Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

i got banned from TWOP just a couple days ago, by, you guessed it... Howard

pachebo,

You have been given a warning by TWoP Howard.

Reason: Boards-On-Boards
<div class='callout'>
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From The View: Banned for thinking the rules don't apply to you. Other posters have been warned for not using caps, or using all caps, but most of them aren't repeat offenders.

i just listened to the kathie lee  bitsy thing, and gagged through most of it. I always knew she  (KL... Bitsy was never in doubt) was a bit of a nutcase, but that really did it for me! I dont know how Hoda can take it! Oh, and moderator, go ahead and warn me in your classic mother superior way that this is off topic. (one time i was warned for not using capital letters properly!)
  • Love 1

Hi everyone! cottagegrl from TWOP (mishap when creating an account here).   I have a feeling I'm going to love it here.

going completely off topic for a minute - I can't find The Talk forum. anyone else ever go there?  thanks

ginger, I sent David Cole a PM asking about it.

I find it odd, because every other show imaginable is listed (Little House on Prairie, hehe)  I thought I was just not seeing it.

I've always been curious what a cruise from the north would be like.  I've only done Miami to the Carribean twice.  Do you see the eastern coast along the way?

Good luck, mtlchick! :)

I refuse to watch any episodes of the View anymore, but all of you from the TWOP thread had such entertaining and snarky posts about it so I'll definitely look in here regularly just for that fun.

• Love 3

I've tried to watch The View a few times since BW left and since TWOP shut down and I just can't get into it anymore.  I've lost all interest.  Seems like an entirely different show now.  With all of the original hosts all gone now and with that barely even mediocre panel of new hosts, it is no longer The View. 

• Love 1

For me it stopped being the "View" when Joy left.  Why it is still on the air I do not know.  I would have thought Barbara "leaving" would have killed it but apparently not.  If it wasn't coming back in the fall I would think they would have announced it by now.  And for the life of me I do out understand how Sherri continues to be employed by ABC.  IMO she brings absolutely nothing of value to the show.  She isn't smart. She isn't entertaining.  She definitely isn't as funny as she thinks she is.  But she is however loud, opinionated and in constant need of being the center of attention. 

• Love 7

For me it stopped being the "View" when Joy left.

I totally agree with you on that, susieq147.  I meant to include that in my above thoughts when I was typing but forgot to get it in.  Joy's leaving definitely marked 'the beginning of the end' but I still kept tuning in for the first 10 minutes of Hot Topics and would catch some of the trainwreck that was The Year of Barbara. 

• Love 1

Well I survived another NKOTB cruise.  Jenny's dad and sister Jojo were on board this year.  Since I had no desire to talk to them, I kept my distance but a good chunk of the fans interacted with them.  Jojo did seem to be overwhelmed on the first day but loosened up (this chick likes to grind a lot.)  Her father was constantly brought up on stage to dance (it's as old white man as you can get.)  Donnie did end up calling Jenny during the poker game he has on board each year so we did hear her on speakerphone for a moment before the signal dropped out. 

I'm not a fan of hers in the slightest (I would say more but let's just say NKOTB fans has a way of talking to others including the members so I can't risk it) but I know Donnie well enough to say that I know that he's in a better place than he has been for the past few years.  So if she's doing that, I can't completely fault her.  

• Love 2

Not on the cruise, but I think he mentioned on his twitter page there was one person that he was seeing a bit more of than the others.  

As to show how desperate some are, I was sitting near a girl on the boat who was loudly talking that she was a newbie to this, if there were "single, straight guys" on board and that would "totally make out with Jenny's dad."  I almost threw up. 

(edited)

After taking a  few weeks off  from reading about The View, I'm finally caught up in this forum. It's so nice to see so many familiar names here. I quit The View in September of 2011 but I love reading all your comments about the show and the co-hosts.

I just have one question: Has CosmoCrush made it over here from TWoP? She was one of my favorite posters and I would really miss her if she didn't join us here.

Edited by LuckyBitch

After taking a  few weeks off  from reading about The View, I'm finally caught up in this forum. It's so nice to see so many familiar names here. I quit The View in September of 2011 but I love reading all your comments about the show and the co-hosts.

I just have one question: Has CosmoCrush made it over here from TWoP? She was one of my favorite posters and I would really miss her if she didn't join us here.

Yes Lucky, that's the ONLY thing I miss about TwoP -- one of our favourite fashionistas, Cosmocrush!!!  Where are you girl???  Get on over here!!!

