Type keyword(s) to search

The DC Extended Universe: To Thanagar and Beyond!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Movie updates/trailers incoming at DC FanDome:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/08/26/welcome-back-to-dc-fandome

Get ready to suit up! DC FanDome, the ultimate global fan experience, will return on Saturday, October 16 at 10 a.m. PDT, with an all-new, epic streaming event. The free virtual event will once again welcome fans from around the world to immerse themselves in the DC Multiverse at DCFanDome.com and celebrate the stars and creators of their favorite feature films, live-action and animated television series, games, comics, home entertainment releases, and more. DC FanDome 2021 will also be available on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, giving fans more ways to watch the events unfolding in DC FanDome’s Hall of Heroes. Additionally, DC Kids FanDome will launch the same day with a special kid-friendly experience accessed separately at DCKidsFanDome.com.

Warner Bros. Pictures will showcase six highly anticipated titles with an exclusive new trailer for The Batman, new content from DC League of Super-Pets, a first look at Black Adam, a sneak peek at The Flash, and behind the scenes looks at Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and Shazam! Fury of the Gods.

Warner Bros Home Entertainment will preview two upcoming original DC Animated Films: a sneak peek at Superman and the rest of the Justice League in Injustice, an all-new animated movie inspired by the popular games and comic, as well as the premiere of the trailer for the all-new animated heist movie Catwoman: Hunted. Both movies are produced in association with Warner Bros. Animation.

Edited by Trini

In the full video below, DC's Chief Creative Officer and Publisher Jim Lee explains what makes the DC Universe different from "other fictional superhero universes" (4 things: iconic characters that stand for ideals, sidekicks, fictional cities, and the DC multiverse)...

Full video link:
DC MULTIVERSE 101 WITH JIM LEE
https://media.dcfandome.com/videos/904b6b23-792e-44b3-a24e-e84c1ce5d444/index.html 

Edited by tv echo

DC FanDome 2021 All Star Talent Lineup Announcement | DC
DC    Oct 4, 2021

DC FanDome: Here's The Full List Of Everyone Coming
By KOFI OUTLAW - October 4, 2021
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-fandome-guest-star-celebrities-list-2021/ 

Below you can find the full lineup of stars and talent that will be part of DC FanDome 2021:

• Adil El Arbi 
  • AJ Hudson 
  • Aldis Hodge 
  • Alex Garfin 
  • Aline Diniz 
  • Angel Manuel Soto 
  • Ann Lemay 
  • Anson Mount 
  • Ava DuVernay 
  • Azie Tesfai 
  • Bilall Fallah 
  • Bruce Timm 
  • Cam Newton 
  • Camrus Johnson 
  • Candice Patton 
  • Chris Wood 
  • Christian Convery 
  • Christina Hodson 
  • Chukwudi Iwuji 
  • Chyler Leigh 
  • Danielle Brooks 
  • David Harewood 
  • Denys Cowan 
  • Donald Mustard 
  • Dwayne Johnson 
  • Echo Kellum 
  • Ed Boon 
  • Elizabeth Gillies 
  • Elizabeth Tulloch 
  • Erico Borgo 
  • Ezra Miller 
  • Flula Borg 
  • Freddie Stroma 
  • Gaby Cam 
  • Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer 
  • Gino Quillamor 
  • Grant Gustin
  • Hynden Walch
  • Jacob Bertrand 
  • James Gunn 
  • James Tucker 
  • Jason Momoa 
  • Jayden Rodrigues 
  • Javicia Leslie 
  • Jeffrey Brown 
  • Jennifer Holland 
  • Jeremy Gordan 
  • Jesse Rath 
  • Jim Lee 
  • J.J. Abrams 
  • John Cena 
  • John Ridley 
  • Jordan Elsass 
  • Julie Gonzalo 
  • Justin Hartley
  •  Kaci Walfall 
  • Kaley Cuoco 
  • Katie McGrath
  •  Leslie Grace 
  • Lynda Carter 
  • Matt Bomer 
  • Matt Reeves 
  • Mehcad Brooks 
  • Melissa Benoist 
  • Nicole Maines 
  • Nandi Bushell 
  • Noah Centineo 
  • Patrick Redding 
  • Patty Jenkins 
  • Peta Sergeant 
  • Pierce Brosnan 
  • Quintessa Swindell 
  • Rachel Skarsten 
  • Reggie Hudlin 
  • Roberto Patino 
  • Robert Pattinson 
  • Ron Funches 
  • Scott Menville 
  • Scott Snyder 
  • Sefton Hill 
  • Staz Nair 
  • Steve Agee 
  • Tara Strong 
  • Terry LTAM 
  • Tiffany Smith 
  • Todd McFarlane 
  • Tyler Hoechlin 
  • Xolo Mariduena 
  • Yahya Abdul -Mateen II 
  • Zachary Levi 
  • Zoe Kravitz

