Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I know! That and some still think Kim/Kyle are Hiltons! I mean, I realize that that family is "messed up" but not to that degree! LOL

Sorry, I know that none of them are Hiltons.  Two of them are Richards and little Kathy is something else.

• Love 3

27D6833A00000578-0-image-m-78_1429671714

Mumbling to the film crew:  C'mon guys I know a shortcut to the Polo Lounge, hurry or we're gonna miss Happy Hour. 

(When I am at the Gates of Hell for posting this, I will blame NC Socialworker for suggesting we caption this .  ;)   )

• Love 24

Sorry, I know that none of them are Hiltons.  Two of them are Richards and little Kathy is something else.

No problem. I just correct it because as bad/mixed up the sisters are, they are not as bad/crazy as the Hilton clan is! The Hiltons make the Richards group look semi normal! LOL

• Love 6

No problem. I just correct it because as bad/mixed up the sisters are, they are not as bad/crazy as the Hilton clan is! The Hiltons make the Richards group look semi normal! LOL

They are giving them a run for their money though.

• Love 4

I agree Little Kathy is something else but she is a Richards just the same as Kim and Kyle.  She was adopted at age five by her stepfather.

• Love 3

Yeah I do too... I'm with ya on that one.

I didn't like Faye back then either.  But wait, wasn't she an addict back then? It sounds like she shouldn't have been blamed for the decisions she made. Does she get any credit for turning it all around? 

It's funny, because it doesn't sound like she has been a terrible person for the last 15 or 20 years, and the conversation, since it was brought up in relation to Kim/Kyle is an interesting one. I can honesty say wiith 100% GD certainty, that if Kim had been sober for the last 15 years you would never hear me say "boo" about what she had done in the past; who she had hurt or betrayed back in the day when she was using. If she were a different person now, I would say "good on her" for breaking out of the horrendous cycle of addiction. Faye seemed to do this, yet she is still blamed for decisions she made while an addict, while at the same time Kim, who hasn't changed her behavior, is having excuses made for her. Kyle is the one who is being told to change her behavior.  

If memory serves (Zoeysmom, correct me if I am wrong), Kathy is the one responsible for introducing Faye to the family. Kathy and Rich use to have those "trial watching parties" and they built relationships with a lot of the folks involved in the trial.

I'm not saying it is easy but, you can't change people.

Very true. But at the same time there is a lot of emphasis on how Kyle should change her behavior. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

I disagree because Kyle told Kim she should talk to Lisa R about it and ask her stop diplomatically.

Yes, and both have said that Kim was upset and came to Kyle because she had found out that Lisar was talking about her (thanks Brandi). Kyle seemed to give her good advice: talk to Lisar about it OFF CAMERA. Tell her you are fine and you need her to let it drop. Kim, the one of all the secrets and lies, who doesn't want her sobriety questioned, didn't take that advice. Instead she hammered away at Lisar on the plane, on camera. 

• Love 4

I disagree because Kyle told Kim she should talk to Lisa R about it and ask her stop diplomatically.

But that would be Kim coming to Kyle about Lisar talking about her after Brandi told her not Kyle volunteering the information to Kim.  This is what my issues is with Brandi she hears something about someone and either makes it public or in the case of Kim and Lisar relays in a way that makes the other person the bad guy. 

Yes, and both have said that Kim was upset and came to Kyle because she had found out that Lisar was talking about her (thanks Brandi). Kyle seemed to give her good advice: talk to Lisar about it OFF CAMERA. Tell her you are fine and you need her to let it drop. Kim, the one of all the secrets and lies, who doesn't want her sobriety questioned, didn't take that advice. Instead she hammered away at Lisar on the plane, on camera. 

I think my problem with the Lisar and Kim thing was Kim claimed she had received texts from Lisar which would have been the perfect way to address it privately and according to Kim she chose to ignore them.  How many ways was Kim given to address it privately?  She wanted to beat her chest again about being sober.