• Love 2

Medicine Crow, I  really hope CosmoCrush shows up! It won't be the same without her. And, what will we do without the shoe reviews?

I have to say that I never thought it possible, but I like it here so much more than the old place. I love the fact that we can go off topic in the various threads and discuss whatever we want, as opposed to just sticking with what's on the show or risk getting your knuckles slapped with the ruler.

• Love 6

"It's so funny" - no, really, it is to me - from reading in Sherri's thread asking about posting during the show, that there's a pretty big group of us here that is naturally operating under a huge set of rules that is now non-existent - lol. 

Shoot, just using "lol" here is still giving me little "bad" twinges.

• Love 3

I rarely posted at TwoP. When I did though more times then not I ended up with warnings concerning things I had never gotten in trouble for anywhere else I've ever made posts at since I've been online. If member participation over there contributed to the closure it was probably due in part to the insane posting rules. Was using the lol term not allowed either? I know I got in trouble more then once about using ... at the end of a sentence or two. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I think the main rule here at PTV is, "Don't be a dick", which is one of the reasons I love it here. In all my years of reading about The View  at the old place, I don't think I've ever seen anyone being a dick.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think you are right, Lucky Bitch.  All our troubles in that thread came from politely talking about the co-hosts.  Great group there and here, and I'm so grateful for that.

Interesting how different threads have different sorts of posters in them.  One instance that still jumps out at me was the DWTS thread when Kelly Monaco came back for All-Stars, and the TWOP GH thread people came over.  They were breaking the rules all over the place, arguing, repeating the same stuff - quite disrupting for us regulars and whoever was moderating.  Things must have been done differently on the soap board.

Darn, I hit the report post instead of the edit pencil.  No, not reporting my own post - hee!

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 1

I think the main rule here at PTV is, "Don't be a dick", which is one of the reasons I love it here. In all my years of reading about The View  at the old place, I don't think I've ever seen anyone being a dick.

I think you are right, Lucky Bitch.  All our troubles in that thread came from politely talking about the co-hosts.  Great group there and here, and I'm so grateful for that.

Interesting how different threads have different sorts of posters in them.  One instance that still jumps out at me was the DWTS thread when Kelly Monaco came back for All-Stars, and the TWOP GH thread people came over.  They were breaking the rules all over the place, arguing, repeating the same stuff - quite disrupting for us regulars and whoever was moderating.  Things must have been done differently on the soap board.

Darn, I hit the report post instead of the edit pencil.  No, not reporting my own post - hee!

Exactly Lucky Bitch & Catty Tiger!!  That's what I like about The View "people".  We're pretty adamant about our feelings but not nasty to other posters.  That is NOT the case with other forums though where they argue back & forth & write friggin' opinion epistles about every damn show.  I followed some for awhile & then found it to be just too much reading & I didn't like the negativity.

• Love 1

The soap board I frequent doesn't put up with that kind of stuff and that's why I go there. The kind of soap "people" you described peeve me off to no end because they put all of us who like soaps in a bad light and make it easy to assume we're all like that. 

• Love 2

The soap board I frequent doesn't put up with that kind of stuff and that's why I go there. The kind of soap "people" you described peeve me off to no end because they put all of us who like soaps in a bad light and make it easy to assume we're all like that. 

It's not only the soap board (which I don't follow), but check out Dancing with the Stars or True Tori.  Those guys are absolutely rabid!!!  LOL!!!

• Love 1

I'll take your word for it....LOL

I gave up on DWTS except for clips a few years ago and haven't watched a single episode of True Tori. I'm more excited for the US version of Big Brother which is starting soon.

It's not only the soap board (which I don't follow), but check out Dancing with the Stars or True Tori.  Those guys are absolutely rabid!!!  LOL!!!

Heh heh, I've been posting in the True Tori forum. I didn't think we were that bad. Most of us think there's a lot of fake BS going on with that show. Also, Dean certainly has his issues, but that show revealed how messed up and narcissistic Tori is as well.

• Love 2

Heh heh, I've been posting in the True Tori forum. I didn't think we were that bad. Most of us think there's a lot of fake BS going on with that show. Also, Dean certainly has his issues, but that show revealed how messed up and narcissistic Tori is as well.

LOL, I guess I don't care THAT much!!  They're both screwed up beyond all recognition!!!

• Love 1

That's for sure, Medicine Crow. I couldn't care less about either one of them, but it's a damn shame how they use their kids on their TV shows and what they've put them through with this embarrassing series about Dean's cheating scandal.

