Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I dont know anything about how these things proceed, but I don't think it's a good sign the police haven't pressed charges. They have physical evidence as well as a tape recording of him admitting to some of it made with the police's assistance. So they have all that and won't press charges? They must be concerned about having a successful case.

And if they don't press charges he will likely play again at some point. 

ATM all I'm aware of is the hearing re the restraining order....again unless I'm missing something which is possible.

Eta also assuming the reports I read are accurate.

Edited by cleo
(edited)

The Cubs traded Joc Peterson to Atlanta. Bryant, Baez and Rizzo are rumored to be available.

Remember a couple of years ago when people thought Theo Epstein might be developing a dynastic team?

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Remember a couple of years ago when people thought Theo Epstein might be developing a dynastic team?

Well, Kyle Schwarber is with the Nats now, so I'm happy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here? I'm a Blue Jays fan and I didn't comment bc I didn't want to. Nothing to do with hate.

I don't comment on Trout, Tatis, Soto, and most other players bc I'm not fans of the team, I'm indifferent, I'm tired of hearing about them, on and on lots of reasons, it seldom has anything to do with hate.

Edited by cleo

Vladdy came into camp last year overweight and played horribly. A trainer and a nutritionist helped him this year to live up to his full potential. Good for him to finally be the ballplayer he always had the talent to be.

• Love 5

I just love the noise that Vladdy’s HR made Joe Buck make.  Also Tatis (who is incredibly handsome, by the way.  Who knew?) immediately knowing that ball was leaving the park as soon as Vladdy hit it.

Also love this T-Mobile ad; it’s the best one I’ve seen so far.  “That’s not where you’re supposed to stand, buddy!”

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Not even one comment on Vladdy's amazing performance at the All-Star game.  The hate is strong.

Congratulations to Pete Alonso!

I don't think it's hate. It's indifference for the ASG in general. I don't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched it. 

• Love 6

My hubby and I got hitched on July 13, 1996, and we always take vacation the week that date falls on.  We have watched the ASG from hotels in Cape Cod, Rhode Island, Bangor and Bar Harbor, Maine and the Adirondack Park, among others.  We never miss it!

• Love 8

I like Vladdy a lot . I really like Tatis .

I was more excited for JT Realmuto's home run because I'm a Phillies fan. I also was really annoyed that Zack Wheeler got one batter in the 9th despite behind amount the league leaders in ERA , Strikeouts etc.

The logical side of me Tuesday: Its probably best if he doesnt pitch at all hes pitched a lot of innings and I don't want him hurt on a game that does no even count.

The not so logical side of me. That bum Dave Roberts disrespecting Zack Wheeler. You chose this guy over Zack.  I'm glad Vladdy just teed off on him . 😂

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I think I lost interest in the ASG when interleague play became a constant.

I think it's possible that people lost in baseball when interleague play became a constant.  Maybe not in 1997 but starting after that?  Meh.  I'd possibly respect it outright if the DH was included in the National League to coincide with those players facing American League players outside the All Star Game & the fall classic on an annual basis

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Is Gary Thorne calling the Mets game on SNY?

Oh for heaven's sake - is there nothing the Mets will not do to crush my Orioles soul???  

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, mojoween said:

I figured out the Yankees problem…they keep hitting the ball where the defenders are standing.  They should stop doing that.

Now I have this image of Mojoween as the bench coach for the Yankees. Chewing a big wad of bubble gum, pulling Boone aside and telling him, "You know what Skip, I've got an idea."

• LOL 13

Got around to getting a discounted ticket. It’ll be for a game suspended in the top of the first, so it’ll probably be seven innings. Bright side? Eighty. Percent. Discount. I paid more on fees.

Nothing like peeking from the DVR to see the Mets blow a lead late in the game, then flipping back to DVR in the hope not watching will help them.

It didn’t.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Remember what I said about 7-inning Mets games being helpful? 

You might have a point. Also, deGrom is getting extra rest and Lindor is going on the injured list. Bright side: I don't think any of the Mets have to worry about pneumonia . . . unlike the Yankees and Red Sox. A few days sick at home might benefit the more *ahem* "spirited" Yankees fans.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:17 AM, Moose135 said:

From all he has done as commissioner, I'm convinced Rob Manfred doesn't actually like baseball.

And when it's all said and done, but 2035, for his efforts of overseeing the sport for the money, people will look at him as a more worthy candidate than a lot of other former players for Cooperstown and reward him

• Love 1
(edited)

*wakes up from nap*

*flips to SNY*

*rewinds from Saratoga stuff to postgame show*

*sees that the Mets won*

”And THAT’S why I don’t watch!!!”

When I was awake,I flipped and saw them narrowing the lead, so I flipped away. I think it’s weird for someone to NOT do that. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

ETA: Saw the play. What was Taijuan thinking? He tried to push a ball foul, argued with the ump as the Pirates ran around the bases, and he got ejected. Unreal.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Flipping around, see the Mets up 3-0 on the Reds. Have dinner, watch TV . . . and they’re down 7-3. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

ETA: Real talk . . . is any lead safe in baseball these days? “We’re gonna make a comeback!” “Dude. Your team is down ten runs. It’s the ninth inning. One out away from ending the game. You haven’t had a hit since the first inning.” “So . . . you agree that there’s a chance?”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
(edited)

So the Nats beat the Marlins 18 - 1 last night. 😃

The Nats may not be a very good team overall, but damn it, when we're good, we're GOOD.

Edited by Kawaiiko
i need to clarify WHEN they beat the marlins. sigh.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Hey @Lantern7, are you OK out there? 😛

(I almost posted when the Mets tied it up at 7, but decided not to because I’m the World’s Greatest Jinx™️.)

Flipped over twice when they the lead, and they blew both. Checked ESPN.com, found out they were up by five runs, but I didn’t flip back.

Its like you’re Odysseus, and the TV showing your team winning is like the sirens. Does that make sense?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Kawaiiko said:

So the Nats beat the Marlins 18 - 1 last night. 😃

The Nats may not be a very good team overall, but damn it, when we're good, we're GOOD.

I like to read this thread, but really haven't posted much. But I have to say, as a Padres fan, I really enjoyed the games this season with the Nationals, and I'm really happy we don't have to see Juan Soto (love him), Turner, or Harrison (so much fun in the outfield) again lol. They are good, and the games were fun.

• Love 2

Does anyone know how many team networks are not sending TV color and play by play guys out on the road? I know the Mets and Pirates announcers are doing road games in the home studio, any others?