Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

Thanks for creating this forum. A ;place to keep up with all the antics of Babs, Sherri, Jenny and Whoopi. Next week they are off for spring break. Should be back to new shows the following Monday, April 7th.

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Thought I would try out my new account to make sure it works ... seems it does.  So nice to see the familiar names here from twop.  It will hopefully make the transition less tragic for me come May. 

• Love 2

I am really glad to see a general discussion forum.

This format seems to work the best with 'talk' shows.

Drama and sit coms are different and it is better to discuss episode by episode.

Thank you Lisin.

I'm new here along with most everyone and trying to familiarize myself. Thank God we weren't left spinning in the wind and found your forums.

Over at the other TV website that is closing down, there was one thread where everyone posted comments in just this one thread. Will this one be considered the same or will there be other threads that we will need to find to check it all out.

There won't be one long thread here, you can have threads for each of the hosts, and maybe weekly episode threads? We're trying to avoid thousand page long threads as they're hard for new members to join in. All the threads will be contained here in this forum though so you don't have far to look.

• Love 2

There won't be one long thread here, you can have threads for each of the hosts, and maybe weekly episode threads? We're trying to avoid thousand page long threads as they're hard for new members to join in. All the threads will be contained here in this forum though so you don't have far to look.

That's such a great idea to me and I think many of the refugees will come to like it more when this board starts getting slammed, and it's going to happen.

I have to note that The View's popularity has waned, even though many of us mostly read the forums because we can't stomach the show anymore, and the boards are much more entertaining anyway.

• Love 5

I quit this show at the start of the 2011-2012 season, but couldn't give up reading the snark at TWoP. As Fisher King said, the boards are far more entertaining than the show. Thanks to Previously.TV we have somewhere to go. I already feel better just seeing some familiar names!

• Love 3

Damn, I missed the joke, backformore. I always miss the good stuff. WTH didn't you just get a warning rather than a ban? Especially now when they'll only be around a  few more weeks anyway. Years ago, when I first posted there, I  received a very nasty and rude warning which provoked me into a rant which, of course, led to my banning and months later, (or maybe even a year later), I went back with a new name, (this current one). In addition to being rude, the mod also was completely inconsistent in warning me for a minor infraction and something I had seen many others do often.

It hasn't been too busy in The View forum here, but I'm sure it will be once TWoP is gone. I've been reading and posting in several  other forums here at PTV and I actually like it a lot better here. I've found that the mods are very reasonable, not on power trips, and I also like that many of them watch the shows and  participate in the forums. It just makes it more enjoyable and if they do have to say something to keep us in line, we understand where it's coming from, and that it's from a mod who is also a member of the community.

Looking forward to posting with you here, backformore!

• Love 2

Hey guys, just letting you know that if you @ mention someone here the system will automatically bold the name and notify, you can't @ mention yourself so for the sake of example, if you typed @Lisin and then hit reply you would see Lisin and I would get a notification. This isn't always perfect and sometimes it doesn't work due to bugs but it's a neat feature I wanted to let you know about. Thanks! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks @Lisin. I read about it somewhere in the site business forum recently and then I forgot to try it. It's a good idea!

ETA:  Argh....it didn't work.

ETA2:  Trying again because I just read here:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/6304-new-feature-mentions/#entry58741

Sometimes it doesn't work when there's a period right after it (but not all the time).

So, let me try this again without the period at the end of the sentence - Thanks @Lisin

ETA3: Well, that's weird. Not only did it work this time, but when I edited my post without making any changes to my first sentence in the original post, it suddenly fixed my first attempt. The first time I posted it, it didn't work and was still showing the @ sign.

Sorry if  I'm looking like an airhead now.

Edited by LuckyBitch

Well, I made a joke on TWoP, and got kicked to the curb.  (who knew a sense of humor was bannable?) 

So I guess I'll be hanging out here.

Welcome to the club! I was banned twice by Howard. The 2nd time, only for ONE supposed boards on boards error, referring to a show's fans. One strike, no warning, and I was out lol. So glad to be here!

• Love 2

TwoP Pembleton just shut down the board because of all the off topic posts with respect to Sherri.  Too bad, because Cementhead made a very succinct comment, but it got deleted, along with a number of other really good posts.  I'm going to check my email to see if I can recover some of them.  Be back later.

Former Nun said:  I can't recall whether Sherri had her eggs frozen or embryos.  Anyone?   Embryos would also belong to her ex-husband, right?

This is the only post I was able to recover.  I don't know anything about eggs or embryos, so ......

• Love 2

Sheesh, I hate when they close it down over there! I always miss the good stuff. Plus, give me a break, the whole site is shutting down soon anyway!

