Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Why does Jill post all those photos in "mirror" mode? I can almost understand why her selfies would be that way, but FFS, that photo of David is also in mirror mode. You can tell by the backwards sign on the wall in the background. 

Does she have any clue how stupid that makes her look?

Oh, gosh @oliviabenson - how could she possibly have a cold sore? She's sucking down all that Plexus pink drink on the regular, and therefore she HAS to be the healthiest woman in the world, or at least in her corner of Ohio! 🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 14
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

"Masteral Level."

Masteral Level made me laugh harder than anything I've laughed at in a long time. "Ladies Graduate Program" was a real treat too. God forbid the ladies study certain academic disciplines!

Edited by Zella
  • Like 13
  • LOL 4

I Googled “masteral,” and it is the Tagalog term for master’s degree. It appears that many of the students are from the Philippines, so that makes sense. I’m sure the coursework is nothing like what would be required at a real college!

• Like 1
  • Useful 15
3 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I will never get over the fact that Gabriel is 17 years old and Samuel is 18 years old and they are sharing a Bunk bed. 

She has no clue what’s appropriate for her children.  A Thomas the Tank Engine VHS?  My daughter loved Thomas as a preschooler, certainly not any older than 1st or 2nd grade.  There is nothing in that room that says teenaged boy.  I hope somebody at Philly’s school tells him he can decorate his side of the dorm room as he pleases and doesn’t need to keep BME’s stuff on display.  Those poor kids have never been allowed to think for themselves.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

But ... does he know how to do that? Does he know to find attraction to a woman that Mahmo hasn't expressly told him to fall in love with?  Serious question - do the Rodlets have any idea of Normal People Laws of Attraction? Or do they understand how attraction works? 

On one hand, I really hope I'm not underestimating human nature, but we've heard these kids speak, we've heard their "teacher", and we know the IFB & Co. are big fans of arranged courtships.  

Before I read here (props to you all who had the patience to dig thru info about this school for us!) what a small school it was, I had high-ish hopes Philip would somehow make some friends.  But now that I see how SMALL the school is, it seems unlikely, at best.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9
3 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

But ... does he know how to do that? Does he know to find attraction to a woman that Mahmo hasn't expressly told him to fall in love with?  Serious question - do the Rodlets have any idea of Normal People Laws of Attraction? Or do they understand how attraction works? 

On one hand, I really hope I'm not underestimating human nature, but we've heard these kids speak, we've heard their "teacher", and we know the IFB & Co. are big fans of arranged courtships.  

Before I read here (props to you all who had the patience to dig thru info about this school for us!) what a small school it was, I had high-ish hopes Philip would somehow make some friends.  But now that I see how SMALL the school is, it seems unlikely, at best.

From what Jill has said, her kids are raised from birth to follow their parents' direction at all times in everything, for their entire lives.  So, while the kids may experience natural attractions to others, they are told that this is sinful unless it has been sanctioned by their parents.  They are also kept away from virtually anyone who doesn't believe as they do; so they are interacting mostly with a pool of other young single people who also think they will go to hell if they flirt with or interact with anyone without consulting a parent first.  

So, the kids are told that their natural feelings and attraction to others are wrong and dangerous.  And, if they happen to be attracted to someone of the same sex, they are doomed to hell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 18
1 hour ago, MultiMunkee said:

I Googled “masteral,” and it is the Tagalog term for master’s degree. It appears that many of the students are from the Philippines, so that makes sense. I’m sure the coursework is nothing like what would be required at a real college!

Interesting. However, since the copy is in American English, it would be more logical to say Master's (Masteral) Level or something like that. Maybe no one but the male students from the Philippines take that program; it's probably cultural-specific information to help men set up their own church. No ladies will be doing that!

• Like 10
4 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I will never get over the fact that Gabriel is 17 years old and Samuel is 18 years old and they are sharing a Bunk bed. 

They could at least separate them a la Frick and Frack (the Duggar twins Jed! and Jer.)  Jillybean wants to keep them around to be roadies on the Grift Tours.  ☹️

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

They could at least separate them a la Frick and Frack (the Duggar twins Jed! and Jer.)  Jillybean wants to keep them around to be roadies on the Grift Tours.  ☹️

Ah yes, the Bert and Ernie bedroom.  Still makes me laugh. 

