Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I LOVE the Maxwells! I check their blog every day for whatever will horrify/ fascinate me next! I seriously get annoyed when they go even a few days without posting.

If you're new to the Maxwells, here are their greatest hits:

- Teri Maxwell's Pepsi addiction struggles

- Teri's praying for an iPhone case and the lord delivering it

- Teri and Steve taking Sarah to the airport to observe and comment on "immodestly dressed" women. Immodest to the Maxwells can mean having buttons in a contrasting color that will draw the eye to a sinful part of the body

- Sarah's Memorial Day tributes to aborted fetuses

- Endless posed pictures of smiling, dead eyed people doing the same things day after day and year after year like caroling, making burritos and scrubbing cabinets

- Teri's compulsive scheduling. Literally every minute of the day is scheduled. It's like "breakfast and grooming 30 minutes; clean ceiling fan 15 minutes, time with the lord 20 minutes, wash floor 30 minutes, sewing 15 minutes, lunch 12.5 minutes, joyous time with grandchildren 17 minutes, wash car 15 minutes, etc, etc"

The Maxwells are f-ing AMAZING! Please do yourself a favor and fastidiously schedule 15 minutes each day to "purpose to be encouraged" by their site.

• Love 11

As someone who lurks here more than I reply I have to say that I too love reading the Maxhell blog because of the weird factor. These people don't schedule anytime for fun. I'd like to think that living with them would in fact be hell.

• Love 2

Michael should spike Boob's drink with lots and lots of laxatives so he can't ruin her wedding g tomorrow.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2330052/jana-duggar-appearing-on-bringing-up-bates-bates-family-fears-duggar-family-will-hijack-michaels-wedding/

Ya know, I had that same thought today. I wonder if the invite was for Jana+1, or the whole clan. Gil seems smart enough to have some kind of containment strategy planned. Can you imagine Josh going to your wedding? I'd send them all to the wrong church. Edit: Or just drain the gas out of the stinkbus, and slash a couple tires.

I feel bad for Michael. I hope Boob behaves himself. Edited by Fuzzysox

I LOVE the Maxwells! I check their blog every day for whatever will horrify/ fascinate me next! I seriously get annoyed when they go even a few days without posting.

- Teri and Steve taking Sarah to the airport to observe and comment on "immodestly dressed" women. Immodest to the Maxwells can mean having buttons in a contrasting color that will draw the eye to a sinful part of the body

- Endless posed pictures of smiling, dead eyed people doing the same things day after day and year after year like caroling, making burritos and scrubbing cabinets

- Teri's compulsive scheduling. Literally every minute of the day is scheduled. It's like "breakfast and grooming 30 minutes; clean ceiling fan 15 minutes, time with the lord 20 minutes, wash floor 30 minutes, sewing 15 minutes, lunch 12.5 minutes, joyous time with grandchildren 17 minutes, wash car 15 minutes, etc, etc"

The Maxwells are f-ing AMAZING! Please do yourself a favor and fastidiously schedule 15 minutes each day to "purpose to be encouraged" by their site.

ODG.

I just Googled 'Reversal Children', because I was all "what the hell?" not realising at first what it meant (given some of the stuff we read here, I thought it might have been something sinister). One of the links lead to a Maxwell blog post, where a commenter has written "After the twins were born we made the horrible decision to end further blessings", and after the lord worked on her heart to show her how wrong she was she had to convince her husband: "After a year and a half of praying he finally submitted to what the Lord wanted. (That is a story in itself!) The devil was fighting this every step of the way."

Because apparently the Devil wants people to keep their families at manageable sizes, while God is happy for you to have more kids than you can reasonably handle.

I still wasn't sure, so I looked it up too. They do not to mention what was reversed. Is vasectomy a dirty word? 

I still wasn't sure, so I looked it up too. They do not to mention what was reversed. Is vasectomy a dirty word?

If I'm not mistaken, Terrified had her tubes tied and that was the procedure which was eventually reversed.

• Love 1

Yes, how could I forget that Steve went to the airport to gawk at the brazen hussies with their whorewear.

IIRC, his son bought a house but Steve forbade him from moving into it unless he got married first. All the married Maxhell sons live in the same neighborhood too. How convenient.