You know, with the site closing down anyway, I say this is a good time for us to just start posting about The  View over here at PTV and forget about them.

• Love 6

As soon as I finished typing my reply to Cementhead's great post - which is still there - and hit reply, Pem had locked the thread. 

Damn, backformore, I guess I missed it, too.  So stupid to be locking threads and banning people with less than 3 weeks life left in the place.

• Love 5

I couldn't believe they shut it down either at this point. I like this better anyway because we can rant about a particular topic by going to another thread. Makes a lot more sense. Glad to see more of us here.

• Love 3
(edited)

That was some ridiculous act, locking the thread like that.  Who cares?  We were enjoying the chatting back and forth and treating each other respectfully.  Screw them.  It WAS about "the show," because Sherri's refusal to comment on her own news item was relevant. 

Gotta get used to seeing this format. 

Edited by Lava VaVoom
  • Love 4
(edited)

Twop is getting a little heavy handed cosidering the site is closing in 2 weeks. I got a warning for being "board on boards' because I asked a question in "The View thread. It was a random question & thought and not actually about one episode of the 'show' When I asked why I was given a warning I was told  "You know the rules"

Huh?  Really?

Edited by Taylorh2
  • Love 2

I still think they are banning people left and right also because I've noticed quite a few brand new posters lately. It doesn't seem many would be signing up for the first time right now, so I'm assuming most of these are banned posters coming back under a new identity.

• Love 1

I would have thought that the mods over there would have backed off now that the bitter end is coming. It's strange how they continue to police every little post.

• Love 3

It's strange how they continue to police every little post.

What will these pettifoggers do with their time after May 31?  Become IRS auditors harassing waitresses about tips?

• Love 3

I agree.  I was on my fourth account in several years because I kept getting banned for ridiculous infractions of their "rules."  What the hell was the "boards on boards" rule?  No one was ever unbanned or had warnings removed from their profiles.  To me the worst thing you can do is flame someone else, and I only saw that once on another thread.  The mods let it go.

After awhile, I began posting less.  You can have your fingers slapped for only so many times before it becomes ridiculous and not worth the effort.  I'll continue to play nice here, as I appreciate this opportunity.  I can even tolerate warnings.  But to shut threads down??  Silly.

But I and others DID enjoy calling them out on another social networking site under my real name.

• Love 5
(edited)
I was also warned once, for agreeing with another poster. Which I found odd, especially the 'tone' of the warning. It was worded in a way, that the mod who warned me wouldn't have tolerated if it'd been a poster. I'm not surprised to see so many people from the TWOP voice their dislike of how the forums are run on other social media sites. 

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 2

I've had as many as three warnings at a time.  Right now I have two, but upon reflection, I DID get carried away & don't hold a grudge.  I know other posters have been "infracted" for what seemed to be idiotic reasons, but we're almost finished, so I'm good.

Unfortunately I think the mods at TWOP were following rules and not the ones making them. But they certainly could be harsh on an individual thread where things were acceptable on other threads. And to place a warning for saying things like YMMV as the end of a pos rather than please don't. Howard, imo, was the worst. And they never expire the warnings and now don't even post the old reasons. I have 5 "other" reasons and one boards on boards. Am rated (lol) excellent and amazed why the number can change 30ish points now and again without being rapped on the knuckes for over a year. Signed on in 2010.

• Love 3

Hey guys, we're really glad you're comfortable here, and thanks for the appreciation!  Let's all just be glad we found a happy new home, and leave TWoP and the discussion of the mods there in the past where they belong.  Thanks.

Would the Small Talk section be the place to post entertainment news stories about anyone from The View; even if none of the hosts directly addresses said news story(ies) on the show itself? Or, would such a post need to go in the Media section? Thanks, for welcoming us to your site!

@Jiggle Billy, if the news is about a particular host, I would post it in that host's thread.  If the news is about the show in general, I would post that here.  If the news is about guests of the show but not about what they are doing on the show, we need to create a new thread for that.  Did that make sense?

TwoP Pembleton just shut down the board because of all the off topic posts with respect to Sherri.  Too bad, because Cementhead made a very succinct comment, but it got deleted, along with a number of other really good posts.  I'm going to check my email to see if I can recover some of them.  Be back later.

As soon as I finished typing my reply to Cementhead's great post - which is still there - and hit reply, Pem had locked the thread.

Aww Thanks Medicine Crow and Catty Tiger for the above mention!  I appreciate that!  It is sooo nice to see familiar names here tonight as it will make the transitioning so much easier. 

• Love 2

And here we are - I dare say the best group of message board thread posters!  haha

I hung in last night at TWoP until they shut it down just because, to the bitter end I guess.  I am just so grateful that we could migrate here together!  YEA!!!

• Love 6