Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Spoof!

• Start Topic

I agree as well.  I really wanted to like her because, from what I've heard, she's from the same drag family as Pandora Boxx & Darienne Lake but IDK.....maybe she's trying to hard to fill their shoes *shrug* to quote Gia Gunn "Maybe it just isn't for you"

I live in the Rochester area, and Mrs. Kasha Davis is not only a part of the Pandora/Darienne family, a lot of the time she's the funniest and most interesting of the pack in the (many) shows I've seen around here.  I don't know what it is on Drag Race either, but something's off so far. I don't know if she's nervous or holding herself back or what.  If Mrs. Kasha can get back to the energy and fun we've seen locally, she should be a superstar.  I wish her the best because she deserves it.  A real test will be this year's Snatch Game, which, with her background in theater, should be where Kasha shines.  If she's still off there, something's really up.

• Love 4

Personally, i'm kind of surprised that Miss Fame wasn't in the bottom. In the video she was still incredible stiff and having difficulty with choreography and that whole 'being entertaining' thing, which would seem bigger issues than sinking into the background like Kandy, Kasha or Trixie.

• Love 2

I've just watched the lipsync between Trixie and Pearl again and I have to say that Pearl was kind of amazing. Her stance and her FACE was everything. It was really the first time Pearl has come anywhere near 'alive' in the competition and I think she has the makings of real performer. She really has a commanding stage presence and your eyes go to her.

ITA Marsha. I watched the LSFYL twice, focusing on each queen, and Pearl did do a very good job. It was just a different approach than Trixie. Now, all that being said, Trixie absolutely should not have even been in the bottom two in the first place. The lip synch battle should have been between Kandy Ho and Pearl, or actually if I'm being honest, my choice for bottom two would have been Kandy and Miss Fame who I seriously cannot stand.

I'm so surprised, from reading my Twitter feed and Mark's recap, that so many people don't know the Blondie song "Dreaming". C'mon y'all! What the heck? Is it just because I'm 107 years old?

• Love 6

I'm so surprised, from reading my Twitter feed and Mark's recap, that so many people don't know the Blondie song "Dreaming". C'mon y'all! What the heck? Is it just because I'm 107 years old?

In more than one recap I've seen the recapper doesn't know 'Dreaming!' I may be 107 years old right along with you Kat... or it may just be that Blondie is a huge favorite among me and my three siblings (it's rare when we all agree on musical taste) but when I see people going "Huh? 'Dreaming?' What's that?" I think to myself Philistines!!

• Love 2

Is that what Mrs. Kasha Davis is doing - a Real Housewives parody? I never even got that until now.

I wouldn't have gotten that either if it wasn't for an interview she did & she said that was what she based her drag off of.  I'm not sure if she's spoofing them or imitating them or what *shrug* It just doesn't excite me.

I live in the Rochester area, and Mrs. Kasha Davis is not only a part of the Pandora/Darienne family, a lot of the time she's the funniest and most interesting of the pack in the (many) shows I've seen around here.

Really?!  Wow, never would have guessed that from what's being shown on t.v.  Enh maybe it's because this season seems to be focused on the baby queens and forward thinking fashion so perhaps stuff is getting edited out of her screen time to make her look less than what she is *shrug*

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1

Jaidynn was robbed. She did a hilarious Bianca!! I mean, you can say her catchphrases and do the make-up, but i was blown away by the impression. I do think the Sissy That Walk group had an advantage because that was a video you could compare to.  Bottom two should have been any two from the last group: Kandy Ho plus whoever. Sorry, but that song was not as funny as the others, the words just sounded awkward. Whether that was the queens fault, or Lucien's fault, I don't know. Trixie did well in the challenge and in the LSFYL so I'm still confused. I loved seeing Trixie's take on the fashions each week. I guess I'm hoping this is a season where they bring a queen back- she definitely sashayed too soon.

Lmao@ RuPaul hurt after they said the Drag U lyric. I didn't realize that show was seen as a "failure." I think i watched a season of that and wasn't that interested, but it's hard for another drag reality show to be as good as this one. I do like seeing the queens in other contexts but everyone has a youtube, so we can see them anytime.

I like that Katya is doing better in the competition. I can see her being top 3 now, where i wasn't sure before.