The whole preboarding thing-Kim is out of her flipping mind if she thinks production is going to allow Kim to keep every one in suspended silence because she is upset with Lisar.  Kim is on a show that requires interaction. 

• Love 3

I didn't like Faye back then either.  But wait, wasn't she an addict back then? It sounds like she shouldn't have been blamed for the decisions she made. Does she get any credit for turning it all around? 

It's funny, because it doesn't sound like she has been a terrible person for the last 15 or 20 years, and the conversation, since it was brought up in relation to Kim/Kyle is an interesting one. I can honesty say wiith 100% GD certainty, that if Kim had been sober for the last 15 years you would never hear me say "boo" about what she had done in the past; who she had hurt or betrayed back in the day when she was using. If she were a different person now, I would say "good on her" for breaking out of the horrendous cycle of addiction. Faye seemed to do this, yet she is still blamed for decisions she made while an addict, while at the same time Kim, who hasn't changed her behavior, is having excuses made for her. Kyle is the one who is being told to change her behavior.  

If memory serves (Zoeysmom, correct me if I am wrong), Kathy is the one responsible for introducing Faye to the family. Kathy and Rich use to have those "trial watching parties" and they built relationships with a lot of the folks involved in the trial.

Very true. But at the same time there is a lot of emphasis on how Kyle should change her behavior. 

The only thing I appreciated about Faye is she stated early and often that Brandi wasn't truthful and was intentionally hurting Adrienne for no real reason except to endear her to Lisa V.  I am hoping someday Lisa V. will appreciate she Faye was trying to warn her about Brandi.  It never quite made sense to me that Lisa kept having Faye at her house and I don't think Kyle was crashing Lisa V's parties with Faye.

I don't want to be accused of being in Faye's circle again so I found this https://books.google.com/books?id=6pd84XvouoQC&pg=PT105&lpg=PT105&dq=kathy+hilton+and+nicole+simpson&source=bl&ots=FQ9_PAwUBg&sig=4iR51-pRK4mpoJ78BE3FHuvx4NQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qtw4VdyPJoerogS8_YGICQ&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=kathy%20hilton%20and%20nicole%20simpson&f=false

It seems odd to me that after the fact all these people somehow knew OJ would kill Nicole.  Very sad.  Somehow I recall that Nicole had just returned from a trip to Mexico with the Jenners right before her death.  I am thinking Jenner and Hilton were friends as well. 

• Love 4

All this talk about tough love and intervention style absolutes rarely work. It creates battle lines and people ( addicts) dig their heels in. Now, should Kyle be bailing Kim out? NO! No money no helping her with the results of her addiction but, a little unconditional love and small acts of kindness go a long way. If I were Kyle, I would say to Kim, I will not discuss your personal struggles with others, I will always love you even if you use. It is up to you to chose your path. I know the goodness in you. I will no longer fight you in attempts to make you who I wish you to be. However, I will not in any way help you harm yourself. with financial support, or will I support dangerous behavior  but, I will never stop loving you.

Kyle has nothing to do with Kim's addiction or mental illness but she needs to learn to let go of trying to change Kim. Kim escalated in Amsterdam when Kyle called her out. and the way she acted on the plane also said to Kim......you are an embarrassment to me. She should have just stayed out of it instead of acting all horrified when I suspect it was Kyle and Brandi who told Kim Lisa Rinna was talking about her behind her back.

EXACTLY!!! I love how well you expressed that. Especially about how at this point battle lines will most likely only cause more bad than good.

See, this is what I mean when I point out Kyles behavior. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one that saw it that way. Kyle's over the top body language that was obviously saying you are embarrassing me. I know Kim is "horrid" but I felt bad for her because Kyle's actions are geared to make any accusation Kim makes to seem completely crazy or abusive but at the same time Kyle's stupid fidgeting for example would have made me call her out too had she'd been pulling that shit on me. I mean it was so ridiculously forced and dramatic and was done for effect.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

Wow. I guess I don't blame Kyle for her reactions to Kim, because I know I could never do this. I could never watch someone I love slowly (or in some cases quickly) kill themselves or ruin their life.  And while I understand walking away is an option for Kyle, I also know if I walked away from someone I loved in that situation I'd be tortured by it.  I think Kyle would be too, at least in part because of how she was raised. 

