Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Renee has on a fairly normal dress in this photo.

But is that a modesty panel tacked to the bottom of the skirt, or did Jill take a black marker to censor her knees? I can't tell from the screenshot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

But is that a modesty panel tacked to the bottom of the skirt, or did Jill take a black marker to censor her knees? I can't tell from the screenshot. 

I think it looks like a separate piece. 🤷🏼‍♀️

F631E24C-3731-4DEB-93B1-26F11AE5E84C.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, FFS…

Yep, a perfectly lovely dress that fits her properly and looks like it probably comes to at least the middle of her knee, but not good enough for BME until there is an ugly black slip underneath that hangs 6 inches lower.  Because Jesus said so.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

And why is Valentine’s Day so important to the church anyway? Hint, it’s not, just an excuse for the Rods to perform and get free food.

They probably passed the offering plate to take up a love offering for the Rods, as well.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

And why is Valentine’s Day so important to the church anyway? Hint, it’s not, just an excuse for the Rods to perform and get free food.

Considering that Valentine's Day is commemorating an ebil Catholic saint, you'd think they'd ignore it.  Saint Valentine supposedly got his reputation for performing marriage ceremonies for young Christian couples in the days of the Roman Empire against Emperor Claudius' law which didn't permit young men to get married until after they'd served in the Roman Army.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I'm amazed that it appears to be fresh flowers on the tables, silverware and dishes.  On second look maybe they are not real flowers but either way they are tastefully arranged. Maybe some of the church ladies are taking Nurie under their wings and smoothing off her rough edges. 

• Love 10

I think Not-Nurie's (then) pending engagement is what prompted the last video screed. I hope Tim figures something out before the next daughter marries or he might lose it completely. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Which reminds me, has her book of godly Christian advice to young ladies been published? 

There’s been no mention of it recently. Perhaps David ran out of ink!

• LOL 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There’s been no mention of it recently. Perhaps David ran out of ink!

Jill also posted a few months ago that the Rods went to a professional recording studio to make a CD. I assume the book and CD would be displayed on a table they set up at all their church appearances, for sale to the congregation. Maybe they also have some of those earrings on the table. 

Is this their usual tour time? Lately they've hit Pastor Sawyer's church (and his pool) and Nathan's.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jill also posted a few months ago that the Rods went to a professional recording studio to make a CD. I assume the book and CD would be the main merch at a table they set up at all their church appearances to sell to the congregation. Maybe they also have some of those earrings on the table. 

Don’t forget the business SHE opened. As quickly as she announced it, they went out of town. 🤦‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Don’t forget the business SHE opened. As quickly as she announced it, they went out of town. 🤦‍♀️

Gosh. I actually had forgotten. 🤣 I suspect her pastor's wife is paying the rent and making the regular visits to be sure the booth is stocked and tidy. The pastor's wife was featured in her post announcing Clotted Cream or whatever she calls it. Jill would never share a sliver of the spotlight with anyone if there's nothing in it for Jill. 

The only money making thing she posts regularly about is Plexus. Probably because she's required to as a condition of her fabulous exalted position in the pyramid. **snert**

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

The pastor's wife was featured in her post announcing Clotted Cream or whatever she calls it. Jill would never share a sliver of the spotlight with anyone if there's nothing in it for Jill.

Thank you SEVERELY for making me snort with laughter at the clotted cream.  I just looked it up and it's called ivory cream.

Her book and CD seem to have gone down the same route as her SEVEERLY injured knees where she tore THINGS. Into the black abyss

• LOL 16
3 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Thank you SEVERELY for making me snort with laughter at the clotted cream.  I just looked it up and it's called ivory cream.

Calling that stuff clotted cream is close to blasphemy isn't it?  🤨  I confess that I dearly love "cream teas."

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Her book and CD seem to have gone down the same route as her SEVEERLY injured knees where she tore THINGS. Into the black abyss

No doubt jumping into the pool aided her rehabilitation. 😁

• LOL 15

What are Jill and David going to do when they end up wearing out their welcome at Nathan's church? Or worse yet, when they need to quit the church because congregants somehow offend J & D, before they are offended by them?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from videos:

0557F236-BDC1-447E-BFC9-A9D588F28229.jpeg

82FC34B8-F710-4DA9-9700-DDAD118B5314.jpeg

Oh FFS!  “… brims our hearts to overflowing!” 🙄 Serious question:  Why is Renee’s violin ALWAYS out of tune?  Is there something wrong with the violin, or does she just not know how to tune it properly?  Is there no one in that family who can tell the poor girl that it’s out of tune?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Is there no one in that family who can tell the poor girl that it’s out of tune?

