Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Drama Detox

• Start Topic

The ladies travel to the Philippines in an effort to bring the group together. A no-show for the trip is NeNe, who instead chooses to work on her upcoming Broadway role. Also: Phaedra and Claudia bond; dinner drama spoils the group's newfound harmony.

I didn't think it was boring, maybe because there was no NeNe and the girls actually were doing some fun things without anyone pitching a hissy fit.

I'd prefer seeing them laughing, going to exotic places, or let's see some of the fun stuff there is to do in Atlanta or nearby. We can have an ocassional flare-up but I actually laughed at this show for the first time in I cannot remember how long.

• Love 18

I can't stand Phaedra, but when she said she doesn't drink coffee, but her butt would probably like a sip....I died! That was hysterical to me. Porsha can leave my screen. Just ugh.

• Love 5

I didn't think it was boring, maybe because there was no NeNe and the girls actually were doing some fun things without anyone pitching a hissy fit.

I'd prefer seeing them laughing, going to exotic places, or let's see some of the fun stuff there is to do in Atlanta or nearby. We can have an ocassional flare-up but I actually laughed at this show for the first time in I cannot remember how long.

I smiled and laughed out loud a couple of times too.  I enjoyed them getting along and having fun.  We've been talking about Cynthia and Porsha's larger behinds and I was tickled when they talked about it.

I was very happy for Nene and her accolade.  Well done.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 1

How the hell does Kandi have any friends?

Everything is stupid.  She's making judgments about things left and right.  Constantly rolls her eyes and calls people out.  WTF?  Why does she think she's so damn smart?  She CAN'T with Claudia.  She CAN'T with Phaedra.  She CAN'T with Nene.  

Shut.the.fuck.up

Therapy will never work on that bitch.  She's too busy thinking everyone and everything around her is stupid.  Sit down.

• Love 14

This was my first episode in a long time and I liked it. I really enjoyed the ladies having fun, laughing and for the most part enjoying each other's company. Also, Kandi is right about Nene and Phaedra. 

Either way, I look forward to Kenya and Phaedra coming to some type of cease fire. 

I think the ladies would do well without Nene anywhere near them and also, I don't want to see Nene in any kind of spin off either. 

• Love 13

I felt secondhand embarrassment for Kandi when she fell asleep and snored during yoga. Her workout outfit didn't look too comfortable, so maybe that contributed to why she was having such a hard time with the poses.

• Love 1

Also, Kandi is right about Nene and Phaedra.

That was the only thing she was spot-on about. If Phaedra can forget all the shade NeNe threw at her over the years, all the names she called her....she can get over it with Kenya. Because it was her asshole husband who got them fighting in the first place with his lies.

I think Kandi had Spanx or something on underneath those yoga pants. It looked really odd when she was in one of the poses. I can't remember who said it, but yeah...girl...if you're going to be selling sex toys, you better be a lot more limber than that. LOL!!

• Love 10

I don't understand why Kenya feels like she is owed an apology just because she gave an apology. I never get that with these women. People will apologize when they feel it in their hearts and if Phaedra isn't feeling it she shouldn't be obligated to give one.

• Love 10

I don't FF through much on any of the Housewives shows, but when NeNe starts with the STAR stuff and her rehearsals, I'm bored to tears and - bam!, hit that button! However, I did come in on the end where she was doing her reading, and wow, did she stink!

Funny, though, how everyone was ready to say the only toxic problem was NeNe amongst the girls, but it wasn't NeNe who converged on Phaedra demanding to know about the person they assumed she was sleeping with. However, aside from that, yep, NeNe is generally the issue.

The resort is beautiful!

I don't get that Kandi thought Phaedra should easily get over how Kenya was always so eager to make her think there was something going on with Apollo, flirting with him and all that nonsense. Just because Kenya wants to revise history and act as if everyone should have known all along that there was nothing going on, does not mean that she didn't cause Phaedra a lot of anguish with all that gleeful flirting. I like Kandi, but sometimes I just don't get how she thinks certain things should just get passed over. I'm not one to try to hold grudges, but sometimes things are just over the top, like her mom. I even have managed to like Kenya a little better lately, but I certainly don't expect Phaedra to do so. Especially after her sneak attack along with Cynthia.

