Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Atlanta Twirls On

• Start Topic

I got the idea that Apollo is still trying to be relevant and that's just sad and pathetic.

It also occurred to me that the Nidas are using Apollo's situation as a storyline for the show.

What's worse is that Bravo is allowing it to happen. I don't want to hear any more about Apollo Nida. He's a convicted felon, a thief, and he has no place on my TV.

• Love 9

I really enjoyed the final scenes where all of the girls were watching Kenya's showing and laughing happily together.  For once, I'm kind of bummed that a reunion is coming up where they might all be at each other's throats again.  I really hope they just focus their anger on Nene and all remain friends.  It was great that they were just having fun, a rare light moment for a heavy season.

Kandi has zero respect for her husband.  She put him through the entire pre-nup drama, putting him on notice that if he intends on having any money should they break up, he will have to continue working.  So when he actually tries to make something happen (in LA), she and her daughter resist.  Good on her for agreeing to go.  Mama Joyce's apology - I can't.  If Kandi was a supportive spouse, she should have said "That was not an apology.  You just shaded Todd's dead mother again by implying that the entire town says she's a whore.  If you can't apologize, then say nothing."  It doesn't have to be a huge fight but that was awful and I felt so bad for Todd.  I also didn't appreciate Mama Joyce thanking Kandi exclusively for the house.  Kandi has a husband now, he purportedly works, and she should have thanked them both (even if the bulk of the money comes from Kandi).

• Love 6

That's the opposite of what everyone says whom Fakedra has seek advice from - including professionals like the child psychologist who tells her the kids only want to see their father and are too young to know it's a prison.  He also stressed that it will eventually have negative impact on them if she denies them from having a relationship with their father.

Her kids also aren't old enough to make their own decision to appear on television, yet Fakedra throws them in the middle of this fire storm - because she is such fame hungry, egomaniac stage mother.

I never said all of her decisions were sound and correct.  Just that I agreed with this one.  The kids are young and may not understand where they are and what is happening and after all she's had to deal with concerning Apollo's crap, give her 10 minutes to breath and think about it some.  He's there for 8 years, just because she hasn't taken them or allowed them to be taken the first month doesn't mean she won't ever.  And I call bullshit on them not knowing it's a prison.  Kids are much more observant than adults think they are.

And my original point is......Apollo is not the victim here.  Had he thought about what he was doing, maybe he wouldn't be in this predicament.  Maybe if he took a little responsibility Phaedra wouldn't be so rigid about not letting the boys there or around him, especially if he was violent with them around before.  I don't care if people think he's not gonna start some shit in a prison visiting room, from where I sit,  you NEVER KNOW with people like him.  She's right to keep them away until she's comfortable.  If Apollo had worried about his visitation with them while he was bilking other people out of money....again.....he wouldn't need to worry about her having the upper hand in whether or not he sees his kids.  He made the decision here...he has to live with it.  Phaedra is not the bad guy by keeping her children away.

• Love 12

I'm having such a difficult time with deciding who is the most delusional about the viewing public giving a rat's tookus about a Peter/Apollo phone call.

I'm leaning towards BRAVO since neither Peter or Apollo have the sense god gave a goose.

• Love 13

I never said all of her decisions were sound and correct.  Just that I agreed with this one.  The kids are young and may not understand where they are and what is happening and after all she's had to deal with concerning Apollo's crap, give her 10 minutes to breath and think about it some.  He's there for 8 years, just because she hasn't taken them or allowed them to be taken the first month doesn't mean she won't ever.  And I call bullshit on them not knowing it's a prison.  Kids are much more observant than adults think they are.

And my original point is......Apollo is not the victim here.  Had he thought about what he was doing, maybe he wouldn't be in this predicament.  Maybe if he took a little responsibility Phaedra wouldn't be so rigid about not letting the boys there or around him, especially if he was violent with them around before.  I don't care if people think he's not gonna start some shit in a prison visiting room, from where I sit,  you NEVER KNOW with people like him.  She's right to keep them away until she's comfortable.  If Apollo had worried about his visitation with them while he was bilking other people out of money....again.....he wouldn't need to worry about her having the upper hand in whether or not he sees his kids.  He made the decision here...he has to live with it.  Phaedra is not the bad guy by keeping her children away.

Apollo is not the victim.  The kids are - they should not be punished for what's happened.  What's done is done.  The past cannot be changed.  There is no proof he has ever been violent towards his children - that's Phaedra trying to trash Apollo.  If she doesn't want to take the children herself, why not have their Uncle (Apollo's brother ) take them, or his friend Bun. 

