Type keyword(s) to search

The DC Extended Universe: To Thanagar and Beyond!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

And bring back Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman! I’m telling you this movie would make soooooOOOOO much money.

I'd be totally up for that, although I never actually watched BB. I do know Catwoman was a non-entity in that show, so they could do whatever they liked with her.

I also have no problem with Pattinson; I've never seen him in anything so I have no reason to be concerned.

Pattinson was charming and likeable in Goblet of Fire and hates Twilight as much as anyone so I'll give him a chance if this casting is true.

Keaton still (jokingly) refers to himself as Batman so there's really no reason not to do an Old Man Bats movie. I'm on the fence about Michelle because, while she's always excellent, I really really hate what Burton did to Selina in that movie. If they actually wrote the character as Selina Kyle rather than Weird Zombie Who Likes Cats then I can get on board.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Latest rumor for Wonder Woman 1984:

Reveal spoiler

Sam Worthington and Alicia Vikander as Hawkman and Hawkgirl.  Google seems to believe it.

ugh - Is Hollywood still trying to make that guy happen? I'm fine with those characters showing up, but not that casting.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Latest rumor for Wonder Woman 1984:

Reveal spoiler

Sam Worthington and Alicia Vikander as Hawkman and Hawkgirl.  Google seems to believe it.

Seriously? As much as I'd like to campion a fellow Aussie, he's a lump of wood and I don't believe he can change.

So, this story came out today (from a place I typically have no better than 50% confidence in), but then this confirmation happened...

Tom King, who just left (or was taken off of) Batman, wrote the acclaimed Mister Miracle series last year that the New Gods movie is supposed to be heavily based on.  Ava, as stated previously, will be directing.

Aside to @Bruinsfan: we gonna win it at home this year?
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Tom King, who just left (or was taken off of) Batman, wrote the acclaimed Mister Miracle series last year that the New Gods movie is supposed to be heavily based on.  Ava, as stated previously, will be directing.

I wish the creative team the best of luck. Remember when people thought Guardians of the Galaxy was too fringe for the general public?

(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, xaxat said:
On 5/29/2019 at 11:27 PM, MarkHB said:

I wish the creative team the best of luck. Remember when people thought Guardians of the Galaxy was too fringe for the general public?

Based on King's take in the Mister Miracle miniseries, he'll be able to take the 'fringe' and bring it down to earth (figuratively and literally).

Plus, I think that with stuff like Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy being received positively, studios seem to be willing to take a chance with adapting more offbeat comic properties.

Edited by Trini

I didn't get my wish on casting for Batman, but here's my dream list for other characters in it:

Alfred- Hugh Laurie

Catwoman/Selina Kyle- Jodie Comer

Commissioner Gordon- Bryan Cranston

• Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, Trini said:

ugh - Is Hollywood still trying to make that guy happen? I'm fine with those characters showing up, but not that casting.

IKR. I think both castings are uninspired. They are both so rethread and unnecessarily safe, especially when compared to the casting of Gal Gadot. 

• Love 1

The Hall H decision is surprising, given that DC has three movies between this SDCC and the next one. But another announcement came out that DC and WB will have a massive side-by-side presence on the con floor, so for those attending that should be cool.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Trini said:

Man, I didn't realize this wasn't coming out until next summer.

It was originally this November, but then they pushed it back both to not crowd Joker and also get their June slot back.  The IMAX schedule this summer is insane: Godzilla this week, then Dark Phoenix, MIB International, Toy Story 4, Annabelle and then Spider-Man all in successive weeks, then 2 weeks until Lion King, but after that nothing right now until Joker (so Marvel and Disney have the IMAX screens from the 4th of July until October).

• Useful 1

I think I would like the poster better if it didn’t look so much (to me) like her head’s been photoshopped onto her body.  It may not actually be - it may just be a weird effect of the colors.  But it just looks odd to me.