Edited by tv echo

Notable that the teams/stars for Blue Beetle and Batgirl are listed. I don't think those projects were included in previous announcements. Also the producer(?) of the Static Shock is listed.

Other than looking literally (not figuratively) too dark, it looks as though it will be what people expect and want from a Batman movie.

I heard that this was supposed to be a true detective noir thriller.  I don’t think that necessarily came across in the trailer (which looked like a brooding, suspenseful beat-‘em-up action movie).

It actually looks, aesthetic-wise, like it would fit in Nolan’s conception of the character.

Ezra Miller's attire in that video is...something.  I'm not that interested in his version of The Flash.  I watched it to see if he would have that absurd posture when he's running like he did in original recipe Justice League.  Smart of the editors to not show him running at all.   

I wasn't remotely interested in Black Adam, but the teaser sparked my interest.      

Black Adam -- Happy for The Rock that his passion project is getting made. It looks fine; but I'm still not interested.

Shazam: FotG -- 2023?? Those kids are going to be drinking age by the time it comes out!

The Flash -- Oh, actual proof that this movie is happening! (Still no release date, though) Not sold yet on the light up suit, but it's better than the previous suit. Cowl is still wonky, though. Still don't like that Supergirl and Batmen will be in this for whatever reasons. Multiple Barry Allens might be interesting -- I could see them referencing Ezra's cameo in the CW TV universe.

The Batman -- I'm in on this younger, more reckless Batman.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

In case you missed it...

