Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

If the story is true and Jenny is on her way out then I'm going to believe that Sherri has some sort of leverage with ABC or something.

It wouldn't surprise me that ABC isn't going "to kick someone when they're down" because of her divorce and give her a reprieve.  At least Jenny knew relatively famous people before this show, can't say the same for Sherri.

• Love 1

Just so you know- the photo accompanying the story about Jenny shows Sherri wearing her eyeglasses!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/24/source-jenny-mccarthys-view-contract-likely-wont-be-renewed/

I noticed the eyeglasses too, especially since I don't watch the show but had read everyone's comments about them that day.

Also, is that a heart tattoo that Jenny has on the inside of her wrist?

55kJm09.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me that ABC isn't going "to kick someone when they're down" because of her divorce and give her a reprieve.  At least Jenny knew relatively famous people before this show, can't say the same for Sherri.

I was just thinking that. We all know how Babs plays the game not wanting viewers to think they actually fired someone. It started with Star, and she did the same thing with EH and Joy (who deserved better) . From what I've seen on her Twitter and Instagram comments, Sherri does have something of a fan base and I think Babs and Geddie wouldn't want to deal with the backlash for firing her, especially when her personal life is an absolute mess.

Still, I think that Sherri is the worst part of this show and should definitely be the one to go. The fact that she has her house listed for sale might mean she knows her contract's up. It's not like Sal contributed to the mortgage and overhead and she now has to sell with him gone. She listed the house so quickly when it really didn't need to be done so fast, especially since her son has enough change to deal with - Sal is gone, and mom will soon be introducing him to a new baby brother via surrogate. Now he has to move (back to NY?) on top of all the other changes and after he has only lived there for about a year and a half? It just seems like a hell of a lot to throw on the kid. So, maybe Sherri's only selling the house now because her contract at The View is up.

• Love 2

Would they fire both Jenny and Sherri at the same time? And bring in FOUR new co-hosts? I think TPTB must like Sherri's buffoonery because they haven't let her go all these years. So Whoopi and Sherri and someone else who has a vagina? (If you didn't watch, Whoopi said that while it was nice to have guys on the show, but she liked having someone she could talk about her vagina with. I'd prefer the guys to stay, if the alternative is Whoopi and the gals talking about their cooches.) 

They show has moved so far from even the last week of Barbara's reign - yes, Barbara was a name-dropper but those names she dropped? Were people who are known and respected. She went to the theater and to glamorous parties, where have Jenny and Donny and Sherri gone? To Blockhead concerts. 

Sheesh. 

• Love 2

After seeing some brief promos of BaWa's upcoming interview, I must say, BaWa just go away!!!

Sherri is the weak link on the show & it would take a really strong black woman, like Yvette Nicole Brown, to give some credence to this shit-show.  SHE's everything they need!!!  (Probably she wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near this crap-fest!!)  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

Ouch!  MedicineCrowe...Yvette Nicole Brown would be perfect!  She's another "Jesus person," so Sherri's Christian followers couldn't be too upset.  She seems smart, quick, and funny.  But...Sherri considers her one of her besties.

• Love 1

This is all conjecture on my part of course but I'm cynical enough to believe if Sherri had an inkling that perhaps her contract wasn't going to renewed that this whole sordid divorce and surrogate baby drama was announced to garner her sympathy and a reprieve from the unemployment line.  Honestly I would believe Sherri and Sal capable of it. 

• Love 2

This is all conjecture on my part of course but I'm cynical enough to believe if Sherri had an inkling that perhaps her contract wasn't going to renewed that this whole sordid divorce and surrogate baby drama was announced to garner her sympathy and a reprieve from the unemployment line.  Honestly I would believe Sherri and Sal capable of it.