Edited to add: So no Trixie for Snatch Game then?? Dammit, Ru!

Edited by corgi shade
  • Love 3

Well that is some crazy-ass nonsense. I agree with EVERYONE above about Trixie Mattel.

I thought she was going to go the distance. Maybe not win the crown, but his Talking Heads were so smart and grounded that I thought he was gonna be one of the sane ones we could latch onto. Guess that's out the window.

I will say the one positive is that we finally got to see Pearl experience actual human emotions. At times I thought she'd just been replaced with cardboard cutout. And her eyes! Saying that she has dead eyes is an understatement. She has motionless eyes. Does she even know how to use her facial muscles? Or does she just glue her eyelids open with those lashes?

The thing that kills me about Pearl is her fucking attitude. I want to see this bitch excited about being on Drag Race. From the moment we met her in the "Meet the Queens" videos it was apparent that she considers herself too good for this show, and after the first few weeks, it feels like he's competing as a joke. And yes, this entire show is a JOKE. But we're all in on it, the audience, the performers, the producers especially. So when she comes in acting like she's above this thing we all love, it doesn't come off as smart, or make him look better. It makes him look like a jerk.

• Love 3

Wow, can't beleive this in an UO but Pearl's LSFYL blew my mind.   I literally got chills. I hope logotv puts up an extended version so I can see the whole thing because it was fucking inspired.  First off, her make up and outfit were superb.  Best outfit/makeup of the season so far.  It was like a mix of old Hollywood, Rocky Horror and Pearl's creative spark.  I mean, who knew Peal had it in her.  Then her dance moves, holy shit.   LIke a big fuck you to the camera, to Ru, to life.  LOVED IT.  Love.love.love.  Okay I'll stop now.

Violet.  Ass, ass, ass, but also face, hair, voice and attitude.  Loved her green show girl outfit.  If you got it.....I'd like to see it.

Also, Ross.  Do not say LOL ever again in any context.  You sound like an idiot.  JMO.

• Love 2

Wow, can't beleive this in an UO but Pearl's LSFYL blew my mind.   I literally got chills. I hope logotv puts up an extended version so I can see the whole thing because it was fucking inspired.  First off, her make up and outfit were superb.  Best outfit/makeup of the season so far.  It was like a mix of old Hollywood, Rocky Horror and Pearl's creative spark.  I mean, who knew Peal had it in her.  Then her dance moves, holy shit.   LIke a big fuck you to the camera, to Ru, to life.  LOVED IT.  Love.love.love.  Okay I'll stop now.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because what I saw was a poor man's version of Sharon Needles' S4 snake outfit and someone standing there and windmilling their arms while just barely knowing the lyrics.

From cpansa:

I thought perhaps Bianca was such a strong contender last year from episode one that it had kind of ruined me for this season.

I don't think it was just Bianca though. Last year we had:

Adore, with her busted but deeply charismatic self

Ben DeLaCreme, whose elimination later in the season nearly killed the fandom

Joslyn, with her airheaded GASP! and the necklace of doom

Courtney Act, whose humor may have fallen flat but who was always ridiculously stunning

Milk, who always gave us something to talk about

Magnolia Crawford--no one even knew what to say but we kept trying to figure it out anyway

Darienne Lake, one of the best of the big girls ever (I've seen her, Adore, Bianca and Courtney live, and they were all very very talented).

Hell, even Laganja managed to create more buzz and catchphrases and parodies by episode four than this entire season's queens have combined.

• Love 6

The thing that kills me about Pearl is her fucking attitude. I want to see this bitch excited about being on Drag Race. From the moment we met her in the "Meet the Queens" videos it was apparent that she considers herself too good for this show, and after the first few weeks, it feels like he's competing as a joke.

I disagree. She wants to be there. She said in one of the first two Untucked episodes how much she wanted to be there, how being on Drag Race was the most important thing that had ever happened to her... or would happen to her. Trixie said the same thing about Pearl in the third Untucked when they were talking about how Jasmine had already packed to go home. Pearl wants to be there. She's extremely low key and probably an introvert as well but she does want to be there. It's not translating well, granted, but I believe her and Trixie when they say she wants to be there.

Maybe I'm a sucker, though.

