a support group for mothers of color who have chosen not to work full-time outside of the home in order to devote more time to their families .." So why is Sherri part of this group????

They must be a bunch of wealthy, privileged women to be able to make that "choice."

Those tweets don't "sound" like Sherri, too many "super" things going on, LOL.

I wasn't sure if it was her

Yup Sherri who can never just stand straight, always has to lean in. And she's in her I have to urinate stance.

• Love 1
(edited)

Those tweets don't "sound" like Sherri, too many "super" things going on, LOL.

There were at least a half dozen other tweets about that event going back to June 20th and none of them sound like the usual Sherri. After she tweeted, "Goodnight. See you soon" on June 14th and then was uncharacteristically silent for several days and returned to Twitter on June 19th, I'm not so sure it's her tweeting.

In the last three weeks or so, she's tweeted only about the New Orleans event, (about a dozen times), a couple of wig pimping tweets, what looks like a sponsored tweet for Blue Bunny ice cream, (although she didn't note it was sponsored), four tweets on June 26th when news of her dismissal broke, a couple of tweets about her Nick Moms Night Out thing last week, one tweet with a pic of her dog, ("My Cane Corso Lexi"), and that one tweet complaining about being at the track all day for Jeffrey, (with the staged BS pic of Sherri in the stands occupying several seats and hamming it up for the camera).

I think maybe she's done the personal tweets, but there are far fewer personal tweets and pics than usual, and hardly any Instagram photos, unlike when she used to post some nearly every day. She most likely cut down on all the personal tweets, pics, and Instagram posts on the advice of an attorney, and most of her other tweets are probably being done by a manager or assistant now.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

I don't  know what to make of Sherri and her ex regarding  the baby.  I think a good con artist would wait  for the baby to be  born, bond with the baby on some level and  then divorce with alimony and child support to boot.

Aren't there always contingencies written out in the contract with the surrogate? Like, for example, the parents change their minds, or the surrogate refuses to give the baby up? I wonder how she feels with all of these rumors and tweets going around.

Don't the prospective parents usually spend time with the surrogate, going to doctor visits, etc.? Or did they 'just set it and forget it'?

Poor, poor baby.

One would think there was a contract with the surrogate but with Sherri anything is possible.  What really baffles me is Sherri did not say one word about the surrogate or baby on the View.  She talked about it before it happened on a radio show (I think) and she briefly talked about it in the Parade magazine interview a couple months ago but not.one.single.word on the View.  I find that odd.  It's like she was keeping it a secret but not really.  And we all know how Sherri loves to run her mouth about everything.  Maybe the surrogate didn't want any sort of publicity.  Which is understandable.  When Sarah Jessica Parker had a surrogate for her twins she hired a woman who lives in my area.  The woman's house was broken into by a local sheriff looking to make a few bucks off anything he found regarding the surrogacy.  So if I was Sherri's surrogate I would have demanded my privacy be kept.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really don't get all the people jumping on Sherri for not wanting to be a parent to a child that's not hers and that her future ex-huzzbin pretty much tricked her into buying.  (Gosh, re-reading that, it sounds bad - buying.)  It's not like Sherri hasn't paid for everything so far.  I know I wouldn't want this baby in these circumstances if I were her.  I'd want to concentrate on the special needs son I do have.

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 11
(edited)

I really don't get all the people jumping on Sherri for not wanting to be a parent to a child that's not hers and that her future ex-huzzbin pretty much tricked her into buying.  (Gosh, re-reading that, it sounds bad - buying.)  It's not like Sherri hasn't paid for everything so far.  I know I wouldn't want this baby in these circumstances if I were her.  I'd want to concentrate on the special needs son I do have.

Isnt it a shame that she portrays her son is a burden to her more than a joy?? so often hearing the information I hope Jeff gets custody of Jeffery.... best interest of the child and all.

Edited by RogerFromOhio

ITA Catty Tiger.  It's not like Sherri is turning her back on a child that she has raised and cared for.  She isn't abandoning this baby.  The father is asking for full custody so why not let him have it?  OTOH we don't know that Sherri doesn't want the baby.  I honestly don't know what I would do if I were in her position.  I think Sal will be a horrible father and a child does need a mother but I'm not sure I would want to have to co-parent with someone who took me for a ride (IMO).  For me it wouldn't be about the money. It would be about do I want to be tied to this man for the rest of my life.

