Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I wonder if World's  Best Hubby lets go of a few swears when he's spending hours repairing that old RV? And again when he's exhausted and driving their precious cargo (Jill's make-up and Plexus) late at night in the rain. 

• LOL 9
16 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Doesn't Jill know how to drive?  Why doesn't she take a turn driving if her hunk is so tired?

I think she drove herself and Snuggles to the groomer the other day. She may not be comfortable driving the RV, but even Jim Blob made sure his sons could drive theirs. I remember him making JD drive around DC and he had the difficult task of parking the Stink Bus on an old episode. The Rods do things differently, I guess. Even more differently than the Duggars, who at least feed their kids!

• Like 11
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

@peppergal thanks for the reminder! Ohio has virtually no oversight now.Perfect for nimrods like Jill. It pretty much guarantees that anyone from about Olivia on down will be functionally illiterate.

Girls don't need to learn to read, do they? 🙄

As long as they can sign their husbands name what else do they need? Look how poorly Kaylee writes. The younger girls will be even worse writers.

• Sad 9

"hundreds of dollars" to fix the bus.   Where pray tell did this hundreds of dollars come from?   I agree, a precheck before the day of the trip would have been warranted.   But then that would have required DBD to put in effort.   

I notice Jill isn't to weary to the bone to go on another vacation.

• Like 11
  • LOL 7

I Hope another family with many kids replaces Jill at her usual grifting churches. It would be great if she was not invited anymore. After all she has 4 little kids the rest are old enough to get jobs/ marry off. Not sure how many people would give her loads of $ anymore. And it’s Christmas season so people buy stuff for themselves maybe not much left to give to the Rod moochers.

• Like 12
9 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill keeps trying to convince the world of their great love and I'm still not buying it! I think she does this to tamp down her regrets. He likely has regrets too!

That's what it looks like. Jill's been giving Hunk a Plexus-worthy sales pitch. Is there trouble in paradise? 

Btw, where did Dave get $hundreds to buy parts for broken things to fix the money-pit van? Did he headship the money from Jill's Punta Cana trip fund? That would have to hurt. 

• Like 11
2 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Doesn't Jill know how to drive?  Why doesn't she take a turn driving if her hunk is so tired?

I'm sure she drives. However, she may not be used to driving something as big as their RV.

Without getting deep into the weeds on the subject, some of those big RVs (known as "Class A" to designate their size), depending on their size, may trigger special drivers license requirements in some states. I don't think an actual CDL is likely to be required to drive their old broke-*ss RV, but as a matter of common sense a person would need some instruction and practice to handle it. If David isn't handing the wheel to Jill, I'm good with that. AFAIK he does manage to drive it safely (so far). I think the insurance to cover any of his teenaged kids to drive the RV, would be expen$ive. Just saying. 

I wonder why Jill hasn't started a GFM for a new RV. Maybe because pleading poverty would run counter to her "join up with me to sell Plexus and make money!!" story line on social media? 

• Like 11
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That's what it looks like. Jill's been giving Hunk a Plexus-worthy sales pitch. Is there trouble in paradise? 

Btw, where did Dave get $hundreds to buy parts for broken things to fix the money-pit van? Did he headship the money from Jill's Punta Cana trip fund? That would have to hurt. 

And doesn’t it cost $500+ to fill up the RV’s tank? Where did that come from?

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1

If the Rods stop the "singing" ministry, do they lose all or part of their missionary clearinghouse salary? While Jill claims to be on her way to independent wealth  selling the overpriced pink drink, the truth is the Rods probably need the missionary salary to make ends meet. The church special offerings and the free meals have to be important too. 

Also, if they give up the singing tours, how will Jill and David justify and afford  going to Florida multiple times every year? 

• Like 14
50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If the Rods stop the "singing" ministry, do they lose all or part of their missionary clearinghouse salary? While Jill claims to be on her way to independent wealth  selling the overpriced pink drink, the truth is the Rods probably need the missionary salary to make ends meet. The church special offerings and the free meals have to be important too. 

Also, if they give up the singing tours, how will Jill and David justify and afford  going to Florida multiple times every year? 

In the Central Missionary Clearinghouse directory the Rods "Ministry Field" is listed as Printing Ministry. So maybe they would get the same amount of support if they stopped the screeching and preaching tours.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

So the following kids are 15+:

Rene

Phil

Gabe

Sam

Tessi

Hannah 

Since they do not attend school send them to work 20 hours a week to work In McDonald’s/Target etc. 

How much $ can they grift at church when 4 kids are little and 6 are teens/adults? 

I predict their donations will decrease significantly.

if I was in church for their “singing “, I’d donate $1. I’d be like send your 6 kids to work…

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1

If those 6 kids were working with the public, they could bring so many more people to Jesus. At least Jill could brag about how many they've saved....after they turn their paychecks over to her, of course! But they can't go work with the public, because they might meet someone who doesn't follow their beliefs. Thanks a lot, Satan!

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

If those 6 kids were working with the public, they could bring so many more people to Jesus. At least Jill could brag about how many they've saved....after they turn their paychecks over to her, of course! But they can't go work with the public, because they might meet someone who doesn't follow their beliefs. Thanks a lot, Satan!

Not just meet someone, but actually find them to be decent human beings.  They might start to question some thing they’ve been taught at home.  Maybe even wear pants. - which apparently gets a married woman a lecture from her father at the Duggar compound.  They might even sit down for a meal with a date. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1

I asked Alexa about RV driving in Ohio.  Apparently, you do not need a CDL to drive a personal RV, but if the vehicle is equipped with air brakes, a special designation on your license could be required.  That could explain why Dave is the only one seen driving.  My dad had his CDL and was a truck driver before his COPD intensified.  He initially drove long-haul, but he ended up working locally & drove a tri-axel/coal truck.  A CDL takes a lot of work and knowledge to maintain it.  I can't see DBD putting in that effort.  Hey, my dad liked watching the map too, but he also worked his ass off to provide for us.  