• Love 2

WTH are CosmoCrush and  Bossa Nova?? Tonight's news will hopefully make them come on over here and join in with us!

I just responded to this on The Media Thread Lucky but I guess I should have come here first.  I'm still catching up with everyone's great snark.  You know me well.  Now, we just need BossaNova!  I wonder if she's registered here at all?   I'm hoping this great news will bring her here too. 

• Love 4

I just saw that, CosmoCrush. Ha ha, I immediately thought of you when the news broke and I thought this has to finally get you over here. You'll have a lot of catching up to do this weekend because, as you can see, we've been very talkative. It's really nice having  the different topics here so we can talk about what we want and not be limited to what aired on the show. Also, this "Small Talk" topic is for all off topic chatting, which we could never do at the old site.

• Love 3

I got in far too much trouble posting about The View the year that Rosie was moderating, this is my third "iteration" chuckles. And that year, we were pretty darn rabid.

Just thought I'd say Hi to y'all, I remember Cosmo and susie, mtlchick, Tosia  and a few others, not sure how many had changed their handles since back in the day.

• Love 4

Im pretty new to this site..... I wasnt on the other one but I have been involved in discussing The View ever since Rosie was on.... almost daily.

The purpose of this post is to say thanks.... I just love all the snark being posted about this train wreck of a show.... The View.... a show I love to hate.

• Love 10
(edited)

It's great, isn't it? Just think, what the hell would we have done when TWoP ended if we didn't have PTV to go to with all this craziness going on with The View and the co-hosts (ahem, Sherri) ? It's prefect timing actually, because we're free to talk about so much more here than just what happened on that day's show.

A big THANKS again to PTV!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 7

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I really live PTV because they don't issue warnings concerning minor grammar mistakes that may not be obvious to the person posting. I have a habit of using ... at the end of some sentences and got warned more then once at TWOP because I was used to doing that everywhere else but there. I can only imagine how many people they drove away over the years who joined hoping to snark and etc. with people who seemed to share their opinion and to discuss with others who didn't only to be driven away by trivial warnings for things like grammar and saying something sarcastic that wasn't offensive but particular staff there didn't like.

• Love 6

Ditto! I am so enjoying PTV's open conversations not restricted to show/ladies, such as the political views and speculation on Sal's sperm baby.  I sincerely hope that the courts/child protective services intervenes in the interests of the baby being adopted by loving parents without monetary intentions or rancor between parents.

• Love 1

I agree with everyone above. PTV is great. It takes a little getting used to but it is well worth it. The multiple threads that allow us to go full snark mode are wonderful!

• Love 3

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I really live PTV because they don't issue warnings concerning minor grammar mistakes that may not be obvious to the person posting. I have a habit of using ... at the end of some sentences and got warned more then once at TWOP because I was used to doing that everywhere else but there. I can only imagine how many people they drove away over the years who joined hoping to snark and etc. with people who seemed to share their opinion and to discuss with others who didn't only to be driven away by trivial warnings for things like grammar and saying something sarcastic that wasn't offensive but particular staff there didn't like.

I once received a snippy warning because I mentioned that I was watching it on my DVR and typed up what they said, quoting them because it was something good that I just had to share with exact quotes. Plus, it was something that I had seen other posters do before and I appreciated it.

The warning told me that posting a transcript as I watched it on my DVR was like live-blogging it as it aired (WTH?) and that if I wanted to do that I could get my own blog for that. Idiots.

To think how bummed I was when they announced they were shutting down, but, wow, I love it here at PTV. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I can't believe I'm here with so many familar Spew Snarkers.  After over a decade at TWoP and despite many trival warnings I was really bummed about it going down.   I figured it would be a perfect time to quit this show too - since all the fun I got from The Spew was snarking about it with you guys.  And I did quit - for about a month.  Oh, I lurked around here once in a while  but since I wasn't watching I didn't have anything to say.  Then the news of the Massacre at The View broke (more like Someone Came to Their Senses at The Spew) and I had to jump back in.  I admit this place really takes the sting  out of losing the other place but that's only because there are so many familiar names here and some really great new names too.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

We really appreciate you liking PTV boards, but please hold off on criticizing an old site. Thank you.

For my part, I noticed you guys were very snarky yet a tight knit group. I enjoy reading your posts here and at TWOP. It's been very busy on this forum this past week though. Please try to be aware of where you are; I did have to move stuff from All Episodes Talk to Media. I'm glad to be watching you guys. Thanks.

• Love 8