Kandi has zero respect for her husband.  She put him through the entire pre-nup drama, putting him on notice that if he intends on having any money should they break up, he will have to continue working.  So when he actually tries to make something happen (in LA), she and her daughter resist.  Good on her for agreeing to go.  Mama Joyce's apology - I can't.  If Kandi was a supportive spouse, she should have said "That was not an apology.  You just shaded Todd's dead mother again by implying that the entire town says she's a whore.  If you can't apologize, then say nothing."  It doesn't have to be a huge fight but that was awful and I felt so bad for Todd.  I also didn't appreciate Mama Joyce thanking Kandi exclusively for the house.  Kandi has a husband now, he purportedly works, and she should have thanked them both (even if the bulk of the money comes from Kandi).

Umm, I'm pretty sure that Kandi paid entirely for that house. No way is Todd, who at the time still had his own mother and his daughter to care for, going to contribute one dime to buying a mansion for someone who acts like such a bitch toward him. Plus, at the dinner, he looked like that was the first time he'd been in the house.

• Love 3

Apollo is not the victim.  The kids are - they should not be punished for what's happened.  What's done is done.  The past cannot be changed.  There is no proof he has ever been violent towards his children - that's Phaedra trying to trash Apollo.  If she doesn't want to take the children herself, why not have their Uncle (Apollo's brother ) take them, or his friend Bun. 

[snip] They will be in a prison regardless of who takes them or when.  Period.

And Phaedra doesn't need to do anything to trash Apollo.  He's done that all on his own.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I've said my peace.

Edited by Stinger97
You may not have intended to be rude, but it came off as such. Snipped the language.
  • Love 4

Well, we finally found the one career that Phaedra is not suited for: Baker!

But I did think it was very cute that she tried to make snowmen with the boys. They are both beyond precious. Pretty 'Pollo should have thought long and hard about the importance of being a father, and the importance of being the main role model for sons, before he did what he did. But then, Phaedra should have thought more about marrying someone like him. 

I believe that Phaedra will do everything she can for those boys, and they will be more than fine. Sometimes, one parent is better than two.

• Love 12

Umm, I'm pretty sure that Kandi paid entirely for that house. No way is Todd, who at the time still had his own mother and his daughter to care for, going to contribute one dime to buying a mansion for someone who acts like such a bitch toward him. Plus, at the dinner, he looked like that was the first time he'd been in the house.

That's not my point - I know the money is Kandi's.  So does Kandi and Mama Joyce, which is why they constantly throw it in Todd's face.  By making that point so loudly and exclusively, it felt shady to me.  Kandi and Todd are supposed to be equals and what's mine is yours - if she wants to buy her mom a house, he should have input, and Mama Joyce should thank them both.

Your mileage may vary but I feel it's the respectful thing to do to include your daughter's spouse in thanking for that gift.  Otherwise it's just more 'us against Todd' crap.  Mama Joyce is the worst.

• Love 13

Kandi and Todd are supposed to be equals and what's mine is yours - if she wants to buy her mom a house, he should have input, and Mama Joyce should thank them both.

I think Joyce was correct to thank Kandi and Kandi alone for the house because Kandi has never said "WE bought my momma a house," she said "*I* bought my momma a house."  Kandi lets everyone including Todd know it's HER money and HER coins and she does not treat her husband as an equal so Joyce would be very silly to thank Kandi AND Todd for a house that everybody knows (/phaedra) Kandi alone bought for Joyce.

Really, 99% of the Todd/Joyce tension would've been shut down if Kandi had any respect for her husband.

• Love 7

You'd think prisons would have face time or something activated so that parents could read a story to their small children once a week, and stay in scheduled communication with them on a regular basis without needing to drag them into the building, especially in federal prison, where people often serve time a good distance from home.  It wouldn't cost that much and I'm sure would go a long way to maintaining ties with family members who can't make the trip.  

Quick - somebody tell Claudia that she's gorgeous, but posing with her eyes lifted to heaven throws the beauty of her face completely off kilter.  When she stares at the camera directly she's beautiful -- when she looks up suddenly her nose looks odd.  It's peculiar.  She kept doing it in the photo booth, like she didn't realize she looked better in candid shots than the ones she was "posing" for.  

• Love 1

I'm having such a difficult time with deciding who is the most delusional about the viewing public giving a rat's tookus about a Peter/Apollo phone call.

I'm leaning towards BRAVO since neither Peter or Apollo have the sense god gave a goose.

