Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

Nice to see this smalltalk active!  I've not been around much the last few weeks to snark, my mother had a heart attack a few weeks ago and died this past Saturday.  You can check my profile and follow the saga if interested via my posts in the Duggar Small Talk "Prayer Closet".

So very sorry for your loss.

• Love 7

I think I will refrain from joining the masturbation discussion...... Ill just say... I dont have restless leg syndrome.

hehehehe

Nice to see this smalltalk active!  I've not been around much the last few weeks to snark, my mother had a heart attack a few weeks ago and died this past Saturday.  You can check my profile and follow the saga if interested via my posts in the Duggar Small Talk "Prayer Closet".

Peace and love to you and your family NextIteration..... be sure to take care of yourself while you go though this difficult time.

• Love 10

Cosmocrush, thanks for the link. I checked my new favorite supplement, Passionflower drops. I have been having severe anxiety lately, since we are moving to another state (HFC, can you hear me?) and this house is under contract and lots has to happen and we will be away for some of it. I feel like there is a blender inside my head, sometimes. Anyway, googled anxiety remedies and found this, got it, took it, and felt very sedated. I think I took too many drops. But, slept well, and anxiety not here today. I'm going to take just a few drops tonight and hope I sleep well.

Good info. I found my way to magnesium through the National Osteoporosis Foundation forum called Inspire. Lots of good info there. I take a product called "Calm" with calcium and magnesium. It is magnesium citrate, same stuff found in colonoscopy preps, at much higher dosage. Anyway, I tend to get plugged up, so I experimented and found the right dosage to do its job in that area too. But, here is my problem of sorts. Now that I am taking more magnesium I am getting more foot cramps. I am taking it in conjunction with calcium at what I think is the right proportion. What's up with that?

I'm a big fan of passionflower and use it myself so glad you found it and that the citrate is helping.

The mineral losses in our soil and as a result of that also our food supply is daunting but your foot issue could be a potassium shortfall

I've had success recommending a banana before bed and also coconut water or water sea salt and lemon with peel to deal with possible accompanying hydration problems

Not sure if this is allowed but I use a site called young again.com he has a product called all your minerals that is pretty darn good.

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 3

I'm a big fan of passionflower and use it myself so glad you found it and that the citrate is helping.

The mineral losses in our soil and as a result of that also our food supply is daunting but your foot issue could be a potassium shortfall

I've had success recommending a banana before bed and also coconut water or water sea salt and lemon with peel to deal with possible accompanying hydration problems

Not sure if this is allowed but I use a site called young again.com he has a product called all your minerals that is pretty darn good.

Good information. Thanks. I think I am usually dehydrated. There is nothing I like to drink so have to force liquids down. Well except for a Cosmo but that does t lead to hydration!! Will check out that website.

• Love 3

Nice to see this smalltalk active! I've not been around much the last few weeks to snark, my mother had a heart attack a few weeks ago and died this past Saturday. You can check my profile and follow the saga if interested via my posts in the Duggar Small Talk "Prayer Closet".

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and to your family. {{{hugs}}}

• Love 2

So sorry for your loss NextIteration. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

I have a really weird question. I made a boo boo when using the egg cooker and forgot the hole goes on the fat end of each egg and pricked the thinnest end of each egg. They just got done and I put them in a cold water bath in the fridge. The question is do you think they'll be really undercooked and not near hard boiled?

• Love 1

A personal question for the ladies out there.  I've done a little poll among my friends & family & have yet to come up with what's "normal" with respect to night time peeing.  I will be 72 pretty soon & have just started getting up about 6:00 a.m. within the last 4-5 months.  I'd be interested to know your experiences.

• Love 1

A personal question for the ladies out there.  I've done a little poll among my friends & family & have yet to come up with what's "normal" with respect to night time peeing.  I will be 72 pretty soon & have just started getting up about 6:00 a.m. within the last 4-5 months.  I'd be interested to know your experiences.

It is "normal"! I would mention it to your doctor though. Any change should be mentioned.

• Love 2

MedicineCrow - I will be 72 in a month. I have gotten up most nights for years. Sometimes I can sleep through. Haven't wet the bed yet!!