My mind takes me to not nice places but I even thought that the whole sudden divorce thing was all staged for a reality show in the making but your theory sounds very much like how Sherri's thinking would go. "They can't fire/let me go IF my life is such a mess, my FANS will help me keep my job"

• Love 2

Reading all these comments about Sherri, one thing kept coming to mind. This show is scripted. Sherri plays a part, and she plays it well. Her part is playing the fool and a horndog woman who cant control her libido.  I think that Sherri has more radical views on issues than the part she plays. I cant really point to a specific moment, because it has been a while, but she has let her real opinion sneak out from time to time. especially about race.

My point is Sherri isnt going anywhere because she plays her scripted persona very well.

My point is Sherri isnt going anywhere because she plays her scripted persona very well.

If her scripted persona is written as an imbecile then yes she plays the part well. But I think she is for real a twit with no views on any serious issues.  Yes she has opinions on racial issues and we all know her religious beliefs but as far as anything else I don't think Sherri cares.  IMO Sherri cares about what's going on in Sherriland and that's all.  If you were to mention genocide and Darfur to her I guarantee she would just smile and have a vacant look in her eyes.

I remember when she first started on the view and it was the 2008 presidential election and she was talking about voting and she said in the past she always voted for whoever her husband told her to vote for.  I have never forgotten that.  So I don't think she is just playing a part.  I 100% believe she is an idiot.  And the sad thing is she is rewarded for it.

• Love 4

It's so funny because I think Sherri is actually a decent actress.  Never saw Less than Perfect but I thought she was good in Precious in a small role and was a hoot as Angie on 30 Rock.  It's her "real life persona" on this show that drives me up the wall. If was playing her Angie role here I think I would be able to tolerate it! 

• Love 2

Just saw Sherri "introduce" New Edition. That was over the top ridiculous. If someone dresses Sherri and she is not responsible for her own clothing choices then that someone hates her. Shiny leather (or pleather) is not her friend. She literally looked like she had a tire around her waist. The Madonna circa 1991 hairstyle is not as bad as the ball on the head she often sports, but it is not great. Some people don't have the face for the pulled back hair. Sherri has a pretty face, but softer curls around her face are more flattering. I would like to see her pick a flattering wig and stick with it for a little while. I really don't understand the different hairstyle every day frame of mind that she has. This show gets worse every day. I finally took this mess off my recording list apparently. I went in the living room about halfway through the show to watch it because I usually have it recorded. It was then that I realized that it was no longer recording. Then I suddenly remembered taking it off my list Saturday night after a few glasses of wine. I consider that solid proof that I often make better decisions late at night after drinking than I do at 10:00am weekdays.

• Love 6

I would like to see her pick a flattering wig and stick with it for a little while. I really don't understand the different hairstyle every day frame of mind that she has.

She wears a different wig every day because she is promoting her product...... she has a wig company and being on The View she understands promoting her brand......How many segments per week are actually an advertisement..... and so many of their "guests" are ABC employees

• Love 1

I consider that solid proof that I often make better decisions late at night after drinking than I do at 10:00am weekdays.

That made me laugh, GiveMeSpace.  Had that same feeling myself - lol.

I just watched the end with Sherri's intro and then her talking to them after.  Yeah, Bill, they do need protection from Sherri - but all in all, for Sherri, I guess that was subdued - hee.  Can y'all imagine how she'd have been with them or Rick Fox if she weren't playing this new role?  She only touched Rick a few times.

God knows Sherri's uterus had to be pulsating, but fortunately we didn't have to hear how horney she was - pee-yew.  So ridiculous for a 47 year old. 

• Love 3

I don't have any sympathy for Sherri.  If anyone looks at her as fool then it's because she has acted like a fool.  Whether she is playing the role of a moron or she is truly a moron doesn't matter to me.  The fact remains that she is willfully ignorant.  She is happy to only know what she already knows. She has no desire to educate herself about anything.  She has become a very obnoxious unlikable person IMO.

• Love 7
So, Ms. Zumba/Dance Queen comes hustling out & stands up at the table to dance some more & she was winded after less than ONE friggin minute.  She's full of it in every way, shape & form.