It's so easy for me to say Kyle should walk away, but when I think of my own siblings, I wouldn't be able to do what you're suggesting, or walk away. So I feel very badly for Kyle, because if I were in her situation, I'd be a mess. 

I was tortured by it but I took the hit because it's what was best for me AND them. Plus what's the point of Kyle sticking around and not making any headway? That's the part I don't get. Everyone's looking to Kim to shape up and end everyone else's torture. That's the wrong horse to bet on. Everyone needs to make there own moves. I mean apparently they are suffering with her so what's the difference if stepping away makes them suffer as well?  Suffering is unavoidable at this point so at least try something that hasn't been tried before and honestly I think Kim would do better without all the pressure she's receiving from "loved ones" to hurry the fuck up and kick the habit because it's getting old and everyone's pretty much over it. I like Higgins approach better.

Tit for tat.    

Is that a practice learned in Al-Anon?

• Love 2

Has Faye been sober? Or does she mange it more discreetly and have her glasses of wine, snorts of coke here and there, tweaks of pot once in awhile and keeps her tampon string out of sight? Good on her because we don't SEE it or know about it?

It was NEVER a question of having the 'stamina, patience, or peace' in an effort to save myself. It was the painful process of making a choice between continuing to allow myself to be sacrificed/destroyed and sucked into the vortex of someone (whom I deeply loved at the time and continued to love for SEVERAL years thereafter)  who simply DID NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN HIMSELF AND HIS 'PLEASURES',  (AND, who to this day, more than 30 years later operates in EXACTLY the same manner - so much for 'when the coast is clear'); or cut my losses and try to start over for the sake of my own sanity, self and soul. I chose to live, to rebuild my life free of relentless manipulation and constant pressure to both 'accept' and participate (to make him happy, dontcha know). That does NOT mean it was easy, or that I DID NOT CARE EVEN AS I CUT MYSELF FREE. It simply means that I recognized the realities of his choices versus my desire to have a life free of the drug induced miasma he chose to impose upon our life together...I do, after all, have the right to choose for myself. And it most assuredly means I never have and never will apologize nor feel the slightest bit guilty for the choice I made to cut MYSELF free.

Please keep in mind that when I make my posts I'm describing my history and I'm also thinking in terms of Kim and Kyle. Using what is said here to refer to my thought process but again my posts reflect what I'VE done and how I apply my thinking to Kim and Kyle. I use the examples posted here as a guideline of topic for my suggests for THEM.

• Love 1

It is very true that my distaste from that individual is strictly based from event that occurred during the trial.

I have a close family member who was a victim of domestic violence and I admit that my biases against Faye might be a bit irrational.

But her actions on the show did not change my impression of her. I would admit that she was a very good and loyal friend to Kyle.

The only thing I appreciated about Faye is she stated early and often that Brandi wasn't truthful and was intentionally hurting Adrienne for no real reason except to endear her to Lisa V.  I am hoping someday Lisa V. will appreciate she Faye was trying to warn her about Brandi.  It never quite made sense to me that Lisa kept having Faye at her house and I don't think Kyle was crashing Lisa V's parties with Faye.

I don't want to be accused of being in Faye's circle again so I found this https://books.google.com/books?id=6pd84XvouoQC&pg=PT105&lpg=PT105&dq=kathy+hilton+and+nicole+simpson&source=bl&ots=FQ9_PAwUBg&sig=4iR51-pRK4mpoJ78BE3FHuvx4NQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qtw4VdyPJoerogS8_YGICQ&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=kathy%20hilton%20and%20nicole%20simpson&f=false

It seems odd to me that after the fact all these people somehow knew OJ would kill Nicole.  Very sad.  Somehow I recall that Nicole had just returned from a trip to Mexico with the Jenners right before her death.  I am thinking Jenner and Hilton were friends as well.

