Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

"Mrs. Rodrigues is my brothers mother in law and she has been trough a lot of pain, a miscarriage, but things havent been right, she has been back and forth to the doctors, and they are on vacation so it has been a new place new doctors... she feels like contractions but it hasnt happened... it has been a few days now"

from Reddit.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, AstridM said:

"Mrs. Rodrigues is my brothers mother in law and she has been trough a lot of pain, a miscarriage, but things havent been right, she has been back and forth to the doctors, and they are on vacation so it has been a new place new doctors... she feels like contractions but it hasnt happened... it has been a few days now"

from Reddit.

If you watch the YouTube video, it’s Pecan’s church Wednesday night church service. After Prissy says the above, Pecan talks about what a wonderful family the Rodrigues are. It sounds like JillR may have been about 5 minutes into a pregnancy per the test you can do before you even miss your period and is now in pain. 

• Like 6

I wonder if Priscilla let the cat out of the bag before Jill had a chance to put her spin on this? It will be interesting to see what happens next. I'm sorry about the miscarriage and that she's in pain, according to Priscilla. 

• Like 6

and "they are on vacation" and "all new drs"

They are on a grift tour serving in their ministry right?? certainly not on a vacation..... I know it's hard to tell the difference.

As far as we ever have seen, they have no regular drs at home. So even in ohio it would be all new drs and if Jill doesn't like what one urgent care dr says she will keep trying different ones.

• Like 15
46 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Remember that every time Jill miscarries, it is 'severe'.  She doesn't have those run of the mill average miscarriages.  Recall she's got a plaque on the wall in her bedroom commemorating each one.

This is also a woman who claimed she lost 40% of her blood volume with one of her miscarriages and lived to tell the tale when any other mere mortal would be comatose and near death after losing 20%.

I am sure she will be back online with a dramatic tale of her severe miscarriage soon.

Anyone who collects kids like baseball cards and treats them as poorly as Jill doesn't need more of them. I'm sorry she's miscarrying, if she is, but I am not sad that another little kid won't be coming along to help her grift.

I think Jill claimed she lost 60% of her blood 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 9
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

“I passed in and out and they offered me blood transfusions. I refused at first, but slowly grew weaker and whiter. I was so weak I could hardly move. I KNEW something had to be done. They finally called the doctor and rushed me in for an emergency D&C. The reason for all my bleeding was that part of my placenta was stuck in utero. I lost over 60 percent of my blood so they administered four units of blood through transfusion and wanted to give me a fifth, but I refused. I was still weak, but knew that I would live, praise God!”

this was an interesting take on jill and her crazy

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/08/why-do-stories-in-quiverfull-always-seem-to-be-so-inflated/

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 8

So, she’s supposedly lost over half her blood, putting her on death’s doorstep, and she’s reluctant to get a transfusion.  Her death would leave her kids without a mother and her headship without a helpmeet.  I don’t think God would want that.  They aren’t JW, so is the initial refusal of blood just another martyrdom feather for her cap?   

Edited by MaryAnneSpier
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking Jill didn’t think about the fact this would be mentioned in church, and be part of a video. Ironic when you think about it.

You mean because Jill leaked Jinger's wedding date and location?

• LOL 3

I'm having a hard time believing she wouldn't have rushed right to the internet gloating she was pregnant at the same time as her daughter as soon as the pee was dry on the stick.

Miscarriages are horrible and I don't wish them on anyone but damn they do not need more kids.

• Like 11
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Samuel and Timothy have the same voice lol. 

I tried watching the aquarium video but just could not stand Jill's voice.  One of the Not Nurses spoke but not seen, and her voice sounded so alien to me. There is something so unnatural about their speech, it's creepy. For example, Lydia Bates immigrated from Germany at ten years old. Before knowing about her backstory I knew they spoke only German at home. I detected that slight tell that a lot of second gen kids have. But it was not grating by any means. She has a better command of English than any Rod, including he parents.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking Jill didn’t think about the fact this would be mentioned in church, and be part of a video. Ironic when you think about it.

Especially after the sickening way she’s exploited her mother’s recent health issues. Suck it, Jill. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
8 hours ago, AstridM said:

He should stop by Goodwill and find a belt that fits him better. Good lord. 