Geez, Portia, shut it up! She was so inappropriate and then that "I won't be shushed" stuff is BS.

It looks like forgiveness will happen next week, and even though I didn't expect it, I'm very glad to hear it.

• Love 4

Did y'all catch when the guy with NeNe told her not to use any "urban" phrases? In other words, stick to the script and try to pronounce all the words properly. And she was having a hard time doing that. I'm sure she was fine by the time the curtain rose, but at the same time....that was sort of embarrassing.

• Love 19

This was my first episode in a long time and I liked it. I really enjoyed the ladies having fun, laughing and for the most part enjoying each other's company. Also, Kandi is right about Nene and Phaedra. 

Either way, I look forward to Kenya and Phaedra coming to some type of cease fire. 

I think the ladies would do well without Nene anywhere near them and also, I don't want to see Nene in any kind of spin off either. 

I second all this!  However, there would be one advantage to NeNe having a spinoff. We wouldn't have to tune in at all, and she'd probably be off RHOA. On second thought...

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Gregg's Hermes hat outside the theater confirmed just how screwed they will be when bravo money is gone. They are spending money on the most ridiculous luxury items.

When Claudia mimicked Porsha's walk, I thought she was just being bratty... then when Porsha did the walk herself? I died. That is why I watch these shows. That scene alone made me glad we are still seeing Porsha.

• Love 9

I can't stand Phaedra, but when she said she doesn't drink coffee, but her butt would probably like a sip....I died! That was hysterical to me.

I was going to same thing. I can't stand her, either, but that was funny. I laughed out loud, and looked around to see if anyone saw!

Cuz that's my thing with Phaedra - I don't understand how she stays on the show - because she only "brings it" in her TH's. With the ladies, she says nothing.. With Claudia over lunch: "I'm very private. I'm not talking about my divorce. Now let me interview you.". With Cynthia at that other lunch - she got up and left. In the flashback scene with Kenya - she said not a word, and started fussing with her breast pump. With Kandi, in a much earlier scene when Kandi was trying to ask about the Apollo drama and show support, again, she offered nothing. Hey, a lot of people live in denial, or don't like talking about problems or issues. But how are you able to do this when you get cast on a reality show and cash that check?

• Love 5

I don't get that Kandi thought Phaedra should easily get over how Kenya was always so eager to make her think there was something going on with Apollo, flirting with him and all that nonsense. Just because Kenya wants to revise history and act as if everyone should have known all along that there was nothing going on, does not mean that she didn't cause Phaedra a lot of anguish with all that gleeful flirting. I like Kandi, but sometimes I just don't get how she thinks certain things should just get passed over. I'm not one to try to hold grudges, but sometimes things are just over the top, like her mom. I even have managed to like Kenya a little better lately, but I certainly don't expect Phaedra to do so. Especially after her sneak attack along with Cynthia.

I think Kandi only brought this up because Phaedra suggested that Kandi needed to extend an olive branch to Nene.  Kandi basically said that if Phaedra can forgive Nene for all of the mean things that Nene has said about Phaedra, then Phaedra should be able to forgive Kenya.

• Love 2

Kandi basically said that if Phaedra can forgive Nene for all of the mean things that Nene has said about Phaedra, then Phaedra should be able to forgive Kenya.

Yes.  She forgave all the talk about Nene saying she did not know her back in the day;  then there were the head doctor comments.  I think Kandi is wise to not get caught up in Phaedra's manipulations.

• Love 3

I think Kenya needs to watch the flashbacks of her 'apologies' and 'moving on' comments before she keeps with this I apologized you didn't mess. It's fake and she tries to knock the other person down in her comments as she did to Phaedra at dinner, but don't dare say anything about her (Kenya). It is not revision history if you trying to work it out honestly when you haven't talked about it.

I'm losing much interest in this series which is a bummer.

I have to agree on the comments about Phaedra butt coffee sip. LOL!

