Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Chat

• Start Topic

Why doesn't he explain this then? Clearly people don't understand, including his own family. If he wants to be a spokesperson for the transgender community, he needs to be more forthright.

He, may not know. I got the impression that Bruce had either suppressed his sex drive while married to Kris, due to their pretty much separate but living together life over the last several years and that even after the divorce he was more caught up in the surface aspect of being a woman, the clothing and the nails and hair.. sex isn't and hasn't  been on his radar for a long time. Will they lose a dad and gain a mom and a possible step mom or lose a dad and gain a mom and a possible step dad? 

(edited)

They seem real, but then you read and see elsewhere that they were out and about and filming other scenes about silly nonsense sometimes on the same day as these supposedly so draining and emotional scenes were filmed. They aren't spontaneous conversations they are having, there is a whole production going on, camera men, makeup and hair people, wardrobe, lighting etc. It's not like the stuff evolved naturally. The only REAL conversations they had were the ones where he told them individually about his decision and it appears those meetings were not filmed. So there's an element of stuff being staged and recreated for dramatic purposes.Regardless, I think its cruel and selfish of Bruce to have his youngest children's emotions manipulated for entertainment.  Kris shouldn't allow it either.

Kendall is 19 and Kylie is almost 18.  I don't think anyone was made to do anything against their will - as evident by Rob's absence.  Also, when Bruce spoke to each of the kids individually, he did not discuss plans, timeline, etc.  I actually thought Kendall spoke eloquently.  Yes, there was a camera crew there, as there was with the Diane Sawyer interview. But I thought the reactions and emotions here were pretty genuine. 

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 2

This is the first time I decided to  give KUWTK a try, I am a very big fan of reality TV but I just cannot with this family. 

I just despise every member of that family, besides Bruce and Robert.

I feel like Bruce is in the wrong place.

It just feels like he never really belonged there. I know Kim's scenes with him are supposed to  show her in a good light, but I can't bring myself to believe anything this self entitled narcissistic woman says or does. It feels like anything she does for others, there has to be something in it for her. I think Bruce is in a very vulnerable state right now and was expecting people to be mean and upset, he is willing to accept anyone in his life that doesn't show any aggressive behavior and he is looking at Kim through rose colored glasses.

The size 14 comment, the way she just stood there and stared at him, almost sarcastically like the mean girls would when they recruit the nerdy gross girl into their circle and decide to give her a make over to make themselves feel better about themselves.

He just doesn't belong there.

• Love 4

They seem real, but then you read and see elsewhere that they were out and about and filming other scenes about silly nonsense sometimes on the same day as these supposedly so draining and emotional scenes were filmed. They aren't spontaneous conversations they are having, there is a whole production going on, camera men, makeup and hair people, wardrobe, lighting etc. It's not like the stuff evolved naturally. The only REAL conversations they had were the ones where he told them individually about his decision and it appears those meetings were not filmed. So there's an element of stuff being staged and recreated for dramatic purposes.Regardless, I think its cruel and selfish of Bruce to have his youngest children's emotions manipulated for entertainment.  Kris shouldn't allow it either.

Kendall & Kylie have been filmed for the show half their lives, I doubt they even know how to live without a camera crew around them, this probably feels normal to them.

This is the issue with Bruce's journey that I cannot understand. Does it mean that he will be taking hormones for the rest of his life?

Yes, Transgenders have to take hormones or testosterone daily for the rest of their lives. Just because they may get a boob job or have them removed , remove their penis or get one, it doesn't change their biological makeup. 

After reading all these comments and inserting a few of my own, I have come to the conclusion that Bruce is just not that articulate of a person. I don't think he's very  intelligent, he's a rather shallow person (at least what he lets us see) and that won't change no matter what gender he is. 

• Love 1

I liked the special and I thought Khloe's reaction was honest. It's much easier for the older Jenner's because it's been well documented that there were years when they didn't see him and they haven't always been close to him, so there is some emotional distance. This makes it a lot easier for them to handle.

Khloe was raised by Bruce and they have always been close. I think her questions toward Bruce were perfectly legitimate. And I believe she's allowed to be upset - being upset has nothing to do with her not supporting him - and it's easy to judge someone reaction when it's not your own father.

