Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

AndKaylee is lucky Jill allowed her to get married and leave the barndo at all. I have a feeling she'll hold Renee hostage, at least as long as Ma and Pa are still there.

If Ma and Pa's new house in WV is on Amy and Kevin's land, it could be costing the Fosters money just sitting there empty. My mother had an in-law unit built in my sister's backyard. It worked out fine for Mom, but being on call was a lot of work for my sister, and the additional building raised her property taxes significantly and permanently. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently the Duggar sweet friend, Kirk Cameron, is reading his new children's book at a Fayetteville library today. I wonder if any of the Duggars will attend.

I feel for the library staff.  I just went and looked up the library's website, and this is not a library sponsored event.  Kirk has been wreaking havoc across different library systems with his books and program.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2023/03/16/tennessee-librarian-fired-after-pushback-to-kirk-cameron-event/70015936007/

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 16
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa, their home settled on an significant slant. Or they could have rotted floor joists in they aren't on a slab.

image.png.0aa4d107154472ddd21240e42f320342.png

House listing stated full basement - The dining room is in the original part of the house and not the additions, so a basement below.

I give them points for not refinishing the china cabinet in mama's favorite "distressed" finish and for no large picture of mama and daddy kissing or otherwise.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I wonder how big the library is. If Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Lauren and Katie all go, they'll likely be half of the crowd.

Maybe Kirk will stop by the TTH for some sweet fellowship.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is gonna add 50 more things to that room. No way Jill is leaving it alone. 

I'm thinking Jill is secretly ticked off that Kaylee did this without Jill's years of interior decorating experience and that post was passive-aggressive....and yes, Jill loaded up her van with a box of dusty clearance tchotchkes from her attic and drove them straight over to Kaylee's house as soon as she saw what Kaylee did.

42 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel for the library staff.  I just went and looked up the library's website, and this is not a library sponsored event.  Kirk has been wreaking havoc across different library systems with his books and program.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2023/03/16/tennessee-librarian-fired-after-pushback-to-kirk-cameron-event/70015936007/

Ewww, that is so gross.  The idea of KC attempting to take over any library for his own agenda gives me the creeps big time.  That article was sad but I have to say, I liked the take of the fired librarian who was just, "it happened, I'm moving on."  Sometimes, what else can you do?  It's exhausting.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 16
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I work at a library so I can only imagine. Though, we do allow groups to come in outside of our sponsored events. So, Kirk can show up and so can Drag Queen reading time! If you allow one, you allow all. Mr. Kirk can't argue. Its all about balance. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

I read the article and really the pushback was about the size of it and the composition of the audience.    It got HUGE.   The librarian was worried about it not being KIDS' storytime but adult fandom time.   Which is legit.   Also there was some dispute when he took over the library to do pre-show time private filming.    Which, it's a library, not your private studio KIRK.   

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I work at a library so I can only imagine. Though, we do allow groups to come in outside of our sponsored events. So, Kirk can show up and so can Drag Queen reading time! If you allow one, you allow all. Mr. Kirk can't argue. Its all about balance. 

The problem lies with Kirk's approach.  He wants pushback so he can go on Fox News and manufacture outrage. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebrities/kirk-cameron-2500-people-indianapolis-public-library/

He also approached multiple libraries around the country that he knew would say no to his proposal for the sole purpose of saying he's being cancelled.  For the libraries that have allowed him to use their meeting spaces per their own institutional policies, he's going above and beyond to make himself a nuisance.  Walking around the library filming himself plus his guests is an asshole move.  He was baiting the staff to do something.  I do not believe for one minute that the library staff and the library director who lost his job were intentionally making noise to disrupt Kirk filming.  

• Like 15
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4
57 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The problem lies with Kirk's approach.  He wants pushback so he can go on Fox News and manufacture outrage. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebrities/kirk-cameron-2500-people-indianapolis-public-library/

He also approached multiple libraries around the country that he knew would say no to his proposal for the sole purpose of saying he's being cancelled.  For the libraries that have allowed him to use their meeting spaces per their own institutional policies, he's going above and beyond to make himself a nuisance.  Walking around the library filming himself plus his guests is an asshole move.  He was baiting the staff to do something.  I do not believe for one minute that the library staff and the library director who lost his job were intentionally making noise to disrupt Kirk filming.  