I can't with Claudia much either lol. You are not the Godfather! LOL!

Edited by Llama
  • Love 6

I was going to same thing. I can't stand her, either, but that was funny. I laughed out loud, and looked around to see if anyone saw!

Cuz that's my thing with Phaedra - I don't understand how she stays on the show - because she only "brings it" in her TH's. With the ladies, she says nothing.. With Claudia over lunch: "I'm very private. I'm not talking about my divorce. Now let me interview you.". With Cynthia at that other lunch - she got up and left. In the flashback scene with Kenya - she said not a word, and started fussing with her breast pump. With Kandi, in a much earlier scene when Kandi was trying to ask about the Apollo drama and show support, again, she offered nothing. Hey, a lot of people live in denial, or don't like talking about problems or issues. But how are you able to do this when you get cast on a reality show and cash that check?

That is what I was wondering myself. She has such a wall up that it is almost visible. She shuts things down before it starts. I do understand she has gone through a lot and I know first hand that once you are betrayed you are very, very raw and withdraw to heal. It is very hard to trust ANYONE again. The spousal relationship is supposed to be one of trust-when that is shattered it is hard.

I think they will keep her around for the simple fact she is a possible redemption story-perhaps finding love, raising her adorable kids etc. If she doesn't they will keep her around to cruxify her. This is Andy Cohen we are talking about.

• Love 1

SnarkKitty, that's exactly what I've been saying about Phaedra before this season even began. She knew going in that her life was going to be front and center with Apollo going to prison. And she brought her kids into every episode, and then some, allowing them to be filmed alone with Apollo. Then she says no one can discuss her situation. I have to wonder how much money they paid her to appear this season, and was it worth it in the long run?

Me, personally, I'd have disappeared with my kids to shelter them from the publicity. I'd have never let the breakup of my marriage or the craziness that went on while it happened to have been filmed. And I wouldn't be tooting my horn as being a Christian while dissing other women around me.

I also agree that she puts up a wall when she's in the prescence of others, yet lets the opinions fly when it's just her and the camera.

• Love 8

That is what I was wondering myself. She has such a wall up that it is almost visible. She shuts things down before it starts. I do understand she has gone through a lot and I know first hand that once you are betrayed you are very, very raw and withdraw to heal. It is very hard to trust ANYONE again. The spousal relationship is supposed to be one of trust-when that is shattered it is hard.

But she's always been pretty closed-off about things - it's not just the Apollo divorce/fraud stuff. To me, she's like Teresa on RHONJ, who came on the show flaunting a fake, over-the-top persona. And then when the veneer started to come off, suddenly she's a very "private" person. I also don't buy her Apollo story. Did he mislead her? Maybe, but doubtful. But regardless, she knew a lot more than she's letting on, so this whole betrayal business is nonsense.

Translation: I know you were stunt cast, and I barely know you or your "catch phrases" nor does most of this audience. Shut up and stick to the script and try and handle the one accent.

LOL! Didn't she ask the director if she could say "Bye, Wig," and he looked at her like: say, what?? I guess that's what producers and directors are going to get when they cast someone who says she doesn't need acting classes because they would take away her raw talent.

I also agree that she puts up a wall when she's in the prescence of others, yet lets the opinions fly when it's just her and the camera.

Exactly. She's great in the TH's, but the rest of the show - she's a non-factor. I think that's all about control.

• Love 13

I have up to now thought my inability to apply and lack of eye makeup was a detriment.  Seeing these ladies without it  or at a minimal makes them look so much younger , and comments I get on my own, I will never even attempt eye makeup again.  except mascara, top layer only.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Did y'all catch when the guy with NeNe told her not to use any "urban" phrases? In other words, stick to the script and try to pronounce all the words properly. And she was having a h

The problem with anyone hiring NeNe is the professionals who has to work with her..she wants to speak in two different accents, can she say "hunni"can she say "bye wig", stupid ass that is not a accent.