Wow, can't beleive this in an UO but Pearl's LSFYL blew my mind.   I literally got chills. I hope logotv puts up an extended version so I can see the whole thing because it was fucking inspired.  First off, her make up and outfit were superb.  Best outfit/makeup of the season so far.  It was like a mix of old Hollywood, Rocky Horror and Pearl's creative spark.

I keep calling it sorcery. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I can't pinpoint exactly what happened or even how but something happened during that lipsynch that changed the whole thing for me. Sorcery! Dark Magic! I have no idea how it happened but suddenly Pearl had me utterly transfixed when I thought for sure she was going home.

Violet.  Ass, ass, ass, but also face, hair, voice and attitude.  Loved her green show girl outfit.  If you got it.....I'd like to see it.

I loved the showgirl look but I wanted to be a showgirl when I was little. Feathers and sparkles just do it for me. (There's a reason I see Jubilee! every time I'm in Vegas. Feathers! Sparkles! Bob Mackie!)

• Love 1

Pearl wants to be there. She's extremely low key and probably an introvert as well but she does want to be there.

She has mentioned somewhere that she suffers/has suffered from a lot of social anxiety. In a setting like this, her acting aloof and "over it" is most likely a defense mechanism. She does seem a lot more present in Untucked.

Speaking of Untucked, I'm kind of... feeling Ginger a lot less now. This is like the fourth episode in a row where she has said "I'm not trying to be shady, but *insert shady statement here*". Once or twice, that's cool, but it's happening so often now that it seems like she's just trying to get away with stirring the pot. If you want to be a potstirrer, own it, and definitely don't accuse Miss Fame (or was it Violet?) of doing the same thing!

I don't know, I really want to like her, and she's mostly funny, but she came across as a bit bitter.

• Love 2

Thank Goodness. While fun as a boy, I couldn't stand looking at Trixie's "makeup".

And there was nothing of the comedy queen in her on stage. Manilla, Pandora, Jinx, Alaska, Ben, even Yessica Wild all were funny whrn it counted in front of the judges.

• Love 5

Anybody got the T on Untucked?  I haven't seen it yet; is it any good?

don't think it was just Bianca though. Last year we had:

Courtney Act, whose humor may have fallen flat but who was always ridiculously stunning

Magnolia Crawford--no one even knew what to say but we kept trying to figure it out anyway

Darienne Lake, one of the best of the big girls ever (I've seen her, Adore, Bianca and Courtney live, and they were all very very talented).

kieyra word, word, & word!  What made S6 so entertaining for me wasn't just Queen B but literally everyone in that season was compelling and fun to watch in some way or another.  Trinity, all those gals were great.  On this season Ginger and Max but nothing super great.  I'll still watch but not with the same "omg only X number of days til RPDR is on again" as I did last season.

• Love 2
I can't pinpoint exactly what happened or even how but something happened during that lipsynch that changed the whole thing for me. Sorcery! Dark Magic! I have no idea how it happened but suddenly Pearl had me utterly transfixed when I thought for sure she was going home.

This.  And then the ugly cry at the end when she realized Trixie was going home.  Nice touch.

Thank Goodness. While fun as a boy, I couldn't stand looking at Trixie's "makeup".

And there was nothing of the comedy queen in her on stage. Manilla, Pandora, Jinx, Alaska, Ben, even Yessica Wild all were funny whrn it counted in front of the judges.

There was no wit to Trixie's make up, outfit or performance that I could see.   (Still  not over Ben's elimination.)

Quick summary of Untucked, going off of memory, for those who haven't/can't/don't want to watch:

* Some fairly harsh criticizing of Pearl going on from the safe queens. Kennedy isn't feeling Pearl at all.

* Ginger gets in a few barely funny digs at Max, then gets in some harsher digs in a confessional. She then tells Kasha and Max that she thinks other queens are winning because of her and the jokes she writes for them, and she needs to start looking out for herself more.

* Jaidynn confronts Violet about her bitchiness and bad attitude. It doesn't really lead to anything.

* Kandy seems annoyed that the judges want outfits to have a "hook" and a "concept", and says she's really just trying to look pretty. For the rest of the episode she perfects the art of blending into the furniture.

* Pearl has a mini-breakdown and leaves the room to smoke and maybe cry, several other girls come out to support her. She then shares a few heartfelt words with Trixie as they both seem to know what's about to happen.

