Type keyword(s) to search

The DC Extended Universe: To Thanagar and Beyond!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

(edited)

DC is putting together its own event with what I assume would have been Comic Con content/events: DC FanDome!

Save the date and prep your cosplay!  On Saturday, August 22, starting at 10 a.m. PDT, Warner Bros. will welcome fans everywhere into the DC FanDome—a free virtual fan experience where no badge is required. 

Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present and future.  Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.

The DC FanDome is the place to hear highly anticipated announcements and the latest news, see exclusive footage, and venture into themed worlds designed to entertain everyone from movie and TV superfans to gamers and readers, to families and kids.  With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own.  Inside this virtual world, fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language.  No matter where you live, your age or your level of fandom, there is something for you.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, Dani said:

Interesting. Deadline is saying that it’s not going to be standalone movie.

Yeah. Supposedly they've offered a Superman movie to JJ Abrams as part of his huge deal, but he won't take it unless he gets full casting control. Which really brings forth the question, how far can you go with a "filmmaker driven shared universe?"

Is that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex doing the voiceover? Ugh. Automatic 👎🏻 from me.  Seriously. Hate that character.  Even with all its flaws, I’d be inclined to be much more charitable toward BvS if it weren’t for him.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Is that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex doing the voiceover? Ugh. Automatic 👎🏻 from me.  Seriously. Hate that character.  Even with all its flaws, I’d be inclined to be much more charitable toward BvS if it weren’t for him.  

It's actually his dialog from the end of BvS.

• Useful 1

There's also the scandal about Whedon cheating on his wife and whining about being expected to resist the allure of all the pretty young starlets working for him, which broke a few months after that Comic Con panel in the video. That might have had something to do with retracting the "great guy" part.

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

There's also the scandal about Whedon cheating on his wife and whining about being expected to resist the allure of all the pretty young starlets working for him, which broke a few months after that Comic Con panel in the video. That might have had something to do with retracting the "great guy" part.

Huh, I somehow totally missed that scandal. I remember he dropped out of Batgirl claiming he didn't have a story to tell (which, was obviously a load of crap). I had no idea it might have been related to his affairs.  

• Love 1

There's a Youtube event called JusticeCon this weekend, focusing on Zack Snyder's Justice League.  They actually had a panel of sorts with Zack himself today, and he revealed a few things:

• "They" want the movie to be called "Zack Snyder's Justice League," but it's tied up in legal for some reason
  • He's actually finishing the movie in the aspect ratio it was shot in, which is the film IMAX 1.43:1 size which is what the Wonder Woman tease is in.  If it sticks with that ratio when it gets to broadcast, it will be slightly pillarboxed on a regular HD TV.
  • Yes, the broadcast version will be in color.
  • There will be a lot more revealed at DC Fandome next month
  • He also released this clip, which, while it's something we've seen before, is also distinctly different:

DC put out a list of participants for FanDome; some of the cast and crew of these films: The Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam, the "Snyder Cut" of Justice League, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman 1984, and The Flash.

• Love 1

I know they mean for us to be all "OMG! The Rock IS Black Adam! SQUEEEEE!" But I was tired of the character and all of DC's comic writers wanking about him before Dwayne Johnson's ego entered the picture.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BetterButter said:

This part is interesting although the concept isn't new:

“This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” Muschietti said. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse.”

They already did this with the COIE crossover on CW; and technically the Batman Lego film. I wonder if this means the now the movies (or at least this one) will acknowledge the DCTV universe(s)?

Also, is this the first official quotes about what the story will be about?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

They already did this with the COIE crossover on CW; and technically the Batman Lego film. I wonder if this means the now the movies (or at least this one) will acknowledge the DCTV universe(s)?

I am personally convinced that the crossover scene between Ezra and Grant will appear in the film, and that's how Ezra's Barry starts calling himself The Flash.

I'm wondering if there will be word on whether Kiersey Clemons will still be playing Iris.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

I am personally convinced that the crossover scene between Ezra and Grant will appear in the film, and that's how Ezra's Barry starts calling himself The Flash.

Either that, or maybe they filmed something that wasn't put in COIE but will appear in the film. (Or maybe a different take with slightly different dialog? I just think it'd be weird to have the exact same scene.

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I'm wondering if there will be word on whether Kiersey Clemons will still be playing Iris.

Me too; but I have a feeling she'll be recast.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Ben Affleck Will Return as Batman in The Flash

17 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Re: ASSFLECK: giphy.gif giphy.gif

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

16 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

That movie’s still happening? 

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

I KNOW! I’ll believe it when I hear it’s out.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

They showed some concept art, they've got a script and a cast; but I'm still in "We'll see..." mode for the Flash film. I like the multiverse concept, but it's too bad that the CW shows and the Spiderverse movie beat them to it.

DC animated movies for 2021 include The Long Halloween:

In the summer and fall of 2021, the studio will roll out a two-part adaptation of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's Batman: The Long Halloween. Told across 13 issues between 1996 and 1997, this famous story arc is set during the Caped Crusader's early crime-fighting career as he rushes to track down Holiday, a killer whose homicidal crimes are based on different holidays.

So as I was scrolling through the DC content on HBOMax, I came across some special or whatever called Necessary Villains or some such. And man, that's like an hour and 40 minutes I'll never get back. I only stuck with it because of the comic panels they showed. I liked hearing from, you know, the actual people behind the comics, but they also interviewed that asshat Snyder, and also Kreisberg and Guggenheim. It's from 2014, and I guess the last two were included due to the CW's Arrow and The Flash.

At least they had Clancy Brown! And Alan Burnett, and Paul Dini. But they only get Kevin!Fucking!Conroy! for just two sentences????!!!!!! No Mark Hamill? or Bruce Timm?

Snyder can just miss me with his shittalking about how there would be no heroes without Villains or whatever he was saying so smugly. UGH. I mean, in addition to the comic panels, they showed a lot of scenes from Batman: The Animated Series, animated Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, and even from Smallville--and didn't try and get Michael Rosenbaum???

Or even Geoff Johns and others who tried to justify the Villains actually being heroes or worthy of redemption.

Or any of the other voice actors from those two great animated shows???

BLEAGH.

Also on the schedule for this weekend is the screening of the new animated Superman: Man of Tomorrow movie, so if you want to see it for free I believe this is your chance. Don't count on it ever making it to DC Universe.

• Love 1