Team Christina

Kimberly Nichole (saved by America)

India Carney (saved by America)

Rob Taylor (saved by America)

Team Blake

Meghan Linsey (saved by America)

Hannah Kirby (saved by America)

Corey Kent White (saved by America)

Given that Hannah was among the bottom three on iTunes, I'm in shock that she avoided having to sing for her life!  And despite her high iTunes sales, I'm just as shocked that Deanna hit the bottom three!  Guess her phone votes weren't enough.  Mia I already knew was in the bottom.  Brian was obvious, too.  Only one not to make the top 200.

Glad Christina's team went unscathed.  Not so glad with Blake's team.  (Corey really needs to be gone, and soon.)  I'd rather Pharrell's team have stayed unharmed.

Christina's team performance?  Love!  Blake's team performance?  Loved Meghan and Hannah in it.  Corey, not at all.

As for the save . . . I'm glad America decided to get rid of Sominex in a hat.  Brian was so uninteresting (despite his good voice) that it would've been a travesty had he been allowed to marinate too long in the competition.  But damn, did that vote come close.  I really didn't want either woman to go, but I imagine Deanna's time will come sooner or later, anyway.  She'd better step it up next week with a better song choice.

A very tense episode.  But one with an okay result.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

Well, that was a bust for me. Didn't get one prediction  right, but came close. Going by yesterday, I thought for sure Deanna was toast, but I was pretty sure she'd be in the bottom three. Actually, I thought that was her best sounding song.(I really don't remember anything else she sang except for last night)

Deanna sure was surprised to near her name called for that save. She also didn't look all that happy that Adam was talking about her being so petrified out there every week.

I'm just glad all of Team Christina is still in tact. I hope they will be for a while. and they also had the best group song.

Speaking of group song,  who was the one who messed up in Blake's group?  I'm thinking it might have been Blake but who knows. Someone forgot to come in with their part because there was an obvious dead space at one point.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

Well, I was a bit surprised by the results. I mean, I had a feeling Mia would be on the bottom based off of iTunes. But I didn't think she would be going home this soon. Before the lives, if you had told me that Mia would be going home the first week, I wouldn't have believed it. I thought she would've lasted a bit longer. She really should've picked a better song last night. Song choice is the key to success in this competition. At least Deanna gets another shot. I still like her. Hopefully, Adam will take this as a clue and not give her another Christian song.

Edited by kelnic86
  • Love 2

Things I'm loving about the Voice right now:

1. The results did not track itunes exactly. It's more suspenseful that way. It also shows there is a point to phone voting. I'm also happy for Hannah.
  2. The save was suspenseful! Brian was in the lead at one point and all 3 looked to have a fighting shot. For once the graphic at the bottom of the scream didn't give it away too much.
  3. Adam wasn't a jerk! I was shocked at his little speech saying he was pulling for Brian and Deanna equally, and even complimenting Mia. That's some growth.
  4. Brian and Deanna both exceed my expectations in their performances.
  5. Team Blake is all safe.
  6. Team Christina is all safe.
  7. Team Adam being vulnerable so early after dominating last season.
  8. The Voice App is super fun to vote with on Monday nights. I like playing around with the vote totals and it's really easy. I highly recommend it. 
  • Love 2
  1. The Voice App is super fun to vote with on Monday nights. I like playing around with the vote totals and it's really easy. I highly recommend it. 

Wish I could use the app, but they tell me my phone is too old, and their devs didn't make the app backwards compatible. Boo. I guess with mobile these days, a 3 year old phone is totally ancient & archaic!

Glad Christina's team went unscathed.  Not so glad with Blake's team.  (Corey really needs to be gone, and soon.)  I'd rather Pharrell's team have stayed unharmed.

Right there with ya Donny Ketchum. I was disappointed when his name was called. But ya know, good for him all all. *grumbles*

I imagine Deanna's time will come sooner or later, anyway.  She'd better step it up next week with a better song choice.

You got that right, being on the edge of elimination should give her some major incentive for stepping it up next week. On a shallow note, I wish my legs looked as good as hers! Damn.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

I had the right two going home, but I thought Hannah would be there in the sing off and get saved by Twitter. I'm actually glad she wasn't. I think that the bottom three actually were the three that deserved to be there. I actually didn't know who to Tweet Save, because all three would been okay (going home) in my book. I can't understand a word that Mia sings, Brian is pretty vanilla, and there's just something that grates about Deanna's voice. 