Bruce is a very likable person, but he he has some selfish tendencies in the parenting department and isn't terribly aware of other peoples feelings. Khloe was pressing him in areas he didn't want or wasn't ready to talk about and that's why he got upset.

I agree.   it's far more  human to feel like Khloe than all accepting Kim.   For all  that Bruce has the right to do a 180 at this stage in his life and transition, his family has the right to grieve the brother, son, and father he was, and to sort out the anger they are feeling.   It's the epitome of selfishness, IMO to expect anyone to just shrug and say "whatever" and completely accept it right away.     I'm not sure he feels this way. but of course smug ass KIm  gets to feel like the bigger person than Klhoe and Bruce's teenage daughters.   IMO, she doesn't give a shit.   Bruce could transition to a werewolf, and Kim would shrug and calculate how she can make it about her.    Nasty witch.

Bruce has the right to transition.   The family who knew him as Bruce has the right to process it.   Fuck you Kim.  Spokesperson, my ass. 

• Love 2

I have come to the conclusion that Bruce is just not that articulate of a person. I don't think he's very  intelligent, he's a rather shallow person (at least what he lets us see) and that won't change no matter what gender he is. 

Look at the family he chose to marry into, I think this is pretty much a given.

Why doesn't he explain this then? Clearly people don't understand, including his own family. If he wants to be a spokesperson for the transgender community, he needs to be more forthright.

I don't think KUWTK is the forum for it.  I feel like people watch that show for shocking talk and t&a, not education or a PSA.  I think his E! mini-series will get into the nitty gritty.  I also think his family understands a lot more than they pretend to for their tv show.  And I think he's revealing the details a little at a time.  If he's into men, he'll probably reveal that later on.  I imagine his therapists and publicists advised he not introduce himself to the world on day 1 as Sharla in full drag with a boyfriend.  

Not to make light of transgender people or their process, but I would love it if in desperation someone in the family had a story line about being/becoming a werewolf.  Maybe that's how they'll explain the lack of Rob on the show: lycanthropy. Kim can talk about how so-and-so is "like a werewolf now, and, like hairy and stuff, so they're going to go get them, like, lasered, and like, try to fix their bad breath".  Then the werewolf character can start denying that they've had other cosmetic procedures, even though their ears are half the size that they used to be and their tail is three times the size it used to be. I predict the werewolf would say when the humidity changes it makes their ears and tail look different, but they haven't done anything unnatural. Then Kris will try to sell a werewolf sex tape...

• Love 3

What happens if Bruce transitions and still is not happy? I remember years ago watching Geraldo. Don't judge. We are on a Kardashians forum! Geraldo had on transgender individual who went man to woman and wanted to transition back again. I appreciate the struggle but it seems to provide a reason to stay focused on oneself. 

This entire family is self-absorbed but it is sickening that the adults cannot handle this situation in a more private manner. It would have been better if Bruce just issued a statement via his publicist that he was transitioning and to please respect his privacy. 

• Love 3

Kim tries to keep traditions alive by planning a family ski trip to Montana, but there's no mistaking that this year's vacation has a different vibe. On the slopes, Khloe risks life and limb to bond with Kylie.

Kim tries to keep traditions alive by planning a family ski trip to Montana, but there's no mistaking that this year's vacation has a different vibe. On the slopes, Khloe risks life and limb to bond with Kylie.

And then she planned the 'family vacation' for when Kendall was not going to be there ? The paycation happened during Paris HC Week in January and Kris skipped it as well to leech on Ken

• Love 1
(edited)
Yes, Transgenders have to take hormones or testosterone daily for the rest of their lives. Just because they may get a boob job or have them removed , remove their penis or get one, it doesn't change their biological makeup.