You took them words right outta mah mout' (brought to you today by The Language of Sherri), Medicine Crow.   Everything she said was in her "low life" (or whatever it is) accent.  She's acting crazy again when she struts out to the table/desk...and then she can't help but dance-dance-dance!  Posters speculated weeks ago that she must not have renewed her pay-for-play with Zumba because she wasn't Tweeting about it.  Today's exertion proves it.  

She'd better wear those too-tight outfits while she can--I don't think they'll fit much longer.  Does pleather stretch?

• Love 2

so Jenny pretended she was hearing something in her ear and that it was Fox news reporting the good looking guy who got arrested for gun possession and is all  over the internet is the new co host next week . I think it is strange that she made a big deal of the fact her son finally moved to New York and she would not know her contract is being renewed?  

Hope it is Sherri and I can barely sit through her mugging,d face making , squirming in her chair and her screaming.

• Love 4
(edited)

You took them words right outta mah mout' (brought to you today by The Language of Sherri), Medicine Crow.   Everything she said was in her "low life" (or whatever it is) accent

You know what IS "so funny"?   That Sherri went to Hoffman Estates High School in Illinois -  A mostly white suburban school.  NOT south side of chicago -   chicago northwest mid-to-upper mid income suburb.   When she puts on her "accent" it is fake. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3

You know what IS "so funny"?   That Sherri went to Hoffman Estates High School in Illinois -  A mostly white suburban school.  NOT south side of chicago -   chicago northwest mid-to-upper mid income suburb.   When she puts on her "accent" it is fake.

Just like Kanye West. Both posing.

• Love 3

How dare Sherri make a crack about Russell Brands looks, that's all

If I was Sherri I wouldn't be making cracks about any man's looks.  I mean after all she thought Sal was attractive.  And Russell Brand was appealing enough for Kati Perry to have married him so.....

• Love 1

Just started watching today's show. All can say is I feel very sorry for Jeffrey.

What was the Jeffrey story today? (and are we sure it wasn't fabricated just to introduce today's Hot Topics?)

According  to Sherri, Jeffrey started summer camp today. He's attending a mainstream camp instead of a special needs camp this year, at the advice of his therapist. This fact apparently stressed Jeffrey regarding bullying. So of course Sherri carried on about how nobody better bully him, etc.. I'm sure someone else can describe it much better. She was being Sherri and carrying on.

I don't pretend to know Jeffrey, obviously. I feel if this camp story is true, that it's quite a leap for Jeffrey to attend. He has so much going on right now that another big change added in his life seems wrong. 

• Love 1

OMG, Ginger, that was the first thing that hopped to my mind.  That poor kid stuck with HER for a Mother!!!

I don't think it's Russel's looks that are appealing.  I'm thinking how smart he is & other attributes.  LOL.

• Love 2

I dont think Sherri was cracking on Russel Brand's looks.... but she was criticizing the picture they chose to put up of him.... it was an unflattering picture..... but his stance on Judge Pirro being a terrorist and propagandist was spot on.... he had a lot more to say.... maybe he should be a The View guest host

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/25/russell-brand-fox-news-is-fanatical-terrorist-propagandist-and-more-dangerous-than-isis/

• Love 1

Russell would run circles around them as a co-host. He has a couple times as a guest. If you're interested in seeing how it would probably go, check out the video of him on MSNBC. Very easy to find on YouTube. I hope Jeffrey does well at summer camp. 

• Love 2

To add to ginger90 Sherri story, Jeffery asked if bullies were going to be at camp. Sherri said she went into protective mode. She was going after their momma, their auntie, etc. All the while flailing her arms around. At one point she said this shouldn't happen until he was 29 (More Sherri hyperbole). Will asked her if she was always going to fight Jeffrey's battles. She was just ridiculous over the top Sherri, as usual.