Yeah, the whole idea of that scene reeks of a writer thinking that we'd need some kind of closure to the whole Apollo drama.  Same with the Nene BS last week, imho.  That's why I'm choosing to pretend this season wrapped in Manila with a tearful hug, a toast, and a group photo.

• Love 1

Ok I can't with all this prison stuff. Now correct me if I'm wrong (no seriously cause maybe I'm somewhat confused) but don't white collar criminals and well know folks ("celebrities") for the most part go to Federal prison? And maybe this is stuff from the past but aren't these facilities different from the mainstream prisons which to be honest I don't find completely horrendous either but for the sake of my point I've always heard Federal prisons referred to as Club Fed because of how well off the accomodations are compared to regular prisons so why all the dramatics about murderers, doom and gloom and the such? Of course the concept behind being in prison is obviously negative but as for visible reinforcements of that unfortunate reality I'm thinking a Federal Prison isn't really oozing that sort of menacing environment.  I mean I'm really asking because if the likes of Teresa Guidice, Martha Stewart and Paris Hilton (or was it Nicole Ritchie) able to stomach these facilities for however long they were there I'm not understanding lumping this sort of prison as the same as the one's that hold those of non white collar crimes.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the final scenes where all of the girls were watching Kenya's showing and laughing happily together.  For once, I'm kind of bummed that a reunion is coming up where they might all be at each other's throats again.  I really hope they just focus their anger on Nene and all remain friends.  It was great that they were just having fun, a rare light moment for a heavy season.

Oh heck no! When Todd pulls his own weight, he can expect to be thanked.

Until then, I agree with Miss Joyce(even though she is cray-cray), he doesn't bring much to the table.

Kandi does not know how to be married however they look in love.

I am glad she stayed in Atlanta, nobody needs uproot for a husband of two months.

Her life is in Atlanta and they can afford to travel back and forth.

As far as talking about Todd's parents, she is a fool.

So what else is new?

"IF I said or did anything to offend you....." 

Let us see

You called the man's mom a prostitute and his dead father a pimp like it was a damn fact

Accused him of sleeping with your daughter's best friend and assistant

Called him a golddigger, searching for a come up

Tried to set up him 

Been continuously rude to him

Acted a fool at his wedding

Ruined all the wedding pics by failing to smile

Clowned his original engagement ring - that Kandi requested

Called him broke and big headed

Made his daughter cry

Called him cheap.. oops thrifty

And this is just for openers. So no Joyce, there are no ifs about it. You have offended him.

But no lies were told!
  • Love 1

I think Joyce was correct to thank Kandi and Kandi alone for the house because Kandi has never said "WE bought my momma a house," she said "*I* bought my momma a house."  Kandi lets everyone including Todd know it's HER money and HER coins and she does not treat her husband as an equal so Joyce would be very silly to thank Kandi AND Todd for a house that everybody knows (/phaedra) Kandi alone bought for Joyce.

Really, 99% of the Todd/Joyce tension would've been shut down if Kandi had any respect for her husband.

Exactly right. And if she'd included Todd the thank-you would have been as fake as that apology. Also, if i recall correctly, Todd disagreed with Kandi's decision to buy the house and felt it was rewarding bad behavior.

• Love 1

Exactly right. And if she'd included Todd the thank-you would have been as fake as that apology. Also, if i recall correctly, Todd disagreed with Kandi's decision to buy the house and felt it was rewarding bad behavior.

None of his business, IMO.

Loved the fun pics of everyone at the end!

Let's have more good times next season, Bravo - and I've had enough of Apollo and Nene, who are no longer part of the group but still crave air time.

• Love 2

I can see why Phaedra made the decision not to have her children visit Apollo at this time. I personally think they are too young and that the visits should occur at a later point when they've been spoken to more about where daddy is. I would not bring a 1 year old and a 3/4 year old to a prison for a visit.  I personally have visited a couple of people in prison and it was a very depressing experience each time. My visits were often very brief per my preference. I couldn't imagine bringing a child with me for the experience.

That Apollo call was definitely pre-planned...Apollo wanted to make sure he got a dig in and Peter was happy to give him that opportunity. I find it really funny that he called just as Peter and Cynthia were on camera.

That's not my point - I know the money is Kandi's.  So does Kandi and Mama Joyce, which is why they constantly throw it in Todd's face.  By making that point so loudly and exclusively, it felt shady to me.  Kandi and Todd are supposed to be equals and what's mine is yours - if she wants to buy her mom a house, he should have input, and Mama Joyce should thank them both.