See that's what I don't get.  Why would any doctor give this old man hormones?  On a basic biological level women have the body that they do for carrying, birthing and nurturing babies.  The female side of reproduction.  Our breasts arent' just for looking at and playing with, their primary, biological purpose is to feed infants.  Our vagina is for receiving penises and processing sperm with the eggs our ovaries produce in order to make babies.  On the months when no babies are made we have a menstrual flow.  All of this happens on a schedule.  But after a while, our own bodies stop forcing us to be ready to reproduce and the flow stops and the mammary organs go kaput.  So my question is if the human body in its natural state stops producing certain hormones for women of a certain age, why on Earth would somebody with an MD behind their name give an old man hormones that are only needed by a young woman for childrearing?  I can get down with surgical manipulation but hormones are no joke.  Some people have committed murder under the throes of hormonal imbalance.  My mom used to say that pregancy with a girl does strange things to your body because you are growing another mother and indeed science has shown that female fetuses have all their eggs in their ovaries before birth meaning that when you give birth to a girl, you just birthed your own grandchildren!   I just don't get the ethics of the whole thing.  At some point we have to stop playing god.  If Bruce is not interested in sex and just wants to shop at Dash, then scratch the hormones.

That said, there is a lot about this I don't get and as mentioned above, Bruce is a piss poor spokesperson for the transgender community.  Right now it just seems like he wants to play dress up.  When I see the tortured kids on YouTube and the suicides, I have to think that there is way more to this issue than what to wear to the theater.

ETA:  After I finished typing this, speaking of Aunt Flo, I went to the cafeteria at work and bought Motrin, chocolate and potato chips.  Bruce will NEVER know what it is to have a woman's body.  No man will.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 4

Ok...so Bruiser says he goes out all the time in his Girl Gear...and no one notices..

Um....Bruce is 6 2" sans heels....maybe its just me...but I sure as hell would notice..

I dont care what he does, but if Im in the LA area and see a female Lurch staggering around in heels, i know i would take a double glance to see if its our Brucella

• Love 5

And then she planned the 'family vacation' for when Kendall was not going to be there ? The paycation happened during Paris HC Week in January and Kris skipped it as well to leech on Ken

Does Bruce or on this vacation? Kanye? Rob, Scott,  Kourt? Not much of a FAMILY vacation without them.

• Love 1

Does Bruce or on this vacation? Kanye? Rob, Scott,  Kourt? Not much of a FAMILY vacation without them.

Kourt had just had the baby so they didn't go.So it was just Khloe,Kimmy ,and Kylie - with the usual hangers on . 

Rob ain't going to be in any of it and they have all but said he is no longer on the show - and why would he raise his ass from the blunts and strippers in LA to sit in a house in Montana ?

Watched this out of curiosity with my ( adult) daughter who was sick and homebound -- don't normally watch KUWTK, so I may be missing some key points.

It DID seem as if Bruce was focused on the external aspects of " being a woman"--I mean, I have no desire to be a man, but I really do not like wearing heels and too much makeup. I have only had a professional manicure twice in my life-- once on my wedding day. I wish someone would have asked Bruce what makes him think he is truly a woman and not just a cross- dresser.

I also got the feeling that Bruce was talking about two personas-- his male one and his female one. Does he really feel as if there are two people, or is this a simplistic way of explaining the situation? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say " she" IS " him", as in an integrated being?

Isn't this when Khloe skidded on the ice going back to the airport? Oh, and when they demanded to have their resort stay comped because Kardashian? And were turned down - heh! I believe so...

See that's what I don't get.  Why would any doctor give this old man hormones?  On a basic biological level women have the body that they do for carrying, birthing and nurturing babies.  The female side of reproduction.  Our breasts arent' just for looking at and playing with, their primary, biological purpose is to feed infants.  Our vagina is for receiving penises and processing sperm with the eggs our ovaries produce in order to make babies.  On the months when no babies are made we have a menstrual flow.  All of this happens on a schedule.  But after a while, our own bodies stop forcing us to be ready to reproduce and the flow stops and the mammary organs go kaput.  So my question is if the human body in its natural state stops producing certain hormones for women of a certain age, why on Earth would somebody with an MD behind their name give an old man hormones that are only needed by a young woman for childrearing?  I can get down with surgical manipulation but hormones are no joke.  Some people have committed murder under the throes of hormonal imbalance.  My mom used to say that pregancy with a girl does strange things to your body because you are growing another mother and indeed science has shown that female fetuses have all their eggs in their ovaries before birth meaning that when you give birth to a girl, you just birthed your own grandchildren!   I just don't get the ethics of the whole thing.  At some point we have to stop playing god.  If Bruce is not interested in sex and just wants to shop at Dash, then scratch the hormones.