I'm sure there isn't. 

As to wearing out their welcome in Nathan's church, no worries, they won't. Nathan can't stand up to Jill. She has all that narcissist energy going, and IMO that's hard for most people to resist. People like Jill just wear you down. 

• Love 7

The members of Natan's church at least have the advantage of knowing the J-hoard will move on in a few days. It's the people at Joy Baptist I wonder about. 

"We miss our children when they leave our home" is rich since only Nurie has managed to leave--physically anyway. Tim tried and returned to live in the backyard. If Kayjon move close to the barndo as Jill has announced, Kaylee will continue dusting Jill's clutter and sleeping on a table in the stink van as it terrorizes campgrounds in multiple states. 

• Love 7

Makes you wonder what would happen if Nathan did stand up to BME....  Would she back down or would she try and "rescue" Nurie and Nemo in a drama filled escapade filled with biblical quotes about the devil in sheep's clothing, etc.....

• LOL 19
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Makes you wonder what would happen if Nathan did stand up to BME....  Would she back down or would she try and "rescue" Nurie and Nemo in a drama filled escapade filled with biblical quotes about the devil in sheep's clothing, etc.....

That’s an Instagram story I’d watch!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I think Jill would back down if Nathan stood up to her. Posers like Jill are usually weak people at their core. She also has too much to lose (vacation spots, access to Nemo, free restaurant meals, new grifting and Plexus opportunities, social media material, etc.). However, she'd be pissed and would devote a lot of time plotting to undermine him by working on Nurie. Narcissists don't admit defeat and rarely give up on revenge. 

Nathan has been raised to be obedient so he may not even realize that he's being used. He doesn't want to hurt Nurie either, so he'll keep his mouth shut. Staying in Florida is probably his best solution.  

Honestly, I don't have a lot of hope for Jonathan either. I just hope he and Kaylee live in Mississippi near his family. There's nothing but trouble for him in Barndo, Ohio. 

• Love 21

Jill, how the hell can you "miss our children when they leave home."  Tim had to come running back home for whatever reason, whether it was lack of money, poor grades, or he became interested in a coworker (I have to admit I want the full story).  It seems like GWE & BME & the family are always visiting Nurthan or vice versa.  Think about families who have a loved one deployed. Even the Duggars don't see Jinger as often as they see Nurthan.  

• Love 14
(edited)

I wonder why this Rodlet is being fed by her sister, while sitting on her lap.  This isn't even the youngest (who is also too old to be fed).  Like @iwantcookiesmentioned earlier, this family is just super creepy.  And messed up.

image.png.03434e8f2c09a369b1d73ce7d8015bb6.png

Edited by CouchTater
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

We miss our children when they leave our home"

= more places for us to pull our grift.  

Tim screwed up by not staying gone.   Hence the trailer in the driverway and no wifey for him.  He messed with Jill's travel/grift plans.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Sure, but why the quotes around “pastor” then?

Because she does not understand what using quotes in that manner means. I have no idea what she was going for. I know that last sentence is not correct grammar but did not know a better way to make that statement. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but in Fundie Snark Uncensored on Reddit with one of their former babysitters answering questions about the family. Lots of tea!

I can summarize the greatest hits once she is done for those of you who don't want to go to reddit. 

Best nugget so far: Renee is the rebel of the family, David is weird, Tim is weird and bullied by the family in general, and Jill is actually charismatic and pretty nice.

OH the best part -- the "you're the best mama ever" notes? The kids write them as punishment, Jill edits them and then posts them on her social media!!!!

I asked about JIll & the community's view of the Duggars:

"Oh I actually have some information about this and I’m willing to give it because I absolutely despise the Duggers as my family does. Like I said because my dad‘s family has a lot of deep roots within the church were pretty high up so they know a good amount of what goes on. The Duggers are extremely disliked within this religion Believe it or not it’s actually super common for preachers to make comments about Jim Bob selling out his family being too worldly and also being a bad Christian as he protected a pedophile. Anna Duggar is a B- I’m so sorry to say that but I don’t like that girl at all and the reason for the fall out was because she was making fun of Nurie’s dress. I believe it was the head pastor‘s wife who actually told her off which was kind of cool but I can’t be certain. Yes I did attend the wedding but weddings in this religion are a lot different than most peoples they’re super cheap and quick and usually the couple heads off right away so that they can go do marriage things LOL (sex). There is an a lot of money to be thrown around so receptions aren’t a big thing and usually people just come to the ceremony and then leave before the reception unless they’re main family."