Your mileage may vary but I feel it's the respectful thing to do to include your daughter's spouse in thanking for that gift.  Otherwise it's just more 'us against Todd' crap.  Mama Joyce is the worst.

I agree with you. Mama Joyce just enjoys making things difficult. I've gifted my mother with things and in her thanks, she always includes my husband even though she knows he had nothing to do with the purchase of the gift.

• Love 2

I don't think Mama Joyce owed Todd a thank you because I doubt he contributed anything toward the house. However, I will say he better take a good look at Joyce because that's Kandi in 20 years. The way Kandi rolls her eyes, dismisses Todd and basically laughs in his face when he asks anything of her, run Todd! You might as get out now. Apollo didn't sound very juvial in his new residence.

• Love 8

Atlanta used to be one of my favorites...but I cannot take the fake, contrived storylines anymore. Especially once Kandi has a Ski Trip show? what in the heck? Ski Trip? ugh. I actually miss Kim and Sheree lol...and that says a lot!

I couldn't help but notice MJ and the coven were in the promo for thar show last night.

Why was Cynthia so upset about taking down the huge photo of her down from the wall at the former Bar One? It appeared to be on a canvas that could easily be folded up in storage and rehung at the new location.

"IF I said or did anything to offend you....." 

Let us see

You called the man's mom a prostitute and his dead father a pimp like it was a damn fact

Accused him of sleeping with your daughter's best friend and assistant

Called him a golddigger, searching for a come up

Tried to set up him 

Been continuously rude to him

Acted a fool at his wedding

Ruined all the wedding pics by failing to smile

Clowned his original engagement ring - that Kandi requested

Called him broke and big headed

Made his daughter cry

Called him cheap.. oops thrifty

And this is just for openers. So no Joyce, there are no ifs about it. You have offended him. 

When did Mama Joyce make Tom Tucker's daughter cry? Was this on another show?

I couldn't help but notice MJ and the coven were in the promo for thar show last night.

Why was Cynthia so upset about taking down the huge photo of her down from the wall at the former Bar One? It appeared to be on a canvas that could easily be folded up in storage and rehung at the new location.

When did Mama Joyce make Tom Tucker's daughter cry? Was this on another show?

It was the wedding special where Joyce made a point in letting Kandi know in front of his daughter that Riley is the only kid who count in her mind and also made a point in dismissing her altogether which had the girl in tears.  Then Joyce tried to backpeddle, when Riley called her out, saying she did nothing to hurt the girl.

• Love 1

It was the wedding special where Joyce made a point in letting Kandi know in front of his daughter that Riley is the only kid who count in her mind and also made a point in dismissing her altogether which had the girl in tears.  Then Joyce tried to backpeddle, when Riley called her out, saying she did nothing to hurt the girl.

She just met the child, what do they expect?

While Joyce is too much, in time she might accept and even love Todd's daughter but let's not forget Kandy's track record.

She takes care of everybody.(including some of her ex dead fiancé children)

We all know that Miss Joyce still demands attention for Riley and more importantly, herself.

While Joyce is too much, in time she might accept and even love Todd's daughter but let's not forget Kandy's track record.

She takes care of everybody.(including some of her ex dead fiancé children)

We all know that Miss Joyce still demands attention for Riley and more importantly, herself.

To not be a raging bitch? Too much?

This idea that shitty people can't just shut the fuck up and keep their shitty ideas to themselves is amazing. And terrible.

• Love 23

If that's how MJ felt, then cool.  But she is old enough to know better than to say that in front of a child.  She knew it was wrong, she just didn't give 2 shits.  

I definitely blocked out a few minutes of this show last night, cause I don't remember them taking Cynthia's pic down off the wall or Joyce's apology!  I must have had one of those quick naps where you don't realize you actual took a nap.  

• Love 1

Kenya's show looks stupid.

Cynthia is going to get a rude awakening one day when she wakes up and has no money while Peter is sitting on the end of the bed blathering on about how whatever he bought was a sure thing.  Can't come quick enough for that bitch.

I'm with Todd...Mama Joyce's apology was not sincere.  Methinks someone's been googling themselves and sees what an asshole they look like on TV.  While I give her credit for apologizing, it wasn't sincere.  He's right to be weary.

I'm not against Phaedra's decision not to let the boys go to a prison to see their father.  As stupid as her bathroom excuses were, I can't say I'd allow it either.  And Apollo can have a seat with all his whining about it.  Dude, you're in prison......your fault.  Deal with it.

Kenya's show was so bad, it won't even go straight to DVD, I mean even Sharnado was on TV.

