Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, what are the odds that Phillip doesn't attend the Teidi Bowl? Would Jill allow him to stand up with Tim given his current situation?

I don’t know about him attending obviously, but I picture them being in touch with each other right now.

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, what are the odds that Phillip doesn't attend the Teidi Bowl? Would Jill allow him to stand up with Tim given his current situation?

Tim and Heidi have really done nothing to deserve their wedding day labeled with a name like the tiedi bowl.

Tiedi wedding sure, but let's not degrade their special day with unkind names.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

Depending on the church/pastor, Phillip might not be allowed to be a part of the wedding party if his beliefs are different than the church doctrine.  Even without Jill’s hand on the scale.   I wasn’t allowed to have my singer sing the song Always by Atlantic Starr because it had the words ‘let’s go make a family’ in it.The pastor thought that sounded risqué.   I got married in the more progressive Presbyterian church.   

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 4
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Tim and Heidi have really done nothing to deserve their wedding day labeled with a name like the tiedi bowl.

Tiedi wedding sure, but let's not degrade their special day with unkind names.

It wasn't meant to be unkind. More like the Super Bowl, a big, lavish event. 😀

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

I think if Phillip is in a situation where he can show up, smile and keep his mouth shut, Jill will be thrilled to have him. If the Reddit timelines are right, this has been building for months and it's been all happy happy family as usual on Jill's SM. There's nothing Jill would love more than to proclaim that Phillip saw the light and is back in the fold. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It wasn't meant to be unkind. More like the Super Bowl, a big, lavish event. 😀

I thought it was hilarious.😆

• Like 10
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Depending on the church/pastor, Phillip might not be allowed to be a part of the wedding party if his beliefs are different than the church doctrine.  Even without Jill’s hand on the scale.   I wasn’t allowed to have my singer sing the song Always by Atlantic Starr because it had the words ‘let’s go make a family’ in it.The pastor thought that sounded risqué.   I got married in the more progressive Presbyterian church.   

Interesting because for awhile, I heard that song at every wedding I went to. 

• Like 6

I’m truly hoping Philip is safe and not in any sort of trouble.  That being said. I completely believe Philip has broken free and Jilly is not having it. I agree with the others who said David and Jill probably got angry at him for not toeing the line (in whatever way) and booted him from the island. He was basically stomping his foot at the last performance with the lollipop loser comment (or whatever the heck it was) and Jilly was done. I hope he stays away and isn’t in the clutches of another cult. 😬

• Like 22
  • Applause 1

Speculation on Reddit is that Jill’s SM break has to do with Jana’s wedding, but I don’t think so. I think it has to do with Phillip, and their church, and the fact that David, as her headship, has grounded her from all SM for a few days.

• Like 13
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No way Jill was invited. Not after what she did to Jinger. 

I was going to say the same. No way are the Rods going. 

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I was going to say the same. No way are the Rods going. 

They haven't been to a duggar wedding in a while. Not even invited after Jill had Nurie pose showing the full invite for joy and austin's wedding. Date, time and location.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1

There is absolutely no way Jana invited Jill and her entourage of waifs to her wedding. Jana could barely hide her disgust at being in a picture with Nurie years ago, she's definitely not going to have them ruin her long awaited special day. 

• Like 13
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

They haven't been to a duggar wedding in a while. Not even invited after Jill had Nurie pose showing the full invite for joy and austin's wedding. Date, time and location.

I thought that was Jinger's wedding. 

• Like 8

I really doubt Reddit on this one. Jill has been stomping all over people's privacy on SM since there was SM. If her mother's health or her preemie grandson weren't enough to stop her then Jana Duggar's wedding certainly won't. 

• Like 13
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I seem to recall that being posted after they were already married.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly, Jill didn't post the invitation from Jeremy and Jinger's wedding, but she did brag about being invited and later posted the Rod's grift tour schedule with the weekend of the wedding listed as a private event in Arkansas. I think the name of the church was included and that is how people figured out the date and location of Jinger's wedding. (Side note: People figured out the date of Nurie's wedding when Hosanna Plath posted her tour schedule and marked the weekend of the wedding as a private event.)

