Type keyword(s) to search

The DC Extended Universe: To Thanagar and Beyond!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

I can't stand Jonah Hill, either, but I can generally tolerate his roles, especially when he's not playing the protagonist.

I know that Cara Delevigne already said she's not coming back, but thank god this has been confirmed.

I'm kind of surprised Joel Kinnaman is back, because his role was pretty tied up with June/Enchantress (goddamn just saying that made me shudder) but he is pretty so I'm okay with this.

15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I know that Cara Delevigne already said she's not coming back, but thank god this has been confirmed.

What do directors see in her? 'Cause it doesn't come across on the screen.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

In the source material Flag was pretty central to the group as a whole. I just hope for Kinnaman's sake that they get someone who's better at dialog to write the script this time.

If not, we can his tune out what he says and just focus on his general prettiness.

Edited by methodwriter85
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I love Jeffrey Wright as an actor so I think that he is the prefect choice for Commissioner Jim Gordon.

I'm full on hoping WB throws money at Zendaya to get her to play Batgirl. I know her Emmy look was inspired by Poison Ivy (and she'd be great in that role too) but I would be so happy if she ended up playing my Babs. And I think she and Jeffrey would be great in father-daughter scenes. Bonus: we know she can rock the red hair so there's really no reason unless she's no interested.

• Love 4

I appreciate the diversity, but Zoe Kravitz can't act so I hope she takes lessons. I can't help thinking about all the far more talented African American actresses who should have been hired for that role.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Even when they're casting established actors who can act well, Warner Bros. finds a way to screw it up as often as not. See Patrick Wilson as Jason Momoa's YOUNGER brother as an example.

And Nicole Kidman as their mother.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

This just in... Jared Leto is still an ass. The most interesting part is that they say that he tried to make his role in Suicide Squad bigger or more important, and it backfired because they trimmed most of it.

He pretty much alienated everyone. I wonder if he would have gotten a Joker movie if he behaved better on Suicide Squad. It couldn't have hurt to get along with your co-workers, at the very least.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

Is that project officially dead?

I saw something from what is probably a very unreliable site today that said it might still happen, with a different actor playing Joker. 

I just saw that DC is doing a Superman/Lois Lane tv show on The CW. Why? Why? Greed, I know, but still... Why doesn't DC just give Superman a two year rest and reboot the movie franchise. Instead it is going along with a tv show with two bad actors as leads on THE CW which lacks the diversity that DC desperately needs in the long run. UGH!

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Why doesn't DC just give Superman a two year rest and reboot the movie franchise.

I guess they figure that they've had so much bad luck with the Superman films that they might as well leave it alone at this point.  Maybe by the time the tv series is done and off the air DC will have their shit together and be prepared to tackle Supes on the big screen.  Until then they can just keep working through the rest of the DC library for more stand-alone films since they have had more success in that area.

Who knows, maybe with the success of the Joker film we'll see a Luthor movie.

• Love 1

Surprisingly, last night on the Hallowe'en episode of Dancing with the Stars, Ally Brooke (formerly of Fifth Harmony) and her partner did a tango as Harley Quinn and Joker.  Kinda-sortof anyway, they changed a few details presumably to dodge copyright, but Bruno  mentioned Harlequin and Tom Bergeron ended the segment by telling her "take Joaquin Phoenix and head up to the skybox" (although he looked more like Ledger, with the heavy eye black).  I was amazed that they did it on a Disney-owned network, but that may explain why their backup dancers were Red Skulls.

The song? "Psycho" by Ava Max.

9 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Add in the new show announcements over there and there are a lot of upset people on the DC Universe community boards.

Ooo - I didn't even think about that aspect. (But I don't have DCUniverse.)

4 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

So what does that mean for Titans, Doom Patrol, etc? 

3 hours ago, starri said:

I believe they're also going to be available through HBOMax.  I would assume they will likely sunset DC Universe, but maybe not.

Strictly speaking, the TV shows are off-topic for this thread.  But, as it stands it appears that Doom Patrol Season 2 will premiere simultaneously on both services, there hasn't been an announcement of Titans Season 3, and Harley Quinn and Bizarro TV (and, presumably but she was conspicuously not in the announcement I saw) Stargirl will still be premiering on DCU as planned.

• Love 1
On 10/28/2019 at 7:53 PM, SimoneS said:

I just saw that DC is doing a Superman/Lois Lane tv show on The CW. Why? Why? Greed, I know, but still... Why doesn't DC just give Superman a two year rest and reboot the movie franchise. Instead it is going along with a tv show with two bad actors as leads on THE CW which lacks the diversity that DC desperately needs in the long run. UGH!

I've really liked Tyler Hoechlin's Superman/Clark on Supergirl and thought it was a fun upbeat take on the character after the dark and bleak Snyder films, so I can't complain about them giving him his own show.

I'm hoping that if it's a success maybe it will convince some people at WB that the next Superman film doesn't have to be dark and angry.

Edited by Perfect Xero

For those who may not keep up with the DC TV shows, in this season's crossover episode of Arrow, - *spoilers* - the TV Flash meets the movie Flash! So now the movie and TV universes have directly connected.

Spoiler

I was surprised. I honestly thought the closest we get to this would be maybe they'd Grant Gustin have a low-key cameo in the Flash film (best case scenario), or they'd reference something from the show in the film.

However, I think this kinda shows that the Flash movie isn't happening anytime soon; since they can do whatever with either version right now.

21 hours ago, Trini said:

So learning that the Ezra Miller cameo was actually a request from WB, it seems to me that maybe they are trying to keep that version of the Flash visible, and showing their commitment. Maybe they actually will have that movie made soon-ish?

That was my interpretation: a good way to cool the "Ezra is out as The Flash" rumors, and, as it turns out, Grant's Barry actually gave Ezra's Barry the name!

Current status of the film is that Christina Hodson is writing it (as she is almost everything else in DC Films, it seems) and Andy Muschetti ("IT" and "IT Chapter 2") is directing, for release on 7/1/2022.  (I do keep the first post in this thread up to date with the schedules and links to the various film threads.)