I apologize if you felt accused, it was just an honest question. You are so passionate about the Hilton/Richards clan and have so much information, I truly thought that you were somehow associated with the group.

I was tortured by it but I took the hit because it's what was best for me AND them. Plus what's the point of Kyle sticking around and not making any headway? That's the part I don't get. Everyone's looking to Kim to shape up and end everyone else's torture. That's the wrong horse to bet on. Everyone needs to make there own moves. I mean apparently they are suffering with her so what's the difference if stepping away makes them suffer as well?  Suffering is unavoidable at this point so at least try something that hasn't been tried before and honestly I think Kim would do better without all the pressure she's receiving from "loved ones" to hurry the fuck up and kick the habit because it's getting old and everyone's pretty much over it. I like Higgins approach better.

Is that a practice learned in Al-Anon?

I don't think either sister likes to be a part of the other losing it in a conversation.  Kyle certainly lost her cool with Camille and Kim lost her cool Lisa.  Quite frankly I find groups like Al-Anon to be tools in dealing with a family or friends sobriety.  I don't think they have a manual on how to treat every situation.  As to Kim's family I think they are at their wit's end between pretending everything is okay and living their lives.  Obviously Kim is not all of sudden or ever going to change the fact that she does not want her  shortcomings discussed publicly.  I don't think  wants their bad behavior discussed -I just think that Kim's reaction is a bit more visceral than the average public persona.  If Kim had never done the reality show and she was arrested she would have been tagged with being Paris Hilton's aunt, sister of RHOBH star Kyle Richards and finally child star.  I only say that because most people under 40 probably didn't watch her shows or see the Disney Movies.  She would have probably garnered some sympathy for her struggle being made public just because of who she was related to.

• Love 3

It is very true that my distaste from that individual is strictly based from event that occurred during the trial.

I have a close family member who was a victim of domestic violence and I admit that my biases against Faye might be a bit irrational.

But her actions on the show did not change my impression of her. I would admit that she was a very good and loyal friend to Kyle.

I apologize if you felt accused, it was just an honest question. You are so passionate about the Hilton/Richards clan and have so much information, I truly thought that you were somehow associated with the group.

I think what I have been try to lobby against is misinformation.  For example Faye was a ANTI-domestic violence advocate.  So I would agree that would be a bit irrational to be biased against an advocate of domestic violence if you had a family member as a victim. 

What I am against be it Brandi, Kim, Lisa Rinna or Eileen is people deciding that one of them was sexually molested based on a blind item that would only pertain to a couple of male stars or because they are alcoholics or addicts.  I  see some sites tagging other child stars first person  accounts of abuse with Kim Richards.  It is just wrong. One it is unfair to a victim and two it is a travesty to imply with a small group of suspects some still alive and some deceased.  At this point with no outcry, I fear that Kim may become a victim of a faulty repressed memory syndrome.   I think it is great people have their opinions from their personal experience and education but opinion should not be substituted for the facts.

• Love 7

I don't remember it that way. If Lisa R. was going to Kyle about her concern for Kim, I don't believe that Kyle wouldn't take that opportunity to go to Kim and say, people are talking about you, and your behavior, even as a warning to try and protect Kim.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

Kim was embarrassing Kyle and Kyle has every right to feel whatever she feels. I don't think she should have to temper her reactions because it makes Kim feel bad. Kim embarresed me and I'm sitting in my living room. And like it or not those two are forever linked together by the viewers and their co workers. When Kim gets in trouble, everyone first reaction is "what does Kyke think?, what did Kyle tweet?". When Kim has an issue , all eyes turn to Kyle. Kyle is in a no win situation, we have one camp that calls her an enabler and another camp that thinks she delights in Kims suffering. By virtue of a genetic lottery Kyle gets to be judged however she reacts to Kim. I personally feel Kyle is a good hearted person and is doing the best she can. I'm ok with however she wants to deal with Kim.