• Love 1

I can actually buy that. Its all just so sad because there's a good possibility that no one now really wants this baby including the surrogate. As I've said before I'm fascinated with how this will all play out and if it will have any effect on our current laws. Even though I want the scoop on what's going down I hope Sherri remains silent because she's so dumb its just better for all concerned.

• Love 1

I can understand why Sherri wouldn't want to pay child support that (if Sal gets his way) she would never get to see or help raise. And it's possible that she really does want custody of the child (apparently it is in their prenup that she would get custody of any child they have together). It's possible that she is willing to not fight for custody because she can't imagine 18 years of Sal holding it over her head that Sherri isn't the child's "real" mom (I have no idea if he would do that but a man who is trying to prevent a woman from seeing her son seems like the vindictive type. Also, I don't think that just because someone doesn't share your DNA doesn't make them your real parent).

• Love 2

Isnt it a shame that she portrays her son is a burden to her more than a joy?? so often hearing the information I hope Jeff gets custody of Jeffery.... best interest of the child and all.

I'm divided on Jeffrey's custody, too.  If she does lose custody, there will be no one to blame but herself.  Jeffrey is getting close to the age that he might indeed need to live with his dad.

A friend of mine let her son go live with his father when he was a little older even though her husband had been his step-father for close to 10 years.  Her son wanted to, and she wanted him to have the father/son relationship with him.

• Love 1

I would think that a judge would have to find something VERY wrong with Sherri in order for her to lose complete custody of Jeffrey.

I do find it odd that both her ex- and her soon to be ex- are looking for full custody of their sons. It is even weirder that they are both testifying in support of the one (according to reports). Either Sherri is a TERRIBLE mother, or the two men have decided to help each other to get more money.

Maybe Sherri will move back to California so that Jeffrey will be able to spend more time with father.

• Love 3

For me it's about what is best for Jeffrey and his father did have custody at one time.  If Sherri is going to be doing a lot of traveling maybe Jeff should have Jeffrey.  As a parent sometimes you have to put your wants and needs on the back burner and put your child first.

• Love 3

For me it's about what is best for Jeffrey and his father did have custody at one time.  If Sherri is going to be doing a lot of traveling maybe Jeff should have Jeffrey.  As a parent sometimes you have to put your wants and needs on the back burner and put your child first.

When did Jeff have custody of Jeffrey, and how come he lost it? (or was this a temporary thing when Sherri moved to NY when she started the View?)

That's part of the reason I think Sherri should move back to California. Maybe they could share custody of him. But I definitely think that it's better for Jeffrey to stay with his father then stay at home with a nanny when Sherri is out of town at work.

• Love 3

When Sherri first started on the View Jeffrey was in California with his Dad. I don't know if it was court ordered custody or if it was something Sherri and her ex worked out.  I do know she was paying him money at the time (not sure if it was child support or spousal support) and she was not happy about that.  Once Jeffrey moved to New York I think the money was renegotiated or something because Sherri stopped bitching about it.

• Love 1

She did not mention her problems or blame anyone for any reason.  She have full credit to BW for the expansion of her career and acknowledged the importance of the "Year of Barbara" and her retirement, and said she did not want to divert attention from her this year.  She simply stuck to her story that seven years is a Biblical cycle of completion and now it's time for her to move on. 

Even if it was 100% BS, it was a gracious public statement.

• Love 7
Once Jeffrey moved to New York I think the money was renegotiated or something because Sherri stopped bitching about it.

It's possible, SusieQ147, that there was a "stop bitching" clause in the settlement...for both Sherri and Jeff.

And, please, Dancing with the Stars, Sherri is not an all-star.  I don't want to see her there again.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Sherri would be in a better place - geographically and metaphorically - if she moved back to California. NY is grat for stage actors, and talk shows, but if she wants to pursue acting jobs I think she'd have more opportunities.

I wouldn't like to see her son taken away from her. She's crazy about that kid, it shows when she talks about him, and I think it would be cruel to the boy, who obviously loves his mom.

I wonder if Jeff could have physical custody, so he would have a stable place to live when Sherri is performing, but that they would co-parent. I hope they can work something out that gives Jeffrey the best outcome.

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 5
(edited)

In Sherri's "speech" , when she called Bill Clinton a fan because she played a whore in "One For The Money" was that not disgusting??? The main reason I have no respect for her, the inane, stupid, idiotic statements she makes but thinks she is a comic.............

One thing Sherri did say, that was so true, was maybe she should have "listened" to Whoopie's advice...BINGO SHE might still have a job & not ever have married Sal the leech IF she had listened...........

