Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Fundie women are only allowed to get away from their husbands and kids and hang out with other women if it's an event that centers around domesticity (a bridal or baby shower) or Jesus (a religious retreat like this one). But going out with the girls to play golf or tennis? A book club where you have a glass of wine and talk about books other then the Bible? Just hanging out in a coffee shop? That's the wiork of the Devil!

They only allowed dates with their man or daughters. Bonus if daughter pays!

• Like 4
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And she’s home. She’s claiming one soul was saved.

screenshot from a video:

07870685-C0BF-4D71-9D25-23E2751E96E2.jpeg

If all those women are Christian like Jill, why would they need saving? 

Much photo  shopping too. She looks kind of manly. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Notabug said:

I'm sure Jill will use her mother's 'miraculous healing' after the stroke as an example in one of her preaching sessions at the retreat.  The audience will hear how Jill insisted on dragging her kids all around the hospital despite the COVID pandemic being in full swing at the time.  And how it was Jill's love and TLC that made all the difference to Mama's recovery.  And how Jesus loves Jill so much that he grants her every desire, every time.  Soon, Mama will walk again, she may have to do it at the retreat so the healing Jill has prayed for can be witnessed.

She'll save Ma's Miraculous Walk for the Tiedi wedding.  If she can't plan it, she needs to find a wild way to STILL make it about her.  

• Like 13
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

If all those women are Christian like Jill, why would they need saving? 

I often wonder what Jill means when she says she's converted people. 

1- I don't believe, given the ubiquity of Christianity, that Lord Daniel of the Laundromat was so shocked and delighted by the Jill version of the Good News that he converted on the spot (likewise to the Walmart converts)

2- There is 0 reason to attend a Jill Rod ladies summit unless you are at least very open to conversion already.

Honestly, I think Jill's piling onto people who are already fairly conservative Christians but who have lapsed in some fashion (skipping church, working, birth control) and bullying them back in or b) is interpreting a "Hmmm... yeah, thanks for the pamphlet, I'll have to check that out sometime," as a tick on the heavenly scoreboard.

• Like 15

I’ve been looking at pictures of the weekend retreat.  Janessa is Jill made-over.  That little girl lives and loves to be the center of attention.  There’s another Jill Rodrigues in this world.  God help us all. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • LOL 1

Someone in that family needs to help Janessa find a more age appropriate way to self-soothe in public. In 16 days she will be 6. Next year she would be a first grader in public school. Jill is doing her no favors by treating her like a 2 or 3 year old.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And are there really any "young mothers" in attendance other than Kaylee?

It sure didn’t look like it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
56 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It sure didn’t look like it. 

You mean you don't think Jill is a young mother??? 

Seriously, why not have her in a session about the changing role of a mother and wife as your children get older, get married and start their own families? 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

There were some younger women there. One did a skit with Kaylee about being a haggard YOUNG MOTHER. I saw another who looked about ready to pop pregnant. Yeah, it was mostly seniors, but I did see a sprinkling of younger women in the crowd. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Seriously, why not have her in a session about the changing role of a mother and wife as your children get older, get married and start their own families? 

Because Jill has nothing to say there. She still treats her married children and the spouses just like she treats the youngest. Leave and cleave for her children is not in jill's playbook. Honor your father and mother above all is what the rod kids have been instilled with since birth.

It is emabarrassing to see The Nathan Keller family and the Jonathan Hill family still maniacally smiling and waving when mama turns a phone their way. The Timothy Rodrigues family will be no different. ☹️

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Why is Jill leading the young mother's session? Why not an actual young mother?

Its some fundy thing about "Let the young women learn from their elders" garbage.  It's the way Quiverfull cultists brainwash young women into thinking they can handle dozens of kids, no problem. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Its some fundy thing about "Let the young women learn from their elders" garbage.  It's the way Quiverfull cultists brainwash young women into thinking they can handle dozens of kids, no problem. 