That said, there is a lot about this I don't get and as mentioned above, Bruce is a piss poor spokesperson for the transgender community.  Right now it just seems like he wants to play dress up.  When I see the tortured kids on YouTube and the suicides, I have to think that there is way more to this issue than what to wear to the theater.

Bruce would still need to take hormones to get him to the estrogen levels a woman (even a woman in her 60s) would have.  

I don't know how it goes, but just because you reach menopause doesn't mean ALL your hormones disappear, they level down. So I don't know how it works for those who transition later in life, but it happens.

I think some are being to hard on Bruce.  I see a lot of complaints that he seems to think shopping and makeup are all being a woman is about.  If we take him at his word, he's always been a woman in spirit, and he's had to express himself in ways that men would(aka sports and short hair).  I think his giddiness about the clothes is him FINALLY being able to do the things he's always wanted to without having to sneak around.

• Love 6

I think some are being to hard on Bruce.  I see a lot of complaints that he seems to think shopping and makeup are all being a woman is about. 

Think about who he's been living with all these years, in that house, shopping and makeup (and plastic surgery) ARE all what being a woman is about. The poor guy probably ended up in absolutely the worst place in the world for females to model himself after.

• Love 1
(edited)

Think about who he's been living with all these years, in that house, shopping and makeup (and plastic surgery) ARE all what being a woman is about. The poor guy probably ended up in absolutely the worst place in the world for females to model himself after.

I never got the impression that Bruce was trying to model himself after any of the K women.  He is just finally able to be himself after all these years of living in denial.  And he is still figuring some of it out.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 1

Ok...so Bruiser says he goes out all the time in his Girl Gear...and no one notices..

Um....Bruce is 6 2" sans heels....maybe its just me...but I sure as hell would notice..

I dont care what he does, but if Im in the LA area and see a female Lurch staggering around in heels, i know i would take a double glance to see if its our Brucella

Interesting that he's been going out dressed as a woman in public all along, even when he was an Olympian. Amazing that he wasn't recognized all the time.

I never got the impression that Bruce was trying to model himself after any of the K women.  He is just finally able to be himself after all these years of living in denial.  And he is still figuring some of it out.

His enthusiasm for girly things is sort of endearing - even to me, a lifelong tomboy. Bruce is already better at hair, nails and makeup than I will ever be!

Yes, but that wasn't the truth, was it.  She said he grew breasts as a result of injecting female hormones.

Yes, 36B he said - so did they just go away when he stopped hormones, or did he have them removed? I thought he said they were removed, but I could be wrong.

Maybe he meant people just do not notice that it is actually Bruce. It sounded like he has friends that he goes out as Her with.

I might be misremembering, but didn't Brandon say that he has been around Bruce as Her in the Diane Sawyer special? I thought I remember some of the four older Jenner's saying that. I could be not remembering correctly at all though.

Wow, Kendall was surprisingly impressive in the way she expressed herself. She also is so lovely, even with little to no makeup, especially when compared to her plastic sisters. Kourtney doesn't seem to have had work done, but she's no beauty. Kylie can lie all she wants, she has totally been under the knife, and she's going to probably look like hell by the time she hits 25, although she's looking 25 now.

I don't blame Khloe for being upset. She lived with him from the age of four. Does she even remember her real father? And it was cruel of Bruce to say he's only concerned about the Little Ks. That was a bastard thing to do.

• Love 2

I wonder if Kris's friend that called while he was speaking with Kourtney knew his secret. I read somewhere that she was purchasing female clothing for him. At the end of the phone conversation with her, Bruce said that he would call her at the hotel later. Maybe Bruce would meet with her and or other women/men in a hotel in order get dressed and go out dressed as her.

(edited)

Oh my God, Kim's lips look like Goldie Hawn's in "First Wives Club."