Edited by sixlets
I needed to grammar police myself :)
  • Like 13
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Half of them can't drive. The Rod kids don't get their licenses until 18 to avoid required driving school for the minors. 

My youngest is now driving age and is going to take the Ohio driving exam at the end of the month.  Driving instruction (classes and 8 hours in-car instruction) cost me a cool $500 when all was said and done. Not to mention the huge upcoming costs associated with insurance premiums. So I completely understand the Rods delaying licenses until 18, considering they don’t have a source of steady income.  Now if they did, and could save for it, wouldn’t be so much of an issue.  Looks as if plexus income won’t be enough to support their monthly vacations and driver training for the under 18 kids. 

• Like 8
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

In the Central Missionary Clearinghouse directory the Rods "Ministry Field" is listed as Printing Ministry. So maybe they would get the same amount of support if they stopped the screeching and preaching tours.

I suspect the waif chorus is what gets people to make regular donations through the clearinghouse. We know Dave has a very limited range of products and isn't even willing to expand to print his wife's vanity projects. I kind of doubt the Rods would be the first that comes to mind if someone feels moved to use or donate to a print ministry...unless you know that you might be saving some godly waifs in the process. Jill's SM, where the family seems to be rolling in it (yes, I know the rv is bust, but the Plexus Queen is still "feeding" 10-odd kids, remodeling the house, rolling in new hoodie blouses, taking monthly vacations and, allegedly, going to Punta Cana) isn't going to drum up any pity donors. 

• Like 17
17 hours ago, sixlets said:

I asked Alexa about RV driving in Ohio.  Apparently, you do not need a CDL to drive a personal RV, but if the vehicle is equipped with air brakes, a special designation on your license could be required.  That could explain why Dave is the only one seen driving.  My dad had his CDL and was a truck driver before his COPD intensified.  He initially drove long-haul, but he ended up working locally & drove a tri-axel/coal truck.  A CDL takes a lot of work and knowledge to maintain it.  I can't see DBD putting in that effort.  Hey, my dad liked watching the map too, but he also worked his ass off to provide for us.  

Props to your dad and your family. It’s a long job.  It’s not easy.  My uncle worked for North America for a really long time   My job was to clean his change when he would come home.   The rods could not handle it 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Why didn’t he check the RV out a day or two BEFORE the trip instead of waiting till the day of?

Also, they may not be able to afford the additional insurance for one of the boys to drive the RV.

Lazy Dave was too busy sleeping/watching TV. He does nothing in that house. 

• Like 9

A few of Timothy’s Christmas decor pictures:

Christmas decor is up! Heidi Coverett helped decorate the tree via video chat. Are you all in the Christmas spirit yet? Share a picture of the spot that you like the most about the Christmas decor in your house in the comments below. Have a wonderful day, and if I’m not on here before Christmas, have a wonderful Christmas!

0B019728-BC47-45BC-B603-230A27671E38.jpeg

DDD20742-16FB-4428-B61B-B08692B4362A.jpeg

CFDEAC5A-74F0-4F93-A00C-4B8E88BDE702.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Thoughts on the Teidi decor screenshots.

The house looks neat and clean. I don't care for Hobby Lobby stuff, but Heidi, to her credit, hasn't filled every available surface yet. I suppose Jill will take care of that problem with gifts of dollar-store sale stuff throughout the year. 

Good to see Tim's dog can stay inside and have room to walk. 

Patch and sand before painting. It makes a difference.

Where did the piano come from? Is it the one from Jill's house? If so, what's she using for a piano? Did she grift one? 

The kitchen floors are a choice, and not the best one for a flipped house. I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense of replacing them, but the wall paint should coordinate somehow.  

Did Tim really ask people to share photos of their own houses? Tim wouldn't think to do that. Heidi must have written the copy.

• Like 13

Liking coffee as a personality trait seems like a requisite among young fundie women. As does the absence of color. It’s better than Jill’s Cracker Barrel store look, but it’s still your basic bland fundie decor they all have.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 15
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

First thing i noticed was the shit paint job jill, kaylee girl and renee did. Edging is horrible and paint missed some spots completely. But mama got content/photo shoot of the "helping timothy by painting". That was all that mattered

• Like 14
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Thoughts on the Teidi decor screenshots.

The house looks neat and clean. I don't care for Hobby Lobby stuff, but Heidi, to her credit, hasn't filled every available surface yet. I suppose Jill will take care of that problem with gifts of dollar-store sale stuff throughout the year. 

Good to see Tim's dog can stay inside and have room to walk. 

Where did the piano come from? Is it the one from Jill's house? If so, what's she using for a piano? Did she grift one? 

The kitchen floors are a choice, and not the best one for a flipped house. I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense of replacing them, but the wall paint should coordinate somehow.  

Did Tim really ask people to share photos of their own houses? Tim wouldn't think to do that. Heidi must have written the copy.

Why would he ask people at all? His account isn’t monetized 🤦‍♀️

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I love coffee but own zero signs advertising my love. Instead I own a lot of coffee and 3 coffee pots haha.

I hate those fucking signs with the heat of a thousand suns! Just why???

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I love coffee but own zero signs advertising my love. Instead I own a lot of coffee and 3 coffee pots haha.

I have one that also mentions wine. Oops.... I have two. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

Lovely and durable stick-on floor tiles would do wonders to cover that floor. And wow, the only color in the house is the curtains. They even outshine the tree, so maybe adding some more color to go with the coffee/baby poop painted walls would help.

• Like 4