Jill later posted the pictures from the J&J wedding to her blog and made a big deal about how she waited to post them out of a DEEP  respect for the Dugger's privacy. I think Jill posted the invitation to Joy's wedding after the event as a way to prove that she had been invited but wasn't able to go. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is sulking about her SM break. Or maybe she is being horrible mean to her kids about it. Sigh. Yeah I think Jill is being awful to her kids right about now.

I agree that the Waifs (minus Janessa) are getting the brunt of Jill’s anger and frustration.  Jill is addicted to SM and she’s going thru withdrawals right now and she’s miserable and blaming everyone but herself for the mess that she’s made.

• Like 13

Plus it has to be killing her she is so far down the Fundie ladder that she didn't get invited to the wedding of the year - Jana Duggar.    500 guests and not a Rodrigues among them.    The wedding dress alone would have caused Jill to rant for days about being dogly.   

• Like 9
  • LOL 14
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Plus it has to be killing her she is so far down the Fundie ladder that she didn't get invited to the wedding of the year - Jana Duggar.    500 guests and not a Rodrigues among them.    The wedding dress alone would have caused Jill to rant for days about being dogly.   

She is a person non grata to the Duggars. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

When has that ever stopped Jill from being aggrieved about something?    

Good point. Unless she hopes to get back in their good graces. 

• Like 4

Jill has "risen above the haters" or disregarded the haters as she KNOWS she only needs to worry about her god will judge her so many dang times.

This blog post included when her parents were staying in the rods WV home when they traveled and in the rv when the rods were home.

A visit to the duggars and Jill whipping out a $100 in plexus money for gas in the rv. Even in 2017 $100 wouldn't have paid for much diesel fuel for the rv.

Highlight is mine

"Posted on August 13, 2017

It is a JOY serving Jesus.  Do we ever have bad days?  OH YES!  There are times I FALL to my knees at night and cry out to God for strength and help for tomorrow to be a better day.  Sometimes the spiritual warfare against our family feels SO thick you could practically SLICE through it.  Praise God that we CAN be the VICTORS through the Sword of the Spirit!

Many times David and I look at each other and just pour our hearts out to each other with tears streaming from our faces.  We CHOOSE contentment!  We CHOOSE joy!  We CHOOSE peace!  We CHOOSE to put all the GOOD before our followers.  However, behind closed doors, we fall to our knees BEGGING God to help us be successful at this thing called LIFE.  We recognize that the ONLY thing that will matter when we fall before the Lord someday in Heaven, is our sincere service to Him and His work!  Please do not cease to pray for us.  Our hate followers are many.  However, we take that as a compliment.  They are people that HATE God’s Word the Bible and despise those that follow it.  We are encouraged though when we remember that we are blessed when men shall revile us for HIS (Jesus’) name sake.

Sometimes I want to crawl back into a hole, NEVER to put my life or family in the spotlight of scrutiny anymore!  However, to do so, would make Satan have a HAYDAY!  He hates families that are doing a work for Christ with a PASSION!  He does NOT want families being a light for Jesus!!

We encourage EACH of you to rise up with a passion to raise up a GENERATION for Christ!  STAY YOUR COURSE!  Set your face like a FLINT!  Determine in your heart to do right – like the prophet Daniel.  And like our dear friend Paul Miller puts it – SOLDIER ON!!!! (for our redemption draweth NIGH!!!)"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/busy-busy-registration-ladies-mtg-closes-5-days-visiting-duggars-etc/

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

She is a person non grata to the Duggars. 

But why did Joy of all people invite Jill to her wedding? Do Joy and Austin even know her?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

But why did Joy of all people invite Jill to her wedding? Do Joy and Austin even know her?