Of course, he is playing the persecuted Christian. It's these people's game. They live for this. He is being an ass on purpose. If he just went in and did his program and that was it, then fine. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently the Duggar sweet friend, Kirk Cameron, is reading his new children's book at a Fayetteville library today. I wonder if any of the Duggars will attend.

I hope he gets all kinds of protestors 🤣. FUCK HIM.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Oh sweet Mike Seaver has no low. He organized group Christmas caroling at the height of the Covid shutdown just to protest mask mandates or as he calls them, government tyranny. As loathsome as Jim Bob is, it was so satisfying when the lady in DC asked Kirk to take a photo of her with JB.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Does anyone know if the entire Cameron family are as religious as he is? I know Candace is, but how about their parents and other sisters?

If I understand correctly, the family was NOT really religious before he met some girl (his wife?). How did he manage to get them into this?

Edit: Oups forgot a word. And yes, I know he became an ass at the end of the show.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Oh sweet Mike Seaver has no low. He organized group Christmas caroling at the height of the Covid shutdown just to protest mask mandates or as he calls them, government tyranny. As loathsome as Jim Bob is, it was so satisfying when the lady in DC asked Kirk to take a photo of her with JB.

Who's Mike Seaver?

11 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Does anyone know if the entire Cameron family are as religious as he is? I know Candace is, but how about their parents and other sisters?

If I understand correctly, the family was really religious before he met a some girl (his wife?). How did he manage to get them into this?

I can’t remember exactly, but I thought he found religion towards the end of Growing Pains and started becoming a real pain in the ass on set.

• Like 19
2 hours ago, SMama said:

The role Kirk Cameron played on Growing Pains, 80’s sitcom.

Who was a conniving, girl crazy teenager who had a best friend named Boner....😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 11
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I can’t remember exactly, but I thought he found religion towards the end of Growing Pains and started becoming a real pain in the ass on set.

Yes, he got one actress (who played his love interest) fired because she posed for Playboy. 

He should meet Tim R. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, he got one actress (who played his love interest) fired because she posed for Playboy. 

He should meet Tim R. 

I bet he doesn't even speak to Ashley Johnson anymore now that she's a big part of the Critical Role (a DnD game company) group.  She's awesome!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, tarheel220 said:

I bet he doesn't even speak to Ashley Johnson anymore now that she's a big part of the Critical Role (a DnD game company) group.  She's awesome!

Ashley Johnson is having a successful career doing a lot of different projects. Kirk spends his time spouting conspiracy theories and being annoying. 

• Like 17
On 3/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

Is it the way he is holding the shirt or is the spacing of on the letters? The ampersand looks to close to the m.  It could be just me but the spacing seems wonky. 

I am going to keep calling him Tim& regardless.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kirk has been buddies with the Duggars for a long, long time.

I wonder if he's still their buddy now that they don't have a TV show and their public image has been destroyed by Josh's crimes.            

• Like 11
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how big the library is. If Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Lauren and Katie all go, they'll likely be half of the crowd.

Maybe Kirk will stop by the TTH for some sweet fellowship.

Can't leave out Famy!  Maybe HE can be her ticket to superstardom! She won't know til she shows up at the library to try!

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3E964CB9-463C-436B-BD7D-61F3E2E45B48.jpeg

What's in that fancy gift package? I see two bottles of water and a banana. There must be a Plexus sample and a pair of pleather earrings too. 

Ma looks good. I wonder how she is feeling. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What's in that fancy gift package? I see two bottles of water and a banana. There must be a Plexus sample and a pair of pleather earrings too. 

A banana? Hmmm. I think it's a pickle. 