Kim will be looking a lot more like Goldie as she ages.

Who plans a kids vacation to strengthen bonds with each other during some on going family turmoil and drags along outsiders? If my father were undergoing a sex change, I wouldn't be discussing the subject or my feelings about it with ass clingon like Jonathan around.

Kim really is a bitch, I'm sure Jonathan would happily sleep on floor at the foot of her bed instead of a penthouse.

I thought Kanye actually appeared on this vacation, is he lurking around hiding from the cameras.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5

So why did they bring their friends with them anyway? That was stupid! I would have said 'this is a family trip. If you want to go on a ski trip with your friend go for it. Some other time, just the two of you'.

• Love 2

Is it me or does Kim have the most annoying way of talking baby talk to North? The kid is nearly 2 the time for baby talk is over.

I do love how natural Scott is with his kids, nice to see him with Reign.

• Love 1

Since when does the precious north west make appearances on this kraptastic show? I thought they were keeping her out of the spotlight [insert eye roll]. So much for all the camera tricks and baby face blurring last season. The kids and the lord are the only reason to watch.

• Love 4

The Kardashians don't bother me at all, but that Jonathan sends me over the top. The fact that he was even on this trip was enough to make me want to throw something at the tv.

I love how everyone says he lives up Kim's ass, right to his face, and he just grins like an idiot. What happened to his business? Why don't he and Malika make their own lodging arrangements? Can't afford to?

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think I've seen them refer to  "our dad" so much with regards to Bruce. With the binoculars, it was "their dads."

Khloe was yelling at Kim to focus on family during the trip, yet she had Malika everywhere with her except for the heliskiing. Both Kim and Khloe should have left the friends at home if this was a "kids family trip." Kylie the moody teenage didn't even bring a BFF along, Khloe and Kim can go on a family trip without theirs.

Kylie really was pure Jenner while snowboarding, she was a natural and then the heliskiing. She must be a great surfer too.

Love Scott, Kourt, kids and the baby. 

LOL Love Kendall in the preview yelling at Kris for following her around during fashion week. Not surprised, Kendall wants her nowhere around.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Jonathan is such a snake. He's nice to Kim and Kris because they let him suck up to them, but incredibly rude to everyone else (and not just in this episode, there was another one a couple of years ago where he was hideous to Kourtney). I can't believe Kim lets him talk to her family like that.

• Love 5

Stop trying to make Malika happen, she's not going to happen.

Kim booking Jonathan into a penthouse & Malika into the couch was hysterical, I guess she doesn't want to lose her suck up.

Anyone knows why Khloe is always the driver when it's just the sisters? 

• Love 2

Anyone knows why Khloe is always the driver when it's just the sisters? 

Because she can see over the steering wheel?

I think it's cute whenever Khloe makes attempts to hang with the Jenners during outdoor activities.  She's just as nonathletic as all her Kardashian kin, but at least she cares enough to try.

So were Malika and Kim's trained monkey on the trip to make Khloe and Kim look good by comparison?  Someone flies me on a private jet to a luxury resort for free and I'll gladly sleep in the bathtub and shine all their shoes at night.

Gee, a family trip without Kris or Bruce and Scott is having a grand old time?  What are the odds?

• Love 4
(edited)

Is it me or does Kim have the most annoying way of talking baby talk to North? The kid is nearly 2 the time for baby talk is over.

I do love how natural Scott is with his kids, nice to see him with Reign.

I thought "Nori" was her nickname - sounded like Kim calls her "Northie."

Good to see Reign - yes, Scott does seem very natural with his kids. Fun to watch.

Kylie really was pure Jenner while snowboarding, she was a natural and then the heliskiing. She must be a great surfer too.

Those Jenner genes sure are great for sports!

Edited by nexxie

I'll start with what I liked:  Scott spending time with his kids.  He really seemed to be enjoying himself with them.  Maybe a vacation without Kris Jenner is what he needed.

Khloe going out of her comfort zone to do whatever Kylie wanted to do, to spend time with her - recognizing that these activities were ones that Kylie would normally do with her dad.