ETA2: I'll drop the link here, but if it isn't allowed, please let me know!

Edited by Lady Jane
Updated DISH
  • Useful 22
  • Love 2
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but in Fundie Snark Uncensored on Reddit with one of their former babysitters answering questions about the family. Lots of tea!

I can summarize the greatest hits once she is done for those of you who don't want to go to reddit. 

Best nugget so far: Renee is the rebel of the family, David is weird, Tim is weird and bullied by the family in general, and Jill is actually charismatic and pretty nice.

OH the best part -- the "you're the best mama ever" notes? The kids write them as punishment, Jill edits them and then posts them on her social media!!!!

I asked about JIll & the community's view of the Duggars:

"Oh I actually have some information about this and I’m willing to give it because I absolutely despise the Duggers as my family does. Like I said because my dad‘s family has a lot of deep roots within the church were pretty high up so they know a good amount of what goes on. The Duggers are extremely disliked within this religion Believe it or not it’s actually super common for preachers to make comments about Jim Bob selling out his family being too worldly and also being a bad Christian as he protected a pedophile. Anna Duggar is a B- I’m so sorry to say that but I don’t like that girl at all and the reason for the fall out was because she was making fun of Nurie’s dress. I believe it was the head pastor‘s wife who actually told her off which was kind of cool but I can’t be certain. Yes I did attend the wedding but weddings in this religion are a lot different than most peoples they’re super cheap and quick and usually the couple heads off right away so that they can go do marriage things LOL (sex). There is an a lot of money to be thrown around so receptions aren’t a big thing and usually people just come to the ceremony and then leave before the reception unless they’re main family."

Thanks! If we can post Instagram links, then why not Reddit? Personally, I’ll never use Instagram but I enjoy Reddit.  🤷‍♀️ Off to to Reddit now!

ETA - I just knew Anna was a judgmental, entitled bitch. I feel a bit sorry for Timothy, because he really, really needs to get away from Jill, but it seems unlikely that he’s going to do so.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 15
(edited)

Here’s the link. (I don’t think we’re prohibited from posting Reddit links, but if we are, sorry mods!)

So apparently the gushing social media posts from the kids to Best Momma Ever are something that the kids have to write as punishment/apologies, and then Jill edits and posts them. 😲

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

It makes great reading.  The OP really dislikes David.  Here is a question and her reply:

Does David control the home or is it Jill?

Difficult Q.  Jill controls it but the tone changes drastically when David gets home.  It feels very much so like Jill changes from a somewhat "normal" loving mom to a "look at me, husband!  I have perfect obedient children!" Mom when he gets home.  That's when most of the "discipline" happens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

One more thing.  She says that David is a convert so that makes him automatically lower ranking within their church.  This syncs with what Sadie Carpenter, the leaving eden podcaster said about their dynamic.  Since David won't be accepted within their ranks, it makes Jill try harder.

The OP said her father thinks there was hanky panky pre-wedding with Jill and David.  Because no one can figure out why she married him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, lilwhitelion said:

The OP said her father thinks there was hanky panky pre-wedding with Jill and David.  Because no one can figure out why she married him.

*underage or very nearly underage* hanky panky was the rumor

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Here’s the link. (I don’t think we’re prohibited from posting Reddit links, but if we are, sorry mods!)

So apparently the gushing social media posts from the kids to Best Momma Ever are something that the kids have to write as punishment/apologies, and then Jill edits and posts them. 😲

Holy meatball! Yikes! 
calling David gormless haha

apparently David is a dud, never home, gives 3 hour Bible lectures at night… basically he is not a nice guy, has a vacant personality 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

Back to the book for a minute. 

They got at least one copy printed. A poster from FJ went to the stall and took pictures of it. She was persuaded to go back and buy it ($10 IIRC). She actually read it and posted about its contents on the Rod thread. However, that thread is protected as Members Only, and material from the thread can't be screenshot and posted elsewhere. Apparently, someone did just that, posting the screenshots in a FB snark group. I just saw the aftermath. The poster deleted her review posts before I got a chance to see them and apparently quit FJ. 

But yeah, the book is out there, sort of.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I just read through the Reddit thread. It's very interesting. I'm ready to believe that David is a mean guy who has much more power in that family than it appears. However, I'm a little skeptical about the writer's perspective on Jill. Jill doesn't come across on her media as a loving mother who is just a little extra. She clearly makes herself the star of every media post, regardless of the topic. The children's punishment posts (interesting piece of information!) are all praise for Jill. Also, if David is controlling her phone use, he's failing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15