I don't think they have to. Weddings are one of the few approved fundy mixers that don't involve having to sit through Jessa or Kaylee lecture you about how to be married. 

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I agree that the Waifs (minus Janessa) are getting the brunt of Jill’s anger and frustration.  Jill is addicted to SM and she’s going thru withdrawals right now and she’s miserable and blaming everyone but herself for the mess that she’s made.

I read SM as something else entirely. Now that my brain is filled with images of Jill  as a dom and David as her sub, please pass the brain bleach. And order some more too! 

• LOL 9
On 8/12/2024 at 6:28 PM, crazy8s said:

Damn, Jill just posted they are taking a break from SM. How long do you think she will last not posting?

"The social media arena can be a great place to spread truth and God's principles, but also a brutal place. When you open yourself up to the "world's" criticism, it can be hard. We know where we stand, and why we stand there. Nevertheless, we sometimes yearn for that privacy we possessed before the days of smart phones, internet, etc.

As we journey through life, we strive to seek God's favor in all we do. Right now is one of those moments in life where we want to be sensitive to His leading. We feel that He wants us to take a break off of social media to spend more time in prayer, Bible reading, and valuable time together.

We will be back soon! Please pray for us as we seek God's face in ALL we do!

In His Service, Jill (and David too)

This brings me comfort....

Romans 4:20-21 KJV
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; [21] And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."

Jill yearns for privacy about as much as I yearn for her extensions, eyebrows, eyeliner, and wardrobe.

• LOL 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Jill yearns for privacy about as much as I yearn for her extensions, eyebrows, eyeliner, and wardrobe.

I laughed at the "Sometimes I want to crawl back into a hole, " ' like what hole would that be Jill?? Your life has been perfect by your account.

Also HAYDAY - maybe the Amish country is actually for her 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • LOL 12

Why can I picture her physically doing the things she's describing in the first two paragraphs?  If she was doing that in the late 1600s in Salem, she'd be on trial right now.  I would guess she knew about Jana's wedding through Nurie, but it must be taking every drop of eyeliner and hairspray to keep her mouth shut after the fact.  As the cool kids say these days, the woman is delulu.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

Why can I picture her physically doing the things she's describing in the first two paragraphs?  If she was doing that in the late 1600s in Salem, she'd be on trial right now. 

I sort of think that if Jill had been in Salem she's be marching up and down in front of the magistrates shrieking that she saw Goody Proctor with the devil. Clearly, all the jealous sluttish women in Salem Village had sent their specters upon her hunky hubby in the night and left him good for nothing but drinking hummingbird juice and staring at maps. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 8
On 8/12/2024 at 3:28 PM, crazy8s said:

Damn, Jill just posted they are taking a break from SM. How long do you think she will last not posting?

"The social media arena can be a great place to spread truth and God's principles, but also a brutal place. When you open yourself up to the "world's" criticism, it can be hard. We know where we stand, and why we stand there. Nevertheless, we sometimes yearn for that privacy we possessed before the days of smart phones, internet, etc.

As we journey through life, we strive to seek God's favor in all we do. Right now is one of those moments in life where we want to be sensitive to His leading. We feel that He wants us to take a break off of social media to spend more time in prayer, Bible reading, and valuable time together.

We will be back soon! Please pray for us as we seek God's face in ALL we do!

In His Service, Jill (and David too)

This brings me comfort....

Romans 4:20-21 KJV
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; [21] And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."

Did she get called out on doing something? Eyes on her waif-like children making her nervous? 

On 8/12/2024 at 4:09 PM, crazy8s said:

Jill's blog post last week.

Posted on August 8, 2024 by Rodrigues Family

These Blog Posts are going to diminish! Please look at our VIDEO button to watch video updates on our family & ministry.

