Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

There were no other sizes on the rack. A previous owner dumped this one in a  discard bin. It looks like a spandex nightmare to get on.

The problem can easily be solved by adding another layer of shirt. I suggest a sweatshirt to help protect the wandering eyes of innocent males. The female Rodlets wear multiple modesty layers, top and bottom, in the heat of summer, so why should their leader, BME, be different? 

Well, we know according to SHP, "men have a problem with their eyes."  So, why isn't Mahmo taking care of her "eye traps?"  

Rules for she are different from her rules for thee.  Hypocrite.

• Like 15
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, we know according to SHP, "men have a problem with their eyes."  So, why isn't Mahmo taking care of her "eye traps?"  

Rules for she are different from her rules for thee.  Hypocrite.

Again, all the preaching about modesty but she hasn't seen a tight skirt or dress she didn't like. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

It looks like it must smell bad, but is probably the only place they could afford that would allow so many people.

I strongly suspect that it doesn't allow "so many people".....

• Like 16
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/10/2023 at 1:24 AM, oliviabenson said:

D44B3166-E4C8-43CC-870C-99C0B692460B.jpeg

7472A953-0AC8-4252-952C-E17DEA39D036.jpeg

The kid looks terrified of her!

Kid’s face says “I haven’t slept in several days due to the constant shrill proclamations of godliness and ‘singing’.”

22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

3DB6573E-1178-46D9-8454-D5263698134B.jpeg

The outfit is a CHOICE. A bad choice… I think she needs glasses. 

I believe this is a LulaNope gown. They’re all stretchy, and she’s probably reveling in the fact she “can fit” into a size XS. Probably will show up as a Plexus shill in another post.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

It looks like it must smell bad, but is probably the only place they could afford that would allow so many people.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would not be surprised if they said there were 6 or 8 in their party.  It is very possible that the owner had no idea that this huge tribe was staying in the property.  Until she posted the pictures.

• Like 12

The good thing about the barndo is that everyone has a bed. A vacation means everyone not named Jill or David is going to have to double up on a sofa or sleep on the floor. Every time. And they're always on vacation. That's fun when you're little, but for anyone not named Janessa, Sadie, Sofia, and Olivia, it might lead to some uncomfortable nights. I wonder how the boys manage. Do they share beds? Somehow, I don't see that meeting Rodrigues standards. 

I suppose it's apparent that I do not enjoy camping, inside or outside. If I can't sleep well, it's no vacation. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I strongly suspect that it doesn't allow "so many people".....

So do I.

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would not be surprised if they said there were 6 or 8 in their party.  It is very possible that the owner had no idea that this huge tribe was staying in the property.  Until she posted the pictures.

I think that's quite possible. Actually, quite probable. 

• Like 10

is it just me or has the clothing gotten a little more modern for Jill and the girls?? and even hair...mmm...nothing like going to the convention in nashville and realizing YOU are not FASHIONALBE....so she may not head towards pants or sleeveless...but...we may not be seeing little house on the prairie...or at least not as much while she gets everyone new dresses...oh...I even noticed the girls in t-shirts...plain and not down to their elbows...the more exposure the kids have the more differences they will notice..and want to fit it or at least not stand out like a sore thumb...we shall see how this goes with the clothes...

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I suppose Nurie & Nathan are staying with the family but I really hope Kaylee & Jonathon are at least taking the baby home at night.

On the night that Jill showed Phillip doing devotionals, it was midnight. Jonathan and Kaylee were sitting right there with the baby in his lap. So no, it looks like they slept there.

• Sad 21
36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

On the night that Jill showed Phillip doing devotionals, it was midnight. Jonathan and Kaylee were sitting right there with the baby in his lap. So no, it looks like they slept there.

What did they do all day that had them doing their devotional at midnight? If the men leading the devotionals is Jill's favorite part of vacation, you'd think she'd want to get to it right after dinner so everyone would look alert for the photos. 

Photos are important! The rest of it like dinner and sleep not so much. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What did they do all day that had them doing their devotional at midnight? If the men leading the devotionals is Jill's favorite part of vacation, you'd think she'd want to get to it right after dinner so everyone would look alert for the photos. 

Photos are important! The rest of it like dinner and sleep not so much. 

Sleep? What sleep? The little girls were still up playing with a doll house. There's no such thing as a bedtime in that household.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
3 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Now there are pics of wearing the same dress. Not sure if it’s 1 dress they are rotating between them or it’s 6 dresses that are the same. 

There must have been a good sale at Wal-Mart. 

The close ups are interesting. Nurie's upper lip has disappeared. Kaylee is so made up that she's unrecognizable. Tessie needs to work on mascara application. Her lashes are one big clump.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I know I'm one to talk (I do go slightly nocturnal on vacation), but I can not for the life of me figure out how people who don't seem to do anything structured can't get their buts to bed at a sensible hour, at least for the little ones. 