* Trixie is the most gracious loser ever, and gets some sweet notes from Max and Pearl (and presumably the other girls) before she leaves.

This is all of course very much colored by my personal feelings. I personally just didn't think Ginger came of well at all.

• Love 6

Hell, even Laganja managed to create more buzz and catchphrases and parodies by episode four than this entire season's queens have combined.

At the time, I thought Season 6 was just an ok season having come off a really fun Season 5. Now I completely agree with Season 6 nostalgia. Season 6 seems much better now in hindsight! (I did think Ben DeLaCreme was a little overrated though.) Maybe when Season 7 is over and we see the totality of episodes, we'll remember good moments. It's hard to see now.

• Love 4

Come on, shoes!

(Yes, I know that was imitating her, not actually her.)

• Love 4

I disagree. She wants to be there. She said in one of the first two Untucked episodes how much she wanted to be there, how being on Drag Race was the most important thing that had ever happened to her... or would happen to her. Trixie said the same thing about Pearl in the third Untucked when they were talking about how Jasmine had already packed to go home. Pearl wants to be there. She's extremely low key and probably an introvert as well but she does want to be there. It's not translating well, granted, but I believe her and Trixie when they say she wants to be there.

Well I'm probably talking from a place of ignorance since I haven't watched Untucked, but an argument that Pearl really wants to be there because she says she wants to be there doesn't really work for me. Saying he's passionate is different from actually having that passion. Actions speak louder than words. Regardless of how low key a person she is, she needs to show some spark of interest in the competition. And as for that "turn" in Pearl's lip sync, I'm just not seeing it. Please point it out to me. I've watched it three times.

But I've probably been duped by producers and this is exactly how they want me to feel. Ehh, not surprised.

• Love 3

Hi, my name is Marsha and I'm a proud member of the 107 Years Old Club!

'Dreaming' has always been my favourite Blondie song. I can still remember going to the record store and buying their Eat to the Beat album the day it was released in the Autumn of '79, taking it home and pogoing myself into stupor in my bedroom. I was 19, it was the last months of the 1970's and my adolescence was winding down (I'd turn 20 in June of 1980).

I found it curious too that so many folks didn't know this song as I remember it being very popular when it came out (as was Blondie and Debbie Harry). I did some checking online though and saw that it was barely Top 30 in the USA but I'm Canadian (born, raised and still living in Toronto) and it was #4 here. 

I watched the lipsynch again (3rd or maybe 4th time) and I really have to say this again: Pearl was amazing. She really, really captured the feeling, the pure emotions of the song and her FACE! My God! She really does have all the makings of a star but maybe it might have been better for her if she'd been chosen for maybe Season 8 or 9. I don't think she's emotionally ready for the competition.

Also, her face was pure Golden Age Hollywood demented diva a la Norma Desmond or Joan Crawford (or maybe more precisely Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest).  Some other poster (either here or maybe Reddit ::shudder!::) compared this lipsynch to Latrice and Kenya's 'Natural Woman' where Kenya was a ball of energy but seemed completely disconnected to the song/lyrics and Latrice was wholly connected and just stood in one spot and brilliantly emoted that song the house down!

That said, I still don't feel that Trixie even belonged in the bottom two (I think Miss Fame or Kandy Ho were better candidates) so I was sad to see her go. I loved her talking heads and found her funny and sharp. I thought sure she was Top 3 material!

I'm also over Ginger Ming. What a two faced shit stirrer she's become. I'd like to see a Ginger/Kennedy double elimination and later watch their heads explode on finale night when Max or Pearl wins.

• Love 6

I just watched Untucked and feel more enraged than ever. Trixie would have effing KILLED IT in Snatch Game. I'm seriously bummed.

Kandy was the obvious choice (for me) to be booted off - and I actually like her too, not as much as Trixie.

This season has lost a lot of its flavour for me. I love this show but one of the things I loved about it was I felt Ru was always really fair. This isn't.

Ginger is funny but she isn't as funny as she seems to think. In this Untucked she came across as a secret mean girl. I actually love a bitch (why I've always had a soft spot for Violet) but Violet doesn't pretend to be all sweetness and light while dissing you behind everyone's back.