Doesn't Steve make everyone get up at 5am for Bible study? And they also schedule their workouts together too.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913

And of course, they work out in the basement, because NIKE! I can't believe they make the young women do tall box jumps in those floor duster skirts. 

I'm sad that Uriah is no more. I think he broke down so he could get the hell out of Maxhell! 

Someone asked about Steve. He used to be an engineer for Lockheed or one of the aeronautics in Seattle. Of course, God convicted him to no longer work for The Man, and they started writing books and giving those wretched seminars. The seminars have dwindled down to barely a trickle these days, which is why they felt they could get rid of Uriah. 

I also wonder if they're going on their annual trip to Colorado this year; they're usually there by now (and have written a bunch of lead-up posts in anticipation). Maybe they've had to scale back since they're not making as much money off of their services any longer; it IS a very limited market! 

• Love 1

And of course, they work out in the basement, because NIKE! I can't believe they make the young women do tall box jumps in those floor duster skirts. 

I'm sad that Uriah is no more. I think he broke down so he could get the hell out of Maxhell! 

Someone asked about Steve. He used to be an engineer for Lockheed or one of the aeronautics in Seattle. Of course, God convicted him to no longer work for The Man, and they started writing books and giving those wretched seminars. The seminars have dwindled down to barely a trickle these days, which is why they felt they could get rid of Uriah. 

I also wonder if they're going on their annual trip to Colorado this year; they're usually there by now (and have written a bunch of lead-up posts in anticipation). Maybe they've had to scale back since they're not making as much money off of their services any longer; it IS a very limited market!

Thanks for answering about Steve I'm the one who asked. I knew you knew the answer. Your like a Fundie wiki page of knowkledge.

So who is Usiah? I don't keep uip with the Maxwells.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

thanks for answering about Steve I'm the ione who asked. I knew you knew the answer. Your like a Fundie wiki page of knowkledge.

So who is Usiah? I don't keep uip with the Maxwells.

Uriah was their big, honking gas guzzling bus. Yes, they named their bus.

• Love 2

Can someone link to this one? I purposed to find it, and failed.

• Love 2

LMAO I thought it was someone courting one of their daughters.

Like THAT would ever happen. If you were a guy, would YOU want to be under Stevehovah's control 24/7/365, including your occupational choiced (can't call them a career, since what they do is pretty fleeting)??? Conversely, would Steve EVER allow one of his daughters to flee the cult? I think not. 

Exhibit A: Poor Sarah, who is now 33, IIRC. The only other SAHD I know who's older is good ole Sarah "Before You Meet Prince Charming" Mally. She's 35 if she's a day. 

• Love 1

Holy shit you totally talked me into it.

• Love 1

Oh fuck. JRod has made a hair and makeup tutorial video! I think we have finally found who can give Boob's hairspray consumption a run for his money!

So much wrong, so little time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CniCyVDjbcY

She makes Sierra's eyes look normal. She almost makes Tori Spelling look natural.

That one video is 48 minutes long. You can see how much space her shit takes up in the motorhome (there's allegedly drawers full of makeup). You can see the baby cage in the wardrobe.

I read on FreeJinger that she's actually a licensed beautician, but God forbid she have a real job as a beautician.

• Love 1

She makes Sierra's eyes look normal. She almost makes Tori Spelling look natural.

That one video is 48 minutes long. You can see how much space her shit takes up in the motorhome (there's allegedly drawers full of makeup). You can see the baby cage in the wardrobe.

I read on FreeJinger that she's actually a licensed beautician, but God forbid she have a real job as a beautician.

I've said it before when she is crying about not having any money she could easliy make money cutting hair in the back of a church they are grifting at. Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

Ok, it took a little digging but I found the Maxwell post about judging (leering at?) women in the airport:

http://forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352

In my search, I found a few other greatest hits that I'm going to share so you'll be a Maxwell Super Fan like me!

Of pizza and wifely submission (one of my personal favorites. Teri's barely concealed hatred of Steve and her lot in life as a person with two X chromosomes is practically oozing through my screen):

http://articles.titus2.com/2000/04/

On Halloween (but there's lots of other general craziness in this one):

http://articles.titus2.com/2000/11/

Air shows and immorality:

http://articles.titus2.com/1999/10/

Steve drooling over a boob:

http://articles.titus2.com/2000/02/

On another note, my husband and kids are going away this weekend so I'm planning to smoke a bowl and make the Maxwell tortilla recipe. I'll let you know!