• Like 17

Yep, Jill bought all matching dresses so she could be "just one of the girls" with her daughters.   How pathetic that she can't be happy being their mom but has to try to convince people she is as  young as they are.   

As for the house, most AirBnB and VRBO contracts state that if you exceed the listed guests you can be evicted with no refund and forfeit your deposit.   This is to stop people from renting for parties that leads to complaints.   Which leads to more regulations making it harder for the companies to operate.   Of course, Jill didn't pay for anything so she won't care about the money.   And their rep being bad at the company will just mean they are being persecuted for being a large Christian family.   

• Like 17
20 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I’ve never known anyone who does more photo shoots than JillyBean. Everyday it’s time for posed photos! She’s really quite the lying liar too.

One reason the guy asked about the photo shoot is exactly this.  They were obviously in a public area ( park etc) dressed alike.  Wedding photos are normally the only time that happens …but there was no bride.   The second most likely reason … school uniforms.   Nope, not that.  Not a sorority pledge event either.  
So, yes, cult is what comes to most people’s minds.  Because who else  dresses alike and takes photos in a park in a random day with no accompanying event? 

In addition, Jill posted descriptions of her daughters as being submissive and respectful of authorities ( plural intended).  On the internet on her Facebook page where a lot of people she knows nothing about read it.  Including people with ill intent.    People who look for descriptions like that.  

• Like 16
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The close ups are interesting. Nurie's upper lip has disappeared. Kaylee is so made up that she's unrecognizable. Tessie needs to work on mascara application. Her lashes are one big clump.

And Renee still has the rictus grin of someone who can't stand her lot in life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

Jill's lies don't even sound real. Families have photo shoots in public places. Families dress alike in these photos. The dresses they were wearing absolutely do not scream cult, maybe ugly, maybe Temu, but not cult. There was no gruff man - full stop.

SHP called out Jill for being part of a cult, not some fake random man peeking out his window. Jill spends an awful lot of time trying to convince herself others they are not this or that. Wouldn't a true evangelical be posting uniting Biblical quotes? Wouldn't a true evangelical call attention to OTHERS in need in their posts? Jill was all about her little storm that knocked down a sign in her yard, but has she recently mentioned Hawaii?

Jill is the poster child for "sinning".

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's lies don't even sound real. Families have photo shoots in public places. Families dress alike in these photos. The dresses they were wearing absolutely do not scream cult, maybe ugly, maybe Temu, but not cult. There was no gruff man - full stop.

SHP called out Jill for being part of a cult, not some fake random man peeking out his window. Jill spends an awful lot of time trying to convince herself others they are not this or that. Wouldn't a true evangelical be posting uniting Biblical quotes? Wouldn't a true evangelical call attention to OTHERS in need in their posts? Jill was all about her little storm that knocked down a sign in her yard, but has she recently mentioned Hawaii?

Jill is the poster child for "sinning".

Who was the photographer in these photos? Probably Timbits or Philly, I’m sure Dave was too busy with the map. And in the manly man photos, why isn’t Dave in any of the pictures? Isn’t he manly enough? Jill however must insert herself in the girlie group, after all they are BFF besties.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Monthly reset? $150 a pop! It’s cheaper to go to the gym and eat healthy.

And from all the people Jill knows/bothers she only has 12 people on her team?! 

Oh you hateful Jill what a pathetic broom riding person you are. 

Get a job at Walmart you will actually have $ to feed your hunk unlimited hummingbird bird cocktails and hot dogs. 

9B824CC5-E905-469E-A436-945BDF4400A8.jpeg

E5954F08-5027-4483-95E6-93205821A8C4.jpeg

• Sad 6
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I’ve never known anyone who does more photo shoots than JillyBean. Everyday it’s time for posed photos! She’s really quite the lying liar too.

Soooo mahdest of them!

• LOL 6

Okay Jill created a photo shop fail. Her butt looks deformed and her head looks like she pasted it on from a different picture? And obviously the arm?! What is happening?

I am laughing so hard ya all my sides hurt. 

93F53191-5215-450E-AF69-B11EDC21F58A.jpeg

It definitely looks like her neck is broken. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 16
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And Renee still has the rictus grin of someone who can't stand her lot in life.

She always looks so terrified to me. I would love to know her TRUE thoughts. I'm going to guess that MM has ran for the hills(good for him if he did), but I feel bad for Renee, only because she is still stuck in hell. Not that these girls ever get out because MAHMO is ALWAYS around.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12

I truly think Jill knows that the BIGGER lie to tell here would involve passing smiley tracts to the gruff man and suddenly he was SAVED!  

So we got an almost equally unbelievable lie, but still one that perhaps some of her other Persecuted Christian™  friends would believe.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1