When Peter steals all of Cynthia's money, he'll probably move on to a new sugar mama and be like, "Cynthia who?"

I think Nene should become a "friend of."  She's clearly over that show; I wish I'd seen her on Broadway though, it probably would have been a laugh.

I think Phaedra has to realize that Apollo is the father of her children; those children deserve to see him, it's not about her, it's about them.  

I think Claudia thinks she's prettier than she really is.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

If that's how MJ felt, then cool.  But she is old enough to know better than to say that in front of a child.  She knew it was wrong, she just didn't give 2 shits.  

I definitely blocked oxut a few minutes of this show last night, cause I don't remember them taking Cynthia's pic down off the wall or Joyce's apology!  I must have had one of those quick naps where you don't realize you actual took a nap.

Joyce is abrasive with her own daughter and I suspect her own granddaughter.

The child should take comfort in that, IMO.

It is also weird that she would move with Kandi just to work in Kandi's store, there are plenty of stores in NYC.

Kenya's show was so bad, it won't even go straight to DVD, I mean even Sharnado was on TV.

When Peter steals all of Cynthia's money, he'll probably move on to a new sugar mama and be like, "Cynthia who?"

I think Nene should become a "friend of."  She's clearly over that show; I wish I'd seen her on Broadway though, it probably would have been a laugh.

I think Phaedra has to realize that Apollo is the father of her children; those children deserve to see him, it's not about her, it's about them.  

I think Claudia thinks she's prettier than she really is.

Phaedra is no longer divorcing so I guess she will bring the kids when she gets around it.

I agree with her that it is not a place for kids.

I honestly do not believe she chose to be the wife of a criminal.  She was hoping he had left that life behind.  Plus she is the one with the money and ties, not him. And yeah, she is indeed a victim.  Yes, she fell in love with the wrong man.  but it is never fair to say because she married this man that she deserved to be mistreated and belittled or have to make such tough decisions because her husband chose to continue being a criminal.

I don't think anyone's suggesting Phaedra deserves to be belittled or mistreated, and it's debatable whether she has been. And regardless of whether or not she hoped he left his criminal life behind, he did not, and she knew it. And yet she continued to build a family and a life with this man. Not only that, but similar to the Giudices, she took a risk and displayed this life on TV. Also similar to the Giudices, they got caught, and the jig is up. And lastly similar to Teresa, they're still saying they're innocent. No one bought it with Teresa, and I'm not buying it with Phaedra.

• Love 5

She doesn't need one.  It's a prison.  

He can be their father when he's out.

As it stands, prison is not a place for children and they aren't old enough to make the decision on their own.  Phaedra is within her rights to make it for them.  If Apollo wanted to continue being their father he should've thought about that before he did some shady shit that landed him in prison for 8 years and embarrassed his family.

Sorry.  No sympathy for him.

I'm with you.  She knew damn well who she was marrying, probably wanted some lighter skinned kids, pathetic, because with his record he sure as hell wasn't a catch  IMO. And no way do I buy that he had some great personality, please, he's a jerk.

That being said, there is no way in hell that I would take my sons to a prison, no way, especially not my African-American sons. I don't care what anyone says it teaches them that, that shit is normal. I'd let them talk to him by phone or  he better write a damn letter. Although he probably can't spell much less write a sentence and he wouldn't want to humiliate himself in the eyes of that brilliant son of his. But it wouldn't matter to his son, he'd cherish the letters and at least know that his dad did not forget about him despite the horrid choices he made that landed him in jail.

Selfish ass Apollo, he should not want his boys exposed to prison under any circumstance. There are no perfect parents but wanting better for your kids is always a mandatory characteristic of one IMO.

And I can't stand Peter nor Todd when they give their dumbass opinions on what Phaedra should do regarding her sons, all in support for their "dear friend" Apollo (eye roll). Mind your damn business.

I wish the ground would open up and swallow Peter, he's such a fucking ass, always has to be the center of attention. I could not believe what he said to those boys at Phaedra's event. Motherfucker can't speak, I think I know what he was trying to say, operative word being "trying". But that's the problem, public speaking let  alone, inspirational speaking is not his gift which is why he wasn't on the  official list of speakers.  Who in the hell gave him that mike? I just want to slap him upside that balled shining head of his, although the skin on his head and face are absolutely beautiful, that's the only plus for him.

Edited by represent
  • Love 7

Prison isn't a good place for children, but Apollo is the father of Phaedra's children.  Sometimes I think Phaedra wanted a husband and children but never really through it all the way through.  She should have just gone to a sperm bank.