Edited by AudreyHorne
  • Love 10

Wow, I managed to scroll to the eye makeup.  Holy Batman, that was scary!  Jill must have gone to Clown College--the real clown college!  Did anybody catch what was in the mug?  Methinks we have another narcissist here.

BTW, y'all are FUNNY!

• Love 6

Lmfao Audrey, thanks for the links! They are the freaking craziest family I have ever seen in my life. What's it to them if people dress "immodestly"? If you're strong in your marriage a woman in a v-neck top shouldn't be cause for concern. Maybe if the Maxwell girls weren't such frumps they'd be married off by now, lol.

The pizza story was also hilarious. My fiance would forget his nose if it wasn't attached to his face, so reminders are pretty commonplace in my household. I'm sure if Steve forgot to order the pizza it would have been Terrified's fault for not double checking. What a way to live.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Ok, it took a little digging but I found the Maxwell post about judging (leering at?) women in the airport:

In my search, I found a few other greatest hits that I'm going to share so you'll be a Maxwell Super Fan like me!

Of pizza and wifely submission (one of my personal favorites. Teri's barely concealed hatred of Steve and her lot in life as a person with two X chromosomes is practically oozing through my screen):

On another note, my husband and kids are going away this weekend so I'm planning to smoke a bowl and make the Maxwell tortilla recipe. I'll let you know!

Why do I feel the need to go to a piano bar in a low cut, high slit, clingy dress now?

• Love 6

AudreyHorne wrote:

"Of pizza and wifely submission (one of my personal favorites. Teri's barely concealed hatred of Steve and her lot in life as a person with two X chromosomes is practically oozing through my screen):"

Barely concealed hatred and the horrible irony that she's the wife of one of the world's biggest control freaks -- yet she's the one who has to struggle not to be controlling. Steve, meanwhile, may well pray to be more successful at controlling. (To no avail, of course, since that's likely not possible under the laws of physics.)

Thanks for the links!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Isn't Jill's daughter Nernie (sp?) a defrauding hussie with all the makeup she wears?

That's Nurie.  I can't remember if she's 15 or 16.  Anyway, she might have all that crap on her face because her mother makes her wear it.  People who follow the blog have noted that any time Nurie spends a night or two away from her mother, she always returns with straight hair and no makeup, and looks much better for it.

I can't decide why Jill does that to her daughters.  Maybe she's subconsciously making them look foolish to try to make herself look better, or to lessen the chance a nice fundy boy would want to court them.  (Jill is a proponent of having the older daughters take care of the kids as much as possible.)  To be more charitable to Jill, she might really believe her girls look better that way and she's hoping to get some fundy royal prince to develop an interest in Nurie.  She says in the video that they recieved an invitation to the upcoming Bates wedding, obviously doing damage control because so many people were positive that the whole clan intended to crash the wedding.

Another thing of note, the latest installment of Fosters Fridays has a notice from Jill saying that she's going to be cutting back on reporting on her sister Amy Foster's recovery for a horrific car accident that has left her a paraplegic.  Perhaps Amy got tired of people asking about her PICC line problems, her MRSA infected bedsores, and her slow recovery with the hole in her throat left by the tracheotomy.  Jill was posting so much personal information that maybe Amy told her to stop.

BTW, Jill also clapped herself on the back by sending Nurie and one of the other girls to spend a week with Amy, helping out.  Everyone assumed the girls would be doing child care, basic cooking, and cleaning.  Jill blew that out of the water by posting that she made sure to call the girls a few days in to make sure they were wearing gloves "when working on Amy".  I hope those girls weren't trying to handle turning Amy and dealing with bedsores!

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 2

AH! HAHAHA!

Please, don’t receive this as judgmental

From the Maxwell blog; in reference to not letting your kids watch the NEWS because a commercial might show an immodest woman!

Oh my God- thank you for the person who posted "greatest hits"...these things are a gold mind for ridiculous statements like the one above.  (And I totally had the "wrong" answer on what would you do if your spouse wanted to go to dinner with an opposite sex childhood friend.)

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 1

Soulmate? 