When some of you said this place was below Massilon, I didn't think that was possible.  I stand corrected. how does Jill find these creepy places?  You know she found it and sent him there.  Why was Massilon abandoned?  

One thing that stands out to me about that awful bedroom for the boys is that I would worry that that bunk bed was going to collapse.  Even those emaciated kids are probably too heavy for that top bunk.  And how does whoever has the misfortune to sleep in it get in there?  Does the crib rail flip down or something?

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 1

Phillip can’t decorate his room like a normal college student dorm because he has never seen a normal male dorm room. Same with his brothers - they’ve never seen a normal teenage boys room. 
The whole situation is just so sad. Children’s bunk beds, children’s books and dvds (vhs?) for teen boys. Talk about arrested development.  
I seriously would like Jill to look at some decorating magazines. The HGTV magazine could work for her. My GRANDMOTHER’S home isn’t as dated as the barndo and there’s even room to move! 

• Like 12
  • Sad 9
25 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Her white savior self would probably love it. 

Oh absolutely. It’s actually a thing fundy churches encourage men to do. There are some absolutely horrific articles out there encouraging this. It’s sex trafficking, full stop.

The fundy guy I dated way, way back when I was a teen eventually married a woman from the Philippines when he was 30. Basically a mail order bride situation. I heard from an acquaintance he didn’t even meet her until he went there to marry her. I can absolutely see some of the Rod boys going this route. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 7
5 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Oh absolutely. It’s actually a thing fundy churches encourage men to do. There are some absolutely horrific articles out there encouraging this. It’s sex trafficking, full stop.

The fundy guy I dated way, way back when I was a teen eventually married a woman from the Philippines when he was 30. Basically a mail order bride situation. I heard from an acquaintance he didn’t even meet her until he went there to marry her. I can absolutely see some of the Rod boys going this route. 

Sadly, so can I. 

• Sad 11

Phillip will be out of Marietta BC well before he's old enough to get married, even by Rodrigues standards. However, he should hunt for a girl for Samuel, who is in imminent danger of outgrowing his bunk bed. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • LOL 15
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Phillip will be out of Marietta BC well before he's old enough to get married, even by Rodrigues standards. However, he should hunt for a girl for Samuel, who is in immediate danger of outgrowing his bunk bed. 

Unfortunately, Samuel can barely string 2 words together. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 9
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder how BME will react if Phillip falls in love with one of the female students?

Maybe she has seen the show 90 day fiancé and will pitch a TV show around Philly. This could lead to brides for the brothers episodes. We all know BME is primed for TV.

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Rumor has it, that part of the reason Tim was yanked home from college, was a girl. Not sure of the whole story there, but I'd say yes, they are capable of it. Doing it without BMEs approval,  however,  is a whole different story.

So who knows with Phillip?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, a small hope that someone will rebel, break away, and maybe even engage a ghostwriter to blow up their ghastly little world.

I would be delighted if one Rodlet, anyone of them, broke away to live a more normal life. It would be especially nice if one of the Rod kids sought a real education. Writing a tell all book would be icing on that cake!

• Like 13

So, is Bible College BME's version of the Duggar's ALERT?  The Rod sons may not learn how to dig trenches or march in a line, but they also won't meet any girls unless the parents approve.  Different method to the same end.  Learn to obey and stay on the straight and narrow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 3

I think the timing of this boy's transfer coincides pretty well with Jill's post about a month ago talking about the men not being sissies, and being righteous leaders or some such nonsense. Didn't she say something along the lines of "we don't all agree all the time"? Methinks he was tiptoeing ever so slightly to independence or even showing interest in a non-Mama approved young woman, so Jill sent him to Christian boot camp. Guess since Timmy bought a house, the trailer is available for when Gabriel flunks out has it laid on his heart that God wants him elsewhere.

• Like 8
  • Useful 7
3 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I think the timing of this boy's transfer coincides pretty well with Jill's post about a month ago talking about the men not being sissies, and being righteous leaders or some such nonsense. Didn't she say something along the lines of "we don't all agree all the time"? Methinks he was tiptoeing ever so slightly to independence or even showing interest in a non-Mama approved young woman, so Jill sent him to Christian boot camp. Guess since Timmy bought a house, the trailer is available for when Gabriel flunks out has it laid on his heart that God wants him elsewhere.