• Love 1

I'm also having trouble getting into this season, and I'm not quite sure why, although I agree with a lot of the discussion here. I miss Untucked running right after the show; it really helps us to get to know the queens and how they interact. And it helps me learn to tell them apart. I didn't recognize Mrs. Kasha Davis when they were writing the spoof. She not only looks different from her drag self, she looks different from her overly dramatic talking heads. I think I should be able to tell them apart by the 4th episode. They seem underwhelming overall, I don't know if they are doing something different with the show and more are giving into nerves, or if the contrast with last season hurts them. Like many everywhere, I don't agree with Trixie being in the bottom 2/being sent home yet. I can't believe that they think they have another unpolished talent like Adore in Pearl, and that they think forcing this story line will work out. I do like Pearl and think she has potential, but she needs to find it. They can't drag (heh) it out of her.

Finally, I had forgotten that Darienne Lake was also in Sissy that Walk until I saw Dela tweeting about it, asking if they just forgot her. She and Darienne tweeted a nice exchange.

• Love 4

I'm also having trouble getting into this season, and I'm not quite sure why, although I agree with a lot of the discussion here.

The season is making me think a lot of season 2. A lot of quieter, but more bitchy, personalities. A lot of more introverted, low energy queens. A lot of young queens defined primarily by look. A lot of bad performances in the performance challenges. A certain interchangability of a lot of contestants. It does feel like a step back after three seasons that were primarily defined by high energy high personality highly performance based often older queens with a much stronger ear for comedy.

Though the show is also having a lot less non-challenge time, the work room is almost non-existent. At this point we've had queens comment on at major friendships(Kandy with Jasmine/Kennedy and Trixie with Pearl) that you would have had no idea existed until they decided to bring them up as part of Elimination Drama. The show seems to be leaning heavily on Untucked to fill in the blanks, but the new format Untucked is both shown in a different format than the main show now but also seems even more heavily geared towards people sniping at each other.

• Love 1

I'm upset, but not THAT upset, that Trixie went home. I thought she had plenty more to give and I don't think she deserved to be in the bottom, but I do agree that there were plenty of moments in her video that she neglected to take advantage of. And the upside of her going home is at least it will give other people a chance to talk during Untucked. This season has been all Trixie and Kennedy, and I'd like to hear from others, please.

I loved Pearl's look this week but I'm not very interested in her. I don't care that he's kind of attractive as a man, because I can find more attractive men anywhere. Just like I don't care that Kandy Who's look is to just do beautiful, because I can find more beautiful women on Instagram. 

I'm glad Katya's star is rising. I really like her, I find her talking heads and her youtube videos to be hilarious, and she's actually gorgeous, she just doesn't treat it as the only thing she does.

Speaking of, I'm not sure why Miss Fame is still here. She basically occupies the same space as Violet and Pearl. But Violet has carved out a nice niche for herself as the Villain, and Peal is now the One with the Story Line. So what the hell is Miss Fame (other than clearly the dumbest of those three, which is saying quite a bit, I think)?

I am positively uninspired by Kennedy. She really did turn it out this episode (I won't argue that she deserved to win or was the funniest this week, but her voice was good and comedic), but I've never got her, and after hearing that her thing was lipsyncing and then watching her yawn-worthy lsfyl last week, I don't know what her point is, either.

Speaking of the lip syncs, what was once my favorite feature of the show is now my least favorite. Honestly the best thing that has happened in four episodes is Katya doing a slow split, which was cool, but not that cool. Otherwise it's been four songs I don't know and eight performances I don't care for. When I compare these to the amazing things that Latrice, Dida, Trinity, Coco, Jujubee, and Alyssa have done to keep themselves in this competition, I'm really bored by what we've seen so far. I'm ready for a song I know and I performance I'll watch on youtube over and over again.

• Love 3

Boo. From top to bottom that didn't make sense - I don't get why Kennedy won, I don't get why Trixie went home.

If it is true that the producers are trying to make Pearl this season's Adore, that shows that they have no idea why Adore was popular. Adore looked busted, but she had charm and personality for days. Pearl looks polished, but she's completely flat in the personality department. One is far more important than the other - to quote Pulp Fiction, personality goes a long way. The last time Ru tried to boost a young, pretty queen with no personality we got Tyra, and we all know how well that went over.