I thought that it was Blake that missed his cue in the group sing, unless he just started singing because he realized that one of his team had missed their spot. . The camera guys weren't doing much better. More than once, they had a close up on the person who WASN'T singing at that moment. It was a hot mess. Christina's group had the advantage of SITTING during their number, so the camera guys weren't as confused,

Edited by ChicksDigScars

I was hoping that India would be in the bottom and not getting the Twitter save, but alas the bleat goes on. I like; not love, Deanna's voice, but damn if I can remember anything she sings immediately after she performs. She is also just as mumbly as Mia; whose voice I love. Brian had a lovely voice, but like others have already stated he was just too vanilla. Oh well, I'm just glad my faves are still around (Kimberly, Meghan, Hannah, Sawyer, and Joshua). I'm not accustomed to having this many voices to like in one competition. I'm even starting to come around on Koryn and Rob. Corey I could take or leave, but with India I will never hear what others are hearing when she sings. 

• Love 2

Just watched the videos online. I think Brian had the best instant-save performance. Couldn't understand Mia at all. Deanna was okay.

Also watched the group performances.  "Hotel California" was an unexpected song choice for Team Christina.  They all sounded good except for Rob who feels the need to throw in his vocal gymnastics.  The Team Blake performance was okay.  I actually find Hannah's "dancing" extremely annoying right now.  Unfortunate because she has a good voice.  The camera work was pretty funny.  Someone totally missed a cue or forgot words.  Corey's range is really limited.  I'm still surprised by Meghan's lack of stage presence.  

Edited by Noreaster
  • Love 1

Blake already tweeted that he messed up and missed the line in the song, but that he was pretty happy with the way the night was going. You could see that he was laughing and joking around with Hannah right before he missed the line. I thought it was funny that he was having such a good time with his team that he messed up.

I think Brian sang best in the Twitter save, but I never thought he would win it. I'm not a fan of Deanna, but I actually felt bad for her as Adam went on and on about how petrified she is of being on stage and then basically asked Twitter to save her as a pity vote. But what do I know, it worked.

• Love 1

Blake already tweeted that he messed up and missed the line in the song, but that he was pretty happy with the way the night was going.

Aha! I knew it was Blake! Thanks for confirming that nextian. 

• Love 2

Hah! Blake admitted on twitter that he missed the line. I thought it was him too because he was just enjoying watching Hannah who was singing right before his turn.

I appreciated Mia's talent but as I've mentioned before she doesnt connect when she sings. An age issue. So I'm not surprised she's gone. Same with bland Brian. Adam should have saved Tonya who would have a better shot. I thought Deanna sounded terrible in her save song. Really bad and I'm one who loves her voice.

So glad Meghan and Hannah were saved! My favorite Hannah! Corey I can take it or leave it. Same with Ron and Koryn.

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Deanna, but I actually felt bad for her as Adam went on and on about how petrified she is of being on stage and then basically asked Twitter to save her as a pity vote. But what do I know, it worked.

Honestly, if Adam didn't keep bringing it up, I wouldn't even notice that she has stage fright or whatever. But I guess that's just me. I mean, unless she was up there visibly shaking and all, her issues with nerves would probably go over my head.

• Love 4

I appreciated Mia's talent but as I've mentioned before she doesnt connect when she sings. An age issue. So I'm not surprised she's gone. Same with bland Brian. Adam should have saved Tonya who would have a better shot. I thought Deanna sounded terrible in her save song.

Tonya would be more interesting than Brian, for sure; but she would have been eliminated if she had to fight the youngsters for Twitter votes.

• Love 2

I was pleasantly surprised that Deanna was in the bottom 3 despite the decent itunes sales, I agree that this makes the results show more suspenseful.

And I was even more pleasantly surprised to see Hannah advance. I love that girl. Maybe she should get a more current song next week? Something that would sell?

Those were the only two surprises. I did think Mia might have gotten the twitter save but oh well.

I also agree that there are way too many strong contestants and Sawyer, seemingly the frontrunner, may lack the experience/confidence to keep it up. It might be Kimberly's to steal (because you know she is going all in).

• Love 3

I am very disappointed that we lost Mia this early.  I thought she brought something different and unique to the show and I always appreciate a bit of variety.  Tonight only proved my point.  Hers was the only performance that I found even remotely interesting.  While Mia gave us a very clever modernization of a classic blues song from the 1940's, Brian and Deanna basically did straight up karaoke versions of pop songs.  Very good karaoke, but karaoke all the same.