• Love 24

Kim was embarrassing Kyle and Kyle has every right to feel whatever she feels. I don't think she should have to temper her reactions because it makes Kim feel bad. Kim embarresed me and I'm sitting in my living room. And like it or not those two are forever linked together by the viewers and their co workers. When Kim gets in trouble, everyone first reaction is "what does Kyke think?, what did Kyle tweet?". When Kim has an issue , all eyes turn to Kyle. Kyle is in a no win situation, we have one camp that calls her an enabler and another camp that thinks she delights in Kims suffering. By virtue of a genetic lottery Kyle gets to be judged however she reacts to Kim. I personally feel Kyle is a good hearted person and is doing the best she can. I'm ok with however she wants to deal with Kim.

After this debacle, I finally understand family estrangement.

Kyle and her own nuclear family deserves peace. She has to cut Kim.

Maybe communicate by mail?

• Love 4

It was NEVER a question of having the 'stamina, patience, or peace' in an effort to save myself. It was the painful process of making a choice between continuing to allow myself to be sacrificed/destroyed and sucked into the vortex of someone (whom I deeply loved at the time and continued to love for SEVERAL years thereafter)  who simply DID NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN HIMSELF AND HIS 'PLEASURES',  (AND, who to this day, more than 30 years later operates in EXACTLY the same manner - so much for 'when the coast is clear'); or cut my losses and try to start over for the sake of my own sanity, self and soul. I chose to live, to rebuild my life free of relentless manipulation and constant pressure to both 'accept' and participate (to make him happy, dontcha know). That does NOT mean it was easy, or that I DID NOT CARE EVEN AS I CUT MYSELF FREE. It simply means that I recognized the realities of his choices versus my desire to have a life free of the drug induced miasma he chose to impose upon our life together...I do, after all, have the right to choose for myself. And it most assuredly means I never have and never will apologize nor feel the slightest bit guilty for the choice I made to cut MYSELF free.

Hugs to you, becauseisaidso.   I was married to someone with addicition issues, along with a narcissistic personality and it's no walk in the park.  I still loved him, even after the split.  It's difficult to cut yourself off from an addict, even when you know you have to for self-preservation.

• Love 6

Hugs to you, becauseisaidso.   I was married to someone with addicition issues, along with a narcissistic personality and it's no walk in the park.  I still loved him, even after the split.  It's difficult to cut yourself off from an addict, even when you know you have to for self-preservation.

Right. The idea that we cut off our loved ones was done so easily, without any care or as if we are heartless, really disturbs me. It wasn't an easy task. It is heart-wrenching.  It usually happens only after years of the same old behaviors, the same hurts, and the same pathetic behavior. The realization that we cannot change the addict means that it is up to us in order to make the necessary changes. 

And it most assuredly means I never have and never will apologize nor feel the slightest bit guilty for the choice I made to cut MYSELF free.

Good for you for doing what you needed to do.

nc social worker - well said.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

What in the world did Kim think was going to happen during a Dr. Phil sit-down?  Did she think he was going to let himself be hushed like Andy Cohen?  And is that her daughter in the background??

http://www.eonline.com/news/649551/watch-kim-richards-storm-out-of-dr-phil-interview-when-asked-about-arrest-and-sobriety-is-this-an-intervention?cmpid=sn-111021-facebook-na-eonline

Edited by pbutler111
  • Love 4

Yes, it appears Kim's children are part of that interview there with Dr. Phil.

Kim probably figured she would do a PR move and set the record straight on Dr. Phil. Kim thinks she can control him like she does Andy.

• Love 3

This family is just imploding and we're all piecing them together like Law & Order. 