There’s also an Amish/Mennonite store in their neighborhood that sells brand new belts, and I’ll bet they’re fairly cheap.  The Rod offspring break my heart.  They’ve been thoroughly damaged by their nutjob of a mother and deadbeat father.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Remember that every time Jill miscarries, it is 'severe'.  She doesn't have those run of the mill average miscarriages.  Recall she's got a plaque on the wall in her bedroom commemorating each one.

This is also a woman who claimed she lost 40% of her blood volume with one of her miscarriages and lived to tell the tale when any other mere mortal would be comatose and near death after losing 20%.

I am sure she will be back online with a dramatic tale of her severe miscarriage soon.

Anyone who collects kids like baseball cards and treats them as poorly as Jill doesn't need more of them. I'm sorry she's miscarrying, if she is, but I am not sad that another little kid won't be coming along to help her grift.

Was it 40%?  I was thinking she said 60%, but whatever the number, it was incompatible with life.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Thanks, I knew she claimed something ridiculous, I should've looked it up.  And, as we talked about before, people who've lost 60% of their blood volume are not in shock, they are dead.

I agree with the folks above on this thread.  It is entirely possible that Jill's period was late and she decided she was pregnant even if her home test was negative.  'A mother just KNOWS' seems like the sort of thing she'd say.  She might've even gone to the doctor or midwife and gotten a test done and decided, if it was negative, that she was one of those extra special pregnant women who test negative but are really pregnant (believe me, if I had a nickel for every time a woman told me she knew she was pregnant even though the test was negative because she never ever tests positive when she is pregnant, I'd be retired.  In 40 years, I have yet to meet a single woman for whom this notion was actually true; but there are a lot of people out there who freestyle their own medical condition).

You don't see women claiming that they are immune to pregnancy tests as often  as years ago, probably because everyone has easy access to accurate urine tests and even blood testing is back from the lab in less than an hour or two.  But, yes,  Jill is exactly the sort to need to make up some kind of BS story and I can see her claiming that her little miracle didn't test positive because of Jesus or whatever which is why she didn't announce.  Eventually, she realized she wasn't pregnant, probably after an ultrasound or 2 or 20, and now needs to finish up with a bang.  From what Prissy says about 'it hasn't happened yet', it doesn't sound like she's bleeding, probably just cramping because her period is late and, in many cases, that means it would be heavier.  BTW, there are meds a doctor can give a woman with a nonviable pregnancy that will usually get things happening and complete within a day or two but I am sure she would forego those because they are 'abortion drugs' but they make it possible for women with pregnancy losses to avoid surgery and to shorten the wait until the miscarriage is finished.

If Jill was 12 weeks when she had her near death experience and actually had a 12 week sized lifeless fetus in her womb, I guaran-damn-tee you that the doctor recommended scheduling a D&C rather than waiting it out,  Why?  Because a 12 week size fetus is pretty dam* big and it hurts like hell to pass it spontaneously which makes it hard to stay at home taking tylenol and the fetus itself would have fingers and toes, arms and legs and many people would not want to deal with it by themselves.  Also, because the baby is big, the uterus is large and the risk of hemorrhage is much greater.  She would've been counseled that waiting it out could lead to exactly the scenario that happened and strongly urged not to wait.  Also at 12 weeks, the placenta often doesn't separate cleanly from the uterine wall the way it does in very early pregnancy or at term (Nitabuch's layer hasn't formed yet) and so, ending up with a piece of placenta that doesn't come out  and triggers heavy bleeding means needing a D&C anyway is very common.  In other words, Jill probably was the reason things went so badly with that one.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 15

I'm going along with those of you who said period/menopause related.  My "Welcome to Peri" moment was a 4 month long period so heavy that, had I not known better, I'd have thought I was miscarrying at least 4x a day.  Fibroids, man.  Not going to go into the hellscape that is women's healthcare in this country, but there was a solid moment or 20 that I thought "okay maybe i was pregnant?" (I wasn't, it was just a b*tch of an angry fibroid)

While I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on *any*one*ever*, I do believe Jill just doesn't have enough actual knowledge of what happens to women's bodies during any time of their life, know what I mean?  I can't imagine she actually knows what causes a period, or what peri/meno actually IS.  She's definitely not passing standard school health education down to her daughters.  