I'm with you.  She knew damn well who she was marrying, probably wanted some lighter skinned kids because with his record he sure as hell wasn't a catch  IMO. And no way do I buy that he had some great personality, please, he's a jerk.

See I agree with this.  I have always felt she married Apollo because she thought he was good looking and figured the children had a chance to come out attractive.  Now she probably feels, "well Apollo served his purpose."  No Phaedra, as I said before, if that's all she wanted, she should have gone to a sperm bank.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I do think Phaedra will eventually bring the boys to their father. But right now? It's probably too fresh of a situation, she doesn't want to, and that's okay. That's her decision to make. If Apollo cared so much about seeing his children regularly, he would have stayed his ass out of trouble. He chose not to and the consequence of that is that he doesn't see his children when he wants. That's life.

Mama Joyce's behavor and comments to Todd's daughter were completely out of order. It doesn't matter that she just met the young woman. You can't speak to people, especially an innocent young woman who has nothing to do with anything, in that manner. I have a former friend who I cannot stand the sight of, but when I see her daughter (she's about 15/16), I am nothing but respectful to her. There's no reason why Mama Joyce can't be the same with Todd's daughter. You don't have to treat her like you treat Riley, but don't be petty and mean.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

I wasn't feeling how Kandi was all kinds of crossed eyed at the concept of spending time in LA with Todd while HE tried to build something for himself.. ahem... errrr.. the family. I mean damn! You done made sure that [snip] wasn't expecting to get ANYTHING if ya'll split so let him make some coin for himself to fall back on when you whip out that prenup right quick and it will probably be in triplicate with Mama Joyce and Riley pulling out copies of their own for good measure.

All I heard was Kandi wants this, ain't feeling that so ummmm what did you expect Todd to do? She knows what it takes to get the job down in the business.. oh wait, that's right.. but seriously she does know it takes extreme amount of time and dedication to be successful so hello.... And I loved how Todd called her out when she was using those bullshit excuses about having a 12 old and not being able to be gone for months at a time by saying if it was a movie SHE was doing she'd be ok with it. Kandi acts like she wouldn't be able to figure something out. I get not wanting to leave your child for that long but it's not like she can't make arrangements for Riley to spend time with family and it's not like Kandi can't travel back and forth more frequently than Todd would be able to. I know that in the end she said she would be entertaining the idea but at the same time she still doesn't seem too dedicated to the concept and me thinks that the minute she's over it she will be right back in Atlanta with all kinds of expectations for Todd to figure out a way.

To me it's written all over her face that the idea of following your man or being "TOO" supportive of a wife rubs Kandi the wrong way like if she does too much of what seems "expectant" of a wife then she's automatically morphed into Anna Mae... Chiiiilllleeeee, Please with that bullshit!

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 3

I do think Phaedra will eventually bring the boys to their father. But right now? It's probably too fresh of a situation, she doesn't want to, and that's okay. That's her decision to make. If Apollo cared so much about seeing his children regularly, he would have stayed his ass out of trouble. He chose not to and the consequence of that is that he doesn't see his children when he wants. That's life.

Mama Joyce's behavor and comments to Todd's daughter were completely out of order. It doesn't matter that she just met the young woman. You can't speak to people, especially an innocent young woman who has nothing to do with anything, in that manner. I have a former friend who I cannot stand the sight of, but when I see her daughter (she's about 15/16), I am nothing but respectful to her. There's no reason why Mama Joyce can't be the same with Todd's daughter. You don't have to treat her like you treat Riley, but don't be petty and mean.

That is just who Joyce is though.

Why should they? Porsha doesn't appear to care that her sensuality is more in your face than societal norms allow. She likes the way she looks, she's happy, she's getting what she wants out of life, and if that makes her a thot then so be it. Men will call some women thots and still clamor for their attention, so what does that really say about the person throwing that acronym around as a slur vs women who see game and flip it into a positive? 

I'm here for this, in theory, all day long.  Except that, even if someone who thinks the Underground Railroad involved an actual locomotive, was wry enough to use this to her droll advantage, it isn't a positive.  At best, ho is an insult disguised as a joke.  At worst it's an unfortunately familiar derogatory and inflammatory attempt to shame a woman.  And I only refer to women here because calling a man a whore/ho has zero impact whatsoever.   I don't know whether I love that or hate it but either way, I agree with the poster who said Porsha is not the person intelligent enough to make this ironic.  Kenya maybe, but we all already know how she feels about it being used in reference to herself.  Rightly so.