These are glorious. I'm just picturing Teri going up to Steve all "Is it TRUE that men look at women differently when they were slacks?" and him saying flatly "Yes" and Teri looking totally horrified.

I went to bed thinking what a messed up world Gothard has created for a generation of women. So your born and have to sit at home waiting for prince charming to save you? I can't even.

I did enjoy Jill's video very much! I love how she said that there is no reason to be frumpy! Hell she is a beauty queen in comparison to some of these fundie women. And I completely agree that if the Maxwell girls would liven up their outfits they may become more attractive to a suitor. But who are we kidding those poor girls are doomed as long as their father is in the picture. 

As for the Maxwell sons, why are they still listening to their controlling father? Aren't they old enough to go out and make their own lives?

IDK but I must purpose to get in the shower and do my beauty routine thanks Jill for the encouragement!!

• Love 2

Okay, I spent a chunk of time on Jill R.'s hair & makeup tutorials. Get your 1980s and early 1990s tips here...highly recommend it if you or someone you know is going to an Eighties theme party. (I half expected her shirt to say, "Frankie Says RELAX"). I admit, back in the day, I did most of what she shows. I was wincing at the eyeliner application and the 1/2 bottle of hairspray used...the rest of the world got the "less is more" memo. The sad thing is, she obviously enjoys what she's doing. It's a shame she didn't get to use her cosmetology training in a professional setting (she'd be more current, for one thing).

And now I'm off to read more about the mortifying Maxwells...I'm close to a major airport, maybe I ahould take the iPad and catch up there? But first, I've got some salty tortillas to whip up...

• Love 2

Special Note: Steve has asked that moms please not read the Dad’s Corner unless your husband has read it first.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Edited by Aja
  • Love 3

Forgive me, posters, for I have sinned- I did not consult my husband and headship prior to reading the Dad's Corner. Clearly I must purpose to become better at reverencing him.

What alarms me is that there's a growing trend among some of my acquaintances to live this way. I don't think they've heard of the Maxwell family or Gothard, but I see them pinning articles to Pinterest boards titled "marriage" about "how to be a submissive wife", "praying to be a more godly wife", "supporting your husband and headship"...and these are intelligent, educated women. It's scary, because this goes beyond compromise or working towards shared goals in a marriage. Me, I'm pinning Internet memes and ideas for Star Wars birthday parties to my husband board.

• Love 9

Wow, I managed to scroll to the eye makeup.  Holy Batman, that was scary!  Jill must have gone to the Tammy Faye Baker School of Beauty!!  Did anybody catch what was in the mug?  Methinks we have another narcissist here.

BTW, y'all are FUNNY!

Fixed it for you. lol

Jill is stunning and she is the modern day Tammy Faye! There I said it. *eye roll*

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

Audrey & others - thanks for all the Maxwell links. I just skimmed thru the modest clothing one & wondered what the Maxwell's would think of the Duggar girls clingy shirts especially during pregnancy. Oops, meant to say when they are "expecting."

I'm really interested in Teri's Pepsi addiction. Now I don't feel bad being addicted to QVC & HSN. Can't wait to read the pizza story.

I think I'll spend the weekend catching up with the Maxwell blog. And my brother-in-law wants to know what I do during the day....

• Love 1

The picture of the four girls was from earlier today on the way to the rehearsal. I chose to put it in the Jana thread to prove she made it early....with her accountability buddy! 

From what I saw last night on the Bateses' show, the flower girl dresses are the ugliest dresses I've ever seen, nothing short of tiered burlap sacks. The bridesmaid dresses are either peach (that's how they looked on my tv) or pale pink, high necked and 3/4 sleeved...in AUGUST! 

It looks like Michael shops for her gown on next week's episode, and I don't know what kind of moratorium UP will put on pictures (think the TLC Gestapo at Jill's wedding), but if no pictures emerge, we won't see the gown until next week at the soonest. So far, she's demonstrated absolutely no taste. I hope this trend doesn't continue and that she has a nice dress that doesn't resemble a tee shirt on top of a skirt (looking at YOU, Erin Bates Paine). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

We all knew that Michael's wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses would be a fashion don't. I seriously can not wait to see them if indeed pictures leak out. We don't have UP so I missed it and too lazy to look the epis up on the computer.