• Love 11

Cynthia Bailey and Kenya Moore can go fuck themselves for real. Bitch you want an apology after you spread a rumor that I'm having an affair; then invited me to dinner to repeat it so you could have more screen time girl bye. If it weren't for their constant picking at and picking on Phaedra and Porsha what exactly would their storylines be? "Let off the leash" Cynthia sit down..seriously. As someone else said, if Kenya would stop with the revisionist history and offer a sincere apology maybe she and Phaedra could move forward.

I think Todd and Kandi supporting Apollo is the cause of the coolness in Phaedra's and Kandi's relationship. That whole set up trying to convince Phaedra to take the boys to visit Apollo in jail was wrong.

Phaedra's forgiving Nene is strategic. 

It was great not to see Peter.

It was nice to see everyone getting along, it's been so long since we've seen these women have fun that wasn't meanspirited (ie Talls v Smalls).

So has Nene actually seen Cinderella before? Or Once Upon a Time even. If anyone is really concerned about her career they'd give her the dvd stat or take her to the movie currently in theatres so she can figure out who she's playing. 

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 8

So has Nene actually seen Cinderella before? Or Once Upon a Time even.

I felt so much secondhand embarrassment when Nene was rehearsing her lines.  OMG!  Little Cindy Lou in the elementary school play can read lines better than Nene.  And then asking if she can throw her little Nene-isms in there?!  Shut up Nene!!!  You're making yourself look so stupid.  If you were to say "Bye wig" anywhere in this play you would get the same reaction from the audience that you got from the director.  Blank stare and "What was that?"  I don't think the audience that will be going to this play will be reality show viewers.  Maybe just a few who want to see you fail, but I'm guessing the majority are wondering who the hell Nene Leakes is.  I bet that director was like, "Wtf have we gotten ourselves into hiring her?!"  smdh

• Love 12

I think if Phaedra had apologized to Kenya once she heard that Apollo had confessed that all of the sex talk in L.A. was a lie, Kenya would never have opened her mouth again about any of it on this trip. But when they were in the restaurant that time, and Phaedra found out (and was wearing that yellow dress), her only response was something like "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a whore" or whatever (I can't remember exactly).... A) a very un-Christian-like attitude, and B) learn to take the high road and admit you were married to a con man who lies.

I'm really hoping this trip puts it to rest once and for all. Because I'm tired of hearing about it over and over.

• Love 12

My take on this week’s episode

I liked that the ladies were more positive for this trip but it all seemed so contrived and phony to me.  It was like they were trying too hard to have fun.  It wasn’t natural.  All knew why they were on the trip so all were ready for battle.

Nene  didn’t go on the trip.  She didn’t send them any disparaging messages or anything.  So why did these three women spend 20 minutes talking about Nene?  It was suppose to be a trip where they could work out their own feelings with each other which has nothing to do with Nene so there was no reason to bring her up.

Meanwhile it appears that Nene was freaking out about do a live performance.  She spoke in her blogs that she was very nervous because she had never done this before.  It appears she tried to revert to what she was more comfortable with but the director got her back on track.  Her questions may have been lame to us but for her it was her seeking some kind of comfort zone.  Luckily, she did perform well and got major accolades for her performance.

Phaedra looked drained and downtrodden.  It was like she just didn’t really care anymore.  She looked so sad.  I do admire how she handled Claudia’s inquiries about her marriage.  Claudia thought that if she told Phaedra about her problems in her brief marriage, Phaedra would open up to her but that’s the problem I have with Claudia.  She tries to get WAAYYY to personal with people who don’t know her.  I knew Phaedra wasn’t going to tell her anything about her marriage; especially with Claudia being besties with Kenya.  She kept it classy and calm but it was obvious she wasn’t trusting Claudia.