I actually sort of like Deanna's voice, even if her performance Monday night was a mess.  So I'm not totally bummed that she's still around.  I just wish it had been at the expense of Corey and not Mia.  In any case, I hope Adam learned his lesson and starts giving her current pop songs.  Those are clearly much more in her comfort zone than church hymns.

It wasn't all bad news tonight.  I was kind of worried about Hannah, Koryn and India, but all three sailed through seemingly without problems.  I wonder if Hannah really beat out Corey on Blake's team.  If so, that would be the best news yet.

Finally, I wouldn't make too much of the fact that the bottom 3 didn't exactly reflect iTunes.  The difference between Deanna at ·No. 37 and Hannah at No. 64 translates into only a relatively small number of downloads.  In a case like this, where Hannah had a song that people were unlikely to want to download, iTunes is not the best predictor of the final voting tally.  We've seen this over and over again, season after season.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 1

Listening to Mia I believe I heard Monday, Tuesday and melodic zombie noises.  Beyond that, I've got nothing.

I think I heard a "someone" or "somebody" in there, and definitely a "baby".  I know we talked about this yesterday, but obviously a music icon telling her that her words should be understandable meant nothing. How can a listener/viewer connect with an artist if the words, and thus the meaning, are unintelligible?

• Love 9

Mia is so talented vocally but I hear a lot of Zs in her singing tonight. Nearly every word seems to start with Z or end with Z. I know she's Mia Z but that doesn't mean she needs to add Zs to every vowel and consonant. ;-) I hope a vocal coach helps her to get rid of this lazy affectation.

I'll miss Mia. I personally love her voice and if I had Twitter, I would've tweeted to save her because I thought she had the best performance of the bottom three that sang. It probably would've helped if she had gone last. I didn't think she would go home so soon. Nonetheless, Pharrell still has a pretty strong team with Sawyer being the biggest contender.

I'm happy Hannah was safe! I thought she would've been in the bottom three according to iTunes.

• Love 3

That was lip syching?  I thought he sounded horrible and quite mumbley, just how bad is his album, I don't listen to him.

Funny, I missed his intro and thought, "Which contestant is that?  Oh, it can't be a contestant.  He sounds too good."    

Then I watched the prior night's (?) ep and didn't a contestant sing the same song, Chains?  

Nick Jonas's riot gear choreography was unintentionally hilarious. I wanted to fast forward through it, but was afraid I'd miss some fancy pantomime involving fake tasers.

Happy Hanna went through. Wish Blake would give her darker songs. I think her intensity works better with them. I'd like Hanna and her mother to have their own online series.

Mia-if you're trying to get America to save you, don't pick a blues song that most people don't know and then swallow all the words. Reba, who is nice to everyone, called you out on it. Also, why pick Miss You in the first place? It's not a great song for vocals.

I'm not a big Sting fan, but I loved Brian's Sting cover and I thought the styling they did on him for that performance was so much better - with the jacket and no hat instead of those awful sweaters. Sorry to see him go.

Kimberly doesn't have a pretty tone to her voice, but she's a very strong performer- which is the opposite of India. I've always hated the song Hotel California, but really enjoyed Team xtina's cover of it. Especially India. They all-except for Rob were restrained on it vocally, which was a nice change.

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 1

Honestly, if Adam didn't keep bringing it up, I wouldn't even notice that she has stage fright or whatever. But I guess that's just me. I mean, unless she was up there visibly shaking and all, her issues with nerves would probably go over my head.

It's not just you. I'm not seeing any obvious stage fright either. I don't know why Adam keeps bringing it up. I guess because all of the coaches are professionals and can easily spot when someone is uncomfortable on stage, but I would think the average viewer wouldn't notice it. Oh well...

Things I liked:

1. We didn't have a bottom three of all singers who were saved by the coaches the week before...pleasant surprise to see Hannah, Koryn and Rob get the audience vote.

2. Christina's team was safe - its about time her team gets some love..I feel like she always has a team member in the bottom three the first week.

3. Christina's group song with her team.

4. Corey was safe...I like him...can't help it.

And dare I say...I think it will come down to Team Pharrell (Sawyer) versus Team Christina for the win. I think Blake will lose Hannah next week..I don't believe that she beat Corey in the votes.