One thing is for sure, there was a reason why Big Kathy didn't leave Lil Kathy in charge of Kim.  Kathy has really botched this whole thing with the Dr Phil interview 4 days after her arrest.  Tsk tsk.  Had not Kim pushed Kyle away at the reunion along with not apologizing to her over the Kingsley situation, Kyle would had found a better cover for her I think.  Kathy is went about this wrong!

• Love 6

What in the world did Kim think was going to happen during a Dr. Phil sit-down?  Did she think he was going to let himself be hushed like Andy Cohen?  And is that her daughter in the background??

http://www.eonline.com/news/649551/watch-kim-richards-storm-out-of-dr-phil-interview-when-asked-about-arrest-and-sobriety-is-this-an-intervention?cmpid=sn-111021-facebook-na-eonline

Yes, those are 2 of her three daughters. Brooke (the blonde on the left), Kimberly, (brunette in the middle) and son Chad on the right. Whitney was not present.

• Love 1

Was it mentioned that cutting off addicts was a heartless move? I'm just wondering. I thought the majority is for detaching.

I really think it depends on the situation though. It's a last ditch thing after all else fails . We never reached that point with my niece and she has nearly 2 years clean. I have seen some cases where it was neccessary. It can save lives in the end. It does save lives. I've seen it.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8

I think what I have been try to lobby against is misinformation.  For example Faye was a ANTI-domestic violence advocate. 

Faye, delightful spiritual whore that she is,  also wrote shit about Nicole Simpson in her jagoff book that was challenged as outright lies by Nicole's real friends, sister, and family. (frex, that Nicole had a lesbian encounter with Faye. Which, if  true, means that piece of shit capitalized on the murdered corpse of the same body she made love to -- which is as sick as it gets.  And if it's a lie, may she rot in hell for spinning stories about a woman who was butchered to death.  Resnick deserves every letter in the phrase "morally corrupt", imo.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Kim embarrassed me and I'm sitting in my living room.

True dat.  Kim has such an altered sense of reality, and her refusal to deal with major, painful issues seems one likely root of her substance abuse problem.  Addictionologists often talk about the ways people self-medicate so as to avoid dealing with what really hurts them.  This whole dog thing is totally crazy.  Including that Kim insists her dog is like her child, and therefore off limits (never mind that he's had his own freaking story arc previously, including dealing with his aggressive behaviors), when the fact is--whatever the background deets are that Kim wouldn't reveal--her dog bit her sister's child.  Not "like a child," but Kyle's actual flesh and blood, and Kim's own niece.  And this human being got an infected bone and long medical ordeal out of it, not to mention what I'm sure is a pretty serious dose of trauma for all involved.

I also find it unreasonable for Kim to expect Kyle to trust in her sobriety when (1) Kim has relapsed multiple times, and lied right to her sister's face about using, and (2) she actually showed up acting crazy from taking someone else's prescription drug and showed her ass.  The rules of addiction medicine and recovery insist upon no controlled substances without doctor supervision, and this means the doctor must write a prescription for Kim, not Monty.  After however many times in rehab, Kim knows that, but won't own up to what it means.  If that wasn't a relapse, it definitely counts as a "slip," no matter what Kim says.  Kim wants trust from her sister, but she has not earned it.  It's like the boy who cried wolf--you lie to people's faces too many times, and they'll find it hard to trust you.  Kim also is so unpredictable, and so apt to fly off the handle (and then insist the subject be dropped), no wonder Kyle seems edgy and uncertain around her.  I'm not saying Kyle is perfect, as she does irk me plenty of times, but I'm way more on her side in this one.

I think that Kim, like Brandi, subconsciously wants to hurt others when they can't deal with their own pain.  And I think they're bosom buddies, for now, because they both are skilled at altering their realities to suit themselves.  Kim is an angry, hurt, and at times mean person, and so obviously deflects to steer away from her own misdeeds and cruelties that I can't believe she thinks people buy into it.  As in, Lisa R:  I'm talking about my traumatic connection to family addiction.  Kim: Well, I'm (not) talking about your husband (but I will insinuate shit and call more famous actresses beasts).  