It was nice to see Whoopi put Will in his place over the Brand-Pirro thing. He has that goofy smile when he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• Love 1

Sherri called Russell creepy one time after he was a guest.  Which was very poor taste I think.  It was one time when she was bragging about her chastity/ born again virgin state, and he moved in on her and implied he could help her with it. So he's a creep but she can paw on every male guest and tell us about her quivering uterus every chance she can.  I find Russell sexy as Hell as I admire smart and funny and seems he like a good soul, something Sherri is NOT. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Well, at least  Jeffrey wont have to be humiliated by his mother talking about him and acting like an ass on national TV every day.

Edit: I shouldn't say "acting like an ass". It's more like "being an ass."

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 4
(edited)

Buh bye, see ya, don't let the door hit ya where God split ya.

My next prayer?  The View gets TOTALLY cancelled & some other show replaces it with smart, intelligent, worldly women (similar to those on The Social -- a Canadian talk show).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

Yep, a very bad year for Sherri. Seems pretty much self-inflicted on so many fronts....not listening to complaints about her behavior on the show, never being home with Jeffrey. Just today she was screeching and waving her arms around about how she would react to a bully's mama and aunties if Jeffrey were bullied. Pure fodder for Jeffrey Sr's custody lawsuit coming up.

She should have fired her manager, agent, PR person long ago for allowing her antics for so long....and read what the "haters" were trying to tell her rather than bask in the glory her fans gave her.

• Love 4

I was out all afternoon and tonight so I missed the news when it first came out. I had hoped it would be Sherri going but honestly didn't want Jenny to follow. Personally I would have been open to giving Jenny a chance to do a 2nd season Sheri free to see if she got better or changed. Maybe this job wasn't what Jenny thought it would be either.

• Love 5
She should have fired her manager, agent, PR person long ago for allowing her antics for so long....and read what the "haters" were trying to tell her rather than bask in the glory her fans gave her.

Maggiemae, the staff you mentioned probably committed group-suicide the moment she said, "Do I? Do I? I sure DO!" to Sal on their wedding day.

It was nice to see Whoopi put Will in his place over the Brand-Pirro thing. He has that goofy smile when he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Dissy, I thought the look on his face was condescension...that any woman would attempt to disagree with his WORD.  If he were closer, he would have patted her on the head, "There, there, Little Lady."

Regarding Jeffrey at camp.  Is this day camp, where Sherri picks him up at the end of each day...or sleep-away camp.  Something completely different.

I didn't hear any discussion when talking about bullies that the bullies are usually bigger and older than those they pick on--some higher "status."  It's rarely possible to bully them back, hit them...or use that ever-present humor (in Sherri's case...hilarious humor) to get out of a jam.   I wasn't usually a bullying victim, but when I was a 79-pound freshman, I was thrown (literally and hard) into the boys' bathroom by a senior boy--a big football player.  I landed--SPLAT--on the floor. There was nothing to do but pick myself up off the floor and skulk out in reddened embarrassment.   Times like that I probably cursed my parents that I didn't have brothers--and cursed my father for dumping us. I didn't even bring it up to the bully when he was in my line needing help to file for unemployment insurance a short ten years later.  If he had recognized me, I might have.

• Love 4

I think Sherri has known for awhile (may be the reason for marital issues- staged or real)

The episode with Clinton Kelly, The travels with Sal to LA to find a new opportunity

Home on the market...

• Love 4
(edited)

Here's a quote from that ET Online article cited above:

"Rumors have surfaced that ABC wasn't seeing eye-to-eye with Shepherd's camp in terms of her new contract, which was coming up, but a source from ABC assures ET that Shepherd "wasn't fired."

They never are FIRED, are they?

Maybe Sherri received the news only recently...and that would explain her recent over-the-top "personality" the past couple of weeks--and the lack of Twenty Tweets per Hour.  

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I scrolled through tweets and she was posting interesting things at the end of March:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  Mar 26
have left the building ... I'm just saying :O) #whatsyourview

never know if you may have to go back that way again... you always want to have people saying good things about you after you #whatsyourview

I believe kindness is important and not burning bridges... it seems tempting to 'cuss' our boss out when we leave, but you #whatsyourview
  • Love 1