Thanks lookeyloo.  I wonder if having children has anything to do with it.  I didn't, so ....    It would appear you might be another Capricorn!!??  (Me?  Jan. 3rd.)

I'm in the same boat as NextIteration having lost my Mom. She passed away Friday at home due to cancer. I hate that disease. I know it needs funding so scientists can keep doing research for cures and people battling it need help. It's just hard to get away from it being mentioned just about everywhere. Especially on TV.

• Love 6

Thanks lookeyloo. I wonder if having children has anything to do with it. I didn't, so .... It would appear you might be another Capricorn!!?? (Me? Jan. 3rd.)

Thanks lookeyloo. I wonder if having children has anything to do with it. I didn't, so .... It would appear you might be another Capricorn!!?? (Me? Jan. 3rd.)

I still haven't mastered the quote thing mostly on the iPhone.

Yes Medicine Crow. Capricorn it is. January 1 for me. During WW II so no fanfare or "prizes". I had 2 children.

I'm in the same boat as NextIteration having lost my Mom. She passed away Friday at home due to cancer. I hate that disease. I know it needs funding so scientists can keep doing research for cures and people battling it need help. It's just hard to get away from it being mentioned just about everywhere. Especially on TV.

So sorry to hear. I am 6.5 years from my diagnosis and treatment and am still on pills. I agree that there is no getting away from it all around. I don't wear pink anything and surely not the ribbons. I try to go about my business and do what I think is good for my body but who really knows.

• Love 5

The memorial was just this past Sunday, so many people and names I've forgotten or names with faces because you don't see them often.  I kept sort of looking for my mom to help me remember, and she was not there.  It was strange.

Something pretty neat happened on Thanksgiving though, my half sister finally felt comfortable having her mother with us.  She's been hiding their relationship because she didn't want to hurt my mom (her step mom) - it was a very ugly divorce in the 50s and my dad got custody so you can imagine.  She was lovely, I'm happy for my sister that she still gets to have her mom. :)

• Love 10

Just saw a post my sister "liked" on Facebook. A friend of hers went to The Talk yesterday This is what she posted:

"Yesterday was a day to remember, we both won $5,000.00 worth of prizes from The Talk in NYC"

Someone asked what they received:

"Pasta maker, lg cell phone, chrome cast, pearls, smart watch, a three day vacation, a garment dry cleaner, cast iron pans, Omaha steak gift package, luggage and a ninja blender with a ninja coffee maker! oh and kiehls beauty regiment.".

Nice! What does The View audience get?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5

MedicineCrow and lookeyloo, I'm also a Capricorn. My birthday's in late December. December was a really stressful month in my parents' house growing up. My birthday, my mother's birthday, my parents' anniversary, and Christmas, too.

I feel for you Honey!!  When I was growing up, I got one present for Xmas & Birthday.  (Mom told me she spent more!!!)  Bummer for sure!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 5

I feel for you Honey!!  When I was growing up, I got one present for Xmas & Birthday.  (Mom told me she spent more!!!)  Bummer for sure!!!

Me too!  Although in my case it made some sort of sense as my birthday is Christmas Day.  My goodness we've got a lot of Caps here.  Good people, one and all if I do say so myself.

The think the only thing I really missed was a birthday cake so it was lucky that I liked Christmas Pudding.  Years later, my SIL started the tradition of having an early birthday dinner for me on Christmas Eve complete with cake and candles.  Pretty much of a fire hazard now if we added ALL the candles necessary to represent all the passing years. *lol*   But the kid in me does so appreciate having my chance to close my eyes, make a wish and...

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 6

Just saw a post my sister "liked" on Facebook. A friend of hers went to The Talk yesterday This is what she posted:

"Yesterday was a day to remember, we both won $5,000.00 worth of prizes from The Talk in NYC"

Someone asked what they received:

"Pasta maker, lg cell phone, chrome cast, pearls, smart watch, a three day vacation, a garment dry cleaner, cast iron pans, Omaha steak gift package, luggage and a ninja blender with a ninja coffee maker! oh and kiehls beauty regiment.".

Nice! What does The View audience get?

Fart jokes.

Bwahahahaha!   I love the posters on this forum.      