Greetings, friends. As you have noticed, these blog posts have become less frequent. Our ministry continues to grow, as does our family through marriages and grandbabies. Life seems to get busier and busier. We are pretty faithful in posting NEW YouTube videos which we add to this website in the video tab. Please enjoy catching updates of our family and ministry there. You can also follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts at- David Jill Noyes Rodrigues. We do daily, family/ministry updates there.

Thank you for your faithful financial and prayer support of our ministry. Our printing ministry continues to grow and we have now printed MILLIONS of Gospel Tracts….all for the glory of God and to propagate His blessed truth of the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! To God be the glory, great things HE hath done!

We also continue to travel to sing, David preach and present our Printing Ministry.

It is rewarding, yet hard to watch our home slowly empty as our children grow up and start their own lives. Yet, we have NO greater JOY than to hear that our children walk in truth.

We love and appreciate you all!

In His Service, David & Jill Rodrigues

Business motto: Killing trees and filling your county dump for Jesus

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I wonder if part of the reason Jill is going" "silent" is because she would be competing with Jana's news.  Although maybe it is just a coincidence that Philip is in trouble at the same time as the wedding.  The timing seems a bit coincidental. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if part of the reason Jill is going" "silent" is because she would be competing with Jana's news.  Although maybe it is just a coincidence that Philip is in trouble at the same time as the wedding.  The timing seems a bit coincidental. 

I think it's coincidental. It's doubtful the Rods even knew of Jana's wedding. Nurie wasn't invited, and although the senior Kellers were, they didn't attend and had no reason to tell Jill about it. 

I wonder if they're really even trying to rescue Phillip or let him sink or swim on his own?

• Like 14
  • Useful 3

IMO, she is taking a break because news got out about Philip, and she is trying to figure out how to control this narrative about him.  She did not want the news about Philip to get out.  She also got pushback on that silly post she did about all the "dumb questions" she gets.  I don't know who is asking her these "dumb questions" because she doesn't leave comments on, at least not on Instagram.  I don't have them on FB.   I think she reads the snark threads and got upset that "haters" called her out on things.  

• Like 18

So if Jill didn’t want anyone to know about Philip, why did she ask for prayer in church?  A much quieter way would have been to call the pastor or prayer leader and ask to be put on the prayer list for an undisclosed reason.  People do that all the time, without doing it in church in front of a slew of people and camera. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

To be fair, Jill didn't have a microphone, and her voice was sort of hard to hear. It took people a few listens to realize that she made it a Jill moment when she said she was being vulnerable. At first, we thought she said Phillip was vulnerable. But nooooo....

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

I don't know who is asking her these "dumb questions" because she doesn't leave comments on, at least not on Instagram.

Exactly!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think it's coincidental. It's doubtful the Rods even knew of Jana's wedding. Nurie wasn't invited, and although the senior Kellers were, they didn't attend and had no reason to tell Jill about it. 

I wonder if they're really even trying to rescue Phillip or let him sink or swim on his own?

How do you know that Ma and Pa Kettle Keller were invited? 

• Like 2
Just now, Heathen said:

How do you know that Ma and Pa Kettle Keller were invited? 

The attendee must was found on their wedding site. You could enter names to find out who was invited and whether they RSVPed yes or no. Pecan and Prissy were also invited but didn't attend. 

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Most importantly, though, she has tossed a ton of shade about how her kids still follow the gospel according to the Rods into adulthood because she raised them right! No pants, other Bible translations or birth control for them thankyouverymuch! Now Phillip, for good or for ill has escaped, which kind of confirmed that there was something to escape from

Jill has gloated so many times on how her teenagers and young adults were nothing but a joy because the had been taught to stand against "this old world".

Another one she cites often is "there is not greater joy than to see your children walk in truth" Jill of course uses that to make herself feel superior.

• Like 15
29 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

My guess is that David or her pastor firmly told her to put her phone away

Her son-in-law tried but failed.  Although I do think he told her not to post pictures or tell the birth story of their daughter and she complied.  Maybe Dave does have some control in his family.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1