Tim sold the trailer. He got about ten grand for it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7

So the trailer was basically Timmy’s down payment on his love nest. Smart. I have to say that I am legitimately surprised that he is “allowed” to live alone in the house.  Maybe Jilly has cameras hidden in all that “decor” to monitor Timmy’s comings and goings.  And I’m sure “Covenant Eyes” is set up on all electronics in the house with a direct link to Mahmo’s phone to keep eyes on his interweb activity.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
On 9/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, sagittarius sue said:

My mother chose my bedroom set when I was about 11, and I don't think I would've chosen white French Provincial myself.  I think it was a popular choice in the early 60s.  I did appreciate having a double bed and nice dresser with a big mirror.  It stood the test of time as my younger sister used it herself and for her daughters at least until at least 2000.

Aww…I had my bedroom set, similar to yours in 1972, and all that remains is the repainted bachelor’s chest which is now in my granddaughter’s room. 
Do we think the old bunk beds are from David or Jill’s childhoods? Is that why they have kept them? I guess with these parents her kids should be grateful they’re not permanently on the floor with pillow and blankets.

• Like 6

Why don't Jill and David need to follow their parents and have their approval, and why aren't they glued to them, since this is what they require from their children?

If Nurie and Kaylee still need to serve/Listen to Jill and hang around with the family, why doesn't she live like that with her parents? Or Dave's?

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Screenshots from her recent Plexus shilling video. Sorry!

049D1A56-5F80-4FC2-9294-67FD8A916D5F.jpeg

8FB6DB78-077A-4D23-9E93-3002C04AC2CE.jpeg

“Just sittin here in my beautiful living room”.

Just the other day she was in her “beautiful backyard”.

God is so good to her. 🤔

• Sad 1
  • LOL 15
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“Just sittin here in my beautiful living room”.

Just the other day she was in her “beautiful backyard”.

God is so good to her. 🤔

Jill is a greedy gal, she loves STUFF. She is a hoarder of cheap/useless things.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

CA338853-60B1-41D6-9BB9-493F3243B3DD.jpeg

Jill didn’t earn the trip to Mexico. Let’s see if she goes to DR.

My family lives in DR. We don't want her! 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That picture above suffocates me. Every inch of that corner is stuffed with shit.

She just can't have a blank space, can she? 

• Like 15
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

If Nurie and Kaylee still need to serve/Listen to Jill and hang around with the family, why doesn't she live like that with her parents? Or Dave's?

Exactly like some other fundie families, they expect an obedience from their adult offspring that they themselves never offered.  They never seem to think of what will happen to the kids when they die.  The kids need to learn to stand on their own.

• Like 16
On 9/1/2023 at 6:10 AM, oliviabenson said:

Jill stop showing your feet I don’t want to see them. 

(Feet gross me out)

In general, I am REALLY tired of these types of photos.

On 9/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Lady Edith said:

Jill, you seem to be very fond of showing off your feet.  I hope you know that there are people in the world who find feet to be…umm…stimulating.  As in, as stimulating as the parts of the female anatomy that you judge other women for not hiding under layers of clothing.  You are no better in this instance from the women you call “sluttish” for showing (GASP) their legs, arms and shoulders.  Or Lord Daniel forbid, a little cleavage.  So you feel it’s ok to openly show a part of your body that leads peoole (some men and some women alike) to have desires that can’t be righteously fulfilled, but I should be shamed for wearing only one tshirt that shows my collarbone.  Or having blue hair.  Or wearing shorts.  Check yourself, Jill.  Your hypocrisy is showing as clearly as your swollen cankles. 

Wonder if anyone has sent her foot photos to a fetish site?

Jill, you seem to be very fond of showing off your feet.  I hope you know that there are people in the world who find feet to be…umm…stimulating.  As in, as stimulating as the parts of the female anatomy that you judge other women for not hiding under layers of clothing.  You are no better in this instance from the women you call “sluttish” for showing (GASP) their legs, arms and shoulders.  Or Lord Daniel forbid, a little cleavage.  So you feel it’s ok to openly show a part of your body that leads peoole (some men and some women alike) to have desires that can’t be righteously fulfilled, but I should be shamed for wearing only one tshirt that shows my collarbone.  Or having blue hair.  Or wearing shorts.  Check yourself, Jill.  Your hypocrisy is showing as clearly as your swollen cankles. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1