The question of Kandi being there for Phaedra came up and Phaedra also handled that well with saying that every friendship has a point where they are not on the same page but it will get back there

Kandi just bugs me something terrible.  She still didn’t try to see if her “friend” was doing OK or if she needed any comfort.  The first words out of her mouth was ”what did you tell people that I did to you?”  It came off very insensitive.   Also I just can’t get with this ‘Protect and apologize to Kenya” champagne that the converts are pushing.  It is like they, and especially Kandi is pushing Phaedra to apologize and/or forgive Kenya for inserting herself into Phaedra’s marriage.  It is like everyone forgot that none of this would have happened and Phaedra would not have had a problem with Kenya if KENYA HERSELF didn’t start the text rumor and KENYA HERSELF didn’t constantly antagonize Phaedra by flirting and approaching Phaedra’s husband even after she knew full well what it was doing to Phaedra.  Also Kandi also wanted Phaedra to apologize or forgive Cynthia for blasting an unsubstantiated rumor about her marital fidelity before the entire group of women. 

Kandi’s thinking is if Phaedra could forgive Nene for her talk, then she could forgive Cynthia.  Yes, Nene made a remark in private at someone’s home and she apologized for saying that as it was just a rumor and she didn’t know if it was really true.  She didn’t take Phaedra to lunch to further accuse her of the deed.  Cynthia on the other hand is very unrepentant about what she said so no.  She does not deserve any forgiveness.  Even from a Christian woman.  To ask Phaedra at this point with what she has endured and still endures would just be cruel.

Claudia acting as a counselor was just too stupid but Porsha butting in with unnecessary chatter was even more a waste of time.  I kind of understood where she was coming from.  She was already in fight mode because she already knows most of the apologies with this group never lasts pass the trip, she should have respected the process as something could come out of it somehow.  As for them wanting Phaedra to do all of these forgive/apologies, that needs to stop.  They really should back off and let her get through the situation she is in right now.

Was Demetria even there? 

Kenya needs to stop with the wanting an apology for shit she started in the first place.  It wasn’t Apollo who started this it was HER.  The whole whore shaming would not have happened if she didn’t bring up the texts at her first reunion, insinuating there was an affair or at the least, Apollo was lusting after her.  All she had to do is shut up and she should had stopped the texts in the first place.  Phaedra and Apollo’s marriage was heading south anyway.  They didn’t need Kenya inserting herself, helping to speed it up.  

Do I believe anything got resolved on this trip?  Heck no.  Is it Nene’s fault?  No.

• Love 13

Kandi’s thinking is if Phaedra could forgive Nene for her talk, then she could forgive Cynthia. Yes, Nene made a remark in private at someone’s home and she apologized for saying that as it was just a rumor and she didn’t know if it was really true.

Kandi was referring to much more than that, as the clips from past episodes showed. NeNe was making fun of Phaedra on numerous occasions, calling her names, making fun of Apollo and Phaedra's pregnancy date, etc. It was more than just the rumors about Mr. Chocolate, according to what I watched last night.

• Love 4

Kandi was referring to much more than that, as the clips from past episodes showed. NeNe was making fun of Phaedra on numerous occasions, calling her names, making fun of Apollo and Phaedra's pregnancy date, etc. It was more than just the rumors about Mr. Chocolate, according to what I watched last night.

Nene's name calling and cracks on Phaedra were no more damaging than Phaedra's name calling and cracks on Nene as far as I'm concerned.  Tit for tat.  Nene never tried to insert herself in Phaedra's marriage and she never started a smear campaign using videos and prosthetic butt pads to try to discredit Phaedra and make her look bad in public.  Most of all, Nene never tried to sabotage any business venture that Phaedra was trying to undertake.  The things Kenya did against Phaedra were in a far more damaging place than anything Nene did in my opinion and are way less forgivable.  And Cynthia went after Phaedra for no good reason other than trying to hurt her because Kenya doesn't like her.  Phaedra never did anything against Cynthia to make her do that.  I don't blame Phaedra for not even giving Cynthia the time of day.  Nene on the other hand extended a sympathetic ear to her when she was basically left to her own devices without a friend for support, not even her thoughtless self centered supposedly best friend Kandi.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 11

Did y'all catch when the guy with NeNe told her not to use any "urban" phrases? In other words, stick to the script and try to pronounce all the words properly. And she was having a hard time doing that. I'm sure she was fine by the time the curtain rose, but at the same time....that was sort of embarrassing.

The director was trying to say that unlike her previous roles, where she only played herself, in this role, she actually needs to portray the character as written and leave "Nene" at the door.  I think you learn that in acting 101 class....