• Love 1

What was up with pretty blonde boy not wanting to be all "team holding hands" until the final four?

I noticed that too. My guess would be nerves/anxiety because he knew he had flopped the night before. I was actually just listening to the studio versions of his songs out of curiosity and they're not bad at all. He was also solid live until the live shows. Is that due to nerves too? He has minimal range and a blandly sweet voice, but the pitch problem wasn't obvious earlier on. Boy better sack up.

And I don't care, I thought Nick Jonas sounded great. Nice jam, too. I may or may not have downloaded his album and I may or may not have been surprised by the number of good songs on it.

• Love 1

It's not just you. I'm not seeing any obvious stage fright either. I don't know why Adam keeps bringing it up. I guess because all of the coaches are professionals and can easily spot when someone is uncomfortable on stage, but I would think the average viewer wouldn't notice it. Oh well...

Things I liked:

1. We didn't have a bottom three of all singers who were saved by the coaches the week before...pleasant surprise to see Hannah, Koryn and Rob get the audience vote.

2. Christina's team was safe - its about time her team gets some love..I feel like she always has a team member in the bottom three the first week.

3. Christina's group song with her team.

4. Corey was safe...I like him...can't help it.

And dare I say...I think it will come down to Team Pharrell (Sawyer) versus Team Christina for the win. I think Blake will lose Hannah next week..I don't believe that she beat Corey in the votes.

I'm not sure if Blake will lose Hannah next week.  She's very active on Twitter and appears to have some rabid fans.  I admit I much prefer her to Corey, so we'll see since he has a large Twitter following.  I think Deanna probably will be in the bottom three, but it all really depends on song choice.  I think only Sawyer can slide by with a weak song choice and still be voted through based on his iTunes downloads.  I think he'll be in the final three, but I'm not sure if Kimberly will be there with him.  I hope the winner is from Team Christina or Team Pharrell.

I'm very sorry to see Brian go, and to a lesser degree, Mia.  I wasn't home so I couldn't Twitter save Brian, and it's frustrating to see how close the votes were for Brian and Deanna.  

Who is pretty, blonde boy ... Corey or Sawyer?  

Edited by Sammich63
  • Love 1

I liked Mia’s voice and her singing style but she took nothing from that mentoring session with Reba. The lady told you in a polite way that you were Mumbles McGee. Week after week, and especially for the Twitter save song, all I heard was mush mouth with zero progression in the annunciation department. I had no idea what words she was singing for her Twitter save song last night, just underscoring the point that she is not quite there yet. I would rather have seen Corey take Mia’s place out the door to see if she could overcome her annunciation problems with a little more coaching but I am not terribly upset with the results.

I was pleasantly surprised that Hannah didn’t end up in the bottom three. I used to find her a bit too intense but she has either toned it down or grown on me, not sure which.

Edited by MelsW
  • Love 3

Chris Jamison does a better Nick Jonas than Nick Jonas, but we knew that already. If only he had the kind of backing Nick does.

Mia would have been in last night if she hadn't dressed and styled herself so poorly twice in a row: like a plain little girl hiding her figure and her pretty face beneath that overgrown thick fringe. She sang with passion and worked the stage last night but it was too late, and that outfit, in contrast to Deanna's who was styled like a conventional appealing pop star, made her toast. If you're going to present a different song and style from the norm you need to coat it with some sugar, some sex appeal or interest, and she didn't do that twice in a row.

Edited by anonymiss

I looooooooooove Hannah.  I'm not sure she has the voice to make it to the top, but I just LOVE that kid.  My husband has a serious boy crush on Sawyer (a little creepy...) but I don't love him at all.  He sounds exactly the same every week and has that goofy little robot smile going on.  He hasn't really shown any artistic value or ability to adapt.  He's a cute little boy with a guitar and long hair.  Not sure what the appeal is for America (it's clearly not the amazing vocal talent), but I bet he ends up contending for the top, and it won't matter one bit what he sings or how he sings it, he'll win.  With his robot smile and total lack of stage presence.

I like Deanna's voice, but she has great difficulty with control.  I keep hoping she'll get on track.  She has quit "voice quivering" with her fright, but she still looks terrified.  There's such a discrepancy between her ability and her comfort with her abilities.  She needs Xanax.  Ha!  I hope Adam sees that she needs a different genre this week - a song that forces movement and interaction that makes her have FUN instead of standing still concentrating on notes would be great!  Conversely, I'd like to see Hannah have a different kind of song as well - one that forced her to sing without so much Tigger going on.  Could she do it? 