The premise of the episode was lets have a "kids only" vacation to let Kylie and Kendall know we're there for them.  But Kendall can't come.  Oh, well.  And let's not invite any of those other Jenner kids even though Kylie seems to enjoy being around them and they might be helpful (at the very least they're dealing with the same issues) - instead, let's invite Jonathan Cheban and Malika because they're just loads of fun. 

And what does Cheban need a penthouse for?  Kim's butt not big enough for him?  I wonder how long it took him to call "his friends in NY" (Radar OnLine) after Kim talked to him about Bruce? 

Of all the episodes I would have liked to have Kanye in, this was the one, because I would have paid to see him trying to ski and sliding down the slopes on his butt.

• Love 6

Did you know that transgenderism is a mental disorder? Nothing more, nothing less. Dr. Paul McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current distinguished service professor of psychiatry has stated that “transgenderism is a ‘mental disorder’ that merits treatment, that sex change is ‘biologically impossible,’ and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/my-hope-for-the-man-bruce-jenner/#4yOj6ds08lIQjDZ7.99

(edited)

Did you know that transgenderism is a mental disorder? Nothing more, nothing less. Dr. Paul McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current distinguished service professor of psychiatry has stated that “transgenderism is a ‘mental disorder’ that merits treatment, that sex change is ‘biologically impossible,’ and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/my-hope-for-the-man-bruce-jenner/#4yOj6ds08lIQjDZ7.99

50 years ago his predecessors were saying homosexuality was a mental disorder and giving them electric shocks .So time moves on and diagnoses change no matter how 'distinguished ' the guy voicing his opinion is at the moment.

ETA

and this is a guy who injected himself into the Prop 8 court case to say he thought that being gay might be a lifestyle choice .But believes in transubstantiation so he could do with a shrink himself.

McHugh was the Catholic Churches tame psychiatrist when trying to duck the blame for abuse in the church.

quotes  from him 

This behavior was homosexual predation on American Catholic youth, yet it’s not being discussed.” (McHugh, a retired Johns Hopkins University professor, has previously stated that he does not believe in a gay gene and that acceptance of gay people is “part and parcel of the pandemonium that the permissive movement has brought.”)

Gets paid well these days as an defense expert witness for child abusers and was trained by one of NAMLBA's leading theoreticians

Suuuch as distinguished fellow .

Edited by Humbugged
  • Love 6

I don't think I've seen them refer to  "our dad" so much with regards to Bruce. With the binoculars, it was "their dads."

Khloe was yelling at Kim to focus on family during the trip, yet she had Malika everywhere with her except for the heliskiing. Both Kim and Khloe should have left the friends at home if this was a "kids family trip." Kylie the moody teenage didn't even bring a BFF along, Khloe and Kim can go on a family trip without theirs.

Love Scott, Kourt, kids and the baby. 

LOL Love Kendall in the preview yelling at Kris for following her around during fashion week. Not surprised, Kendall wants her nowhere around.

I hope Bruce wont stop his athletic hobbies after the transitions.It would be sad if he turns girly girl and spends all his time primping and shopping like a Kardashian.

I think that might be a fear of Kylie's.

• Love 1

Ok what bothers me about this and makes me tend to think that this article is more believable than what we are watching unfold with this group are a few things. Why if Bruce was starting with hormones etc before Kris would he stop that process and marry and start yet another family with her?  So was his need to be with her so great it over rode the need to be a woman ? I mean I dont doubt that he started just what he says but why then did he start again with her as a man? If he is feeling "feminine" then why still doing mostly "guy" activities with himself and his children? He says in interview that he became this athlete because he was running from who he really was - suggesting that he was so wanting to hide his secret that he did it really well thus the Olympic winner we all watched. Ok fine but why still doing "manly" stuff  and enjoying doing them if a woman now and out? Like other than putting on a costume and parading around really enjoying life as a woman by doing some thing other than dress up that is natural to women? These are some of the aspects to this story that he is so publicly trying to tell that bother me- and yes really make me think that there is some truth to what he is doing but also something that is just not right and actually very off about this whole thing. I dont think it is as simple as one thing that has caused this rather I think this is a very complex issue caused by over indulgence  narcissism couple with fame and over abundance of $ all the time in the world for what ever you want to do and OCD plus more I am not trained doctor to see. But think as a viewer it is the obvious. I really am willing to bet that he will not find the happy ending in this journey he is hoping for and that we all would really like him to have since he is who he is and we have watched be tortured by Kris publicly for years.I just dont understand why nobody is actually saying or questioning all the things that just dont make sense in his story. I think his explanation of why he married Kris and what was his thinking then would help to understand his thinking now immensely. Also why destroy your life as you have made it for a few years at best starting all over?  And from what he said during show he is not transgender he is a cross dresser with some facial surgeries and on hormones. Maybe? Am I not getting that part right ? 