Ginger, Max and Katya are still my favorites, though no one is really blowing me away yet. By this time last season I was totally in love with Bianca.

• Love 3

We'll have to agree to disagree, because what I saw was a poor man's version of Sharon Needles' S4 snake outfit and someone standing there and windmilling their arms while just barely knowing the lyrics.

From cpansa:

Sorry I disagree can't stand any of those queens except Bianca and Bendela, I like this group overall way better.

I think Kandy Ho should totally have been in the bottom 2 and eliminated instead of Trixie. Trixie is not that great and she definitely isn't going to win, but I thought she would last for a couple more weeks (maybe top 7/8). Jaidyn should have won for her Bianca impersonation instead of Kennedy Davenport.

• Love 2

Speaking of, I'm not sure why Miss Fame is still here. She basically occupies the same space as Violet and Pearl. But Violet has carved out a nice niche for herself as the Villain, and Peal is now the One with the Story Line. So what the hell is Miss Fame (other than clearly the dumbest of those three, which is saying quite a bit, I think)?

Well, generally the show has a spectacular failure at Snatch Game and I think that is what Miss Fame is going to be. But i'd say Miss Fame is still there because the show put her on there because of pre-existing fan base, so a Youtube celebrity gets to have a longer shelf life than a working Drag Queen from the middle of the country(which I think covers every elimination we've had so far).

If it is true that the producers are trying to make Pearl this season's Adore, that shows that they have no idea why Adore was popular.

I get the feeling it's more of a short term Trinity K Bonet storyline. She'll come out of her catatonia for one episode (probably next week), place high and then get cut the following week. As arresting as her look is, and despite her large fanbase - I just can't see WOW putting her in the top 3, which would involve too much press etc.

On the whole, this episode really exposed the fact that this cast is charisma challenged. Ginger, Jaidynn and Katya show some - and it might be lurking deep down in Violet, but the rest of them read blah the minute they open their mouths.

• Love 3

I could see Pearl making final three, but mostly on the same way PhiPhi and Adore got there: unreasonable levels of praise for relatively small levels of improvement in a young messy queen who needs a lot of work.

Hmmm, I wonder who the Miss Congenialty will be. Other than Ivy Winters, it's always been a fan favorite who gets kicked off in the final stretch. Right now i'd place my bets on Max or Ginger(if somehow Ginger isn't a top three lock).

• Love 2

Ginger isn't coming across well on untucked, and for someone with very bad fashion sense IMO, she sure likes judging the other queens looks.

I think miss congeniality is Max all the way right now. Are the top 3 excluded from winning that??

• Love 2

I'm really intrigued by the editing monkeys version of "reality" in regards to Ginger.  I thought she seemed classier after the first couple Untuckeds, but this week's dropped her way down.  

I liked how Jaidynn tried to talk to Violet.  I'm guessing Violet needs something a bit more direct than Jaidynn's speech though.  Max's subtle connection to Jaidynn after Violet dismissed it was nice as well.

Miss Fame reminds me of a know-it-all-don't-know-shit.  I honestly don't know what all she knows since I can't get past wanting to throttle her.  It's not even a humility thing, just a "I'm an expert!$!@#!@#!#$" thing.  And the "nude" fabric on her dress was terrible.

Is it Snatch Game yet?  I actually think most of these queens (even the ones that rely on body) are capable of being caricatures, but all of these team challenges are leading to underperformance and bitterness.   

• Love 1
Are the top 3 excluded from winning that??

No I don't think so.  Nina Flowers won M.C. during S1 and she placed 2nd place. (or 1st runner up, however you want to view it) I see M.C. as a consolation prize given to a likeable queen who, for whatever reason, didn't make it to top 3.  Honestly I would LOVE to see the winning queen also win M.C.  Jinx Monsoon or Bianca IMO could have easily won that.

This.  Lots of comedy queen in her talking heads, but none on stage.  How could someone with a theater background look like she never was on stage before?  I know it's an UO in this thread, but the right queen sashayed away.

• Love 3

Lots of comedy queen in her talking heads, but none on stage.  How could someone with a theater background look like she never was on stage before?  I know it's an UO in this thread, but the right queen sashayed away.