I was not a big fan of Mia's voice, although that smile and her comfort and charisma are adorable.  I don't love that whole Mariah Carey glass breaking thing.

I missed the bottom three because I had eliminated Koryn.  I had her there because when I wrote out the "12" list and got to her, I said "who?"

• Love 2

Did anyone notice that Megan Lindsey looked super pissed last night? She barely looked grateful to be saved by America. I was wondering if anyone knew if anything happened? I'm a huge fan but was really turned off at how almost, entitled, If that's the right word she appeared. Anyone?

• Love 3

I didn't notice Meghan's expression, but she usually looks kind of sour to me (maybe just very serious). I missed Sarah this week; most of the remaining belters (and their song choices) just don't do it for me. At least with rock, being on "constant loud" can make sense.

I think Sawyer's appeal is the surprising authority he sings everything with combined with his unusual, kind of "pure and different", looks. I do agree he seemed to have a plastered on "robotic smile" Monday night (much more, imo, than usual) but I thought that was because he was paying attention to Reba's advice and its just not natural for him (plus, despite what she said, it really didn't fit the lyrics).

I wish Mia had worked harder to enunciate as Reba told her too. Such great advice, but she either wouldn't or couldn't follow it. I'm sorry to see her go so early.

Hanna has a good voice and seems like a very nice person. I want to root for her but will be unable to until someone helps her learn how to -really- move on stage. Seriously, they need to stop complimenting her awkward "dancing" and teach her how to walk and stand in general and then how to move in an undistracting way while singing. Even when she walked up and just stood there last night, she was just so ungainly, legs spread awkwardly apart.

These little things could be easily and quickly changed (at least brought to her attention so she could decide if she wanted to change) but instead they keep reinforcing the bad "dance" moves that make her just look like a rank amateur. She's so much better than that. I hope Blake will bring someone in (Miranda might be a good choice) who could help her with "performance". I know some people find it charmingly natural on this show, but out in the real world, she would benefit from changing it.

When you are called out for your mush mouth by a zillion selling, real-deal artist and you don't care to learn from her experience, you deserve what you get, Miss Miaz.  Not sorry to see her go.  I did not understand one word of her twitter save song last night, so what's the point?   

• Love 1

Haha I like Hanna, she's got spunk and a good voice though I don't think she'd make it to the top 3. Sawyers cool but not one of my faves. Love josh, he's great but I also don't think he will win either.. Definitely didn't wanna see Mia go so fast either, but she's a teenager doing her own thing and I don't think she took Reba's advice either. As much as I love the stones I think that was a terrible song choice for her. The high pitch can get annoying but she was actually really good even when she didn't do it. I read somewhere else on here that she wasn't dressed right either, looking back I agree. She could've done herself up a bit more especially since she said she went to cosmetology school- so idc who hates me for this but I really don't care for India's voice. It's good, but it's Broadway. Not the voice. I do like rob a lot, very diverse range, he should be top 3, but don't think he'll take the win either. I also honestly have no idea what Deanna is still doing on this show?? She's stunningly beautiful and does have a good voice but she is without a doubt 100%not top 10 material ( Brian should have won that, which I tried to make happen, but failed obviously ) My guess is it's gonna be Kimberly or sawyer that wins. I'd be ok w either.

I'm a fan of Mia's voice, but she is not ready for a big singing career, imo. She needs some solid, regular coaching from someone who can teach her how to emote, project and enunciate all at the same time. I'm sorry she's leaving so soon, because I really wanted to see if/how she improved in the upcoming performances. I wanted to hear her sing something like "You Really Got A Hold On Me," or something like Duffy's "Mercy" or Sista Monica's "Show Me What You're Working With." (Although that last one might be a little too raunchy for a sixteen-year-old.) But she has a voice for the blues, no doubt at all.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

Deanna Johnson looks like a brunette Ivanka Trump to me.

Yes!  I said this very same thing to myself last night.  And Sawyer totally looks like Amanda Knox to me.  Something to do with the smile and the eyes.