• Like 18
  • Hugs 3

I skipped around with Jill's Florida Trip video.  I noticed there have been 1.6K views, but only 29 Likes.  On the beach one of the girls is using something to inflate the inflatables while DBD is just sitting, and the boys are fooling around with their boards.  Jill is the only person wearing sunglasses.  Nemo still appears terrified by Jill with her hideously loud cackling and talking.

• Sad 11

Super interesting comment from Heidi's sister - thank you for posting!

We are all horrified for Heidi.  Heidi feels her prayers have been answered.  When Tim tells her what to wear, it will please her to the bottom of her heart to oblige.  When Tim weighs her and tells her she's getting fat and eating too many Milky Ways, she will agree and go on a diet.  She will actually sing his praises and feel superior that she has such a strong, Godly man to submit to.  Because how would her silly little girl brain know anything if he wasn't there to tell her?  This is what she expects from a headship so I don't think there will be any acknowledged horror in the reality of the situation.  This isn't some free-will college girl plucked from her normal life and tied to this idiot.

I'd love to sit Heidi down and ask her what she loves about Tim and she's not allowed to refer to anything about his love for the Lord.  

How can her parents talk to him and see anything in him other than a person who is emotionally and perhaps intellectually stunted for one reason or another and for whom you should really only feel pity?  And probably more, that you should fear?  Instead they want to hand off their daughter to him? 

He's going to order her around like a dog and it will only inflate his feelings of his personal superiority because now he's a MAN with a wifey.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 25
  • Applause 3

Heidi's relationship with her headship will be tested when he quits his job (or gets fired) and decides to use her Plexus money for flying lessons.  

I hope her grifting skills are as good as Jill's. She has some media exposure, and she'll need it. Tim's father doesn't work, and his mother shakes goods and money out of other people so the family can survive. This is Tim's model of headshipness, and he has no reason to deviate. 

• Like 14
On 2/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, AstridM said:

Exactly. He has a car and presumably a few dollars from working. Buy a damn belt!

He may not be allowed to go by himself. He might see *whispers* bras and lingerie there! And be overcome by thoughts that cannot be righteously fulfilled, or some such BS. 

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't allowed enough pocket money, and enough time alone, to buy a damn belt. 

• Sad 9
7 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

How can her parents talk to him and see anything in him other than a person who is emotionally and perhaps intellectually stunted for one reason or another and for whom you should really only feel pity?  And probably more, that you should fear?  Instead they want to hand off their daughter to him? 

Do THEY know any better?   Sure one sister wears pants and went to college.   But that doesn't mean that the parents don't see Tim and his beliefs as the PERFECT man.   I mean the Mom is in Jill's downline for Plexus, how bright can she be?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I'm sure they sell belts at the Amish store in the area that Jill highlighted a month or two ago. If he can't be trusted to not go into the ladies' section, have Mahmo herself go with him. 

2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Do THEY know any better?   Sure one sister wears pants and went to college.   But that doesn't mean that the parents don't see Tim and his beliefs as the PERFECT man.   I mean the Mom is in Jill's downline for Plexus, how bright can she be?

We still don't know what Jeremy does for a living. But I think he does well; their autistic son gets services. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
On 2/13/2023 at 1:11 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

340075910_Screenshot(12613).png.679b2291a208700a07db420789d27e68.png

I just keep thinking about this picture.

When she was opening her gifts from Tim, she chose to wear a cute, age-appropriate, mainstream dress. A dress that shows her knees (and then some). A dress that shows her collarbone (and then some). A dress that fits closely and is cut to flatter her really very nice young figure.

She knows that soon she will need to submit to Tim's directives about what she wears. She knows that Tim would not allow her to wear this dress. She knows that Tim will rant and rave and call women names if they wear dresses like this one.

And yet, she wore it.

She wore it knowing that, most likely, she'll have to spend the rest of her life talking about how horrible she was to have worn such a dress, and how grateful she is to Tim for saving her. (Hey... at least she didn't cause an ungodly divorce by mowing the lawn in a bikini. So far as we know.)

She wore it to unwrap a Gilead-esque monstrosity three sizes too big. The dress Tim requires that she wear to hide almost every inch of skin, and certainly every curve, now that she belongs to him.

Maybe she figures that a dress is just a dress (spoiler alert: it's not). But there's still a certain cognitive dissonance.

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Did Jill post anything about her miscarriage? 

Jill’s timeline for posting is always wonky so I’m sure next week we will be inundated with her SEVERE pain and suffering. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2