• Love 8

Nene's name calling and cracks on Phaedra were no more damaging than Phaedra's name calling and cracks on Nene as far as I'm concerned.  Tit for tat.  Nene never tried to insert herself in Phaedra's marriage and she never started a smear campaign using videos and prosthetic butt pads to try to discredit Phaedra and make her look bad in public.  Most of all, Nene never tried to sabotage any business venture that Phaedra was trying to undertake.  The things Kenya did against Phaedra were in a far more damaging place than anything Nene did in my opinion and are way less forgivable. 

That was exactly the point I was making.  Nene did the usual shade just like Phaedra and all of the other housewives.  It was snarky and sometimes biting but never was it damaging to ones phyche or never did any of the housewives, including Nene ever cross that line.  She yelled and fussed at Phaedra claiming they knew each other; She yelled and fussed at Phaedra talking to her sisters about her, She chuckled and cracked with her "private, personal friends" about a rumor she heard about Phaedra back in high school and she still said she really didn't know her; only heard the rumor.  This is the most, she had inserted herself in Phaedra's affairs

Kenya on the other hand flirted and acted inappropriately with Phaedra's husband even before she really ever got to know her.  Even after Phaedra comforted her when the Walter mess blew up in her face, she returned the favor by trying to bamboozle Phaedra into a very bad business deal while openly flirting with Phaedra's husband in front of her.  When that deal blew up, Kenya retaliated by fat shaming Phaedra, copying her idea, dogging her every chance she got, trying to turn the other housewives against Phaedra, even Porsha who Kenya pretty much hated, going out of her way to embarrass and hurt Phaedra and then insinuate she could take Phaedra's husband away from her with just a text.  Kenya continued to insert herself into Phaedra's marriage constantly reminding Phaedra she could get Phaedra's husband until the backlash made her change course and suddenly she did not like being called a whore and went on that campaign instead.  Now she is using the other singles and housewives to force Phaedra to "apologize" to HER.

Just a little difference, there.

• Love 11

Everything is stupid.  She's making judgments about things left and right.  Constantly rolls her eyes and calls people out.  WTF?  Why does she think she's so damn smart?  She CAN'T with Claudia.  She CAN'T with Phaedra.  She CAN'T with Nene.  

Shut.the.fuck.up

Therapy will never work on that bitch.  She's too busy thinking everyone and everything around her is stupid.  Sit down.

Kandi is slowly replacing Kenya as the housewife I hate the most.  I can't stand her attitude about anything.  She acts like nobody should ever forgive anybody for anything unless their name is Joyce.  Hey Kandi!  I CAN'T with you!  You make me sick.  You are a pitiful friend and an even more pitiful wife.  So go take your greasy chicken eating fingers, your stubby fat thighs and put on your stupid night bonnet to make sure Todd leaves your ass sooner than later because I think he deserves someone better than you!

• Love 2

Nene's name calling and cracks on Phaedra were no more damaging than Phaedra's name calling and cracks on Nene as far as I'm concerned.  Tit for tat.  Nene never tried to insert herself in Phaedra's marriage and she never started a smear campaign using videos and prosthetic butt pads to try to discredit Phaedra and make her look bad in public.  Most of all, Nene never tried to sabotage any business venture that Phaedra was trying to undertake.  The things Kenya did against Phaedra were in a far more damaging place than anything Nene did in my opinion and are way less forgivable.  And Cynthia went after Phaedra for no good reason other than trying to hurt her because Kenya doesn't like her.  Phaedra never did anything against Cynthia to make her do that.  I don't blame Phaedra for not even giving Cynthia the time of day.  Nene on the other hand extended a sympathetic ear to her when she was basically left to her own devices without a friend for support, not even her thoughtless self centered supposedly best friend Kandi.

Respectfully, I think implying that a woman was a whore in high school (head doctor) on national TV is an attempt to diminish her reputation.  IMO, Nene was trying to bring Phaedra and her perceived fauxness down a peg when she made that crack.  If Nene had said that about me, we would never be more than cordial whereas Phaedra is all up in Nene's face as if they have been bestees for decades. 

