Chris Pine : Dead Steve Trevor

Pedro Pascal : Maxwell Lord

Connie Nielsen : Queen Hippolyta

Robin Wright : Antiope

Directed by Patty Jenkins

Anticipated Release Dates: Dec 16 and Dec 25 2020

* - Provisional Synopsis

• LOL 7

Solid trailer.  Movies/trailers based in the 80s tend to look stupid because they overemphasize the gaudiness of it, but this looked more...natural, I guess?  Nice use of Blue Monday.

I'm wondering if Steve is a ghost or a figment of Diana's imagination.  

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I'm wondering if Steve is a ghost or a figment of Diana's imagination.  

Well, they actually show him fighting people and firing weapons...so I don't think so?

7 minutes ago, krankydoodle said:

I like that their roles seem to be reversed, with Diana having to show Steve the ropes this time.

Oh she'll show him the ropes all right. I'll see myself out.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • LOL 14

My verdict: WOW! That trailer had everything I wanted: Diana, Steve,  the 80s look (especially the mall), the 80s tunes, Thymascira (sp?), Diana kicking ass, Diana looking like Valkyrie & Diana lassoing lightning. Pedro Pascal doesn't hurt, either.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

Didn't she know Steve for all of 2-3 days over 60 years ago?  I know you never forget your first, but some therapy might be in order.

I think it’s just straight up stupid she’s still hung up on this dude 70-100 years later.

Trailer looks alright though, Diana swinging on lightning bolts is a look!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So it's "crazy" for Diana to still have a torch for Steve Trevor, but meanwhile in the Marvelverse, it's okay for Steve Rogers pine over Peggy though he didn't know her that long in the past and she'd moved on with her life (before he decided to time travel and insert himself into her life)? **

*glares askance*

Steve Trevor was killed in action. It's natural that a part of her would always grieve him. And maybe this movie will give her closure.

**And we all know Diana would never pull that Endgame shit.

• Love 20

I buy it because Steve sacrificed himself minutes after saying 'I love you'. That makes an impact. I'd side-eye if she's in a relationship that she ends once she sees Steve but I don't think that's going to happen for one second. She looks to be single and Steve's still in her heart so why wouldn't she be thrilled and willing to go for now that he's returned?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

So it's "crazy" for Diana to still have a torch for Steve Trevor, but meanwhile in the Marvelverse, it's okay for Steve Rogers pine over Peggy though he didn't know her that long in the past and she'd moved on with her life (before he decided to time travel and insert himself into her life)? **

*glares askance*

No, that's stupid, too.  Although less time has passed for Steve Rogers - to him it was just a few weeks/years ago (depending on the movie).  Still dumb.  As is Thor being hung up on Jane Foster, someone he knew fr 2 days then didn't see again for 2 years..

In order of stupid unrealistic romances though, it goes Wonder Woman (a few days 60+ years ago)  -  Thor (a couple days 2+ years ago)  -  Captain America (knew each other for months? feels like yesterday but was actually 70 years ago).  All stupid, just to varying degrees.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A well cut trailer is a thing of beauty!! 😭 Awesome.

---

I'm of the mind that they can just keep on killing Steve in every Wonder Woman movie, and then bring him back in the next anyway -- preferably with no explanation. 😅

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Trini said:

A well cut trailer is a thing of beauty!! 😭 Awesome.

---

I'm of the mind that they can just keep on killing Steve in every Wonder Woman movie, and then bring him back in the next anyway -- preferably with no explanation. 😅

Like Kenny in South Park! 

• Love 1

This looks awesome, I am so ready for this, what a well done trailer! Especially as its been awhile now, we already had that whole Justice League thing, and its a totally different supporting cast, setting, and general vibe from the last one! 

Well a new cast...except for Steve! I have no idea how it comes back, but this IS a comic book movie, people pop back and fourth from the dead every other day, and I love Steve and his romance with Diana, so I am totally cool with this. 

Was that an invisible jet I (didnt) see!?!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

They're in a jet, do we know it's invisible?

After rewatching a dozen times, the only thing I'd nitpick is having the shot with WW breaking off the armor wings right before a shot with the armor wings still there.

Glad we're going to see a little more Themisycra/backstory.

15 minutes ago, Trini said:

ELSso3RU0AEiiVz.jpg

Members Only jacket? Check.

Fanny Pack? Check.

Casio Digital Watch? Check.

I don't know about the Ray-Ban Aviatiors, I might've gone for the Wayfarers, they seemed a lot more prevalent then. Then again, what was his profession?

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I still think it's Steve's lookalike grandson who happens to be clued in on Wonder Woman.

If it was Steve’s grandson, Diana wouldn’t need to explain to him what a trash can is-he would know that since it would be his time.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, tennisgurl said:

On 12/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Trini said:

They're in a jet, do we know it's invisible?

The canopy certainly looked like it wasn't there, at least to me.

A few more thoughts on the trailer,

I know it's the 80s not 70s, but this movie seems like a good opportunity to embrace some of the cheese of the WW TV show.

Flying isn't in Wonder Woman's powerset in the films so far*, so it's kind of interesting how many times we see her launching through the air just in this first trailer.

Speaking of riding lightning; I've got a theory that maybe she's being helped by one of the Greek gods. Zeus would be the one in charge of lightning, right?

9 hours ago, Trini said:

Speaking of riding lightning; I've got a theory that maybe she's being helped by one of the Greek gods. Zeus would be the one in charge of lightning, right?

Daddy assists are always in vogue.  Someone on Twitter offered this explanation...

• LOL 1

I realized between this and the Ghostbusters trailer that I just don't know what gets people about trailers anymore. Most trailers for big budget movies look great. It doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I watch just to see the style and something about the story entails.  But, praising it or getting super hyped is just not for me anymore. I think that may ended with endgame for me. I loved endgame. That was just the last trailer that got me.

But, if you are already in the bag for something, a trailer is just going to reinforce your own hype. I thought wonder woman was a good movie. Not great. Much like black panther, I feel like it gets too much praise because of what it represents. Both good movies with flashes of greatness that were also really hyped. Overhyped I would say. I'm sure this will be good too. And then I won't think about it much after I see it like many middle of the road marvel movies I've seen over the years.

11 hours ago, Trini said:

I know it's the 80s not 70s, but this movie seems like a good opportunity to embrace some of the cheese of the WW TV show.

Flying isn't in Wonder Woman's powerset in the films so far*, so it's kind of interesting how many times we see her launching through the air just in this first trailer.

While '70s Wonder Woman couldn't fly, she could leap and jump--really high. 

Pedro Pascal was awesome in Narcos and GOT, so he will be awesome as an 80s bad guy as well. I never noticed his own parents were political refugees. He also has a very young brother that attended Juilliard and I think has starred in a couple of Narcos episodes himself. I think he is an actor, too, but not like the range Pedro has. I wouldn't have thought they were related, but they are. Just one of the interesting things about Pedro.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1