• Love 1

Tom King quote about the New Gods movie:

King also had to field questions from military fans who were disappointed that he’s leaving Batman at the end of 2019, well before completing his planned 100-issue run. But at least he’s leaving for a good cause: writing a big-screen version of Jack Kirby’s classic DC series New Gods, to be directed by Ava DuVernay. “We want it to be a love letter to Jack Kirby,” King says of what he and the When They See Us auteur have planned for the film. “It’s like his White Album, where he had no one to stop him so he lets his true id out. The great scenes that he wanted in that book — scenes of war and love and loss — will be in the movie.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/batman-dc-comics-tom-king-jim-lee-uso-tour-212135347.html

• Love 1

I dont hate Pattinson as Batman, I am just trying to imagine what a Robert Pattinson would be like. Clearly not like an older Batfleck alien racist, but I dont see him as a growley Bale Batman either. It should be interesting at the very least.

• Love 1

Now that Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler and Firefly have been officially confirmed for the new Batman movie, I'm reiterating again that I really hope Jodie Comer gets a shot at Catwoman. Supposedly she was on the list of names floating around when they were casting Birds of Prey, so she's on their radar from before.

God, she was born to play that part. This is the one fan casting I've ever done where I feel just 100% absolutely certain this is the perfect person for the role and anyone else wouldn't be as good.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Trini said:

I really like the colors and the implied 'W' in the poster!

D8UWzJeWwAAjQcM.jpg

Man, I didn't realize this wasn't coming out until next summer.

Every time I look at this, I get Queen's "Flash" in my head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Miller and the top level WB execs are the only people associated with the project from the beginning until now, right?

I don't keep up with the moves of studio execs, but the WB CEO recently got replaced.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Miller and the top level WB execs are the only people associated with the project from the beginning until now, right?

On 7/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, Trini said:

I don't keep up with the moves of studio execs, but the WB CEO recently got replaced.

I would say that the only relevant top-level exec left who has been around since the original 10-film slate announcement is Toby Emmerich.

This rumor came out a few days ago, but DC Daily ran it as a news item today so it's confirmed: Nathan Fillion has taken an unnamed role in The Suicide Squad.  The kicker is, there are rumors that Taika Waititi is also in talks for that film... which makes me wonder if we might have a cameo by Hal Jordan and Tom Kalmaku!  (Fillion has voiced Jordan in animation quite a few times, and looks the part of an older Hal perfectly... and Waititi played Tom in the Ryan Reynolds movie.) I'd be stunned, to be honest, but it's cool to think about.

Cast breakdown, although James Gunn recently said on Twitter that some roles have been misreported even by reliable news sources.

Returning cast (presumed same characters from Suicide Squad):

Jai Courtney: Digger Harkness /  Captain Boomerang

Joel Kinnaman: Rick Flag

Viola Davis: Amanda Waller

Margot Robbie: Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn

Reported/rumored new castings are under this spoiler tag...

Spoiler

David Dastmalchian: Polka-Dot Man (he confirmed this himself on social media)

John Cena: Believed to be Peacekeeper

Flula Borg: rumored to be someone's love interest

Steve Agee: rumored to be the voice of King Shark

Daniela Melchior: Ratcatcher

I have no evidence on this part, but I'm getting my hopes up: Nathan Fillion has many times been the voice of Hal Jordan in the DC animated films (and he looks the part), and Taika Waititi played Hal's friend Tom Kalmaku in the 2011 Green Lantern film that is not canon to the DCEU. Given that both of those castings came out around the same time, I'd be psyched if Nathan were playing Hal, Taika is playing Tom, and they stipulated that he had been called off-world by the Guardians during the Steppenwolf invasion.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I went to see It Part 2 yesterday, and just before it started, red balloons started filling the screen, and then Margot Robbie as Poison Ivy showed up, smashing all the balloons, and said, "I'm so fucking tired of clowns."

That teaser wasn't officially released, but a good leak is posted in the Birds of Prey movie thread.