I've rewatched the episode and after seeing the LSFYL again, yeah Pearl was really good as well.  Trixie was more of a high energy catching the overall feel & fun of the song while Pearl was giving us face, face, face and catching the lyrics. 

I kinda see what the judges were saying about Trixie not bringing it in the music video and she really wasn't all that memorable in the Shakesqueer play either.  Enh, I liked her enough and yeah she had funny moments but was she Bianca or Willam funny?  Hell to the no!  I'll miss her a bit but I have a feeling I will have forgotten about her by the season finale. 

BTW--what does UO mean? 

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1

I just watched Untucked and feel more enraged than ever. Trixie would have effing KILLED IT in Snatch Game. I'm seriously bummed.

According to Whatcha Packin', Trixie was planning on being

Girl Rupaul

for Snatch Game. I would have liked to see Trixie's barbie version of that. Brb while I punch something.

Ugh, what a crime to cut Trixie before Snatch Game. The only reason Kandy wasn't bottom 2 is so she can be kept as fodder to save one of Ru's favs at her convenience (probably Pearl again). It's exactly why she kept Darienne over Ben last season, people were so over Darienne that there would be minimal complaints about her losing to Adore, who was still pretty busted. Even if Trixie hasn't been showing a ton of comedy in challenges, she's been quite competent, which is more that can be said for most of the other queens. Why does Pearl merit 15 million wake up calls, but Trixie gets cut the first time she trips up? Ugh, so over it. 

• Love 1

Plenty to talk about, but I'll settle for a nitpick. I hated Michelle Visage telling MAX that she did't want to see her in a grey wig and to change it up. Clearly MAX approaches his drag look as a visual artist, and grey hair is one of the threads that pull it together singularly. Additionally, Pearl only does blonde and Ginger only does red hair (I understand Ginger wore black last week, but MAX did white, so even still). MAX's creativity and innovation with runway looks runs circles around half of the remaining competition. I just hate the sort of criticism for the sake of criticism. There was plenty enough to criticize with not being manic-Courtney Act enough, or not wearing enough green, although I thought it was enough green. I could see someone else thinking differently, but I got enough green. I think much of the problem was that it wasn't green enough for their liking. It the feather, shoes and pannier were a deep emerald or grass green, nothing would have been said, but because it was a light/pale chartreuse, maybe pale pistachio, it wasn't green enough.

Yikes, MAX isn't even my favorite.

• Love 3

I don't mind Michelle telling queens to change their look up.. she's just incredible inconsistent about it. She's never told it to a glamour queen(despite them often being the most repetetive), but she was really down on Sharon's contacts but okay with Coco and Yara's etc. I don't think it's wrong to expect queens to be able to give highly different looks, but how it's thrown out there seems mostly aimed to snap at non-glamour queens for not being glamour enough.

Or in the case with Max, Michelle's oddly specific running theme of believing drag is all about making a man look like a younger woman and getting really huffed about middle aged or older drag styles.

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 5

I already posted Lucian's "Calm down, Mariah" in the Quotes thread. That was my favorite moment of the show. A close second was Katya's leg on the runway. The way she stomped it into place to make the Angelina Jolie pose was comic gold.

• Love 1

I will say that Pearl's lipsync was more on point when it came to the actual lyrics, and yeah, her eyes are commanding when she actually opens them, but her moves were so repetative. 

I'm also sad that people don't know "Dreaming."  Really?  What?  Do they at least know "heart of Glass"?

• Love 3

I just watched Fashion Photo Ruview. Raja and Raven hated Kennedy's outfit. It's worth watching just for that.

Kennedy's outfit screamed St. Patrick's Day parade to me so I agree with R&R there but they didn't like Pearl's outfit either which I really did.  They thought Pearl should have done thigh highs or made it into a gown which would have been too Sharon Needles imo.  Love Sharon but Pearl's doing her own fresh take on the looks.

• Love 2

Kennedy's a lot like Alyssa. Able to dance the the house down, but still has that middle aged man stomach.  Kennedy's sticks out way more, even cinched.

Is Kennedy that good a dancer? She's talked about her dancing skills before, but her performance in the LSFYL was pretty blah. Was it just the dress that she was wearing prevented her from being as good as she usually is? Or are her dancing skills just overrated?