• LOL 9

I would recommend that retreat attendees not eat anything prepared by Rods. Also, I like turtleneck Ma's hair. Surely, Jill didn't give her a short haircut. Isn't short hair an affront to the Lord? 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I would recommend that retreat attendees not eat anything prepared by Rods. Also, I like turtleneck Ma's hair. Surely, Jill didn't give her a short haircut. Isn't short hair an affront to the Lord? 

I wouldn't be surprised if her mother's hair is long in the back. I assume Jill had to cut it short at the front to even it all out because of the area(s) shaved for surgery a few months ago. Given their beliefs, I can see Jill avoiding cutting off more hair than absolutely necessary. Dog forbid her mother has a manly type haircut! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I wouldn't be surprised if her mother's hair is long in the back. I assume Jill had to cut it short at the front to even it all out because of the area(s) shaved for surgery a few months ago. Given their beliefs, I can see Jill avoiding cutting off more hair than absolutely necessary. Dog forbid her mother has a manly type haircut! 

I think her hair is pulled back.  It would look cute in a short cut, and much easier to manage for Ma, but we cannot have that.

• Like 15

Jill is getting even more victims for her retreat?  I'm really surprised.  She hopes souls will be saved?  Honestly how many of the people attending won't already have prayed the sinner's prayer?

• Like 11

Jill: Let's get our bodies in shape for summer!

Also Jill: Anyone who wears less than two layers and shows more than their calves is sluttish and Hell-bound.

I swear, I would love to fund a large sign with a rotating collection of Jesus' best hypocrite burns (there's a lot of them, Jesus really didn't like hypocrites) near the Barndo.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
19 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is starting a weight loss program in April. We can join her! She suffered a miscarriage and needs to do the weight loss program. 

her dead eyes scare me.

D6BCCFA9-B2E1-46F5-90E7-138D18C3206A.jpeg

I'm gonna guess that buying Plexus is a requirement for Jill's diet plan. Why does she need to get her body ready for summer? She swims fully clothed!

• Like 13
  • LOL 7
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They are so worried about giving Ma a manly haircut that they are unironically giving her a Mullet, the sexiest men's cut on the planet.

I know! I swear, as I was typing that post, "business in the front, party in the back" was running through my head. 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3E964CB9-463C-436B-BD7D-61F3E2E45B48.jpeg

4002D950-3B86-4C86-B7DC-01C982DC6D7E.jpeg

Aren’t all of the “ladies” planning on attending already “saved?” 🤷‍♀️

14 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm gonna guess that buying Plexus is a requirement for Jill's diet plan. Why does she need to get her body ready for summer? She swims fully clothed!

And wasn’t she just on a diet? Clearly Plexus isn’t working.

• Like 16
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She got 200 victims to attend her retreat????

Guess 200 hunks paid for their wives to go lol.

200 men who wanted a couple days of peace.   Although its not even a weekend.   Remember the schedule, its like Friday night, Saturday morning, done by 2 on Saturday.

But Jill must be in HEAVEN.   They filled the block of rooms so I am sure the hotel threw a BUNCH of comped stuff at Jill.

The question is, how many are repeat attendees?   Because I bet this is a bunch of first time victims who will never attend again after spending so much time around Jill.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

Some women are not allowed to attend this conference without a headship in tow. Jill is one of them. She may count the tagalong men in her total. 

Wonder if they'll have the men's gathering room this year. There's a great picture of a previous retreat where the men are in a gray conference room sitting around a table looking bored, despite the TV on the wall. Hunk is leading a discussion, so that would put anybody to sleep. 

Tim will be there because Heidi is attending. Maybe he will be carrying his new Bible purse. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 13

I checked the hotel's website. Is the conference next weekend? That Friday night they are sold out, but not Saturday night. Jill called it the "Amish Door Village Inn," which sounds like they're bunking down in a pancake joint. 🤣

Actually, it's a business complex of a restaurant + bakery + hotel ("Inn") all under the name "The Amish Door," and their website inflates it to a "village." I hate to cut her any slack but I can see how she would call it the "Village Inn." Though I still think it's amusing. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1