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 8

Sherri said she has projects in the works and she's going to promote them as a guest on The View. Oh boy!!

I wonder if the product endorsements will change for her without the show?

And, please, Dancing with the Stars, Sherri is not an all-star.  I don't want to see her there again.

Neither was Bristol Palin but she was back on for the all stars.

Not even sure if they are having another DWTS All-Stars. I think the first one wasn't that great.

• Love 1

Any man who would have his wife and mistress pregnant at the same time isn't a person of good character.  I don't know what to think about Jeffrey's father.

Either Sherri is a TERRIBLE mother, or the two men have decided to help each other to get more money.

Yay, we have a winner!

• Love 3
(edited)

Jeffery, father is a D list comedian. He is not married, and the father of two  children by his live in girlfriend.They want a pay check from Sherri.

Edited by fgoldberg
  • Love 2

There were many interesting comments on this story about Sherri and Jenny's announcements on The View. http://jezebel.com/watch-sherri-shepherd-and-jenny-mccarthy-pretend-they-w-1601152911

This comment made me very happy because I think it means that people know what liars they are over at The View and Barbara Walters especially.

One of the things I enjoyed (okay, maybe "enjoyed" is not the best word for it but stick with me here) about the Star Jones departure is that it was so badly handled — on all sides — that the public got a rare glimpse at the behind the scenes jockeying and PR that goes into these fir— err, transitions.

If you recall, Jones beat the show to the punch by preemptively announcing her departure live on-air and releasing a statement to People behind their backs that she had been fired, which royally pissed of Walters. Within hours, Barbara responded:

"When the news of Reynolds's firing was posted on People.com immediately after Reynolds made her on-air statement, a dismayed Walters quickly voiced her displeasure with the way Reynolds was handling her departure. "I felt, this morning, betrayed," Walters told PEOPLE three hours after the June 27 show wrapped. "What I really don't understand is why say, 'I was fired'? The View's coexecutive producer Bill Geddie and I said to her, 'Handle this any way you want. You can say anything about a new job, you can say anything about a new road. Whatever you say, we'll back you up. We will never say that your contract was not renewed.' And had she not said what she said to PEOPLE, I would never be telling you this now," Walters, 76, says."

In other words, Shepherd and McCarthy have been fired.

They told Star she could say whatever she wanted to say about her departure from The View and she did just that.

• Love 10

fgoldberg

33 minutes ago

Jeffery, father is a D list comedian. He is not married, and the father of two  children by his live in girlfriend.They want a pay check from Sherrie.

If Sherri's ex, Jeffrey Sr is a D list comedian, does that make Sherri a "Z" list comedian Sherri has the comic sense of an ant............

• Love 3
Neither was Bristol Palin but she was back on for the all stars.

Most people didn't like Bristol Palin and few thought she could dance.  Still, she finished in the top three because she had a fan base (thanks, Sarah) who voted.

Sherri was eliminated the fourth week...and I think the first week was elimination free.  She can dance.  Her personality was just off-putting.

• Love 1

I think Sherri was just mentioning some opportunities that would not have been possible if it had not been for the show. 

I thought her goodbye message was fine.

Wish her the best.

• Love 3

Sherri mentioned returning to DWTS because she would LOVE that....great money, minimal, flexible "work" schedule with rehearsal and air time, she'd be in California, etc.

• Love 1

I hope Sherri lands on her feet.  Bitsy did and that annoys me but at least I don't have to watch her.

Also, I hope Sal get kicked to the curb with only his prenup $60K. But I do hope Sherri has learned her lesson and realizes she doesn't need a husband.

She needs to resolve things with x-Jeff and they both need to support Jeffrey.

• Love 7

Also, I hope Sal get kicked to the curb with only his prenup $60K. But I do hope Sherri has learned her lesson and realizes she doesn't need a husband.

If Sal gets more than $60,000, with the benefit of hindsight from her divorce from Jeffrey Sr., and advice from Whoopi and Barbara on her prenup, then Sherri is indeed a dumbass and deserves everything she gets.

• Love 1
I hope Sherri lands on her feet.

Didn't she brag that she already has something/things lined up?  She has been really working the gospel circuit lately, so maybe that will be her next seven-year plan.

Considering Sherri knew she was making this wonderful announcement today, would it have been too much trouble to wear something half way decent? There's clips in various places, and there she sits, looking awful, imo of course.

• Love 5