• Love 8

So, where did the Pilates class with Brandi fall in the timeline of Kim's 100% pain?

Between the patch from the day before and the pain pills she was swiping from Monty that night.

• Love 12

So, where did the Pilates class with Brandi fall in the timeline of Kim's 100% pain?

Wasn't there a scene with Brandi and Kim riding around (it seems to be the same day) and Bravo showed it as a flashback and Kim is talking about her woes?  They are talking about how they have become close and show this scene.   I think it was in either the episode after Poker Night otr the Gay Mixer episode.  Anyway Branvo gives a timeline when that scene was filmed.

Since Kim had been sick the entire during filming just how is it she manages to keep her Pilates schedule?  Seems like rigorous activity for someone with a herniated disc.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Wasn't there a scene with Brandi and Kim riding around (it seems to be the same day) and Bravo showed it as a flashback and Kim is talking about her woes?  They are talking about how they have become close and show this scene.   I think it was in either the episode after Poker Night otr the Gay Mixer episode.  Anyway Branvo gives a timeline when that scene was filmed.

Since Kim had been sick the entire during filming just how is it she manages to keep her Pilates schedule?  Seems like rigorous activity for someone with a herniated disc.

I remember them showing the flashback and IIRC if we're talking about the one where they're in the car where Brandi is asking about how everything is going with Monty, I thought that it said 9 weeks ago and I thought the scene took place well before Poker Night. 

Kim is smoking when she has bronchitis or pneumonia and she's doing pilates when she has a slipped disc or whatever it supposedly was. It's all too ridiculous. 

• Love 6

What exactly has Faye Resnick done in the last 15 years that is so upsetting?  Camille has asked repeatedly people not refer to Faye as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" as the two are friends now.  To date on the show Faye's observations and predictions about the show have been true.

Is there a 15 year Statute of Limitations on doing horrible things? I mean Charlie Manson hasn't masterminded any murders in the last 15 years, right?

Perhaps the comparison is slightly unfair, but what Faye Resnick did over 15 years ago is enough for me to forever consider her  morally corrupt and beyond redemption. It also is enough for me to side eye anyone that chooses to be friends with her. 

• Love 9

I don't know what any of the other cast members have to offer if Brandi is fired. Most of their storylines revolve around Brandi. 90% of blogs and forums are people talking about Brandi.    The percent is about Kim, her behavior and how she treats the other cast members.   Without them, there is so many times it will be entertaining to see Yolanda's frig.

If Brandi is fired, it will probably be more due to her and Jeff Lewis's punking of Andy on WWHL.    They got him good.

I would be thrilled. Never thought she belonged on this show in the first place. Sticking needles in my eyes would be more enjoyable than Brandi on the screen. She can do an over 40 version of Bad Girls Club and be the stahhhhh. I don't watch these shows for conflict. She's just too angry for me. The lost footage was one of the best episodes.

• Love 13

I don't think being an addict makes Kim immune from the shame and mockery heaped on everyone in a reality show when they show their ass. I'm certainly not going to applaud her behavior!

Someone upthread posted something like: Addicts can be assholes, but not every addict is an asshole.

And I'm glad they did because it's true. I have a friend who struggles with alcohol, takes Antabuse, and sometimes relapses. But he's a kind, funny, generous person and does not go around kicking people, screaming at them that they stole his goddamn house, or telling us how sober he is all the time. Nor does he keep a dog that has bitten 5 people, and he doesn't lock himself in bathrooms to get high.

Kim, on the other hand, does that, so that makes her an asshole AND an addict. For me, it's the asshole part that brings on my desire to shame and mock, not the addict part. I suspect that's the issue her co-workers are struggling with, as well as her family. They want to help her with her addiction and be there for her, but the asshole isn't interested and yells at them for talking about her life and death choices.

This is where it stands for me, personally. I have no desire to see Kim come to a bad end, nor be more humiliated than she already has been. But it was a vindication of sorts to see it come out in the open and to have confirmed what was suspected all along.