"I'm sorry if I offended you" is the second worst non-apology on the planet, the first being "I'm sorry you took things the wrong way".

I understand why Phaedra resents taking her kids on prison visits but honestly it's not the ordeal she's making it out to be. Tons of inmates have kids. I've visited a family member in jail (pro-tip: shouting "I'm selling weed" at lollapalooza is a terrible idea) and it's like a daycare in there on weekends. There actually was a changing table in the bathroom, IIRC.

I just popped a tittie stitch.  Funniest shit ever!!

The requirement not to be an asshole to a child is based on how long you've known them?  Girl, I promise I'm not trying to shade your opinion, but if you're willing I am gonna need more clarity here.

• Love 5

That is just who Joyce is though.

And that's sad. Mama Joyce was not shit for how she dealt with Todd's daughter.

I just realized that the Phillipines trip was filmed in early Fall and Mama Tucker passed in December. I wonder if Mama Joyce has provided a more heartfelt apology since then. I know she sent a floral arrangement to the Tucker family with her condolences.

I wasn't feeling how Kandi was all kinds of crossed eyed at the concept of spending time in LA with Todd while HE tried to build something for himself.. ahem... errrr.. the family. I mean damn! You done made sure that nigga wasn't expecting to get ANYTHING if ya'll split so let him make some coin for himself to fall back on when you whip out that prenup right quick and it will probably be in triplicate with Mama Joyce and Riley pulling out copies of their own for good measure.

All I heard was Kandi wants this, ain't feeling that so ummmm what did you expect Todd to do? She knows what it takes to get the job down in the business.. oh wait, that's right.. but seriously she does know it takes extreme amount of time and dedication to be successful so hello.... And I loved how Todd called her out when she was using those bullshit excuses about having a 12 old and not being able to be gone for months at a time by saying if it was a movie SHE was doing she'd be ok with it. Kandi acts like she wouldn't be able to figure something out. I get not wanting to leave your child for that long but it's not like she can't make arrangements for Riley to spend time with family and it's not like Kandi can't travel back and forth more frequently than Todd would be able to. I know that in the end she said she would be entertaining the idea but at the same time she still doesn't seem too dedicated to the concept and me thinks that the minute she's over it she will be right back in Atlanta with all kinds of expectations for Todd to figure out a way.  

To me it's written all over her face that the idea of following your man or being "TOO" supportive of a wife rubs Kandi the wrong way like if she does too much of what seems "expectant" of a wife then she's automatically morphed into Anna Mae... Chiiiilllleeeee, Please with that bullshit!

Well, I hope that she is no Anna Mae, I suspect that it will be Phaedra's gig, however he can work in Atlanta and/or fly back and forth.

They just got married and they need to adjust but since she has a 12 years old, he needs to suck it up until,she is raised.

Why should the woman make all the concessions?????

His daughter is grown and most likely was raised until now by her mother.

Todd needs to have several seat, at the moment.

• Love 1

I honestly do not believe she chose to be the wife of a criminal.  She was hoping he had left that life behind.  Plus she is the one with the money and ties, not him. And yeah, she is indeed a victim.  Yes, she fell in love with the wrong man.  but it is never fair to say because she married this man that she deserved to be mistreated and belittled or have to make such tough decisions because her husband chose to continue being a criminal.

But there is also some truth to what Apollo claim - in hindsight, their marriage was more convenience sake.  She had the career, but she was getting older and it was time for her to have kids.  She wanted to keep up the façade of the proper Southern Belle.

I would be more sympathetic to Phaedra if not for the fact that she has been known to tell blatant lies.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2

I'm here for this, in theory, all day long.  Except that, even if someone who thinks the Underground Railroad involved an actual locomotive, was wry enough to use this to her droll advantage, it isn't a positive.  At best, ho is an insult disguised as a joke.  At worst it's an unfortunately familiar derogatory and inflammatory attempt to shame a woman.  And I only refer to women here because calling a man a whore/ho has zero impact whatsoever.   I don't know whether I love that or hate it but either way, I agree with the poster who said Porsha is not the person intelligent enough to make this ironic.  Kenya maybe, but we all already know how she feels about it being used in reference to herself.  Rightly so.

I just popped a tittie stitch.  Funniest shit ever!!

The requirement not to be an asshole to a child is based on how long you've known them?  Girl, I promise I'm not trying to shade your opinion, but if you're willing I am gonna need more clarity here.

It is ok. Joyce is an asshole to everyone so I don't expect her to be nicer to a stranger.

It does not make it right but she is consistent with the way she acts.