DC FanDome 2021
DC    Oct 16, 2021

0:00 - Countdown
0:44 - DC FanDome Opening from DC Talent
2:14 - DC Sizzle Reel
4:11 - Welcome to the Hall of Heroes
4:46 - DC FanDome Host Introductions
7:36 - BLACK ADAM - Introduction
8:31 - BLACK ADAM - Dwayne Johnson
10:21 - BLACK ADAM - First Look
11:45 - Tiffany Smith talks with Grant Gustin
13:58 - News Flash - THE FLASH Costume
15:24 - DC Fan Art
16:08 - AQUAMAN
16:59 - AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM
19:28 - Flula Borg
20:07 - AQUAMAN: KING OF ATLANTIS
22:12 - Jayden Rodrigues
22:49 - Milestone
29:09 - Milestone Animated Movie Announcement
33:03 - Jayden Rodrigues
33:22 - DC Fan Cosplay
34:09 - Jayden Rodrigues
34:24 - News Flash - DC Publishing
35:57 - Flula Borg
37:29 - SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer
40:22 - Flula Borg
41:29 - THE SUICIDE SQUAD - King Shark Nom Nom Music Video
42:54 - Flula Borg
43:32 - THE SUICIDE SQUAD - Thank You
44:31 - John Cena
45:11 - PEACEMAKER Panel
56:19 - Peacemaker Teaser Trailer
59:05 - Grant Gustin
59:43 - Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch
1:00:32 - SUPERMAN & LOIS Behind the Scenes Set Tour
1:04:24 - A Farewell to SUPERGIRL
1:14:32 - STARGIRL Special Sneak Peek
1:16:37 - MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN
1:17:00 - News Flash: Superman Publishing
1:20:45 - Cam Newton’s Meshika
1:23:09 - DC LEAGUE OF SUPER-PETS
1:24:37 - Pets Cosplay + Fan art
1:25:59 - Matt Bomer
1:26:50 - DOOM PATROL Sneak Peek + Cast Shoutout
1:29:32 - THE FLASH Sneak Peek
1:31:40 - DC Spotlight: John Ridley
1:35:00 - News Flash: THE SANDMAN
1:36:20 - INJUSTICE
1:39:15 - INJUSTICE Panel
1:44:18 - INJUSTICE Sneak Peek
1:47:28 - DC Spotlight: BLUE BEETLE
1:51:06 - SMALLVILLE 20th Anniversary
1:52:36 - TIffany Smith interviews Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum
1:55:22 - Other SMALLVILLE guests who wanted to say hi
2:01:09 - Newsflash MONKEY PRINCE
2:01:53 - GOTHAM KNIGHTS Game Host Jacicia Leslie Intro
2:03:09 - GOTHAM KNIGHTS Content
2:05:23 - GOTHAM KNIGHTS BTS Court of Owls
2:08:39 - Javicia Leslie Host Throw
2:09:10 - Javicia Leslie/Rachel Skarsten set up BATWOMAN
2:10:03 - Batwoman content
2:11:10 - Javicia Leslie/Rachel Skarsten set up 
2:11:28 - Sneak Peek: Batwoman & Alice Team Up
2:13:00 - Javicia Leslie host throw to Camrus Johnson
2:13:15 - Camrus Johnson Batwing Intro
2:13:51 - DC Spotlight: Batwing
2:15:31 Camrus Johnson Wrap Up
2:17:23 News Flash Round Robin & Still to Come
2:18:11 Hosts Erico and Aline set up Catwoman
2:19:03 Elizabeth Gillies set up Catwoman Hunted
2:19:41 Catwoman: Hunted
2:21:02 Elizabeth Gillies set up 2022 Animation Slate
2:22:22 Erico and Aline set up DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
2:22:51 DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
2:25:26 - Batwheels
2:26:41 - Batman: Unburied with Gina Rodriguez, Winston Duke
2:28:41 - Neymar announcing the upcoming THE BATMAN x PUMA partnership
2:29:51 - DC Spotlight: BATGIRL
2:33:09 - Brenton Thwaites intros for TITANS clip
2:34:43 - TITANS S3 season finale first look
2:36:57 - Harley Quinn and King Shark; preview for HARLEY QUINN S3
2:40:32 - BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER
2:46:13 - LUDIA’s Heroes and Villains
2:47:59 - McFarlane Toys and DC Direct
2:51:02 - Sneak peek for YOUNG JUSTICE S4
2:53:18 - Sneak peek for DMZ
2:56:39 - NAOMI
3:00:57 - Asher and Zac introduce SHAZAM: FURY OF THE GODS
3:02:02 - BTS on SHAZAM: FURY OF THE GODS
3:04:10 - Highlights about Wonder Woman for WW80
3:05:13 - Conversation with Patty Jenkins and Lynda Carter
3:09:47 - Tiffany Smith talks about the Unilever x WW partnership
3:11:45 - The Meaning/History of Wonder Woman
3:14:23 - WW Spin Challenge on TikTok #WonderWomanSpinChallenge
3:15:05 - News Flash: Trial of the Amazons
3:16:17 - SWEETH TOOTH and with Q&A Christian Convery
3:20:39 - PENNYWORTH
3:22:11 - Tiffany Smith talks with Jim Lee
3:26:36 - BTS on THE BATMAN production with Matt, Robert, and Zoe
3:24:58 - THE BATMAN trailer
3:38:43 - Thank You Reel

OR - watch just the trailers all in one place...

DC FanDome: See All the Trailers From ‘Batman,’ ‘Flash,’ ‘Black Adam,’ ‘Peacemaker’ and More
By Selome Hailu, Jordan Moreau     Oct 16, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/dc-fandome-trailers-news-1235089703/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Wonder Woman 3’: Patty Jenkins Confirms Threequel At DC FanDome
By Anthony D'Alessandro   October 16, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/10/wonder-woman-3-patty-jenkins-confirms-threequel-at-dc-fandome-1234857072/ 

Wonder Woman franchise director Patty Jenkins and Lynda Carter spoke today about the DC femme superhero’s resonance during DC FanDome today, and in the course of that conversation, the former confirmed that the threequel is still in the works.

“We’re super excited about Wonder Woman 3. Gal (Gadot), who is so bummed about not being here, who’s the busiest person in the world, with now three little kids and shooting,” said Jenkins.