While friendships do change over time, I don't understand why Phaedra would discuss Kandi with Nene at all.  You can not be friends with someone and not talk about them with a perceived enemy.  Last I checked, Kandi is on front street with her opinions about Phaedra.  She does not agree that Phaedra should keep her kids away from Apollo and she was upfront with Phaedra about it.  Kandi did not deliver her issues with Phaedra through Kenya.

If Phaedra feels that Kandi betrayed her, then she should say so instead of using Nene and Porsha as surrogates.  Its interesting that she shut Claudia down when Claudia asked questions about Kandi, but private Phaedra did not do the same thing when Nene and Porsha were asking questions that did not need an answer.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 13

Shut.the.fuck.up

You forgot one: She CAN'T with Todd. 

• Love 1

Respectfully, I think implying that a woman was a whore in high school (head doctor) on national TV is an attempt to diminish her reputation.  IMO, Nene was trying to bring Phaedra and her perceived fauxness down a peg when she made that crack.  If Nene had said that about me, we would never be more than cordial whereas Phaedra is all up in Nene's face as if they have been bestees for decades. 

While friendships do change over time, I don't understand why Phaedra would discuss Kandi with Nene at all.  You can not be friends with someone and not talk about them with a perceived enemy.  Last I checked, Kandi is on front street with her opinions about Phaedra.  She does not agree that Phaedra should keep her kids away from Apollo and she was upfront with Phaedra about it.  Kandi did not deliver her issues with Phaedra through Kenya.

If Phaedra feels that Kandi betrayed her, then she should say so instead of using Nene and Porsha as surrogates.  Its interesting that she shut Claudia down when Claudia asked questions about Kandi, but private Phaedra did not do the same thing when Nene and Porsha were asking questions that did not need an answer.

first off, Nene said she heard a rumor in high school about Phaedra but still contends she really didn't know her since she was a senior and Phaedra was 2nd year,  She publically apologized for her remark directly to Phaedra and admitted she stepped over the line.

Second point is that although Kandi felt Phaedra said something to Nene about her, Phaedra stated and still contends she only said Kandi hadn't contacted her which was true.  She said the same thing to Claudia earlier.  She didn't seem to hold a grudge, just wondered why Kandi wasn't there for her when she needed it.

As for what Nene and Porsha knew.  They lived it.  Abuse knows abuse so they went to her not the other way around.  Just like we could see Phaedra hurting, her best friend should have seen it also.  Nene saw it because she lived it when she was abused by her boyfriend and the father of her older son.  Porsha saw it because she had just gotten out of a controlling, mentally abusive marriage to Kordell.  They didn't have to be told by phaedra what was happening; they knew and came to her aid because they knew she probably wouldn't ask.

• Love 5

If Phaedra feels that Kandi betrayed her, then she should say so instead of using Nene and Porsha as surrogates

I think that's more of her being a coward when it comes to confrontation. And, for some people, that's the only way they can deal with things when they have an issue with someone. I think it's a silly way to go about it, especially when they have been close friends in the past. I still can't believe Phaedra is an attorney, who has to go before a judge and witnesses, a jury....and stand her ground and make points in defense of her client. The two personalities don't jive.

• Love 1

first off, Nene said she heard a rumor in high school about Phaedra but still contends she really didn't know her since she was a senior and Phaedra was 2nd year,  She publically apologized for her remark directly to Phaedra and admitted she stepped over the line.

Second point is that although Kandi felt Phaedra said something to Nene about her, Phaedra stated and still contends she only said Kandi hadn't contacted her which was true.  She said the same thing to Claudia earlier.  She didn't seem to hold a grudge, just wondered why Kandi wasn't there for her when she needed it.

As for what Nene and Porsha knew.  They lived it.  Abuse knows abuse so they went to her not the other way around.  Just like we could see Phaedra hurting, her best friend should have seen it also.  Nene saw it because she lived it when she was abused by her boyfriend and the father of her older son.  Porsha saw it because she had just gotten out of a controlling, mentally abusive marriage to Kordell.  They didn't have to be told by phaedra what was happening; they knew and came to her aid because they knew she probably wouldn't ask.