My feelings about Kim personally are that she is so bitter and desirous of blaming everyone else that it is pretty unforgivable. No one should have to come back for more.

Yes, it's great to be supportive and learn how to best deal with the addict and help her out, but that should not be heaped on the family as some sort of responsibility and requirement, because once again, responsibility belongs to Kim herself. Right now, I don't think she relapsed, and all her defensive behavior is just her trying to convince everyone else that she was sober.

Since Season One, I've seen changes both in Kyle and in Kim. I was all Team Kim in Season One and I was appalled by Kyle's behavior, although we had a glimmer of the true Kim when she went on her rant about the house. The venom she spewed at everyone this season, not just Kyle, showed her true character, which I'm not about to apologize for disliking intensely. If all the exchanges between Kim and Kyle were left out of the season, there is plenty of evidence in her treatment of the others to prove she has a vicious streak a mile wide, and IMO this is why she is not receiving kind regards on the forum.

I think someone stated it didn't matter whether Kim apologized, and someone else said it didn't matter whether she ever took responsibility and said that wasn't the point. However, I think these issues are very meaningful to the family and friends who have to deal with Kim and are why people have a difficult time feeling empathy towards her. Because, in absence of her remorse and real attempts at sobriety, they know they only have more of the same to look forward to.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7

Camille has asked repeatedly people not refer to Faye as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" as the two are friends now. 

Well, The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick isn't my friend, so tough shit for Camille.

• Love 4

She appeared to be about to aimlessly wander the shoulder of the highway, but she was probably walking to her car. But it was still really funny and random to see.

Wouldn't it be fun if the collage of clips that introduce the wives included just such? For Kim it could be this one + a finger-pointing one + her blank stare. 

• Love 1

Having no experience with the disorder du jour aka NPD, could it be the disease of addiction speaking?

Too bad DR Drew cancelled the celebrity rehab show, that is where Kim belongs.

When Kim first came out with her line, "I am an alcoholic" she was minimizing her disease, IMO.

I would bet that was her first diagnostic however she uses hard drugs as well, IMO.

She is just so child-like.

I always found it particularly interesting that she actually stumbled over those words in that sit down with Andy a couple of times before she actually said it.

I can't find a clip of that scene at the moment, but I distinctly remember it as Mr. Persnickety and I were snarking about it.  Yes, we're evil that way.

I totally agree with your guess that she's been indulging in far more than just alcohol so maybe that's why she stammered...some subconscious reaction or slip, maybe.

BTW, found this little gem on YouTube whilst looking for that clip of Kim stammering.  It has an interesting quote from season 6 where Kim states that Brandi "needs help" after the racist comment she made to Joyce in Palm Springs:

-------------------------------------

Holy batshit....

Also found this interview clip where Kim appears to be higher than a fucking kite describing her decision to tell Adrienne and Paul about Brandi outing their surrogacy situation.  WELL WORTH A WATCH...

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

I always found it particularly interesting that she actually stumbled over those words in that sit down with Andy a couple of times before she actually said it.

I can't find a clip of that scene at the moment, but I distinctly remember it as Mr. Persnickety and I were snarking about it.  Yes, we're evil that way.

I totally agree with your guess that she's been indulging in far more than just alcohol so maybe that's why she stammered...some subconscious reaction or slip, maybe.

BTW, found this little gem on YouTube whilst looking for that clip of Kim stammering.  It has an interesting quote from season 6 where Kim states that Brandi "needs help" after the racist comment she made to Joyce in Palm Springs:

-------------------------------------

Holy batshit....

Also found this interview clip where Kim appears to be higher than a fucking kite describing her decision to tell Adrienne and Paul about Brandi outing their surrogacy situation.  WELL WORTH A WATCH...

At the 1:26 mark, it almost looks like she is trying to smell if she has alcohol on her breath! LOL

• Love 4