Edited by Cementhead

I pretty much figured that Mia was in big trouble the minute I realized that she was going first and Deanna last.  Just consider the following stats for the Voice's twitter save following a sing-off since it was introduced in Season 6:

1. The contestant singing last has won 7 out of 8 twitter saves.  The one exception was Kat Perkins, who went 3rd out of 4 in the Season 6 Top 8 week.  The contestants singing first and second have never been saved.

2. Because the contestants always sing in the order in which their coaches sit, with Team Blake going first, a Team Adam contestant has always been saved when any are in the bottom, while no Team Blake contestant has ever been saved.  The fate of the contestants on the other teams has always depended on whether they are up against a Team Adam contestant.  If not and they are lucky enough to go last, then they are saved (which is what kept happening with Ryan Sill last season).  Otherwise they are not.

So it seems we can look forward to Deanna winning many more twitter saves, up until both she and Joshua are in the bottom 3 at the same time.  Conversely, if either Corey or Hannah ever hit the bottom 3, they are gone.

There is a real easy fix for this.  Just have the contestants sing in the reverse order of the number of votes they received during the performance show.  If they don't want to let people know how the contestants finished the night before, then even a random draw would be better than the current system.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 1

I'm surprised and sad.  I liked both Brian and Mia a lot.  Then again, they weren't going to win, so I'm going to try not to think about it.  There is still a lot of culing to do.

Kimberly doesn't have a pretty tone to her voice, but she's a very strong performer

This hit the nail on the head.  There's a harshness to Kimberly's delivery and voice that I don't exactly enjoy.  I'm still riveted and impressed by her, though.

I must like Corey better than all of you.  He hasn't developed a signature style yet, I'll agree, but I think he has enough going for him that it's perfectly fine for him to be there still.  I already like him far better than I ever did Danielle, and look how far she got.  I find his clear desire to connect with the song to be quite endearing.  It's nice to see some emotion to counterbalance all the vocal acrobatics that others highlight.

Sawyer and Josh need to step up.  Team Christina is the only chance to challenge those two.  However, II worry Christina will rely on the same old tricks in her coaching tips bag and India will become utterly generic and Rob won't ever learn restraint, and neither one of them will turn into much of a challenge.  Kimberly, I'm counting on you to keep your own style! 

I think Top 6 is when the contest will start to get interesting.  No big deal until then.

Kimberley gives me a Patti LaBelle vibe.   She has a huge voice--not always a pretty tone but very powerful and full of emotion--and she has a huge stage presence that I think has improved a lot so far.   

• Love 4

Sawyer and Josh need to step up.  Team Christina is the only chance to challenge those two.

Challenge those two?  As we saw, Joshua was way overshadowed by Kimberly and Meghan (who's on Blake's team), so I don't think he's infallible at all.  And until the voting closed, Kimberly actually beat Sawyer this week!  Sawyer only overtook her again after the voting closed.

I pretty much figured that Mia was in big trouble the minute I realized that she was going first and Deanna last.  Just consider the following stats for the Voice's twitter save following a sing-off since it was introduced in Season 6:

1. The contestant singing last has won 7 out of 8 twitter saves.  The one exception was Kat Perkins, who went 3rd out of 4 in the Season 6 Top 8 week.  The contestants singing first and second have never been saved.

2. Because the contestants always sing in the order in which their coaches sit, with Team Blake going first, a Team Adam contestant has always been saved when any are in the bottom, while no Team Blake contestant has ever been saved.  The fate of the contestants on the other teams has always depended on whether they are up against a Team Adam contestant.  If not and they are lucky enough to go last, then they are saved (which is what kept happening with Ryan Sill last season).  Otherwise they are not.

So it seems we can look forward to Deanna winning many more twitter saves, up until both she and Joshua are in the bottom 3 at the same time.  Conversely, if either Corey or Hannah ever hit the bottom 3, they are gone.

There is a real easy fix for this.  Just have the contestants sing in the reverse order of the number of votes they received during the performance show.  If they don't want to let people know how the contestants finished the night before, then even a random draw would be better than the current system.

I don't think there's enough data to draw such conclusions. Eight is a small sample size. Also, correlation is not causation. There are other possible reasons besides performance order.  Perhaps twitter voting favors particular coaches or certain contestants because of the demographics.  We really don't have enough data.  

That said, I'm not opposed to having the bottom 3 sing in a random order to eliminate any possible performance order effect. 

I guess I also don't have major complaints because I usually agree with the twitter save decisions.  I also assume that anyone landing in the bottom is not really in contention to win.  So I don't really care that much.