My point was that Nene said something malicious about Phaedra and Phaedra forgave her for it.  Nene and Phaedra were never friends.  Nene treats all of other woman as if they are beneath her because she is the star of the show IMO.  She will never see them as her equals and surely Phaedra knows that.  Phaedra is willing to give Nene confidant status over Kandi given Nene's history and I find that troubling.

I was speaking to Phaedra talking to Porsha and Nene about her difficulties with Kandi.  She did not need to discuss that with them.  Why would she?  Doesn't she have enough going on with Apollo and the children to discuss with them without throwing Kandi under the bus?

Just because Phaedra is going through difficulties does not give her a pass for treating her good friend like crap.  If she doesn't think Kandi is there for her, then she can call up her so-called good friend and talk to her about it, not discuss it with her so-called good friend's frenemies.  What I have seen from Kandi is that she would not do the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.  When the other women have asked about Phaedra, she either deflected the question or told them it was none of their business.  IMO, thats a true good friend.

Kandi would not be a good friend if she is having difficulties with Phaedra and Phaedra learned of those difficulties through Kenya.

• Love 6
I was speaking to Phaedra talking to Porsha and Nene about her difficulties with Kandi.  She did not need to discuss that with them.  Why would she?  Doesn't she have enough going on with Apollo and the children to discuss with them without throwing Kandi under the bus?

That's the point.  She DIDN'T talk about Kandi.  She only stated that she didn't know why Kandi wasn't there for her.  Kandi ASSUMED Phaedra was talking about her.  even Nene and Porsha only addressed Kandi's reluctance to support Phaedra.  That was the only issue they had.  Kandi is making it more than it was.  By the way, she still isn't speaking to Phaedra.

I think that's more of her being a coward when it comes to confrontation. And, for some people, that's the only way they can deal with things when they have an issue with someone. I think it's a silly way to go about it, especially when they have been close friends in the past. I still can't believe Phaedra is an attorney, who has to go before a judge and witnesses, a jury....and stand her ground and make points in defense of her client. The two personalities don't jive.

I feel it is just Phaedra has been through so much, going to Kandi with her problems at this point is just too exhausting.  I have been there, myself and you just don't want to play anymore...at least for a while.

• Love 3

I feel it is just Phaedra has been through so much, going to Kandi with her problems at this point is just too exhausting.

I can agree about the "right now" of her life, Aging Goth, but this has been Phaedra's M.O. for a while. Not just now that she's going through troubles.

• Love 2

Being a Nene apologist has to be a full-time job because she gives so little reason to like her. Still, I see the producers did their obigatory inclusion of Nene and her no storyline having self. Not only did it seem out of place and boring, but it was a distraction from the more interesting trip. The only thing I will say in Nene's defense is that it truly is difficult to travel more than 5-6 hours if you've suffered from a clot in the leg. I have had more than one blood clot and the swelling and pain when one is on a particularly long flight is real. The girls were needlessly dismissive.

• Love 6

The only thing I will say in Nene's defense is that it truly is difficult to travel more than 5-6 hours if you've suffered from a clot in the leg. I have had more than one blood clot and the swelling and pain when one is on a particularly long flight is real.

Hers had traveled up to her heart, according to her when she was experiencing chest pains. I had one (several, actually) that did the same thing and the clot that formed above my heart fortunately didn't get into my lungs or I wouldn't be typing this. If she's on blood thinners, she shouldn't be drinking alcohol. It will throw her bloodwork tests way, way off. And there's a long list of foods she shouldn't eat either, ones that cause the blood to thicken.

If the ladies seemed dismissive, I think we're not seeing the full picture. NeNe may use the clot story to get out of doing a lot of things, yet flying around the country to make personal appearances on QVC, Arsenio, WWHL, and her play.... that doesn't phase her. I can totally understand the long flight to Manilla being out. The other women may not understand the seriousness of that given they've heard the same story used for lesser trips....with them.

• Love 1