To not be a raging bitch? Too much?

This idea that shitty people can't just shut the fuck up and keep their shitty ideas to themselves is amazing. And terrible.

Well, then they would not be shitty people?

Joyce does not care for Todd and I doubt that she was too pleased with his daughter moving in, as well.

Edited by LIMOM

Why can't Kandi go visit Todd for long weekends or even during the week?  I think that is what he purposed when he told her he had to go back to LA.  Why is it all or nothing?  She has heard of air travel right?  And its not like she punches a clock for a job.

Some alone time in a different city might put that spice she keeps talking about back into their relationship.

And at the time of MJ's total bullshit apology, Todd's mom was still alive correct? 

• Love 3

Well, I hope that she is no Anna Mae, I suspect that it will be Phaedra's gig, however he can work in Atlanta and/or fly back and forth.

They just got married and they need to adjust but since she has a 12 years old, he needs to suck it up until,she is raised.

What concessions have Kandi made?

And you don't know that he can work in Atlanta, maybe the work hasn't lined up, OR maybe he makes much more in LA.  He should give that up for Riley why?  Kandi was prepared to go on tour for her play AKA Kandi was prepared to leave Riley in Atlanta while she traveled the country. If Kandi was able to do it, why wouldn't Todd?

• Love 6

We're they talking about moving to LA or just going back and forth?

I understood he wanted a move.

What concessions have Kandi made?

And you don't know that he can work in Atlanta, maybe the work hasn't lined up, OR maybe he makes much more in LA.  He should give that up for Riley why?  Kandi was prepared to go on tour for her play AKA Kandi was prepared to leave Riley in Atlanta while she traveled the country. If Kandi was able to do it, why wouldn't Todd?

Because he married her mother, that is why. Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1

Who said the woman has to make all the concessions? She's the one that's "not feeling" the long distance and yet "supports" Todd's work and acknowledges that she knew what he did for a living when she married him. To me it sounds like she's the one limiting the options because of her stubbornness and it's not concessions if she can figure out how to do it when SHE'S got work out of town but not Todd? That's where the side eye comes in. It's one thing if she really believes that her precious Riley is really going to suffer for what? 6-8 months and her future is going to be in severe jeopardy.... Puleeezze. People with less means than them make long distance relationships work. Give me a break with all Kandi, Riley and MJ angst on how could it possibly be done.

• Love 3

We're they talking about moving to LA or just going back and forth?

I understood he wanted a move.

Because he married her mother, that is why.

That's not a reason.  If Kandi can travel for work, Todd can too.

I was under the impression it was a temporary move.

• Love 2

Who said the woman has to make all the concessions? She's the one that's "not feeling" the long distance and yet "supports" Todd's work and acknowledges that she knew what he did for a living when she married him. To me it sounds like she's the one limiting the options because of her stubbornness and it's not concessions if she can figure out how to do it when SHE'S got work out of town but not Todd? That's where the side eye comes in. It's one thing if she really believes that her precious Riley is really going to suffer for what? 6-8 months and her future is going to be in severe jeopardy.... Puleeezze. People with less means than them make long distance relationships work. Give me a break with all Kandi, Riley and MJ angst on how could it possibly be done.

I am assuming that Kandi is sincere here. Now, if she is doing for other motivation (as in power trip) that is a totally different situation.

Why can't Kandi go visit Todd for long weekends or even during the week?  I think that is what he purposed when he told her he had to go back to LA.  Why is it all or nothing?  

The all or nothing part is what I'm not cool with. It sounds like Kandi isn't about here and there visits. She wants his continued presence and regularly which is why I was annoyed when she tried to nix the idea of Kandi goes to LA for extended periods. I mean she's the one that isn't cool with the distance and short visits so she either needs to accept back and forth visits for short periods of time or figure out how to be in LA more often. It just seems like Kandi isn't as open to doing the work but is quick to point out the cracks for Todd to fix. Bothers the shit out of me.

• Love 1

The all or nothing part is what I'm not cool with. It sounds like Kandi isn't about here and there visits. She wants his continued presence and regularly which is why I was annoyed when she tried to nix the idea of Kandi goes to LA for extended periods. I mean she's the one that isn't cool with the distance and short visits so she either needs to accept back and forth visits for short periods of time or figure out how to be in LA more often. It just seems like Kandi isn't as open to doing the work but is quick to point out the cracks for Todd to fix. Bothers the shit out of me.

Well, they are newlyweds who have yet to go on Honeymoon( I think)

Kandi does not feel loved, IMO.

Same with Todd, btw.