I hope Bruce wont stop his athletic hobbies after the transitions.It would be sad if he turns girly girl and spends all his time primping and shopping like a Kardashian.

I think that might be a fear of Kylie's.

When asked by Scott, Bruce said why should he be expected to give up the "fun stuff" just because he is transitioning.  It's a stereotype that transgenders (as well as females) are just interested in pimping and shopping.  There are many, many who are into athletic hobbies. 

Kylie's reaction is typical of anyone that age going through such a major life change.

• Love 2

50 years ago his predecessors were saying homosexuality was a mental disorder and giving them electric shocks .So time moves on and diagnoses change no matter how 'distinguished ' the guy voicing his opinion is at the moment.

ETA

and this is a guy who injected himself into the Prop 8 court case to say he thought that being gay might be a lifestyle choice .But believes in transubstantiation so he could do with a shrink himself.

McHugh was the Catholic Churches tame psychiatrist when trying to duck the blame for abuse in the church.

quotes  from him

This behavior was homosexual predation on American Catholic youth, yet it’s not being discussed.” (McHugh, a retired Johns Hopkins University professor, has previously stated that he does not believe in a gay gene and that acceptance of gay people is “part and parcel of the pandemonium that the permissive movement has brought.”)

Gets paid well these days as an defense expert witness for child abusers and was trained by one of NAMLBA's leading theoreticians

Suuuch as distinguished fellow .

Edited by Humbugged, Today. 6:28 am.

Humbugged- this guy is quite distinguished. Here are his credentials- 

McHugh was born in Lawrence, Massachusetts, the son of a Lowell High School teacher and a homemaker, He graduated from Harvard College in 1952 and from Harvard Medical School in 1956. While at Harvard he was "introduced to and ultimately directed away from the Freudian school of psychiatry."

Following medical school, McHugh's education was influenced by George Thorn, the Physician-in-Chief at the Harvard-affiliated Peter Bent Brigham Hospital (now Brigham and Women's Hospital). Thorn was disillusioned with Freudian psychiatry and felt that those who devoted themselves to it became single-minded, failing to grow as doctors. Thorn encouraged McHugh to develop a different career path, suggesting that he enter the field of psychiatry by first studying neurology. At Thorn's recommendation, McHugh was accepted into the neurology and neuropathology residency program at the Massachusetts General Hospital where he studied for three years under Dr. Raymond Adams, the chief of the Neurology Department.

From Massachusetts General, McHugh went to the Institute of Psychiatry in London (where he studied under Sir Aubrey Lewis and was supervised by James Gibbons and Gerald Russell). Following his year in London, McHugh went to the Division of Neuropsychiatry at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.

After his training, McHugh held various academic and administrative positions: Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College (where he founded the Bourne Behavioral Research Laboratory), Clinical Director and Director of Residency Education at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division. After reportedly being passed over for the Cornell chair in favor of Robert Michels (physician), he left New York to become Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Oregon.

From 1975 till 2001, McHugh was the Henry Phipps Professor of Psychiatry and the director of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at the Johns Hopkins University. At the same time, he was psychiatrist-in-chief at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is currently University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

His own research has focused on the neuroscientific foundations of motivated behaviors, psychiatric genetics, epidemiology, and neuropsychiatry.

In 1992, McHugh announced that he was going to leave Johns Hopkins and accept a position as director and CEO of Friends Hospital in Philadelphia. The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine quickly sought to retain him and was successful in doing so.