“We are all three very excited about some things coming up with Wonder Woman 3″ added Jenkins while keeping the lid on the next film.

Wonder Woman 3 is coming!” beamed Carter.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Includes bits and pieces of theme music from DC superhero movies and shows...

The Making of the DC FanDome Theme Song | DC FanDome
DC   Oct 16, 2021

DC Super Hero Theme | A Time for Heroes [DC FanDome Version] - Blake Neely | WaterTower
WaterTower Music  Oct 15, 2021

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Here’s hoping it’s better than WW1984.

Hopefully they learned their lesson about giving Patty Jenkins de facto full control.  No matter how good they are every creative type is going to have a few bad ideas and someone needs to be there to tell them no (say, maybe having Steve inhabit the body of this random guy isn't a good idea). 

• Love 7

‘Batgirl’: Brendan Fraser To Play Villain In New Warner Bros And DC Pic Starring Leslie Grace
By Justin Kroll   October 25, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/10/batgirl-brendan-fraser-leslie-grace-1234861890/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Brendan Fraser is set to join Leslie Grace in Warner Bros and DC Films’ Batgirl. Although not confirmed, sources believe Fraser would play the supervillain Firefly in the pic. Jacob Scipio also recently joined the cast, with Grace on board to play Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl. Bad Boys for Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are helming.

The film will bow on HBO Max, marking one of the first major DC properties to debut exclusively on the streamer. Christina Hodson penned the script with Kristin Burr producing.

While plot details are under wraps, it is known that Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, will be the character behind the cape in this version. Gordon is the most established version of the Batgirl character and was first introduced in 1961 as Betty Kane.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Leslie Grace gave us her Batgirl costume reveal... kinda sorta!

You know, I have to give her props... especially for digging that song out!

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 1

The trailer was interesting but I kind of wish the other pets were of the other superheroes.  Even going with the same plot, having Ace the Bathound for Krypto to bounce off of would have been nice and add a bit of humor on the difference of Batman and Superman's method of training.

• Love 1

Agree... I wish they had used existing Super-Pets as well, especially since some reports I saw said that the squirrel was going to be Ch'p, late of the Green Lantern Corps!

Also... Batgirl Begins!

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 2

Ben Affleck is done worrying about what other people think
BY JOSH ROTTENBERG    JAN. 7, 2022
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-01-07/ben-affleck-tender-bar-amazon 

In 2016, I interviewed you three times — for “Batman v Superman,” “The Accountant” and “Live by Night” — and I got the sense that you were under a lot of pressure. Shortly after that, you dropped out of directing and starring in “The Batman” and sought treatment for your drinking. Was that when your priorities changed?
Directing “Batman” is a good example. I looked at it and thought, “I’m not going to be happy doing this. The person who does this should love it.” You’re supposed to always want these things, and I probably would have loved doing it at 32 or something. But it was the point where I started to realize it’s not worth it. It’s just a wonderful benefit of reorienting and recalibrating your priorities that once it started being more about the experience, I felt more at ease.

It was really “Justice League” that was the nadir for me. That was a bad experience because of a confluence of things: my own life, my divorce, being away too much, the competing agendas and then [director] Zack [Snyder]’s personal tragedy [Snyder’s daughter Autumn died by suicide in 2017] and the reshooting. It just was the worst experience. It was awful. It was everything that I didn’t like about this. That became the moment where I said, “I’m not doing this anymore.” It’s not even about, like, “Justice League” was so bad. Because it could have been anything.

Edited by tv echo
On 12/22/2021 at 6:58 PM, Trini said:

'Michael Keaton Joining ‘Batgirl’'

So, I guess he's the only Batman actor willing to reprise the role? Since they weren't casting another actor for Batman when they're trying to establish Pattinson's version (who wouldn't fit the story for Batgirl).

Is it an unpopular opinion to say that I think Michael Keaton was one of the worst big-screen Batmans?    He was stiff as hell and lacking anything resembling a personality.   Which is ironic because Michael Keaton carried entire movies on the basis of his personality alone -- his work in Night Shift and Mr. Mom was sheer genius.

Not even nostalgia can make me want to see Keaton's Batman again.  I would love to forget both movies if I could.   Really looking forward to Pattinson's version, but it seems Bat-Keaton's going to be everywhere in the near future.  WTF?

• Love 2