Oh right. I forgot about the Titus 2 woman. 🙄

• Like 6
(edited)

I will miss this forum if it goes away, only because I wanted to see what type of white dress Jill is going to wear to Tim's wedding, and if she's going to severely injure something the day before. 😥

EDIT: I will miss it for many reasons.  Please, add me to the DM list of alternate forums. ❤️

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 11
  • LOL 6

I suppose its better than Jessa & Ben and Jed & Katie giving marital advice before the ink on their marriage certificates were dry.

But really why doesn't Jill pull aside almost empty nesters or menopausal women and discuss managing the transitions.

• Like 8

Because Jill will never admit to being menopausal, even when she's 87 years old.  You never know when she's going to pop out one last blessing.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
53 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

And at the same time, they’ll feature a teen couple who has only been married a couple months as experts on marriage!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I think it's actually better to have a more experienced mother of a brood to give this talk, or have a couple who've been married 20 years to give a workshop on marriage to newlyweds. They have more perspective- I view it as mentorship. This is much more appropriate than having Duggars who've been married mere months give sermons on marriage.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There were some younger women there. One did a skit with Kaylee about being a haggard YOUNG MOTHER. I saw another who looked about ready to pop pregnant. Yeah, it was mostly seniors, but I did see a sprinkling of younger women in the crowd. 

Didn't Kaylee and Renee do a similar skit not long ago for the power of Plexus Go (or whatever it was called) for tired housewives? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Because Jill will never admit to being menopausal, even when she's 87 years old.  You never know when she's going to 

Pop out the caboose lol

• LOL 5
(edited)

Making silly faces isn’t gonna sell more plexus K. 

Maybe don’t drink plexus or raw milk or eat food at the ladies retreat. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Someone in that family needs to help Janessa find a more age appropriate way to self-soothe in public. In 16 days she will be 6. Next year she would be a first grader in public school. Jill is doing her no favors by treating her like a 2 or 3 year old.

I’m surprised that Jill’s not still breastfeeding her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
34 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m surprised that Jill’s not still breastfeeding her.

Nah, Jill had to wean her so she could get pregnant with the next blessing.  Which never happened, thank Lord Daniel.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I believe the proper term is "pouring into them".  😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

So, Anna Duggar's youngest brother, David, is married to Hannah Reber (yes, THOSE Rebers). They just had their second child, a girl named Edelweiss Miracle. Lord help this poor child.

Posted here because Hannah and Nurie are besties.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 13
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, Anna Duggar's youngest brother, David, is married to Hannah Reber (yes, THOSE Rebers). They just had their second child, a girl named Edelweiss Miracle. Lord help this poor child.

Posted here because Hannah and Nurie are besties.

That is some seriously messed up six degrees of separation...or in this case, like 1 1/2 - 2 degrees.

Just trying to think of cute nicknames for Edelweiss...Ed?  Eddie (that's kind of cute).  Edey?  Weissy?  But I imagine if you're going to give a child that kind of name, it's going to be used loud and proud by her parents at every opportunity.

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Just trying to think of cute nicknames for Edelweiss...Ed?  Eddie (that's kind of cute).  Edey?

There first child is named Eden, so Edey and Edey??? 😂

Her brother and his wife named their child Genesis. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 8
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That is some seriously messed up six degrees of separation...or in this case, like 1 1/2 - 2 degrees.

Just trying to think of cute nicknames for Edelweiss...Ed?  Eddie (that's kind of cute).  Edey?  Weissy?  But I imagine if you're going to give a child that kind of name, it's going to be used loud and proud by her parents at every opportunity.

Isn't it pronounced A-dell-vies? (In German, W sounds like V)  So maybe Addy with a hard A - or Della? 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Poor Edelweiss Miracle Keller will spend her first five years of home schooling learning how to spell her own name. 

And may never know how to correctly pronounce it.

• LOL 13