• Love 4

I watched The Talk today and was kinda jealous because that was a lot of pretty nice stuff. The View used to give away good things too when Mr. Gadget would show up. I can't remember the last time they gave anything of great value away though except that I don't remember anything happening since they moved to the new studio.

• Love 1

The Talk is NYC this week all four co-hosts were on CBS This Morning promoting it.  So at least for this week, people could either go see The Spew or The Talk.  Bad decision, View studio audience.   Bad decision.  

• Love 3

My sister, Janine's, birthday is on Christmas so we made a big deal on Christmas Eve (I don't know why not on the 25th daytime), where there was always a birthday cake and kinds of a special time for my sister to blow out candles, as we sang Happy Birthday, and then let her open her presents first.  She always got double--almost--presents.  You're right though it kind of sucks not to have a personal, special day.  We tried to make it up to her. 

• Love 2

You guys talking about the night urination reminds me of Everybody Loves Raymond when he was with his dad and all the old dudes at the lodge steam room. They were lamenting their aches and pains and nightly urination. One said, "I have to get up at least twice a night." Another said, "Twice? I get up 4 times a night to go pee." A third said, ".Well.... at least you get up."

Im paraphrasing.

• Love 4

Holiday greetings to those of us licking our wounds due to loss of a loved one & surviving a monumental illness.  My heart & prayers go out to y'all.

On a lighter note, here's something for the Capricorns:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/ask-anyone-born-around-dec-25-and-theyll-tell-you-being-a-christmas-babystinks/article27804911/?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Globe%20Life&utm_type=text&utm_content=GlobeLife&utm_campaign=132104804

(I've long since gotten over my birthday timing woes & quite enjoy a friend taking me out for a lovey lunch, which usually includes Key Lime Pie, & the calls from family & friends.)

• Love 6

Just catching up on the show and forums. Sorry for all the long overdue thumbs ups! The show sucks. I'm only hanging in there for the snark. And because I just can't miss the blow out that finally pulls it off the air.

Enjoy your Celebrations Preverts! 

• Love 3

Hope all you The Spew (sorry, it's just not The View anymore) family here have wonderful holidays with someone(s) you love and/or somewhere you really want to be. You guys are highlights of my online days & I appreciate you being here.

Happy Greetings to all you MODS as well!

• Love 9

Hope all you The Spew (sorry, it's just not The View anymore) family here have wonderful holidays with someone(s) you love and/or somewhere you really want to be. You guys are highlights of my online days & I appreciate you being here.

Happy Greetings to all you MODS as well!

You're sweet.  xo

• Love 3

I have taken up the coloring too. My mother ( who was an artist) is someplace

rolling her eyes because she wouldn't let us have them as she was a color outside

the lines type of person. I am enjoying it.

I've started coloring too. Maybe we can talk about it more in the 'Small Talk' thread?

So, I've taken up adult coloring books. Supposed to relieve stress and anxiety. After listening to that airbag Whoopi in Hot Topics, I grabbed my Secret Garden book and coloring pencils and escaped to my bedroom for therapy.

Moving this here to say: I, too, have picked up colouring. I'm working on Secret Garden as well and a Colour Therapy postcard book. What art materials are you all using?

I started with colored pencil (Sargent) which I found pale pastel looking then moved to Pental pens which of course or more intense bright colors. They  leak thru to the back of each sheet so you can use the back of that page.   I now have primsmaccolor pecils which I am happy with. I just got tin of 24 so am ordering about 10 extra individual colors from an art supply. The first book I tried is OWLS a Creative Haven I like it both for pencils and pens. I ordered what was a best seller on Amazon Mandala which is really simplistic and I think a waste for me. . Paisley Designs by Mary Nobel (which I like a lot) I ordered at the same time a 50's Fashion and Victorian Fashion and to me they are limited.

I went on line before heading to Michaels and they are all out of pencils so tis popular. I have not done too much shading yet. I have drawing ability and a strong sense of color. I used to kid my manager where I was a floral designer  that  "color was my life"  I think Amazon has inexpensive books..

What are you using? In all fairness I did learn to draw very early and when I wanted a paper doll my mother whipped one up and I made clothes.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 1